Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
Just thought I would update people so you dun think I've disappeared, I'm gonna read through all replies tonight (and maybe continue reading tomorrow depending on how far I get) and then I'll most likely reply tomorrow if nothing very unexpected gets in the way.

Hey,
Just thought I would update people so you dun think I've disappeared, I'm gonna read through all replies tonight (and maybe continue reading tomorrow depending on how far I get) and then I'll most likely reply tomorrow if nothing very unexpected gets in the way.
Sounds good to me! Thanks for the update :)

Typing up my reply :3 in T minus 10...9....8....

• Love
Reactions: junebug
STAPH CHANGING YOUR NAME :3

@SheriffLlama @-QT-

The both of you have been tagged because its been actually more than a week, or if not a week until your last post. Deadline was yesterday. We would like for you two to post asap, so like tomorrow night. Consider this a warning, tehe XD

If I missed anyone else who didn't meet the deadline.. A post once a week, unless you have two characters.. Then its one post per character once a week.. Let me know..

@Master Justin - Yo, when you see this, get on Skeip XD
Oh, just noticed this. Working on Prince of Duvarian after I finish him I will get on Skype... I think that's what you mean, don't know what Skeip is ... >.> XD

Oh, just noticed this. Working on Prince of Duvarian after I finish him I will get on Skype... I think that's what you mean, don't know what Skeip is ... >.> XD
Lol, yeah, that's what I mean. and I like to call Skype Skeip from time to time.

Getting on now.

It's totally Skeip

Reactions: Akashi
Barnaby Mallory
tumblr_o8meblS89a1rpdibxo2_250.gif
Nickname: Barbie
"Never heard of a man going by Barbie before? Stop your gawking. It's a whole lot easier for the simple minded folks to call me Barbie than 'Barnaby'. Besides, my mum called me Barbie and I miss her, in a way I guess my name is something very close to me."
"Am I really that old? Whew how the years go by, huh?"
"I can remember having both a feminine and masculine side even as a child, the fact that I don't have female pronouns does not take away my femininity."
Sexual Orientation: For the most part heterosexual, however he often times wonders if he's more pansexual than completely straight as he's been attracted to other men before and couldn't explain it.
"I think my mind is more of a spectrum than black and white. Some people are just painted this way, it's just taking me a little bit longer to discover my own picture. Is the end of the world the wrong time to be thinking about things like this? I guess if it didn't matter to people when they were still a civilized society, it wouldn't matter to them. But it matters to me."

Personality:
Barbie is a rather dry person. He's almost overly sarcastic, and tends to come off as more rude towards people he deems as 'stupid'. He's crass and goes out of his way to drive out the worst in people. "True, because once you've seen the worst in someone, you know what they are really like. We spend our days even back when things were 'normal' putting on this crackpot mask of kindness while hiding who we really are to get people to like us. Truth is, everyone is shitty. Best not to wade through the sewers if you have to swim through it anyway. get the bad out in the air first."

As sarcastic as Barbie tends to be he does have some sense to him. He doesn't believe in letting the weak suffer and understands all too well that some people just need a little more help than others do. To most people who first meet him they've got one opinion of him; he's going to get stabbed by saying something sarcastic. But for all the rude, oafish things that Barbie does he's got a softer side. He loves kids, and tends to be very protective of them. That same statement could go for the elderly and sick, or just anyone that needs aid. "Oh come on, now everyone is going to think that I'm some sort of whiny little Gandhi person."

He is fiercely loyal to those he cares about, there's not much that he won't do to protect them. He's very reliable, when he says something will be done, it'll be done. However, grief isn't something that is new to him. Instead of facing the fact that his family is gone, he's managed to completely set his more harsh emotions aside and pretend that they are still out there. Or at least, that's what his attitude comes off as around others. Deep inside, one could surely promise that he's fighting to keep himself upright. He suffers alone, but it's not a lack of trust that keeps him from talking. It's a barrier that he can't seem to overcome, almost as if he's physically unable to talk about anything.

Adding to this, he tends to be more allocentric than selfish. Even when it seems like he's going out of his way to think of himself. He's got a cunning mind, while something may not seem to add up Barbie has thought of a way to connect it and make it work. "Hey, if you can make a pile of shite into something useful, why be ashamed of it?"

It could also be his downfall. He's spent more time worrying about other people rather than himself, and many times people have not thanked him for his interference. He's got a very bad immodest trait to him, of which gets people very agitated with him. It's almost as if he doesn't know when to stop sometimes. "The way I figure it, people could take or leave my help. Won't stop me from offering it."

He's a stable person, however 'unhinged' he seems. He's got a knack for staying calm when inside his mind he's panicking, and helping to keep others calm as well. "Because nothing good happens when a mass of people panic. Obviously, I mean look at the idiots that ran these stupid refugee camps."

Barbie really isn't that much of a sensual or romantic person. He's never been able to be the first catch for the ladies, guess his terrible timing for sarcastic remarks doesn't do him any favours. "What? Oh, you mean my wit. Because people fall in love with dumbasses. I thought sarcasm was a sign of intellect?"

With that statement, it could also be said that while he's very clever, he's also got the worst social skills and tends to forget that to survive he has to try to be nice. "Sounds like someone's got the role of petty writer down."

But despite his inability to keep his yapper shut- "Since you've obviously got that part down yourself."-he's actually quite profound when push comes to shove. He can get very pensive, so (and I can't believe I am actually saying this) he's got times where he's almost completely quiet. "Oh a compliment, that's a rarity coming from you."

Then again, he's also got a habit for ruining the moment. "Do not."

Not quick to anger, he's actually quite patient with people. The question being is whether or not people will be patient with him.

He's very abrasive to strangers, though if they show any kind of willingness to work things out he'll typically work with them.

Voice:
(Holmes)

- Fears:

*Believe it or not he's actually very scared of the dark. He's not a fan of rooms suddenly going from light to completely pitch black. "Oh come on now, that's not a real fear to put here, you just wanted to fill this part up because you had nothing creative to put here."

*Writers that could end their character whenever they wanted. "That's a bit of a blow below the belt, don't you think? I think I hear the Noble Petty Awards calling you."

*Spiders; it's not walkers, not the idea of deranged people that unsettles Barbie but spiders. "Them, with their pincers, tiny little creepy spider legs, those beady little soulless spider eyes...brah."

*Suffering before death. "Again, this is a common fear, is it truly a 'fear' if everyone logically fears it?"

Background:

Barnaby was born in Wales to Cynthia and Alby Mallory. He was the only child until he turned six when his baby sister Arlene was born. Jealous, the tiny little six year old ran away from home. He was sure that his parents were replacing him, though their futile attempts to convince him otherwise. He stayed in the neighbor's hay loft, raiding their gardens every night. That was, until he was caught. The neighbors were convinced that it was a deer eating their harvest, and one night farmer Joel Stein stayed up all night to catch it. He saw movement and fired the first round from his hunting rifle; he saw something go down and ran for the crop.

When Joel came up on the 'deer', he discovered that it wasn't a deer at all but a six year old boy who now lay in a pool of his own blood face down in the dirt. Barnaby had been shot right in the chest, so when he came into the hospital that night the doctors weren't sure if they could save the young lad. His parents were informed that their child had in fact been found, but he was in critical condition. Barnaby made it through the surgery, but had a long ways to go before he was out of the woods.

Months past, and Barnaby started growing stronger and stronger. Finally, after six months of being in the hospital, he was allowed to go home. It was the first meeting with his baby sister that gave him his strong sense of protectiveness over her.

As the years drew, he became more of a rebellious kid than he'd been before. Taking up drinking and smoking at the young age of twelve, his parents had no idea what to do with their son. At first they blamed it on themselves, wondering where they could possibly have gone wrong. But it was no fault of theirs; like Barnaby said, some people are just painted differently than what others perceive as 'normal'.

The final straw for both of his parents was when Barbie and a few of his friends crashed their neighbor's van, stolen after dark. Barnaby's parents paid for the van's destruction and repair, but something had to be done about their son. No amount of pleading that Barbie did would make them revoke their decision to send him to military school. He was shipped away from his trouble~making friends and sent into a life of rigid rules.

No alcohol, no smoking, no pranks, just rules. He rebelled against it many times, getting stuck in solitary confinement. Many times he thought that he might as well just live in one of those awful cells, but after a while of going back and forth he finally had to accept that he wasn't going back. The only way to get out was to go forward. So he began to excel in his studies, and moved up in the ranks.

By the time he'd grown to be seventeen, he already had plans to join the British Armed Forces. Graduating at the top of his class, he entered the force's grueling training camps. Since he'd already been through a lot of this, he found it as a challenge but not a struggle. However, as the training grew harder, the more he had to push himself. He would never admit this but there were times he thought about quitting, but his stubborn nature got the best of him and he kept trying. He learned Krav Maga as well as other serious forms of martial arts, and learned how to shoot with pin point accuracy.

He failed on the tank or any kind of driving part of the test. "Guess your higher ups don't like it when you run over the privy. Would have helped if the general wasn't inside at the time."

In no time, the young man made it into the officer ranks in the 3rd (UK) Division. He made the rank Lieutenant before he headed off to Vegas before a tour started. He was going to celebrate when things around the world suddenly started to fall into chaos when the virus struck. He was dumbfounded and caught off guard, but with his training he managed to survive.

He got his last call from his family stating that everyone had been bit; nobody he knew back in the UK survived this freak sickness. Alone, he fled. His goal now is to find a group to survive in, loners hardly did well for themselves.

- Education: High school/military school, British Armed Forces
-Career/Profession: Lieutenant in the British Armed Forces
-Family:
Albly Mallory (father, walker)
Cynthia Mallory (mother, death by suicide)
Arlene Carol Mallory (sister, torn apart by father when he turned into a walker)
-Relationships:
The only girl that this sad prick managed to convince to date him was in high school. Samantha Jayton, the nerdiest girl in the school. She'd lost a bet with him and promised she'd go to a dance if he got straight A's, he won. She fell head over heels in love with him just months before he was shipped off. When she'd heard the news, she told him that she never wanted to see him again.

(However, if anyone is somehow interested in Barnaby for a possible relationship, message me)
"Who wouldn't? Come on."

I think Samantha wouldn't.
"That's just wrong."

Others: He's found a cat named Paul while he was searching apartments. The cat amazingly had managed to survive for two months alone, dodging the geeks.

Now, best joke? Hm, got one.

"I want to tell it."
It's my joke.
"No, it's your brother's joke, you've just took over it."
Fine.

"So this American goes to Ireland on holiday, and meets this man named Seamus. Well the two get to becoming good friends as they get drunk, and finally the old man throws his arm around the American. "Oy, you see that dock over there? Built it meself. Took me a year to finish, picked the finiest woods. But do they call me Seamus the Dock Builder? No. And you see that wall out there? Built it meself. Chose only the best stones to polish and spent a good five months. But do they call me Seamus the Wall Builder? No. And you see this very bar we be drinkin at? I built it meself. Chose the greatest woods, sanded it, and made sure it was nice and steady. But do they call me Seamus the Bar Builder? No. But if you fuck one goat."

Do you get it?"

e41bf46d-b8c9-420f-bbc3-41ec4333d277.gif

Reactions: Pysren
If I don't post in the next few hours. I'll post for both Vixen and Readd tomorrow.

@B l u E s @Akashi I think Readd is near where you guys were on the streets so he'll probably see the walking dead coming his way and with the rain pouring down, he'll probably hear the fire engine doors closing and run that way. You know... screaming to let him in before those brain dead fuckers get him XD

People still at the fire station?
Yeah.

Reactions: Akashi
I'm still alive, just waiting patiently for @B l u E s when she can get around to posting! ^^

I'm waiting on Mastah Justeeeen

• Love
Reactions: Justin
  • Love
Reactions: Pysren
Status
Not open for further replies.