The Undying Hunt - Creation Station & Sign Ups

11/25/22 // a small announcement:

outside of those i've spoken to and given extensions, i'm going to hesitantly classify the undying hunt as "closed" since the opening post is up and brainstorming/plotting is underway! i'm going to prefix the roleplay with by invitation only, however, with the caveat that anyone can join in on the narrative with us-- but our 'marked' ones are currently full! if you'd like to join in, post a skelly sheet here, and we'll storm to see where we can fit ya in.

Im sorry if this may be a silly question. But do i send the skelly sheet directly to you? Or was just editing it fine?
Apologies, I thought you were gunna repost! I'll let you know my thoughts once I've read thru it.

Rare but possible! And it has consequences: all of their magic and abilities save for their 'active power' will disappear upon reanimation. They do, however, seem to have resistance against sunlight; not entirely becoming 'daywalkers' but able to suffer small exposure with a quickened healing response. Curiously, there have been documented dhampir/witch hybrids, so the running theory is that the vampiric reanimation is what causes a witch to lose their magic.

*sighs of relief* this is so relevant to me! So grateful Miharu asked that because I was gonna bring up a similar concept with my active power I'm still fleshing out, but their question basically answered any I had hehehe. The term dhampir/witch hybrid sounds ahhhhh! I might have to tweak my char and make him a hybrid, because I don't think his active power is fitting for a witch, but it makes perfect sense for a dhampir/witch hybrid. iirc you were open to players adding races to lore (that's how fairies came into play right?) would it be possible to add keeper's as a rare hybrid? I did intend for keepers to go through transformative rituals that produced their ability to cast signs as well as other attributes to help defend witches from vampires.

I guess I'll just spit out my active power idea now, since I'm already talking about it. cx but essentially, in ye olden times, higher witches looked to capture and contain vampires (no more than one at a time) and letting their Thirst take control in hopes to harness its bloodlust and deadly power and turn it into their own via ancient rituals. These tortuous experiments were a secret and extremely rare, perhaps one of a kind undertaking, separate from the slightly less severe transformation rituals that turned witches into keepers. The experiments were successful in creating a one of a kind active power exclusive to keepers, and the power itself is so niche and secret, its name was coined in battle, as keepers and witches alike dubbed the rare power wielders Ragers, characterized both by the frenzy those rare select few keepers exhibited in combat, as well as a distinct scent they give off when they fight.

"You can't stop. You put out a scent. I have only smelt it once or twice. We have a name for someone like you. You're a rager."

Ragers are essentially your typical Old Norse berserkers; said to have fought in a trance-like fury. It's an extremely rare class of keeper and since its birth, barely a handful of ragers have been documented in recorded history. Ragers are natural-born killers, capable of entering an adrenaline-induced trance in which their natural abilities are greatly enhanced. This trance, also known as "raging", allows ragers to perform feats of incredible power and skill. When ragers enter the trance, their vision splinters, until all they can see is their victim's most vulnerable points.

This gift does come with downsides, however. While raging, a rager is often incapable of controlling themselves, leading them susceptible to serious injury, due to no longer having a sense of self preservation. Raging also takes years of constant fighting to master and even then, ragers can find it difficult to control their violent urges, leading others to become wary of and ultimately reject them. Fresh ragers discovering their power for the first time usually faint after raging, until they have a better grasp on the gift.

With that being said, I know it sounds like a lot, maybe a little unbalanced. I'm trying to reel in that power by making it extremely rare and exclusive to select few keepers, as well as all the drawbacks mentioned, and it's also an active power I don't really intend to use, odd as that might sound. (I keep saying active power even though hybrids only have one power set in their sheet, hence why I never felt 'witch' felt like an appropriate classification for keepers, but I couldn't seem to fit them elsewhere.) My char wouldn't be aware he's a rager or even much of the concept itself, basically a myth among keepers and their respected covens, lodges and witches in the modern age. I imagined too, that if he ever found the opportunity to fully indulge himself in raging to its highest degree, he probably wouldn't survive, at the very least suffering extreme injury that would leave him unconscious or incapacitated, unfit to fight any longer. That's the whole concept, really, someone willing to take on a horde of Unveiled and bring down as many as they can with them, or at the very least keep them busy.

Between ragers, keepers and their ancient transformation rituals, there's still a lot to flesh out, I didn't want to present it all half-assed like this as I want you to get the full picture, but alas, been trynto find time for all of it, and failed. cx oops. But I'm eager to see what you think and open to any suggestions, and since I'm asking to have keepers on as a rare class of hybrid I'd be more than happy if anyone else wanted to play one alongside myself.

Interesting!! I'm gunna chew on this and see how I can rissafy it! A dhampir/witch lineage that was created over the course of generations with blood magic and witchery? Shiiiiit sign me up.

I'll think on some tweaks on how to better balance them, but the concept itself sounds gucci!

Sweet and thanks! Yeah, its all really vague, I didn't even get to touch on how raging could influence the way signs and their distinct properties function, or the exact nature of the higher witches who orchestrated the transformation rituals and how that ties to Pirn. But better to let it simmer and rissafy. ;D

But eh, no big deal if its too much, lol goin' all Berserk is asking a lot. I'm perfectly content playing a guide and cheering everyone on and making fun of the bad guys from the sidelines instead. c:<

I did a revision. I hope this is fine. I mostly simply just x'ed out parts and did not make big changes.

The knife thumped rhythmically against the board as it sliced the fresh meat. Blood pooled and splattered, calming Morgan. Sweat dripped down his lean, sun kissed, torso, his golden locks plastered against the side of his face. Startling crystal blue eyes were focused upon the board, a soft smile upon his as drops of blood landed on his skin. He threw the cut meat to the side, where a huge pile of them were already stacked; he worked in a trance, feeding the burning desire inside of him. The butcher shop, located at the heart of Pirn, was the safest way he could indulge his needs. He could not let it happen again. He would not let himself be a danger to Prenn and Sofia.

The childless witch couple welcomed him into their house ten years ago, providing him with the comfort of family. The life he currently had, he owed it to them. When people tend to skip over him at the orphanage, or would cancel his adoption after learning about his background, the witches embraced him in their arms. Without a second thought, they signed the adoption papers, and whisked him away to Pirn. Ten years had passed since then, but to the couple, he was still the 16 years old boy they adopted.

Abilities
Shapeshifting - Takes little to no effort for them. However the drawback of adopting the personality, and worse, bad habits of the person they shapeshift into is not fun. Although they can suppress it after the first week, the habits tend to come out randomly at any given time. (I bended the lore a bit here, I know. Trying my luck. I can revert this to the actual lore if this is not allowed.)
They are vulnerable when they shape shift, and would particularly need 2 posts before they finish shifting into another. They need to isolate themselves at this time, away from the eyes of others, as they are not comfortable in being seen as they shed one skin and into another. While it does not take much, they will feel little pinpricks all over their body as they morph into another person. Though tolerable, they try not to change skin more than once in a month.
Speed , Agility. For four consecutive posts, they can run at a speed that will match that of a shifter, before their speed drastically decline. If other abilities are being used, the number of bouts they can run as fast would be lower.
Minimal control and manipulation over mists: Limited to visual effects. - Curtain ( Obscure the sight of others within 50 meters. Valid for 5 posts, with the mist receding each post by 10 meter. Cannot be used again until the next day or so.
Blinds enemies and friends alike.)
Illusion: The ability to create illusions out of mist - If we are using this with Curtain, it is only valid for 1 post.
If there is natural mist - can be used thrice, each time has a validity of one post, with one post in between.
All Illusions are at most silhouettes.
Due to their frail body, using their abilities until they are drained will leave them to have fever / and will be out of commission for the next 3 days.

Singular Desire:
Blood lust. They craved to spill blood, and revelled in painting themselves with it. An ecstasy. The drug that could keep them sane. Before they met Prenn and Sofia, they were prone to bouts of explosive violence in haze, often leaving others badly injured. The result of their attempts at suppressing the need caused them to always be irate, and reclusive. They were easily triggered by stimulations, and would often opt to be on their own.
Their situation drastically changed upon moving to Pirn with the witches. They became a butcher apprentice at 16, the job keeping their desire manageable. Once in a while, they would take assassination requests, for their abilities were well suited for the profession. They are always afraid that the desire might overcome them, leading them to develop insomnia. They do not like to lose consciousness, for that might allow the desire to overwhelm them.

Regarding Elsewhere:
The awareness that they lived elsewhere was like a muted buzz at the back of their mind. A white noise in the background. And if they were to try to "pierce" through, the thought would elude them. Having lived with it for 21 years, they have learnt to mute the thought, and simply let it be.

Last edited:
I finally finished my skeleton sheet!

A series of unfortunate events would describe Elouan Motagu's life. Even though his early life wasn't perfect, he was surrounded by his loving family in friends. However, his turning and the following years afterward were nothing less than traumatic. His world was turned upside down, and it was difficult for him to adapt.

Elouan has always had a delicate frame, being on the petite side for a boy. Ever since turning into a vampire over a hundred years ago, his aversion to blood has caused him to grow painfully thin. He often wears oversized clothes to hide the protruding bones beneath his skin, or his angular limps. Many know him as the "prince of the moon," a title was given to him for his beautiful ivory skin. Looking at him in the right light, he appears almost translucent, his pale white hair contributing to an ethereal image. Some rumors even say that the sun has never touched his skin.

Elouan is inherently reserved, his voice is soft and gentle when speaking. However, despite the many hardships he has faced, he has continued to be a compassionate and empathetic person. Even though he often battles his own internal emotional turmoil, he always shows the world a bright smile. It makes him happy to make others happy, even if that means sacrificing his own well-being.

How did your character die as a human? What were the circumstances of their rebirth?
Elouan was turned around 205 years ago. While out one night with his friends, he caught the eye of the heir of the La Roque clan. Even though he tried his best to run, he was caught and brought back to him. The heir fed on him, becoming enamored by his taste until he had drunk every last drop.

While he was dying, Elouan was terrified. At first, all he could think about was the pain, the absolute agony he was in as he felt himself being drained of blood and becoming cold. But, as he went into shock, he silently cried. He wasn't ready to die, and he wanted to see his loved ones again.

When he awoke, he found himself in a strange place. An old manor. It was here that he discovered that he had been taken by the heir, with the intention to be kept as a pet for him. Elouan was held at the manor for decades, and when he finally managed to escape, his parents had died and his friends had all forgotten him.

It was then that he decided to flee to Prim, hoping to start a new life.

Every vampire has a dominant physical trait, which is yours?
While Elouan is slightly stronger, and faster than normal humans, most of his abilities lie with his increased senses. In particular, he has an excellent sense of smell, and can easily track down his prey for miles using this ability.

What are your character's strengths and weaknesses, outside of (or in spite of) what's already been written?
Due to his traumatic death and rebirth, Elouan has a strong aversion to feeding. The sight and smell of blood can send him into a full panic, where he will often expunge his stomach contents. Moreso, he hates the idea of hurting someone for food, and will vehemently deny feeding someone.

That said, he is also terrified of going into a thirst rampage. While he fights it off for as long as he can, when he is forced to feed it is a very emotional experience for him, and he will only drink a little amount of ethically sourced blood.

Elouan is quite sensitive to the sun. While he tried to avoid going out during the daytime, when it is absolutely necessary, he will wear a cape with magical abilities to shield him from the sun's rays. He acquired this item after saving a witch from vampires who were hunting them.

Of the mental abilities listed, which is your character more intune with? what are their strengths and weaknesses?
While Elouan is skilled at both abilities, he doesn't often use his power of compulsion. He hates the idea of controlling others against their will.

Elouan is much more used to using his telepathy power. Although he often feels bad about it, considering it an invasion of privacy, he still thinks it is better than using compulsion. In many cases, he will use his power to help others, such as sending them calming emotions when they are visibly stressed.

In total, Elouan is more in tune with the emotions and thoughts, side of the powers. Rather than the memories side of the powers.

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?

It was a crisp autumn night as Elouan walked down the empty street. Although he isn't much of an outdoorsy type of person, the chance to bask in the moonlight and breath in the fresh air was something that often eased his mind. He could simply clear his mind, and walk without any disruptions or judgments. However, this night was different than his usual routine

As Elouan passed a small park, he paused as he heard the sound of soft crying. Perhaps if he was still human, he would have thought the scene was scary. But, the fear of death has long since abandoned him. Instead, he cautiously walked towards the noise, curious about what might be the cause.

When he rounded a group of bushes, he spotted a figure. As he got closer, he saw that it was a child, with blue skin and eyes as black as the moonless night. "Hello there," He called out to the figure, his voice gentle. "Are you alright?" His arm raised to wave at the other thought the movement must have startled the kid, as he quickly hid behind a nearby tree.

"Huh? Who are you?" The child asked nervously, peeking out from behind the tree. The kid was wearing tattered clothing, shivering in the cool night air.

"My name is Elouan." He answered, crouching onto his knees in an attempt to appear less threatening. "What are you doing out here? Where's your parents?" He asked, glancing around and finding no sign of anyone else.

"I don't remember…" The kid answered, his tone sounding scared. "I came with my mom. But I can't find her." He continued as he took a step out from behind the tree.

Even though it was obvious that this boy was no longer alive, Elouan couldn't help but be upset at his words. People can be so cruel{/i] he thought to himself. Though, he quickly flashed a reassuring smile at the boy.

"Are you cold? Here, take my jacket." Elouan offered, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around the shivering boy.

"Are you sure?" The boy asked, glancing up at Elouan as if he had just been given the greatest gift in the world. "Of course," Elouan replied, another soft grin pulling at his lips.

"Will you stay with me for a while? I don't want to be alone." The kid asked, pitch-black eyes staring at Elouan. Elouan nodded, "Sure, as long as you want." He replied, his chest aching where his heart used to beat.

The pair sat on a patch of grass, watching the moon and stars. Although Elouan wasn't sure how much time passed, at some point the boy thanked him before falling asleep. As his eyes closed, his hauntingly blue body began to glow, turning into orbs of light that floated up into the sky to join the stars.

I've finally gotten around to finishing Seren's full sheet, so here it is:

• Name:
    Seren Rhiannon o Annwn

Titles/Alias:
    Heliwr o Annwn [Wel. "Hunter from Annwn"] (Title)

Date of Birth:
    November 20th, 1993

Appearance:
    Seren is a 154 cm/5'1" tall, pale woman with a relatively stout build. She has broad shoulders, and has built a fair bit of muscle, though due to poor definition, she looks to be on the chubbier side. She has light freckles across her nose, cheeks, neck and shoulders and a handful of scars dotted around her body, mostly from work related accidents, the most noticeable of which is an about seven or eight centimeter (~3 inches) long one below her left ear, stretch a little toward the throat. She has a total of eight piercings, three on each ear, typically studs with dark orange amber, and two lip piercings on the lower right hand side of her mouth. She has a tattoo covering her entire right forearm, reaching a little onto the elbow. It depicts a scene from Welsh folklore, the Wild Hunt, led by Arawn and Mallt-y-Nos.

Her wardrobe, when she isn't working and wearing a National Park Ranger uniform, is mostly comprised of blacks and greys. She usually wears leather vests or jackets, depending on what the weather allows at the time, typically dark jeans, often blacks, greys and dark blues, and leather boots that reach a little over her ankles. With it she normally wears t-shirts from sometimes more, but usually less well known rock or metal bands. Though she often forgets to put one on, she does occasionally wear chokers with various pendants or sometimes spiked ones.

Beyond that, when she is at home and has no more plans of going out, she is usually wearing the most comfortable clothes she can. Normally oversized t-shirts and loose sweatpants. Though the t-shirts worn here usually continue the trend of more or less well known bands, occasionally, she can be caught with uncharacteristically bright pink and more stereotypically "girly" shirts.

District Ranger

Hobbies:
    Perhaps unsurprisingly, Seren likes to cultivate plants, her kitchen can be neatly divided into thirds, one third that is actual kitchen space, and two thirds that resemble a forest, where she grows her own spices and berries she says she quite literally likes to taste the fruits of her labour, meaning most of her plants produce some kind of edible fruit. Beyond this Seren quite enjoys music, she is a relatively good singer, but much more enjoys playing drums and though her cooking can be a bit hit or miss at times, she is a fairly good baker.
  • Personality:
    Seren is a very calm person and is good at appearing calm and collected even when she isn't. She can be put under a lot of pressure and still at least look as if she has it all under control somehow. She is incredibly stubborn, and rarely lets others change her mind, equal parts a curse and a blessing. She is rather rebellious, often questioning any authority she can on their intentions and methods and greatly dislikes taking orders. Part of her calm, sometimes stone faced demeanour, is that she rarely visibly shows her more empathetic and caring side, she is very attentive and protective over people close to her as well as animals and nature.

Drives:
    Seren's main drive, for the past four years of her life have been the wills of nature, which seems to be the only kind of authority she seems happy to take orders from. Though she hasn't been there for long, Pirn and its lush surrounding nature have taken her heart by storm and she works toward keeping it safe.

Beyond that, despite approaching her thirties, Seren is still trying to understand what she wants out of life. She has only spent four years away from her family, living the life of an adult and standing on her own two feet, so her idea of what she wants to do in the future is so vaguely defined, she barely understands it herself.

Fears:
    As for more mundane fears, Seren dislikes heights and absolutely despises flying, she will refuse to get on a plane unless it is absolutely necessary. Beyond that, Seren has, likely also still due to a lack of day-to-day exposure and familiarity with them, a healthy respect for more powerful Unveiled, such as Witches, Shifters or Vampires. Though she isn't afraid of them per se, she is afraid of a fight with them, her family's powers might be able to keep her in the fight for a little, but she knows rather well that her chances of winning are rather slim.
  • Race:
    Watcher

Power Set:
    Calon y Goedwig [Wel. "Heart of the Forest"]
    The main overarching ability of the "o Annwn" family that allows them to be able to commune with nature. It is a permanent inseparable link to the planet itself that constantly whispers to the o Annwn family. Typically, this is nothing more than pleasant background noise in all of their heads, but with a bit of focus, or the world trying actively to send them a message, it can become much more. Seren has yet only been able to master a few of the abilities hidden within this blessing, and does her best in training herself so she can unlock the full potential of her link to the wild.
    • Most animals are, at worst, indifferent toward Seren and see her as posing no threat to them at all. Though this does not mean that she is automatically friends with every animal she comes across, it makes the process of befriending an animal much easier. Furthermore, it seems as though animals - at least when in some form of distress - have an uncanny ability to find Seren if they need help. This ability in particular can allow Seren to fulfil an incredibly wide variety of roles, she can befriend flying or fast critters for scouting or searching, or befriend larger, more dangerous ones for the sake of protection or combat. There is an animal for almost any situation, and thanks to this ability and with a little time, she can have those animals on her side. For this purpose she usually carries a small bag with dried raisins and nuts to offer to birds, or many herbi- and omnivores she may encounter.
    • Seren is linked with all plants and animals, if she is near them she can understand their general impulses and ideas as if they were normal human language. Though she can't actually really speak an "animal language" or make animals be able to speak a human language, the connection between both acts as a sort of automatic translator. Seren usually speaks Welsh when talking to plants and animals as that is how she was taught to use this ability, and it makes it come a little easier to her.
    • As Seren is connected with nature, she is invariably linked to the world at large though neither she nor anyone in her family really knows what or who it is, the world itself seems to want to protect the o Annwn family, perhaps because they have been in service to it for centuries. Seren and anyone belonging to her family can follow this will that tries to keep them safe, effectively granting them the ability to be at the right place at the right time. If someone tried to attack Seren, something would tell her that she should immediately move and exactly where to move to. This ability can allow Seren to keep up with much stronger and faster opponents, like Vampires or Shifters, by allowing her to evade an attack at the same very moment that her opponent tries to launch it, though it can't actually make her physically stronger.

Other Abilities:
    • As part of her training with her family, Seren was trained in hand-to-hand combat and sword fighting, she still keeps two swords that were given to her by her family with her, though they are not always on her person. Beyond this as she is a District Ranger, she has been trained in the use of firearms, and usually carries a pistol with her as well.
    • Partially because of her link to nature, but also because she has been formally trained in tracking, Seren is great at tracking people and animals, especially through the wilderness.
    • The "o Annwn" (Wel. literally "from Annwn") family is a long standing line of Watchers that can be found mostly around Wales, though some few can be found in Ireland, Scotland and England, very few ever leave their ancestral home of Wales and fewer yet ever leave the British Isles behind. They can trace their roots all the way back to the ancient Welsh folkloric hero Pwyll who made friends with Arawn, the king of Annwn, the Welsh mythical otherworld. It was supposedly by him that Pwyll and his family were blessed with the abilities that the o Annwns exhibit to this day. Another notable feature of the family that seems to have been passed down from the chestnut haired prince Pwyll, is that all members of it have that same chestnut coloured hair as well.

The o Annwn family has since been a sort of spiritual protector for Wales first and foremost, though they have spread to other places across the British Isles. Only very rarely do o Annwns ever leave their ancestral home. Currently there are a total of three of them not living there. Those three live in Germany, New Zealand and the USA.

When a child is old enough to have their abilities manifest, usually around six or seven years old, training begins. At first, it's very light to not overwhelm the child and covers mostly how to keep the connection under a bit of control, to make sure that the child's mind isn't relentlessly flooded by the voices of nature. As they mature training becomes more intense, by the time they are ten to twelve years of age combat training begins and they are trained in sword fighting as well as how to best utilise their connection to the world in combat. Training typically ends between the ages of sixteen and eighteen depending on when the child began, how quickly they learnt and how great their aptitude for their abilities was.

During the training time, the children are not kept away from the rest of the world at all. They are, after all, to become its protector, so by all means they must know how to live in it normally. They attend school normally and later go on to live life just as anybody else would. o Annwns are actively encouraged to find friends and even lovers in the "normal" world, in fact, particularly in terms of romance connections to other Unveiled are somewhat frowned upon. Specifically, while connections with other Watchers and Witches have been accepted as normal - though some family members still hold their prejudices - connections with Vampires, Shifters, and Hybrids in particular are considered to muddle the family's blessing and are discourage to, especially in the case of Hybrids, extreme points.

Within the family, a power structure has held strong for ages. The lowest rung in the ladder, are, of course, the children who are given very little opportunity to chip in on decisions regarding the entire clan and are not given any titles.

Anyone who passes training is given the title "Helwir o Annwn" [Wel. "Hunter from Annwn"]. Most members of the family belong to this particular group. Though, when it comes to incredibly major and wide spreading decisions in the clan, they are called in for voting, they are generally disregarded in these kinds of matters and are usually deployed as just general guardians.

The next highest group are the "Marchog o Annwn" [Wel. "Knight from Annwn"]. The knights are often slightly older, powerful members of the family, and are usually placed as groups of six or seven per region. In Wales there is one group for each of the eight former counties of the country, that are then once again divided into one or two per district in that county. The knights are considered to be the elite warriors of the family, and should anything ever get severely out of hand, they are sent to take care of it. Every so often, each group can nominate one of their Brenins for the position of head of the family.

The next highest group are the "Brenin o Annwn" [Wel. "King from Annwn"]. They are often old, very knowledgeable members of the clans and are tasked with the training of childrens of the family. They are exclusively situated in Wales, and there are always exactly ten of them, if one of them leaves the position open because they died or were voted to become head of the family, a Marchog is moved up to fill their spot. Per group of Marchogs there are always two Brenins, meaning that there are two in each of the eight old districts of Wales.

The highest position in the family is the head of it. They are not given a title, instead they are given the suffix "Pen Annwn" [Wel. roughly "Head of Annwn"]. Currently the title is being held by a man named Matholwch, making his full name Matholwch Pen Annwn. The head of the family usually resides in Castell Annwn, a small mansion owned by the family situated close to Cwmcych the place where Pwyll and Arawn supposedly met. The head, though old, is often an absurdly powerful person, especially for a mere Watcher. Having pushed their mastery of their connection to nature far enough that they can perform incredible feats of near clairvoyance as well as amazing physical feats. A head of the o Annwn family could most likely fight and defeat many normally superior Unveiled. The position is usually not held for more than a decade, as most heads of the family are so advanced in age that they have passed on before ten years can go by. The oldest head of the family was Efnysien Pen Annwn, who held the position for twelve years, growing to be 89 years old.
    • Seren was born the fourth and last child of a Brenin o Annwn called Catherine and another Watcher named Taliesin Colquhoun. She had one older sister, the oldest of the siblings, and two brothers. Her sister's name is Lleuad, who is nine years older than Seren, her brothers are named Haul, who is seven years older, and Awyr, who is two years older. When Seren was just seven years old, the family decided to visit the at-the-time head of the family to whom they were directly related, she was Seren's great grandmother. There, during that visit at Cwmcych, while playing in the nearby woods she spotted some strange creatures, what looked to her to be a pack of five large hounds, each with snow white fur and blood red ears. Scared Seren ran to her mother to tell her what she saw.

Quickly, it was determined that the creatures Seren saw were some of the so-called Cŵn Annwn, the ghostly hunting hounds of Arawn and Mallt-y-Nos, whom Pwyll chased away from a stag they had hunted down to feed to his own hunting hounds shortly before he first met Arawn. The family decided that this must have been an omen. To lay eyes on the hounds of Arawn, the deity who had blessed their family with their powers, it must mean that Seren was blessed, maybe chosen for something more than any of them all. Her training began immediately, her mother specifically requested to train her daughter and it was decided that whoever was the current head of the family was to keep a close eye on her development.

Seren's training was much harder than any other training usually given to the children, she was forbidden to go to a normal school and make many Veiled friends, that time was to be spent training and studying. Her father and mother broke apart over this, Taliesin was of the opinion they were treating their daughter too harshly, while Catherine insisted that it was all necessary. There was very little her father could really do, the o Annwn family was powerful both in the sense that they were strong in combat and in that they had enough contacts to make it practically impossible to get Seren out of her terrible situation. So, after years of pleading and trying, he decided to leave instead, never to be heard from again.

Seren finished her training at nineteen years old, at which point she waited for the first moment she could to sneak away from her family, with the help of her two brothers, who did their best to cover her tracks as she left for the United States. She spend about a year living from paycheck to paycheck, without really having a home until she found herself - Possibly thanks to her hereditary power - drawn to Pirn in particular where she settled and managed to gain the qualifications to become a district ranger and tend to the animals and forest there.
    • Seren, though she harbours a great distaste for most of her family, does think their goal of protecting nature to the best of their ability is good and is probably the only value taught to her during her training she really ever took to heart. Perhaps it was the forests around Pirn itself that called Seren to them, but something makes her feel deeply bound to the wildlife around the town and as such the town itself as well. She sees it as her duty to protect the forest and town to the best of her abilities, if for no other reason that she thinks not using what she can do to help would be a gigantic waste.

i'm absolutely obsessed with this world you've created! had an idea for a character that would hopefully suit the town of pirn nicely, so here she is;

Pirn was the perfect town to host Venus Woodard's long family line of wacky spiritual healers. The Woodard's have always been well known in Pirn as the crazy family who believed crystals could heal, tarot cards told nothing but the truth and practiced holistic healing like religion. How they ended up becoming so passionate over the spiritual world and all of it's wonders? well- Venus was told by her grandmother that it was Pirn itself that caused her great, great, great grandmother to obsess over the occult and supernatural. The original Woodard believed she had been gifted with the sight to see spirits, both malevolent and benevolent. Refusing to marry because of what she saw, she began the tradition of the Woodard's being a wholly matriarchal family. The Woodard's only grew more peculiar with the second generation, only birthing daughters- daughters that could see the same things that their matriarch first saw.

By the time Venus's grandmother was alive, the Woodard's had been living in Pirn for over a century, and each woman that was born into the eclectic family shared the same experiences of seeing spirits just like the original matriarch of the family. Their longest tradition was to keep the last name Woodard alive. Even if a women from the family was to marry, they would keep the surname as they believed it was this name that gifted the powers to see things. With these powers each Woodard women chose to follow in their matriarch's footsteps of healing and protecting others. It was clear Venus's family carried people who were marked as watchers, but being a family chock full of traditions they referred to this power as their true sight. Venus wasn't sure if each Woodard women was actually blessed with true sight, since her mother didn't notice the things that lurked around Pirn like Venus did-- but Venus was definitely able to see things that others couldn't.

Venus wasn't sure if she was supposed to consider this a blessing like the women in her family before her called it. She saw and attracted horrible things that lurked in shadows, had to deal with ghosts who wandered through the town aimlessly- and she could predict the future randomly. It was more of an annoyance than anything, having been told her whole life that she had a special gift to use for good when all her gift did was bring bad things to her. Venus was just as weird and eclectic as the rest of her family, but it was clear she craved some normalcy behind all the craziness her family had sprung onto her. Working at her mother's crystal shop in downtown, the oddities of Pirn are just an every day occurrence to the marked girl.

blessed/cursed or familial line of watchers?

The Woodard's seem to be a blessed line of watchers. Most of the family believes it to be a blessing- though Venus views it more as an annoyance than a blessing. She wouldn't call it a curse, since it's helped her family do plenty of good in the town of Pirn- like spirit readings for lost loved ones and aura cleanses for those with bad spirits attached to them.

power set

Like mentioned above, Venus uses her powers to perform spirit readings and aura cleanses for a price. She can hear and communicate with spirits and has the gift of foresight. Most would consider this a powerful blessing to have, but flashes of the future comes to Venus at random times in the form of hushed whispers- as if someone was behind her, whispering riddles into her ears. Almost every occurrence of this is helpful, but only if she can decode the riddled whispers. Sometimes it can save others, or benefit her- like the one time she had been told that her "chamber" was going to be "invaded". This was an easier riddle to figure out, Venus realizing that it meant someone was going to break into her apartment, so she bought padlocks and within the next two days her next door neighbor had been robbed.

what makes your watcher powerful enough to stand beside a fully unveiled character?

Venus an extremely resilient person, fearing very little. Growing up being told that there were malevolent creatures that preyed on emotions and that watching tv could open portals to different plains of existent forced her to become very tough. It has helped her that throughout her years her family has always supported her, never once ridiculing her for the shadow monsters that used to scare her as a child- instead instilling in the child that she was powerful and had her powers to protect and help others. Along with her mental fortitude, Venus can tell of the future through the whispered riddles she hears from time to time. Through her life these whispers have protected her, warning of many dangers that she should avoid- to not talk to a certain person, or go to a certain place. Her foresight has kept her safe for a long time.

01. your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?

Was it selfish to ask for a day without a spirit interrupting her day? She knew that most spirits weren't malevolent, wandering around without fully understanding their situation and she felt for them, she truly did, but it took a lot out of Venus to deal with them.

From a young age she had always been empathetic. Her mother always told her that it would both a blessing and a curse, that creatures from other planes of existence would prey on her emotions, that regular aura cleanses would help and that she should carry around charged crystals with her to ward off such things. When she was younger she didn't fully understand her mother- but now it was crystal clear- spirits attached onto empathetic people like leeches.

A spirit stood in the elevator with her. Venus had just came back from grocery shopping, a paper bag full of food rested on her hip. If she had known a spirit was lurking in the elevator of her apartment building- she would've just taken the stairs, but she entered with her head down as she scrolled through her phone. Usually she'd ignore spirits, as they latched onto people who could see them- and stuck like glue if you gave them any form of comfort. But when she looked up from her phone the spirit had quietly moved right in front of her, staring into her eyes. It gave her quite a shock, shivers running up her spine, physically jumping from the sight of the apparition of a pale woman looking at her. Just the small movement gave Venus up to the spirit who snuck up on her.

"Can you see me....?" The woman's voice cracked and wavered as if she was about to cry. "I lost my child- please... I need your help..." With those words, Venus's jaw tightened and she forced herself to continue staring forward as if a woman wasn't in front of her- maybe if she just ignored the woman, she'd go away... Venus looked back down at her phone, trying to calm her nerves after the scare. But of course, spirits were never that easy to deal with.

"You saw me... you reacted...!" The woman began to grow angry with Venus obviously ignoring her. "My child is gone! Listen!" Her voice became loud and she cursed out Venus, who was now prepared, scrolling through her phone as she continued to feign ignorance. Maybe it was selfish of her, but wasn't it selfish of the spirits to bother her to get closure? Why her? The elevator slowed to a stop and the door opened with a ding- it was her floor. Venus stepped out, adjusting the bag of food on her hip as she walked off, hearing the voice of the ghost grow into a whisper as she entered her apartment and slid down the door after closing it. It seemed the spirit was stuck in the elevator.

Venus was going to use the stairs from now on.

//screams

I'm absolutely behind and did not realise this had already opened up. 😱 I hope I'm not too late to still attempt a CS!

Reactions: marcy
Sweet and thanks! Yeah, its all really vague, I didn't even get to touch on how raging could influence the way signs and their distinct properties function, or the exact nature of the higher witches who orchestrated the transformation rituals and how that ties to Pirn. But better to let it simmer and rissafy. ;D

But eh, no big deal if its too much, lol goin' all Berserk is asking a lot. I'm perfectly content playing a guide and cheering everyone on and making fun of the bad guys from the sidelines instead. c:<
ill have the berserkers write up in the hybrid section done sometime tomorrow or sunday! if i havent told ya already, feel free to start on yer full sheet
I did a revision. I hope this is fine. I mostly simply just x'ed out parts and did not make big changes.

The knife thumped rhythmically against the board as it sliced the fresh meat. Blood pooled and splattered, calming Morgan. Sweat dripped down his lean, sun kissed, torso, his golden locks plastered against the side of his face. Startling crystal blue eyes were focused upon the board, a soft smile upon his as drops of blood landed on his skin. He threw the cut meat to the side, where a huge pile of them were already stacked; he worked in a trance, feeding the burning desire inside of him. The butcher shop, located at the heart of Pirn, was the safest way he could indulge his needs. He could not let it happen again. He would not let himself be a danger to Prenn and Sofia.

The childless witch couple welcomed him into their house ten years ago, providing him with the comfort of family. The life he currently had, he owed it to them. When people tend to skip over him at the orphanage, or would cancel his adoption after learning about his background, the witches embraced him in their arms. Without a second thought, they signed the adoption papers, and whisked him away to Pirn. Ten years had passed since then, but to the couple, he was still the 16 years old boy they adopted.

Abilities
Shapeshifting - Takes little to no effort for them. However the drawback of adopting the personality, and worse, bad habits of the person they shapeshift into is not fun. Although they can suppress it after the first week, the habits tend to come out randomly at any given time. (I bended the lore a bit here, I know. Trying my luck. I can revert this to the actual lore if this is not allowed.)
They are vulnerable when they shape shift, and would particularly need 2 posts before they finish shifting into another. They need to isolate themselves at this time, away from the eyes of others, as they are not comfortable in being seen as they shed one skin and into another. While it does not take much, they will feel little pinpricks all over their body as they morph into another person. Though tolerable, they try not to change skin more than once in a month.
Speed , Agility. For four consecutive posts, they can run at a speed that will match that of a shifter, before their speed drastically decline. If other abilities are being used, the number of bouts they can run as fast would be lower.
Minimal control and manipulation over mists: Limited to visual effects. - Curtain ( Obscure the sight of others within 50 meters. Valid for 5 posts, with the mist receding each post by 10 meter. Cannot be used again until the next day or so.
Blinds enemies and friends alike.)
Illusion: The ability to create illusions out of mist - If we are using this with Curtain, it is only valid for 1 post.
If there is natural mist - can be used thrice, each time has a validity of one post, with one post in between.
All Illusions are at most silhouettes.
Due to their frail body, using their abilities until they are drained will leave them to have fever / and will be out of commission for the next 3 days.

Singular Desire:
Blood lust. They craved to spill blood, and revelled in painting themselves with it. An ecstasy. The drug that could keep them sane. Before they met Prenn and Sofia, they were prone to bouts of explosive violence in haze, often leaving others badly injured. The result of their attempts at suppressing the need caused them to always be irate, and reclusive. They were easily triggered by stimulations, and would often opt to be on their own.
Their situation drastically changed upon moving to Pirn with the witches. They became a butcher apprentice at 16, the job keeping their desire manageable. Once in a while, they would take assassination requests, for their abilities were well suited for the profession. They are always afraid that the desire might overcome them, leading them to develop insomnia. They do not like to lose consciousness, for that might allow the desire to overwhelm them.

Regarding Elsewhere:
The awareness that they lived elsewhere was like a muted buzz at the back of their mind. A white noise in the background. And if they were to try to "pierce" through, the thought would elude them. Having lived with it for 21 years, they have learnt to mute the thought, and simply let it be.
feel free to start working on yer full sheet!
I finally finished my skeleton sheet!

A series of unfortunate events would describe Elouan Motagu's life. Even though his early life wasn't perfect, he was surrounded by his loving family in friends. However, his turning and the following years afterward were nothing less than traumatic. His world was turned upside down, and it was difficult for him to adapt.

Elouan has always had a delicate frame, being on the petite side for a boy. Ever since turning into a vampire over a hundred years ago, his aversion to blood has caused him to grow painfully thin. He often wears oversized clothes to hide the protruding bones beneath his skin, or his angular limps. Many know him as the "prince of the moon," a title was given to him for his beautiful ivory skin. Looking at him in the right light, he appears almost translucent, his pale white hair contributing to an ethereal image. Some rumors even say that the sun has never touched his skin.

Elouan is inherently reserved, his voice is soft and gentle when speaking. However, despite the many hardships he has faced, he has continued to be a compassionate and empathetic person. Even though he often battles his own internal emotional turmoil, he always shows the world a bright smile. It makes him happy to make others happy, even if that means sacrificing his own well-being.

How did your character die as a human? What were the circumstances of their rebirth?
Elouan was turned around 205 years ago. While out one night with his friends, he caught the eye of the heir of the La Roque clan. Even though he tried his best to run, he was caught and brought back to him. The heir fed on him, becoming enamored by his taste until he had drunk every last drop.

While he was dying, Elouan was terrified. At first, all he could think about was the pain, the absolute agony he was in as he felt himself being drained of blood and becoming cold. But, as he went into shock, he silently cried. He wasn't ready to die, and he wanted to see his loved ones again.

When he awoke, he found himself in a strange place. An old manor. It was here that he discovered that he had been taken by the heir, with the intention to be kept as a pet for him. Elouan was held at the manor for decades, and when he finally managed to escape, his parents had died and his friends had all forgotten him.

It was then that he decided to flee to Prim, hoping to start a new life.

Every vampire has a dominant physical trait, which is yours?
While Elouan is slightly stronger, and faster than normal humans, most of his abilities lie with his increased senses. In particular, he has an excellent sense of smell, and can easily track down his prey for miles using this ability.

What are your character's strengths and weaknesses, outside of (or in spite of) what's already been written?
Due to his traumatic death and rebirth, Elouan has a strong aversion to feeding. The sight and smell of blood can send him into a full panic, where he will often expunge his stomach contents. Moreso, he hates the idea of hurting someone for food, and will vehemently deny feeding someone.

That said, he is also terrified of going into a thirst rampage. While he fights it off for as long as he can, when he is forced to feed it is a very emotional experience for him, and he will only drink a little amount of ethically sourced blood.

Elouan is quite sensitive to the sun. While he tried to avoid going out during the daytime, when it is absolutely necessary, he will wear a cape with magical abilities to shield him from the sun's rays. He acquired this item after saving a witch from vampires who were hunting them.

Of the mental abilities listed, which is your character more intune with? what are their strengths and weaknesses?
While Elouan is skilled at both abilities, he doesn't often use his power of compulsion. He hates the idea of controlling others against their will.

Elouan is much more used to using his telepathy power. Although he often feels bad about it, considering it an invasion of privacy, he still thinks it is better than using compulsion. In many cases, he will use his power to help others, such as sending them calming emotions when they are visibly stressed.

In total, Elouan is more in tune with the emotions and thoughts, side of the powers. Rather than the memories side of the powers.

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?

It was a crisp autumn night as Elouan walked down the empty street. Although he isn't much of an outdoorsy type of person, the chance to bask in the moonlight and breath in the fresh air was something that often eased his mind. He could simply clear his mind, and walk without any disruptions or judgments. However, this night was different than his usual routine

As Elouan passed a small park, he paused as he heard the sound of soft crying. Perhaps if he was still human, he would have thought the scene was scary. But, the fear of death has long since abandoned him. Instead, he cautiously walked towards the noise, curious about what might be the cause.

When he rounded a group of bushes, he spotted a figure. As he got closer, he saw that it was a child, with blue skin and eyes as black as the moonless night. "Hello there," He called out to the figure, his voice gentle. "Are you alright?" His arm raised to wave at the other thought the movement must have startled the kid, as he quickly hid behind a nearby tree.

"Huh? Who are you?" The child asked nervously, peeking out from behind the tree. The kid was wearing tattered clothing, shivering in the cool night air.

"My name is Elouan." He answered, crouching onto his knees in an attempt to appear less threatening. "What are you doing out here? Where's your parents?" He asked, glancing around and finding no sign of anyone else.

"I don't remember…" The kid answered, his tone sounding scared. "I came with my mom. But I can't find her." He continued as he took a step out from behind the tree.

Even though it was obvious that this boy was no longer alive, Elouan couldn't help but be upset at his words. People can be so cruel{/i] he thought to himself. Though, he quickly flashed a reassuring smile at the boy.

"Are you cold? Here, take my jacket." Elouan offered, taking off his jacket and wrapping it around the shivering boy.

"Are you sure?" The boy asked, glancing up at Elouan as if he had just been given the greatest gift in the world. "Of course," Elouan replied, another soft grin pulling at his lips.

"Will you stay with me for a while? I don't want to be alone." The kid asked, pitch-black eyes staring at Elouan. Elouan nodded, "Sure, as long as you want." He replied, his chest aching where his heart used to beat.

The pair sat on a patch of grass, watching the moon and stars. Although Elouan wasn't sure how much time passed, at some point the boy thanked him before falling asleep. As his eyes closed, his hauntingly blue body began to glow, turning into orbs of light that floated up into the sky to join the stars.
<3 gimme dat full sheet!

Im sorry if im off the mark on anything, if anything is wrong with it please let me know! Im still fairly new to this whole thing!

Skeleton sheet:

Audit - It was always so peacefuly quiet when one lived by the coast. The salt-air and the soft sound of the ocean giving beautiful ambience! There was little to disturb what tender quiet the area provided. The seagulls would oft make their loud calls, but beyond their pitched calls there was little to get in the way of a happy and simple life! If one was to remain ignorant of prim and it's... Complexities that is. One could almost wish for it's quiet life. But that isnt what he had earned. The name he was gifted, is Gideon Yamako. This is who he is, and what he known to be his superiors and overseers.

Gideon's family is one he would have very few memories of and even fewer of them fond or comforting. Once, a long time ago that family was known fondly amongst the elder's and watcher's of prim. A family of shifters that once in it's past was of little use to prim. However through it's efforts, it had become a valued family in the defence of prim and her borders! But now? Grimly, it stands as a shade of itself and near completely wiped from the face of not only prim, but her history.

In the day, Gideon's time is spent in a quaint little restaurant that sells sushi with a beach-side view of the coast. Going day by day of waking in the early minutes of the sun bearly cracking the sky with it's faint tired light. Throughout the day, it is time spent giving customer's his attention by preparing their sushi, seeing to their needs, or for the more... unnatural visitors, the speciality menu is always interesting to have ordered from. A fairly normal life! However, things change when the sun begin's to go down. The restauraunt is closed and he would then return home to await any word from the elder's or watcher's. The night is spent in quiet thought, silent and alone. Every now and then Gideon will have visitor's to watch him in person. Or simply observe him, until finaly he is given one of two possible commands. Either told to march upon the shore, or to rest, yet with an ear, ever alert, ever perked for emergency orders.

It is endlessly tireing. To run a family buissness without a family, and to remain ever alert through-out the night. But such is the duty to the elder's and watcher's. Most night's are met with naught but the quiet, dour tension of something to come, only to be told to rest. However, in all but far too recently, the order's were piling up. They were becoming more demanding. More consistent in their arrival. And through a silent nod, Gideon would leave his home and walk towards the beach. If he were not to rest, then he was to enter the deep water of the coast and search out what the over-seer's demanded he obtain. Or slay.

Once, long ago, Gideon was part of a proud and ancient line, a family who had spent centuries building what they had. But in the span of but a few day's, had undone all of it. An act thst the family had thought to be of a boon to prim, had caused much damage. The ritual was not only thought to have completely failed, but caused damage. Put lives at risk. Thus was there a reckoning, and the family was expunged, all save for one. Now, as he walk's towards the ice-cold water's, he would think to the order's of his charge. The coming of his report would be a simple one. A coming report to make to the watcher's and elders who expect a sign of the waters of Prim returning to their calm state, or the silence of the still waves that would signal the ocean keeping the last of his family's line. To embrace him in the deep dark.

Stepping beyond the water's edge, Gideon would begin to walk into the water's of prim. The more the cold water's wash over his form, the more his body would change. To begin allowing the changes to ihs form. Thought's moving toward's the past. Of how the family once hunted in mighty, fury-ridden pack's, like those of school of piranah. They had all defended prim from below the surface of the water and dragged all who would harm the people above the on the surface, towards the black depth's! But Those day's had long since, ended. With his form flowing and becoming one who the ocean would allow within her depths, he would dissapear into the dark black water's. His duty? To follow in his forefather's footprints. To guard the water's of prim when sent, and to ensure they remain safe. And if he were to refuse, to refuse the generosity of those who had spared him? That is simply to be expunged, to join the rest of blood-line in the blank pages of prim's history. With his obedience, he may find some scraps of pride to place on the blank slate that is now his alone to bear. The task is never an easy one, scars of battle still linger across his form. Proof of his duty and worn without choice as reminder of the previous tasks preformed. He never ask's if he is recognised for them. Never think's he has earnt anything of the over-seers, other than the silent contemplation after each report. However, sometimes he would think, if they even cared. Was he just a tool from an old era, they were waiting for, to finaly break? He didn't know. Swimming further, deeper into the icy embrace of the dark depths does my vigil begin. The ocean always feels like it had missed him, beckoning into deeper water's. To embrace him further. It would take little time for Gideon to vanish into the deep water, only the moon to witness his leaving. Yet if one were to watch closely, to find their eye's on the water's of prim, they may spot a rarity. Of a lone Orca swimming seemingly aimlessly on a path around Prim.

Token Animal: Orca

How do they feel about their token animal? - Once he often enjoyed the form and loved to swim through the oceans! As year's upon year's of duty passed, he now wear's the form as he would his humanoid one. As if changing clothes. He currently has no oppinion over the form in the current day.

Animal blessing: Depth pressure. Gideon's family had preformed an ancient ritual that would gift him his blessing, and now Gideon is now followed by the ocean's pressures. Around gideon is an invisible force that, through his effort to restrain or release, can bring upon level's of deep sea pressure. Due to the ritual that had gifted him his blessing, it alway's remains active. The level's of energy used would be continuous effort in restraining that pressure

HUMAN EFFECT:
The effect of the pressue is based on Gideon's concentration and current state of mind. Through year's of service and undersea fighting, he has learnt to control it well. But can still lose grasp on his hold. The less he can concentrate on his power, the easier it becomes for it to build. Due to this, gideon must live alone. When sleeping, his pressure is far harder to regulate and can very easily rise. When not submerged, the pressure is much easier to contain. The higher Gideon allows the pressure to build, the longer it takes to bring back down.

ANIMAL EFFECT:
While submerged in water, Gideon's blessing would slowly amplify as it feels like the ocean wishes to add it's own pressure to Gideon's. However, this makes pressure regulation far more difficult, and in turn takes far longer to bring back down. Either above or below the surface, the pressure remains. It is up to Gideon to decide it's restraint level. The pressure is similar to that of general depth pressure, but instead of deeper water's, it is using Gideon himself as it's center mass. To approach is to suffer tenser pressure if exposed.

Unlike witches who have an unspoken duty to either create or destroy evil, shifters are not bound by any such ancient oaths. if they fight for good, why do they? -

Gideon serve's prim and her people as his family once had. His family however, is now gone. Gideon serves to redeem and earn what scraps or merit he can through his servitude. To attempt to rebuild a family and it's honor, despite being forbidden in creating more of his line. The mistake of his family had damaged prim and thus was destroyed by the over-seers as they had preformed an illegal ritual and failed. Only through my immature state and ignorance of the events, added by the passing mercy of the one who found me, do i now serve prim. No matter the order, no matter the trial. Gideon would see himself either perish, or earn forgiveness for the sins of his family.

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by? -

He was lost in thought yet again, it had always happend. The cooled air of a sunless sky washed over him, not a cloud to be witnessed as the star's would illuminate and reveal a dark ocean of sparkling lights. Footfalls leaving light crunching of sand as he walked the length of the long empty dark beach. It is a sombre quiet that always allows time for thought and contemplation, when not waiting on a command to enter the depths. Gideon's thought's were never focused, always wandering and catching faint glimpses of what tomorrow or tonight could possibly bring.

As he walked, his thought's would hold pause as his eye's lazily scanned across the coming unwalked beach only to pass over the form of a small girl. Taking a moment to blink off the blank stare once held, Gideon would refocus them onto the lone girl. Who stood facing the dark water's. She was unmoving, her gaze as glazed as his own thoughtless thinking had provided. Despite the sight, his pace never slowed. Gideon would remain at a slow ambling walk, a wandering that now would bring him up behind her. As she was approached, there was no sign of realisation, the light breeze not moving her dark hair or dress. She looked so young, to be in her late teen's at most. Her dress was a simple dulled white that came to her knees. Her hair was messy, lmost frazzled. It was only a few more steps until Gideon was beside her, sharing the view with her as he looked out towards the darkened horizon. It took a few moment's, but then her head would turn slowly, almost lazily towards him. Her head would not incline to look up to him, yet her eye's had panned upwards to meet his. She said nothing, remaining silent, her eye's almost seemingly waiting for something.

Gideon would wait, to give the water a few more moment's of time before she would hear him sigh softly to himself, his head slowly turning to look at her, to meet her gaze. She would take pause for a moment before taking an uncertain step back. It seemed she wasnt used to being seen. She looked nervous, afraid, un-sure. Gideon had often told himself that he was never good with people, yet he was working daily to serve customers. The self-lie wasnt healthy. The moments felt like minutes, the girl still silent as she watched me, her uncertainty still plan upon her face. She may not even attempt to, so gideon would break the ice. "You... Seem lost, little one. Why are you out so late?" His voice soft, yet tired. He had hoped this would get an answer from her, at least a nod, perhaps? Gideon knew she was not of the living. A spectre, a wraith, one of the ul-living. He saw them aplenty, yet none upon the beach. Untill now. She seemed disquieted by the question, several emotions flickered across her face. She seemed to be deciding on if she should, or would answer. Or maybe she was just one who found it difficult to speak? Giving another soft, tired sigh, Gideon would try again. Giving a careful, small smile, he would ask again. "Are you alright?" Her silence still holding strong. After what felt like hours, yet passed in moment's, she had her answer. That answer was a simple one, yet fully understandable. It was to run.

She fled. Dissapearing up the beach at a paniced sprint towards the light of prim. As she would reach the street's, she would flee further in and around a corner. Gideon's gaze lazily following her as she fled. He couldn't, didn't blame her, she looked like she was the one seeing a ghost. Being approached in the night by a stranger would cause most to flee, her flight from the beach and away from him was something he would not hold surprise at. Nor would he attempt to follow her. There were other's in Prim who could see them, he did not wish to be viewed as one who bothered the dead. His gaze returning to the ocean, lightly rubbing the tip of his nose to rid of a small itch, he would spot something. Looking down the length of his nose, Gideon's eye's would come to rest upon the reason she was here. Sat in the dark, the tide gently lapping at them, were two shoes sat in almost careful attention facing the sea. It didn't take Gideon more than a few moment's to guess. She had drowned herself. It was a somber thought, perhaps had he been out earlier, he could have maybe stopped this. Shaking his head, no. There was no use getting his thoughts caught up in her reasoning. The deed was done.

The thought of going home had passed his mind. To move on with the night. She was gone after all, and as she had fled, she did not wish his presence. It was an odd feeling, however. He wanted to go home, but something didnt seem right with just leaving. His thought's would all come together to a single, simple idea. Gideon would chuckle at, it as if presented it by another person. Gideon would kick his own shoes off, giving a soft smile to the ocean. "Come on, now. Give her back." He spoke, almost as if asking a close friend. The girl's body rested in a massive, unmarked grave. It reminded him of his own family, the blank page of history they had been awarded. He may not be able to help her wraith, but there was another act of kindness only he could preform. Thus would Gideon dissapear into the water's. Two pairs of shoe's sat in silence, side by side as they slowly sank into the sands.

It would be a few hour's later that Gideon would approach the local hospital. There was a desk clerk slouched at her desk, phone in hand as she idly browsed whatever medial entertainment she could find interesting. The hospital door would slide open, a light dinging noise to let those nearby that someone had arrived. Looking up from her phone, she would see two individuals. Both soaked. Innitialy she would seem confused at what she saw. Why two people were trailing in a carpet of water. But once her eye's rested upon the girl in the man's arms, she was up on her feet. The nurse would swiftly approach, her view fixated on the small, curled form of an ice-cold girl that rested in Gideon's arms. Grimly, she was long-since dead. He had no where to bring her, but here. The nurse didnt look the girl over for long, calling for doctors loudly and urgently. They arrived swiftly. The more experienced doctors didnt need more than a simple look, being able to tell what had happened between us. They didnt ask many question's, Gideon would give them the girl. This would be the only kindness he could afford her. The hospital would be able to identify her, notify family, friends. And give her a propper burial.

Gideon did not stay, leaving the building as quietly, as quickly, as he had arrived. He knew they would want to ask question's. To ask what had happened and how he was involved. But it was almost past midnight, he was wet and cold. It was almost time to see if he would be going back into Prim's water's for the second time tonight. Slipping away, Gidon would vanish. Time to go home.
after giving it some thought, i think i'll accept the depth pressure as is, while ixnaying the 'human effect' for balance reasoning.

i'd also like to see your lore concept of what gideon and his family has been protecting against for the last few generations. i have some ideas. but i'd like your input!

Im sorry if im off the mark on anything, if anything is wrong with it please let me know! Im still fairly new to this whole thing!

Skeleton sheet:

Audit - It was always so peacefuly quiet when one lived by the coast. The salt-air and the soft sound of the ocean giving beautiful ambience! There was little to disturb what tender quiet the area provided. The seagulls would oft make their loud calls, but beyond their pitched calls there was little to get in the way of a happy and simple life! If one was to remain ignorant of prim and it's... Complexities that is. One could almost wish for it's quiet life. But that isnt what he had earned. The name he was gifted, is Gideon Yamako. This is who he is, and what he known to be his superiors and overseers.

Gideon's family is one he would have very few memories of and even fewer of them fond or comforting. Once, a long time ago that family was known fondly amongst the elder's and watcher's of prim. A family of shifters that once in it's past was of little use to prim. However through it's efforts, it had become a valued family in the defence of prim and her borders! But now? Grimly, it stands as a shade of itself and near completely wiped from the face of not only prim, but her history.

In the day, Gideon's time is spent in a quaint little restaurant that sells sushi with a beach-side view of the coast. Going day by day of waking in the early minutes of the sun bearly cracking the sky with it's faint tired light. Throughout the day, it is time spent giving customer's his attention by preparing their sushi, seeing to their needs, or for the more... unnatural visitors, the speciality menu is always interesting to have ordered from. A fairly normal life! However, things change when the sun begin's to go down. The restauraunt is closed and he would then return home to await any word from the elder's or watcher's. The night is spent in quiet thought, silent and alone. Every now and then Gideon will have visitor's to watch him in person. Or simply observe him, until finaly he is given one of two possible commands. Either told to march upon the shore, or to rest, yet with an ear, ever alert, ever perked for emergency orders.

It is endlessly tireing. To run a family buissness without a family, and to remain ever alert through-out the night. But such is the duty to the elder's and watcher's. Most night's are met with naught but the quiet, dour tension of something to come, only to be told to rest. However, in all but far too recently, the order's were piling up. They were becoming more demanding. More consistent in their arrival. And through a silent nod, Gideon would leave his home and walk towards the beach. If he were not to rest, then he was to enter the deep water of the coast and search out what the over-seer's demanded he obtain. Or slay.

Once, long ago, Gideon was part of a proud and ancient line, a family who had spent centuries building what they had. But in the span of but a few day's, had undone all of it. An act thst the family had thought to be of a boon to prim, had caused much damage. The ritual was not only thought to have completely failed, but caused damage. Put lives at risk. Thus was there a reckoning, and the family was expunged, all save for one. Now, as he walk's towards the ice-cold water's, he would think to the order's of his charge. The coming of his report would be a simple one. A coming report to make to the watcher's and elders who expect a sign of the waters of Prim returning to their calm state, or the silence of the still waves that would signal the ocean keeping the last of his family's line. To embrace him in the deep dark.

Stepping beyond the water's edge, Gideon would begin to walk into the water's of prim. The more the cold water's wash over his form, the more his body would change. To begin allowing the changes to ihs form. Thought's moving toward's the past. Of how the family once hunted in mighty, fury-ridden pack's, like those of school of piranah. They had all defended prim from below the surface of the water and dragged all who would harm the people above the on the surface, towards the black depth's! But Those day's had long since, ended. With his form flowing and becoming one who the ocean would allow within her depths, he would dissapear into the dark black water's. His duty? To follow in his forefather's footprints. To guard the water's of prim when sent, and to ensure they remain safe. And if he were to refuse, to refuse the generosity of those who had spared him? That is simply to be expunged, to join the rest of blood-line in the blank pages of prim's history. With his obedience, he may find some scraps of pride to place on the blank slate that is now his alone to bear. The task is never an easy one, scars of battle still linger across his form. Proof of his duty and worn without choice as reminder of the previous tasks preformed. He never ask's if he is recognised for them. Never think's he has earnt anything of the over-seers, other than the silent contemplation after each report. However, sometimes he would think, if they even cared. Was he just a tool from an old era, they were waiting for, to finaly break? He didn't know. Swimming further, deeper into the icy embrace of the dark depths does my vigil begin. The ocean always feels like it had missed him, beckoning into deeper water's. To embrace him further. It would take little time for Gideon to vanish into the deep water, only the moon to witness his leaving. Yet if one were to watch closely, to find their eye's on the water's of prim, they may spot a rarity. Of a lone Orca swimming seemingly aimlessly on a path around Prim.

Token Animal: Orca

How do they feel about their token animal? - Once he often enjoyed the form and loved to swim through the oceans! As year's upon year's of duty passed, he now wear's the form as he would his humanoid one. As if changing clothes. He currently has no oppinion over the form in the current day.

Animal blessing: Depth pressure. Gideon's family had preformed an ancient ritual that would gift him his blessing, and now Gideon is now followed by the ocean's pressures. Around gideon is an invisible force that, through his effort to restrain or release, can bring upon level's of deep sea pressure. Due to the ritual that had gifted him his blessing, it alway's remains active. The level's of energy used would be continuous effort in restraining that pressure

HUMAN EFFECT:
The effect of the pressue is based on Gideon's concentration and current state of mind. Through year's of service and undersea fighting, he has learnt to control it well. But can still lose grasp on his hold. The less he can concentrate on his power, the easier it becomes for it to build. Due to this, gideon must live alone. When sleeping, his pressure is far harder to regulate and can very easily rise. When not submerged, the pressure is much easier to contain. The higher Gideon allows the pressure to build, the longer it takes to bring back down.

ANIMAL EFFECT:
While submerged in water, Gideon's blessing would slowly amplify as it feels like the ocean wishes to add it's own pressure to Gideon's. However, this makes pressure regulation far more difficult, and in turn takes far longer to bring back down. Either above or below the surface, the pressure remains. It is up to Gideon to decide it's restraint level. The pressure is similar to that of general depth pressure, but instead of deeper water's, it is using Gideon himself as it's center mass. To approach is to suffer tenser pressure if exposed.

Unlike witches who have an unspoken duty to either create or destroy evil, shifters are not bound by any such ancient oaths. if they fight for good, why do they? -

Gideon serve's prim and her people as his family once had. His family however, is now gone. Gideon serves to redeem and earn what scraps or merit he can through his servitude. To attempt to rebuild a family and it's honor, despite being forbidden in creating more of his line. The mistake of his family had damaged prim and thus was destroyed by the over-seers as they had preformed an illegal ritual and failed. Only through my immature state and ignorance of the events, added by the passing mercy of the one who found me, do i now serve prim. No matter the order, no matter the trial. Gideon would see himself either perish, or earn forgiveness for the sins of his family.

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by? -

He was lost in thought yet again, it had always happend. The cooled air of a sunless sky washed over him, not a cloud to be witnessed as the star's would illuminate and reveal a dark ocean of sparkling lights. Footfalls leaving light crunching of sand as he walked the length of the long empty dark beach. It is a sombre quiet that always allows time for thought and contemplation, when not waiting on a command to enter the depths. Gideon's thought's were never focused, always wandering and catching faint glimpses of what tomorrow or tonight could possibly bring.

As he walked, his thought's would hold pause as his eye's lazily scanned across the coming unwalked beach only to pass over the form of a small girl. Taking a moment to blink off the blank stare once held, Gideon would refocus them onto the lone girl. Who stood facing the dark water's. She was unmoving, her gaze as glazed as his own thoughtless thinking had provided. Despite the sight, his pace never slowed. Gideon would remain at a slow ambling walk, a wandering that now would bring him up behind her. As she was approached, there was no sign of realisation, the light breeze not moving her dark hair or dress. She looked so young, to be in her late teen's at most. Her dress was a simple dulled white that came to her knees. Her hair was messy, lmost frazzled. It was only a few more steps until Gideon was beside her, sharing the view with her as he looked out towards the darkened horizon. It took a few moment's, but then her head would turn slowly, almost lazily towards him. Her head would not incline to look up to him, yet her eye's had panned upwards to meet his. She said nothing, remaining silent, her eye's almost seemingly waiting for something.

Gideon would wait, to give the water a few more moment's of time before she would hear him sigh softly to himself, his head slowly turning to look at her, to meet her gaze. She would take pause for a moment before taking an uncertain step back. It seemed she wasnt used to being seen. She looked nervous, afraid, un-sure. Gideon had often told himself that he was never good with people, yet he was working daily to serve customers. The self-lie wasnt healthy. The moments felt like minutes, the girl still silent as she watched me, her uncertainty still plan upon her face. She may not even attempt to, so gideon would break the ice. "You... Seem lost, little one. Why are you out so late?" His voice soft, yet tired. He had hoped this would get an answer from her, at least a nod, perhaps? Gideon knew she was not of the living. A spectre, a wraith, one of the ul-living. He saw them aplenty, yet none upon the beach. Untill now. She seemed disquieted by the question, several emotions flickered across her face. She seemed to be deciding on if she should, or would answer. Or maybe she was just one who found it difficult to speak? Giving another soft, tired sigh, Gideon would try again. Giving a careful, small smile, he would ask again. "Are you alright?" Her silence still holding strong. After what felt like hours, yet passed in moment's, she had her answer. That answer was a simple one, yet fully understandable. It was to run.

She fled. Dissapearing up the beach at a paniced sprint towards the light of prim. As she would reach the street's, she would flee further in and around a corner. Gideon's gaze lazily following her as she fled. He couldn't, didn't blame her, she looked like she was the one seeing a ghost. Being approached in the night by a stranger would cause most to flee, her flight from the beach and away from him was something he would not hold surprise at. Nor would he attempt to follow her. There were other's in Prim who could see them, he did not wish to be viewed as one who bothered the dead. His gaze returning to the ocean, lightly rubbing the tip of his nose to rid of a small itch, he would spot something. Looking down the length of his nose, Gideon's eye's would come to rest upon the reason she was here. Sat in the dark, the tide gently lapping at them, were two shoes sat in almost careful attention facing the sea. It didn't take Gideon more than a few moment's to guess. She had drowned herself. It was a somber thought, perhaps had he been out earlier, he could have maybe stopped this. Shaking his head, no. There was no use getting his thoughts caught up in her reasoning. The deed was done.

The thought of going home had passed his mind. To move on with the night. She was gone after all, and as she had fled, she did not wish his presence. It was an odd feeling, however. He wanted to go home, but something didnt seem right with just leaving. His thought's would all come together to a single, simple idea. Gideon would chuckle at, it as if presented it by another person. Gideon would kick his own shoes off, giving a soft smile to the ocean. "Come on, now. Give her back." He spoke, almost as if asking a close friend. The girl's body rested in a massive, unmarked grave. It reminded him of his own family, the blank page of history they had been awarded. He may not be able to help her wraith, but there was another act of kindness only he could preform. Thus would Gideon dissapear into the water's. Two pairs of shoe's sat in silence, side by side as they slowly sank into the sands.

It would be a few hour's later that Gideon would approach the local hospital. There was a desk clerk slouched at her desk, phone in hand as she idly browsed whatever medial entertainment she could find interesting. The hospital door would slide open, a light dinging noise to let those nearby that someone had arrived. Looking up from her phone, she would see two individuals. Both soaked. Innitialy she would seem confused at what she saw. Why two people were trailing in a carpet of water. But once her eye's rested upon the girl in the man's arms, she was up on her feet. The nurse would swiftly approach, her view fixated on the small, curled form of an ice-cold girl that rested in Gideon's arms. Grimly, she was long-since dead. He had no where to bring her, but here. The nurse didnt look the girl over for long, calling for doctors loudly and urgently. They arrived swiftly. The more experienced doctors didnt need more than a simple look, being able to tell what had happened between us. They didnt ask many question's, Gideon would give them the girl. This would be the only kindness he could afford her. The hospital would be able to identify her, notify family, friends. And give her a propper burial.

Gideon did not stay, leaving the building as quietly, as quickly, as he had arrived. He knew they would want to ask question's. To ask what had happened and how he was involved. But it was almost past midnight, he was wet and cold. It was almost time to see if he would be going back into Prim's water's for the second time tonight. Slipping away, Gidon would vanish. Time to go home.
after giving it some thought, i think i'll accept the depth pressure as is, while ixnaying the 'human effect' for balance reasoning.

i'd also like to see your lore concept of what gideon and his family has been protecting against for the last few generations. i have some ideas. but i'd like your input!
Thats fine with me! I didnt really know how to deal with any of it's balance. So i just kinda had to throw things at the wall and hope something stuck... Sorry if it was a pain.

So what do i do now?

So what do i do now?
i'd like to see your lore concept for what gideon's family has been protecting against before I send ya off to finish rhe full sheet! reasoning: its an important aspect to your character!

So what do i do now?
i'd like to see your lore concept for what gideon's family has been protecting against before I send ya off to finish rhe full sheet! reasoning: its an important aspect to your character!
Gideon's family had existed for a long, long, long time with Prim. Before 2020 with the major upheval of energy, they often simply just patroled the ocean and water's around prim and killed anything that was deemed a threat. When it comes to threats, vampires are scary, yes. But Gideon's family often worked underwater, where vampires would not enjoy being, or fighting. And so vampires wernt high on the threat list. However, Eidolons. Eidolon's could form into something to traverse the water's bordering Prim's coast. Not many families could fight in deep water effectively, so Gideon's family was perfect for it.

In 2020 when the energy spiked, Gideon's family noticed a higher and higher number of Eidolons trying to invade from the sea. They would keep coming and in higher and higher numbers. At first it would be alright, what with the family being large and able to fight back in heavy swarms themselves.

After week's of fighting them back and reclaiming more and more ground, further and further into the dark water. They would find a very thin scarred veil that eidolons were clawing and scrambling through. The family had heard of the veil and the lower planes, but not how to close one. So they would go with the next option closest to maybe working. They would guard it like soldier's and kill anything that came through. Smaller ones were shredded easily, the larger ones were dragged deep into black waters where no light would see the pressures of the water crush them. Ripped apart as the family hunted like a pach of pirannah. Yet they always kept coming.

The eidolons were getting more numerous and the family was only able to do so much. They were tiring. The veil wasnt showing sign's of fading either. Through many days and night's of endless guard duty, keeping half the family above water, swapping out every night to keep the appearance of the family having no issue's was difficult. Eventualy now with only a couple above water at any given time. Sometimes none remained above water, as soon every member was needed for the fight. Ensuring that anything that left that veil anything never saw the water-line of the surface to prim. The family fought like frenzied shark's.

But it still never ended. The veil seemed to keep thinning. More seemed to squeeze through than before. And so through desperation and a lack of time, they turned to trying to get rid of the veil. Had the family been less stressed, less tired and desperate. They would have approached the elder's and watchers above the water's for their advice. But the war beneath the waves was ever escalating and the family had a feeling that whatever was in there was trying just as desperatly to get out. The family began an eld ritual to beg favor and assistance from the upper planes sea divinity. If not to remove the veil then to at least thicken it. The ritual was rushed, for every family member above shore was less manpower below it.

Through Gideon would not know the ritual or it's working's as he was still very young, still fighting with the pack below the water. The family offered up their own blessing's and some even their ability to shift to try gain the attention needed from the sea's divinity to ask for it's aid. A few thing's would happen from this point onwards. The ritual would fail in the eye's of any who would judge it from above the waves. However, in the eye's of the family, it had half-succeeded. We could not get rid of the veil, but we came close.

The veil beneath the water's would seemingly begin to sink further and further into dark water's. Heavy water pressure would begin to build around it's thin frame. Those who climbed and scrambled from the veil would slow, some would emerge dead as the pressure would kill the smaller ones out right, and the pressure would continue to rise around the veil. It would still sink deeper, and deeper. Larger Eidolon's would struggle to move, half emerged from the veil. Paralyzed and easy prey. Some larger one's that made it through in the last wave would begin to sink with the veil, seemingly now unable to swim in the heavy water. Until it would stop. The veil would lay still as the family would finish off the last of those who had crawled out. The family would watch for a long hour, the veil wouldnt so much as quivver, as if frozen. The veil was paralyzed. The family would take the opportunity to rest, Gideon being left behind alone to watch the veil, and alert any if it became active again. It would be a quiet night for Gideon.

The family was exhausted. It was rare to see everybody above the water for once. However it would not be a good night for them. The ritual, in drowning the undersea veil would momentarily thin the above ground ones. Eidolon's coming through in a higher wave than usual. It would be contained and dealt with, but the elders and watchers would find out that a ritual had been cast and it's only effect they could see was weakening the veils above ground. How could it not be treason and treachery?

Over then span of a single night, the family was assailed, and to the watcher's and elders surprise, easily dealt with. The family was still exhausted and now weakened from the ritual further. It took the family just over a millenia to become a great family. and was now all dead and gone within an hour. The records of the family torn from prim's page's as a treasonous family. Gideon would remain in the water's, an odd blessing upon him as he sat in the pressurised water's. He could tell that the sun was coming up. He rose with it. Gideon would emerge from the water to find his family gone, and he was instantly arrested on sight and brought to the watchers and elders. It would be through ignorance of the family's ritual and young age that would have Gideon spared. The question's of why his family would do what it did would gain no answer from one who was not aware of the event at all. And the event of the underwater battle would not pass his lip's for fear of further risk of death. And so he would be charged with guarding the water's his whole family once watched over, alone. Forbidden from reproducing, leaving prim and under constant survailance above ground, incase of more treachery. Gideon would serve, not knowing why his family had been cast down and now mired with treason. The ritial was not of his understanding, nor was he aware of it's reprecussion's. After all, gideon knew his family was in a war, and had won. The veil they fought against was silent now.

The veil may have been drowned to the point of inactivity, but now on rare to common occurance, a rouge eidolon would be found aimlessly swimming through Prim's waters. Some trying to get ashore, as was natural to most of them. But some now trying to swim deeper, to get past the yawning pressure that would greet and crush them. They would look for the drowned veil. Gideon was sure that, even if nothing could escape their side, something could open it from his side. So now, under the pretense of guarding Prim as his family once did, making sure the peace is kept. Gideon would continue to stand guard before the drowned veil. It's existence known only to himself as he intend's to keep it that way. Last he need's is someone far too curious trying to prod at it. His family died to shut it. He would ensure that it stayed that way.

Sorry if it isnt too detailed. I could go into more, but i just wanted to get this idea i had for it across.

• Creative
Reactions: marcy
i'm absolutely obsessed with this world you've created! had an idea for a character that would hopefully suit the town of pirn nicely, so here she is;

Pirn was the perfect town to host Venus Woodard's long family line of wacky spiritual healers. The Woodard's have always been well known in Pirn as the crazy family who believed crystals could heal, tarot cards told nothing but the truth and practiced holistic healing like religion. How they ended up becoming so passionate over the spiritual world and all of it's wonders? well- Venus was told by her grandmother that it was Pirn itself that caused her great, great, great grandmother to obsess over the occult and supernatural. The original Woodard believed she had been gifted with the sight to see spirits, both malevolent and benevolent. Refusing to marry because of what she saw, she began the tradition of the Woodard's being a wholly matriarchal family. The Woodard's only grew more peculiar with the second generation, only birthing daughters- daughters that could see the same things that their matriarch first saw.

By the time Venus's grandmother was alive, the Woodard's had been living in Pirn for over a century, and each woman that was born into the eclectic family shared the same experiences of seeing spirits just like the original matriarch of the family. Their longest tradition was to keep the last name Woodard alive. Even if a women from the family was to marry, they would keep the surname as they believed it was this name that gifted the powers to see things. With these powers each Woodard women chose to follow in their matriarch's footsteps of healing and protecting others. It was clear Venus's family carried people who were marked as watchers, but being a family chock full of traditions they referred to this power as their true sight. Venus wasn't sure if each Woodard women was actually blessed with true sight, since her mother didn't notice the things that lurked around Pirn like Venus did-- but Venus was definitely able to see things that others couldn't.

Venus wasn't sure if she was supposed to consider this a blessing like the women in her family before her called it. She saw and attracted horrible things that lurked in shadows, had to deal with ghosts who wandered through the town aimlessly- and she could predict the future randomly. It was more of an annoyance than anything, having been told her whole life that she had a special gift to use for good when all her gift did was bring bad things to her. Venus was just as weird and eclectic as the rest of her family, but it was clear she craved some normalcy behind all the craziness her family had sprung onto her. Working at her mother's crystal shop in downtown, the oddities of Pirn are just an every day occurrence to the marked girl.

The Woodard's seem to be a blessed line of watchers. Most of the family believes it to be a blessing- though Venus views it more as an annoyance than a blessing. She wouldn't call it a curse, since it's helped her family do plenty of good in the town of Pirn- like spirit readings for lost loved ones and aura cleanses for those with bad spirits attached to them.

power set

Like mentioned above, Venus uses her powers to perform spirit readings and aura cleanses for a price. She can hear and communicate with spirits and has the gift of foresight. Most would consider this a powerful blessing to have, but flashes of the future comes to Venus at random times in the form of hushed whispers- as if someone was behind her, whispering riddles into her ears. Almost every occurrence of this is helpful, but only if she can decode the riddled whispers. Sometimes it can save others, or benefit her- like the one time she had been told that her "chamber" was going to be "invaded". This was an easier riddle to figure out, Venus realizing that it meant someone was going to break into her apartment, so she bought padlocks and within the next two days her next door neighbor had been robbed.

what makes your watcher powerful enough to stand beside a fully unveiled character?

Venus an extremely resilient person, fearing very little. Growing up being told that there were malevolent creatures that preyed on emotions and that watching tv could open portals to different plains of existent forced her to become very tough. It has helped her that throughout her years her family has always supported her, never once ridiculing her for the shadow monsters that used to scare her as a child- instead instilling in the child that she was powerful and had her powers to protect and help others. Along with her mental fortitude, Venus can tell of the future through the whispered riddles she hears from time to time. Through her life these whispers have protected her, warning of many dangers that she should avoid- to not talk to a certain person, or go to a certain place. Her foresight has kept her safe for a long time.
undefined

should i send you a full sheet, or do you need any confirmations on the character? unsure whether or not to get started on it just from the reaction and wanted to double check :'D @rissa

Sooo many awesome character concepts, @tilucki had theirs slip through the cracks. Lool

No worries, I'm sure our Unveiled Overlord is simply busy letting your skelly sheet rissafy. ;) I especially dig Venus btw, I was considering something similar with future foresight, inspired by the Kwisatz Haderach from Dune. A watcher who can use the Voice and twist their fate with witchcraft. So I'm really hype to see you've got a similar thing going.

• Haha
Reactions: tilucki
ty @Marceline! venus was heavily, heavily inspired by my friend irl who is into all sorts of occult-ish, supernatural stuff that most people would consider crazy LOL. i used to think she was crazy as well until i listened to her explain her reasonings behind all of her beliefs. she's helped me through a lot of tough times!

but yes! venus's family has some similarities to the bene gesserit from dune- i wasn't pulling inspiration from there, but once you mentioned dune i realized the amount of comparisons that could be made LOL.

i love quirky, powerful women. venus is definitely that. :D

power set

undefined

should i send you a full sheet, or do you need any confirmations on the character? unsure whether or not to get started on it just from the reaction and wanted to double check :'D @rissa

😭 gimme dat full sheet

• Thank You
  • Haha
Reactions: marcy and tilucki
@rissa I posted my "full sheet" I think a page back, and maybe it was missed? I think the only thing I haven't fully filled in there was the Lore bit, if you could gimme a rundown of what I should put in there, I'd be happy to wrap that up.

I also sent you a DM with other info in it, if there's anything that needs changing or more detail, please let me know, I'd be happy to make whatever changes are necessary to complete my character.

• Thank You
Reactions: rissa
@rissa I posted my "full sheet" I think a page back, and maybe it was missed? I think the only thing I haven't fully filled in there was the Lore bit, if you could gimme a rundown of what I should put in there, I'd be happy to wrap that up.

I also sent you a DM with other info in it, if there's anything that needs changing or more detail, please let me know, I'd be happy to make whatever changes are necessary to complete my character.

aiiiiiiiiiiiie, i knew i was forgetting someone else </3

for the 'lore' it was actually referencing your occupation. 'occupation and any relating lore' as in if you wanna build a bar you're free to do so, just gimme da deets so i can eventually add it to the lore page!

// its been awhile since i been on the site i forgot how pms work if theres no notifs i forget it exists im sorry LMAO

im chauffeuring my dad around for the next hour or so to get him outta the house and fresh air, but ill be around this evening to catch up and send out replies! if you need anything, lemme know here or in dms and i'll get back to ya soon :3