The Undying Hunt - Creation Station & Sign Ups

11/25/22 // a small announcement:

outside of those i've spoken to and given extensions, i'm going to hesitantly classify the undying hunt as "closed" since the opening post is up and brainstorming/plotting is underway! i'm going to prefix the roleplay with by invitation only, however, with the caveat that anyone can join in on the narrative with us-- but our 'marked' ones are currently full! if you'd like to join in, post a skelly sheet here, and we'll storm to see where we can fit ya in.

@TheSly Damn, you made me sad for Sunny (and her owner!), also, wtf, what a fucking (girl?)friend would even do something so goddamn monstrous.

Reactions: rissa
@TheSly Damn, you made me sad for Sunny (and her owner!), also, wtf, what a fucking (girl?)friend would even do something so goddamn monstrous.
Hah, I thank you for the compliment. As a fun fact: Initially, the woman mentioned was supposed to a grade-a a*hole of a mother. Sunny was brought in by the son as a stray, and the mum did not approve, after one too many shouting matches she left the dog in that forest. I wrote a way too long full story and only then realised that we were asked to subit only around threehundred words so I had to cut down.
I finally got around to filling out the Prompts for my character as well. It took much longer than expected, and I completely blew the 300 word mark out of the water. I tried condensing and cutting things as best as I could, but now I've ended at around 800 and I figure I should probably submit everything, before I end up waiting two weeks or something.

• In a time long, long past, in Glyn Cuch, a young king called Pwyll met the king of the Otherworld called Annwn, Arawn and became fast friends with him. From this friendship, Pwyll gained a blessing he was made Head of the Otherworld, earnt the title Pwyll Pen Annwn and his family would become a long standing line of dutiful Watchers. Seren Rhiannon o Annwn belongs to this long line of Watchers. Originally, she was born in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Her family immediately introduced her to the Unveiled world, knowing well that she would inevitably be part of it. However, Seren often took issue with the overly strict and tradition driven ideals her family lived by and, at the first chance she got, left the country to the USA, eventually landing in Pirn as she had felt drawn to it for some inexplicable reason. There she has lived for about four years now as the ever reliable forest ranger and occasional handywoman.

Seren is a short, but stoutly built woman with pale skin and chestnut brown, shoulder-length hair that is typically kept in a tight bun at the back of her head, her eyes share the same chestnut brown colouration as her hair. She is very obviously a rebellious kind of person and looks the part as well. Her appearance can best be summarised as never having grown out of the "It's not a phase, Mom!"-Phase, typically dressed in black, wearing leather jackets or vests, bracelets and chokers, sometimes spiked, and t-shirts featuring rock and metal indie bands nobody else has ever heard of make up the brunt of her usual wardrobe. She has a tattoo covering her entire right forearm that depicts a scene from Welsh folklore, Arawn and Malt y Nos rushing over a field in a Wild Hunt. On each ear she wears three ear rings, and she has two lip piercings on the lower right side of her lip.
    • Seren comes from a long line of Watchers, spanning countless generations that traces its roots back to the Welsh mythical hero Pwyll, who had befriended the fairy king of the Welsh Otherworld Arawn. It was Arawn who blessed Pwyll's family line to become Watchers, and the blessing continues on to this very day. Traditionally, the "o Annwn" family is spread all over Wales, watching and standing guard through its fields. Seren, having left her ancestral home, is an outlier and only one of few of her family who have ever left.
    • Empathy for Nature
      A power lovingly referred to by her family as "Calon y Goedwig", Welsh for "Heart of the Forest". It allows her and any who belong to her family to essentially converse with wildlife. She cannot actually speak the language of animals or plants, but there is some natural empathic link between her, and plants and animals that allows them to convey messages to one another. Some part of this ability also seems to make animals much more friendly toward Seren than they would likely normally be. This empathic link isn't created by an active or conscious effort by Seren, it simply exists and keeps her in constant communication with nature.

The arguably most powerful ability granted by this empathic link is that Seren, and the rest of her family, are also to some slight degree connected to the natural powers, for lack of a better term, the will of the world itself. To an outside observer, the effects of this ability are that Seren is extraordinarily lucky, that she is in the right place at the right time at all times. In reality, she is listening and acting on the impulses she gets from this ability. Normally, this connection would manifest as nothing more than background noise in the back of her head, however Seren can actively focus on it, give in to the influence and by doing so she could very easily do things that normally need a lot of focus with closed eyes. Seren's control over this ability is also still lacking, meaning that it can often fail her, especially if something is preventing her from really focusing on it.

Seren often feels exhausted and agitated when she spends prolonged time in environments where nature isn't as plentiful such as the centre of cities and can be quite irritable when kept away from the wild for a while. Her natural empathic link to nature can also backfire severely, since it is a passive ability that she has no control over she can easily be overwhelmed if something were to, for example, cause nature to be in distress. And though she essentially has the will of the world telling her what to do, she still has to react to it accordingly and because she is physically only human, that means that this is sometimes simply impossible to do. For example, just because she can know exactly where to be and what to do to evade a bullet, does not mean that she can actually do it.

Seren's goal regarding her power is to gain more control over it. Some of her ancestors were supposedly able to draw on the power of nature itself to give them superhuman capabilities, which allowed her ancient ancestor Pwyll to overpower the fairy lord Hafgan, the rival of Arawn. Another powerful capability some of the elders in her family possess is an ability that is essentially borderline mind reading. The natural empathic link between them and nature allows them to even ascertain the basic emotions and most immediate shallow thoughts of other humans and, with some focus, Unveiled. Thes abilities yet escape Seren and she trains to somehow gain access to them.
    • Seren's ability to naturally communicate with the wildlife can allow her to make friends with local animals and use them to her benefit. Dangerous animals could be used for protection, whilst smaller, faster, or flying critters can be employed for things such as reconnaissance or delivering messages. Thanks to how versatile animals can be, Seren herself is also incredibly versatile in the application of her ability.

In combat, Seren is certainly no slouch, even if she is strictly speaking only human. Though she is not as physically strong as Shifters, Vampires or Hybrids, she is really difficult to hit, since the world around her is essentially telling her what to do at any given moment. Though it isn't impossible to do, and a much faster and stronger opponent would likely be able to overwhelm her, she should be able to hold her own against most creatures at least for a short while.

Beyond this, Seren is a trained forest ranger, meaning she is well versed in the use of firearms and is a very capable tracker. Combined with her connection to nature she has basically encyclopaedic knowledge about flora and fauna, and is second to none as a tracker, not only being able to rely on her own skills, but also having nature actively help in tracking down whomever she may be hunting. Beyond that, she has also been trained in sword fighting and riding, as per her family's tradition. She does also own several swords that she can use, but doesn't necessarily carry them with her at all times.
  • Encounter with a lost Spirit
    Seren had been following a group of strangely upset mice for the better part of an hour by now, slowly making her way through the forests surrounding Pirn. One mouse had found its way up Seren's leg and onto her shoulder, from where it was doing its best to point her in the right direction, while its friends stayed on the ground, walking ahead of it and Seren. The three critters in front of Seren were clearly disturbed by something and in a little bit of panic, Seren didn't quite know what they wanted of her, but she did know that they needed help with something, that much they had managed to make clear to her.

It was only another ten minutes or so when they finally came into a small clearing with a small creek flowing almost directly through the centre, loose stones and logs were in various states of being overgrown by moss, and the late afternoon sun pierced through the canopies in thick, bright strands of light into the clearing, if it was any more picturesque, Seren would have believed that it came right from a drawing in a fairy tale book. The only thing that betrayed this wonderful image was what looked like a lost puppy, a white-brown border collie, with its size it was probably seven to nine months old, as far as Seren could see.

Slowly, Seren approached it, trying to get as close as possible without scaring it away, if she gave it a start now, it could bolt off into the forest and might be gone for good. Though, as she approached, the real source of the problem came into view. In a small depression in the ground, no two meters away from the puppy, tied to a heavy log, lay a perfect copy of the dog she saw when she entered the clearing. Not moving, not anymore.

Seren let out a heavy sigh, her eyes focusing back onto what she now believed to be a spirit, a ghost. Her grandmother had told her, many times, how she would sometimes be led to or run into lost spirits and helped them move on. It would seem that this would now be her first.

"Hey!" She called out, in the most friendly and melodic tone she could muster at the moment. Immediately the puppy spun around, excited, though it died down when it saw Seren proper. She focused on the puppy alone, to try and communicate with it.

"My name is Seren, what's yours?"

"Sunny", Seren got back a single word, and with it came feelings of pride, happiness, and excitement.

"What happened, Sunny? Why are you out here all alone?" Seren asked back. She desperately hoped that there was a good reason that someone would leave a puppy out in the forest to die.

"Well, my friend he got in an argument with his friend and they were both shouting at each other. Sometimes when they do, he likes to go out with me afterwards!" Sunny proclaimed proudly, "but this time, I think, she wanted to go out with me. So she put me in the back of their car. I thought we were going to the park! But, we got out here, I like the forest though and we walked a while until we got here. That was weird, usually my friend, he likes to talk to me when he and his friend argue, but she was really quiet. She brought me here, tied me to that fallen tree and told me to stay. So now I wait here for my friend."

"I see..." In the meantime, Seren had moved to the body lying in the depression, there was a tag, like she hoped and luckily, there was an address on it as well, "Okay, Sunny, listen, I'm going to go get your friend. You just hang tight here, yeah?"

Seren then bolted off, back to her car she had parked at the edge of the forest, and to the address. When she got there, a young boy, not older than twenty, opened the door. Seren made sure the boy knew who Sunny was, and quickly after she had him in the passenger's seat of her car, driving back out to the forest. She led him back to the clearing, where, just as instructed, Sunny was still waiting. Her entire body lit up with energy and happiness when she saw Seren, with her friend in two, and the spirit rushed over to the both of them.

Seren's throat clogged at the scene in front of her. Sunny being filled with confusion and disappointment as her friend ran straight past her, and him falling into hysteric sadness at seeing Sunny's body tied to a log.

"I'm sorry..." Seren managed to press out, speaking to Sunny, "I don't think that you can be around for him anymore. But you meant a lot to him, see?"

i love <3

hit me wit dat full sheet!!

Sir, yessir, o7. I will get onto that as soon as I have some more free time. Should hopefully not take too long.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hopefully I'm not too far off the mark for this world, I read everything I could but tried not to make too many assumptions. If things are too vague, or just don't fit, let me know and we can work something out. Wanted to submit something quick before the sign-ups closed. Hope it's to your liking.

Skeleton Sheet

Audit:

There are some people in this world who are simply cursed from the day they're born. Louis Hayes is just one of them. He made the mistake of being born to a family who, long, long ago made a deal with... honestly, he doesn't even know, his family had long forgotten it before he was even a thought in his father's head, but it's safe to say, whatever it was was not to be trifled with. Even more unfortunately, his great great great great great something or other thought they could get one over on a being that lives on a plane of existence we can't conceive of. Stupid, right? Well, that's just how things are sometimes in this world. His ancestor pissed the thing off so much, it didn't just curse or kill them, it cursed every single member of the family from then on. "Marked" is an appropriate word, though perhaps not used in the same sense of the nine for this story. Louis, and every member of his family before him have a way of attracting non-human things, whether their intentions be good or bad. He calls it the "stink". He simply can't hide from the supernatural for long.

Thankfully, that's where Pirn comes in. Louis has discovered the same kinds of protections that are offered to the unveiled have assisted him in living a more normal life, and considering the life he lead before, living in Pirn is an easy price to pay. For one forced to be a watcher due to his circumstances, all Louis wants is a normal life, and in Pirn he has at least some semblance of that. He rents an apartment (and has for the past 5 years) works at a warehouse, and mostly doesn't have to worry about otherworldly entities tracking him down. As long as he keeps his head down, things are better than they were elsewhere, constantly running from and fighting new threats.

As for Louis himself, he's 26 and lives alone, mostly due to that tricky curse being so effective that he has no living family left. He's a tall, thin man with shoulder-length black hair with white strands here and there that he'll swear to you he didn't highlight, and heterochromatic blue and brown eyes. Aside from the piercings and bars in his ears, his fashion mostly consists of old or confusing band shirts that are too large, worn jeans, and whatever else he finds comfortable. He doesn't put all that much effort into looking stylish, and is very down to earth. The man doesn't aspire for much more than a peaceful life, and enjoys the little things in life like quiet moments spent reading or enjoying a view, good meals, and having a stable roof over his head. He tries hard not to step on the toes of those around him, and helps wherever he can. The one thing he dislikes most is getting involved in supernatural shenanigans. Despite his otherwise kind nature, he's often distrustful of non-humans, and would prefer to not get involved with them wherever possible.

Racial Questions:

Blessed/Cursed line of Watchers?

Cursed, without question. Surely the Hayes had a different name long long ago, and maybe it would be possible to find out what supernatural being his family tried to screw over and figure out a way out of the curse, but if this many generations have tried and utterly failed, he'd rather hide in Pirn. He knows only two things about this curse, one, that he and his family are doomed to be caught by all sorts of supernatural beings, and two, they're doomed never to rest in peace... neither of those things thrill Louis.

Powerset?

One foot in the grave, and a chain of souls

Louis is very attuned to seeing the truth, whether he likes it or not. Louis was the lucky one of two twins, or, at least that was the explanation his parents gave him for why there's a second soul bound to him. Supposedly, the spirit is his brother and it's fraternal traits manifested in him somewhat, with the heterochromia and odd highlights of white hair here and there. Obviously, as the spirit was never even born, it doesn't really have any consciousness to speak of, and is effectively the same person as Louis. Still, He believes this spirit is what grants him the sight that others don't have. Even in a place like Pirn, Louis can easily discern the supernatural from the normal as clear as day. Things that normal humans can't see, he has to try to ignore if he wishes to live normally. His senses are stronger when it comes to the undead or departed, but he can still discern other unveiled at a glance, typically. This also extends to a weak "sixth sense" which can let him know if there are such beings nearby, but isn't foolproof.

One "blessing" to the curse given to his family is that since they were doomed to never rest in peace, the family is still all connected somehow, even long after their deaths. Partly because of the curse, but also partly because of strong magic casted ages ago, probably shortly after his family was cursed. Whether they got help from another supernatural entity, or were simply that strong during that age is a matter of contention, but the fact still remains that they were bound together, even after death. They don't just follow Louis around like a legion of lost souls, instead being bound to the family sword. The one surviving artifact from the miserable history of his lineage. However, since Louis doesn't really know any magic, especially not of the soul-working variety, he can't use it to it's full ability like his ancestors might have been able to. If he were able, the things he could do with a legion of willing spirits on his side would be frightening, but for now, all has is something that looks like a prop from a Lord of The Rings movie, and is a pretty effective weapon against the supernatural.

What makes your character powerful enough to stand beside a fully unveiled character?

For all intents and purposes, Louis would be an ordinary human, certainly not as strong or fast as some unveiled, and incapable of casting magics against them, but you don't survive this long being hunted by the supernatural without being able to hold your own. Despite having lived mostly in peace in Pirn the past five years, his senses and reflexes are still sharp. His whole life pre-Pirn was an exercise in survival, moving from place to place, fighting off supernatural beings that wished him or his family harm, or running when he could not. Nobody is perfect, and he has a set of dead parents and plenty of scars to show for his experiences, but yet he still lives despite it all.

In combat, Louis prefers to use the Family Sword, as it is an all-purpose remedy to things supernatural. It may be an unorthodox weapon in an age of guns, but it has served him well so far, and he is surprisingly deft with it despite appearances. When the sword fails, he is well-studied enough to know what other methods are effective against his adversaries, and if that fails, well, he can pull out his trump card. A secret technique handed down the Hayes family line for generations, and has mostly worked out okay for him... That technique is called "Running for your life".

Prompts:

Your character encounters a spirit looking lost and angry; how does your character react?

Another day another ghost. Louis sees this sort of thing all the time, but has apparently done a poor job of pretending not to stare at the obviously departed spirit, and has drawn it's attention. From the moment their eyes meet, Louis knows that this whole thing is going to be a hassle. The old man makes his way over to Louis as he sits at the diner, trying to eat in peace. The spirit takes a seat across from him in the booth as he sips his shake, and Louis sighs heavily, closing his eyes. Perhaps if he says nothing, the damn thing will float off and bother someone else. But the fact that it's staring at him rather intently as he finishes his drink tells him that will not be the case.

"So how long are ya gonna pretend I'm not here, boy? Don't play dumb.", the ghost finally says.

Louis's brow twitches in irritation, and he finally gives in. "Ugh, you see a guy just sitting here, minding his own business, enjoying a nice peanut butter shake, and you decide to come bother him? Rude. Well, fine. Spit it out, I can see you but that doesn't make me psychic, what is it that you want, huh?", he asks, huffing as he uses the straw to mix up the bits at the bottom of the shake so that he can get every bit of his money's worth of the dessert.

"They got my order messed up. I want my money back."

The straw stops swirling the whipped cream, ice cream, and chocolate sauce together, and he stares at the ghost with the most "are you joking me?" face he can muster. "You're serious?!", he almost blurted those words aloud to the whole diner, before laughing. "That... That's got to be the dumbest reason I've ever heard for staying on this side, you know. And what am I supposed to do when I get that money, huh? You're dead, it's not like you're going to be able to use it.", he reasoned.

"Don't you understand? It's the principal of the matter!", the old man spat, looking outraged that Louis found it funny that THIS was his unresolved conflict. "I don't care what you do with the money, you can keep it, but I want to stick it to this place for killing me.", he grumbled.

The pieces were coming together, he was so angry over this he probably had a heart attack that he didn't recover from. From the looks of him, his clothes were modern... that ugly red hat was definitely less than a couple years old... in a town like this he probably wouldn't wander around long before being found by someone like Louis, so chances were that he was just unlucky enough to have been the first watcher to encounter him since his untimely demise. This was a diner that got decent business too, so he couldn't have died more than a couple days ago...

"Okay, fine. How long have you been here? Who are you? If you tell me you threw away the receipt, we're done here.", Louis tells the old man, before taking the last sip of his shake.

"No, no, I always keep the receipts in my wallet. I think I've been here a day... my name's John Shoemaker. So, you'll help?", the ghost asked.

Louis sighed. "I guess that's a start. I'm feeling generous today, so that meal better have been like, twenty dollars at least, okay? If you died over a screwed up shake and nothing else or something stupid like that, I'm gonna be pissed.", the watcher warned before getting up and paying his bill. And that, ladies and gentleman, is how he spent the night breaking into the hospital morgue to recover a receipt for 13.22 over a burger that had onions on it when it was requested they not be added. Louis was not pleased.

• Love
Im sorry if im off the mark on anything, if anything is wrong with it please let me know! Im still fairly new to this whole thing!

Skeleton sheet:

Audit - It was always so peacefuly quiet when one lived by the coast. The salt-air and the soft sound of the ocean giving beautiful ambience! There was little to disturb what tender quiet the area provided. The seagulls would oft make their loud calls, but beyond their pitched calls there was little to get in the way of a happy and simple life! If one was to remain ignorant of prim and it's... Complexities that is. One could almost wish for it's quiet life. But that isnt what he had earned. The name he was gifted, is Gideon Yamako. This is who he is, and what he known to be his superiors and overseers.

Gideon's family is one he would have very few memories of and even fewer of them fond or comforting. Once, a long time ago that family was known fondly amongst the elder's and watcher's of prim. A family of shifters that once in it's past was of little use to prim. However through it's efforts, it had become a valued family in the defence of prim and her borders! But now? Grimly, it stands as a shade of itself and near completely wiped from the face of not only prim, but her history.

In the day, Gideon's time is spent in a quaint little restaurant that sells sushi with a beach-side view of the coast. Going day by day of waking in the early minutes of the sun bearly cracking the sky with it's faint tired light. Throughout the day, it is time spent giving customer's his attention by preparing their sushi, seeing to their needs, or for the more... unnatural visitors, the speciality menu is always interesting to have ordered from. A fairly normal life! However, things change when the sun begin's to go down. The restauraunt is closed and he would then return home to await any word from the elder's or watcher's. The night is spent in quiet thought, silent and alone. Every now and then Gideon will have visitor's to watch him in person. Or simply observe him, until finaly he is given one of two possible commands. Either told to march upon the shore, or to rest, yet with an ear, ever alert, ever perked for emergency orders.

It is endlessly tireing. To run a family buissness without a family, and to remain ever alert through-out the night. But such is the duty to the elder's and watcher's. Most night's are met with naught but the quiet, dour tension of something to come, only to be told to rest. However, in all but far too recently, the order's were piling up. They were becoming more demanding. More consistent in their arrival. And through a silent nod, Gideon would leave his home and walk towards the beach. If he were not to rest, then he was to enter the deep water of the coast and search out what the over-seer's demanded he obtain. Or slay.

Once, long ago, Gideon was part of a proud and ancient line, a family who had spent centuries building what they had. But in the span of but a few day's, had undone all of it. An act thst the family had thought to be of a boon to prim, had caused much damage. The ritual was not only thought to have completely failed, but caused damage. Put lives at risk. Thus was there a reckoning, and the family was expunged, all save for one. Now, as he walk's towards the ice-cold water's, he would think to the order's of his charge. The coming of his report would be a simple one. A coming report to make to the watcher's and elders who expect a sign of the waters of Prim returning to their calm state, or the silence of the still waves that would signal the ocean keeping the last of his family's line. To embrace him in the deep dark.

Stepping beyond the water's edge, Gideon would begin to walk into the water's of prim. The more the cold water's wash over his form, the more his body would change. To begin allowing the changes to ihs form. Thought's moving toward's the past. Of how the family once hunted in mighty, fury-ridden pack's, like those of school of piranah. They had all defended prim from below the surface of the water and dragged all who would harm the people above the on the surface, towards the black depth's! But Those day's had long since, ended. With his form flowing and becoming one who the ocean would allow within her depths, he would dissapear into the dark black water's. His duty? To follow in his forefather's footprints. To guard the water's of prim when sent, and to ensure they remain safe. And if he were to refuse, to refuse the generosity of those who had spared him? That is simply to be expunged, to join the rest of blood-line in the blank pages of prim's history. With his obedience, he may find some scraps of pride to place on the blank slate that is now his alone to bear. The task is never an easy one, scars of battle still linger across his form. Proof of his duty and worn without choice as reminder of the previous tasks preformed. He never ask's if he is recognised for them. Never think's he has earnt anything of the over-seers, other than the silent contemplation after each report. However, sometimes he would think, if they even cared. Was he just a tool from an old era, they were waiting for, to finaly break? He didn't know. Swimming further, deeper into the icy embrace of the dark depths does my vigil begin. The ocean always feels like it had missed him, beckoning into deeper water's. To embrace him further. It would take little time for Gideon to vanish into the deep water, only the moon to witness his leaving. Yet if one were to watch closely, to find their eye's on the water's of prim, they may spot a rarity. Of a lone Orca swimming seemingly aimlessly on a path around Prim.

Token Animal: Orca

How do they feel about their token animal? - Once he often enjoyed the form and loved to swim through the oceans! As year's upon year's of duty passed, he now wear's the form as he would his humanoid one. As if changing clothes. He currently has no oppinion over the form in the current day.

Animal blessing: Depth pressure. Gideon's family had preformed an ancient ritual that would gift him his blessing, and now Gideon is now followed by the ocean's pressures. Around gideon is an invisible force that, through his effort to restrain or release, can bring upon level's of deep sea pressure. Due to the ritual that had gifted him his blessing, it alway's remains active. The level's of energy used would be continuous effort in restraining that pressure

HUMAN EFFECT:
The effect of the pressue is based on Gideon's concentration and current state of mind. Through year's of service and undersea fighting, he has learnt to control it well. But can still lose grasp on his hold. The less he can concentrate on his power, the easier it becomes for it to build. Due to this, gideon must live alone. When sleeping, his pressure is far harder to regulate and can very easily rise. When not submerged, the pressure is much easier to contain. The higher Gideon allows the pressure to build, the longer it takes to bring back down.

ANIMAL EFFECT:
While submerged in water, Gideon's blessing would slowly amplify as it feels like the ocean wishes to add it's own pressure to Gideon's. However, this makes pressure regulation far more difficult, and in turn takes far longer to bring back down. Either above or below the surface, the pressure remains. It is up to Gideon to decide it's restraint level. The pressure is similar to that of general depth pressure, but instead of deeper water's, it is using Gideon himself as it's center mass. To approach is to suffer tenser pressure if exposed.

Unlike witches who have an unspoken duty to either create or destroy evil, shifters are not bound by any such ancient oaths. if they fight for good, why do they? -

Gideon serve's prim and her people as his family once had. His family however, is now gone. Gideon serves to redeem and earn what scraps or merit he can through his servitude. To attempt to rebuild a family and it's honor, despite being forbidden in creating more of his line. The mistake of his family had damaged prim and thus was destroyed by the over-seers as they had preformed an illegal ritual and failed. Only through my immature state and ignorance of the events, added by the passing mercy of the one who found me, do i now serve prim. No matter the order, no matter the trial. Gideon would see himself either perish, or earn forgiveness for the sins of his family.

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by? -

He was lost in thought yet again, it had always happend. The cooled air of a sunless sky washed over him, not a cloud to be witnessed as the star's would illuminate and reveal a dark ocean of sparkling lights. Footfalls leaving light crunching of sand as he walked the length of the long empty dark beach. It is a sombre quiet that always allows time for thought and contemplation, when not waiting on a command to enter the depths. Gideon's thought's were never focused, always wandering and catching faint glimpses of what tomorrow or tonight could possibly bring.

As he walked, his thought's would hold pause as his eye's lazily scanned across the coming unwalked beach only to pass over the form of a small girl. Taking a moment to blink off the blank stare once held, Gideon would refocus them onto the lone girl. Who stood facing the dark water's. She was unmoving, her gaze as glazed as his own thoughtless thinking had provided. Despite the sight, his pace never slowed. Gideon would remain at a slow ambling walk, a wandering that now would bring him up behind her. As she was approached, there was no sign of realisation, the light breeze not moving her dark hair or dress. She looked so young, to be in her late teen's at most. Her dress was a simple dulled white that came to her knees. Her hair was messy, lmost frazzled. It was only a few more steps until Gideon was beside her, sharing the view with her as he looked out towards the darkened horizon. It took a few moment's, but then her head would turn slowly, almost lazily towards him. Her head would not incline to look up to him, yet her eye's had panned upwards to meet his. She said nothing, remaining silent, her eye's almost seemingly waiting for something.

Gideon would wait, to give the water a few more moment's of time before she would hear him sigh softly to himself, his head slowly turning to look at her, to meet her gaze. She would take pause for a moment before taking an uncertain step back. It seemed she wasnt used to being seen. She looked nervous, afraid, un-sure. Gideon had often told himself that he was never good with people, yet he was working daily to serve customers. The self-lie wasnt healthy. The moments felt like minutes, the girl still silent as she watched me, her uncertainty still plan upon her face. She may not even attempt to, so gideon would break the ice. "You... Seem lost, little one. Why are you out so late?" His voice soft, yet tired. He had hoped this would get an answer from her, at least a nod, perhaps? Gideon knew she was not of the living. A spectre, a wraith, one of the ul-living. He saw them aplenty, yet none upon the beach. Untill now. She seemed disquieted by the question, several emotions flickered across her face. She seemed to be deciding on if she should, or would answer. Or maybe she was just one who found it difficult to speak? Giving another soft, tired sigh, Gideon would try again. Giving a careful, small smile, he would ask again. "Are you alright?" Her silence still holding strong. After what felt like hours, yet passed in moment's, she had her answer. That answer was a simple one, yet fully understandable. It was to run.

She fled. Dissapearing up the beach at a paniced sprint towards the light of prim. As she would reach the street's, she would flee further in and around a corner. Gideon's gaze lazily following her as she fled. He couldn't, didn't blame her, she looked like she was the one seeing a ghost. Being approached in the night by a stranger would cause most to flee, her flight from the beach and away from him was something he would not hold surprise at. Nor would he attempt to follow her. There were other's in Prim who could see them, he did not wish to be viewed as one who bothered the dead. His gaze returning to the ocean, lightly rubbing the tip of his nose to rid of a small itch, he would spot something. Looking down the length of his nose, Gideon's eye's would come to rest upon the reason she was here. Sat in the dark, the tide gently lapping at them, were two shoes sat in almost careful attention facing the sea. It didn't take Gideon more than a few moment's to guess. She had drowned herself. It was a somber thought, perhaps had he been out earlier, he could have maybe stopped this. Shaking his head, no. There was no use getting his thoughts caught up in her reasoning. The deed was done.

The thought of going home had passed his mind. To move on with the night. She was gone after all, and as she had fled, she did not wish his presence. It was an odd feeling, however. He wanted to go home, but something didnt seem right with just leaving. His thought's would all come together to a single, simple idea. Gideon would chuckle at, it as if presented it by another person. Gideon would kick his own shoes off, giving a soft smile to the ocean. "Come on, now. Give her back." He spoke, almost as if asking a close friend. The girl's body rested in a massive, unmarked grave. It reminded him of his own family, the blank page of history they had been awarded. He may not be able to help her wraith, but there was another act of kindness only he could preform. Thus would Gideon dissapear into the water's. Two pairs of shoe's sat in silence, side by side as they slowly sank into the sands.

It would be a few hour's later that Gideon would approach the local hospital. There was a desk clerk slouched at her desk, phone in hand as she idly browsed whatever medial entertainment she could find interesting. The hospital door would slide open, a light dinging noise to let those nearby that someone had arrived. Looking up from her phone, she would see two individuals. Both soaked. Innitialy she would seem confused at what she saw. Why two people were trailing in a carpet of water. But once her eye's rested upon the girl in the man's arms, she was up on her feet. The nurse would swiftly approach, her view fixated on the small, curled form of an ice-cold girl that rested in Gideon's arms. Grimly, she was long-since dead. He had no where to bring her, but here. The nurse didnt look the girl over for long, calling for doctors loudly and urgently. They arrived swiftly. The more experienced doctors didnt need more than a simple look, being able to tell what had happened between us. They didnt ask many question's, Gideon would give them the girl. This would be the only kindness he could afford her. The hospital would be able to identify her, notify family, friends. And give her a propper burial.

Gideon did not stay, leaving the building as quietly, as quickly, as he had arrived. He knew they would want to ask question's. To ask what had happened and how he was involved. But it was almost past midnight, he was wet and cold. It was almost time to see if he would be going back into Prim's water's for the second time tonight. Slipping away, Gidon would vanish. Time to go home.

Last edited:
Oh man. This honestly makes me so excited as it reminds of a combination of Sander Lore.

I planned on making a witch character but there are already 3 accepted witches character, yes? And there are only 9 marked characters? From what I gathered?

• Love
Oh man. This honestly makes me so excited as it reminds of a combination of Sander Lore.

I planned on making a witch character but there are already 3 accepted witches character, yes? And there are only 9 marked characters? From what I gathered?
The official cast will be revealed once sign ups are closed— so no one is officially accepted just yet, so no worries there!

There are 4 skelly sheets that've been approved so far tho— 2 witches and 2 watchers!
Hopefully I'm not too far off the mark for this world, I read everything I could but tried not to make too many assumptions. If things are too vague, or just don't fit, let me know and we can work something out. Wanted to submit something quick before the sign-ups closed. Hope it's to your liking.

Skeleton Sheet

Audit:

There are some people in this world who are simply cursed from the day they're born. Louis Hayes is just one of them. He made the mistake of being born to a family who, long, long ago made a deal with... honestly, he doesn't even know, his family had long forgotten it before he was even a thought in his father's head, but it's safe to say, whatever it was was not to be trifled with. Even more unfortunately, his great great great great great something or other thought they could get one over on a being that lives on a plane of existence we can't conceive of. Stupid, right? Well, that's just how things are sometimes in this world. His ancestor pissed the thing off so much, it didn't just curse or kill them, it cursed every single member of the family from then on. "Marked" is an appropriate word, though perhaps not used in the same sense of the nine for this story. Louis, and every member of his family before him have a way of attracting non-human things, whether their intentions be good or bad. He calls it the "stink". He simply can't hide from the supernatural for long.

Thankfully, that's where Pirn comes in. Louis has discovered the same kinds of protections that are offered to the unveiled have assisted him in living a more normal life, and considering the life he lead before, living in Pirn is an easy price to pay. For one forced to be a watcher due to his circumstances, all Louis wants is a normal life, and in Pirn he has at least some semblance of that. He rents an apartment (and has for the past 5 years) works at a warehouse, and mostly doesn't have to worry about otherworldly entities tracking him down. As long as he keeps his head down, things are better than they were elsewhere, constantly running from and fighting new threats.

As for Louis himself, he's 26 and lives alone, mostly due to that tricky curse being so effective that he has no living family left. He's a tall, thin man with shoulder-length black hair with white strands here and there that he'll swear to you he didn't highlight, and heterochromatic blue and brown eyes. Aside from the piercings and bars in his ears, his fashion mostly consists of old or confusing band shirts that are too large, worn jeans, and whatever else he finds comfortable. He doesn't put all that much effort into looking stylish, and is very down to earth. The man doesn't aspire for much more than a peaceful life, and enjoys the little things in life like quiet moments spent reading or enjoying a view, good meals, and having a stable roof over his head. He tries hard not to step on the toes of those around him, and helps wherever he can. The one thing he dislikes most is getting involved in supernatural shenanigans. Despite his otherwise kind nature, he's often distrustful of non-humans, and would prefer to not get involved with them wherever possible.

Racial Questions:

Cursed, without question. Surely the Hayes had a different name long long ago, and maybe it would be possible to find out what supernatural being his family tried to screw over and figure out a way out of the curse, but if this many generations have tried and utterly failed, he'd rather hide in Pirn. He knows only two things about this curse, one, that he and his family are doomed to be caught by all sorts of supernatural beings, and two, they're doomed never to rest in peace... neither of those things thrill Louis.

Powerset?

Louis is very attuned to seeing the truth, whether he likes it or not. Louis was the lucky one of two twins, or, at least that was the explanation his parents gave him for why there's a second soul bound to him. Supposedly, the spirit is his brother and it's fraternal traits manifested in him somewhat, with the heterochromia and odd highlights of white hair here and there. Obviously, as the spirit was never even born, it doesn't really have any consciousness to speak of, and is effectively the same person as Louis. Still, He believes this spirit is what grants him the sight that others don't have. Even in a place like Pirn, Louis can easily discern the supernatural from the normal as clear as day. Things that normal humans can't see, he has to try to ignore if he wishes to live normally. His senses are stronger when it comes to the undead or departed, but he can still discern other unveiled at a glance, typically. This also extends to a weak "sixth sense" which can let him know if there are such beings nearby, but isn't foolproof.

One "blessing" to the curse given to his family is that since they were doomed to never rest in peace, the family is still all connected somehow, even long after their deaths. Partly because of the curse, but also partly because of strong magic casted ages ago, probably shortly after his family was cursed. Whether they got help from another supernatural entity, or were simply that strong during that age is a matter of contention, but the fact still remains that they were bound together, even after death. They don't just follow Louis around like a legion of lost souls, instead being bound to the family sword. The one surviving artifact from the miserable history of his lineage. However, since Louis doesn't really know any magic, especially not of the soul-working variety, he can't use it to it's full ability like his ancestors might have been able to. If he were able, the things he could do with a legion of willing spirits on his side would be frightening, but for now, all has is something that looks like a prop from a Lord of The Rings movie, and is a pretty effective weapon against the supernatural.

What makes your character powerful enough to stand beside a fully unveiled character?

For all intents and purposes, Louis would be an ordinary human, certainly not as strong or fast as some unveiled, and incapable of casting magics against them, but you don't survive this long being hunted by the supernatural without being able to hold your own. Despite having lived mostly in peace in Pirn the past five years, his senses and reflexes are still sharp. His whole life pre-Pirn was an exercise in survival, moving from place to place, fighting off supernatural beings that wished him or his family harm, or running when he could not. Nobody is perfect, and he has a set of dead parents and plenty of scars to show for his experiences, but yet he still lives despite it all.

In combat, Louis prefers to use the Family Sword, as it is an all-purpose remedy to things supernatural. It may be an unorthodox weapon in an age of guns, but it has served him well so far, and he is surprisingly deft with it despite appearances. When the sword fails, he is well-studied enough to know what other methods are effective against his adversaries, and if that fails, well, he can pull out his trump card. A secret technique handed down the Hayes family line for generations, and has mostly worked out okay for him... That technique is called "Running for your life".

Prompts:

Your character encounters a spirit looking lost and angry; how does your character react?

Another day another ghost. Louis sees this sort of thing all the time, but has apparently done a poor job of pretending not to stare at the obviously departed spirit, and has drawn it's attention. From the moment their eyes meet, Louis knows that this whole thing is going to be a hassle. The old man makes his way over to Louis as he sits at the diner, trying to eat in peace. The spirit takes a seat across from him in the booth as he sips his shake, and Louis sighs heavily, closing his eyes. Perhaps if he says nothing, the damn thing will float off and bother someone else. But the fact that it's staring at him rather intently as he finishes his drink tells him that will not be the case.

"So how long are ya gonna pretend I'm not here, boy? Don't play dumb.", the ghost finally says.

Louis's brow twitches in irritation, and he finally gives in. "Ugh, you see a guy just sitting here, minding his own business, enjoying a nice peanut butter shake, and you decide to come bother him? Rude. Well, fine. Spit it out, I can see you but that doesn't make me psychic, what is it that you want, huh?", he asks, huffing as he uses the straw to mix up the bits at the bottom of the shake so that he can get every bit of his money's worth of the dessert.

The straw stops swirling the whipped cream, ice cream, and chocolate sauce together, and he stares at the ghost with the most "are you joking me?" face he can muster. "You're serious?!", he almost blurted those words aloud to the whole diner, before laughing. "That... That's got to be the dumbest reason I've ever heard for staying on this side, you know. And what am I supposed to do when I get that money, huh? You're dead, it's not like you're going to be able to use it.", he reasoned.

"Don't you understand? It's the principal of the matter!", the old man spat, looking outraged that Louis found it funny that THIS was his unresolved conflict. "I don't care what you do with the money, you can keep it, but I want to stick it to this place for killing me.", he grumbled.

The pieces were coming together, he was so angry over this he probably had a heart attack that he didn't recover from. From the looks of him, his clothes were modern... that ugly red hat was definitely less than a couple years old... in a town like this he probably wouldn't wander around long before being found by someone like Louis, so chances were that he was just unlucky enough to have been the first watcher to encounter him since his untimely demise. This was a diner that got decent business too, so he couldn't have died more than a couple days ago...

"Okay, fine. How long have you been here? Who are you? If you tell me you threw away the receipt, we're done here.", Louis tells the old man, before taking the last sip of his shake.

"No, no, I always keep the receipts in my wallet. I think I've been here a day... my name's John Shoemaker. So, you'll help?", the ghost asked.

Louis sighed. "I guess that's a start. I'm feeling generous today, so that meal better have been like, twenty dollars at least, okay? If you died over a screwed up shake and nothing else or something stupid like that, I'm gonna be pissed.", the watcher warned before getting up and paying his bill. And that, ladies and gentleman, is how he spent the night breaking into the hospital morgue to recover a receipt for 13.22 over a burger that had onions on it when it was requested they not be added. Louis was not pleased.

gimme dat full sheet

Im sorry if im off the mark on anything, if anything is wrong with it please let me know! Im still fairly new to this whole thing!

Skeleton sheet:

Audit - It was always so peacefuly quiet when one lived by the coast. The salt-air and the soft sound of the ocean giving beautiful ambience! There was little to disturb what tender quiet the area provided. The seagulls would oft make their loud calls, but beyond their pitched calls there was little to get in the way of a happy and simple life! If one was to remain ignorant of prim and it's... Complexities that is. One could almost wish for it's quiet life. But that isnt what i've earned. The name i was gifted, is Gideon Yamako. This is who i am, and what im known to be by my superiors.

My family is one i have very few memories of and even fewer of them fond or comforting. Once, a long time ago my family was known fondly amongst the elder's and watcher's of prim. A family of shifters that once in it's past were of little use to prim and through it's efforts became a valued family in the defence of prim and her borders! And now? Now it's a shade of itself and near completely wiped from the face of not only prim, but her history.

In the day, my time is spent in a quaint little restaurant that sells sushi with a beach-side view of the coast. Going day by day of waking in the early minutes of the sun bearly cracking the sky with it's faint tired light. Throughout the day, it is time spent giving customer's my attention and preparing their sushi, or for the more... unnatural visitors, the speciality menu is always interesting to have ordered from. A fairly normal life! Then the sun begin's to go down. The restauraunt is closed and i return home to await any word from the elder's or watcher's. The night is spent in quiet thought, silent and alone until i am told to march upon the shore, or to rest, yet with an ear perked for emergency orders.

It is endlessly tireing. To run a family buissness without a family, and to remain ever alert through the night. But such is my duty to the elder's and watcher's. Most night's are met with naught but the tension of something to come, only to be told to rest. But on rare night's, although far too common these day's, i am told to march upon the coastline under the glare of the moon's ever glazed stare.

Once, i was part of a proud and ancient line, a family who had spent centuries building what they had. And in the span of but a few day's, had undone all of it. An act my family had thought to be of a boon to prim, had caused much damage, and in turn the family was expunged. Save for one. As i walk towards the ice-cold water's, i think to my order's. and of the coming report to make to the watcher's or elders who expected either my completion of night's duty, or the silence of the still waves that would signal my family's line is ended.

As i step beyond the water's edge and i step deeper and deeper into the water's of prim, i begin to let my form change and flow. Thought's moving toward's the past. Of how the family once hunted in pack's. Defended prim from below the surface of the water's and attacked like pack's of piranah! But that was of long ago. My form complete's as i dissapear from view completely below the surface of the black water's. My duty, to do as my family once did, now alone. I guard the water's of prim when sent by the elder's or watchers. To refuse is to be expunged, to join my blood-line in the blank pages of prim's history. To serve, to follow order's is to survive. And perhaps, maybe one day. Earn forgiveness for the sins of my family. My task is never an easy one, scars of battle's still linger on my forn despite the regenerative propperties. I heal, yet every battle leave's a new mark like badges of honor. Swimming further into the murky depths i begin my vigil. The water's embracing me asif it missed me, i press forwards. If one were to look from above the surface of the water's oone may, through the moonlight, see through the waters. A lone orca, fading deeper into the waters.

How do they feel about their token animal? - Once he often enjoyed the form and loved to swim through it's oceans! Through year's upon year's of duty, he now wear's the form as he would his humanoid form. Like changing clothes. He hold's no oppinion over the form nowadays.

Animal blessing: Depth pressure. Through the act that brought the family down, Gideon is now followed by the ocean's pressures. Around gideon is an invisible force that, through his effort to restrain or release, can bring forth level's of deep sea pressure. No matter how hard he tries, the blessing will alway's remain active, and takes continuous, trained effort to keep level throughout the day.

HUMAN EFFECT:
The effect will vary dependant on how hard he want's to restrain it or not. In normal day to day life above the sea, the pressure has to be carefuly contained. However, if people stay nearby for too long, they may get a building headache or a nosebleed. But nothing too serious beyong the people thinking that it is all naturaly occuring. If gideon releases it then the pressure could begin to become dangerous. When unrestrained, gideon becomes a center for pressure, the closer to gideon the worse it becomes, akin deep-sea diving. To stay too close to gideon when the pressure is unregulated is to feel slowed asif wading through deep water's. Muscles will feel bruised as they compress under invisible force. Breath will becomes shorter and more difficult. To remain within the pressure for too long and too close is likely to suffer paralysis, or worse.

ANIMAL EFFECT:
While in the water, it feels asif the ocean's pressures rise to meet gideon, the pressures that would affect those above the surface gradually amplify as the natural pressures of the ocean build atop what he already radiates. The effect of the pressure will always remain active, the energy it take's will be far more of a tax restraining it. The more he unrestrains his power, the longer it will take to reign back in. If fully unrestrained, it could take up to a few day's for the ressure's to come down to safe level's around human's.

Unlike witches who have an unspoken duty to either create or destroy evil, shifters are not bound by any such ancient oaths. if they fight for good, why do they? -

Gideon serve's prim and her people as his family once had. Although through the family they served through their status and honor of being a long-lined family. Gideon serves to redeem what fragment's of the line now remains, that being himself. Through his family moving to completeion with an ancient ritual, without the autherasation from prim, and causing mass damage through a miscalculation. The other large houses brought low my family, only through passing whim's of mercy on a youngling had i survived. Now in service to prim i fight their battles and serve to earn what little i can.

your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by? -

I was lost in thought again, it alway's happen's. The cooled air of a sunless sky washed over me, not a cloud to be witnessed as the star's shone to reveal a dark ocean of sparkling lights. My footfalls leaving light crunching of sand as i walked the length of the empty dark beach. A sombre quiet that always alows time for thought and contemplation when not waiting on a command to enter the water's. My thought's were never focused, just wandering and catching faint idea's of what tomorrow or tonight may bring.

My thought's would hold pause as my eye's lazily float across the coming unwalked beach and pass the form of a small girl. Blinking off the blank stare i held, i would refocus them onto the lone girl who stood facing the dark water's. She was unmoving, her glare as glazed as my own thoughtless thinking had provided. My pace never slowed at the sight. a slow ainless wandering that now would bring me to wander up behind her. As i approached, there was no sign of realisation she was being approached, the light breeze not moving her darkened hair or dress. It was only a few more steps until i was besides her, watching the quiet wave's besides her. Her head would turn slowly, almost lazily towards me, her head not looking upto me, her eye's panning upwards however. She remained silent, her eye's almost seemingly waiting for something.

I gave the water's a few more moment's of my time before i would sigh softly to myself, my head slowly turning to look at her, she would take pause for a moment before taking a step back. It seemed she wasnt used to being spotted. She looked nervous, afraid, unsure. I often told myself i was never good with people, yet i worked in a family buissness where i served customers. The self-lie wasnt healthy... It took a moment, the girl still silent as she watched me, but i spoke. "You... Seem lost, little one. Why are you out so late?" My voice soft as i spoke. I knew she wasnt amongst the living, she was unliving. Yet i treat her as i would any child. She seemed disquieted by the question, several emotions flickered on her face as she seemed to be deciding on if she should, or would answer. Giving another soft sigh, i would let a gentle smile appear on my face. "Are you alright?" I would ask again, her silence still holding strong. After what seemed like hours, yet passed by in moment's. Her answer was a simple one, yet a fully understandable one. It was to run.

She fled from me. She dissapeared up the beach towards the light's of prim and vanished from view.. My eye's lazily following her as she fled. I didnt blame her, she looked young. Being approached in the night by a stranger would cause most to flee, but i knew i had tried. I would not follow her, i did not want to be seen by those with the eye's as one who followed them. Lightly rubbing the tip of my nose to rid of a small itch, i would direct my gaze down towards the sands. There is where i saw them. Two shoe's sat coldly by the water's edge. It clicked. She drowned herself. Whatever her reasoning may be, i would never know. With a half-lidded look back to the ocean, my mind thought of the possibilities of what could have happened to stop this. None mattered.

The thought of going home passed my mind. To move on with the night. She was gone after all. But i didn't. Not yet. Taking a few step's towards the water's under the dark sky i would vanish. The girl had indeed died, an unmarked grave, like his own family had been awarded. It didnt seem right, she had not earnt it, not deserved it. A few hour's later i would find myself at the local hospital. The desk clerk slouched at her desk, phone in her hand as she idly browsed whatever medial entertainment she found interesting. The hospital door would slide open and she would look up from her phone to see two people. It took less than a second for her to be on her feet and running over to the two soaked individuals. I stood there, soaked with ice-cold oceanic water's with the small curled form of an ocean-soaked little girl. She was long-since dead. I had no where to bring her, but here. The nurse didnt look the girl over for long. Calling for doctors loudly and they would arrive swiftly. I gave them the girl, this was the only kindness i could afford her. The hospital would be able to identify her, notify family, friends. And give her a propper burial.

I did not stay, leaving the building as quietly, as quickly, as i arrived. It was almost past midnight, he was wet and cold. Time to go home.

There's a few things I wanna touch on first: before I can properly/fairly chew on this skelly sheet, I'm gunna need you to rewrite it in third person. I suppose that's on me for not specifying in the Reminders section— first person POV isn't something I want here.

I like the concept of his abilities as well, but they need a bit of a nerf. As stated in the interest check, this is an extremely powerful Animal Blessing. While I agree that the ability should always be "active" I think there should be a tweak in wording/understanding here. It's a passive ability that's always on, just as the pressure of the deep is always there. However, when his emotions are high or his life is in danger, perhaps that's where his struggling to remain calm and even comes in. This ofc can be compounded further by being an anxious person or constantly putting oneself in danger, etc.

I'll be around later in the evening if anyone needs any help brainstormin or comin up with ideas!

@rissa It's my understanding that we post the full sheet in this thread as well, then this bit:

background: 2-3+ paragraphs about your character; please tell me who they are, where they come from, what they've been through in their lives thus far. are they in pirn for a specific reason (trying to unlock the power of the ley lines? looking for the ancient grimoires said to be buried in the mine? sensed something was about to happen?) or were they simply born in pirn, amidst the powerful energy that saturates the area?

secrets: please send me a known lie about your character, an unknown truth, and a rumor, (unfounded or otherwise.)

reason why they'd protect pirn // while Marked Ones weren't necessarily given a choice in the matter, i'd like you to come up with a reason and/or justification behind them at minimum, wanting to help save pirn from impending doom.

Is DM'd to you, yes? Sorry if that seems like an obvious question, but I wanted to be clear before doing anything.

The official cast will be revealed once sign ups are closed— so no one is officially accepted just yet, so no worries there!

There are 4 skelly sheets that've been approved so far tho— 2 witches and 2 watchers!

Skeleton Sheet

Audit:

Racial Questions:

Powerset?

Prompts:

gimme dat full sheet

Skeleton sheet:

Audit - It was always so peacefuly quiet when one lived by the coast. The salt-air and the soft sound of the ocean giving beautiful ambience! There was little to disturb what tender quiet the area provided. The seagulls would oft make their loud calls, but beyond their pitched calls there was little to get in the way of a happy and simple life! If one was to remain ignorant of prim and it's... Complexities that is. One could almost wish for it's quiet life. But that isnt what i've earned. The name i was gifted, is Gideon Yamako. This is who i am, and what im known to be by my superiors.

My family is one i have very few memories of and even fewer of them fond or comforting. Once, a long time ago my family was known fondly amongst the elder's and watcher's of prim. A family of shifters that once in it's past were of little use to prim and through it's efforts became a valued family in the defence of prim and her borders! And now? Now it's a shade of itself and near completely wiped from the face of not only prim, but her history.

In the day, my time is spent in a quaint little restaurant that sells sushi with a beach-side view of the coast. Going day by day of waking in the early minutes of the sun bearly cracking the sky with it's faint tired light. Throughout the day, it is time spent giving customer's my attention and preparing their sushi, or for the more... unnatural visitors, the speciality menu is always interesting to have ordered from. A fairly normal life! Then the sun begin's to go down. The restauraunt is closed and i return home to await any word from the elder's or watcher's. The night is spent in quiet thought, silent and alone until i am told to march upon the shore, or to rest, yet with an ear perked for emergency orders.

It is endlessly tireing. To run a family buissness without a family, and to remain ever alert through the night. But such is my duty to the elder's and watcher's. Most night's are met with naught but the tension of something to come, only to be told to rest. But on rare night's, although far too common these day's, i am told to march upon the coastline under the glare of the moon's ever glazed stare.

Once, i was part of a proud and ancient line, a family who had spent centuries building what they had. And in the span of but a few day's, had undone all of it. An act my family had thought to be of a boon to prim, had caused much damage, and in turn the family was expunged. Save for one. As i walk towards the ice-cold water's, i think to my order's. and of the coming report to make to the watcher's or elders who expected either my completion of night's duty, or the silence of the still waves that would signal my family's line is ended.

As i step beyond the water's edge and i step deeper and deeper into the water's of prim, i begin to let my form change and flow. Thought's moving toward's the past. Of how the family once hunted in pack's. Defended prim from below the surface of the water's and attacked like pack's of piranah! But that was of long ago. My form complete's as i dissapear from view completely below the surface of the black water's. My duty, to do as my family once did, now alone. I guard the water's of prim when sent by the elder's or watchers. To refuse is to be expunged, to join my blood-line in the blank pages of prim's history. To serve, to follow order's is to survive. And perhaps, maybe one day. Earn forgiveness for the sins of my family. My task is never an easy one, scars of battle's still linger on my forn despite the regenerative propperties. I heal, yet every battle leave's a new mark like badges of honor. Swimming further into the murky depths i begin my vigil. The water's embracing me asif it missed me, i press forwards. If one were to look from above the surface of the water's oone may, through the moonlight, see through the waters. A lone orca, fading deeper into the waters.

How do they feel about their token animal? - Once he often enjoyed the form and loved to swim through it's oceans! Through year's upon year's of duty, he now wear's the form as he would his humanoid form. Like changing clothes. He hold's no oppinion over the form nowadays.

Animal blessing: Depth pressure. Through the act that brought the family down, Gideon is now followed by the ocean's pressures. Around gideon is an invisible force that, through his effort to restrain or release, can bring forth level's of deep sea pressure. No matter how hard he tries, the blessing will alway's remain active, and takes continuous, trained effort to keep level throughout the day.

HUMAN EFFECT:
The effect will vary dependant on how hard he want's to restrain it or not. In normal day to day life above the sea, the pressure has to be carefuly contained. However, if people stay nearby for too long, they may get a building headache or a nosebleed. But nothing too serious beyong the people thinking that it is all naturaly occuring. If gideon releases it then the pressure could begin to become dangerous. When unrestrained, gideon becomes a center for pressure, the closer to gideon the worse it becomes, akin deep-sea diving. To stay too close to gideon when the pressure is unregulated is to feel slowed asif wading through deep water's. Muscles will feel bruised as they compress under invisible force. Breath will becomes shorter and more difficult. To remain within the pressure for too long and too close is likely to suffer paralysis, or worse.

ANIMAL EFFECT:
While in the water, it feels asif the ocean's pressures rise to meet gideon, the pressures that would affect those above the surface gradually amplify as the natural pressures of the ocean build atop what he already radiates. The effect of the pressure will always remain active, the energy it take's will be far more of a tax restraining it. The more he unrestrains his power, the longer it will take to reign back in. If fully unrestrained, it could take up to a few day's for the ressure's to come down to safe level's around human's.

Gideon serve's prim and her people as his family once had. Although through the family they served through their status and honor of being a long-lined family. Gideon serves to redeem what fragment's of the line now remains, that being himself. Through his family moving to completeion with an ancient ritual, without the autherasation from prim, and causing mass damage through a miscalculation. The other large houses brought low my family, only through passing whim's of mercy on a youngling had i survived. Now in service to prim i fight their battles and serve to earn what little i can.

I was lost in thought again, it alway's happen's. The cooled air of a sunless sky washed over me, not a cloud to be witnessed as the star's shone to reveal a dark ocean of sparkling lights. My footfalls leaving light crunching of sand as i walked the length of the empty dark beach. A sombre quiet that always alows time for thought and contemplation when not waiting on a command to enter the water's. My thought's were never focused, just wandering and catching faint idea's of what tomorrow or tonight may bring.

My thought's would hold pause as my eye's lazily float across the coming unwalked beach and pass the form of a small girl. Blinking off the blank stare i held, i would refocus them onto the lone girl who stood facing the dark water's. She was unmoving, her glare as glazed as my own thoughtless thinking had provided. My pace never slowed at the sight. a slow ainless wandering that now would bring me to wander up behind her. As i approached, there was no sign of realisation she was being approached, the light breeze not moving her darkened hair or dress. It was only a few more steps until i was besides her, watching the quiet wave's besides her. Her head would turn slowly, almost lazily towards me, her head not looking upto me, her eye's panning upwards however. She remained silent, her eye's almost seemingly waiting for something.

I gave the water's a few more moment's of my time before i would sigh softly to myself, my head slowly turning to look at her, she would take pause for a moment before taking a step back. It seemed she wasnt used to being spotted. She looked nervous, afraid, unsure. I often told myself i was never good with people, yet i worked in a family buissness where i served customers. The self-lie wasnt healthy... It took a moment, the girl still silent as she watched me, but i spoke. "You... Seem lost, little one. Why are you out so late?" My voice soft as i spoke. I knew she wasnt amongst the living, she was unliving. Yet i treat her as i would any child. She seemed disquieted by the question, several emotions flickered on her face as she seemed to be deciding on if she should, or would answer. Giving another soft sigh, i would let a gentle smile appear on my face. "Are you alright?" I would ask again, her silence still holding strong. After what seemed like hours, yet passed by in moment's. Her answer was a simple one, yet a fully understandable one. It was to run.

She fled from me. She dissapeared up the beach towards the light's of prim and vanished from view.. My eye's lazily following her as she fled. I didnt blame her, she looked young. Being approached in the night by a stranger would cause most to flee, but i knew i had tried. I would not follow her, i did not want to be seen by those with the eye's as one who followed them. Lightly rubbing the tip of my nose to rid of a small itch, i would direct my gaze down towards the sands. There is where i saw them. Two shoe's sat coldly by the water's edge. It clicked. She drowned herself. Whatever her reasoning may be, i would never know. With a half-lidded look back to the ocean, my mind thought of the possibilities of what could have happened to stop this. None mattered.

The thought of going home passed my mind. To move on with the night. She was gone after all. But i didn't. Not yet. Taking a few step's towards the water's under the dark sky i would vanish. The girl had indeed died, an unmarked grave, like his own family had been awarded. It didnt seem right, she had not earnt it, not deserved it. A few hour's later i would find myself at the local hospital. The desk clerk slouched at her desk, phone in her hand as she idly browsed whatever medial entertainment she found interesting. The hospital door would slide open and she would look up from her phone to see two people. It took less than a second for her to be on her feet and running over to the two soaked individuals. I stood there, soaked with ice-cold oceanic water's with the small curled form of an ocean-soaked little girl. She was long-since dead. I had no where to bring her, but here. The nurse didnt look the girl over for long. Calling for doctors loudly and they would arrive swiftly. I gave them the girl, this was the only kindness i could afford her. The hospital would be able to identify her, notify family, friends. And give her a propper burial.

I did not stay, leaving the building as quietly, as quickly, as i arrived. It was almost past midnight, he was wet and cold. Time to go home.

There's a few things I wanna touch on first: before I can properly/fairly chew on this skelly sheet, I'm gunna need you to rewrite it in third person. I suppose that's on me for not specifying in the Reminders section— first person POV isn't something I want here.

I like the concept of his abilities as well, but they need a bit of a nerf. As stated in the interest check, this is an extremely powerful Animal Blessing. While I agree that the ability should always be "active" I think there should be a tweak in wording/understanding here. It's a passive ability that's always on, just as the pressure of the deep is always there. However, when his emotions are high or his life is in danger, perhaps that's where his struggling to remain calm and even comes in. This ofc can be compounded further by being an anxious person or constantly putting oneself in danger, etc.

I'll be around later in the evening if anyone needs any help brainstormin or comin up with ideas!
I wanted to pitch the idea to try to put a basic idea down. Trying to balance it can be a bit of a challenge. So i wanted to ask you how you would balance it? The idea of his character is that he is usualy always being sent off to do underwater patrols or fighting. So he will be fairly experienced, but having his mental state being tieD to it too is a good idea.

Also i appologize for the first person PoV. I can get that re-done.

I have re-edited the whole thing. I hope this makes things a bit easier. I'm still thinking on the blessing, i'm sure i'll figure something out!

Last edited:
Name: Louis Hayes
Nickname: Lou (This is the only acceptable nickname, he will get irritated if you try to call him "Louie" or something, don't do it)
Dob & Age: 8/17/1995, Age 26
Physical Appearance:
e0401ed63c787408c729205ebd153e53.jpg

35bacbe8199dfa6c4df0bf17e2164e5f.jpg
Louis has mostly black hair with little streaks of white here and there and heterochromatic blue and brown eyes, both being the result of fraternal traits he inherited from his deceased twin. Louis stands at 6'2, and while not casting an imposing aura necessarily (instead, he has an almost otherworldly unconcerned look most of the time) his appearance belies the traits of a true survivor. The mostly baggy, loose, or "comfortable" clothing he wears hides a nimble, wiry frame well-suited for fighting. Still, Louis is only human, underneath the band shirts and stressed jeans lie a myriad of scars from close calls he's had throughout the years, some minor, others that look like they could have come from a grievous wound, once upon a time. The most questionable of them being a large gash over his heart that looks significantly older than his other scars.

Louis's sense of style is... well, it's something. If he's not wearing clothes that wouldn't look out of place in a thrift shop, he's wearing band shirts with confusing names like "Elephant Circus Massacre" or "Katanahead Blaster" and jeans that are so stressed and torn in places that they border on being too much to be fashionable. Don't ask him what the shirts mean, he doesn't know or listen to them, he just thinks the designs are neat. How he manages to get ahold of shirts for such obscure bands despite not taking an interest in them is another matter of question...

As for his hair, well... it looks like he cuts it himself, and while it's not a crime on fashion or anything, he'd be better off leaving it in the hands of a competent hairdresser. The only thing that actually hints he cares somewhat about his appearance are the piercings he has in his ears. A set of bars and rings, not outlandishly colored or oversized, but certainly noticeable among the thriftshop chic.

Personality: Louis's emotions are a bit more dulled than other people's. He gets less happy, excited, angry, or sad than most, even other Watchers. Still, he lives his life to the fullest he can, and is typically well-meaning and kind, at least to other humans. When it comes to supernatural shenanigans, he is often impatient with or sometimes outright rude to non-humans, possibly because he doesn't enjoy his position as a Watcher, and believes that if they simply didn't exist, his life would be better. It's a selfish outlook, but that doesn't prevent him from still doing what's right... even if he dislikes the supernatural, he understands his position, and will often help regardless (whilst grumbling about it all the way).

Louis doesn't live with any sort of purpose, instead enjoying taking life as it comes. He can often be lazy, disorganized, and forgetful when it comes to everyday life, but when it comes to the supernatural, he's a natural-born Watcher. When memorizing the weaknesses of and details about otherworldly entities he meets, even those who appear friendly, his mind is like a steel trap, and when the chips are down, he is diligent to the end, taking no half-measures in mercilessly exploiting every weakness his adversaries show. There is no honor when survival is at stake. One could scarcely believe that underneath his easygoing exterior lies someone so vicious when it comes to facing down his enemies. Of course, he is also good at reading when a situation is unwinnable, and will not hesitate to flee if he can.

Drives: Survival, Undoing the curse, living a peaceful, normal life.
Fears: Dying while still cursed, the ocean, incredible heights
Hobbies: Trying new foods, hiking, reading, painting, gaming
Lore: Not much to say here, Louis tries to live his life as normally as possible, though that's difficult at times for someone who was born to be a Watcher.
Theme: Tacked this on at the end, I always like to have a song in mind when writing a character. You needn't listen, but I find it fun to include.

Last edited:
Finally done.
The knife thumped rhythmically against the board as it sliced the fresh meat. Blood pooled and splattered, calming Morgan. Sweat dripped down his lean, sun kissed, torso, his golden locks plastered against the side of his face. Startling crystal blue eyes were focused upon the board, a soft smile upon his as drops of blood landed on his skin. He threw the cut meat to the side, where a huge pile of them were already stacked; he worked in a trance, feeding the burning desire inside of him. The butcher shop, located at the heart of Pirn, was the safest way he could indulge his needs. He could not let it happen again. He would not let himself be a danger to Prenn and Sofia.

The childless witch couple welcomed him into their house ten years ago, providing him with the comfort of family. The life he currently had, he owed it to them. When people tend to skip over him at the orphanage, or would cancel his adoption after learning about his background, the witches embraced him in their arms. Without a second thought, they signed the adoption papers, and whisked him away to Pirn. Ten years had passed since then, but to the couple, he was still the 16 years old boy they adopted. He loved them, and would do anything for them, but guilt lay heavy on him. He could not tell them. The boy they loved was but one of the many skins he could shape shift into.

Abilities
Shapeshifting - Takes little to no effort for them. However the drawback of adopting the personality, and worse, bad habits of the person they shapeshift into is not fun. Although they can suppress it after the first week, the habits tend to come out randomly at any given time. (I bended the lore a bit here, I know. Trying my luck. I can revert this to the actual lore if this is not allowed.)
They are vulnerable when they shape shift, and would particularly need 2 posts before they finish shifting into another. They need to isolate themselves at this time, away from the eyes of others, as they are not comfortable in being seen as they shed one skin and into another. While it does not take much, they will feel little pinpricks all over their body as they morph into another person. Though tolerable, they try not to change skin more than once in a month.
And while they do tend to adopt the personality of the person they impersonate, it would take them a week or so to fully study them before proceeding.
Speed , Agility. For four consecutive posts, they can run at a speed that will match that of a shifter, before their speed drastically decline. If other abilities are being used, the number of bouts they can run as fast would be lower.

Minimal control and manipulation over mists: (Ritual is explained in the prompt.)

Limited to visual effects. - Curtain ( Obscure the sight of others within 50 meters. Valid for 5 posts, with the mist receding each post by 10 meter. Cannot be used again until the next day or so.
Blinds enemies and friends alike.)
Illusion (The ability to create illusions out of mist - If we are using this with Curtain, it is only valid for one valid for 1 post.
If there is natural mist - can be used thrice, each time has a validity of one post, with one post in between.)
Due to their frail body, using their abilities until they are drained will leave them to have fever / and will be out of commission for the next 3 days.

Desire:

(I may be so out of point with this.) They woke up with the strong desire to spill blood.They revel in being covered in blood. To quell the psychopathic tendencies they have adopted, they took up a job as a butcher in Pirn, a natural habitat for them. Once a year, They also take assassination requests, for their abilities were well suited for the profession. From experience, suppressing their desire causes nothing but a blood bath. They are always afraid that the desire might overcome them, the different human personalities they adopted throughout the years of shapeshifting also clashing with it, leading they to develop insomnia. They fear that they will kill the family they currently live with should they lose their consciousness.

Regarding Elsewhere:
The awareness that they lived elsewhere was like a muted buzz at the back of their mind. A white noise in the background. And if they were to try to "pierce" through, the thought would elude them. Having lived with it for 10 years, they have learnt to mute the thought, and simply let it be.

Though night had curtained the land, a small light illuminated the butcher shop. Morgan had stayed behind after the owners left. Sitting with legs apart upon the short stool, he leaned forward as his knife carefully, but skillfully skinned the lamb, blood dripping upon his face. His soul thrummed at the offering, and he hummed under his breath. It was Mother's favourite tune. It was also the last tune she sang for him. Deep in his trance, he barely paid any heed to his surroundings. It was not until he caught a sudden movement from the corner of his eyes, did he realise that another pair of eyes was watching him in the shadows.

Instinct kicked in. Without acknowledging the intruder, he stood up, and continued the task at hand. The only change he offered was the rise and fall of his chest. One. He took a deep breath, and released. Two. he took another. He counted each breath. Three His ears perked. The rustling of clothes could be heard from his left. Four. He could feel his body warming, his blood pumping. He could hear the intruder getting ready to attack. Five. As soon as it hit five, his crystal blue eyes dilated, and he flicked his wrist. Mist flooded the room, startling the intruder. They stopped in their tracks, their vision obscured.

Morgan took the chance with the intruder's momentary confusion to kick himself off the ground, hand deftly grabbing on to the beam above him. Standing at 6'0, it thankfully did not take much of a jump. He hoisted himself up, and perched upon the wooden plank. He observed the assassin who had their guard up, hands in front of their face, knife out. They were carefully inching towards his previous spot. His partially sated desire burned again.

Morgan grinned. And then, he breathed. Eyebrows furrowed as an image slowly formed in his mind. on the third count, he snapped his fingers. And a mist illusion of his stood behind them. The mist brushed they shoulder, and they swung, twirling. The illusion dissipated.

He released the beam and dropped behind them. The distraction of the illusion gave him enough time to situate himself. He barely dodged, free hand grabbing onto theirs mid swing. His own knife settled upon their neck, slightly piercing the skin as he stopped their turn. "Who sent you?"

"Hah!"Their free hand elbowed his side as they yanked their trapped hand as hard they could. "You will have to drag the answer out of my dead body." Morgan hissed, and staggered ever so slightly, his grip tightening.

"Fine." He pressed the knife into the skin, and cut across their jugular, blood spraying out. In quick succession, he began to stab chest multiple times, until they stopped struggling, body limp. He let them go, and stood there with the widest smile on his face, covered in blood.

Finally done.
The knife thumped rhythmically against the board as it sliced the fresh meat. Blood pooled and splattered, calming Morgan. Sweat dripped down his lean, sun kissed, torso, his golden locks plastered against the side of his face. Startling crystal blue eyes were focused upon the board, a soft smile upon his as drops of blood landed on his skin. He threw the cut meat to the side, where a huge pile of them were already stacked; he worked in a trance, feeding the burning desire inside of him. The butcher shop, located at the heart of Pirn, was the safest way he could indulge his needs. He could not let it happen again. He would not let himself be a danger to Prenn and Sofia.

The childless witch couple welcomed him into their house ten years ago, providing him with the comfort of family. The life he currently had, he owed it to them. When people tend to skip over him at the orphanage, or would cancel his adoption after learning about his background, the witches embraced him in their arms. Without a second thought, they signed the adoption papers, and whisked him away to Pirn. Ten years had passed since then, but to the couple, he was still the 16 years old boy they adopted. He loved them, and would do anything for them, but guilt lay heavy on him. He could not tell them. The boy they loved was but one of the many skins he could shape shift into.

Abilities
Shapeshifting - Takes little to no effort for them. However the drawback of adopting the personality, and worse, bad habits of the person they shapeshift into is not fun. Although they can suppress it after the first week, the habits tend to come out randomly at any given time. (I bended the lore a bit here, I know. Trying my luck. I can revert this to the actual lore if this is not allowed.)
They are vulnerable when they shape shift, and would particularly need 2 posts before they finish shifting into another. They need to isolate themselves at this time, away from the eyes of others, as they are not comfortable in being seen as they shed one skin and into another. While it does not take much, they will feel little pinpricks all over their body as they morph into another person. Though tolerable, they try not to change skin more than once in a month.
And while they do tend to adopt the personality of the person they impersonate, it would take them a week or so to fully study them before proceeding.
Speed , Agility. For four consecutive posts, they can run at a speed that will match that of a shifter, before their speed drastically decline. If other abilities are being used, the number of bouts they can run as fast would be lower.

Minimal control and manipulation over mists: (Ritual is explained in the prompt.)

Limited to visual effects. - Curtain ( Obscure the sight of others within 50 meters. Valid for 5 posts, with the mist receding each post by 10 meter. Cannot be used again until the next day or so.
Blinds enemies and friends alike.)
Illusion (The ability to create illusions out of mist - If we are using this with Curtain, it is only valid for one valid for 1 post.
If there is natural mist - can be used thrice, each time has a validity of one post, with one post in between.)
Due to their frail body, using their abilities until they are drained will leave them to have fever / and will be out of commission for the next 3 days.

Desire:

(I may be so out of point with this.) They woke up with the strong desire to spill blood.They revel in being covered in blood. To quell the psychopathic tendencies they have adopted, they took up a job as a butcher in Pirn, a natural habitat for them. Once a year, They also take assassination requests, for their abilities were well suited for the profession. From experience, suppressing their desire causes nothing but a blood bath. They are always afraid that the desire might overcome them, the different human personalities they adopted throughout the years of shapeshifting also clashing with it, leading they to develop insomnia. They fear that they will kill the family they currently live with should they lose their consciousness.

Regarding Elsewhere:
The awareness that they lived elsewhere was like a muted buzz at the back of their mind. A white noise in the background. And if they were to try to "pierce" through, the thought would elude them. Having lived with it for 10 years, they have learnt to mute the thought, and simply let it be.

Though night had curtained the land, a small light illuminated the butcher shop. Morgan had stayed behind after the owners left. Sitting with legs apart upon the short stool, he leaned forward as his knife carefully, but skillfully skinned the lamb, blood dripping upon his face. His soul thrummed at the offering, and he hummed under his breath. It was Mother's favourite tune. It was also the last tune she sang for him. Deep in his trance, he barely paid any heed to his surroundings. It was not until he caught a sudden movement from the corner of his eyes, did he realise that another pair of eyes was watching him in the shadows.

Instinct kicked in. Without acknowledging the intruder, he stood up, and continued the task at hand. The only change he offered was the rise and fall of his chest. One. He took a deep breath, and released. Two. he took another. He counted each breath. Three His ears perked. The rustling of clothes could be heard from his left. Four. He could feel his body warming, his blood pumping. He could hear the intruder getting ready to attack. Five. As soon as it hit five, his crystal blue eyes dilated, and he flicked his wrist. Mist flooded the room, startling the intruder. They stopped in their tracks, their vision obscured.

Morgan took the chance with the intruder's momentary confusion to kick himself off the ground, hand deftly grabbing on to the beam above him. Standing at 6'0, it thankfully did not take much of a jump. He hoisted himself up, and perched upon the wooden plank. He observed the assassin who had their guard up, hands in front of their face, knife out. They were carefully inching towards his previous spot. His partially sated desire burned again.

Morgan grinned. And then, he breathed. Eyebrows furrowed as an image slowly formed in his mind. on the third count, he snapped his fingers. And a mist illusion of his stood behind them. The mist brushed they shoulder, and they swung, twirling. The illusion dissipated.

He released the beam and dropped behind them. The distraction of the illusion gave him enough time to situate himself. He barely dodged, free hand grabbing onto theirs mid swing. His own knife settled upon their neck, slightly piercing the skin as he stopped their turn. "Who sent you?"

"Hah!"Their free hand elbowed his side as they yanked their trapped hand as hard they could. "You will have to drag the answer out of my dead body." Morgan hissed, and staggered ever so slightly, his grip tightening.

"Fine." He pressed the knife into the skin, and cut across their jugular, blood spraying out. In quick succession, he began to stab chest multiple times, until they stopped struggling, body limp. He let them go, and stood there with the widest smile on his face, covered in blood.

Lookin good! I'm alright with the modifications in most of the lore due to it being a personal quirk, but I want to make a quick clarification on this bit:

This wouldn't be necessary/something I'd allow as it's an innate quality of the Changeling ability. Sure, you can study someone's quirks and personality to better impersonate them, but you're not about to impersonate someone that lives down the road from you and hope to get away with it.

Your desire is curious but I'm kinda down for it. A clarification though: did he "wake up" with the psychotic tendencies or did he adopt it from changing forms? Your mist-illusions will be relatively weak/non-complex when compared to other illusion based abilities, but I like the creativity therein.

And because I realize I never mentioned this, all Unveiled creatures can sense other Unveiled creatures unless alternative methods are taken to make them appear Veiled. I'll add this to the Lore page once I get a bit of free time!

Lookin good! I'm alright with the modifications in most of the lore due to it being a personal quirk, but I want to make a quick clarification on this bit:

This wouldn't be necessary/something I'd allow as it's an innate quality of the Changeling ability. Sure, you can study someone's quirks and personality to better impersonate them, but you're not about to impersonate someone that lives down the road from you and hope to get away with it.

Your desire is curious but I'm kinda down for it. A clarification though: did he "wake up" with the psychotic tendencies or did he adopt it from changing forms? Your mist-illusions will be relatively weak/non-complex when compared to other illusion based abilities, but I like the creativity therein.

And because I realize I never mentioned this, all Unveiled creatures can sense other Unveiled creatures unless alternative methods are taken to make them appear Veiled. I'll add this to the Lore page once I get a bit of free time!
"This wouldn't be necessary/something I'd allow as it's an innate quality of the Changeling ability. Sure, you can study someone's quirks and personality to better impersonate them, but you're not about to impersonate someone that lives down the road from you and hope to get away with it."

I suppose that I would need to clarify this: This is mainly for assassination jobs. While personalities are innate, they would still need study the dynamics between their target and the person they will impersonate. It's more of typical normal, schedule study, e.t.c.

I will change this part though, to avoid confusion.

"Your desire is curious but I'm kinda for it. A clarification though: did he "wake up" with the psychotic tendencies or did he adopt it from changing forms? "

It's a little bit more complicated than that.
Please correct my understanding if I am wrong about this:

- You mentioned: [as your characters have little backstory prior to their "reawakening" (they're basically amnesiacs) where they're but hollow shells with a singular burning desire.]

My understanding is that while they do not remember who they exactly were, the remnant of what they were is that desire. They have lost everything except for their biggest desire/need.

And because the source of fey lore for changelings remain quite vague here, I followed the fey lore I am interested in most; they are one of the most apathetic, selfish, violent creatures there is. Or more specifically, the fey of the Unseelie.

Morgan was likely one of the worst fey even in the unseelie. And he was therefore banished, and "cast" into the material plane. That was where the bloodlust came from. As fey had no moral values, he was simply a killer. Nothing psychopathic about it. And his first few killings on the Material Plane were simply him giving in to his desires, and he killed indiscriminately.

But the longer he was on the mortal plane, and after his encounter with a specific family, he learned the way of human. It started off as curiosity. And with the personality of the boy he currently has adopted as his "main" skin, things became more complicated. He learnt about emotions, how to be human, basically.

Psychopathic tendencies developed afterwards, when he learnt how to redirect his bloodlust. His natural disposition as fey is that he is quite apathetic towards those he does not consider to be "his". In a way. His "love" for Prenn and Sofia was the kind of love a psychopath could manage, if you get me. So you can say that it's both, along with the things he experienced.

"Your mist-illusions will be relatively weak/non-complex when compared to other illusion based abilities, but I like the creativity therein."

It is quite weak, still rather mist like, and not like the advanced form where you feel like you could really see the person. I do not know how to explain this. T.T The easiest way is that, they are like silhouettes. But yes, and the form cannot maintain shape once it has been disturbed.

"And because I realize I never mentioned this, all Unveiled creatures can sense other Unveiled creatures unless alternative methods are taken to make them appear Veiled. I'll add this to the Lore page once I get a bit of free time!"

I am guessing this refers to the part of Sofia and Prenn not knowing he's a changeling? My idea was that, while they do not know he was a changeling, they simply thought that he was a practitioner witch, with his mist ability. Unless you meant that they would know the type of unveiled creature the other person is?

Last edited:
@rissa So, I'm working on my audit, and I had a quick question: Is a witch able to turn into a vampire?

I was thinking of playing a damphire shaman/apocarry though he is cursed in his constant hunger for blood he is one of the good guys in the fact he doesn't want the land to burn out i'll flush this out some more open to other ideas as well.

@rissa So, I'm working on my audit, and I had a quick question: Is a witch able to turn into a vampire?

Rare but possible! And it has consequences: all of their magic and abilities save for their 'active power' will disappear upon reanimation. They do, however, seem to have resistance against sunlight; not entirely becoming 'daywalkers' but able to suffer small exposure with a quickened healing response. Curiously, there have been documented dhampir/witch hybrids, so the running theory is that the vampiric reanimation is what causes a witch to lose their magic.

I was thinking of playing a damphire shaman/apocarry though he is cursed in his constant hunger for blood he is one of the good guys in the fact he doesn't want the land to burn out i'll flush this out some more open to other ideas as well.

Hi! Dhampir's aren't usually 'cursed' in the sense you are thinking; they simply need blood to survive. If you'd like to play a cursed character, Watchers are the way to go!

Apologies for the late response, this got lost in my notifs and I only just scrolled up and noticed. @Lisianthus

I suppose that I would need to clarify this: This is mainly for assassination jobs. While personalities are innate, they would still need study the dynamics between their target and the person they will impersonate. It's more of typical normal, schedule study, e.t.c.

In this case, ye das perfect!

My understanding is that while they do not remember who they exactly were, the remnant of what they were is that desire. They have lost everything except for their biggest desire/need.

If that's how you interpret it, that's gucci with me, but I wouldn't say that's the "correct" interpretation. The lore here is vague for 2 reasons: players are not meant to know about the Fey and Elsewhere, period, due to the Veil that separates realms, and because I want players to have enough creative freedom as possible within said lore constraints.

Morgan was likely one of the worst fey even in the unseelie. And he was therefore banished, and "cast" into the material plane. That was where the bloodlust came from. As fey had no moral values, he was simply a killer. Nothing psychopathic about it. And his first few killings on the Material Plane were simply him giving in to his desires, and he killed indiscriminately.

Gunna have to ixnay this immediately unfortunately. I can't go into too much detail without revealing things that'll come IC, but suffice to say no players can be a direct descendent/a prior lifeform of/or directly related to the Seelie or Unseelie Court.

The overall concept though-- the bloodlust coming from the dark and shadowy places of the Unseelie Court is fine though. But think more typical changeling lore: he might've been kidnapped by a hag, forced to do unthinkable things... But you don't know! That's kinda the point of changelings though!

Psychopathic tendencies developed afterwards, when he learnt how to redirect his bloodlust. His natural disposition as fey is that he is quite apathetic towards those he does not consider to be "his". In a way. His "love" for Prenn and Sofia was the kind of love a psychopath could manage, if you get me. So you can say that it's both, along with the things he experienced.

He's not 'Fey' though, he's just a changeling! A subtle distinction, true, but important to remember. Everything here is mostly good though; it just needs a slight tweak. I think the angle's interesting though!

I am guessing this refers to the part of Sofia and Prenn not knowing he's a changeling? My idea was that, while they do not know he was a changeling, they simply thought that he was a practitioner witch, with his mist ability. Unless you meant that they would know the type of unveiled creature the other person is?

Practitioner witches wouldn't be able to summon/call mists the way Morgan can, that's much closer to a Witch's active power. And yes, while not all Unveiled can look at another and be 100% certain, most have been around long enough to discern the subtleties. Even so, from what you've described of Sofia and Prenn, I don't think they'd feel any less different if they knew he was a changeling. They are the 'lost souls' of the Mortal Plane.

Apologies for the late response, this got lost in my notifs and I only just scrolled up and noticed. @Lisianthus

In this case, ye das perfect!

If that's how you interpret it, that's gucci with me, but I wouldn't say that's the "correct" interpretation. The lore here is vague for 2 reasons: players are not meant to know about the Fey and Elsewhere, period, due to the Veil that separates realms, and because I want players to have enough creative freedom as possible within said lore constraints.

Gunna have to ixnay this immediately unfortunately. I can't go into too much detail without revealing things that'll come IC, but suffice to say no players can be a direct descendent/a prior lifeform of/or directly related to the Seelie or Unseelie Court.

The overall concept though-- the bloodlust coming from the dark and shadowy places of the Unseelie Court is fine though. But think more typical changeling lore: he might've been kidnapped by a hag, forced to do unthinkable things... But you don't know! That's kinda the point of changelings though!

He's not 'Fey' though, he's just a changeling! A subtle distinction, true, but important to remember. Everything here is mostly good though; it just needs a slight tweak. I think the angle's interesting though!

Practitioner witches wouldn't be able to summon/call mists the way Morgan can, that's much closer to a Witch's active power. And yes, while not all Unveiled can look at another and be 100% certain, most have been around long enough to discern the subtleties. Even so, from what you've described of Sofia and Prenn, I don't think they'd feel any less different if they knew he was a changeling. They are the 'lost souls' of the Mortal Plane.
Thank you for your clarification. I may have been researching a different lore on changeling. I knew making this character would be hard. I have no idea what I was thinking, taking on this endeavour. I will tweak it and send it over once again.

Last edited:
  • Hit Me in My FEELS
Im sorry if this may be a silly question. But do i send the skelly sheet directly to you? Or was just editing it fine?

Rare but possible! And it has consequences: all of their magic and abilities save for their 'active power' will disappear upon reanimation. They do, however, seem to have resistance against sunlight; not entirely becoming 'daywalkers' but able to suffer small exposure with a quickened healing response. Curiously, there have been documented dhampir/witch hybrids, so the running theory is that the vampiric reanimation is what causes a witch to lose their magic.

*sighs of relief* this is so relevant to me! So grateful Miharu asked that because I was gonna bring up a similar concept with my active power I'm still fleshing out, but their question basically answered any I had hehehe. The term dhampir/witch hybrid sounds ahhhhh! I might have to tweak my char and make him a hybrid, because I don't think his active power is fitting for a witch, but it makes perfect sense for a dhampir/witch hybrid. iirc you were open to players adding races to lore (that's how fairies came into play right?) would it be possible to add keeper's as a rare hybrid? I did intend for keepers to go through transformative rituals that produced their ability to cast signs as well as other attributes to help defend witches from vampires.

I guess I'll just spit out my active power idea now, since I'm already talking about it. cx but essentially, in ye olden times, higher witches looked to capture and contain vampires (no more than one at a time) and letting their Thirst take control in hopes to harness its bloodlust and deadly power and turn it into their own via ancient rituals. These tortuous experiments were a secret and extremely rare, perhaps one of a kind undertaking, separate from the slightly less severe transformation rituals that turned witches into keepers. The experiments were successful in creating a one of a kind active power exclusive to keepers, and the power itself is so niche and secret, its name was coined in battle, as keepers and witches alike dubbed the rare power wielders Ragers, characterized both by the frenzy those rare select few keepers exhibited in combat, as well as a distinct scent they give off when they fight.

"You can't stop. You put out a scent. I have only smelt it once or twice. We have a name for someone like you. You're a rager."

Ragers are essentially your typical Old Norse berserkers; said to have fought in a trance-like fury. It's an extremely rare class of keeper and since its birth, barely a handful of ragers have been documented in recorded history. Ragers are natural-born killers, capable of entering an adrenaline-induced trance in which their natural abilities are greatly enhanced. This trance, also known as "raging", allows ragers to perform feats of incredible power and skill. When ragers enter the trance, their vision splinters, until all they can see is their victim's most vulnerable points.

This gift does come with downsides, however. While raging, a rager is often incapable of controlling themselves, leading them susceptible to serious injury, due to no longer having a sense of self preservation. Raging also takes years of constant fighting to master and even then, ragers can find it difficult to control their violent urges, leading others to become wary of and ultimately reject them. Fresh ragers discovering their power for the first time usually faint after raging, until they have a better grasp on the gift.

With that being said, I know it sounds like a lot, maybe a little unbalanced. I'm trying to reel in that power by making it extremely rare and exclusive to select few keepers, as well as all the drawbacks mentioned, and it's also an active power I don't really intend to use, odd as that might sound. (I keep saying active power even though hybrids only have one power set in their sheet, hence why I never felt 'witch' was an appropriate classification for keepers, but I couldn't seem to fit them elsewhere.) My char wouldn't be aware he's a rager or even much of the concept itself, basically a myth among keepers and their respected covens, lodges and witches in the modern age. I imagined too, that if he ever found the opportunity to fully indulge himself in raging to its highest degree, he probably wouldn't survive, at the very least suffering extreme injury that would leave him unconscious or incapacitated, unfit to fight any longer. That's the whole concept, really, someone willing to take on a horde of Unveiled and bring down as many as they can with them, or at the very least keep them busy.

Between ragers, keepers and their ancient transformation rituals, there's still a lot to flesh out, I didn't want to present it all half-assed like this as I want you to get the full picture, but alas, been trynto find time for all of it, and failed. cx oops. But I'm eager to see what you think and open to any suggestions, and since I'm asking to have keepers on as a rare class of hybrid I'd be more than happy if anyone else wanted to play one alongside myself.

Last edited:
  • OMG
Reactions: MiharuAya and rissa
@Marceline Huh, funny coincidence, a secondary idea I was considering was a vampire researching the Thirst - specifically, if that state could be artificially reproduced or induced without hunger (the result of his research possibly being a stimulant/drug that he'd be very ambivalent about).

...Anyhow, I haven't even had the time to start putting down my primary idea till now, so idk if I'm ambitious enough to try and tackle something else on top of that. Just thought it was interesting, is all.

• Wicked
Reactions: marcy and rissa