The Undying Hunt - Creation Station & Sign Ups

11/25/22 // a small announcement:

outside of those i've spoken to and given extensions, i'm going to hesitantly classify the undying hunt as "closed" since the opening post is up and brainstorming/plotting is underway! i'm going to prefix the roleplay with by invitation only, however, with the caveat that anyone can join in on the narrative with us-- but our 'marked' ones are currently full! if you'd like to join in, post a skelly sheet here, and we'll storm to see where we can fit ya in.

Okay, here we go! Hope I was quick enough in getting this done.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't written in like three years so I am a little rusty! It was nice to do this again though, I hope y'all like!

Settling in Pirn had been both a curse and a blessing for Alexandra. The vampire had managed to learn a lot about herself, who she was and what she had become; all the while witnessing the expansion and growth of the small mining community, she decided to call home. Despite having suffered pain and loss that was practically heart-shattering, had her heart been beating; it was those same emotions and circumstances that had helped her become the person she now was. Confident and strong, albeit perhaps a little hubristic and brash but also supportive, and loyal to a fault. Of course, she still had her fears, people that claimed they had no fears were liars. Lexi knew that she had to keep that dreaded thirst at bay. She knew that she could so easily be consumed by it within seconds, it was terrifying, almost frightening enough to keep people at bay, to not allow anyone to get too close, despite wanting to be close to others. Worries aside Alexandra did her best to accept her fate and live her life to the fullest, boons, curses, and all.

Having spent a couple centuries living within Pirn, Alexandra Lykaios eventually established 'Arcadia Properties' the property management corporation behind a large sum of land and buildings within the town itself. At a glance, the hazel-eyed, five-foot ten brunette doesn't necessarily exude property mogul vibes, often seen dressed in dark denims, leathers and casual-wear almost make it seem as if she doesn't care for appearances, a fact.

1. How did your character die as a human? What were the circumstances of their rebirth?

Alexandra was a victim to of a group of Ottoman soldiers raiding her village in Northern Greece. They broke into her family home in an attempt to take away any young women. She savagely fought the soldiers in order to keep them away from her younger sister. It seemed that the stench of death and fresh blood called to the nearest vampire, a man who happened to be the captain of the group.

Alexandra wasn't aware nor prepared for what was about to happen, the last she could remember was that she had been left to bleed out, forced to watch the soldiers walk away with her sister. When she came to after being turned and in an incredibly weakened state she was taken by the captain and the two were quick to join the rest of the group. Eventually she was placed in a cell, opposite her sister. A painfully sweet scent lingering in the air as she began to suffer from a dry scratchy throat and an insatiable hunger.

2. Every vampire has a dominant physical trait, which is yours?

Born a fighter, it seems that even in Alexandra's unlife, her body stuck to what it knew. Lexi feels she has yet to face anyone that has been a challenge, in the physical sense. It seems like her strength thus-far in her travels has gone unmatched.

3. What are your characters strengths and weaknesses, outside of (or in spite of) what's already been written?

Alexandra is very sensitive to the smell of blood, fresh blood especially. It instantly garners her attention and makes it difficult to resist the gut twisting need to feed. Although she has spent a lot of time learning how to keep her thirst at bay, it is still incredibly hard to do so when fresh human or witch blood is spilled. Lex does her best to keep her hunger in check with blood bags, so that it's easier to fight the urge when it arises. It tends to work for the most part, but she's found that the blood bags do not fully satisfy her. Once a month she has to hunt or consume live blood as she likes to call it. Stopping herself is the hard part.

Lexi is most confident in her physical capabilities. Strength being her top skill and durability following in as a close second. Her speed and agility lack the same prowess as the aforementioned traits, turning them into her weakest, at least compared to other vampires and even some of the other unveiled. Although it has been noted by Lexi that immense feats of strength* are incredibly draining. She does tend to require a large sum of blood or rest after the fact, to essentially return to her full strength.

*let me know what you think would fall under this category.

Before crossing the ocean, while travelling through Eastern Europe, Alexandra assisted a caravan that was being assaulted by an Ottoman troop. After leaving behind a bloodbath, she was offered payment from their elder, a finely crafted silver ring. Being forced to take it, Lexi eventually discovered that the piece of jewellery held special properties. The ring somehow allowed her to walk in the sun. She didn't question how or why; she simply accepted this fact. She eventually discovered that there was a cost to wearing the ring. While on, it would dampen her supernatural abilities and keep her thirst at bay, but upon removing the ring her hunger would grow to borderline primal thirst, as if her body was demanding to catch up for missed time.

4. Of the mental abilities listed, which is your character more in-tune with? What are their strengths and weaknesses?

Alexandra's mental abilities are her generally her weakest. Her compulsion tends to influence emotions and behavior although she barely has a grasp on it functions and hasn't spent much time seeking a mentor or trying to learn about them herself. Lexi has no qualms with simply intimidating her subjects. It's safer than having her compulsion back-fire and possibly cause her target to do the opposite of what she intends.

Do you ever get the feeling that you're being watched? The internal question was proceeded by a halt in her nonchalant pace, the hairs on the back of her neck standing to attention. Worn soles scuffed against the pavement, dirt and debris slightly disturbed as she turned to fully face the ominously blacked out alley. With her hands shoved into her pockets she leaned forward and narrowed her gaze. Peering into the darkness yielded nothing. There was no movement, no sound, not even a— heartbeat? The statement in her mind turned into a question as a flash of actions took place in a short amount of time. Completing an inhuman one-eighty at the subtle sound of movement, Alexandra had but a fraction of a second to step back. Instinct kicked in as her right arm shot out to grapple with the assailant. A bone crushing grip wrapping around the attacker's wrist as he was violently pulled downwards, her knee coming up and slamming into the man's face. Lexi watched her attacker fly through the air, two bounces against the pavement before he slid to an eventual halt, a small cloud of dust settling around the still form of the black tactical garbed man.

Alexandra's snarling expression settled as she clenched her jaw with a sharp exhale. Shoving her hands back into her coat pockets she walked towards the sprawled out form. Pushing back the dryness that was beginning to form in her throat, she circled the man once as she fought against the hungering twinge in her stomach. Lowering herself next to the man, Alexandra turned his head to face her as she removed the soaked balaclava and tried to find any form of distinguishing features across his face. A nigh impossible task under the bloody mess she had created. A sound of frustration and an utter of annoyance escaped her as she began to pat him down for anything that could help her identify him. "Questions first Lexi…" She reminded herself in a heavily accented and mocking tone.

Other than what clearly seemed to be an array of items and weapons intended to eradicate a vampire, Alexandra could find nothing to identify the man who laid there, steps away from deaths door. Dragging him towards a wall and placing him in a seated position, the brunette looked around cautiously before pulling out her cellphone and pacing for a moment, her thumb lingering over a single contact. Clicking on 'Zoe', Lex lowered herself to a squat as the line began to ring. Looking down at her bloody hand, the brunette couldn't help but bring it up to her lips. Licking her thumb as the line was answered, the vampire almost stumbled backwards before regaining her balance and eventually standing up.

"Hey Lex, what's going on?"

"Mm— Hey Zoe! I uh, I am kind of in need some help here. I've had a bit of a run-in with someone who seemed to have ill-intentions and—"

There was a sigh and a small chuckle that sent mixed signals to the vampire as an expression of confusion came across her features. Before Alexandra could continue her explanation, Zoe was responding. "Don't go too far, I'll be there shortly."

"Thanks." The vampire responded and turned away from the unconscious man.

A faint glow bloomed in the corner of her eye, a sign that she was free to go. Glancing over her shoulder, Lexi spotted the blonde approaching the man. With a nod to herself she turned away and walked out of the back alley and onto the city streets. The clicking sound of a flickering light had her attention, looking to her left, she found herself staring into a laundromat, her gaze momentarily shifting to the right, a familiar, slightly eroded logo engraved into a square of concrete. Looking up the face of the building she raised a brow, turning her attention towards the alley she had just come from Alexandra backpedaled as she peered down the side of the building with a sigh. "I guess I should fix that light." She muttered before continuing down the street.
she's lookin great! my only qualm is that morena's ring(s) don't have any drawbacks; so if you tweak that to being smth more,,, mental/trauma related, everything looks good to go n u can gib me that full sheet!

On paper, she is legally named Maria Fernanda González Ramos, though the diminutive woman is more than happy to respond to any of her four names. The Colombian first moved to Pirn fifteen years ago from Sante Fe, but how long she has actually been in the U.S. is a question she has declined to answer. The Guide is significantly older than perhaps a few of her seraphic peers, but her passion and overwhelming love for her sacred service and people has kept her going strong over the decades. A keen, patient listener, she spends most of her time as a counselor for troubled youths; she worries about dark entities corrupting those who are pure-hearted, and the last thing she wants is for a tragedy to befall Pirn such as the one in her native hometown.

Is your Guide young in the way of guiding or are they experienced?

Maria has been a guide since 1952, giving her roughly seventy or so years experience of guiding. She has had several charges during her tenure.

what are the visual and sensory cues of your characters powers?

A soothing warmth exudes from Maria's body in the wake of all her seraphic powers. When she dematerializes, there is a sudden burst of light framing her; within the light, the outline of angelic wings and a halo-like glow above her head and at her wrists. The glow shimmers and gleams as she fades, until naught is left but stars in one's eyes.

When Maria heals, a glowing outline of a flower blooms from her palms, the petals pointed towards the targeted area. Depending on the type of injury, the target will either feel a cold or warm effect of the healing application on their body.

strengths and weakness regarding their power set

Of the three, Maria is most comfortable with her ability of telepathic sensing. Before she was reborn, she’d always felt like she had a sixth sense about those she cared about, and it seems this was merely amplified once she returned to Earth. Her longevity has equipped her to be a truly well-rounded Guide. If there was one ability she had to pick as her weakest, it would be her dematerialization skill, more specifically when it comes to use on individuals besides herself. The more people she has to teleport, the slower the process becomes.

what is their cardinal trigger? how does it affect their healing abilities?

First a Christian, now a spiritual guide, the calling of a holy spirit upon herself has not left her daily rituals. On each finger, Maria wears two gold bands, each to mark a separate saint or figure of kindness. Because religious figures (most prominently Jesus) marked deep, genuine love with a kiss, Maria cups her hands together and kisses the palms before extending them towards a ward for healing.

Your character must (create, perform, or halt) a ritual. how do they do it?

Finding Nancy Killigan used to take an hour at a time. Now the woman’s location came to her in a mere instant, and soon after Maria was there, glancing up from a once sun-kissed setting to the rain falling between her lashes, pouring onto her skin and to the cracked concrete below. Rain, like love, covered a multitude of faults. Nancy’s house had grown worn and dilapidated in the years Maria had been away. Her eyes went to the peeling siding, the old, rusted screen door, and to the windows, shuttered and clouded with dirt and cobwebs.

It was quiet inside. There was a tense, tepid air within, as if the very house was holding its breath, an occasional sigh escaping from the wood beneath her feet as the woman moved throughout the home. She found remnants of Nancy here and there beneath the age and dirt. The old piano still sat in the corner of the empty dining room, and the living room–bare of basic furniture–still had most of the family photos on the walls. Maria leaned in, brushing the dust off of one in particular; it was Nancy as a child in a black and white still. She was holding up a fish, and there were two women on either side of her. Nancy’s mother was equally recognizable; the other shorter woman with even shorter hair was instantly more familiar. Maria looked at herself in that image, at the ageless smile that continued to repeat over the years.

Nancy’s smile had changed so much from then.

The line of photos ended at the bedroom door. Maria pushed the door open slowly, her eyes softening at the wizened figure sitting up in the bed. The old woman was sleeping; each breath rattled through her chest with difficulty, her bony features protruding from her face from beneath sunken eyes. When Maria sat at her side, the woman did not so much as stir, not until she gently prodded. The rattling breaths stopped. One eye cracked open, then the other.

Maria was smiling sadly.

“Hello, my child. I’ve come to soothe your pain.”

A struggling gasp. “Is it time?”

“Almost. Come, Nancy.”

Gently, Maria kissed her hands and placed them over Nancy’s, a healing glow emanating from her palms.

u TOO

she's lookin great! my only qualm is that morena's ring(s) don't have any drawbacks; so if you tweak that to being smth more,,, mental/trauma related, everything looks good to go n u can gib me that full sheet!

Just to make sure I understood properly haha, I'm removing the 'cost' of wearing the ring and finding a way to tie it into something else? Like a trauma/mental thing?

The ring simply keeps her safe in the sun.

I'll try to see what I can come up with, but I am also totally open to thoughts/opinions on what you think is fair/acceptable to do for the character/plot :D

The ring simply keeps her safe in the sun.

correct; am i wrong in assuming this is one of morena's ancient rings? if i am, then perhaps it's a "knock off" version of the ancient ring, whose benefit required a cost in construction.

edit: // in which case its good to go!

Last edited:
Well yes, I took my sweet, sweet time.

In Greenpeaks Park one might meet a young boy and his dog introduced as Jonathan and Padfoot. No one really knows what family Jonathan belongs to, or what his exact age is, or where he lives, they just know he is there. No one is really sure of what breed Padfoot is, though calling Padfoot a vagabond also seems to be an insult. Everyone knows that Jonathan and Padfoot are inseparable and everyone in Pirn, young and old, has a story to tell about Jonathan from their own youth, or a boy like Jonathan, for Jonathan couldn’t have remained a boy forever.

Aisling is a fairy tied to the natural wonder located in Greenpeaks Park, specifically the Praying Circle, a circle of trees that bow to each other as if praying. It is a popular and well-honoured spot by the people of Pirn, where couples and families have visited for as long as Pirn remembers. It has given Aisling an unique glimpse into the lives of humans, about the way they age and the way they love, and about their greatest four legged friend that will faithfully return ball, stick, and more; the dog.

Hybrid classification: Fairy

Racial features: Aisling is coloured like the trees of the Prayer Circle she is tied to serve. Spring can be found in her eyes, a young budding yellow-green, sometimes a deep full green when passion sets in and the heat of the moment warms her skin. Dotted across a sunkissed background, blooming like the blossoms scattering in the wind are her freckles that reminiscences the passing of spring that flows into summer, accompanied with a full bush of curls that are coloured something that looks red at times, then mostly a deep brown, and at other times strikes more as a dirty gold, like the bold confusion of autumn. Winter is not forgotten in her appearance. Like the sturdiest winterflower her nail and lips are coloured like their petals, at times a striking red, other times a pale white, and sometimes a deep dark black, for winter is the season of rest and even the mightiest tree needs to retreat into itself.

Transform: Though she jokingly names the moon as her power, Aisling’s transformation holds no tie to the light of the moon, or the phase it is in. Her wings change depending on the season in which she transforms. Young leaves and budding branches when in spring, fully green with fruits for summer, while autumn gives her the most colourful pair of wings to fly with, and winter the most elegant pair, for who can forget the beauty of the branches that carries all that colour throughout the year?

Power set:
Glamour: When Aisling wishes to appear as human she chooses the form of Jonathan. It is the appearance of a young boy, no older than elementary school age, with a mischievous smile and vibrant red hair and the warmest brown eyes. A perfectly normal boy, other than that he appears in the stories of many who have spent their childhood in Greenpeaks Park. It is a hefty glamour, strengthened with the help of the familiar that protects the Prayer Circle with Aisling, an existence of no true form, other than a compressed matter of everywhereness of past guards of the Circle. Strongest while near and in Greenpeaks Park, for that’s its territory, it is one of the reasons why Jonathan never steps out of the park, for the glamour becomes unstable once outside, for the familiar holds no corporal form to maintain, for the age of the everywhereness that it is composed of has already passed, other than in memory edged within the Prayer Circle, their natural wonder.

Dominant ability
Tongues: The ability to speak and understand any language is an unconscious ability that Aisling continued to cultivate as she grew as a fairy and explored more. Specifically with trees, for trees are all connected and are old and wise by the time they turn into trees and full of stories. Her biggest drawback in this is, however, that Aisling also tends to hear all of the gossip, coming from both trees and birds, which isn’t always as easy to ignore, which in turn is also her strength, as Aisling is never not informed. Unfortunately, this also means filtering the information she receives, and unfortunately for her, trees don’t move around much, resulting in their gossip and information to be both unreliable and outdated by the time she has figured out what is truth and what isn’t.

Natural Wonder
The Prayer Circle is, as the name suggests, a circle of old trees bending towards each other like a prayer and a house within Greenpeaks Park. Some are chestnut trees, others are sturdy oaks, but all are unique in personality and rich in story as they are sturdy. Being located in the park the Prayer Circle has been a popular spot for couples looking for some shaded privacy in summer, while many families have come to pick up the chestnuts and acorns in autumn, while spring has it littered with families coming out for a picnic. One constant that has always maintained itself is the appearance of humans and their dogs, faithful as ever as observed by the forces that protect the set of trees and draw their power from it.

Familiar: As a wonder that has been around for longer than most fairies guarding it currently, and older than Aisling is, it is a wonder that has been passed down through the fairies, soaked up in history and the energy of every guardian it had before, their everywhereness manifests itself into a familiar, an entity of no true form, tied to the very essence of the wonder able to manifest itself within the area at the whim of the fairies that guard it currently. The familiar is at its strongest within Greenpeaks Park, hence why it is able to transform into Padfoot, the dog, but otherwise has no true form to hold, other than that it is an essence, a sensation and a consciousness of the wonder to which Aisling is tied both spiritually as she is sensory.

How up to date is Aisling?
As a fairy guarding the Prayer Circle Aisling has observed the way human relationships have developed and changed. She has observed how dogs have been the most loyal of friends, and how they bring strangers together for a shared fondness for the animals. She has learned how the relationships between humans have transformed from rigid customs to something more casual. She has observed to pick up on their common jokes such as ‘memes’, however, she hasn’t learnt how to manage a computer, or how to use a switch, just as she barely understands why humans are looking down at their phones so often when there is so much more to see and understand in the world around them, or why children don’t seem to come out quite as much anymore.

Fairies prolly have 1 or 2 spells they learn over the course of their lives, what has Aisling learned?

‘Tree, what do your branches see!’ - It usually isn’t recommended to speak to a tree in memes, they grow rather grumpy when that happens, but she does have the ability to see and sense through trees. A little bit of spyware, fairy style. The biggest drawback is that she needs to touch the same type of tree, as the tree that she is trying to spy from. Wood doesn’t work, for wood is a dead tree, and unrooted.

‘Take me through your roots.’ - If Aisling asks politely (which she always does) she can travel through trees, or at least speed up her travel. An ideal ability to have for when she wants to play hide and seek as Jonathan, or when she decides she just has enough. However, it can only take her so far, usually no further than the other side of Pirn. It makes for an excellent scare, as it wouldn’t be the first time Aisling used this form of transportation to quickly scare those who don’t hold trees in any regard.

01. your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?

It was Padfoot that signalled her, an itching sensation in the back of her mind and an urgent call for her to come to its side. A sensation that Aisling later understood to be sympathy coming from the familiar, as somewhere, within its essence of everywhereness it did carry the memories of all who had been before her, now lost to time and in form.

“Here,” she speaks, placing both her hands flat on the soil, a sign of submission as she crouches down through her knees, her familiar itching closer carefully, soaking up the anger and the fear, the unfairness of its loss of corporal mass, of its right to exist, the lamentation of the time lost and it's inevitable departure.

“You can stay with us, if you like,” Aisling offers, the spirit still trashing and still angry and afraid, but much calmer now at the promise that it is allowed to stay, however temporary, the knowledge of being welcome enough to calm it down. “I can give you a cutting, and another once it roots, as many as you like,” she continues, knowing that cuttings without roots were perfect hosts for those who had lost their place.

The way the spirit resigns to the solution offered tells Aisling that one cutting will be enough, but that a party was needed, for even passing over was worth a celebration.

correct; am i wrong in assuming this is one of morena's ancient rings? if i am, then perhaps it's a "knock off" version of the ancient ring, whose benefit required a cost in construction.

I don't mind making it one of Morena's rings if that's something you prefer.

I was just using the 'cost' as a way to balance/keep Lexi cautious of it's use and give her kind of a debuff when wearing it. Only cause I'm not quite sure what the limits are to a vampire's physical capabilities and in turn what the limit is to Alexandra's strength as well.

I don't mind making it one of Morena's rings if that's something you prefer.

I was just using the 'cost' as a way to balance/keep Lexi cautious of it's use and give her kind of a debuff when wearing it. Only cause I'm not quite sure what the limits are to a vampire's physical capabilities and in turn what the limit is to Alexandra's strength as well.

it's just a lore thing :p

we do whateva u prefer within lore round here

i'm always down for interesting debuffs or ways to balance out characters, so if that's what yer going for, i'm down to ride

i'm always down for interesting debuffs or ways to balance out characters, so if that's what yer going for, i'm down to ride

If you've got a specific limit in mind for a vampire's physical capabilities, just lemme know. If it's high enough to garner a debuff then I will go with the knock-off that has a cost, if the limit to a vampires's strength isn't too crazy then I can just make it one of Morena's rings for lore purposes. Either works for me in the end and I think it'll be fun regardless of which option I end up going with! :)
Thanks for the quick feedback/responses btw, it's much appreciated! :D

If you've got a specific limit in mind for a vampire's physical capabilities, just lemme know. If it's high enough to garner a debuff then I will go with the knock-off that has a cost, if the limit to a vampires's strength isn't too crazy then I can just make it one of Morena's rings for lore purposes. Either works for me in the end and I think it'll be fun regardless of which option I end up going with! :)
Thanks for the quick feedback/responses btw, it's much appreciated! :D

i think we can use a tank, tbh, so i'm okay with lexi being able to deal/take heavy damage

and np lmao, i am thankfully home and around rn!!!

• Love
Reactions: Huntress
hey guys! i'm workin on da opening post, but in da meantime, here's the discord link

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: MiharuAya
Name: Alexandra Lykaios
Nickname: Lex or Lexi (prefers Lex)
Titles/Alias: WIP
D.O.B: March 16th, 1790

Physical appearance: Standing at five-foot ten and a fairly lean one-hundred and seventy-eight pounds, it is safe to say that Alexandra is somewhat of a physically intimidating woman. Her hair is a deep mocha chocolate brown in colour, wavy, and falls just past her clavicle. It’s typically kept unkempt, or tied up in either a bun or ponytail. Her eyes are a warm hazel that hold a deep sorrow, and also begin to turn into a bloody red the more her thirst grows. She has no piercings, and few scars as her condition doesn’t really allow her skin to scar, or at least not easily. The most prominent scar she has is a deep puncturing blade wound on the lower left side of her stomach. Her fangs are subtle but evident even outside of feeding/hunting. Her skin was once a deep, warm olive tone, typical of someone born in the Mediterranean, but now it’s become a duller, more lackluster version of it. A strong grecian nose and squared jaw support a generally fierce face.

Fashion-wise Lexi dresses very casually. Her preference tends to lay in jeans, t-shirts and button-ups, with boots and leather coats or jackets. When she’s in the comfort of her home she opts for shorts and tanks or sweats and oversized tees.

Personality Traits: Confident | Loyal | Supportive | Brash | Sarcastic | Emotional

Drives: To be in full control of herself and use this curse to help both veiled and unveiled alike.

Fears: Becoming a cold, bloodthirsty monstrosity, again.

Hobbies: Photography | Playing/Listening to music (Pontian Lyra and Violin) | Taking Walks | Cooking | Reading

Occupation and any relating lore: Alexandra is the owner of Arcadia Properties, a corporation behind a good chunk of land and buildings within Pirn. It was in the early 20th century that she began making investments into property within and around the town. A smart and somewhat easy way for her to make a consistent income throughout her life in Pirn while also helping citizens of the town.

• How did your character die as a human? What were the circumstances of their rebirth?
Alexandra was a victim to of a group of Ottoman soldiers raiding her village in Northern Greece. They broke into her family home in an attempt to take away any young women. She savagely fought the soldiers in order to keep them away from her younger sister. It seemed that the stench of death and fresh blood called to the nearest vampire, a man who happened to be the captain of the group.

Alexandra wasn’t aware nor prepared for what was about to happen, the last thing she could remember was that she had been left to bleed out, forced to watch the soldiers walk away with her sister. When she came to after being turned and in an incredibly weakened state she was taken by the captain and the two were quick to join the rest of the group. Eventually she was placed in a cell, opposite her sister. A painfully sweet scent lingering in the air as she began to suffer from a dry scratchy throat and an insatiable hunger.​
  • Every vampire has a dominant physical trait, which is yours?
Born a fighter, it seems that even in Alexandra’s unlife, her body stuck to what it knew. Lexi feels she has yet to face anyone that has been a challenge, in the physical sense. It seems like her strength thus-far in her travels has gone unmatched.​
  • What are your characters strengths and weaknesses, outside of (or in spite of) what's already been written?
Alexandra is very sensitive to the smell of blood, fresh blood especially. It instantly garners her attention and makes it difficult to resist the gut twisting need to feed. Although she has spent a lot of time learning how to keep her thirst at bay, it is still incredibly hard to do so when fresh human or witch blood is spilled. Lex does her best to keep her hunger in check with blood bags, so that it’s easier to fight the urge when it arises. It tends to work for the most part, but she’s discovered that the blood bags do not fully satisfy her. She’s found that at minimum, she must hunt at least once a month to consume live blood as she likes to call it. Stopping herself is the hard part.

Lexi is most confident in her physical capabilities. Strength being her top skill and durability following in as a close second. Her speed and agility lack the same prowess as the aforementioned traits, turning them into her weakest, at least compared to other vampires and even some of the other unveiled. Although it has been noted by Lexi that immense feats of strength are incredibly draining. She does tend to require a large sum of blood or rest after the fact, to essentially return to her full strength.

Before crossing the ocean, while travelling through Eastern Europe, Alexandra assisted a caravan that was being assaulted by an Ottoman troop. After leaving behind a bloodbath, she was offered payment from their elder, a finely crafted silver ring. Being forced to take it, Lexi eventually discovered that the piece of jewellery held special properties. The ring somehow allowed her to walk in the sun. She didn’t bother to question how or why; she simply accepted this fact and the gift that it truly was.​
  • Of the mental abilities listed, which is your character more in-tune with? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
Alexandra’s mental abilities are generally her weakest. Her compulsion tends to influence emotions and behavior although she barely has a grasp on how it functions and hasn’t spent much time seeking a mentor or trying to learn about them herself. Lexi has no qualms with simply intimidating her subjects. It’s safer than having her compulsion back-fire and possibly cause her target to do the opposite of what she intends.​

Last edited:
Oh man, I stumbled upon this too late. When I read the interest check it gave me classic Charmed vibes and I loved that was the a piece of the inspiration. This looks really cool and I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure!

Oh man, I stumbled upon this too late. When I read the interest check it gave me classic Charmed vibes and I loved that was the a piece of the inspiration. This looks really cool and I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure!

You're more than welcome to join us-- Our "Marked" characters are currently full, but there are plenty of Unveiled within the community of Pirn! If you wanna throw down a skelly sheet and hop in the Discord, I'm sure we can 'storm smth up!

You're more than welcome to join us-- Our "Marked" characters are currently full, but there are plenty of Unveiled within the community of Pirn! If you wanna throw down a skelly sheet and hop in the Discord, I'm sure we can 'storm smth up!
Sounds good! I think I have an idea cooking.
I don't see the discord though - did I miss it?

Sounds good! I think I have an idea cooking.
I don't see the discord though - did I miss it?

hey guys! i'm workin on da opening post, but in da meantime, here's the discord link

Right here! Lemme know if the link is borked!

“Wyatt Whitlock… he was fiercely protective of those he loved. He was courageous and none of us were surprised when he became a paramedic. He was just so natural with people and he had such an uncanny ability to understand them. All he wanted to do was help people and it was that passion that truly motivated him. Wyatt was such a beautiful young man, inside and out. People always told me that he looked a lot like me with his dark hair and uniquely hazel eyes. He was tall though and no one knew where he got that from. And he had this scar on his eyebrow where hair wouldn’t grow anymore. He got it when he was young, well before his sister Serena was born. He was trying to climb up this tree all by himself…. He was so stubborn. Wyatt’s biggest fear was not being able to protect the people he cared about most… but he was always protecting us... and in the end, he gave his life to do just that. Wyatt, may the light Guide you home now. Rest in peace, my beautiful son.”

is your guide young in the ways of guiding or are they experienced?
Wyatt has been a Guide for nineteen years now. He has had the privilege of having a few charges.

strengths and weaknesses regarding their power set
Wyatt was once a gifted healer but following a tragedy with one of his charges, he lost what other people said was a natural talent for him. He now struggles to heal even the most basic of wounds. In an effort to make up for his shortcomings, he worked tirelessly at perfecting his dematerialization technique. Wyatt is capable of transporting people without being bound by touch. He is able to transport up to two people this way and even more when physical contact is established. Wyatt can also dematerialize and materialize quickly. His telepathic abilities are only slightly above average given his experience as a Guide.

what are the visual and sensory cues of your character's powers?
When Wyatt dematerializes, ethereal light particles that are reminiscent of ice blue, almost silver, and amethyst-like purples are pulled into his body until his entire body is solid light. The light then dissolves into particles that fly away. The same effect occurs when Wyatt is teleporting other people.

Healing does not share the same impact as when Wyatt dematerializes. Instead, a faint glow radiates from his hands in the same colours that appear when he dematerializes. The light grows stronger and outlines himself and the person he is healing the more successful it is.

what is their cardinal trigger? how does it affect their healing abilities?
This will be PM'd to you.

Prompt #01 your character encounters a spirit, looking lost and (scared or angry); how does your character react? do they try and help or do they simply pass them by?

”Mommy…” a small voice echoed along the rock-crusted buildings that lined the alleyway until it reached the only other soul standing in the street. Wyatt found himself standing in front of the laneway. His shoulders were squared to the shadowy path before him as the unsteady voice sounded for a second time. Whatever it was, he couldn’t help his legs carrying him toward it as the voice drew him in.

Wyatt stepped as though the ground was a pond that had only just frozen over. As he drew closer a familiar sound brushed his ears - it was faint, trembling, and frightened. It was the sound of a child’s tears. A boy was crouched In the middle of the alley. His small hands were clutching his lifeless cheeks as his shoulders bobbed with each choking sob. This boy was no longer living. He was another soul, lost and alone.

“Hey…” Wyatt’s knee met the cold ground next to the boy. “I know you’re scared but I’m here now.”

Uneasy eyes peered at Wyatt behind shaky fingers. “Who are you?” the boy asked with a whimper.

“My name is Wyatt and I’m here to help you..” He outstretched his hand gingerly toward the small boy. “Don’t be scared. You’re not alone anymore.”

The boy reached for Wyatt and when his hand found Wyatt’s, his tears stopped and the fright that was once in his eyes melted away. The boy no longer looked at Wyatt with uneasy eyes. There was an understanding behind them now. “I’m not going home… am I?”

“No…” Wyatt said with a gentle smile that hid away the ache he felt for the child. “...but I will guide you to the light.”

Wyatt helped the boy to his feet and the two stood side by side in the alleyway. Childlike eyes looked up at him as the boy’s small hand squeezed his. “Thank you” his small voice echoed as a soft mixture of icy blue and ethereal purple light surrounded the two before it coalesced into their bodies and slowly dissolved into the breeze that carried them away.

Last edited:
Wyatt Whitlock

Wyatt Whitlock
November 3rd, 1972
28 (perceived age)

physical appearance:
Wyatt is a tall young man, standing in at 6'4", and although he is muscular no one would describe him as imposing. He dresses his lean frame in a dark wash or black denim jeans and plain tees in black, white, and heathered greys or muted blues, greens, and maroon. Wyatt has an assortment of button-ups that he will cycle through in various colours and patterns with a few basic zip-ups and pullovers but he never leaves the house without his signature black leather jacket, although there are occasions where he will opt for a black pea coat.

At a young twenty-eight years old, the flesh at the corner of his eyes creased when he smiles. It is an endearing trait for someone his age that many people have said has a calming effect on them that was only intensified by the warm meld of greys and light browns and flecks of gold in his uniquely hazel eyes. Above his left eye, he has a scar on his eyebrow where hair no longer grows.

Wyatt has a natural wave to his rich brown hair that he tames by keeping it short on the sides. He has the barber cut in layers in volume on top that allows him to style it when he feels inspired. Wyatt will alternate between styled and unstyled hair depending on his mood just as he alternates between clean-shaven and a five o'clock shadow.

personality traits:
Empathetic | Easygoing | Perceptive | Protective | Courageous | Obsessive | Reckless | Stubborn | Suspicious |

drives:
Helping others and protecting those he loves.

fears:
Not being able to protect those who are important to him and failing the people he loves. Wyatt is also afraid that his family will forget him over time and he is scared of the day he has to live in a world without them.

hobbies:
guitar | rock climbing | singing | reading

Wyatt is a paramedic and has been for many years.

race specific questions:
is your guide young in the ways of guiding or are they experienced?
Wyatt has been a Guide for twenty-one years now. He has had the privilege of having a few charges.

strengths and weaknesses regarding their power set
Wyatt was once a gifted healer but following a tragedy with one of his charges, he lost what other people said to be a natural talent. He now struggles to heal even the most basic of wounds. In an effort to make up for his shortcomings, he worked tirelessly at perfecting his dematerialization technique. Wyatt is capable of transporting people without being bound by touch. He is able to transport up to two people this way and even more when physical contact is established. Wyatt can also dematerialize and materialize quickly. His telepathic abilities are only slightly above average given his experience as a Guide.

what are the visual and sensory cues of your character's powers?
When Wyatt dematerializes, ethereal light particles that are reminiscent of ice blue, almost silver, and amethyst-like purples are pulled into his body until his entire body is solid light. The light then dissolves into particles that fly away. The same effect occurs when Wyatt is teleporting other people.

Healing does not share the same impact as when Wyatt dematerializes. Instead, a faint glow radiates from his hands in the same colours that appear when he dematerializes. The light grows stronger and outlines himself and the person he is healing the more successful it is.

Made by Lisianthus

Hello, wissa. :P

• Ashton Lovejoy is a lifelong resident of Pirn, his parents having moved there a few years before he was born, and so he was raised in its nestled hollows and safe enclaves, unwittingly walking by the Unveiled every day. A sweet kid with a ready smile, bright attitude, and easygoing nature, he excelled in school and seemed to sail through much of life. However, a fateful hike in the woods with his father during his senior year of college would end in disaster — his father missing — and Ashton Cursed… or Blessed. To tell the truth, Ashton can’t tell the difference, as he has little memory of what happened that day, found incoherent and babbling by the side of the road outside of Pirn. Two years later, he is struggling to come to grips with his newfound abilities and finding his place in the Unveiled Community as a PA at the local hospital.

• blessed/cursed or familial line of watchers?

describe the type of watcher your character is. were they directly blessed/cursed, or has it traveled down through the family line? what is the blessing/curse? Ashton is definitely newly Cursed/Blessed, so not familial. His family is otherwise an extremely normal set of people hailing from Spokane, Washington. His abilities revolve around the fears of others — he can empathize on a supernatural level with a being’s fears, embodying them, and then taking them away. People often feel more confident and, well, fearless in his presence, able to do what they normally would never have the guts to try. However, the drawback is twofold- Ashton experiences that fear as his own now, creating something of an eidolon magnet.

power set

what is their power, other than what has been described? does it have any visual or sensory effects? what's its strengths and weaknesses, creative uses and potential for growth, if any? If God can be afraid, what power would that give you? No, but seriously, it is a great fact-finding tool for Ashton to better understand the people around him, and in some ways, it makes him a potent negotiator, so long as he can keep his focus, as he’s distinctly aware of what a person is afraid of, what would persuade them most, and even what their plans were as they attempt to mitigate that fear. It’s humanized quite a lot of the Unveiled to him, too, as they’re not immune, and he finds their fears are often as mundane as his own. The ability is draining, however, and not entirely under his control, plus the issue of attracting eidolons like a lightning rod. He is slowly learning offensive uses, like reflecting fears back onto someone, but it’s not in his nature to do that.

what makes your watcher powerful enough to stand beside a fully unveiled character? Physically, Ash is fairly athletic for a human man in his mid-20s. Mentally, he’s had to become Fort Knox. Experiencing the full brunt of the fears of others will do that. He’s slowly figuring out that the connection can go both ways — he can take that fear away, or he scream panic directly into someone’s brain.

there are drawbacks to playing watchers, i'm aware, but what makes your character uniquely powerful? is it their power? blessing or curse? how have they learned to use it to their advantage other than just a skill set? Ashton’s mental fortitude is probably his greatest asset, able to shoulder check mental invasions and emotional upsets easily at this point. He uses his Curse/Blessing at work often, as he does find it fulfilling to alleviate the fears of others around their health.
  • Another one.

He remembered his buddy Tre Ortega and him had joked Pirn had to be extremely haunted, given its long history and propensity for weird happenings. If only Tre had known how right they were.

Ash could taste the panic in the air like copper pennies under his tongue, his stomach roiling in joined discomfort with the spirit wandering outside of the bookshop downtown. He’d grabbed coffee just before his shift, and instead, he was here trying to talk down a ghost.

“No good, son-of-a-bitch stole every last cent I had, and I work all damn day, unlike that lout,” the ghostly woman said, dressed in ragged clothes that wouldn’t have looked out of place in a Western. She made a motion as if to smoke a cigarette, before realizing nothing was in her hand.

”He sounds like a piece of work,” Ashton said sadly, looking her over. Blood poured out of several wounds in her chest, in an ever flowing fountain, staining a dirty dress. Her hair was stringy and piled on her head, her face badly bruised. She must have bled out a long while. Had time to be mad about it.

Had time to be afraid.

“And then I put him to the wall, you know, and… and…”

He felt his heart spike, conjoined to the apparition’s. This was the hardest part. He looked down, then back up. She was pacing, and he felt the suffocating, the desperation of the dying, the dead.

”He didn’t like it much, did he? Being confronted,” Ashton asked.

The murdered woman shook her head, holding the sides of her face. The sign on the bookstore rattled, the trees shook with a sudden gust of wind. The fear was like a stopper in his throat, a hurricane in his gut, dread welling up. Oh god, he killed me, I died. What happened to Jamie? Where’s my Jamie? Where am I? What’s going on? Why am I here? He killed me!

“No, he… he hated that,” the woman stammered. “He started to yell, and he grabbed a knife from the bedside table, started waving it at me, and I said, ‘what do you think you’re gonna do with that, you wouldn’t, stop playing the fool Ernest’, and then he, he, he—“

If he didn’t calm her down, she might attract something worse here, something she couldn’t fend off. And just at that thought, the panic siphoned away out of her face, as he felt it strangle his body instead. She seemed to breath a sigh of relief as Ashton gripped his keychain in a dead man’s grasp.

“I guess he… he got real mad,” the woman said.

”It… i-it sounds like it. What’s your name, by the way?”

”My name? Oh, I’m Maddison Griswold, but I’ll answer to Mads,” the ghost said, suddenly more peaceable, as if she’d entirely forgotten her former rant.

“It’s nice to meet you, Maddison,” Ashton said with a wan smile, extending a hand to at least mimic a shake. “My name is Ashton. Maybe we ought to have coffee.”

Hello, wissa. :P

• Ashton Lovejoy is a lifelong resident of Pirn, his parents having moved there a few years before he was born, and so he was raised in its nestled hollows and safe enclaves, unwittingly walking by the Unveiled every day. A sweet kid with a ready smile, bright attitude, and easygoing nature, he excelled in school and seemed to sail through much of life. However, a fateful hike in the woods with his father during his senior year of college would end in disaster — his father missing — and Ashton Cursed… or Blessed. To tell the truth, Ashton can’t tell the difference, as he has little memory of what happened that day, found incoherent and babbling by the side of the road outside of Pirn. Two years later, he is struggling to come to grips with his newfound abilities and finding his place in the Unveiled Community as a PA at the local hospital.

• blessed/cursed or familial line of watchers?

describe the type of watcher your character is. were they directly blessed/cursed, or has it traveled down through the family line? what is the blessing/curse? Ashton is definitely newly Cursed/Blessed, so not familial. His family is otherwise an extremely normal set of people hailing from Spokane, Washington. His abilities revolve around the fears of others — he can empathize on a supernatural level with a being’s fears, embodying them, and then taking them away. People often feel more confident and, well, fearless in his presence, able to do what they normally would never have the guts to try. However, the drawback is twofold- Ashton experiences that fear as his own now, creating something of an eidolon magnet.

power set

what is their power, other than what has been described? does it have any visual or sensory effects? what's its strengths and weaknesses, creative uses and potential for growth, if any? If God can be afraid, what power would that give you? No, but seriously, it is a great fact-finding tool for Ashton to better understand the people around him, and in some ways, it makes him a potent negotiator, so long as he can keep his focus, as he’s distinctly aware of what a person is afraid of, what would persuade them most, and even what their plans were as they attempt to mitigate that fear. It’s humanized quite a lot of the Unveiled to him, too, as they’re not immune, and he finds their fears are often as mundane as his own. The ability is draining, however, and not entirely under his control, plus the issue of attracting eidolons like a lightning rod. He is slowly learning offensive uses, like reflecting fears back onto someone, but it’s not in his nature to do that.

what makes your watcher powerful enough to stand beside a fully unveiled character? Physically, Ash is fairly athletic for a human man in his mid-20s. Mentally, he’s had to become Fort Knox. Experiencing the full brunt of the fears of others will do that. He’s slowly figuring out that the connection can go both ways — he can take that fear away, or he scream panic directly into someone’s brain.

there are drawbacks to playing watchers, i'm aware, but what makes your character uniquely powerful? is it their power? blessing or curse? how have they learned to use it to their advantage other than just a skill set? Ashton’s mental fortitude is probably his greatest asset, able to shoulder check mental invasions and emotional upsets easily at this point. He uses his Curse/Blessing at work often, as he does find it fulfilling to alleviate the fears of others around their health.
  • Another one.

He remembered his buddy Tre Ortega and him had joked Pirn had to be extremely haunted, given its long history and propensity for weird happenings. If only Tre had known how right they were.

Ash could taste the panic in the air like copper pennies under his tongue, his stomach roiling in joined discomfort with the spirit wandering outside of the bookshop downtown. He’d grabbed coffee just before his shift, and instead, he was here trying to talk down a ghost.

“No good, son-of-a-bitch stole every last cent I had, and I work all damn day, unlike that lout,” the ghostly woman said, dressed in ragged clothes that wouldn’t have looked out of place in a Western. She made a motion as if to smoke a cigarette, before realizing nothing was in her hand.

”He sounds like a piece of work,” Ashton said sadly, looking her over. Blood poured out of several wounds in her chest, in an ever flowing fountain, staining a dirty dress. Her hair was stringy and piled on her head, her face badly bruised. She must have bled out a long while. Had time to be mad about it.

Had time to be afraid.

“And then I put him to the wall, you know, and… and…”

He felt his heart spike, conjoined to the apparition’s. This was the hardest part. He looked down, then back up. She was pacing, and he felt the suffocating, the desperation of the dying, the dead.

”He didn’t like it much, did he? Being confronted,” Ashton asked.

The murdered woman shook her head, holding the sides of her face. The sign on the bookstore rattled, the trees shook with a sudden gust of wind. The fear was like a stopper in his throat, a hurricane in his gut, dread welling up. Oh god, he killed me, I died. What happened to Jamie? Where’s my Jamie? Where am I? What’s going on? Why am I here? He killed me!

“No, he… he hated that,” the woman stammered. “He started to yell, and he grabbed a knife from the bedside table, started waving it at me, and I said, ‘what do you think you’re gonna do with that, you wouldn’t, stop playing the fool Ernest’, and then he, he, he—“

If he didn’t calm her down, she might attract something worse here, something she couldn’t fend off. And just at that thought, the panic siphoned away out of her face, as he felt it strangle his body instead. She seemed to breath a sigh of relief as Ashton gripped his keychain in a dead man’s grasp.

“I guess he… he got real mad,” the woman said.

”It… i-it sounds like it. What’s your name, by the way?”

”My name? Oh, I’m Maddison Griswold, but I’ll answer to Mads,” the ghost said, suddenly more peaceable, as if she’d entirely forgotten her former rant.

“It’s nice to meet you, Maddison,” Ashton said with a wan smile, extending a hand to at least mimic a shake. “My name is Ashton. Maybe we ought to have coffee.”
gimme dat sweet, sweet full sheet <3