The Undying Hunt - Creation Station & Sign Ups

11/25/22 // a small announcement:

outside of those i've spoken to and given extensions, i'm going to hesitantly classify the undying hunt as "closed" since the opening post is up and brainstorming/plotting is underway! i'm going to prefix the roleplay with by invitation only, however, with the caveat that anyone can join in on the narrative with us-- but our 'marked' ones are currently full! if you'd like to join in, post a skelly sheet here, and we'll storm to see where we can fit ya in.

I slept through the conversation it seem's. I'll still put a thing here. When i wrote the idea for karmic balance, i knew the power was already half out the window. Toneing a power like this is difficult. So i made jilliel to somewhat contrast and weaken it further with her nature of simply not wanting to use it unless she find's it not only necessary, but is powerful enough to make a meaningful change.

I am thinking of just dropping the power, im happy it's gotten somewhere, but i feel if it's going to cause issue further down, i should think of something else to give her.

Jilliel wasn't made with the idea of being powerful. She is more just there to exist rather than become all mighty. If she ends up weak, so be it. She will still enjoy prim. I like the idea of her being strong, but to use the original material of the power I'm nerfing into the ground and still hitting with a nerf stick would be broken to the point of unfunny if used. It's also why she knows no spells other than her balance

I love the idea's floating around to nerf her a bit further, and would be fine with them, i did make jilliel in the form of a support type character who isnt going to be great at her job at doing it most of the time. If people get into fight's, the luck shifting in them is far far more difficult than regular luck movement and more likely than not wont be talented enough to move any of that fortune in a fight to make any change to the outcome unless she is willing to almost break finger's moving the links.

There are a few things i can do to further reduce it, but if it will make life easier i can think of a new power!

Also Jilliel won't use her power to win the lottery or help win it. It was an example.of moving massive luck is very difficult for her. She is far more likely to use it to win videogames or gatcha phone games.

Last edited:
I slept through the conversation it seem's. I'll still put a thing here. When i wrote the idea for karmic balance, i knew the power was already half out the window. Toneing a power like this is difficult. So i made jilliel to somewhat contrast and weaken it further with her nature of simply not wanting to use it unless she find's it not only necessary, but is powerful enough to make a meaningful change.

I am thinking of just dropping the power, im happy it's gotten somewhere, but i feel if it's going to cause issue further down, i should think of something else to give her.

Jilliel wasn't made with the idea of being powerful. She is more just there to exist rather than become all mighty. If she ends up weak, so be it. She will still enjoy prim. I like the idea of her being strong, but to use the original material of the power I'm nerfing into the ground and still hitting with a nerf stick would be broken to the point of unfunny if used. It's also why she knows no spells other than her balance

I love the idea's floating around to nerf her a bit further, and would be fine with them, i did make jilliel in the form of a support type character who isnt going to be great at her job at doing it most of the time. If people get into fight's, the luck shifting in them is far far more difficult than regular luck movement and more likely than not wont be talented enough to move any of that fortune in a fight to make any change to the outcome unless she is willing to almost break finger's moving the links.

There are a few things i can do to further reduce it, but if it will make life easier i can think of a new power!

Also Jilliel won't use her power to win the lottery or help win it. It was an example.of moving massive luck is very difficult for her. She is far more likely to use it to win videogames or gatcha phone games.
I think your power is actually cool to work with, and alot of us agree to it. My suggestion is not meant to nerf your character, by any means, only to suggest a system / structure that makes it easy for both you and the player affected to understand. I do realise now that the Dice system may not be the best at giving you autonomy over your power, and there are other ways to do that.

Reactions: marcy
I do have ideas on how it can work. I just wanna make sure that it won't cause events to carcrash. Powers that can involve altering luck can be very difficult to work with. Her whole thing is taking good or bad luck that a person at that time has and either altering the luck or outright stealing and holding it.

The power only works on one to two people\objects that can include self. The power only works whilst she can see you and the luck she wishes to alter isn't too substantial. Even then it only pushes luck into the next action, it doesn't linger. It's like a D20, normally it's a 1\20 chance at a crit 20. She can alter the chance of getting that 20 or 1 if you look at it through mechanic. I see it as a person with a bar going from 0 to 100%. A person's neutral.luck sits at a 50%. She could add or subtract from that number to make something more likely or unlikely. The more fortune she moves, the bigger the shift.

Another example is if she links a person to a shield with their fortune. Beating the shield and accumulating the bad fortune of that shield being struck and potentially broken only to mass dump it all into its attacker after Jilliel thinks there is enough.

If it I treats with a person and they can't reply to the prompt, the luck just goes away after at.most a.couple.minutes, even then it just affects their next action they take unless Jilliel wants a certain event she knows is coming to potentially change. IDK. This is all just throwing the power at the wall until.some of it sticks.If I nerf it much further then all her power will be is just the lucky feat from dnd.

@Lisianthus

Yeah @Jig The Zom-B I don't think anyone hates your power, its just so unique that it's kind of confusing, and I'm also terrible at articulating my thoughts half the time hehehe sorry about that. And yeah I agree with Lis, Jilliel might be the weakest in terms of practice, but her power is pretty kick-ass on its own, and she has the potential to be as strong as everyone else, if not more. Keep in mind our powers are meant to grow over the course of the story, I think.

I don't think a nerf or dice is necessary, methinks the major concern is that Jig will somehow abuse the power, which is understandable, or that it's perhaps too strong, which also makes sense. But Jig continues to emphasize how Jilliel isn't supposed to be powerful, shes got this carefree nature and wont use her power unless absolutely necessary, and shes barely strong enough to make a meaningful difference. So I think it's very clear Jig doesn't intend to abuse the power or go god mode on everybody, and its more like a 'get out of jail free' card in a sense, powerful enough to get Jilliel out of harms way but not strong enough to do much else, at least not in her hands.

Makes me wonder if Jilliel can alter her own fortune? Could be interesting, I also like that you intended her to be a supportive type of character, I was getting the same vibe. I think if you considered the type of spells her guide would want to teach her, like supportive type spells that focus less on luck and more on the aspect of karma, something quick and simple to cast and easy to comprehend, it would give Jilliel a lot more agency, and she wouldn't have to rely on altering fortunes so much. Maybe she just needs some easy, low impact spells to really tie everything together. Like maybe she can turn bad fortune into some kind of harmful energy or karmic fire she can attack with, maybe she turns good fortune into thick misty shields that protect her or her friends from harm. Basic attack and shield spells like that would be easier to keep tabs on for everybody. And Jilliel would only have to alter fortunes as a last resort, in case of an emergency type thing.

Erm, just something to think about. I really do think you've got a cool idea. I want to help make it work because you took the time to make something unique, whereas all I did was rehash some video game concepts. I also really dig the concept of this youngster type fella being part of the group who has the potential to be one of the strongest Unveiled around, but doesn't seem like she would harm a fly and is only interested in exploring the world and taking naps. That's pretty gnarly and I can relate 1000%.

Reactions: Jig The Zom-B
One of the things she would learn from her guide eventually would be what I would call a karmal mirror. She can the two peoples.fortune together, so I figure in the future she would be able to take a bit more of a hand in balance. It's like a.pair of scales for her. To make sure that the good and the bad go hand in hand.

th e example there is she has two people fighting. One is clearly stronger and winning. Through the chain links she can ink the two more closely using herself as a medium of the scales. The two become karmaticly linked. If one person strikes the other, they share the bad luck and share the wound. If one were to recover, so would the otner. If one gets tired, the other does too. Linking both a karma and using herself as a.median, could make the two equal in their fight.

I don't so.much think people hate the power, it's just a bit awkward to use besides just saying, your now less.likely to do X or Y.

she can alter her own karma too, yes.

I have a few ideas like this.

any you might have I'm I arrested in in knowing. I'm also bad at articulatio !

she won't really ever be frontline. She is someone who will.help people, and less.of a.person trying to get I to fights.

@Marceline

Also I'm not bad at english. My tablets auto spell and keyboard hurt me.

Reactions: marcy
@rissa I think I have it figured out?

the karmic balance is something I've been trying to keep from its original concept, but then it just becomes an rng power that can be hard to write.

the idea of her karmic balance was made into two parts. The first is her fortune manipulation. It isn't really for combat and was more for fluff than the outcome of fights. Using the fortune alteration for more out of combat for things she might find fun, like games. She could use it in a fight, but it's more of just helping her to escape situations and make it less.likely she or friends will get hurt or trapped.

the other end is the karmic balance I've tried avoiding. I'm it's OG form, the balance would take bad fortun e and good, then convert it into pure power for self use. I disliked it and moved it away in more of a supportive type power.

but I figure that if it's Jilliel and it isn't for directly fighting herelf, then through others combat I can twist it into karmic balance that can be used supportively. Right now she Knows no spells, but over time her guide would help her learn how to tap into karmic balance better and have a more definitive use in a fight. Learning as she lives in prim

the spells would learn first and after enough time, the Karmal mirror.

instead of the pure power or have power to deal with things directly, I want jilliel to be a person who helps end fights rather than win them through Karmal balance. A person who will help a fight end without resorting to trying to kill the other unless there isnt an option.

This is a concept spell, so please let me know if are is things wrong with it.

Through Jilliel's ability to alter two peoples karmic balance and fortune, she can have them linked together.

(EXAMPLE)
If two people are fighting, and she wishes to, she can tether their karma. In doing so, the chain links would wrap around the necks of both individuals (no noticeable impairment to any movement or breathing. Still also mostly transparent and dissapear into nothing a meter above them) and using herself as a medium to link them. A large transparent form of scales will appear behind Jilliel as she holds the links that bind their karma and the scales will balance out behind her.

Through both bad and good karma they will now share. Her scales will take from the stronger and give to the weaker to balance them physicaly. If one has more mana, the scales will try to balance them. It's a spell that will favour neither person she has tethered. It is designed to balance out a fight if she think's it is far too one sided and needs to stop. However, any wound's that were made before the tether will not be shared. Only after.

Once the balance is achieved, the scales will move with each person's good and bad fortune to balance them. Each act of karma will shift the scales behind her as Jilliel monitors the karma between them. If one is wounded, so is the other. If one is healed, so is the other. If one becomes exhausted, so does the other. If one recover's, so does the other.

It is less a power about doing damage, even though it can do some, as much as it is for stopping fights that could turn lethal. To dissuade the two from trying to kill each other and to make a fight with a clear winner less clear.

Jilliel would suffer exhaustion, a bit of blood loss and a couple broken fingers doing this. Followed by some other side effects i could think of.
This isnt a spell jilliel would use lightly either. If two people are fighting and could result in the death of someone she cares for or wishes to protect, she will make exception's.

I left her spells empty so throughout the game she can learn to harness her karmic balance, through her guide hounding her to try get her to become a great witch.

Jilliel isn't so much about fighting as much stopping them. Her karma balance can become dangerous, yes. But I think through her using her fortune shifting for fluff and more fun events, and she would cheekily do so if she ever finds reason to do so. And then have her Karmal balance for serious fights that she can have a hand in helping with. The karmic balance isnt something i want to use to just take away a persons luck or give. That alone is just an RNG character and can leave jilliel in a position where the writing can make her useful in a situation or not.
I want her to be someone who will help people. Support characters are difficult... T-T

If i use the Karmic balance where she can (even if it isnt the most effective) stop a fight or help end one without too much bloodshed then i think that i can make it work with minimal to no RNG. Spells similar to karmic mirror arnt too hard to come up with, but i wanna make sure im not stepping out of line or anything.

Also if you wish to know what power i've tried deconstructing as inspiration, it's a mix of Jugram's power called the balance and tonberries karma from Final fantasy.

Sorry if the concept isn't great. I'm trying though!

Until she learns this first spell though, she will be more of a spectator for any major events than anything. Using her fortune manipulation of she surely needs it until she can learn how to use karma more.

(This was edited so my terrible writing on the bus and auto-spell were fixed. alongside some cleanup of trying to make a point more clear.)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: rissa
I wanna thank everyone for pitching in and sharing their thoughts, concerns, and suggestions! As a GM, this the type of shit I love to see! <3

I'm going to go ahead and send @Jig The Zom-B to go finish their full sheet (write me up a finalized and fleshed out version of her ability when you do please!) with the understanding that Jilliel's naivety and unwillingness to further her studies have somewhat stunted her magical growth. Due to this, she only has access to her active power, not having learned any of her family's spells or traditions.

Her active power seems to allow her to give and take luck, converting it to it's opposite(?) before being released back out as a buff or bane. (Please feel free to correct me!) She's capable of doing this to both people and objects-- granting buffs, boons, and banes, to a limited number at a time.

With my npcs, people, objects, and monsters, Jilliel should be able to alter their luck up to her current ability without an issue. For player characters, we'll simply go with asking. If said player cannot respond within 3-5 days, her buff or bane will simply fail, allowing Jilliel to move forward in the narrative, supporting someone else! (Everyone is free to give me feedback on this. I tried to take the simplest and most efficient route for everyone involved, but if any of this tickles yer buttons, bring it to me.)

Also, Jig! I had a thought, with Jilliel's guide being able to actually teach her specific spells, was her Guide sent by the family's witch patron?

I want jilliel to be a person who helps end fights rather than win them through Karmal balance. A person who will help a fight end without resorting to trying to kill the other unless there isnt an option.

Just wanna say I really, really love this! :3 These kinda characters are my sweet spot LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: marcy and MiharuAya
CHARACTER SHEET:

Name: Jilliel Baal.
Title/Alias: Jill, Any nicknames she may yet earn.
Job & age: Jilliel work's in a small café by the harbour. Despite looking so young, she is at the age of 18.

Physical Appearance: (Picture is my avatar) Jilliel is a fairly short female that stands roughly at 5.34ft. Bright unkempt orange hair that reaches just past her shoulders and a light grass green eye colour. Her body is somewhat thin, yet toned. Her hand's feature her finger's wrapped in bandage for nearly every or any time she is spotted. She wear's them to cover up the finger-pads on each finger and thumb's on both of her hands. This is in order to cover the scar tissue, and occasionally bruised digits. Jilliel is often seen sporting a white dress that comes to her knee's, A small satchel hanging from her shoulder, a violet colour often always seen with her too.

When she isn't out and about, getting lost. She wear's what look's to be a baggy bunny onesie in her apartment and sometimes around the café.

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Compulsive, Naïve, Explorative, Carefree, Watchful, Cautious, Compassionate, Shy, Listener, Protective.

Drives: To enjoy herself to the fullest. To see what there is to find and to watch what there is to enjoy! To find greater and more fun places to wander and nap at! To keep the scale's she hosts from any who would potentially abuse it through her.

Fears: Those she care's for dying. Losing control of the scale's. Being taken back home where she believes she will lose her ability to explore and wander freely.

Hobbies: Wandering off to find something new to explore, only to then nap where she ends up. Jilliel considers her job at the café one of her hobbies. She find's it fun to cook and have other's enjoy it! She will also spend time in her room painting little miniatures. Fishing at the harbor outside her apartment. Finally her fourth hobby being one where she sews and knit's. She enjoys working with her hands and fingers. She often keeps supplies for painting or knitting and sewing in her satchel so she can enjoy doing them once she finds a nice place to relax.

Occupation: Jilliel Has a standing job as a café owner. The café resides by the harbour where boat's can be seen in the early morning coming in with fresh catch to auction off to establishment's across Prim. The harbour always had a nice salty smell to it that made the area that much more charming. The café isn't too big, able to seat up to 20 people at most. It sell's a range of drink's and sandwiches. Her guide also help's to run the business as Jilliel is still not the greatest at running a small business. That and often time's she vanishes from the building entirely.

I'll send the rest through PM.

@rissa

(putting the lore here as i dont trust my PC to not delete something whilst i write out the power.)

Background: Despite Jilliel living in prim now for 2 year's, she was not born There. Jilliel spent most of her child and teen years in what she could only remember being a very large house. Jilliel was born to the Baal family. This she knew. She also learnt that she was able to learn magic if she tried hard! Her family always reminding her to study, to become more and more capable of harnessing power of becoming a great witch and someone the family could pass their knowledge onto for the coming of the "special child". She wasn't so sure as to why her parents were so fixated on her doing all this. She just wanted to play!

Jilliel's family was one that had a speciality in Fortune prediction and karmic obsession. When the family spoke of it to her and of how important it was, they would always go on about how much they have slaved and toiled to progress and evolve their understanding of the fortune's and karmic laws. They wanted to find ways to not only see a persons luck, but to change it! To revolutionize the field of Fortune and it's intangible laws. They always rambled forever when they spoke of it to jilliel. Of how after so many years. A couple generation's of work that would potentially bear fruit to their labour and produce one who could not only interact with the Karma of a person, but alter it! All with the birth of a special child!

The conversation would fall out of Jilliel's ear the moment it went in. Always wearing a glazed look of incomprehensive misunderstanding. She was only five at the time. She often spent her time trying to get outside only to be dragged back to her room. Sat in front of a desk and told to study and read more. Being told to Do better and learn harder! They would always promise that she could go out and play eventually. That eventually turned from days to week. Week's to months. Month's to years... They didnt have any intention of letting her outside it seemed.

It was on a rainy day some time after her 15th birthday where she would be visited by both her mother and father in her room. She would still remember it to this day. They had came to tell her off again. Jill was always one for doing anything but learning how to deal with karma or fortune! They always made it seem so important! So necessary to master and understand, and to not know was to be an idiot! To jilliel, they were just there to yell at her again! To tell her to do better! To at least learn SOME magic and how other families children were doing so well. It's all she had heard for the last 9 years! They never let her out to play. They always kept her in a house she hadnt seen the outside of more than a handful of times. The family serfs wouldn't tell her anything but to study hard! It's been a constant frustration to her to hear it over and over. She had heard her parents compliment other families children than her! Jill would think they were just impossible to ever please!

It was never a point of ignoring the teaching of the family or their teachings because she didn't have an interest. She stopped wanting to learn it through frustration at her family telling her to be better! Jill would think back on that day every now and then. It was always an event that frustrated her. That rainy day where she was being yelled at again for not knowing any "Fundamentals or aspects of karma" or how she hadn't put enough effort into fortune readings and how she wasn't studying enough! That was the day she finally snapped. She would turn from her ranting parent's and try to go back to bed. To try calm down before she got too upset. To try to stop from getting angry. They didn't take the hint, they would just yell louder, more reasons as to why jill wasn't good enough. Jill had enough. The yelling, constant noise and same walls that looked more like a prison than a house to her, was ready to drive her insane. And so through her frustration and anger, jill would stab her thumb nail into her finger pads and slice them open, letting her new scratches bleed over her fingertips and nails. That action alone quieted them. They would watch as her bloodied finger's would hook into chain links that reached through the ceiling into nothing.

Jill's father would look confused, jill hadn't shown magic in any form and was now using her blood to interact with what looked to be ghost chains. Why hadn't she shown this before?! Before they could make any question's, jill was past them. Running past her parent's she would slam the door and the sounds of her sprinting away would get quieter. They would try to follow her, but the door was... jammed? It wasn't locked, but it wasn't opening. Unknown to then, jill had linked herself to her bedroom door. Pushing her misfortune onto the door! The misfortune for jamming the door up was more than sufficient. Jill wasn't sure what the family did next, she didn't want to be here anymore, and wasn't there to see what they did. She didn't want to be yelled at anymore. She didn't want to see the same walls over and over anymore. She didn't want to hear about how karma worked or how it was so freaking important! She wanted out. And she was going to get out.

Jill had spent years holding the power away from the family ever since they spoke of using karma and fortunes for the family's own gain. Despite not having much to any practice with her power, she already understood that the power was one to be kept under careful consideration and use. Every time the family spoke of how karma functioned, her power would offer her different answers. She would see the value's of karma above people's heads like a HP bar in a video game. They constantly told her to be smarter and learn how it all worked, even though they were wrong. She could have revealed it to her family at any point after her 8th birthday, but they always seemed so focused on pushing the whole "For the family business". Jill would abuse it this once. She would let all her digits bleed, ripping good fortune from anyone she came across and stuffing any who chased her with bad fortune. She didn't care where she went, so long as it wasn't here.

It wouldn't take long, in her running, she would come across a large harbour. Lot's of boats, boats can take people far away! The decision was instant. Still in the mindset of abusing her power to help her get far away, she would get herself quietly onto a large fishing hauler. It had the word PRIM stamped on the side of it. She didn't care where it took her though. She had gotten herself onto a boat, and was now leaving. She had lost a lot of blood through her fingers, most of her digits blue from bruises, one of her pinkies broken sideways. Taking a moment to snap it back into position, would wrap her fingers in bits of her shirt. And nap. Had she gotten away?

Jill would wake on the boat after.... a while? She didn't remember. All she knew after sneaking off that boat was that she was standing on a new harbour. Looking at a sprawling city! It looked like there was so much to see! So much to do! Sadly her "lucky" escape wasn't too lucky. It would be just as she gets herself off the harbour that she would find herself standing across from an odd looking lady. Jill would come to know this lady as Zintreya. Or Zin for short. It turned out that a family that had witches in it could track a person using divination. And so they had sent Zintreya after her. Supposedly mother and father being quite worried and hoping to see her home safe so she could... aanndd Jill was gone again. She fled.

Zintreya would spend her early days looking for Jill, eager to take her home. A woman on a mission to look for someone who was unnaturally good at hide and seek. She would come close a few times to catching her, but always just barely catching a glimpse of the fleeing girl. However Jill was new to prim. No home in prim to hide at, so she would eventually be cornered. And that's what happened. Zin would expect to find Jill hiding and when found, throwing a huff or temper tantrum. Jill was at an angsty year of her life, so Zin was ready to deal with her outbursts if she had any. She would find Jill in an old warehouse. She thought Jill would wear a look of defiance, of anger. She didn't look angry. Zen had spent the time in prim thinking Jill was simply a brat enjoying herself and giving her a run-around. She expected sneer's or indifference and angst. She would find Jill cornered in that warehouse, her face looking anything but what she was expecting. The state of the girl she was looking for bringing her a cold shiver as she locked eye's with Jill. Jill looked as pale as a ghost, eye's wide and unblinking as she was backed as far into the room as she could be, back pressed to the wall. She looked at zen like she was some sort of monster. She looked terrified of her. She looked exhausted, the bags under her eye's were clear even in the shaded room. Zin would see that Jill's right fingers were bloodied and already hooked in links. Her left hand was limp by her side. Each digit on that hand clearly broken.

Zin would figure it out fast. Jill wasn't running her around for fun. Jill had been using her power constantly to push as much luck into herself to be able to hide from Zintreya as she could, and for Zin to be as unlikely to find her as possible. To escape. She wasn't trying to play hide and seek. She was trying to flee and Zin could see that in her eye's it was for her life. Was she that terrified of going home? Her left hand showing just how far she was pushing her luck. Jill was still, watching Zin like a hawk. Jill would watch Zin try to slowly approach with her hands raised. She had hoped for so long that she had lost Zintreya. She ran for so many day's and nights! Stolen and pushed so much fortune. Her luck had ran dry, and she knew it. She was tired, the link's at that point were just for show. Jill would hear zin say something, but Jill cannot remember any of it, save for two. The only words she would remember hearing was "Going home". Jill would clench her right fist, all the links pulling at the same time harshly with a loud snap as they collided. Jill had pushed the Karmic balance for days now. She had gone from never using it, to near continuous use! Jill wouldn't know, but Zin would learn at that point, that the idea of going home was terror to her. Jill was ready to try escape, Zin see the link's around her right hand's finger's torque sharply, two more finger's snapping harshly and the other finger's going slack and falling from the links. The chains vanishing once her hand was free. Jill would fall forwards. Jill had used the chain's for far too long and the exhaustion was coming for her. End of the line... all she would remember of that event is a sudden impact with what she could only guess was the floor. Then nothing.

Jill would wake, her arm wrapped in bandage and fingers in splints. Zintreya sat at the end of her bed. It would take a moment for her to stop a now panicking Jill from trying to escape out a window. Zin would be oddly careful with Jill. Apparently a week had passed since she had found her. Jill didn't know what had happened in the week, but she was not only not home. She had told her that she would not be taking her home. She would live with her in Prim instead. Jill didn't get it. This woman had spent near a week hunting her. Now she was against taking her home?! What happened in that week she was out? She wouldn't think on it long. Light headed and dizzy after such a small amount of movement. Jill was passing out again, Zin lowering Jill into her pillow with a care she didn't expect. "Welcome to Prim, Jill." The last thing she heard before she would sleep again.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: rissa and marcy
Hey y'all, sign ups will be officially closing on the 18th, with the IC to be posted on the 20th!

If anyone needs an extension, please send me a DM so we can work something out. I don't want anyone missing out on da fun because they've been busy as hell with rl the past two weeks.

For everyone who has filled out a full sheet, what are your thoughts on a Character Boogaloo? IE. I send you a list of questions that you answer about your character. I intend for these to be private (so thru DMs), and aid in GM Fuckery. :3

Would absolutely be happy for Character Boogaloo 2: DM fuckery. It's always nice to have to get into the mind of a character to answer a few questions, helps you get to know them better.

Answering a buncha questions sounds like fun :>

• Love
dunno what it is, but im down!

• Love
I would be down to answer questions ^^

• Love
I am down for it. It will help to further flesh out characters, so yee.

Another question, is there a deadline for side characters, if we do want to create one? Or do they all fall under the same deadline?

Last edited:
Boogaloos have been sent! Apologies for the lack of activity, this week's been a mess.

Reactions: Lisianthus
//thoughts on whether or not i should post the opener tomorrow or after update day?

//thoughts on whether or not i should post the opener tomorrow or after update day?
After? Feels like a fresh start.

If we go for after, it lets us have a fresher feeling start as Lis said. And it gives a little bit more time to make sure everything is ready!

On paper, she is legally named Maria Fernanda González Ramos, though the diminutive woman is more than happy to respond to any of her four names. The Colombian first moved to Pirn fifteen years ago from Sante Fe, but how long she has actually been in the U.S. is a question she has declined to answer. The Guide is significantly older than perhaps a few of her seraphic peers, but her passion and overwhelming love for her sacred service and people has kept her going strong over the decades. A keen, patient listener, she spends most of her time as a counselor for troubled youths; she worries about dark entities corrupting those who are pure-hearted, and the last thing she wants is for a tragedy to befall Pirn such as the one in her native hometown.

Is your Guide young in the way of guiding or are they experienced?

Maria has been a guide since 1952, giving her roughly seventy or so years experience of guiding. She has had several charges during her tenure.

what are the visual and sensory cues of your characters powers?

A soothing warmth exudes from Maria's body in the wake of all her seraphic powers. When she dematerializes, there is a sudden burst of light framing her; within the light, the outline of angelic wings and a halo-like glow above her head and at her wrists. The glow shimmers and gleams as she fades, until naught is left but stars in one's eyes.

When Maria heals, a glowing outline of a flower blooms from her palms, the petals pointed towards the targeted area. Depending on the type of injury, the target will either feel a cold or warm effect of the healing application on their body.

strengths and weakness regarding their power set

Of the three, Maria is most comfortable with her ability of telepathic sensing. Before she was reborn, she'd always felt like she had a sixth sense about those she cared about, and it seems this was merely amplified once she returned to Earth. Her longevity has equipped her to be a truly well-rounded Guide. If there was one ability she had to pick as her weakest, it would be her dematerialization skill, more specifically when it comes to use on individuals besides herself. The more people she has to teleport, the slower the process becomes.

what is their cardinal trigger? how does it affect their healing abilities?

First a Christian, now a spiritual guide, the calling of a holy spirit upon herself has not left her daily rituals. On each finger, Maria wears two gold bands, each to mark a separate saint or figure of kindness. Because religious figures (most prominently Jesus) marked deep, genuine love with a kiss, Maria cups her hands together and kisses the palms before extending them towards a ward for healing.

Your character must (create, perform, or halt) a ritual. how do they do it?

Finding Nancy Killigan used to take an hour at a time. Now the woman's location came to her in a mere instant, and soon after Maria was there, glancing up from a once sun-kissed setting to the rain falling between her lashes, pouring onto her skin and to the cracked concrete below. Rain, like love, covered a multitude of faults. Nancy's house had grown worn and dilapidated in the years Maria had been away. Her eyes went to the peeling siding, the old, rusted screen door, and to the windows, shuttered and clouded with dirt and cobwebs.

It was quiet inside. There was a tense, tepid air within, as if the very house was holding its breath, an occasional sigh escaping from the wood beneath her feet as the woman moved throughout the home. She found remnants of Nancy here and there beneath the age and dirt. The old piano still sat in the corner of the empty dining room, and the living room–bare of basic furniture–still had most of the family photos on the walls. Maria leaned in, brushing the dust off of one in particular; it was Nancy as a child in a black and white still. She was holding up a fish, and there were two women on either side of her. Nancy's mother was equally recognizable; the other shorter woman with even shorter hair was instantly more familiar. Maria looked at herself in that image, at the ageless smile that continued to repeat over the years.

Nancy's smile had changed so much from then.

The line of photos ended at the bedroom door. Maria pushed the door open slowly, her eyes softening at the wizened figure sitting up in the bed. The old woman was sleeping; each breath rattled through her chest with difficulty, her bony features protruding from her face from beneath sunken eyes. When Maria sat at her side, the woman did not so much as stir, not until she gently prodded. The rattling breaths stopped. One eye cracked open, then the other.

Maria was smiling sadly.

"Hello, my child. I've come to soothe your pain."

A struggling gasp. "Is it time?"

"Almost. Come, Nancy."

Gently, Maria kissed her hands and placed them over Nancy's, a healing glow emanating from her palms.

Okay, here we go! Hope I was quick enough in getting this done.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't written in like three years so I am a little rusty! It was nice to do this again though, I hope y'all like!

Settling in Pirn had been both a curse and a blessing for Alexandra. The vampire had managed to learn a lot about herself, who she was and what she had become; all the while witnessing the expansion and growth of the small mining community, she decided to call home. Despite having suffered pain and loss that was practically heart-shattering, had her heart been beating; it was those same emotions and circumstances that had helped her become the person she now was. Confident and strong, albeit perhaps a little hubristic and brash but also supportive, and loyal to a fault. Of course, she still had her fears, people that claimed they had no fears were liars. Lexi knew that she had to keep that dreaded thirst at bay. She knew that she could so easily be consumed by it within seconds, it was terrifying, almost frightening enough to keep people at bay, to not allow anyone to get too close, despite wanting to be close to others. Worries aside Alexandra did her best to accept her fate and live her life to the fullest, boons, curses, and all.

Having spent a couple centuries living within Pirn, Alexandra Lykaios eventually established 'Arcadia Properties' the property management corporation behind a large sum of land and buildings within the town itself. At a glance, the hazel-eyed, five-foot ten brunette doesn't necessarily exude property mogul vibes, often seen dressed in dark denims, leathers and casual-wear almost make it seem as if she doesn't care for appearances, a fact.

1. How did your character die as a human? What were the circumstances of their rebirth?

Alexandra was a victim to of a group of Ottoman soldiers raiding her village in Northern Greece. They broke into her family home in an attempt to take away any young women. She savagely fought the soldiers in order to keep them away from her younger sister. It seemed that the stench of death and fresh blood called to the nearest vampire, a man who happened to be the captain of the group.

Alexandra wasn't aware nor prepared for what was about to happen, the last she could remember was that she had been left to bleed out, forced to watch the soldiers walk away with her sister. When she came to after being turned and in an incredibly weakened state she was taken by the captain and the two were quick to join the rest of the group. Eventually she was placed in a cell, opposite her sister. A painfully sweet scent lingering in the air as she began to suffer from a dry scratchy throat and an insatiable hunger.

2. Every vampire has a dominant physical trait, which is yours?

Born a fighter, it seems that even in Alexandra's unlife, her body stuck to what it knew. Lexi feels she has yet to face anyone that has been a challenge, in the physical sense. It seems like her strength thus-far in her travels has gone unmatched.

3. What are your characters strengths and weaknesses, outside of (or in spite of) what's already been written?

Alexandra is very sensitive to the smell of blood, fresh blood especially. It instantly garners her attention and makes it difficult to resist the gut twisting need to feed. Although she has spent a lot of time learning how to keep her thirst at bay, it is still incredibly hard to do so when fresh human or witch blood is spilled. Lex does her best to keep her hunger in check with blood bags, so that it's easier to fight the urge when it arises. It tends to work for the most part, but she's found that the blood bags do not fully satisfy her. Once a month she has to hunt or consume live blood as she likes to call it. Stopping herself is the hard part.

Lexi is most confident in her physical capabilities. Strength being her top skill and durability following in as a close second. Her speed and agility lack the same prowess as the aforementioned traits, turning them into her weakest, at least compared to other vampires and even some of the other unveiled. Although it has been noted by Lexi that immense feats of strength* are incredibly draining. She does tend to require a large sum of blood or rest after the fact, to essentially return to her full strength.

*let me know what you think would fall under this category.

Before crossing the ocean, while travelling through Eastern Europe, Alexandra assisted a caravan that was being assaulted by an Ottoman troop. After leaving behind a bloodbath, she was offered payment from their elder, a finely crafted silver ring. Being forced to take it, Lexi eventually discovered that the piece of jewellery held special properties. The ring somehow allowed her to walk in the sun. She didn't question how or why; she simply accepted this fact. She eventually discovered that there was a cost to wearing the ring. While on, it would dampen her supernatural abilities and keep her thirst at bay, but upon removing the ring her hunger would grow to borderline primal thirst, as if her body was demanding to catch up for missed time.

4. Of the mental abilities listed, which is your character more in-tune with? What are their strengths and weaknesses?

Alexandra's mental abilities are her generally her weakest. Her compulsion tends to influence emotions and behavior although she barely has a grasp on it functions and hasn't spent much time seeking a mentor or trying to learn about them herself. Lexi has no qualms with simply intimidating her subjects. It's safer than having her compulsion back-fire and possibly cause her target to do the opposite of what she intends.

Do you ever get the feeling that you're being watched? The internal question was proceeded by a halt in her nonchalant pace, the hairs on the back of her neck standing to attention. Worn soles scuffed against the pavement, dirt and debris slightly disturbed as she turned to fully face the ominously blacked out alley. With her hands shoved into her pockets she leaned forward and narrowed her gaze. Peering into the darkness yielded nothing. There was no movement, no sound, not even a— heartbeat? The statement in her mind turned into a question as a flash of actions took place in a short amount of time. Completing an inhuman one-eighty at the subtle sound of movement, Alexandra had but a fraction of a second to step back. Instinct kicked in as her right arm shot out to grapple with the assailant. A bone crushing grip wrapping around the attacker's wrist as he was violently pulled downwards, her knee coming up and slamming into the man's face. Lexi watched her attacker fly through the air, two bounces against the pavement before he slid to an eventual halt, a small cloud of dust settling around the still form of the black tactical garbed man.

Alexandra's snarling expression settled as she clenched her jaw with a sharp exhale. Shoving her hands back into her coat pockets she walked towards the sprawled out form. Pushing back the dryness that was beginning to form in her throat, she circled the man once as she fought against the hungering twinge in her stomach. Lowering herself next to the man, Alexandra turned his head to face her as she removed the soaked balaclava and tried to find any form of distinguishing features across his face. A nigh impossible task under the bloody mess she had created. A sound of frustration and an utter of annoyance escaped her as she began to pat him down for anything that could help her identify him. "Questions first Lexi…" She reminded herself in a heavily accented and mocking tone.

Other than what clearly seemed to be an array of items and weapons intended to eradicate a vampire, Alexandra could find nothing to identify the man who laid there, steps away from deaths door. Dragging him towards a wall and placing him in a seated position, the brunette looked around cautiously before pulling out her cellphone and pacing for a moment, her thumb lingering over a single contact. Clicking on 'Zoe', Lex lowered herself to a squat as the line began to ring. Looking down at her bloody hand, the brunette couldn't help but bring it up to her lips. Licking her thumb as the line was answered, the vampire almost stumbled backwards before regaining her balance and eventually standing up.

"Hey Lex, what's going on?"

"Mm— Hey Zoe! I uh, I am kind of in need some help here. I've had a bit of a run-in with someone who seemed to have ill-intentions and—"

There was a sigh and a small chuckle that sent mixed signals to the vampire as an expression of confusion came across her features. Before Alexandra could continue her explanation, Zoe was responding. "Don't go too far, I'll be there shortly."

"Thanks." The vampire responded and turned away from the unconscious man.

A faint glow bloomed in the corner of her eye, a sign that she was free to go. Glancing over her shoulder, Lexi spotted the blonde approaching the man. With a nod to herself she turned away and walked out of the back alley and onto the city streets. The clicking sound of a flickering light had her attention, looking to her left, she found herself staring into a laundromat, her gaze momentarily shifting to the right, a familiar, slightly eroded logo engraved into a square of concrete. Looking up the face of the building she raised a brow, turning her attention towards the alley she had just come from Alexandra backpedaled as she peered down the side of the building with a sigh. "I guess I should fix that light." She muttered before continuing down the street.

Last edited: