Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to continue the roleplay, but I had a really bad week for writing in general. I hope I can pull myself together a little soon. I will let all of you know in case that does not happen, however, I do think I will be able to do a reply tomorrow.

Take care of yourself first! Thanks for checking in with us and hope things go better for you soon. Hugs!

*peeks head in*
I'm definitely interested in this...
I'll get a form up soon, if that's okay~! c:

==================================================================================
Name:
Miyoko Garcia

===================================================================
Female

Appearance (Trust us, we really need this!):
Miyoko is about 5'4" and weighs 136 pounds.
She tends to dress casually (t-shirts, jeans, etc.), but she's a sucker for flowy dresses. But most of her wardrobe is made up of clothing that'll make her look completely shapeless, just because she can't stand how her body looks. Usually, Miyoko is wearing a ton of makeup or none at all. There is no "in between".

She changes her hairstyle all the time. It seems that the female finds something new she likes every day, so her appearance is almost always changing. Shaving one side of her head, dyeing her hair bright pink, getting blonde dreadlocks, basically anything and everything that one could think of (or maybe not think of). Her style in general (clothing, makeup, etc.) changes a lot as well, though not as much as her hair. Miyoko has multiple tattoos, such as a ship's steering wheel on her right shoulder and a few more. As for piercings, only standard + upper lobe, industrial bar, and helix. She hasn't gotten anything too crazy... yet.

===================================================================

What Are You Good At?

-Dancing
-Rapping/singing
-Lying
-Avoiding problems (for the most part)
-Math
-Guessing
-Acting (as in, "hiding feelings and pretending everything is just dandy")

What Are You Bad At?
-Reading in cars/moving vehicles without getting sick
-Making friends (of course, only if she must approach them.)
-Thinking about the future (she's impulsive)
-Heavy lifting
-Remembering names
-Respecting personal space 100% of the time ("Hugs for everyone! We all need one, anyways...")
-Explaining things
===========================================================================================
Tell us a little about yourself in a maximum of four paragraphs!
"Oh, jeez... Well..."

Miyoko grew up pretty normal, maybe with a few bullies but nothing too bad. Her parents split when she was a little less than a year old, and she ended up living with her mother. She was born a month before her mother's nineteenth birthday, her father being twenty-four at that time. As a little girl, Miyoko never saw her father, and the only time she remembers spending time with him is on her sixteenth birthday. He hasn't talked to her since, probably because he thinks she's absolutely insane. Miyoko had been dyeing her hair, and earlier in the day she had gotten her first tattoo (see link with the word "more") and helix piercing. Those probably weren't the worst things in his mind, but the man still didn't like it one bit. What really irked Miyoko's father was her coming out as pansexual. At least, it did after she explained it. And don't even start on these "colors in the air" she sees! Oof!

Yes, you read that correctly. See, Miyoko has color-to-sound synesthesia, as well as grapheme-color synesthesia. When she hears something, she also sees colors in front of her that she links to the certain sound (e.g. a squeaky door may cause streaks of yellow to appear). Letters and numbers are also colored in her mind. If there are too many noises around her, she gets overwhelmed (and possibly a migraine). For a long while, she thought this was normal. It was after she actually spoke about it that she felt something was wrong with her. Really, nothing was wrong with her. Synesthesia isn't a disease and doesn't make an individual mentally ill... although Miyoko actually is kind of mentally ill.

The female suffers from anxiety (atelophobia and panic disorder) and BDD, or body dysmorphic disorder. Although her BDD had been festering for a long time, it really started to consume her around the time she was eighteen. She fell into a relationship similar to her mother's, dating a man five or six years older than her. This man seemed absolutely wonderful; a modern Prince Charming. At least, she thought so. He got her to start drinking and smoking pot, but Miyoko refused to do anything else. He didn't like that too much and they got into quite a few arguments over it, but she still loved him. He loved her, too! He had to... Yes, he most certainly did! It wasn't his fault when he hit her. She was being stupid. She deserved it; she always deserved it. And if he called her ugly... then she was. Now the thought has just been ingrained into her mind due to how many times the older man said that and how she always believed him.

But that's what day-drinking and getting high is for! Fake smiles and lies get you so far, don't they?
~~~

Miyoko stared curiously at the second half of the form, but just shrugged and cracked a smile. Whoever had done this really was a smart-ass. That was respectable. In all honesty, she would've pulled the same kind of trick if it had been her making the application. A frown creased her features as she noticed that "Everything" had been crossed off and replaced with "OUT OF STOCK" in bold red letters. With a sigh, the young woman put an "X" in the boxes beside "Unicorns", "Magic", and "Aliens". With a chuckle, Miyoko wrote beside the box for aliens, "As long as they're chill", but then immediately crossed it out and cursed at herself under her breath for acting like a thirteen-year-old.
===============================================================================

I hereby proclaim that I am a member of the Mysterious Misery Society!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry about the delay. It had taken me way too long to write this reply and I sincerely apologise for everyone who was waiting for me. I do hope to continue the roleplay with a little more coherency, though! Reviews for the new applications are coming soon.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Demmy and @Peony!

Your characters are fine, but it seems you have forgotten something from the sheet. Have you read the rules yet? It is bound to be there.

Reactions: Peony
@Demmy and @Peony!

Your characters are fine, but it seems you have forgotten something from the sheet. Have you read the rules yet? It is bound to be there.
Whoops!!
Gee, I even read that in the rules before I started my CS. Guess I was rushing a little at the end ^^"
I'll go ahead and fix that right now~

Aish, it was originally a WIP so I must have forgotten to add it when I was finished. Oops. Heh, sorry.

prov-image-300dpi-gadling-bumper.jpg

Scanning
Scanning Completed!

Welcome to the Mysterious Misery Society, Ms. Iana! We see that besides science and magic, you also like paradoxes. That suits us just fine... Especially if you intend to subject yourself to various experiments. We are particularly interested in what you think of Schrödinger's Cat, human-sized boxes and buttons. Please let us know if you would like to indulge our curiousity at any time.

As for you, Ms. Miyako, we see that you do not like to play by the rules. Perhaps we could turn this to our advantage and make sure that all of our Magical Martian Unicorns are in great shape. Please report to the Magical Martian Unicorn training grounds if you would like to learn more. And do not mind the gigantic craters. We promise you that they are only decoration.

@Vicious Radiance, @Eteles, @Ravenfrost, @Thornapple, will you guys be posting soon?​

prov-image-300dpi-gadling-bumper.jpg

Scanning
Scanning Completed!

Welcome to the Mysterious Misery Society, Ms. Iana! We see that besides science and magic, you also like paradoxes. That suits us just fine... Especially if you intend to subject yourself to various experiments. We are particularly interested in what you think of Schrödinger's Cat, human-sized boxes and buttons. Please let us know if you would like to indulge our curiousity at any time.

As for you, Ms. Miyako, we see that you do not like to play by the rules. Perhaps we could turn this to our advantage and make sure that all of our Magical Martian Unicorns are in great shape. Please report to the Magical Martian Unicorn training grounds if you would like to learn more. And do not mind the gigantic craters. We promise you that they are only decoration.

@Vicious Radiance, @Eteles, @Ravenfrost, @Thornapple, will you guys be posting soon?​

Posted very recently, in the new corridor with scrawlings, as did Eteles. ? Now I really feel the mystery... XD I'm on a cell phone right now, with limited view, maybe I'm missing something.

Oh. Whoops. Sorry about that. I scrolled right past your and Eteles' post and it seemed as if you had not posted yet! Sorry for the trouble.

As @Vicious Radiance and @Thornapple have not responded, we will be moving on soon! @Peony and @Demmy, do you have anything in mind for the introductions of your characters or should I just bring you in whatever manner I find appropriate?

That is completely fine! If you feel too busy to keep up or have lost interest, I will remove you from the roster.

Please, whatever you find appropriate for her. I've been dying trying to figure out how to start.

@Lstorm

@Demmy and @Peony. Your characters have arrived at the scene a little too early. The only thing they remember was that they spent a few moments staring at the Taj Mahal and then everything went black. They woke up in the hallway, tied up as described in my post.

To everyone else, thank you for your patience with me! The fun is going to start soon.

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
Nice job "Alfred." :devil:

Just to clarify, the lucky newcomers are hanging by their waists, not wrists, and what has them in place that we can see? A pulley system? Harnesses made of rope? Webbing?

How tall is the ceiling and does anything reach up to it, such as ornamental pillars, etc.?

Just so I can stay within the bounds of possibilities!

Yes, they are hanging by their waists! The ropes are tied to anchoring points on the ceiling and the hallway is about five metres tall. The newcomer's characters are hanging so that their feet is roughly about two metres away from the ground, enough for a person of average height to pass under them. As for pillars and other things, you could technically scale the wall, but that would be too far to reach. Sadly, there are no pillars close by either, so you will have to rely on your wits (and team-mates) to provide you with a platform.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2 people
Oh man! Good thing that Jinks has her Indiana Jones satchel, hex background and that all the participants on the ground were gymnasts in high school! XD (Partially kidding...I think!)

Reactions: Villamvihar
Status
Not open for further replies.