Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, no. I could see how he would look like one of those dangerous-n'-badass characters at first glance, but when I play him he's really just, kind of a sad old man. XD His stabby side comes out in action-adventure games, (and occasionally behind closed doors with someone who's into that sort of thing cough blush ahem,) but in a game like this, the worst he's likely to do to someone is just feed them too many homemade cookies!

Name: Dariusz Tenenbaum

Appearance (Trust us, we really need this!):
If you noticed Dariusz - which you might not - the first thing you would see about him is his size. Dariusz is short. No, not just short; tiny. Dariusz looks like a little boy with an older boy's face. At a mere four feet, eleven inches, the world towers above Dariusz, and all his life he has been trying to stand up straighter to meet it.

His posture is civil and straight; his dull green eyes, hard as cold jade. For someone in a body that seems so childlike, Dariusz's features contradict his shape. His movements are precise, his gestures efficient: when he walks, he neither hurries nor dawdles. His hair - dark, curly, shoulder-length - is well groomed, but shows no signs of primping or preening. He grooms for hygiene and protocol - no more, no less.

Dariusz does not know that the tips of his ears and the peaks of his cheeks turn pink when he is flustered. He does not know that his fingers twitch when he is thinking. He does not know that he pouts when he is dubious of something. Nor does he know that this makes him look like an irate chipmunk. If he did, he would be quietly mortified, then quietly mortified about his quiet mortification. And then the components of his mind would politely agree to change the subject.

What Are You Good At?
Obeying orders
Building and repairing machines
Crafting with wood and metal
Adhering to his ethics
Standing his ground

What Are You Bad At?
Handling animals
Knowledge of modern culture (ie: Still not sure what 'gay' means; suspects it involves sex and rainbow hair.)
Knowing when to be flexible; he has difficulty with new ideas due to a traditional mindset
Reaching high shelves
Admitting and processing his feelings
A little bit awkward with English, particularly because he is literal-minded

Tell us a little about yourself in a maximum of four paragraphs!

The Tenenbaum family was once resided in the remote forest town of Szymborga. Szymborga is a conclave of eccentrics and recluses which hides in the northern woods in Poland, filled with mystics and tinhatters who have eschewed modern society in exchange for solitude and the sense of security that comes with knowing one's neighbors. Dariusz grew up happy there, homeschooled by his mother and father to carry on the family tradition of clockmaking. Around the fall of his 14th year, he was sent abroad to a variety of boarding schools to broaden his education.

Around the summer of his 18th year, a horrific forest fire struck the forest surrounding Szymborga.

Dariusz has had no contact from anyone in his family in months.

Lost in a foreign land with an antiquated skill set and no family, Dariusz now clings to life in a youth shelter, working as a repair and maintenance man for his bread and board.

Dyson Spheres are checked off on the form.

I hereby proclaim that I am a member of the mysterious misery society.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Vicious Radiance
vvv Jinks Fairway.jpg

Name: Jinks Fairway

Currently appears to be: 6 ft. redheaded female, pale skin, apparently in good health, strong, willowy, wears colored glasses, usually dresses in pullover sweater or t-shirt, jeans, leather jacket, boots. Minimum of makeup. Expression appears slightly supercilious at first glance. Second glance convinces you it was your imagination. Eyes down. Not prone to idle conversation. Moves quietly and stays in the background whenever possible. Soft-spoken. Strangely, some people feel something threatening about her.

What Are You Good At?
Smelling danger five days before it comes to roost. Noting all exits. Quick scans of people and surroundings to find all the cracks in the surface and hidden weapons. Creating a distraction / disappearing very suddenly. Totally changing appearance and demeanor so as to appear to be another person. Breaking into places. Manual labor and cheap jobs. Being on the run. Communing with the spirits. Bonding with animals.

What Are You Bad At?
Trust.
Relationships.
Staying anywhere for more than a year.
Steady jobs.
Having fun.
More Trust.

Tell us a little about yourself in a maximum of four paragraphs!

A drifter with no ties. Family was of a criminal persuasion – hustlers and grifters. Most of the women did fortune telling. Got involved over their heads one day with some crime lord and a supernatural rite that went wrong. Most dead now. Jinks has been on the run for some time. Safer for everyone that they split up.

But Jinks still feels something hot on her trail. Mob-related, cops, or demons? Probably all three. Doesn't get involved with anyone since she found her last two lovers horribly butchered.

Jinks has been trying to drum up some business of her – some protection from other realms, some kind of deal to put an end to this and save what's left of her people and is prepared to put her soul and life on the line.

In the meantime, she's getting damned tired of serving burgers and providing maid service.

Reluctantly marks the form…
Vampires and Elves
I hereby proclaim that I am a member of the mysterious misery society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Eteles
prov-image-300dpi-gadling-bumper.jpg

Scanning
Scanning Completed!

Welcome to the Mysterious Misery Society, Mr. Dariusz and Ms. Jinks! Please rest assured that no matter your situation, we will be able to handle your situation diplomatically. To be more specific, we are sure that we will not cause a First World War again. At least we hope so. Please trust us that we will do everything in our power to make sure that you have a wonderful time here. We also have an exorcism service that may be of use to you, Ms. Jinks.

As for you, Mr. Dariusz, we have noticed that you have only marked one thing on your paper. While this is not a dealbreaker for us, are you sure that that is the only thing you want out of life?

Reactions: Eteles
Reading the printed response thoroughly, Dariusz pursed his lips, furrowing his brow.

What I want out of life and what would make the world a better place are not necessarily the same, he argued, pen scratching quick. I would like very much to create a robot with advanced artificial intelligence. And cybernetic parts would be excellent prostheses, if they were not used for war. But I believe both are likely to be used for this purpose. Dyson spheres, however, could end scarcity, and thereby stop wars. Nodding to himself, he slipped the paper into the input on the scanner.

We understand your concerns, Mr. Dariusz.

In other news, I am going to move us ahead soon, but because of lack of activity on @Arcadia 's part, I will have to remove him from the roleplay.

And the next post is officially up! For our new members, feel free to join in at any time, even right now. The group is still at Dusk Avenue 57, and the square is currently occupied by many wooden fragments that look like they came out of a huge jigsaw puzzle. Which is to say, that it is almost completely certain that it is a jigsaw puzzle of some sorts. Currently, only vague patterns are visible. You are free to enlist Alfred's help for the challenge, maybe he can help you move the fragments around if you manage to stop his little rant!

@Jihae, @chaosheart13, @Eteles

You have not posted in the OOC or the IC thread for a while. Are you still on board or have you lost interest in the RP?

As @Eteles and @Jihae have not responded yet, we will be moving on tomorrow when I get my laptop back!

I apologize for my absence - personal issues have been keeping me away. I remain interested, but would like to abstain from posting until I am more certain of my ability to contribute, as it is easier to deal with someone who never showed up than someone who disappeared.

Name: Honeylove3 (aka Jacob Prize)

G24UiuN.jpg

What Are You Good At?
Not giving a shit, flirting with men, l33t gaming skills, coming up with plans

What Are You Bad At?
Initiating things, talking to women, finding motivation, not being an existentialist asshole.

Honeylove3 is the notoriously cute user haunting various internet websites and games. Well known for her bundle of e-boyfriends and "kawaii charm", encountering her in any online situation will most certainly end in an overdose of emoticons and instant infatuation. No avatar could possibly be more pink, frilly, or chipper than this.

All of this is well known, but only a select few know that Honeylove3 is not entirely what all gamers fantasize as the perfect woman. In fact, she is not a woman at all. The adorable mastermind behind Honeylover3 is actually just some run of the mill white dude named Jacob Prize. And no, he's not even cute. Skinny as a twig and chronically displayed a 5'o clock shadow, Jacob is what one might call a shut in. His ultimate goal was to catfish money from the ignorant desperate gamers that he targeted, but when he realized that he had no nudes to send nor a high enough voice to pull off phone calls, he quickly accepted his fate as an internet creep by fully embracing this new persona.

Without any real life friends, Honeylove3 became as much of Jacob's personality as his own deadbeat one (that nobody liked). Torn between his antisocial inclinations and the desire to woo men, he finally decided he needed help. That's when the flyer came.

x Harems
x Profit

I hereby proclaim that I am a member of the Mysterious Misery Society

• Love
Reactions: Vicious Radiance
prov-image-300dpi-gadling-bumper.jpg

Scanning
Scanning Completed!

We welcome you to the Mysterious Misery Society, Mister... Miss... HEY! YOU ARE THAT BAS-​
*WHAP*
We apologise for this minor inconvenience. We are fairly sure that no one within the Mysterious Misery Society will try to kill you again, Mister Jacob. Please ignore the dirty looks you may or may not get from our staff.

This post is also a reminder to @Jihae, @chaosheart13, @Kitti and @Vicious Radiance that they have not posted for a while! This especially goes for @Jihae. If you are reading this, that means you are in danger of being removed from the RP due to inactivity.[/hr]

Truthfully, I was waiting for other people to post because for some reason it doesn't sit well with me to do a post after only one other post. :'D

You do not absolutely have to post in the IC thread right now if you do not want to. I am just trying to see who is still with us from our wonderful cast of colourful characters.

[fieldbox=", maroon, solid"]
[bg=white]
222c2013fa683033a78334088a9d3648.jpg

"Would you like to see my wonderland?"

Full Name ::
Juniper Moon Callahan

Alias(es) ::
Luna, June, Juni, Cal

Gender & Preferred Pronouns ::
Female
She / Her

Date of Birth ::
August 9th

Sexuality ::
Unsure

Appearance

Personality

What are you good at?

What are you bad at?

Biography

Theme Song ::

[/bg]
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Just want to let you know my CS is a work in progress. I need to change out his character sheet for yours lol

Due to the constant personal issues at home, I am only able to manage one RP at the moment. Not only that, but I've completely missed alerts from this thread. It is safe to say that I will safely (and surely!) remove myself from The Mysterious Misery Society.

Revoke my membership violently or to your liking.

HI, yeah, sorry, I'm still in it, life just hit a bit of a rough spot! Gonna go post now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.