The Moon Exo-Knight Academy! (MEKA) (OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me either, by the way, is there a lore here? Or like, should i just write on some ?

Well, don't make any assumptions, if you want to know anything, just ask, but the Rp takes place in 2405, with the opening of the MEKA school. There's some information about that in the first post. MEKA have been used in military capacities before, but this is the first time they've been released to the public, so nobody has rode one yet in the rp. Your character should be written from the perspective that they haven't entered the school just yet, so any important info before then will do nicely.

Oh, Bionics do exist, mechanical limbs and the like.

I mean; are there any wars or social movements i should know, or, are aliens a thing? How far have we gone in space etc.
Worldbuilding stuff

We've got colonies starting up in mars, and space stations throughout our galaxy. There are serious exploration parties heading out to other habitable planets, now that space travel capabilities have increased, and we still don't know if there is other intelligent life out there.

ok, got ya. So far, she is joining the academy in order to further her goals of exploring the stars. She wants to be the first human to touch down on planets around sirus B. Also, her ex goes to the school. It's a super awkward situation.

Are... you going to make that character? Keep in mind, not just anybody can get in, paying for the mech fees alone require amazing scholarships or for you to be rolling in dough. Since all the players here are the first batch of students, the ex can't already be there. So, could you make a sheet for them, or something like that?

Well, anything you want to know, just ask!

i want to know many things. so, like, is earth unified, or like, what?

Despite all our advancements, the earth still remains at odds with each other. Countries are mostly the same as they were, however, Korea is just one nation, all democratic now, China's government has relaxed and helped make the planet cleaner, and russia is the same ol, but has taken over some european countries that were in the USSR before.

Basically, yes. There is some debate, however, given that Mars has a high enough population and is so far away... that it might be it's own country. Much like the british with america in the past.

It's certainly possible. Currently people on the side that say it's earth territory would call her a colonist, but the people of mars would say "martians"

Generations have passed on mars, so, nobody who was born on mars was there when they first settled. I'd say it's been about 300 years.

Unfortunately not. AI has come a long way, but it still lacks sentience. That said, there will be an AI introduced in the rp that manages student data, and it can somewhat mimic normal human speech!

Dangit...

I was hoping for some Titanfall mech intelligence... XD

Dangit...

I was hoping for some Titanfall mech intelligence... XD
Nope, just the school system, though, you can just talk to it if you like, there's no rules against that! It's very advanced, it just doesn't have sentience. No free will, or anything like that. That said, it IS programmed with a personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.