• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'll go back to your room, I really need to sleep." She whispered, holding onto him as they walked. "Can you just carry me?" She asked as she closed her eyes, and easily jumped into his arms.

Devin wasn't one to really liked being carried, but she felt sick, like really sick.

"You're not dying on me, are you? I mean, I know this is all surprising for you, babe, but fuck, do't die on me," he laughed weakly. As worried as he was, he had to admit that having her in his arms was nice. After her realising who and what he is, he didn't think she would even stay in his company, so this... was a nice surprise.

"I... I'm worried," he continued slowly as he trailed to his childhood bedroom. "I can't lose you, Devin. What's wrong? Are you just sick, o-or is it your head...?"​

Once they finally got to the room, she tiredly crawled into bed, laying down on it as she tiredly kicks doff her shoes. She tried not to think about how they were in some crazy alien ship as she held onto her stomach. She felt so nauseous, and had a killer headache.

"I'm not dying." She mumbled as she closed her eyes. She didn't really take a look around the room Octavious grew up in, mostly because she was tired and sick.

"Oh yeah? How do you know you're not dying, smartass? Since when did you become a doctor, Devin?" He challenged in that typically cocky, smug sort of way, moving to dutifully lay beside her as the doting boyfriend. He didn't entirely care if she was sick and he could catch something - he wanted to support her and be there as she slept and when she woke up.

"...I'm sure there's medicine on board somewhere, so... if you're sick, I could go and get something for you? I don't like seeing you like this-- you never get fucking sick, Dev."​

• Love
Reactions: ForeverRed
"Everyone gets sick one in a while, Octavious." Answered the girl before opening her eyes to look at her boyfriend. So many thoughts were racing through her mind. He...He ate people before.

When hr first met her...He was planning on eating that Alien. That made her feel a bit more sick. Closing her eyes, she forced herself to cuddle into him and try to rest. "...Octavious....No more alien talk for the night? Please? I...Just want to forget, even if its only for a little."

"No more alien talk? But I'm an alien and I like talking, Devin-- but fine, you win. I'll shut up and I'll stay right here-- I'll only go to sort things out with my Mom, I suppose. Make sure she doesn't start killing Gem or Blyke," he laughed weakly, until realising that this wasn't... entirely the right time or place to start joking about. She was still trying to get over the fact he was an alien, so joking about it... wasn't going to help her come to terms with that. "Yeah, just... sorry. You sleep, babe. I'll be right here, okay?"​

Devin opened her eyes one more time. Those blue eyes were filled with nothing but hurt, sadness, and confusion. Nodding softly, she closed her eyes and buried her face into him.

She began to wonder how did any of this happened? How did she allow herself to fall so deeply in love with this man, that she would still be laying right beside him after he betrayed her? And she knew exactly when it started. That damn smile of his. She fell in love with him randomly when he smiled at her, told her how pretty she looked even when she was dirty and covered in mud and blood. She fell in love with him.

But...Why? Why did it have to be him? Why did she have to love an alien...an alien who would become a king. A species who killed her family. Destroyed her life. Killed off her soul. Stole her little brother from her. Why did she fall for him. She felt like she was betraying her family be loving this man. And that made her sick.

Octavius wasn't an idiot. He knew all of those thoughts would be bashing around her head the moment the truth sunk in, and he knew that everything he had built up was at risk of falling down... but he was banking on her love for him to keep things together. His life was in tatters, and he was barely holding onto the life he loved, but he was hoping -praying- that Devin would see that he hadn't lied about his feelings. That he had taken part in defending humans and that he was as much an outsider to his own people as the humans were. He had been exiled for killing them, long before he even met Devin. Surely that showed her that he wasn't using her, and that he genuinely felt all these loving feelings for her?

An hour or so later, he was laid beside her as promised. In that time, he had gone to make sure that his friends wouldn't be killed, even if his mother refused to let them go. She knew that if she kept hold of them, and used them as hostages, Octavius couldn't run away. If he did, they'd be dead, so she was using them -and Devin- as ways of making sure Octavius stayed on board and fulfilled his role. She wanted him to take over from his father, and while he would have to, he wasn't planning on hurting anyone. He planned on ending the fighting, making a deal with Jacob and then... heading home. He couldn't stay on Earth, not now. The aliens were never going to be able to live in peace with humans, and he didn't want to spend his life having to defend himself from attacks. He would rather return home - it would at least give Devin a chance to live normally and healthily, to rebuild her life, even if he wasn't in it.​

Devin stirred a bit as he got back into bed, her eyes opened an looked over at them. At first they were just warm and filled with affection, like normal. Moving to cuddle into she purred softly, until glancing around the room. Instantly she remembered everything. Her body stiffened a bit, she wanted to believe it was all a dream. But it wasn't.

Sitting up from the grand bed, she glanced around the room with a deepening grimace. "...Gem...And Blyke?" She weakly asked glancing back over at her boyfriend. "...They're okay right?"

"Oh, yeah. My mother isn't letting them leave, but at least they're alive-- look, Devin, you know I have to go home, right? I mean, that's literally the only way my mother will allow you and the others to leave. Sucks, I know, but I'd rather you build a life back and... I dunno, have a life again without this shit from me and my people, so-- hey, I love you, don't forget that. I know you kinda hate me, but I've always loved you. That was never a lie," he promised as he stole a quick kiss, regardless of whether she wanted him to or not. Frankly, he felt entitled to get a lass kiss from her, especially if he was just going to leave and never return again.

"...Not that I want to leave, by the way, but it seems the only logical option. You ain't going to come with me to my planet, obviously, and I... I won't make you run and hide with me. Running away again would mean we could be together, b-but I'll never force that upon you, aha..."​

"....Leave? Wait, just wait. Why do you have to go with them?! Why can't that brother of yours just be King. O can forget this even happened and we can go back to living peacefully with them gone...I...I don't want to loose you over something like this. We can't.... We can't be apart I..." She whimpered and looked down at her lap with watering eyes.

"Because I'm my mother's favourite son. I mean, that's why she locked me in my bedroom-- I guess you don't want to hear about that, but I... I don't think she's going to let me out of her sight now. I can't kill her because then... I'd be killed for it and then there'd be chaos, Devin. Trust me, I've contemplated every scenario, and there's not one I can find that'll keep us together, other than running-- but I don't want to do that. I want you to have a good life, you know? Running and having to hide all your life ain't... great," he tiredly admitted, having thought that he was doing the right thing, but he did begin to doubt himself the moment he saw the tearful reaction... even if that also confirmed that she still loved him.

"What do you want to do then, babe?" He finally asked, deciding that she held all the cards and that she ought to be the one to make the decision. He would do anything for her, even if that was to leave and never come back-- but neither of them seemed to like that option much.​

"....Damn I don't know Octavious! I just- dunno!" She snapped, tears making her blue eyes appear to be bluer. She couldn't think under all this pressure. And she knew that she didn't want him to leave. Yet him leaving, would basically save the world. It would be war torn, and broken. But the remaining humans would heal and learn to live again.

But she was selfish. She didn't care about the rest of the world. She didn't want to give up a man she truly loved, to save everyone else. Her eyes watering she moved to hug him tightly, wiping her eyes. "....I don't want to give you up....I don't care if I'm selfish...I don't care if we have to run and hide all of our lives. I'll be fine if you're there...I..." She paused a bit, feeling a wave of nausea come over her.

"You do realise that... my Mother will take her anger out on humans when she realises I've escaped again with you-- and the others. I'm not leaving Blyke and Gem here. I... I would go and get Grace, but I think Jacob can protect her," he babbled, albeit with a wide grin now on his face. He didn't remotely care about anyone else other than the humans he cared about. He would sacrifice everyone else if it meant he could be with Devin, and retain his friendships with Blyke and Gem - Jacob would be just fine protecting Grace, he was sure about that.

"Maybe we could go somewhere quiet? The middle of nowhere? That'd be cute. Just some cute little cottage in the country-- where you can get some good, country air. Fuck Devin, you're too sick. I... I won't go anywhere if you're sick. What if you die on me? I'll be stuck with Blyke and Gem and they hate me," he mumbled, moving closer to her with his hand pressed against her forehead curiously. "You're too warm..."​

"I'll be....Fine." Mumbled Devin as she cuddled into Octavious, groaning softly.

Three taps were sounded on the door. Quietly, it opened to reveal a young woman. The old caretaker of Octavious. She looked at him, then at the human with slight disgust. Gliding over to the woman, she looked at her, before looking at Octavious. "...I guess her body isn't a strong enough host. You did this to her."

Devin backed away, glaring at the woman. "Did what?" Spat out Devin, still having that green undertone

"Come and see our doctor, and you'll know what he's done to you."fb1c1dd746aa2d1d18f87e2bd11639ba-db0ccgr.jpg

"You make out like I've deliberately done something fucking wrong. How about you, y'know, fuck off before I get mad? I'm still the Prince around here. Just because I don't want to be doesn't mean I'm not. Now run along, hm? Why don't you go hang around my brother some more? We all know you fancy him-- even if he'll never go for you. Or any girl, actually," muttered Octavius, swearing bitterly in his own language, even if he was trying not to use it. He didn't want to annoy Devin-- even if he was past the point of caring what he said at the moment. He finally seemed to realise what was causing her sickness, and it did make him awkwardly sit on the bed with an unreadable expression.

"...She thinks you're pregnant," he muttered after a moment, glancing up at Devin from his spot on the bed. "I mean... fuck, I... I'm not fucking doing this, it's... we can't go running off if you're pregnant."

"I don't think I know she is. Look at her! You may be a Prince, but you're disgracing you're entire race my impregnating a human!" Spat out the caretaker, Melody, in their native tongue.

Devin looked at Octavious, afraid now. "W...What? No...No I'm not ready, at least not for five years I...I..." She panicked getting out the bed to pace the room

"May I remind you, Melody dear, that I used to eat my own people? Didn't I kill your sweet cousin? She tasted great, by the way-- don't fuck around with me. I'll kill you in a heartbeat. Devin being pregnant isn't an abomination. Keep your judgemental old nose out of my business," he responded vitriolically, his anger directed at her far from subtle. Hell, he went as far as to press close and threateningly pin her to the wall, though stopped it from going any further with a calm, clear exhale. Moving to the person that counted most in the situation -Devin-, he grabbed her hands with a small, though equally nervous grin on his face.

"Hey, I'm not abandoning you, or telling you to go get rid of it, or... I mean, it's definitely put a spanner in the works, babe, not gonna lie. And fuck, your body's going to go to shit for awhile, but I'll get over it," he lightly teased in his typically cheeky way-- though it wasn't serious, not at all. He'd love her regardless of how she looked. He loved her for her... though admittedly, Devin being gorgeous was a good bonus.

Grabbing her by her hips lightly, to pull their bodies up close, he continued to smile, if only to help calm her down. "It'll probably be hell for you, I ain't gonna lie. It's gonna be tough on you and... carrying a halfling ain't easy, but we'll cope, won't we~? We'll travel, we'll find somewhere safe and... I'll carry you the whole way if I need to. Look, we're a team. You, me, Blyke and Gem. We'll... We can totally do this. A baby? No problem, totally easy."

"No problem?! Oct this I a huge fucking problem!" She yelled, tears in her eyes as she shoved him away. She didn't feel like being touched. It was a lot to handle at the moment.

Melody glared at Octvaious, before muttering, "You forget she's human. Our kind are stronger than her. That baby could easily kill her and I hope it does." Hissed the woman before leaving.

"What the fuck did she just say? Did she say something about me?!" Growled Devin, flaring at where the woman stood.

"Jeez, calm down, firecracker. When did you get this angry? Is it the hormones? Is that shit starting already? Ugh. You're hard to deal with without the fucking hormonal changes," he laughed weakly as he sat back on the bed, knowing not to go near her when she was so stressed and trying to come to terms with what was happening.

"She didn't say anything. Just... reminded me that... maybe this baby could kill you-- not that it will! Melody's dramatic, she's known for exaggerating things. I... I'm really certain you'll be fine. Besides, if it helps, pregnancies in my kind only last, like, six months. That's easier for you," he admitted in an attempt to calm her down... even if he had also just mentioned the fact her life was on the line seconds prior. "Since when did you fear things, anyway? The baby will be fine, you'll be fine... We just need to leave before my Mother finds out. Melody's a brat, she'll go tell her, so let's leave-- my Mom won't let you leave if she realises you're having my kid, y'know?"​