"Well....I mean...You um..You realize I am a man, and you..As I've said before you have a rather nice body so I did picture myself having sex with you, but I didn't think it would happen. You're so innocent....Well at least I thought you were innocent." Chuckled the man as he leaned back against the grand headboard.

"...We're going to be late for that dinner huh? Did you want to go, or just lay up here." He asked, leaning against her as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"If I don't go, they'll end up hating me, won't they? And if I do go, they'll just sit glaring at me the whole time. I can hardly win. I... I suppose I'll have to go, won't I? It's alright for you. You're close friends with the King. I, on the other hand, wouldn't be here if we weren't... sort of... together," she awkwardly babbled, realising just how dubious their friendship was. She couldn't get carried away and say they were dating - they had had sex once, it was hardly a major thing. However, they were hardly just friends anymore.

Moving to pull her ragged dress on, she grimaced to herself at how poor she looked. When she would be dining with the royals, she wanted to look nice-- but she only had her servant clothes until she was given nicer ones. "...I'd love to lay here and sleep, but we have to show up. At least I'll get to try the royal food, properly. I bet it's amazing..."​

"I'm sure it is." He stated, pulling his own clothes on. Blyke moved to cup her cheeks, placing a kiss on her cheeks. "Alright, let's go." He whispered as he stroked her hair down. "...You look beautiful."

Taking her hand tightly, he sighed and ran his hand through his hair to make it look at least neat. "Alright, lets get going. If anyone of them look at you funny we'll leave alright? I'm not tolerating any of it."

Nodding in agreement, she knew deep down that she wouldn't allow him to make that sort of statement. Even if everyone looked funnily at her, she would sit and take it. This was the most daunting situation she had been in in her life, but she was determined to show respect to the royals... and leaving the table like that would just be detrimental. She knew she had to sit and take whatever they threw at her, and when she had Blyke at her side, she knew she would cope.

Within the minute, the girl was dead silent, sat beside said man at the table while taking sneaking glances at everyone, from Octavius and Devin, to Jacob, Grace and their son. The one person missing was Gem, and Octavius refused to say a word until she arrived - it was only custom to wait until everyone was seated before starting anything.

Eventually, the door opened to allow Gem to enter, the girl accompanied by a guard who had brought her-- though the guard caught Octavius' attention almost immediately. The alien was stood incredibly close to Gem, almost looking protective of her, and as he pulled the seat out for her, he did lean down to whisper in her ear. While there was nothing suspicious about that, the faint kiss he left on her cheek was. Nobody noticed really, besides Octavius, who scrunched his lips up furiously. He ought to be mature and let it slide by, after all Gem had been through... but when had Octavius ever been mature?

"Does your boyfriend want to take a seat too, Gem? I assume you're fucking him."

969.jpg

Gem glared at Octavious obviously angry with him as well. "Fuck off, Octavious." Hissed the woman. Blyke instantly went over and pulled her into a tight hug, having not seen her this entire time. Hell he wasn't sure if she would be alive. Gem flashed him a smile, kissing his cheek before they both sat down, holding each other's hand tightly. They've been close since they were children, so it was normal.

Devin glanced at the two before looking st her husband and shooting him a glare. "...Gem I'm happy your-"

"Don't right now okay?" She hissed, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Jacob was holding his some Maddox, stroking his deep hair down before glancing at Grace. "Well should we get to eat know that everyone's here?"

"Seriously, why doesn't your boyfriend came take a seat too? If Blyke can sit with that-- his girlfriend--" Began Octavius, with a faint smile towards the couple, clearly doing his best to stay on the polite side. "--Then you can have your lovely boyfriend sit with us. I'm not going to be rude, Gem. Sure, he's disrespected me greatly by involving himself with you. He is a guard of mine, and he's been consorting with you without informing me, but I can shrug it off easily. Come on, do sit down, pal. What's your name? I can't possibly know all the names of my guards, I have hundreds."

"...Ashley, sir. Just Ash is fine," answered the guard coolly from the side, his back straight and arms steady, despite the growing scowl on his lips. Over the months he had got to know Gem, he had become more and more hateful of his future King and Queen. He learned how they had ignored her, made her to be little more than a servant after all they'd gone through, and it had changed his opinion on Octavius greatly. He had admired him, but that had become deep rooted disgust and hatred.

The handsome guard bit his lip from saying anything more, slipping down beside Gem and keeping as calm as he possibly could. Removing his jacket to place over the chair behind him, he offered Gem a tight-lipped smile, just to reassure her he could keep his cool and be respectful, just so the dinner didn't end in disaster.

Placing a hand over that guard's hands. Gem loved Ashley's hands, they felt and looked like worn leather. She could tell that meant years of hard work for him, meaning he was dedicated to his job. Which she completely loved. Yes he was an alien, and yes she hated them. But she couldn't help but fall for Ashley. He always treated her so kindly, never once calling her scum. Always bringing her warm food to eat. Glancing at her cousin happily wishing only to speak to hun, she glances at the future King and Queen. "....I'm glad you two have been living wonderfully while we lived in complete hell." Hissed Gem, glaring at them.

"Tread carefully Gem, you speak to royalty." Chirped in Blyke sarcastically.

"Alright, alright. We're sorry for the billionth time. Honestly, I'm sorry." Devin grimaced at them, rubbing her stomach to soothe the kicks from her rowdy baby.

"Billionth time. Don't be sarcastic, they don't appreciate us trying our best to make up for our mistakes, love. I mean, they don't understand that we had a lot on our plates and that once we realised they were being treated terribly, we acted quickly to get them out of it, hm? They're just being cruel and stubborn," answered Octavius, deliberately using the third person to piss the humans off. Hell, if they weren't going to accept the apologies, then fuck them: he wasn't going to talk to them directly. Instead, he spent a moment happily smiling at his fiancee, hardly able to believe she was in love with him. He did feel like he was incredibly lucky that she even showed him an ounce of attention, let alone be in love with him and spend months carrying his child.

"...If I can speak out of term, sir, you're a fucking asshole," suddenly snapped Ashley in English - his species did learn things quickly, and it didn't take too long for Devin to teach him the language. In return, he taught her bits and pieces of self-defence, figuring that it was something he could help her with. He didn't know much else, if truth be told, and he wanted to do something to show her how much he appreciated her helping him. Especially if he could cuss at his future King and watch the surprise on his face - that was priceless. "How about you stop berating my... girlfriend and realise she isn't going to forget about this in seconds? She's at the table with you, that should tell you she cares enough, but don't expect some forgiveness for a while. If... it was up to me, I wouldn't allow you anywhere near her, but you're our future King, I... I haven't got a choice."

Sucking his breath in between his teeth, Octavius' smile vanished in seconds at the very open disgust shown by one of his soldiers. He didn't react as he wanted to. He wanted to shove the man up against a wall and have him beaten up-- but he didn't, mostly because he was Gem's boyfriend and he wanted to win back her friendship. He couldn't do that if he had her boyfriend beaten up. "...I deserve that," he finally grimaced. "Alright? I accept I've been... a fucking asshole, Gem. I just want you to be open to forgiving me. I have a child on the way, I'd like you to be involved. You and Blyke should be close to my baby... It wouldn't feel right if you were strangers."