The alien, Sebastian, toes curled up in his shoes, and he felt a blush creeping up to color his fair cheeks. His doe like eyes darted away. His eyes resembled two big chunks of coal, dark yet enchanting. Chewing on his big lower lip, he mumbled out, "I wasn't looking for him. And so what if I was, he's my friend." Growled the man. Being gay in their world was...Looked down upon greatly. You can't make children my being gay, so you can't pass on the bloodline. And for a Prince like Axel to be gay, when most of his siblings were dead? That was a crisis.

Devin slapped Octavious's arm, her way of saying be nice. Sebastian was one of the nicer aliens to her. He may seem posh and stuck ho, and pretty blunt, but...Sebastian was sweet and helped her out sometimes. Most aliens wouldn't have done that. And considering who he was dating, she thought he would be mean. "Sebastian, you could join us if you want. We have some snacks." She told him with a kind smile.

"Getting invited to have some snacks with the future King and Queen is an honour, Sebastian. You can't turn down such an offer. Hey, let's invite everyone in. I just want to be with Devin, but apparently nobody respects privacy anymore, so come sit down, Seb, and stuff your mouth with sweets--"

"You're being so rude. Ignore him, Sebastian. You're a dear friend to the family, and... you're entitled to sit down with us, as a friend. Drink up some wine," smiled Grace sweetly, doing her best to counteract her brother's teases. "...Maybe you can hold Maddox? I'd like to give my arms a little rest, and Jacob... isn't allowed to hold him until tonight. One of Mother's horrible rules-- once Octavius is King, they'll change. He'll make things better."

"I'm an asshole, but I... will make things easier, alright, Sebastian? For you and my brother," he subtly murmured, dropping references without making the clear statement. It was too dangerous telling him he knew they were gay - anyone could walk by the room and overhear. "Devin and I want to make a change, don't we~?"​

Sebastian glanced at Octavious, his eyes a bit wide. Smiling as a thank you, he gently took the Baby. Looking down at Maddox, he softly kissed his forehead. "So...Devin are you excited for motherhood?" He asked the woman with a smile.

"Well of course! I'm holding a prince in my stomach. That's so cool really. I don't know what to name him. Maybe I'll name him after my amazing boyfriend....Or after my brother." She mumbled as she thought about it.

"...We'll name him after your brother. I mean, I... didn't have any cool suggestions and you actually loved your brother. My brothers -the ones I killed- were assholes. We should name him after yours," promised Octavius immediately, running his thumb over her knuckles lovingly after adjusting the crown on her head for her with an amused smile. When they first met, neither of them would have predicted this. She hated him and could barely stand his presence. Now she was the future Queen and was very visibly pregnant with their first child. "You know, I love you--"

"S-Sire? Ma'am? I... the Queen requests your company," babbled a maid as she burst onto the cute scene. Normally, she would never interrupt without knocking, but for now, she took her orders from the Queen. Until their coronation, Octavius and Devin weren't the highest-status people - the Queen was. "I... Miss Grace, you should join too, your Mother wishes to meet with her children, without h-hesitation..."​

Devin glanced at the man, before standing up with much struggle. Rubbing her stomach to soothe the kicks of little Jamie, she glanced at her husband worried. Why would the Queen need them right now? Hopefully they would be okay.

Sebastian looked at Grace, before smiling politely. "Why you speak to your mother bill watch your son if you want. I don't mind holding him, he's falling asleep anyway."

"...I assume my Mother wants to rant about something that's upset her, so... yes, I think it's best that Maddox stays with you. I'll be right back, so he shouldn't cry or get grizzly. If he does and you don't know what to do, go and find Jacob. Even if he can't hold him, Maddox always quietens down when Jacob's near." Grace babbled, mostly because she didn't really leave Maddox alone with others. She did trust Sebastian, having known him all her life, but it was still something she worried about. However, the fact her Mother wanted to see them all was chiefly important.

"I hope you've been adhering to our rules, Devin," murmured the grand woman once seeing them enter anther of the large halls, the current Queen sat on a chair with a hefty glass of wine in hand. If there was one thing she liked about the human world, it was their alcohol - and she made sure to steal boxes and boxes of fine wine before they left. "Learning our language and getting prepared for the coronation speech, which had better be perfect. There's no excuse."

"She's pregnant, Mother. I think that, if the speech theoretically isn't perfect, she has that as a pretty major excuse. It's not even her language, can't you be a little understanding--"

"Do be quiet, Grace. Since you cavorted with that horrendous human man, you've been far too... talkative. I preferred you when you didn't talk," drawled the Queen flatly while examining her long nails. "...It's a shame. I only have you two left. My beautiful Octavius and... you, Grace. Your brother has disappointed me, yet again. I should never have given him so much attention. Do you realise how disgusted he has made me? How... if the news got out, how much horror would wash over our family name?"

"...Where is Axel, Mother? What-- where is he?" Octavius finally spoke, glaring at the woman without trying to seem overly mad... even if he was. Axel was usually glued to his mother's side, and not seeing him now, with how disgusted his mother was talking about him, did raise alarm bells. Axel may have been a jerk to him over their childhood, but he did love him - he was his only surviving brother, and he didn't deserve to be killed, especially not for being gay. That was no reason to be harmed.

"Axel... My little soldier. You know, he is the one son I had who truly tried his best for me. He worked hard, he did as I asked-- then I discover he has such horrible, disgusting thoughts? This is why he wouldn't marry that darling girl when I asked. Not quite his type-- he's down in the cells, I haven't harmed him yet. It can wait until after your coronation, darling. I won't ruin your special moment. Now, forget all that, it's so depressing. Come and sit, I want to talk to you and Devin about this baby you're having~"​

Devin grimaced at hearing Axel was thrown in a cell. How could she do that to her own son? He stuck by her all this time and she repays him by throwing him in some cell, simply because he doesn't like girls? That was messed up.

Rubbing her stomach to soothe the kicks in them, she didn't say much to the Queen. Other than, "the baby's healthy. We're naming him Jamie." She didn't want to speak to her, or be in the same room.

"I won't allow that, it's not a regal name. I was furious when Grace named that son of hers 'Maddox'. It's not very regal."

"...It was the name of Jacob's father, who died, Mother. I wanted to respect him. We ruined so many human lives, including my boyfriend's. I... I wanted to pay my respect like this, s-so please, don't insult my son, or my boyfriend's father. May I see Axel? I... I want to make sure he's okay. He hates the dark, you know that."

"Oh, it's the least he deserves. He's lucky I haven't killed him yet. There's no excuse for his... disgusting fantasies, but I won't have it ruining my precious son's coronation," cooed the woman happily. Clearly, she only really ever had time for Octavius. He was her firstborn, her first true love-- and the only child she really could stand to spend time with. He had killed his own people and he had impregnated a human, but she could see past all that. He couldn't really do a thing wrong. "...Jamie's a cute enough name, I suppose. How many more children are you planning on having? I do hope you come up with more royal-suited names in future, Devin. You'll be Queen very soon, and you need to start thinking like one-- you at least look like one, now, which is... a miracle."​

Devin shot her a glare, before completely ignoring her insults to Jamie's name, and her insults to her looks. "...I would like to see Axel." Mumbled the future Queen as she stood up. "That's fine isn't it. You wouldn't want to upset me, Jamie here could come two months early if you do upset me." She stated, rubbing her stomach. She knew no one wanted that. Everything was scheduled perfectly for Devin.

First coronation, then the wedding, and finally she would give birth to the Prince. So no one wanted to disrupt her. Taking her boyfriend's hand, she tugged him a bit so he would take her to the cells.

"...I won't be long, Mother. I think Grace wants a word with you," smiled Octavius, shooting his sister an apologetic glance. Afterall, he didn't want to leave her with their Mother, but he also didn't want the woman following them to the cells on board either. Grace knew that, and while she wasn't entirely happy in her mother's company, she would sacrifice herself for a few minutes, just so Axel could speek freely without their Mother standing neabry and taunting him.

"He won't be killed, I won't allow that. He's... not done anything wrong-- is it wrong of me, though, that I find you incredibly attractive when you outsmart my mother and act so stern and Queen-like?" Grinned Octavius as he delighted in having a moment to themselves, at last. Looping an arm around her waist easily, he did pull her in for a kiss-- nothing too passionate, but at least to show her that he loved her. Hell, it was hard not kissing her too passionately, but he managed it, which he was proud of himself for.

The cells... were a horrendous place. They were cramped, dark and not fit for animals, let alone a Prince. Though, Axel sat in the only occupied cell, his legs pressed to his chest and his eyes shut tightly, just to fill his mind with some images to distract him. His mother had found out he was gay when overhearing him talk to Sebastian, and say how much he loved him. Thankfully, Sebastian left just in time-- and no amount of torture or threats were going to get Axel to reveal his name. He had already been hit a few times by his mother in her anger and disgust, which was why he nursed a bloody nose, holding his tissue to it-- until spotting his brother and future sister-in-law wander in.

"Oh, fuck off. Have you come to gloat? Mr and Mrs. Fucking Perfect," he spat under his breath, keeping his eyes glued to the floor. He was incredibly jealous of them, everyone more or less knew that. They could love one another without judgement, they had a child on the way and they would be King and Queen. He wanted to be King. When his father died, and with Octavius nowhere to be seen, Axel assumed he would be given the title. Instead, his mother sent soldiers to search for her precious firstborn, and Axel was, again, ignored. It wasn't anything new. All the Queen's children were ignored, besides Octavius. He was the favourite, and always had been.

"...Is Sebastian alright? She hasn't hurt him, has she? I haven't... told her about... him and me-- I know you both know. It's hardly subtle. Grace has always known, and she can't keep a secret."​

"Sebastian just fine. He's been looking for you though. Earlier he was aimlessly walking around to find you." Stated Devin, grimacing at how beat up he looked. "....We won't tell anyone about Sebastian but...I don't think we should tell Sebastian you're here. If he find out your here he'll run to you...And then everyone will know he's your boyfriend." Whispered Devin.

"...And I don't think your mother will be...As merciful to him as she was to you. She'll probably kill him on the spot." However she didn't know what to tell Sebastian when he began asking around for Axel.

"Don't you think I know that? I just-- don't tell him where I am. Tell him I... I'm busy writing a speech for the wedding or something like that, that I won't be interrupted. When you guys are crowned and married, then you can get me out of here, right? I'm gay, it's not a crime. When you're on the throne, you-- you can change things. There are hundreds of kids back home who hide who they are-- fuck, I've hidden it for a hundred years. It's hell. I just want to marry Sebastian, it's not... like I'm asking for something impossible," he sighed heavily, tenderly dabbing at his nose before letting his bitterness drop. He may be jealous of the two, but he did trust them to change things. Besides, Devin... was rather nice, and she was a breath of fresh air. She wasn't pretentious or prissy, or a typical royal. She was someone he could have a beer with and laugh all night with, if he let his jealousy leave.

"...How's my nephew doing?" He finally asked, getting up off the floor tiredly. "Still kicking you to death?"​

Devin smiled a bit when he asked about the baby. Rubbing her stomach, she couldn't help but cackle. "Yay, the little brat has some legs on em." She joked, with a bright smile. "...We're naming him Jamie. After my brother. I think that will be nice you know? Honoring my brother's memory. He's such...Well was such a sweet kid. So I hope Jamie will grow up and be just as sweet...But that would be hard, considering his dad's a jackass." She teased her boyfriend as she kissed his cheek lovingly.

Was this a way a future Queen should talk? No. But she couldn't just change the way she was. Sure she could act the part when needed to, but when she was around friends, she would be herself.

"You're the one that fell in love with me, Devin. I think that says a lot about you, that you fell for a 'jackass'. But honestly, can you try and eat spicy food and get this whole thing hurried along? I want Jamie out to be a Dad to the kid, to see how he looks and all that, but also so we can be close again in bed. It ain't stopped us having sex, but it's not easy to get close to you when you're like this, Devin--"

"He's so charming, isn't he, my brother. I imagine carrying your child isn't easy, so get your filthy mind off sex and have some respect for the girl. I know you and I have butted heads occasionally, Devin, but... you're carrying my nephew. I respect you for that. Just... give him a slap if he's being this cheeky. He's always pushed his luck. When we were children, he broke all my toys and I was the one who was punished. He was Mommy's precious little boy. Nothing's changed."

"...Well, you won't be babysitting for us, how awfully rude," snorted Octavius teasingly, his arms still wrapped around Devin. He didn't... get many moments with her like this, so he was going to seize them. Everyone wanted Devin's attention, to practise speeches and to get her to be Queen material. All he wanted was to be with her and show her he loved her.​

"Don't worry, I knows he's cheeky, and I know how to handle him. I just hope, and pray Jamie's not going to be like this." She giggled, but actually she thought it would be sweet if Jamie was his father's twin. It would be a lot to handle, but it would be adorable.

Glancing at her future brother in law, she smiled brightly at him. "Don't worry though. Once we've got the throne, you'll be out of here. And we are changing that silly law. Right babe?"

"Sure, obviously. Changing people's opinions is harder, but give it time, I guess. Anyway, just be patient. We'll make sure Mother doesn't realise Sebastian's your boyfriend-- even though you weren't very subtle. You were always checking out his ass, Axel. Learn to do it discreetly--"

"You're actually disgusting. And you're the future King? God, the planet's ruined," sighed Axel dramatically, though his smile eventually grew on his lips. Just being visited by the two was a comfort - it made him realise that he was at least supported. "Look after him, would you? He's... special to me. I want to marry him and... I want to make sure he's safe, s-so..."​

"I will. Sebastian is a good friend of mine. I'll make sure he's fine, and that he won't find out about where you are. I'll bring you some food everyday. Promise. Jeez I still can't believe your mother would do this to her own son. Aren't you guys supposed to be some advanced civilization. How could she get mad over love?" Grumbled Devin, honestly angry at the current Queen.

"Ah well, don't judge us all based on my Mother's crazy beliefs. I don't give a shit what sexuality you are, just be a nice person, y'know? And Grace is easily the nicest person I know. She's... so kind to everyone. How she ended up with Jacob confuses the hell out of me, but they love one another," smiled Octavius as he bid his brother goodbye, grinning slowly at the thought of Jacob. Seeing the man learn the language and look more... alien was something he was never going to stop teasing him about. Soon, Jacob would be a Prince, and part of the royal family. That only gave Octavius more opportunities to take the piss out of him.

"What shall we do now? We could practise your speech, or... I don't know, go take a shower together~? Do something romantic~"​

At hearing the word 'speech', her face instantly pinched, and she scrunched her nose in distaste. "I am so tired of that damn speech. Let's take a shower so I can take all of this stupid fancy Queen dresses." Grumbled the girl ad she took his hand before kissing him softly.

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"I thought you liked all the fancy dresses? I adore them on you, anyway, almost as much as I like taking them off," he grinned, nudging her to make sure she understood the playful flirtation, before stiffening and straightening his back a little. To get to their room, they did have to pass by a few busy aliens all hurrying past. After all, while it had the appearance of a home, it was still a ship, and they were dozens of aliens making sure everything was running smoothly with the ship's technical architecture to avoid system failure. It did disrupt the domestic appearance, and it did also force Octavius to have to act kingly. In his own castle, he wouldn't need to be so on edge.​