1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
The Heart Of Kiyohime

Sign-ups | IC

The emperor, who has been quite ill for some time, is the last remaining member of his family and is now looking for a successor to the throne. Traditionally the emperor would have had plenty of heirs to choose from, but he was unable to conceive a child. He made a royal proclamation in the capital city that anyone who brings him the heart of Kiyohime - a dragon of legend that is said to slumber deep within Kane Mountain - will take over as Emperor or Empress when he dies.

The proclamation spread near and far, attracting people from all over the country who were eager for a shot at a better way of life. News that big couldn't stay within humans ears for long, as it also drew in demons and other creatures who were desperate to rule the most prosperous kingdom in the lands. The emperors proclamation is not without fault. Many people gather to protest the proclamation, for waking up the dragon would spell doom. Only the ones who were truly brave would make the journey up to Kane mountain.

However, when the dragon awakens it sets off a chain of catastrophic events, and everyone would find that the protesters were right. A cloud of darkness seems to cover the land, and the attacks from demons and evil humans seem to be on the rise. Now that the veil has been lifted off of the dragon and it's servants, the only way to end the chaos is to defeat it once and for all.

Character List

Kokoro Ota
__original_drawn_by_caidychen__e9aecddf5d16e201769bc9d6c6511f5a (2).jpg

Sato Noken
f64d1992b70074593cdef48c38660dcd (2).jpg

Chika Yamanashi
35829429_p0 (2).jpg

Brutus Armano
duran_gate_anime.jpg

Hermione Dorchester
7M5OUjm.jpg

Father Tsuneo
tumblr_ojzh06qj7v1vqxxd9o1_1280.jpg

Shouta
f6fe329d546b862b678e1c961e479ff4.jpg

Shimatzu Akuma
fdea791f4ab4437efdac2e2b8b778ebb.jpg

• Rules
    1. Understand that my word is law, though I will always try to be accommodating of each and every character.
    2. If you have an issue with a player or anything in the roleplay, come to me first via PM.
    3. Keep the drama between your characters, any Player drama should be taken to PM and left out of my roleplay.
    4. If you're going to be away for an extended period of time, or have plans to drop please say something! Don't leave me in the dark.
    5. Post at least once a week. If there have been no new posts from you in over a two weeks unless otherwise stated, your character will be removed from the roleplay.
    6. All Iwaku Rules apply here. While romance is accepted and possibly encouraged by your GM, any sex scenes must fade to black.
    7.Post your character sheet in the Sign-Ups!
    8. Adept roleplay standards are expected here, but I will not be mad over a typo here and there.
    10. No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
    11. If you drop from my roleplay or become inactive for over a week and a half, and we haven't seen you on at all, I will personally move the scene along and decide the fate of your character. Basically, I'll take control of your character and keep things going, until I can find a suitable way to write them out.
    12. In combat scenes do not auto-hit any characters or monsters.
[tabs][/tabs]​

Last edited:
Yeah he's a demon, he doesn't know that though. I was going to reveal it in the rp. Soul Magic is basically channeling souls and using his own life force to use magic. So siphoning souls to do spells and things like that but at the same time risking his own soul and life, like Death Magic Basically. Oh it's the picture? I really liked the dude for the cs and I think he fits my char the most. It's a cult for the dead, so families and friends who believe that the dead can come back since I do believe in a lot of japanese folk lore the dead is something that lots of people back then believed were still roaming around the world at the time so that's why I made a cult around it. Thought it would be cool. And no he doesn't tell real fortunes. He's a scam artist which is what I said in the cs XD. He thinks his fortunes are real but they aren't. I didn't know your char did that. And your char has dark powers, mines has soul powers; those are definitely different.

And he's in Japan because that's where his family lives and that's where his mother (French) was raised her family moved to Japan lots of years back.

Okay. Thank you for explaining that and clearing up my confusion. He is accepted. :)

• Love
Reactions: Justin
fdea791f4ab4437efdac2e2b8b778ebb.jpg

Name: Shimatzu Akuma (AKA The Black Butcher)

Nationality: Japanese

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 126Kg

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Dark Green

Primary Weapon: Great Sword

Secondary Weapon: None

Skills:
Titanic Strength: Shimatzu has spent years honing his body to use his massive great sword and has built his muscles up to a frightening strength, he is able to swing his weapon with ease and can crush a mans skull with his hands alone.

Lone Fighter: Preferring to keep his distance from others in a fight, Shimatzu can hold his own against small groups of enemies at a time, usually three men are of little consequence in a fight.

Berserker: When riled up in a fight his adrenal glands open up and flood him with adrenaline, dulling any pain and cuts he sustains, often injuring himself for the opportunity to strike his opponent down.

Descriptive Personality: Shimatzu is known as the Black Butcher because of the way the way he wages battle. He goes in with his sword swinging, striking men and women down in his way, albeit leaving children alive, and he does it all with a smile on his face. He loves the feeling of striking down the weak and making sure that the strong survive and get stronger. He is a Psychopath with few to no Morals that believes strongly in survival of the fittest.

Though he has few Morals that doesn't mean he has none, he refuses to drink because it dulls his senses, he won't kill without pay (and he is an expensive killer) and if he sees a man trying to rape a woman that man will suddenly find himself without his manhood.

Likes: Killing, fighting, gambling, combative solitions and money.

Dislikes: Rapists, Alcohol, thieves, diplomats and the weak.

Talents:
Unsettling presence: Being more or less famous for his slaughtering ways people are always wary when the see the black cloaked man, in case he's been paid to kill them and also because he's a veritable giant compared to most. Though it has its uses as well, he can get to most places without anyone stopping him and half the time just seeing him hold his sword without much effort demoralises his foes before they fight.

Rich: Being a mercenary is high paying work, leaving Shimatzu with more money than he knows what to do with, but at least it means that he can buy supplies whenever he needs it.

Tactical: Even though his fighting style proves otherwise, Shimatzu is natural gifted when it comes to tactics, he often scales cliffs or goes through swamps if it means catching his opponents off guard, usually a fatal occurrence.

Strengths:
Strong
Master Swordsman
Tactical

Weaknesses:
Complete disregard for life
Berserker
Battle Junkie

Character Bio: Shimatzu was born to a retired imperial guard, who started teaching him the sword when he turned 6, giving him an old iron sword that was slightly too big and heavy for him, often striking the boy when he couldn't wield it correctly. As Shimatzu built up his muscles he began learning the sword with diligence, not quite able to best his father but also flowing into different forms as naturally as water, finding he enjoyed his time sparring rather than studying and learning his numbers, which he did with a rather reluctance.

When he turned 12 he was beating his father in almost every sparring match they had, his father even bringing some of his old friends around to help teach new techniques to him that expanded his knowledge in swordplay. When he started beating them at the age of 14 his and found the weight of his sword was near non-existent he asked his father for a new blade, wanting one that was larger and had more weight to it.

At his coming of age celebration at 16 his father gifted him a great sword fashioned by the master smiths of the imperial palace, its handle was bound in leather with a brass knob at the end of it. He took to it with fervor and determination, finding the weight of his new sword rather refreshing to the featherlike weight of his old one.

He spent the next two years training his body to haul the weight of his massive sword and found that his strength was unparallelled to those in the surrounding villages, causing him to earn the ire of other young men.

On the day of his 19 birthday, the young men's hatred of him came to a head and they stormed up to his home brandishing whatever weapons they could find, breaking down the doors of his home and slaughtering his mother and father and stealing all their valuables while he was out in the forest training with his great sword.

He came back and saw his mother and father spread out on the ground, slashed, stabbed and stripped naked, his home in ashes behind them. His blood coursed like fire through his veins as anger pulsated around his body. With murder in his heart he sauntered through the town, cutting men and women down as he took his revenge against those who had killed his family, finding himself smiling and realising he enjoyed the feeling of killing those around him. The day ended and all around bodies were strewn, blood soaking into the dirt beneath his feet and gore covering the walls.

He left that night, donning a jet black cloak and leaving the massacred town, leaving the words 'Murders' etched into every door of every home, unbeknownst to him a figure watching him from a distance.

Rumors of a Demon garbed in black slaughtering a whole village to a man began circulating throughout the countryside, many seeing Shimatzu with his massive sword strapped to his back and running away to hide in their homes, praying that the demon did not hunt them down.

Times changed when he was approached by a man of noble bearing, who offered the giant Shimatzu a job exterminating local bandits for a small sack of gold. Lacking any other means of making any form of money he took the nobles gold and within a week, snuffed the life out of the last bandit in the area, finding that killing for money was a good way of not only making money, but a way of being able to kill men without any repercussions. He made his life as a mercenary, killing people for a contract and finding he enjoyed the work thoroughly.

He spent the next half dozen years doing this when he was approached with an impossible task with an enormous paycheck. He was to deliver the heart of Kiyohime.

Sample Post: Shimatzu walked down the muddy road, mud squishing under his feet as the rain came down in a mist, he unlimbered his sword and let it rest unsheathed on his shoulder, blade glistening as water flowed down the oiled blade. His eyes constantly darted from left to right, seeking out his targets as he moved onwards. Without warning he swung his sword to the right, hearing a cry of pain as his sword hit its hidden target. With a smile he brought his sword back towards him and held it in a ready position. His ears listening for the footsteps squelching on the muddy road.

Suddenly four masked men walked out from behind trees, three of them armed with swords and one, presumably the leader, held a heavy war spear. "There is a bounty on your heads, you runts have obviously pissed of someone with a lot of money if the needed to hire me." He said with a smile, bloody dripping of from the tip of his sword. The leader barked out and the three swordsmen charged towards him, screaming like madmen.

With a laugh Shimatzu stepped forward, under the first bandits wild swing and brought his head down hard against the first ones head, a sickening crack sounding as he shattered the cartilage of his nose. Shimatzu stepped back and swing his sword low, catching the second bandits legs, the cold steel of his great sword shearing through the muscle and bone like a hot knife through butter. With a scream the second bandit went down, his hands weakly clawing at the stumps where his legs had been seconds before, life slowly slipping through his fingers. The third swordsmen tried to stop and turn away but was swiftly dispatched as the giant sword cleaved through his collarbone.

The Bandit leader looked shaken as his men were killed in seconds, he threw down his spear and dropped to his knees screaming "Mercy, please I beg of you mercy!" Shimatzu' smile turned into a look of disgust as he looked down at the man. "Why would I give mercy to a craven like you, your men are more worthy of mercy than a cowardly pig like you. No, not only will you get no mercy, I'll give you a death deserving of you." The smile slowly crept back onto his face as he picked up the spear and held it or the condemned man before thrusting it through his stomach, the blade not killing the man but leaving him in enough pain that he would die in a few hours. With a small laugh he turned and walked back to the first man who attacked him and pierced the mans side, a small groan emitting from the man as life fled from him.

He is accepted, but for 27 he looks very very old lol.

Finished Shouta. Sorry in advance if his bio sucks, I started running out of creative juice after a while.

@Takumi Just to be sure, will you be comfortable writing several paragraphs on average for the rp? At least 2. If yes, then accepted. :)

*Realizes Hermione is the oldest among the group at a staggering age of 29*

Wh..wh..whaahh??!!

Oh no.... but then, judging from her appearance you can tell she keeps her age very well.

*Realizes Hermione is the oldest among the group at a staggering age of 29*

Wh..wh..whaahh??!!

Oh no.... but then, judging from her appearance you can tell she keeps her age very well.

Brutus is 34 I think.

*Whewf*

Anyways, I want to add a few more things to my character. You see, I want her to be the more techy type of girl. All I want to add is for her to be experienced in handling gunpowder. Explosives in general, she could have gotten it from the Chinese Dynasties during her time there.

*Whewf*

Anyways, I want to add a few more things to my character. You see, I want her to be the more techy type of girl. All I want to add is for her to be experienced in handling gunpowder. Explosives in general, she could have gotten it from the Chinese Dynasties during her time there.

You can add the changes and show them to me for me to approve

Will be working on the IC sometime today. What does everyone have planned for their characters? I was thinking the roleplay would begin with everyone's characters making their way up the mountain.

I'm fine with most anything for a starter. Throw something at me!

@saberwolf is going to be starting the IC thread after we eat dinner. :D Everyone will be tagged once it is up, and if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask me, or her.

Will be working on the IC sometime today. What does everyone have planned for their characters? I was thinking the roleplay would begin with everyone's characters making their way up the mountain.
I'll just had Father Tsuneo doing some kind of Cult Prayer or something XD Underground and whatnot^^. And leaving to the mountains.

• Thank You
Reactions: envogue
Sounds good to moi :3

Shouta might just get chased out of a village for pulling a prank on someone and just take a stroll up the mountain. :3

• Love
Reactions: envogue
Shouta might just get chased out of a village for pulling a prank on someone and just take a stroll up the mountain. :3

Excellent lol

• Thank You
Reactions: Takumi
Hermione would likely be.... I don't know. Might have her run into the cult by accident if that is OK with you Justin.

Status
Not open for further replies.