Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Xenon Zhu, red, solid"]Before he could hear the female gamer's response to his request, the third gamer that they had just been looking at had finished checking out and approached them. At first glance, he seemed fairly ordinary - dark hair, dark eyes, and if anything, just a bit on the thin side. Then, Xenon got a closer look at his title. Dark brown eyes widened and his expression became blank. A... zai? Isn't that the family name of the owners of the Azai Corporation? he thought, bewildered. Then again... I don't think I've ever heard of an 'Azai Kyousuke', so it could just be a coincidence... Xenon's broke out of his thoughts as the third gamer began to speak. He seemed... casual, but not without polite airs.

"Hello, Azai-san," he greeted back. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize what time it was. We really should be going, huh?" Xenon followed along in what he assumed was a cue to find a better location. Which made sense, considered that the cafe was an awfully public place for a private conversation. "Ah, if you don't mind though, I'd like to get sometime before we leave," he said while gesturing at the line. While he was quite curious to talk with other gamers besides Artisia, Xenon was ready to be damned if he didn't get to have a bagel before he left.

By the time he was about done with his long awaited bagel, a hungry Artisia stormed up to the cafe with the gamer she had found. Though, he only had enough time to realize that he recognized the person - Alexander Knordic - from school, before the atmosphere suddenly changed. The streets of the business district seemed inherently bare, accompanied by an odd still in the air. Xenon glanced at the cafe windows to see that the once busy interior was dimmed and likewise, empty. I don't like this...

Soon enough, the group vacated outside to be met with small, red-skinned creatures with horns. As someone who was both hungry and ready to fight, Artisia dived into the fray first, hitting sound blows with her fists and kicks. Looks like we have no choice but to fight... Xenon thought as he watched Artisia fight. He clenched his fists, feeling somewhat inspired. It seems easy enough.

It was not.

Xenon's first train of thought was along the lines of If I can sneak out of the house every night for three years, I can probably ambush a small, child-sized monster, right? He had attempted to sneak along the side of the battle and catch an imp on the side off guard, but as he readied himself to launch forward and land a blow, his foot scraped loudly on the concrete. Which effectively alerted every imp in his vicinity. From there, he suffered several attacks from the imps - which despite their claws, didn't draw blood. But, boy did it hurt. Searing pain swiped through several spots on Xenon's body where the imps scored him up. And every time he attempted to counter by sneaking in an attack on an unsuspecting imp, he kept making too much noise.

With all the gamers except for Artisia faring no better than himself, Xenon braced himself against the cafe door, contemplating ways to made a potential suicidal escape. Then he appeared. A cloaked man, with equally enigmatic text floating above his head, who dispelled the imps in an instant. "Apparently he can fight better than a certain hothead too," he retorted quietly to Artisia's remark. However, despite the well timed exit of the imps, Xenon didn't relax. After all, who was to say that this strange man wasn't out to get rid of them as well?

Artisia began to speak with, well, more like speak to, the man. She questioned him fiercely, her voice clear and resonant. It was times like these that Xenon actually admired Artisia's direct and intense nature. Though, for a moment as she seemed to inadvertently insult all the gamers, he caught her gaze, which was briefly, uncharacteristically soft. For the split second that she looked at him, he tried to offer a tight lipped smile, but was ultimately unsure if she had caught his act of reassurance.[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:

The man looks at Artisia as she answers his question and then lets out several of her own. He just nods, waiting for her to finish before speaking himself. Of course, he took a small moment of silence after she finished speaking to ensure that no one else had any questions at the moment. Or perhaps they were waiting for him to speak. Regardless, he began speaking soon enough.

"The Gamer huh." He crosses his arms in silent contemplation for a few moments, before giving a nod that was more to himself than anything. "Your power is just like the power of another I met a good month and a half ago, give or take. I didn't catch their name, but with their white hair and interesting eyes, they possess the kind of appearance of a person you'd expect to be given a Natural Ability from Gaia, to the point where its almost cliche really." The man softly chuckles at his own remark, but still has an aura of wisdom and mysteriousness about him despite his jovial remark. "If I remember correctly... they also go to Gekkoukan High, judging by the uniform they were wearing."

That was good to know. Now the new Gamers knew where to find another Gamer, one who seemed to have much more experience with this power than they do judging by the fact that Jin met them a month and a half ago, so they have had around at least fifty days or so to develop their power and figure out just what exactly it can do.

"And they seemed to have a better grasp of what it could do back then than all of you, no offense of course. It may be a good idea to find them, since judging from your questions you just received your ability from Gaia... that makes you Natural Ability Users." His head seems to move side to side slightly as he looks over the group, before he continues speaking.

"Gaia to all of you has many different names. Fate, truth, God, the world, etcetera. In the hidden world of Ability Users, the Abyss, Gaia is called Gaia because Gaia is the will of the world, its very power and mind. The space you are all in" he gestures to the sky above, "is known as a Pseudospace. All Ability Users are able to connect to Gaia to create these 'fake spaces' where they may use their powers to their hearts content. After all, and a word of advice that you must heed at all costs..." Jin pauses, his voice starting to grow a bit mores still and ominous in tone.

"You must not let normal people find out about your powers. That is breaking the Interference Law, and doing so means Gaia, the very will of our world, will terminate you, and there is no escaping this since it is the very world you live in destroying you." As he says this rather ominous, but still very very useful bit of advice, he pulls out a small notebook from the inside of his cloak and is writing upon it. Once done, he tears out the piece of paper and hands it to Artisia, who he assumes is the impromptu leader of their group.

"My time here is short. That paper holds instructions on how to utilize your energy and how to create Pseudospaces. If your power is truly the same as that first 'Gamer' I met, then following these instructions should give you both the strength to defend yourself and the ability to make Pseudospaces. Although... I must ask you to exercise caution. The Abyss is a very dangerous place. You shouldn't step into it unless you are absolutely willing to fight." With that last bit of other worrying advice about the world of Ability Users, also known as The Abyss, he pockets the notebook before taking a step back.

"With that, I bid you farewell. And if you are going to practice... please do it first in a private place since you cannot create Pseudospaces yet. After all, I would hate for you to break the Law." With that he raises his hand towards the sky and snaps his fingers. Just like that, he is gone. No flashy affect. He is just gone, as if he was never there. What is flashy though is that, like glass, the sky suddenly begins to crack and shatter. Sounds of this can be heard, before it then explodes into many shards, and as if the space never existed in the first place, the group is back on the busy streets of the Business District of Neo Tokyo.

Its as if it never happened, but the HP bars in the corner of their visions that were all running lower and the still slightly resonating pain from the hits they received proved that it had all been very real.

The group now had three options. Forget about this horrifying, deadly world and return home, go find some place private to practice utilizing their Energy and Pseudospace Creation, or simply keep trying to find this other more experienced Gamer. In fact, a window did actually appear right after Jin finished speaking to the group. Two windows to be exact, the first one appearing, disappearing, and then the second appearing right after that.
The Quest 'Others Like Me' has been updated.​
Other's Like Me

Issued By

A Passing Thought

Objective
Find others who bear the class, 'The Gamer'.
Search Gekkoukan High for the more experienced 'Gamer'

Rewards
6 EXP, 1 AP
More information on 'The Gamer' power.

Failure Results
Unknown​

Of course, there is just one problem with going to search for the other 'Gamer'. It is currently Sunday. So they wouldn't be at school. Instead they would have to search the entire city and hope that the other Gamer is wandering about. So while they could still search, it would take a very, very long time. They could just ignore all of this and go home, given how dangerous that single battle with those Imps were, or they could delve deeper into this... 'Abyss'.

If you truly wish to enter the Abyss, then read this to learn how to better defend yourselves.

Otherwise burn this, go home, and forget about your power. Right now its weak enough to where it will go away if you don't use it for a week.

To utilize Energy
First, focus and clear your mind. An easy thing to do with a bit of meditation and focus.
Next, move your focus downward, into the very core of your being, the center of your body above your stomach.

Once there, imagine a formless power inside of you. A formless energy. Begin to take that, and flow it into your hand, where you must imagine it taking form as it travels, and then attempt to give it form once it gets to your hand.

To create Pseudospaces
Once you are capable of using your energy, then bring it to your hand and raise it skyward.

Afterwards, focus and call upon Gaia with your Will. If you do so successfully, then you should be able to make a Pseudospace.

Last edited:
Things moved very quickly after Shouko saw the first two Gamers. The other man turned out to be Kyousuke Azai, THE Kyousuke of the Azai corporation. Shouko had heard rumors of him and that he was in Tokyo U as well. Xenon had also contacted another Gamer, and that Gamer in turn had also found another. In a very short span of time, there were five of them gathered in the cafe. Shouko was a little overwhelmed but kept her cool, keeping a friendly and polite expression whilst making small talk. Aside from her and Kyousuke, they were all in high school.

Shouko also found out there was more to the Gamer system than mere name tags. The others showed her how to use the voice commands to bring out menus, just like in video games. Shouko was quite impressed and spent some time fiddling with them while Xenon ate.

The next moment, they were under attack from small red creatures. Shouko was quite bewildered by the turn of events and hung back as the more aggressive members engaged the monsters. Watching them fight, she knew she had to help, even though the girl had never been in a fight of any sort. She tried to kick one of the Imps, but it didn't seem to do much despite its small stature.

Just when Shouko thought they were done for, a person appeared and dealt with them. To his questions, Artisia, the only other female of the group, explained their circumstances. Jin shared some information, that what they were dealing with was dangerous, but also about how the Gamers could utilize their unique energy to become stronger.

Very... interesting. What have I gotten myself into? Despite the dangers, Shouko was very curious.

"You guys-" Shouko said to the highschoolers. "-go to Gekkoukan High, right? Have you met this other Gamer?"

Kyousuke was astounded at the rate that the gamers seemed to gather. In the end, the gamers appeared to be around the same age, but other than himself and Shouko, who also attended Neo Tokyo University, everyone else was in high school and Gekkoukan at that too. Pretty strange coincidences, Kyousuke thought, but that wasn't too important to think about at the moment. He simply kept quite and just introduced himself. He wanted to play his cards close, but he knew that some of the gamers suspected that he was part of THE Azai family. There was a lot of talk about, and so the group of gamers left the cafe in order to find somewhere to talk and find other gamers since everyone here seemed just as confused as Kyouske was.

It was at that moment that they realized that something was very wrong. The streets were eerily quiet and empty. Then the sudden flash of red caught their attention and three imps suddenly appeared. "What the... it's just like a random encounter from a game." Kyousuke muttered. But, this wasn't a game. He wasn't playing as an avatar. No, there really were three imps in front of him and they appeared to want to fight. Kyousuke was concerned. The imps had some gruesome looking claws, and he had never learned how to fight. But, running away didn't seem to be an option. He did his best to land a punch, but it was to no avail. Maybe he was just too sloppy, but the punches didn't land. Some of the others got painful looking gashes, but they didn't bleed. No, it seemed like they had all really turned into RPG characters. The imps continued to approach. They were trapped.

Then, in another flash, they were saved by a "Messenger" of some sort. He seemed powerful, but Kyousuke couldn't determine his level. He wasn't comfortable with this guy either, but it didn't seem like he had any intent on killing them at the moment. Rather, he was rather helpful and gave the gamers some advice and information about this... abyss and how there was another gamer who was a student at Gekkoukan. Once again, just coincidence? Perhaps, but it seemed odd. Either way, in order to finish their quest, they had to find this gamer. Kyousuke looked at the other gamers and said "Well, it's a sunday, so who knows where this person is. Do you all want to call it a day and see if we can find this person tomorrow at Gekkoukan?"

embed.php

Artisia listened for his answers immediately after she had asked Jin all of her questions. Instead, he waited a few moments. Huh. After all, Jin didn't seem to hold any kind of disdain for the group. In fact, he seemed somewhat intrigued. Or... Maybe not. She wasn't entirely sure that that was the case. Although she did know that he wasn't their enemy. Artisia's intensity left her as she began to listen to Jin's answers.

Jin first answered the question regarding the power. He said that their power was very similar to someone who he had met a small time ago. He also noted that they probably went to Gekkoukan from the look of the uniform they wore. Huh? There's another person?! Seriously? Ugh. I spent all of my damn morning tracking people down and now I find out that we have to find another one of us? God, I'm already tired of this. Artisia's irritation was probably due to the fact that she hadn't eaten today yet, but no one could be sure because Artisia was incredibly odd with her emotions. Jin suddenly said that the person he met a while ago had a better grasp for the power. Artisia clenched her fists a bit and she could feel her eye about to twitch. No offense? Just because you say something insulting and then say, 'No offense', that doesn't make what you said any better! Ugh! Artisia took a deep breath as she listened to Jin go on. Artisia, shut up. He's being helpful.

The last three words that he said before he started going on about Gaia made Artisia a bit confused. Natural Ability users? Artisia continued to listen to Jin as he described what Gaia was. It seemed that it was god? She wasn't exactly sure how to classify it. Apparently Gaia was just the will of the whole world. So did that mean that Gaia gave them their power? If Gaia did, then Artisia was a mix of thankful and incredibly confused. Of all people to receive this power, why her? She didn't play games all that much. Although... Artisia looked around at the rest of the Gamers and remembered their past fights. Maybe it's because not many of them can fight well...

Jin said 'his time was limited', which made Artisia even more confused than she previously was. Jin was a messenger of the will of the world, so would that make him an angel of some sort? Artisia didn't try to classify Jin, but it seemed he was some sort of divine being. At least... That the closest thing to Jin that made sense to her. But before Jin left, he handed her a note. She folded it and held it in her hand as Jin left.

Immediately after Jin stopped talking, some notifications popped up about the quest being updated. The quest itself seemed to be to locate the other person with their power at Gekkoukan. After she swiped the notifications away, the world seemed to be shattering like a piece of cracked glass under pressure. After a moment, the world filled with people returned to them. Artisia scratched her head. This whole concept was hard to wrap your head around. As she recovered mentally from this strange encounter, she read the note that Jin gave her. The instructions he gave were very detailed.

After she finished reading the note, another girl in the group asked if they had ever seen the person at school. Artisia shook her head in response to the question. If she had seen the other person though, she definitely would've confronted them. As soon as everyone had seemed to answer the question, then another male she was unfamiliar with, Kyousuke, asked if it would be easier to just go to school tomorrow and try to find out who it was. Artisia agreed with this. "That's probably the best idea. That would provide for the most convenient situation. Also, before I forget, can I get some form of contact information for each of you? It'll make communication easier between all of us. Plus, we can inform Shouko if we find the other person with our power." Artisia clenched her hands a bit and then heard the piece of paper that she was holding. "Oh yes! That's right! This piece of paper also gives all the details that Jin told us about earlier. Creating those places and using some kind of new type of power I think. If you give me your contact information, I'll send all of you pictures of it so that you can do what it says. I think that it would be nice to be able to create those places in case we wanted to get stronger on our own without breaking the International Law or whatever it was called."

Getting off the train, Alex walked with Artisia to the Cafe that the rest of the Gamers had been gathering at. Upon arrival, it seemed like it was just a normal cafe, nothing special. Well, what was I expecting? A secret clubhouse for the gamers to hang out at? He gave no physical marks though of his slight disappointment. Upon seeing the other gamers, He recognized the surname of one of them, Azai, could he be related to that one family? He then passed his view over Shouko, she doesn't seem anything special, then he saw a name, and a face he knew of. Ah! The school's magician! They all exchanged greetings, which was a rather odd thing, as each of them knew each others names right of the bat due to their power.

As they attempted to leave the cafe though, something strange happened, and before long they found themselves in a fight against angry little red midgets. Imps.

Close combat fighting had never been Alex's forte. He usually would be the one to instigate a fight between other people, or he would get someone else to do the work for him, so he had little experience in such things. Which came out rather quickly as he casually went to punt an imp, and was rewarded with a rude surprise, and some knowledge.

The surprise being that the imp saw it coming, almost as if they expected one of them to try punting. At the right time, it dodged, and countered with its sharp claws.

Here is where the knowledge came in. Being clawed hurts like a bitch, however there was no blood, no wound, just pain. Alex couldn't help but let out a yelp as he was struck. The rest of the group either didn't try to help, or was pretty much as useless as him. The only exception being Artisia, which was expected.

The fight was short lived though, as a man appeared. A mysterious and mystical man, Jin, The Messenger of Gaia. He proceeded to ask questions from the group, Alex was uncertain what to think of the man. He did save them, or was it all his doing in the first place? Cautiously, Alex decided to not answer his questions, and took a step back instead. This almost seems like a set up, why should we- He was soon dumbstruck though as Artisia spilt the beans on everything. Damn idiot. Never reveal all your cards. He did give them some more information though, and the quest changed after hearing it. "Another Gamer like us? From our school again?" I wonder If I would have met them had I stayed at the station, like I planned. In the end, Jin gave Artisia a paper, then left, soon everything was back to normal, after the shattering of an unseen glass like dome, which left no residue.

Now the talking of what to do happened. It seemed like the general consensus thus far was to call it a day, and find the fellow student the next day. "White hair and interesting eyes...Should be that hard to find someone like that, I can just my connections at school and find out who it is." He pulled out his phone and started sending a mass text to his friends to help him find the person tomorrow to 'discuss things' in private with him. After he finished he kept his phone out, "Why don't I simply take a picture of it right here after giving you all my contact information? That way I can go home for the day and study without interruption or waiting for a message." And I can get a jump start on this new power without any of you to slow me down.

"Of course," Shouko smiled and gave Artisia her contact number. She flipped out her own phone and tapped in everyone's details, unless they refused to provide it for any reason. She imagined that the rest of the group must be very eager to try out this new power, despite what Jin had just warned them about. What kind of person would turn away from what seems like magic?

"Keep us updated if you find this person. Oh, and does anyone want to practice this 'Energy' together? Just in case those things show up again, you know," Shouko said, putting on her most charming smile. Most of them wanted to split up, even though staying together was probably the safest option. Who knew what this 'Pseudospace' would entail?

[fieldbox="Xenon Zhu, red, solid"]It was safe to say that Xenon was thoroughly puzzled by the clear, yet cryptic answers Jin provided. Gaia? The will of the world? Natural abilities? Has all of this always existed? Why give powers based on a game? How many Gamers were there? But before any more questions could be blurted out, Gaia's messenger left without a word, with nothing to show for it but the modified quest window that appeared shortly after. Xenon sighed. In all honesty, he would have preferred to follow Jin's other option. Go home, let the whole thing wear off, and forget about it. Xenon never really thought that his life needed any more rush - he'd traveled lots of places, seen lots of things, and heck, he stuck out of his house every night for pete's sake.

But seeing Artisia and everyone else readying themselves to go right into the whole matter without a second thought gave Xenon a sense of indirect shame. Why be hesitant in the face of the estranged? At the very least, I guess I should help out in finding the other gamer and watch over Artisia. Who knows what she'll dive headfirst into, he thought with a sudden patronizing urge. Though, that wasn't to say that he'd gotten rid of the meek feeling of dread - What would have happened if Jin hadn't shown up?

With the mention of exchanging contacts, Xenon pulled out his phone and provided his details to the group. It seemed like most people wanted to split off and test their own powers. Minus, Shouko, who brought up the idea of staying together. "I wouldn't mind sticking together to try out the whole energy thing," he supplied with a shrug. He was probably going to talk with Artisia afterwards either way and like the other gamer had pointed out, safety in numbers didn't seem like a bad idea with the imp attack they had all just experienced.[/fieldbox]

embed.php

Artisia looked over the group and the ones that had responded seemed to be more than happy to give heir contact information. The only one who seemed to be cooperating less than anyone else was the one Gamer she had found. She looked over him and she could tell he was incredibly entitled. Popular, it seemed too. Artisia despised people who simply took what they wanted from people. That's why she respected people who fought. People who picked fights worked for their strength and fought with others in an effort to either make themselves better at fighting, resolve issues, or simply get some of their damn feelings out. Fighting was a passionate endeavor, whether you hated it or loved it. It required immense effort and she could tell that this kid had been provided a lot of things. He didn't know the struggle of not being able to be provided a meal. He didn't know the struggle of giving everything you have just so you can keep living. This made Artisia angry, in fact. His entire attitude aggravated her, but she decided to cool it for the time being. She didn't want to give a bad first impression to the group. Artisia simply gritted her teeth and then listened to Shouko, who spoke next.

Shouko wondered if anyone would want to stay with her and figure out the new power alongside her. Artisia actually agreed with this idea definitely. She even had the perfect place where they could practice. Her house. She had a little garden outside where they could sit and hash things out. Plus, it wouldn't look suspicious because they would just look like they were meditating, which is a normal action done at the dojo. "Oh! I'm in for sticking together! I've even got a place we could go. A dojo... Well... More specifically, my house. We could meditate there without looking suspicious and strange. The note even says that a form of practice is through meditation, so it's perfect!" Artisia was also glad to hear that Xenon would be coming along with them. "So... We might want to hurry. Trying to create pseudospaces seems important."

Tian-Gui started seeing names, levels and tags on a particularly tiring Friday morning. He hadn't had a remotely good night's worth of sleep due to his allergies, and had been up until 3 AM, slowly creating a mountain of snot-filled tissues. The cherry blossom tree beside his window was beautiful and all, but the pollen was not. Even with a closed window, the raven-haired youth still spent most of his time sneezing up a storm.

All things considered, he'd probably have to wash his futon as well. Get all the germs off it. With so many things to do in the morning, he didn't even have time for a proper breakfast by the time he had to catch the train to get to work. Leaving with an empty stomach was a bad idea, but not being on time was even worse.

Thus, it was with a grumbly stomach and a stuffy nose that Tian-Gui encountered his first bit of 'what the fuck am I still asleep'. The landlady's name, as well as a Level and a tag that said 'Grandma', floated above her head. Tian-Gui rubbed his eyes, asked about it, and only received a confused look in return. He wondered about it for a few seconds, before ultimately deciding that it didn't matter. It was just like business cards, after all. Just like people taping their business cards on their foreheads.

Everyone else he met had the same thing pop up over them, with tags such as 'Elementary School Student', 'Honeytrap', and 'Masochistic Assassin', but after the first few disorientating minutes of being surrounded by tags, Tian-Gui quickly got used to it. Regardless of what happened, at least he didn't have to try too hard to remember names now.

Work was more tiring than usual, and his allergies never really went away. Thankful of the fact that his job wasn't customer service, Tian-Gui simply rolled up his sleeves higher, aimed his sneezes away from his fellow crew members, and did the lifting. It was a peculiarly warm afternoon when he got off, and the young man worked up a good sweat under the sun.

Just another uneventful day, filled with heavy lifting, balloon-retrieving, grocery-carrying, and the customary 'I made too much, so here you go, Atsuki-kun' routine. Tian-Gui's futon smelled like the sun, and he enjoyed a longer soak in the bath than usual that night.

Sleep came easily.

The next morning was glorious. The birds were singing, the flowers were blooming, and, as some strange message stated when he woke up, Tian-Gui wasn't sneezing anymore! Waking up at the crack of dawn without feeling like complete shit, the youth did a few laps around the cherry blossom roads, cooked himself a large, American breakfast, and enjoyed his food on the porch. A cherry blossom petal had even fell into his morning cup of tea, signalling a rather auspicious day indeed.

With a spring in his step and an easy smile undisturbed by tremendous sneezes, Tian-Gui went into work smiling and went out of it smiling as well. His whole body felt lighter, and the name tags that continued to show up no longer concerned him. All things considered, he didn't even need to take his break, and the amount he got done in a single day even had his boss impressed. Full recovery of HP and MP indeed. The paycheck was a nice bonus as well, with 18,000 more Yen being added to his savings account, while everything else was used for necessities. Though Tian-Gui COULD learn to smartly invest money, it wasn't like he really needed it either.

It was as he was walking home, though, that his current situation really began to change.

Warm rays from a setting sun dyed the pavement orange, as the last bits of winter disappeared. An aromatic spring breeze drifted through the quiet streets, during that empty time of day when it was still too early for high schoolers to head to cram school, but too late for housemoms to do their grocery shopping. By now, all the deals were gone, but Tian-Gui didn't mind. Like every payday, there was a giddy sensation in his chest as he held a wad of cash in bag, a bundle of potential just waiting to be used for good and nutrition.

As he turned the corner, however, a scene caught his eyes. A young girl, perhaps still a first year in high school, was backed against the wall of an alleyway, surrounded by three punks, delinquents that, judging from their school uniform, came from Gekkoukan High. One of them had the girl's wrist in his hand, while another blocked the exit out.

The streets were empty. The shadows were growing. Tian-Gui was smiling.

"Hey there," he said with a friendly wave, walking up to the three.

One of them shot him a deadly glare. "Hanh? Piss off, you chink."

Tian-Gui's eyebrows went up in surprise. "Oh, wow, do I really look that Chinese to you?"

"Can smell you mainlanders from a mile away. Go back to the country and fuck your pigs or something."

"Sorry, but I can't really overlook this,"
he replied, "Looks like the young lady is in some distress, so maybe you should give her some breathing space?"

Mohawk-head stepped forwards, chin thrust outwards. "Look here, big boy, think you're tough shit just cause you're tall? Me and my lads will fucking break you."

The smile became a smirk. "Try it."

His fist flashed out, striking straight into Tian-Gui's chin. A strong impact, and a well-executed jab, but…his head didn't move at all. The delinquent's friends stopped, their attention turning towards the giant.

In the corner of his eye, Tian-Gui saw a green bar, one that continued to display 0s as the delinquent continued to pummel him. It was irritating, really, little pangs of pain that failed to get much of anything out of him. "Are you done?"

"FUCK YOU!" A low kick rushed upwards, between Tian-Gui's legs, only to be stopped by a calloused hand.

The Chinese youth strengthened his grip, coiled his muscles, and lifted the delinquent up, hoisting him above his head. "Come on, you brats, where's your SPIRIT?!"

They rushed at him, finally letting go of the girl, and Tian-Gui winked at her, before tossing Mohawk-Head at them. The three all tumbled onto the ground, and he took another step into the alleyway, his frame blocking off the path to the main road. The green bar, was that his HP? Then the 0s, was that the 'damage' of their punches and kicks?

Interesting…

"Get up, brats!" Tian-Gui called out, blue eyes flashing. His right fist slammed against his heart, an impact resounding through the alleyway. "Let's see how far you can go!"

The three rushed at him, a flurry of ill-placed blows as Tian-Gui swatted away their cheap shots and tossed them into one another. His HP bar never decreased, and as the sun set further, they were quickly running out of breath.

"Y-y-you fucking monster!" One of them wheezed, his fist turning into a slap halfway through.

"Oi, Daichi, let's book it!" The fat one turned to Mohawk-head, uncertainty showing up.

"Shut up shut up shut up!" Mohawk-head rushed forwards in a full-body tackle, all his remaining strength put in a final effort to break past the great wall.

Tian-Gui stopped his charge, picked him up by his armpits, and threw him back at his friends with minimal effort. Cracking his neck, he said, "Well, still w-"

"Dammit, I'm out!" "Yeah, fuck!" "I'll get my revenge next time! Watch your back, fuckface!"

And with that, the three of them ran further down the alleyway, leaving just Tian-Gui and the first year girl. The young man sighed, wiped the sweat off his brow, and said, "Well, are you alright? Must have been a scary situation, eh?"

The girl looked at him, a little startled at first, before asking, "Y-yeah, thank you so much."

"Did you call the police? Sorry they ran away and all. Guess I should have taken them down faster, but I was experimenting."

"Experimenting? Um, but I did call them. Not really sure what this place was called though, so I couldn't give an address…"

"Ahahaha, don't worry about it,"
he said, ruffling her hair, "Their uniforms and hairstyles stand out a-"

Wait. The names that floated up. Tian-Gui suddenly stopped, closing his eyes, trying to remember the kanji that popped up over the trio's heads. They were…oh, wow. This power was much more useful than he had expected.

"E-excuse me, but are you alright?" When he opened his eyes once more, the shorter girl was peering up at his face, inquisitive.

"Oh, yeah, I totally am. Anyways, their names, if you can make that call again, are Akukawa Daichi, Kumagawa Haruto, and Yamaji Ato."

"Eh? You know them?"

"…well, you can say that. Need me to walk you home? It's getting late, after all."

"Ah, yes, that'd…it'd be scary if they brought their friends…" Her hand went into her school bag, rustling through it. "But you've already did more than enough, sir, so, uhm, I don't have much, b-" She suddenly stopped, as Tian-Gui's warm hand pressed against her own.

"Don't worry about it," he grinned, "Your smile is the only recompense I need."

Doki doki. She thanked the gods for the darkness in the alleyway, as her face burned bright. "A-aha…I'm Fujiyama Rin! What's your name, sir?"

"Rin, eh? Nice name," Tian-Gui replied, removing his hand from hers, "I'm Tian-Gui Jian. Glad to be of service."

"And your number?"

"Hm?"

"A-ah, well,"
she looked down, "I thought that if you have time, you could walk me back from school? Not implying that I think you're a NEET or anything, Tian! Just that, well…"

"Oh, yeah, that's fine."

Her emerald eyes sparkled, as Rin suddenly fistpumped. "YES!"

"…eh?"

It was only when Tian-Gui had sent her off into her student dorm that the man finally addressed the other details that had popped up in his vision. Regardless of what this power was, it had certainly been useful, warranting some further thought. It tracked both his health, in the form of that green bar, as well as identified practically anyone that he laid his eyes upon. Most importantly, though, it looked like he was gaining EXP and Levels from this.

Narrowing his eyes, he recalled the messages that had popped up immediately after the delinquents ran deeper into the alleyway.
You have successfully beaten the three delinquents and have chased them off without hurting them too bad.
3 Experience Points earned.
Lift has gone up in Level by 1.
+1 Lift. +1 EXP.
All interesting things, to be sure. If he was going to take full advantage of this boon, he'd definitely need to start reading through more things, huh? For now though…

"Guess I'll make a simpler meal tonight and sleep early."

The Quest: "Others Like Me" has been created.

Accept?
[Y] [N]
Others Like Me

Issued By
A Passing Thought

Objective
Find others who bear the class, 'The Gamer'.

Rewards
6 EXP, 1 AP
More information on 'The Gamer' power.

Failure Results
Unknown

A Quest that, when accepted, gave him the incentive to find the lead. The Gamers, was it? So that was the term for the power he possessed. Looking at his hands, Tian-Gui clenched them, and shook with excitement. Could it be that his heroic aspirations weren't fantasy after all? Could it be that he could grab hold of a unique future with these hands of his, if he learned more of this power?

How exhilarating!

Borrowing the landlady's bicycle, Tian-Gui packed himself a lunch made of leftovers from dinner, and pedalled off, eyes sharp, searching for that elusive Gamer tag.

For all his enthusiasm, however, it was only until he got to the Business District that he actually encountered them. A group of young adults, crowded around a café, each of them looking fairly unique. None of them held a level above 1, though, so they were ultimately nothing special, in terms of the mechanics of this game. Walking his bike up towards them, Tian-Gui, not a shred of hestitation in his voice, said, "Hey there! I'm Tian-Gui Jian. Sorry about being late and all. Didn't know there was an actual meeting place to gather up in."

"You're all Gamers, right? Nice to meet you!" He stuck out his hand to the group, waiting to test the handshake of the first person that took it.

Kyousuke couldn't help but feel a bit strange about the situation. Yes, he wanted to learn more about the things going on and maybe try this energy thing and create a psuedospace. However, Shouko all of a sudden wanted to stick together, and then the other female in the group started on about going to her house or something to practice. It seemed a bit strange to be inviting a whole bunch of strangers who you just met to your house. In fact, the entire situation was just weird. So, Kyousuke declined to accept their offer to stick together today, but still traded contact information with everyone else. He would rather go back to his studio and practice there in privacy and peace.

Once he made sure that he got a copy of the note, another strange voice came up to the group. "Another gamer that just happened to find us? What a strange day." This new person seemed to be also new to the entire thing as he was level one as well. Tian-Gui was his name and he offered a hand. Kyousuke reached out to reciprocate with a firm handshake and give his introduction, which he had given hundreds of in business meetings. So, it was well practiced. "Hello, my name is Kyousuke. Pleasure to meet you."

embed.php

Artisia was ready to head out and was about to start directing the group to where they were supposed to go. But right before that, a new person showed up the group with the 'The Gamer' title above their head. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I THOUGHT THE ONLY ONE WE HAD LEFT TO FIND WAS THE WHITE-HAIRED STRANGE KID! AND OF COURSE THE OTHER PERSON IS A MAN. GOD. I really hope this white-haired kid is a girl. So that we could at least get close to evening out the gender ratio. The new person seemed to be nice enough from their introduction, but the fact that Artisia had just fought and that he wasn't there made her irritated. Why couldn't he just find us about ten minutes ago? Seriously. I wouldn't have been the target of so many damn attacks if he was probably there. He seems capable enough of fighting too. Tall... Seemingly muscular... Hmm... I wonder if he fights too. Artisia's lip upturned a little bit, when his hand became outstretched to her. Artisia eyed him and gave him a once-over. He certainly didn't seem like too much to handle... Unlike Alexander. Artisia turned her eyes over to Alexander and then rolled her eyes back over to the new member. Tian Gui seemed to be his name. Another Chinese person. Wow. That made three, including herself. Surprising, considering that this country didn't hold a plentiful amount of Chinese people. It seemed the arm was still extended to her, but she instead took a rain check for a simple nod. She acknowledged him as a member, but physical contact, with the exception of a fist or a foot to the crotch, was something she didn't want to give right now. Suddenly, Artisia remembered that she also needed to get his contact information. "Hey you. Can I get your phone number or email address or something?"

After they had each introduced themselves to Tian Gui, then Artisia led them to the dojo that she lived inside. As they entered, she led the members to one of the larger rooms inside the dojo so that they could practice with their energy. As Artisia sat down, her Mother left a small tray with tea and some little confections. Jeez. Why does she always make those in case I bring people over? Mom is so crazy sometimes. Artisia gave her Mom a small smile as she exited. Her Mom gave her a small thumbs up and a big smile. Artisia had to give it up to her Mother, she could be overbearing sometimes, but she was really supportive and incredibly energetic. She always found some way to brighten her mood.

As Artisia sat and tried to concentrate, she left the note in the middle of the room for people to read in case they forgot what they had to do. Artisia sat with her legs crossed on the floor and took a few deep breaths before she started envisioning water being collected in her center. When she felt there was a good amount of water that was there, she could feel a bit of a pressure in her chest. Suddenly, she let the collection of water seep into the rest of her body, washing over her with a strange, but intense power. As she did this, she opened her eyes and found her hand glowing blue. After the light faded, she received a notification that she had gotten a Mana Skill entitled 'Energize Hand'. It seemed it was a skill that would increase the strength of a punch. Artisia wondered if the same could be possible for her legs. So that she could increase the force behind both her punches and her kicks. But that would have to come at a later time. For now, she moved on to creating pseudospaces.

Artisia collected her thoughts again while she focused on creating a pseudospace. She waited until Shouko was done before she took her turn to create a pseudospace. She slowly collected the energy that she had felt earlier. She then seemed to connect to some other power, which suddenly made her envision making a copy of the place, almost like putting a picture of the room through a copy machine. Once this vision was complete, then it seemed that the pseudospace had been created. In order to break the pseudospace, she simply imagined herself punching through a piece of incredibly fragile glass. Once her imaginary hand had done so, then the pseudospace had been broken. HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO COOL! I JUST CREATED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIMENSION! I think...

But once everyone was done creating and destroying their pseudospaces, Artisia wanted to stay together. Of course, it was her house, so she didn't have to go anywhere in the first place. "Staying together might give us a good chance to observe how each power works too. I mean... Someone could start thinking about our abilities in combat. All I know is that I'm going to punch a lot of stuff. The 'Energize Hand' ability that I got helps me hit harder, so that's going to be super helpful for my fist fighting. I'm just saying that might be a good idea. We could also keep each other out of the loop..." Artisia suddenly got very serious. "If you wanted to fight each other." Artisia smirked a bit before she burst out laughing a bit. "Whew! I'm sure some of you might've had a heart attack there! From the way I saw all of you fight earlier, there's no way that any of you would have a chance of beating my fist fighting capabilities." Artisia looked up at Tian Gui. "But maybe you'd stand a chance. We'll see."

Whether people left or not didn't matter much to the process of grinding for her. She practiced her new 'Energize Hand' skill, as well as her new 'Pseudospace Creation' skill. Each skill was alternated. One Energize Hand, one Pseudospace Creation. Well... Artisia wanted to do that for a little bit, but then she started to put a little more focus into Energize Hand. But she continued to practice and practice until late into the night. The result ended with her Health talent being brought up to level 3, her Pseudospace Creation skill to level 3, and her Energize Hand skill being brought to level 12. If people decided to leave after practicing for a long while, she would bid them adieu as they exited her home.

After she finished all of her training, she decided it would be best to get to bed. As she plopped onto her bed, she took out her phone and texted Xenon. "Are you ready for tomorrow? I'm actually kind of excited about meeting someone else. Anyway, see you tomorrow. Goodnight! :P"

Before he could really get a picture of the note, and ditch the others to go and work on this newfound source of power on his own, yet after he managed to spread out his contact information, a new guy showed up. Oh? Another big strong man by the looks of it. Alex judged the man, Hand stretched out as Kyousuke shook it, Likely honest and goodhearted to a fault. Alex couldn't help but smile.

Alex continued to travel with the group to Artisia's family's dojo. To be frank, Alex was completely shocked. The place was well maintained and just seemed so...legit. Growing up here, it is no wonder she turned out the way she is.

When the time came for him to give it a shot, Alex slowed down his breathing as he focused on the task at hand. Focus, start by emptying your mind. Blank, good. Now then, your core, feel it, resonate with it as the energy radiates from it. What does it look like? Threads drifting off from the core. Threads which bind. Threads which pull, threads which change the very fabric around them. Before he knew it, Alexander had succeeded at the task at hand. It was tiring, but he managed to create Mana Threads, a new skill. Perfect.

Afterwards they all gave it a shot to create a psuedospace, like the one they found themselves in with the imps. It seemed that some of them had a harder time than the others with it. Suprisingly, it seemed that Artisia was the next best, after himself of course, at creating them. Or at least, on the first try.

When they had finished, Artisia said a joke. Though, there was a bit of a good idea hidden in it. "Learning to fight may not be a bad idea." He rubbed his chin as he thought of it, Though, I'd much rather kicking then punching. My hands are very much a work of art.

He decided it was best to leave though in the end, so he went home, and in his house, he worked on practising with his new skill. he saw many uses for the skill, but for now it was still rather weak...like him.

With the arrival of the new guy and their introduction, Kyousuke left the group of gamers and headed back home. With a short walk, Kyousuke found himself back in his studio. The inside was modern and pretty minimalist. He just had whatever he needed. No decorative pictures/ paintings or anything like that. No, everything in his studio had a purpose. He was not one for excess despite the quality of the functional furniture. Kyousuke walked over to the middle of his living room/reading room where there was enough space to workout. It was there that he closed his eyes and tried to focus. He could feel his heart beating. Perhaps it was the residual adrenaline from the fight earlier? Or perhaps it was the caffeine kicking in? Who knew, but he couldn't get his heart to calm down. It irritated him at first as he couldn't focus on his "energy". But then, he realized... maybe his heart beat wasn't an annoyance? Maybe, his energy was just like his blood, pumping throughout his body?

So, he began to focus on his heart beat and into the rhythm. He could feel his blood pulsing beneath his skin in a constant rhythm. It was then that he suddenly felt... physically stronger all of a sudden for a few moments until he noticed his MP hit zero when he was hit by a wave of exhaustion. It appeared that he gained a new skill "Energy Circulation" It seemed to make him stronger physically and faster at the expense of MP. It seemed like a useful skill... if Kyousuke had a lot of MP, which he didn't. Still, all these new... abilities that were popping up were surprising. His stats truly did reflect his capabilities. Did that mean that he could make himself stronger, faster, smarter or whatever as long as he got AP? It seemed ridiculous, but all these things that happened the last few days seemed to suggest it. This gamer thing was worth exploring a bit more of. So, Kyousuke continued to work on his energy control and making a pseudospace for the rest of the day.

Well, as far as first impressions went, the lot of them were all…decent people? Kyousuke's handshake was fairly firm, but also rather detached. Made sense, because the man looked like a business person who took things way too seriously, but at the same time, it didn't sit well with him. Alas, the eternal clash between the white-collared worker and the blue-collared worker.

On the other hand, the Artisia girl, with her sharp eyes and her toned body, didn't even bother to reach out with her hand at all, instead keeping a distance and simply sizing him up. What, was she a delinquent or something, looking to pick a fight with him in the future? Well, at least she kept to herself and didn't look like she was the type to stick gum in other people's hair or smoke cigarettes in the back of the school.

Disappointingly enough, the other three were similarly un-touchy-feely, which was fairly weird as well, what with ponytail boy's warm smile. Maybe they were germaphobes? Maybe they were anti-social? With a title like 'Gamer', that might make sense. Ultimately, though, Tian-Gui shared his phone number with the lot of them, and was updated on all the information that had been passed onwards, from the white-haired, odd-eyed Gamer they were now searching for, to the Imps that popped out and attacked them, to the whole utilizing Energy and Pseudospace thing. Taking a picture of Jin's note on his phone, he pushed his bike along as he wrapped himself in his own musings, all the way until they reached Artisia's family dojo.

Hm…maybe she was just a particularly competitive martial artist then.

Thanking Artisia's mother with a smile and a compliment, Tian-Gui watched as the others began to start their Energy visualization, drawing out various magical abilities. It was pretty cool to watch, really, though after the first few seconds, the large man was more interested in where exactly those cookies were purchased. As a man, Tian-Gui enjoyed umami more than any other flavor, but this…this was fairly nice as well. Downing the remains of his tea as well, he let out a satisfied sigh, clapped his hands twice to show gratitude, before readjusting his position on the wooden floor. He sat on his knees, intertwined his fingers, and closed his eyes.

A spark of flame in the center of his being, flickering in winter winds.

A hot blaze, unwavering in the blizzard, chasing away the darkness.

A raging inferno, basking a cold world in warmth, calling upon the sun.

Tian-Gui faltered, suddenly, a raspy breath escaping his lips. Had he forgot to breathe? No, it was merely exhaustion. Sweat beads had formed all over his body, even though he hadn't moved at all, and there was a pit in his stomach, a churning sensation of weakness. So this was the usage of energy, huh? He looked to the corner of his vision, and once again spotted those green and blue bars that indicated his health and what he could only assume was his 'energy'. They were both low, and were slowly building up once more.

"Heh," he chuckled, "Guess I'm not used to this."

He calmed the roar of his blood and the pounding of his heart, breathing deeply. Then Tian-Gui closed his eyes once more. The inferno still raged in his mind's eye, but now, he began to expand it. This was his soul, his ideals, his passions, and to merely lock it in the center of his heart was pointless. Slowly, the golden orb began to bloom outwards, flowing through his blood vessels. A gold ichor that empowered him entirely. The mantle of a hero.

Tian-Gui opened his eyes. In his solar plexus, underneath his shirt, a small light could be seen, softly glowing. A few moments later, it disappeared, and he laid down on the dojo floor with a long sigh. "Ah, that was challenging."

A Skill has been created through a special action. By practicing using sheer willpower to intensify your energy the ability to better do so, Intensify Energy, has been created.​
Intensify Energy (Rank 10) (Level 1, 0/3 SP)
Cost: 20 HP + 20 MP.
You tense up, and then using sheer willpower make the energy within your core stronger and more intense than before, although it will last only for a few moments, 5 seconds to be precise. This will give a boost to your physicality and strengthen other energy based abilities. Your STR and AGI will be increased by 10% WIS and your other energy based Skills will gain an increase to their numeral affects equal to 25% WIS.​

But it certainly wasn't useless. Now that he got a hang of it, he should be able to Intensify his Energy whenever he needed to, not to mention that it would be best for him to continually hone this power of his as well. Extending his hand and clenching it, Tian-Gui grinned.

A Pseudospace was a place that was overlaid with reality, but yet, did not affect it. In other words? The perfect battlefield to take down villains.

He stepped outside next, where the others had already began to manifest pseudospaces. Still munching on another cookie from that tray of confections, Tian-Gui waited until the rest of them were finished, before trying it out for himself. Connecting with Gaia, was it? He honestly had no idea how those other youths even made sense of instructions that vague, but, if the sudden silences were any indication, well, they definitely had done it. Keeping his blue eyes open this time, Tian-Gui felt for that sensation of a flickering flame once more, trying to fan in to cover the entirety area.

It died out quickly, and the man sighed. There had to be something else, some connecting point, some…

Oh. He shouldn't be fanning those flames. Instead, he would be…

He reached out once more, and this time, used that candle flame to ignite another source of power, Gaia. Like dry tinder or gasoline, the flames caught, and the entire world froze, like a picture. Silence reigned as Tian-Gui marvelled this isolated space. So if his own Energy was the blue bar, then Gaia was a much greater force, huh? Now he'd just have to learn to harness that latent power properly.

Tian-Gui scratched his head as he removed the three windows that popped up. A congratulatory message and two windows regarding the new Talents he had acquired, huh? Looked like the things he needed to train were piling up more and more. Rolling his shoulders and stretching out his arms, he listened to Artisia's words as she chattered on. Much more talkative than first impressions implied, huh? "Nice to see that you're confident," he replied airily, "I'm not really trained in those sorts of things, but if you need a sparring partner, I'll be happy to oblige! For now though…I'll probably be heading off. See you guys around!"

With that, Tian-Gui waved, unlocked his bicycle, and sped off.

Training alone on his porch was much more difficult than anticipated. It wasn't exactly that the dojo's atmosphere had helped, but more as if all the exhaustion was continually piling up, even when all he did was continually use his Energy and figuring out how to properly control that flame he visualized. Meditation was much harder than expected, and when he considered how he was using his own life force to do all this, it was actually a little bit scary. Regardless though, Tian-Gui hardened his resolve, pushed through his fatigue, and continued to commit his strength into training his newfound abilities. The world continued to freeze and unfreeze as his burning soul empowered his body, and before he knew he, the sun was beginning to fall once more, the sky becoming a mixture of indigo and scarlet.

Several hours had gone by in a blink, and his stomach really was grumbling now. Staggering up, Tian-Gui swayed a little, before walking back into his room, his shirt soaked with sweat. He dashed cold water against his face, wiping away some of the sluggishness that clung to his limbs, before opening up the refrigerator.

Of course it was empty.

"Man, don't really feel like cooking today as well…"

Scratching the back of his neck and wishing that he at least had an energy bar to munch on while he searched for a restaurant, Tian-Gui walked out of his suite, swinging his keys as he did so. The streets were much more populated now, various friendly faces greeting the large man as he passed by. A few kids were kicking a soccer ball by the curb, while the old man that ran his own convenience store had whipped up some sweet potatoes. Not exactly what Tian-Gui wanted, but it took the edge off his hunger, giving him the will to walk further.

"Tian?" A familiar voice sounded behind him.

He turned around, recalled those green eyes, and said, "Hey there, Rin. Fancy meeting you here!"

"Well, I sorta like this neighborhood. Like my second home and all."

"Oh?"
he said, "Not gonna head home for dinner?"

She looked to the side, before shaking her head. "…not today."

Tian-Gui nodded, leaning against a telephone pole. "Parents at work, huh?"

"Well…"
Rin trailed off. "Oh, you look pretty tired. Uhm, were you hurt at all yesterday?"

"Naw, my training for today was just surprisingly hard. Doesn't help that I haven't had a chance to fill up yet."
He laughed. "Cookies and tea are nice and all, but I gotta get some meat in me, yeah?"

"Eh?"
The girl stopped for a moment, before brightening up. "Can I, er, help then? I know a super cute place, you know? Super secret as well!"

"Sure, that'd be great. Have no idea when I'll flat out pass out, so let's hear that suggestion of yours."

"Nope, it's a secret! You'll see it when you get there!"
For a moment, Rin fiddled with the folds of her pleated skirt, before suddenly grabbing Tian-Gui's hand and pulling him along. "S-s-so yeah! Just follow me!"

Though there was no way she'd actually be able to budge him, Tian-Gui walked behind her anyways. "Ahahaha, alright then."

The duo slipped down streets unfamiliar with the young man, before suddenly, the scenery became very familiar. Wasn't this a part of the park that his porch looked out on? Cherry blossom petals turned pavement into art, speckling it with pink brilliance, while the warm sun gave it a nice hue. The uphill climb he faced was a little hard on him, but Tian-Gui kept pace regardless, and soon, the trees gave way to a clearing.

M5ESqrF.jpg

It was a café on a hill. No, it was a food truck on a hill. A yellow-and-white Volkswagon, its interior remodelled into a kitchen, stood boldly on the grassy clearing. Two sandwich boards were placed beside it, daily specials written in chalk, revealing food that was quite affordable. A few small tables, with white blankets placed over them, were scattered at various points to see the view, while two aproned girls waved at Tian-Gui and Rin.

"Yo Rin," the black-haired one said, fiddling with her curls, "Finally net yourself a boyfriend?"

"I-it's not like that, Mika!"

"Then is he your long-lost older brother that isn't actually related to you by blood?" chimed the pig-tailed blonde, a cheeky smile on her face.

"N-not like that either!"

At this point, Tian-Gui stepped in, and bowed slightly. "Real fancy place you two have here. I'm Tian-Gui Jian, twenty years old and currently employed as a part-time laborer in a certain construction firm. Nice to meet you!"

"Same here! Welcome to Boulangere Le Trefle, the only food truck in Neo Tokyo that transforms into a stylish café and is run exclusively by two high school dropouts."
The dark-haired girl puffed her non-existent chest out proudly. "I'm Mika, and she's…"

"…Rita. Please, the two of you, take a seat! One of you looks famished, at least."
The blonde smiled as she pulled out a notepad from her blue apron. "Feel free to take your time, but would you like to get started off with anything?"

"Well," Tian-Gui said, winking at Rin, "You look like a regular here, so hey, I'll defer to your decisions."

"E-eh? Uh, I guess…one of everything?"

The three of them looked at Rin. Mika groaned, Rita's eyes flashed with yen, while Tian-Gui laughed.

Like a child who didn't really know why she was called to the principal's office, Rin asked, "Um…was that the wrong decision?"

"Of course not! It'd be pretty unmanly for me NOT to want to eat everything on the menu, after all."

"I'm adding a 20% service fee onto this,"
grumbled Mika.

Rita patted the black-haired girl's head. "Now now, don't be greedy just cause you got a big order right when you were about to close. After all, it's not like he's going to waste any of the food, right?"

"Yeah, just leave it to me!"

"Fine, I'll be charging extra if you plan on taking any of this to go then."

"I won't. Believe in me and my empty stomach!"

Ultimately, though, Tian-Gui did, in fact, have to take some of it to go. Feeling somewhat outclassed by Mika's insane cooking wizardry, as well as the vast quantities that she seemed to be able to make out of nothing, the Chinese youth stumbled back home even more lethargic that he began. At least he made a couple new friends, and had a nice new option for eating out. Beside him, Rin constantly looked at his face and giggled to herself, never giving him a direct answer when he asked her why she was laughing.

Ah well. Girls will be girls.

Evening was upon them fully now, streetlamps shining fluorescent beams onto dark streets. Stretching out with a luxurious yawn, Tian-Gui said, "Will you be fine from here, Rin?"

"Yup, everything should be fine now, Tian-Gui! Thanks for today!"

"Thank you, really. Never would have imagined that such a charming place existed in a park nearby. How did the three of you meet anyways?"

"Well…eheh, I sorta got lost in that park, and…"

"Hahaha, nice. If only I were rewarded that much for wandering. Anyways, see you later then, Rin!"

"Yup, glad to see you energetic again, Tian-Gui! Bye by-"

His eyes suddenly snapped wide open. "Wait!"

"E-e-eh? Are you okay?"

"White hair, odd eyes, Gekkoukan High School! Do you know anyone like that?"

The emerald eyed girl furrowed her brows at this. "Um…hm…yeah, actually. There's a transfer student…uh, I think his name was Amagi…Rei? Kei? Mei? Anyways, he came from New Osaka a week and a half ago. Stands out a lot, but seems to ignore everyone as well. Almost as if he lives in his own little world." She smiled. "Weird, huh?"

Tian-Gui stared for a moment. That was…unexpectedly easy. He was almost disappointed for a moment, before the man hugged Rin, spun her around twice, and said, "AWESOME. YES. I GOT THIS! Thanks Rin, I owe you a bunch again!"

"Eh? EH? EHHHHHH?!"

"Gotta go fast now! See ya tomorrow!"
With that, Tian-Gui ran down the street, back to his own apartment.

Still bewildered, Rin looked down, saw all the cartons of food that the man forgot to bring back with him, and sighed. "He was the one that paid for all of them too…"

You have shown your charm and general magnetism today. You can now unlock the Charisma Talent Skill.
Charisma (Rank 9, Cost: 8 AP)​

[fieldbox="Xenon Zhu, red, solid"]Right before they were all readying to leave, another gamer approached them. Well... this is somewhat unexpected, Xenon thought to himself as he observed the newest addition to the group. He seemed to be older, likely out of high school, with a broad build and angular face. Though, despite the new gamer's honest smile, Xenon found himself a little bit unsettled. In all honesty, as a benign realist, enthusiastic people threw him off a bit. Then again, the whole situation was unsettling, so the benign realist in him was already benched; So he simply resigned to giving a polite smile with his introduction.

After introductions had been made and contact information exchanged, the gamers went their own ways to their respective destinations, with the majority headed to Artisia's house.

Once everyone was seated, Xenon went about with his own attempt at using energy. Meditation... wasn't exactly something he did everyday, so he looked towards everyone else for reference. Breathe Xenon, he thought to himself as he closed his eyes. Calming down and clearing his thoughts came quite easily, considering that it was something he did every night before a performance. He took in steady breaths, reaching all the way down to the the bottom of his lungs, pressing the muscle of his diaphragm. Four counts in, four counts out, he reminded himself as he metered his breathing.

The bridge of Xenon's nose tingled at the intake of more oxygen and his head felt lighter, but not to the point he was dizzy. Next, was the delving into the energy. Formless... the word on Jin's note echoed in his skull. Without shape, structure, or boundary. Once he had gathered the sensation of energy in his hand, Xenon felt a bit lost and unsure with what to do with it. His hands, on the other hand (pun intended), fell back to muscle memory. It was as if the energy he had collected was a deck, riffling downwards in a long water fall shuffle, coming out smoothly and evenly, before pooling into his other hand that was waiting below.

When Xenon opened his eyes again, he was surprised to see a sliver of luminescent blue coming from his hand. His eyes widened as he stopped breathing for the brief moment the glow rested on his hand, until it faded away. He remembered to breathe again when two more windows appeared before him:

A Skill has been created through a special action. By attempting to bring out Mana from your body, the ability to better launch it forth, Mana Bolt, has been created.​

Mana Bolt (Rank 10) (Level 1, 0/3)
Cost: 10 MP
You fire a small, comet like bolt of Mana from the palm of your hand. Its Damage Mod is equal to 2 + 25% SPI and Max Damage is equal to 50% WIS. This more typical projectile can still pack a pretty decent punch once it becomes stronger.​

So... this is real, Xenon thought as he closed the windows. Two days of seeing names and levels and another filled with imps and other gamers somehow hadn't completely allowed the reality to sink in yet that he wasn't still sleeping. But with more and more undeniable proof ladled onto him, even he couldn't brush off the newfound reality. Granted, he still had half a mind to go home and attempt to forget it all, but as time passed, it was slowly being overridden by a growing sense of curiosity and awe.

Next was the "pseudospace", which everyone headed outside for. Once it was his turn, Xenon focused his mind like before, breathing slowly and deliberately. Calling upon Gaia was, again, something new. It wasn't like he could just knock on Gaia's figurative door and ask for a cup of sugar. So once again, he relied on imagery he already knew to try and convey the energy to the will of the world. Like before, Xenon found himself relying on his experience as a magician: he imagined as if the world was a stage hall. But unlike usual, he imagined it's seats empty, with the hall lights on and the stage lights, off. Soon enough, the motion of the world became still, like his image, leaving two more windows in front of him:

By managing to create a Pseudospace, you have unlocked the Talent Skill 'Basic Pseudospace Creation'.
You know how to create basic Pseudospaces for practicing the usage of your powers in.
Acquire the 'Pseudospace' Score 10% (1/3 WIS + 1/4 SPI). Can create Rank 10 Pseudospaces.
Currently costs 8 HP and 8 MP to create a Pseudospace. Breaking your own Pseudospace is free, but breaking others' requires you to focus your ability to control Pseudospaces and break theirs, plus you also have to pay that HP and MP Cost.

Empty Pseudospace (Rank 10) (Creation DL: 95)
A regular, blank Pseudospace. There is nothing special about it.

Once the space had been broken and all the gamers had tried the ability, Xenon sat back and listened as Artisia and some of the others talked. "Practice sounds good," he agreed with Alexander, "That is, so long as I'm not facing Artisia. I like walking without pain." All that said, he chose to leave with the other gamers after thanking Artisia's mother for the snacks and tea.

Xenon walked into an empty house, again. On the fridge was a note from his father, in his atrociously slanted handwriting, saying that work called again and he wouldn't be home tonight. Right next to it was a note from his mother, written in neat cursive, that she was at the Yi residence down the street and that dinner was on the table. The quiet lull of the household almost reminded him of the pseudospace he'd made earlier, though Xenon had long grown accustomed to it. After a lone dinner and quick clean up, he retired to his room.

He tried to recall the performance he had planned, but found that he couldn't put it together smoothly without fumbling or messing up. Eventually, frustration overtook him and he relented by calling the stage manager and canceling his performance. With his homework already done and his show canceled, Xenon wandered downstairs, idly rolling a quarter on his knuckles, until he reached the backyard, where he spent the evening practicing his newfound skills. Everything seemed to come back fairly easily, without a need to look back at Jin's note even once.

Xenon went to bed, feeling a little displaced, but more or less at ease about the whole gamer situation. Before he fell asleep completely, his phone notification rang with a text from Artisia, which he answered with drowsy fingers. I guess I'm more or less ready. See ya tomorrow. Night.
[/fieldbox]

Just as they were about to leave for Artisia's offer, another Gamer arrived at the cafe. It made sense that there were more of them out there, if just a morning had uncovered four others. For all Shouko knew, there might just be an entire community of people with simlar powers in the city. How did these 'ability users' hide from the rest of the world?

Shouko thought the newcomer was quite handsome, a welcome addition to the team of youngsters. Tian-Gui had a very muscular build and a charming smile. He was of Chinese descent as well- for some reason, half of the group were. Shouko certainly had nothing against them, and judging from their perfect Japerican, they had probably lived here for a very long time. In Artisia and Xenon's case, most likely all their lives. Shouko too lost in thought to shake Tian-Gui's hand before the group decided to leave.

Artisia's dojo was an impressive place, everything one would imagine of such an establishment. Clean, varnished wood, the faint smell of sweat, quiet calmness with intermittent shouts and groans. Shouko had never stepped into a dojo aside from the one in her school, and certainly had never stayed for a long visit. She felt out of place as she sat down on the tatami floor.

Artisia's mother was nice enough to bring drinks and snacks, to which Shouko responded with words of gratitude politely. Once she had gone, the group got down to business, attempting the note's instructions.

It didn't take long before someone was successful. Shouko tried as well, but the note was very vague. Visualize the energy from your body? She first thought of an object of desire... a wad of cash. Bringing it forth from her body- wasn't it just like an ATM dispensing cash? Shouko went with that visualization... and failed. She let out a sigh, not realizing she had stopped breathing. This was more difficult than she thought.

Shouko tried again, this time reaching for her scientific knowledge of the human body. Energy from the body meant chemical energy. To harness that, chemical interaction had to take place... flow into her hands... and be released.

A loud boom shook Shouko from her meditation, with the recoil throwing her off balance. She quickly collected herself and realized that she had in fact succeeded- the explosion was her newfound power going off. Shouko was panting heavily at that point, apparently from the exertion.

"M-ma-na b-burst. You hold out your hand and let out a burst of Mana from it that strikes any foe in front of you," Shouko read the skill description out loud for the benefit of the group. That was... amazing, she thought. Magic! She was a magician now!

By that time the rest of the group had already completed the exercise. Most of them learned something different- a result of their differing physiology, perhaps? Artisia and Tian-Gui received abilities suitable to their physiques.

Next up was 'Pseudospace' creation, to which the group succeeded in a fashion eventually. Shouko was even more amazed at this power than Mana Burst even though it wasn't as flashy- she was creating an entire alternate dimension. This was in the realm of science fiction.

Intrigued by the possibilities of the powers, Shouko took up Artisia's offer to stay and train. She found the girl to be a very aggressive person- a delinquent, so to speak. In the past, Shouko never had much dealings with her kind. They were trouble, and she didn't like how rowdy and crass they acted. Artisia was already sizing them up and her words were always directed at provoking Tian-Gui. She was like a wolf vying for the alpha status in their pack.

Shouko didn't plan on fighting her, or anyone really. This practice was for self-defense. She continued to train Mana Burst as often as her MP allowed her to, and Pseduospace Creation for when she was empty. It was a nice feeling working hard to improve yourself.

With their new powers attained, and then subsequently honed, the new born Gamers would soon find themselves back at home in their various beds, sleeping away the fatigue from the around six to eight hours of power practice they put in. It was pretty tiring, but completely worthwhile as it meant that these once ordinary human beings were starting to become stronger, more extraordinary beings. After all, they now had real, visible powers now, ones that they could actively use and control. It was more than just being able to see things or open windows. It was a real power with a visceral affect.

With that, the night rolled on and soon enough the sun is up in the skies over Japerica. In the morning when everyone wakes up, they would be greeted to that rather familiar message in its light blue window.
Sleeping in bed has left you awake and refreshed.
All MP and HP healed.
All Ailments healed.
All stamina restored.​

The Gamers bodies were all better now. Whether or not their minds were possibly still in a bit of shock from all of this or not would depend upon them, but at least they wouldn't have to worry about waking up tired in the morning. It truly is an amazing power.

In the morning, before school, Xenon and Alexander would both receive a text message from Tian-Gui, who seemed to have found some new information for them.

"Good morning, friends! One of my buddies happens to go to Gekkoukan High. Apparently, there was a transfer student called Amagi Rei or Kei or Mei that matches the description. Dude probably sets up a pseudospace during lunch every day, most likely eating alone, so how about we check him out during that time? He'd probably enjoy the company~"​

A rather friendly text from a very friendly guy no doubt, and helpful to both Xenon and Alexander to give them an easier time finding this Gamer, since now they could either search around more efficiently or ask around about Rei Amagi to see where they hang out or where they might disappear to.

Artisia, however; would not get such a text and would try to possibly ask around about the white haired, interesting eyed student.

Interrogation(?)
66 - 10 WIS = 56

Unfortunately, to no avail. Most of the people she goes to talk to either avoid her, or the ones she does manage to talk to say that they don't know anything. She does meet one student who, just to get her to stop asking people in the third years, mention that there is a first year like that, one with white hair and 'interesting eyes'.

Of course, during lunch Artisia would also hear a couple of whispers that someone from the famous Azai family has come to the school. There are also whispers from some girls that some handsome, very tall guy was seen talking with the Oni Teacher Yamada Katsuo at the gate, a guy who Artisia has probably had some run ins with in the past. She would have seen on Friday that he was Level 3. He is very tough. (Will add something here for the possibility of Shouko sneaking/walking in).

Those two that came in were most likely Tian-Gui and Kyosuke, having come to try and see the Gamer. Xenon and Alexander, two third years, would have also heard some of the whispers as well. They would definitely have a better chance to find the mysterious, more experienced Gamer now with more of them coming to the school and somehow being able to get in. News also travels fast here apparently. Good thing kids are allowed an hour for lunch in this private school, meaning that finding this Gamer was going to be a bit easier and they could do so in less time.

The search has begun.

embed.php

Artisia woke up to the same window this morning. It said she had been fully rested, her HP and MP had been restored, all ailments had been healed, and her stamina had been restored. Wait a minute. I never thought about this, but where's the stamina stat? Or is stamina something that can't be measured numerically? Huh. Guess I can't know unless I ask Gaia or something... Or maybe that other student has some kind of information that none of us know about. That would have to be a question asked later once she found the other person with 'The Gamer' power.

After Artisia had done her morning routine, she got dressed for school. She put on her 'unique' school uniform, which she had changed just the tiniest bit to show a little bit of rebellion. She wanted to show this rebellion toward the people who were controlling all of the students into wearing such horrendously unoriginal clothing. Clothing that made all of them look like little toy robots that the people in charge could control. Artisia wasn't going to complain about the school itself though. Gekkoukan was certainly a good school. She had earned a spot there too. She worked hard to go there, although she hated the uniforms. She could live with putting on pieces of cloth though. Getting an education was important to her... Although plans might change now that she has this power. She might become a famous fighter now that she had this. But she'd have to see what the future held for her before she made a decision like that.

Artisia left her house with a piece of buttered toast in her mouth. She liked to have something to give her energy while she did a slight jog toward the school. It was important to have some kind of exercise in the morning. Otherwise, she'd start to get sick more often and start feeling gross in general. A woman in good shape was a woman who could do anything. At least... Artisia was pretty sure that was true.

When Artisia got to school, she had no time to chat with Xenon, so she sat down in her desk and started her classes for the day. She went through all the subjects trying her best to pay attention and take good notes so that she could study later. Oh! Maybe I could grind some skills and study at the same time! That would be a good use of time! Or maybe study some of the material while I'm doing my workout! That's a good idea! I'll have to remember that for later! As the classes in the morning came to an end, Artisia felt as if she had remembered the material pretty well. She was sure that she would have an easy time studying for her classes tomorrow. But now was lunchtime, so it was time to start looking for the strange white-haired person.

As Artisia went through the halls, people were mostly too scared of her to talk to her. She gritted her teeth in anger at her own stupid reputation. Why do I have to known as a damn delinquent?! Seriously. This would be so much easier if everyone wasn't so scar- Artisia suddenly heard within earshot of people talking about someone tall and handsome in the school, as well as a member of the Azai family. Those stupid bastards. During lunch? Artisia walked down the hall toward the couple of girls talking about it, but the majority of the group looked fearful as she approached. The girls all ran away, which made her even angrier. But before she could go to ask someone else, a girl walked up to her. "Jingcai-san, please stop asking the third years about some strange person. You're scaring them." Artisia looked at the girl with a glare that could kill. "Well maybe they wouldn't need to be scared if they could answer my damn question." The girl who approached her seemed to get a little fearful as Artisia replied. "A-Anyway... To answer your question, there's a first year with white and interesting eyes. I-I'm not sure what class they're in or what their name is, but I know they're a first year." Artisia took a deep breath. "Now that wasn't so hard was it?" Artisia walked past the girl and headed over to her classroom to find Xenon. Only... To her surprise, he wasn't there. Artisia pulled out her phone and texted Xenon. "Where did you go? I just found out that the mysterious person is a first year."

Well, odd was one way of calling it, but being able to wake up early every morning feeling completely refreshed was…well, it was pretty damn good. The birds were still singing, and the sun hadn't fully warmed up the world yet. Waking up with a satisfied stretch, Tian-Gui pulled a windbreaker over his undershirt and went out for his daily routine of cardio. It was a colder morning than on Sunday, but after the first few laps around the park, his blood was pumping and he was comfortably warm. Partway through, the raven-haired youth took a detour to the hill that Rin showed him yesterday, but, as expected, white-and-yellow Volkswagon was gone.

To be expected, probably. He had some funny fantasies about the two dropouts living in their van, but it made sense that two relatively successful entrepreneurs had their own home. Thinking about the large portions of that food truck made Tian-Gui remember breakfast once more, and he ran back to his suite, going up the stairs and into his room.

The refrigerator was empty.

No, more specifically, the refrigerator was still empty.

Because he didn't go grocery shopping, and he didn't actually take home the food he got to-go.

"Ah, shit."

Instead of eating a hearty breakfast, the young man instead sent off a text to Xenon and Alexander about the elusive Amagi Rei Kei Mei. It distracted him for the entirety of one minute, before his stomach grumbled once more and he began to chug down water.

Despite his hunger, the tall man still managed to finish his shift with few difficulties. Today's shift was at the Port Island District, a convenient location that was merely a one hour walk away from Gekkoukan High School. His boss had been kind enough to spare him a donut, and that sugary energy allowed him to finish with relative ease. It probably helped that the loads for that particular day weren't quite as punishing as on Friday. After four hours, even with an empty stomach, Tian-Gui felt like he could just walk it off as he searched for a good lunch.

As noon came, so did the lunch rush hour for all the businessmen with tight schedules to keep. Walking through the crowds, the young man thought for a moment, before realizing that he could probably put his time to good, practical use. While he originally practiced pseudospace creation and energy intensification in a stationary position, perhaps it would be better to both test the range of his pseudospace, as well as use Intensify Energy on the go.

Keeping his eyes open and his feet moving, Tian-Gui took his flame and ignited the world once more. People disappeared and silence reigned. From there on, he began to walk faster, seeing just how far his pseudospace went. Along the way, that flame in his core bloomed as well, empowering his body and sending warm shivers all over it. It took some time for him to get to the edge of his pseudospace. One moment, he was walking in silence, and the next, he was merged with the crowds once more.

So it reached as far as his line of sight, huh?

Interesting.

From there on, after purchasing a fancy platter of sushi from a small shop, Tian-Gui continuously created pseudospaces in order to practice his Intensify Energy. Though this power of his didn't seem to strengthen as he continually use it, it felt energizing at least, and his personal regenerative abilities allowed him to continually use it. Soon, windows began to pop up, notifying him of a few accomplishments.
Health has gone up in Level by 1.
+1 HP, +1 EXP​
Intensify Energy has gone up in Level by 1. It is now Level 10.
+1 EXP​
Tian-Gui reached Gekkoukan High School at exactly 1PM. It was large and impressive, the building shiny and new enough to look like it deserved its mantle as a 'prestigious school'. Surprising, really, that Artisia was a student in it, but perhaps she got accepted due to her achievements in sports? As he walked up to the gate, a tanned, muscular teacher that was even thicker than Tian-Gui himself stopped him. At Level 3, Yamada Katsuo, the Oni Teacher, was an impressive sight indeed, with his buzzcut and his shades. Smiling at the man, Tian-Gui said casually, "Good afternoon, sensei!"

"Who are you?" There was no smile in return.

"Oh, just a friend of Amagi…Rei," Tian-Gui said, chancing it, "He forgot his lunch, so I'm here to deliver it to him."

"Sushi?"
Katsuo narrowed his eyes. "That's pretty fancy."

"Well,"
he shrugged, "Rei's a pretty fancy guy."

The teacher grunted derisively. "Yeah, he totally is. Well, whatever, come on in. I'll give you a visitor's pass for the time being. Drop it off in the office after you're done, yeah?"

"Sure thing!"

"And your name, kid?"

"Tian-Gui Jian."

Despite the fact that he had successfully infiltrated the school, Tian-Gui was anything but inconspicuous. Broad-shouldered and taller than even the ace of the high school's basketball team, his handsome visage caught the eyes of practically anyone in the hallway as he walked by. Striding through the first floor, he searched for Rin's familiar face, but ultimately didn't find it. Was she elsewhere? Eh, didn't really matter. Instead picking a class-representative-type girl, Tian-Gui walked over to her and asked where the school rooftop was. After all, Pseudospaces could only be created outside, and with his habit of disappearing during lunch, Rei was definitely the type to create a pseudospace just to have lunch like a complete shut-in. Even a locked toilet stall wouldn't be as private as pseudospace, after all.

Thankfully, despite how she refused to look him in the eye and how she looked mildly feverish, her instructions were concise and he thanked her, opening up the stacked box of sushi and feeding her a roll.

Apparently, that just made her sway and look even more sick. Should the class rep really have such a weak constitution? After recommending a visit to the school nurse, Tian-Gui set off dramatically, ascending the stairs like a man on a mission.

The rooftops of the school was silent, and he instantly realized that he was in Pseudospace. Despite being a popular gathering spot for students, the tables were utterly empty, except for a note. Tian-Gui picked it up, unfolded it, and smirked.
If you wish to find me, meet me on the track and field at 1:30, and bring all of the others.

What a guy. Did he get tipped off by Jin? Scratching the back of his neck, Tian-Gui sat down on one of the tables, opened up the tiered box of sushi, and began to eat with one hand, while sending a message to Artisia, Xenon, and Alexander. They were the only ones who went to this school, after all.
Hey guys! Looks like Rei really is the elusive, secretive type. He said to meet him at the track and field at 1:30, so hey, let's go say 'hi'! See you all there~!"
With a press of a button, the text message was sent to three phones, as Tian-Gui lingered on the rooftop. Closing his eyes, he once again formed the image of a burning world, but this time, he attempted to reclaim that fire, gaining control before snuffing it out. Taking control of the pseudospace of others was possible, and so was destroying the pseudospace of others. Seeing how Rei had gone out of his way to offer the larger man something to practice with, he might as well try to crack this shell open.

Status
Not open for further replies.