The Exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked up at the male, and then down at the injured man. He seemed to have woken up, and she had been tending him since. He was confused, and so she explained all his medical what not and information. She also told him where he could contact her, as she would gladly come back to help him out. She looked up and found how dark it was getting, and people would be looking for her at this time of day. "I really have to go.." She muttered, taking off the mask and the air pump, placing it back in the medical kit. She let him keep the IV pump, as he would need it more. He slowly limped away, holding onto the IV pole to help support his weight.

Now, she needed to leave. Lacking common sense as she did, she bowed to both the males, and she took out her wallet, giving the debt collector money equivalent, if not more, than what Ray was going to give. Money didn't mean far too much for her in this situation, as their lives were far more valuable. "Here. Take this and place leave." She spoke, in a polite tone. She still had the suit on, so she wasn't dirty, and she was still completely sterile, so not infected. Hopefully, she could return to the university on the purist side before lights out...

@parkpyro @Peter Crimsonblood

Ray fell on his back. He could feel the henchman's weight pushing him down, but he was not afraid. He knew he would not hit him, and he was right... the bat did not connect. He stared coldly at him then stood up, brushing the dirt and blood off of his clothes. Ray was angry... mad... pissed. He had negative feelings rushing through his entire being, but he was too smart to deliver a blow to the henchman... he needed him. His fighting skills could prove useful when infiltrating Bluecorp.

He placed the money on the henchman's chest roughly and walked past him to check on the inured man. He placed a shoulder under his arm for support and watched Serenine leave. He noticed someone else standing in the distance... the figure of a girl. Ray's head was pounding, so he did not care how many more people joined the party. He just needed to get this man to safety and have a long deep sleep. "Please leave for now. Do remember, however, that we need you." Said Ray to the attacker.
@Teomessos
@parkpyro
@spoopily

Reactions: spoopily
She wasn't sure what was going on here, but she didn't want to stay to find out really. She could feel that she was already detected by the two of the group off the bat, she probably should leave... Right this instant. Kitty had just became a witness, and to keep her hair from flowing so much to give herself away more than she already has, she swung it to one side and turned on her fancy heel. No, this wasn't right, she shouldn't have dressed so well today. She stuck out like a sore thumb.

Her heart began to race from paranoia, going into a slow walk. Slow, so she isn't too obvious. She managed to be such an idiot to wear perfectly neat and clean clothes. A white, fluffy lace bralette. Rather comfortable, despite how tight it looked. The bralette that just so happened to match her lace choker, adorning a small golden medallion she found at an antique shop hanging from the bottom. She wore faux leather leggings, because real leather would irritate the hell out of her legs from walking. And To top it off the worst of all, open toed, steel heel ankle booties. Booties, the heel and boot mix, with the sound of a heel when walked on.

But enough of what she was wearing, it was all about how she was going to get shanked probably, those clothes didn't matter when she gets stabbed. She could imagine it know, the sound of her heels. Cling clang cling clang - you're fucking dead kitty.... You're wearing a bralette, your stomach all out. Having your stomach out and peeking into alleys is like wearing a dart board on your stomach but the darts are knives and their rewards is that they get a dead cat.

"I need to calm the fuck down..."

The other female who was at the scene earlier, was now on her way of walking back home. That was when she had finally found the well dressed woman trying to run. Well, her clothing wouldn't get her too far, as opposed to Serenie's low heeled boots, and flexible suit-style attire. Her outfit mainly consisted of pink, white, and brown, like a human ice cream of three flavours. The woman seemed to be panicking, and Serenie herself was quite short, standing at 4'9" while the said woman was standing at around.. 5'5"? It was hard to see from just eyeballing it. Serenie's appearance wasn't menacing, and quite frankly, aside from the somewhat professional clothing, the lack of any visible blight would be there as well. Then again, she didn't have the blight, so that was a no brainer.

She had assumed, based off the woman's clothing, that she was a purist as well, along with herself. "Miss?" She asked, gently. She didn't want to startle her, as she looked as though she was paranoid about a heart attack coming any second now. Her medical kit was packed up, and the case for her suit was in her other hand as well. She didn't find much of a reason for the woman to be so scared, since Ray wouldn't hurt anyone unless they were to hurt him. At least, from what she has seen at least.

The first thing that caught her eye was probably the little halo floating above her head. Either that was sorcery, or it was technology. It could be either, she really wouldn't be surprised. "Sorry, about that I mean. Ray wouldn't hurt you.. Not sure about that collector though..." She trailed off for a few moments, and then was able to snap back into reality. In any case, it was getting dark. If there was something she knew about the night, was that it would be dangerous if the woman knew not. "If you're going to leave, you can come with me. I'm a purist, I swear on it." Serenie was trying to reassure the woman, looking up at her with a smile. Though she was somewhat odd, as half of her hair was a pink colour with white streaks in them, while the other side was chocolaty brown. Her eyes matched the colour, however the sides were inverted.

@spoopily

Name: kuro asagi
Sex: male
Description:17650code.jpg
Blight: deprived
Social stance: dosent give a shit.
Infection point: severe blight on both his arms in lines making it look like some kind of sick tattoo as is on his leg as well.
>may i join with him? <

Kuro sits under the large city looking at the many things he stole for the day smirking. He actually quite adored his life of being deprived due to the fact that he never gave a shit about whether he had the newest stuff. He walked around the small underground passage going to trade some of the "cheaper" things to unsuspecting victums. "Hmmmm and who is there to trick today?" He spots an older man hunched over and goes towards him. "Sir i need some essentials now i have this beautiful gold [silver] watch which would go for thousands! Just give me a bag of essentials and its yours!" The old man quick to give it up hands him the large bag of essentials as kuro leaves the cheap watch running away.

Kitty was making her slow getaway when a woman- Or a kid, judging by the height approached her from around behind. She whipped around, eyeing her with bright eyes. She raised her head at the female staring down her halo before snapping out of her daze. No matter, this girl looked like a vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice cream mix.

She then explained that this Ray person wouldn't hurt her, but some collector thing guy probably would however. This made Kitty shift her body at an angle away from the mini female. "Ha, oh, yes." She chimed in her faint southern accent ifthatevenfitsintothisroleplay, her tone uncomfortable. "I'm really not supposed to be around here, especially at this time, but I don't magically wander off with strangers off the street. I'm a night walker all the time, I have my taser and my pretty heels if anything..." She lifted a clean shoe daintily before dropping it back down.

However, this girl mentioned being a purist. This caught her attention. Now what in the good name of couture was a pure person doing on this side of town? Kitty paused. Right, right she's pure as well. She had a reason to be here too, she felt something that she could do was to sympathize as best she could. Even if it meant being among them.

However she had a home to go to, and two jobs to take part in. Well, Ballet was every other week day and stripping had shifts. Sometimes she'd only but a few hours to rest then heading off to a separate world.

"Purist? What makes you think I'm pure, then?" Clothes? Aura? Clean hair? Luxurious items? For Christ's sake you have half of your body shown without any little idea of trying to cover yourself up. "Don't answer that." She said harshly down on the other girl's smile.

Kitty may look like a mysterious, wistful beauty... ... Never mind, she was a bitch at times. But she likes to stay realistic after all.

"Whatever. I have no problem dealing with others. Only thing is that you and this Ray person or whoever else you're draggin' along have to stay a good distance in front of me. Understand?" She bent down towards her a little, her voice falling. She pulled a taser from between her breasts. "You or your friends try a thing and I'll have any of you more lit up than a Christmas tree."

Was this... Purist hostility? She paused, but then rose, keeping an eye on the shorter female. No, it was just paranoia. Fight or flight. it couldn't have been senseless hostility towards the blighted or the ones connected with the blighted. She just wanted to be safe.

@Teomessos

Well, yes she was technically an adult, being 18 and all, but who in their right mind would assume that someone 4'9" would be an adult? Far too damn short that's for sure, and she could easily be mistaken as a midget. Oh who was she kidding, a lot of people called her one. She had her parasol on her back, like it were a sword strapped on her back. Really now, could a parasol be a weapon? Well, maybe. That is, if it was used correctly.

She listened to the girl's accent carefully, though she didn't seem to be showing signs of concentration. It was obvious that she was somewhat uncomfortable. Mainly because they were in another side of the town, talking to a younger female, nearing the night time, where people were bound to up and attack you. Yeah, pretty good reason if you were to ask me. "Good to know you have a taser... It's good to be prepared. Plus, getting hit with those heels ought to hurt.." She nodded, and then looked around.

She still had to get back to the university, since she was living on campus. She really didn't have any family who were still pure, as most of them had been exposed and blighted, part of the reason she became a sympathizer. Yeah, her peers were not a fan of her, but they couldn't hate her taking in consideration the amount of research and knowledge she managed to rack up.

When the woman asked about how Serenie knew she was pure, she paused for a moment, and was about to speak until the woman told her not to answer that, which caused her to giggle softly. "Alright, Alright, I won't." She replied, and it was fine for people to be rude at times.

"Ah, Ray is Blighted, so he won't be coming with us to the purist side." She explained, just to clear up things. It was just the girl, and she barely looked like she had the physique to really attack anyone even if she wanted to. Then again, looks were deceiving. She acknowledge the woman's warning, and nodded to signify that she understood. "Alright then. I'll stay in front of you. Though, I'm not sure if there are guards at the front.." She began pondering, and who was she kidding? Of course there would be guards there, it was night time for god's sake.

"Ah, before we go.. My name is Serenie. I'm a doctor and medical researcher in training, and I am attending a medical university." She turned around after walking in front. It'd be rude if she didn't introduce herself, since they weren't really strangers at this time.

@spoopily

Kai watched the commotion, the fight, well, almost fight? Bit she quickly grew bored, tapping her staff against the concrete as everything ensued. The girl who was following her at first had now run off, though not too far. Regardless of this, she headed to her previous destination.

She came back after grabbing a few things from the same place, and arrived just as it was getting darker out. But she had an extra staff with her, a much taller one than her own, not so much helping her stature, And something else hanging from her back, along with a backpack.

She slowly approached the dumpster where she had seen the girl run to, thinking that somehow she may still be there after all this time. But she was... Sleeping. Who falls asleep behind a dumpster?

She remained cautious, not only of the girls reaction, but also kept ears and eyes out for unexpected company. She then lifted her staff and lightly poked at the girl. "Hey, get up. Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

Kuro looks at everything happening smirking as they all scatter to different places. He decides to follow kai to the dumpster keeping his hand on his hunting knife in case shes hostile. He watches from afar to check the reactions they both hold to eachother. I mean he dosent wanna die just yet but who does in these times...

Name: Arden
Sex: Female
Description:
images

Blight: pure
Social stance: arrogant purist which sympathizes in secret

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arden settled herself against the brick wall encasing the area into an alleyway, casting a long impassive look down the gravel alley. Three, no four- she hadn't seen the man on the ground- people congregated together, some dispute heated enough to install force amongst each other. Arden watched a boy with a bat swing with enough force to kill a man. Yeah, as heiress to Bluecorp, she shouldn't be here. Even more so since those people down there were no doubt blighted. Scratching at her neck, irritated with the transparent film lining her skin as protection from the blighted, Arden heard a few murmurs of the shouts from the group, but couldn't make out much else. It was no fun, not being able to hear the conversation, but necessary. Seeing a girl pass by the other entrance to the alley, Arden perked up, but it quickly died off when the woman scattered away.

The group dispersed not too long afterwards, leaving a battered man on the ground and the teenage boy with the bat. There was a quick exchange of money, peaking Arden's interest. So this was some kind of debt collector? The boy looked to be Arden's age. She shouldn't be surprised, Arden did much more than others her age. Had she forgotten the boy was most likely blighted as well? Shrugging off her stiff position against the cold wall, Arden intercepted the boy's path. Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea, red flags sounded in her head but the girl had nothing to hold back. She was in a bad mood, why not shake things up a bit?

"Hey, you".

In another universe, maybe you could love me. And maybe, I would let you.

"Of course!" Kitty chimed snootily to the girl's agreeing to her heels. Another raise of her heel surfaced.

"I see. Ray, huh? Interesting to be amongst the blighted. Not that they're any different anyways..." Kitty said aimlessly, eyes elsewhere. They should probably get a move on already, better to say it than think it now. "Tell Ray to hurry himself up, I have a bed to be laying on right now." She said, sighing. Her heels never really do kill her, but they're starting to become annoying to wear on her feet since she's been walking longer than usual. "A... A doctor? Aren't you a kid or something?" She asked in awe, leaning in rudely.

".... You must be like 14 at most, what are you doing at some uni?" She said, ridiculing the girl and her height. Kitty, you're like 5'1 without those heels, don't get cocky.
@Teomessos

Kleo woke up with a jerk as she heard a familiar voice and something prodding into her side. Kleo pushed the end of Kai's staff away from her annoyed that she had been woken in such a manner, sleep was precious to Kleo.

"Get up? I'm not going to risk getting caught, there's too many people here. Who knows what kind of trouble we could get in." Kleo coughed and positioned herself to see Kai better, she rubbed the sleep out of her blurry eyes. Kleo was most weary about the Pures, more and more people were starting to gather in the alleyway and it was getting rather uncomfortable behind the dumpster.

"I don't have anywhere to go anyways." Kleo grumbled. "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo looked through the money given to him. It was about the same as the dept he collected, which meant he had now got double the amount. This should be enough to satisfy the boss he was collecting for. He watched as the others began to walk away, the man sounded like he had something planned. "Well, I'm not too hard to find" he responded when the eye patched male said he might need Leo. He gave a mocking wave as they left him.

He dropped the bat to the ground for a second and pulled out a small wallet. He placed all the money inside and shoved it back into his pocket. He began to walk away, picking up the baseball bat as he did. Just as he was leaving he was stopped by another girl. This one looked around the same age as him. Judging by her appearance she didn't look like she was very infected either.

"Hey" Leo said simply, he gave a quick look around before turning his attention back to the girl. "You know it's getting late, a pretty girl like you might get in trouble around these parts" Leo said, a soft grin on his face.

Ray prayed to the heavens that the new girl who had just arrived would quickly turn around and walk away. He couldn't bribe the henchman off again. Luckily, his prayers were answered by Serenine who walked the girl away from the scene. He watched them leave and gave the injured man a seat against the wall. He couldn't do much more for him than what Serenine had done, but he could at least find him some food before leaving.

Ray nodded to the henchman "Oh, I definitely will find you." . He watched him leave with some other company... a company that intrigued him and rustled his insides for some reason. A young looking purist. Have I seen her before? He thought.

Ray shook the thought off his mind and walked away.He took a turn at the end of the alley and tried to find a dumpster. Dumpsters were the biggest source of food in the slums. He had to feed that man.

"Found you." Said Ray, referring to the dumpster. He walked over to it and found more than just leftover food... two girls sat behind it. One of them seemed to be lying down while the other held a... staff? Who the hell still makes staffs? He wondered. "Uhm...excuse me?" He approached them calmly and leaned into a crouch, his eyepatch staring right at them.

Last edited:
At least the female was content. Serenie stood there, smiling as she was proud of her heels as well.

Well, as she said, Ray wasn't coming because he wasn't allowed to
1. Go to the other side of town, or even to the gate
2. He had some business to take care of, most likely.

So yeah.

They could always leave right now, nothing was stopping them. "We could always leave right now." She said, tilting her head to the side slightly. It looked like the woman's heels were hurting her feet, and she wouldn't be surprised if the woman would have bruises or blisters after this. It looked like the mention of being a doctor was hard to comprehend, and who could blame her? She was a literal midget.

"Actually, I'm 18 years old. I'm on a scholarship at a medical university, and I started a few years ago." Despite being so young, she had skipped some grades in elementary because of her over average intelligence, finishing high school far earlier than others would usually. She was even able to gain a scholarship at that, at a high class university. "I'm also a sympathizer, and I come by to treat some wounded, sick, and research about the blight." She concluded, pretty much summarizing everything up.

@spoopily
~~~~~~~~~~​

maxresdefault copy.jpg
Name: Experiment B.I.H #957 (Blight Infecting Humanoid)
Sex: Unspecified, but takes the appearance of a female.
Description: Not much is known about this being, as it was never revealed in public. The being is blighted from her legs up her body and to her cheeks, dark and bruised making it appear as though it were some sort of monster. It had also spread to one of it's eyes, and it looks like cracks at the side of it's face. There have been assumptions of an experiment down below, where only a few Bluecorp employees are aware of. It stands at 5'0", and usually sleeps in a large tube of fluid. All the blight is covered with a strange substance, making it appear as normal skin. Also, the cover is thick to the point that the infection cannot be detected nor can it be seen with the naked eye. As for it's race, it is not a human. It is infact the liquified version of the blight, being 57% pure blight mixed with 40% water, and 3% human DNA. The most basic it could be referred to as is a slime of a sort.
Blight: Deprived, however, it is covered and so appears pure.
Social stance: Hidden Experiment of Bluecorp (Unknown to Public)
Infection point: Spread all across her body, spare her chin, nose, forehead, and fingers.

It was quiet, the sounds of scientists all around it, and blabbering about things it didn't know. It was surrounded by a strange, clear fluid and had a mask attached to tubes extending out of the large chamber for it to be able to breath. It could barely hear anything, as it was all muffled. It couldn't speak, nor could it think quite yet. It's red eyes opened up, looking down at the blurry view of a lab and the people in what looks like white coats. The people noticed this, and panicked. Thus, one of them poured a strange, powder substance into the chamber, and it didn't know why, but it was tired. It grew more and more tired, eventually closing it's eyes once more, drifting off in the warm water and back into the endless abyss of darkness they call 'sleep'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Uchiha Obito
"You know it's getting late, a pretty girl like you might get in trouble around these parts"

Arden smiled at the boy's soft unspoken challenge. Partly flattered at the "pretty girl" statement but Bluecorp wasn't the type to let her have such free rein of wherever if she wasn't fully equipped with defense strategies. Getting late... Arden cast a quick glance to the sky above. Perhaps, but if Bluecorp hadn't noticed she had escaped by now, they would soon after her most recent escapade disaster. A bitter taste was left in her mouth at the thought of the various guards filing into this neighborhood, tearing down anyone they saw under the excuse of "infected beyond hope". The thought brought Arden to stare the boy in the eyes, curious as to what would push a boy into a situation that forced him to do such dirty work.

"Which mafia are you under? The Pierces, no.."

Arden lifted her chin defiantly. Her arms crossed underneath her bust, eyes raking over the boy.

"Titus seems more suited to you. The violent acts and everything", Arden gestured behind the boy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another universe, maybe you could love me. And maybe, I would let you.

"I only did some of the work" he gave a cheeky grin to the girl as he spoke. It seemed she was not really bothered about his earlier, which suggested she was rather confident. Or had more experience around here than he thought. Leo's vivid eyes scanned over the girl again, getting a better look at her. He felt like he had seen her before, but he was unsure.

He was taken back a little, when she mentioned two gangs. He was rather surprised she knew about them. "None" he told her. "I am a solo organization that is hired by multiple groups to collect for them" he informed the girl, a proud smile on his face.

Arden felt a light smile grace her face. So she was winning points here. Loosening her arms to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, Arden shifted her standing position. Luck shone down on her, he wasn't working for the Titus family. Which was good, she wouldn't have to tag him. Still, Arden faced the struggle of why exactly she had confronted the guy anyways. Sure, he was quite the interesting character and his vibrant eyes were definitely good at capturing her attention. No, he was blighted, and as much as she was trying to reform her purist ways in secret, she could do nothing for him currently. Well, she could offer him the test product Bluecorp was selling in secret. A frown threatened to overtake her composed and sweet face. That was risky, but something about this boy wouldn't let her leave let alone stop talking.

"Solo huh? I'm surprised you have been able to go this long, I'm assuming it's been longer than a week, now. Hopefully you realize that those two families are quite grabby when it comes to those of your skill, let alone negotiation tactics".

Arden tried not to smirk at the end of her lofty speech but she knew her eyes were laughing. Bad Arden. Her objective here was to be friends and try to restructure herself not continue to be the condescending arrogant girl she was raised to be. Still, he had basically stated he was a mercenary. That meant trouble. One person was all it took to screw over and you could have one of the families on your tail chasing you through these gutters. Ignoring the thought momentarily, Arden took a moment to examine his hands. Were those bandages underneath the cuff of his jacket sleeve?... What was up with that?

The boys body relaxed a little. It seemed he was going to be here sometime, and standing stiff was tiring. Leo was gently swing the bat to and fro with his right hand. "Well, I work with many people so if I get snatched it's safe to say quite a few guys will be angry" he said, sounding almost cocky. It was true though, Leo was very good at what he did and almost had a safety net from all his employers.

This girl seemed to not only be tolerant with him, but also intrigued. From Leo's point of view it looked like she wanted to talk to him, rather than had to talk to him. This lead him to safely assume she wasn't some honey trap set for him. He had had some trouble with those sort of things in the past. Leo noticed her look down at his bandaged hands. "Blight" he simply said, a little sigh in his voice. The infection that spread up his arms was very annoying at times, and meant contact with others was hard. Hence why he wore the bandages. But it could also be useful in his line of work, if he ever had to collect from a pure one.

Status
Not open for further replies.