The Exposure

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kleo heard the girl's words. Perhaps being short wasn't so bad. Kleo wished she was swifter, lighter, she wished she could tread quietly.

She was never good at hide and seek either. Well...the seeking she was good at. It was the hiding which Kleo struggled with, this was partly due to the fact that Kleo was loud, clumsy even. Like a lumbering beast. She wasn't agile, and she wasn't very fit, Kleo was always the first to be found. However, she was a fast learner, she loved to observe.

---

"I've been living fine on my own, I've lived here for 4 years and I've managed to survive." she replied briskly.
Kleo drew back hesitantly. Was Kai's proposition simply a joke or had she really meant it. Kleo did not know how to react to this, her surprise clearly showed on her face.

"You want me to come with you." Kleo scoffed as she walked after her. She stepped over one of the Blighted men's bodies, and leaned down to pick up her trusty brick. She had realized that it was foolish to walk out of her living quarters unarmed. It was time for Kleo to find a weapon.

Kleo soon became breathless. She wondered where Kai intended to be, where was she heading?

"You walk fast girl. Slow down. There ain't no one who needs saving anymore." she muttered, wheezing a little. She bent over, the stitch in her side getting worse by the minute. Kleo certainly needed to go out more. Her blighted leg started to ache with each step she took and the pollution that lingered in the air did not help. It heightened the stench of the foul rubbish and made Kleo cough. Kleo hadn't been out of her small room in a long time, she nearly forgot how bad it was.

The air felt clammy against her skin, it clogged her nose and made her clothes smell. Kleo remembered now, why she despised going outside. She heard a stranger emerge from behind them, Kleo looked up at the source of the voice. She stood up with a wince.

This alleyway was started to feel rather crowded to Kleo. Today was certainly a strange day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daria felt extremely overwhelmed. Kicked out of her home, attacked by a bunch of other Deprived and now probably about to be killed again. She was trying her very best to keep from breaking down completely after everything that has happened that day. She dropped the handle of her suitcase and pressed her fists against her face, close to just screaming out in frustration, hurt and loss. Why did this happen to her? She had done nothing wrong! She was a Sympathizer! Is that why? Perhaps it was a religious thing and whoever was up there was punishing her for trying to help those infected before.

"Look, please, I've had the worst day - no, second worse day - of my life and I can't deal with people like you throwing accusations at me. Please just...just give me some space. I don't want to be crowded in this damn place with you. I can't breath in here." Daria had snatched up her suitcase from where it landed on the floor, swallowing hard, "Now. If you excuse me, I need to...to find somewhere for the night."

@Arsonwolf

Last edited:
Aleron, after turning the thugs away, jogs after Daria "wait!" He moves in front of her and grabs her shoulder. His right arm has a long, thin line of blight going down his arm and circling down to his palm. "You shouldn't go out there without some kind of weapon or a person to keep you safe. Here. You can borrow this." He takes the short homemade metal blackjack out of his pocket. The handle is wrapped in electrical tape that has worn out from use. He holds it out to the scared girl. "Or I can get you somewhere to stay for a while."

@Viverescribere

Staring at the weapon, she slowly took it from his hand and swallowed hard. This is what her life has come to now...having to take weapons in order to defend herself whilst out in the open. She wondered if it was just other Deprived that she would have to fend off...or Purists too. There must be some out there that would attempt to harm the Deprived? Perhaps not through physical contact since they could become infected but there were other ways if hurting someone. Plenty of other ways. Daria swallowed thickly, eyes remaining on the blackjack in hand as she turned it over in her hand briefly, not longer caring of his contact with the weapon caused her Blight to become more serious. "I wouldn't even know where to start looking for a new place to stay...I've never really had to. I suppose my parents have already sold off the apartment I planned on moving into so I can't go there now. It's not like I could pay the rent anymore either." She gave a bitter laugh, raggedly running her fingers through her hair, "Where...where would you suggest I start looking?"

@Arsonwolf

Last edited:
Ray watched her clumsy actions again. She attracted his attention somehow... why, though, he did not know. Perhaps it was her innocence... her determination to help the sick. Maybe it was the fact that, subconsciously, she shared his ambition. Either way, he wished she would join him in his investigation against Bluecorp.

"Wait..." He said, but it was too late. She ran off quickly, leaving him puzzled. He placed his hands inside his pockets and slowly followed her.
Where did she come from? He wondered. He passed by Bluecorp and paused for a second. The hatred he held in his heart for this company was too nauseating for anyone to handle. He furrowed his eyebrows and continued walking.

Reaching the hidden tree, he stopped moving. He hid behind what seemed to him like an old cabin, a shack, and observed as she crawled into the hole. What in the world? He walked up to the mysterious tree and dug through the soil she had closed the hole with.

He heard a thud, and a squeal. "Are you okay?" He said from his end of the hole. He did not wish to frighten her, but it was only natural to be worried.
@Teomessos

"Well, if you've lived here for four years, it must've been spent mostly in that room of yours, eh?" She chuckled at how out of shape the girl seemed, along with her comment.

"I'm not walking fast. And whatt do you think I am, a superhero? I was enjoying the silence before this thug over here started shouting to the whole neighborhood. Besides, I pity the ones who've lost themselves and just skulk around like zombies." She stopped walking to face the new voice that, she guessed anyways, was talking to her.

She raised an eyebrow at the boy who questioned about her occupation. "No. I collect no one's debts. These are hard enough times as it is. Is there something else I can help you with?" She asked, sort of blankly, though she was curious.

When he looked into the hole, he would find the girl sitting at the bottom of it; meaning that he would be face to face with her if her were to lean in. The hole she dug wasn't too complicated, as it literally went from the surface of where the purists were to the wall of the blighted. She made sure that the hole was somewhere where it could be hidden easily, without going through the hassle of trying hard to avert people from it.

She didn't really hear the male asking her to wait, as she was too much in a hurry. Unfortunately, rain had gotten the hole somewhat soggy, so it was like mud. It was easier getting down, but it was much harder trying to get up. "E-- Oh, it's just you." She was close to squealing again, from being surprised, but she was able to stop herself beforehand. Worse case scenario, she'd have to hurt someone with her parasol, and that wasn't good.

She looked up at the male, smiling nervously. "Yeah.. I'm fine!" Came her cheerful reply. She looked back up to the top of the hole, and it didn't appear be too far for her. The hole was just large enough for her to put both hands and legs to the walls, pushing herself up. But this time, since it was somewhat soggy, it was harder for her.

@Peter Crimsonblood

She furrowed her brow at Kai's comment "Hmph. you're only making assumptions, of course I've been out of my room. I have to. I have a life to live. Even if it might be incredibly short." Kleo quickened her pace. Her sneakers were scuffed and blackened by the dirt on the ground, glass crunched under her feet and Kleo could see the smog lessen ever so slightly as they headed down the alleyway. It would lead to the town soon and Kleo planned to steer clear from the Pures.

Kleo glanced at the doors of different shapes that ran down the alleyway with it's graffiti-ed walls and torn posters. Kleo could not read the words but she liked the colors and the patterns. The swirls and dots and jagged lines. She was momentarily distracted by the art and stopped to run her fingers along the lines of color, the flecks of dried paint peeled off and smudged on her skin.
She did not understand why people graffiti-ed the walls. Was it for entertainment? to convey a message? If only she knew how to decipher the letters. It was all a muddled mess to her, a puddle of scribbles and scrawls. She sighed inwardly and turned her attention back to Kai.

barcelona_alleyway_sunrise_by_atomhawk-d3be3u8.jpg

"Pity them? How could you. Soon, the whole of Kenton Island will be engulfed by the Blighted. It's unavoidable. There is no cure." she rolled her eyes and stopped in her tracks as Kai turned to reply to the boy's question.

Reactions: Uchiha Obito
Ray poked his head into the hole and looked around. It was damp, moist and disgusting. Despite living in this area for a long time, Ray realized that this hole must have escaped his eyesight for years. Where does the other end go? He wondered.

"How long have you known about this hole?" He squeezed his body into the narrow frame of the hole and reached his hand out to her.
@Teomessos

She was somewhat silent when he asked about the hole, and she appeared as though she hesitated to speak. She was sitting in the hole was well, and it was clear that what would appear to be high quality clothing, had gotten dirty by getting through this hole. When she first started going down the hole, she was hesitant and she was afraid of getting dirty; like most purists. However, going up and down multiple times, she had gotten used to it. Though, many people didn't know it was her because she usually wore slightly more faded clothing when coming down, and she always wore a hood when visiting.

Now, enough stalling. She looked up at the top of the hole, and let out a soft sigh. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you.." She mumbled, and calmed herself so that she would be able to explain clearly. "I dug this hole, I started digging since I was around... 6 years old. People wouldn't let me go to see the blighted, so I dug this hole to sneak in. The other end leads to an alley way at the surface, where purists live." She explained pointing to the top of the hole. "And I need to get back before my professor gets suspicious."

@Peter Crimsonblood

Ray stared at her, dumbfounded. Her will to help the blighted was even stronger than both his and Alexa's combined. He pulled himself out of the hole, wiped his gloves against the tree and leaned against it, listening to her. Professor? Oh yes, She's a researcher. He zoned out for a moment, thinking. She's infection-free...a purist...a researcher... does not work at Bluecorp. She must be from the purist's side of the city.

"Do you think I will be accepted there?" He pointed his finger to the other side. He wanted to take her to her professor... maybe ask him a few questions and yet, he was still worried. Many of those who carry the curse of the blight have tried to cross to the other side, but received the inevitable fate of being either shunned, humiliated or killed.
@Teomessos

This was certainly a tough decision to make. The reason why she always tried keeping this hole a secret. Thoughts began running through her head, multiple scenarios with more bad outcomes than the good. It's possible that he could follow her, but not only would he be shunned, she would also, and she would lose her privilege to any further research. Also, she didn't want to reveal what she has been doing, not yet. She was forbidden to see the blighted at the age of four for whatever reason, so no one aside from herself, and now him, were aware of the hole connecting the two areas in the first place.

"You could but..." She trailed off. She didn't want to come off as rude or anything, but even with purists, she always lied about doing work and sneaking down here. She was unsure if people would occasionally check in to see if the blighted were in line apparently, but probably not as no purists would dare go down alone in fear of getting infected. She had been going down countless times, and she had so far avoided all known ways of getting blighted due to extended research.

After a long while of thinking, she shook her head. "Society... Is messed up right now. It's like every other 'ism' in the world, but worse. It's like how there used to be sexism, racism, and etc, but on a whole new level. I'd love to bring you out to the surface... But... Not now. If you want to ask something, I can deliver the message." She wasn't saying this because she just didn't want him to be there, she was genuinely thinking this through, and who could blame her? The children who were pure would go to high quality schools while the blighted would stay on the streets, even as children. It was stupid.

@Peter Crimsonblood

"No not really" he smiled at the two girls. They seemed to be ready to leave now. "I am just here for him" he said, pointing his bandaged finger at one of the blighted men lying on the floor. He smiled at the both, then walked over to the man. Leo was swinging his baseball bat around one hand whilst he walked. He grabbed the man by the scruff of the neck and easily tossed him against the wall. It was surprising and almost unnatural, how strong the boy was. The impact with the wall was enough to wake the guy up. He staggered around on his feet, confused about where he was. But he didn't have much time to react before the metal baseball bat collided with his knee. The cracking sound echoed around the ally.

"I've come to collect" Leo informed. But gave no time for the man to reply before he slammed the bat into his other knee. Leo acted like the girls weren't there anymore. He was focused only on the man. After a few minutes of continuous hits to the knee, there was no way he could walk. He was a blubbering mess on the floor at this point. Tears streamed down the grown mans face. Leo rummaged through the mans pockets. There was only just enough money on him, and his buddies, to cover the dept he owned. "The Boss sends his regards" Leo almost chanted happily as he hit the man one last time in the head.

The boy shoved the money in his pocket, wiped the blood of his metal baseball bat. He then began to walk away, he acted like nothing had just happened.

Her answer was of no surprise to him at all. In fact, it was the only logical answer any sane person would give. He was kidding himself for thinking he had a chance on the surface, considering his condition. Humanity cannot exist without dividing its people. It cannot exist when all people are the same, and therefore, at least one layer of society will be discarded.

Ray took out a piece of paper and wrote a note on it. He handed the piece of paper to her and fixed his eye patch. "On this note you will find my phone number and address. If you ever need help, or if you ever change your mind, I'll be ready... I will end this." His eyes suddenly turning serious. He was passionate. He was determined.
@Teomessos

She looked up at Ray, and smiled, placing the paper in a ziplock bag from her somewhat larger bag, and placed it in. "Alright, I'll make sure to contact you if you need anything!~" She chimed. Her smile wavered the moment she heard someone... In agony at the least.

Serenie's ears perked up. Was that... Screaming? The female who looked like she would resembled a three flavoured ice cream shivered at the sounds, covering her ears for a moment, and then let out a soft sigh. She was a medical researcher, so listening to people scream and yell in agony was suppose to be normal, however she could still barely stand the sound. She didn't dare get out of the hole as the man kept yelling from having his knee stabbed, which she was unaware about.

Her ears perked up again, as if trying to trace the sounds of screaming back to the source. She then sniffed the air a bit. It was faint, considering she was in a hole in the wall and the air down there wasn't the freshest, but she could pick up the faint scent of blood. With that, she quickly rushed out of the hole, looking back at Ray and bowing again, and rushing off to do what she did best; treat an injured person. On the way, she went to the side of the abandoned shack, digging up a small area. She did it hastily, as if not to waste any time. She she found it, she pulled it out, revealing to be a medical kit, and another box unknown of it's contents.

Rushing over to where she found a man, laying in a pool of blood, she rushed over and kneeled down just in front of the blood. The amount of it was insane.. She grabbed the other case, opened it up with a passcode, and quickly put it on over her own clothing. It was completely sterile, and it was one of those 'one size fit all' things as it would wrap around her body. Any germs, or in this case, blood, would go on the suit, however it would come off just as quickly as it came on. This suit allowed her to treat the blighted without risk of getting an infection. She bought it especially for these occasions.

His knee and his head were wounded badly. His head wasn't wounded as badly, but his knee was practically broken. The man wasn't moving, but he was alive at the very least. Well, barely alive. She pulled the medical kit out first, and with a push of the button, the kit opened up and there was an entire stand full of medical oils, bandages, casts and even a small x-ray. She grabbed the x-ray first, holding it over the man's knee so that she would have an idea of what happened. The bone was horrible, practically almost breaking out of the skin and there were cracks in it as well.

"With the amount of blood he is losing..." This was better at least, as the male was not moving. She raised the leg and placed it on her lap whilst wearing the suit, or more like she raised the knee slowly without changing the position it were in. "How did I do this again..?" She mumbled. She had performed many medical procedures in the past, but she rarely had to treat severe fractures in the joints.

@Peter Crimsonblood @parkpyro

He chuckles a bit. "Lucky for you I own an apartment building out here. Allow me to introduce myself." He gives a big, dramatic bow "Aleron Staig at your service. I have an empty apartment in my building that needs filling"

Ray was not startled by the sudden screams of agony that echoed through the air. He was used to that. After all, he was homeless and often rummaged through the slums for food and warm clothing. His apparel was average to say the least. He wore a ragged leather jacket and a pair of old jeans. His eyepatch was the most noticeable part about him... perhaps not too noticeable, for it had a special ability known to no one but Ray. It could detect whether or not a person is infected, and locate the place of infection if indeed, the person is infected.

Ray bowed back to the odd looking girl and turned around. He walked back to the alleyway where he had found the mysterious man and woman earlier. Upon reaching it, he sat down on the ground and hugged his knees. All this was throwing a big burden on his back. "I will do it for you... for you, Alexa." He muttered, tears running down his cheeks from underneath his eyepatch.

Suddenly, Ray heard footsteps... an argument. He turned his head to the source and saw two females walking down the stairs leading to the alleyway. He perked up his head and looked past them... a man was walking away from the scene. He could hear groans and faint moans. He stood to his feet and walked past the two arguing girls.

To his surprise, Serenine was there, nursing what looked to him like a terribly injured man. He ran towards them and kneeled down next to Serenine, scanning the injured man's body. "Will he be all right?"
@Teomessos

@Zella Celeste

Serenie was honestly trying what she could, but she couldn't recall too much of the treatment. In anycase, she had to slowly place the bone back inti it's original position. Grabbing small goggles from a rack, she placed them on and started scanning the man. Modern technology had been enhanced, and so she could see a lot with these goggles on. Although, she set it to bones. She would slowly move the knee in different ways, careful not to make it worse, and stopped. Finally, she grabbed what would look like materials for a cast, and began wrapping a large bandage around expertly.

It was tight, but the knee would be able to breath. She had also wrapped it around with this hard material, thus it would not be moved. He would be unable to bend his knee for the next few months, but it was just his knee. The bleeding had stopped, due to being clotted and absorbed by the bandages.

His head was whacked, however it wasn't as severe and didn't need far too much treatment.. However it wouldn't be good if it were a concussion. If this were a hospital, it would be much easier for her, but it isn't. She put a mask over the man's mouth and nose, and started a machine that was attached to a seperate pole. She began typing in numbers, and the machine would do it's work. The mask was attached to a bag of sterile air from the university; and she may or may not have stolen it.

"That should do the trick..." She let out a soft sigh of relief, getting up. Though blood was still on the ground, the suit had made all the blood drip off instead of staying on. "He'll live." She concluded, smiling as she backed from the pool of blood, and pulled the pole containing the air pump and forcing it into the ground, just so that it would stay there until he woke up.

After moving away, she took off the suit and looked at it for a little, making sure it were still sterile. After confirming, she folded it with her gloves and placed it back into a seperate box, closing it with the code and closing the forst aid kit as well.

@Peter Crimsonblood

"An empty apartment building? How coincidental..." She murmured, watching him with a mixture of caution and suspicion. She didn't want to believe her luck considering how shabby it has been so far...shabby putting it lightly to say the least. "And...how much do you want for this apartment? I'm afraid...I'm afraid that there's only so much I can give you for a first month rent. I have no job and my family have inly goven me bare hundreds to survive off...I wouldn' t be able to provide you with rent evety month, Mister Staig."

"It's not empty. Some junkies live there. But I don't charge them anything, nor will I charge you." He talks like a salesman. He sticks his hand out for a hand shake "what do you say?"

Status
Not open for further replies.