5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
It was dark and the streets were mostly empty. Not too many people were out wandering the streets and it was particularly wise. Revan was one of the few that did walk the streets, standing straight with his hands clasped behind his back. His dark red eyes scanned left and right, searching for a suitable target for him to...'apprehend'. He needed to bring someone back with him, and no one who seemed as if they would carry any filthy diseases.

So far however, all his eyes came across were those he'd rather not...take from...and it was becoming tiresome. The pool of worthy candidates in this place were getting smaller and smaller.

One of the few wandering outside was Nora. Well, truthfully she wasn't wandering. Wandering was a stupid pastime at night and only idiots or drunk people indulged in that. The twenty-one-year-old was actually searching for a good and safe place to bed down for the night, not wanting to meet up with any weirdos of the night, human and non-humans included. She kept to most of the lighted areas, quickly looking here and there as she tried to find a shed or maybe just a building with an unlocked door. It wasn't like she would go in and steal anything.

Revan had nearly given up hope on finding a single soul before his eyes settled on the woman across the street. The first thing he noted was the way she looked around. It seemed she was of the paranoid sort, still though...she seemed the best he was going to find tonight. He didn't waste any time or hesitate to cross the road, heading towards the woman before coughing to clear his throat. "Excuse me," He greeted her. His voice was deep and eerily monotone, neither polite nor rude.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before, so I assume you're traveling." Revan continued to speak. His eyes did a quick once over, looking for any sign of...well...anything. Sicknesses, diseases, wounds...he didn't see anything to make him too wary. And it seemed she was alone as well.

Well that's awesome now, Nora thought in a very not happy way when she noticed a man coming over her way. He didn't exactly look like the pervert creeper type, but you never did know, did you? She had half a mind to kick him where the sun didn't shine as a greeting, but then he could very well take her to the police for assaulting him.

"Yeah, I'm travelling," she told him, slipping a hand into her pocket in an oh so casual way. Her fingers gripped around a pocket knife; she really needed to upgrade. "What's it to you? I don't want to seem rude but it's late and all."​

@SkittlesAndSpike

Revan looked at her silently for a moment, as if he were judging her before he spoke again. She seemed...tense, and he didn't want to potentially ruin anything. "It just seems that, you being a traveler, would need a place to stay." He told her. "I understand the oddity of a stranger offering you sanctuary," He let the word hang before he started again, "But it's not of complete benevolence. I need help myself."

The vampire looked her into the eyes a moment. "I can give you a comfortable and safe place to spend the night, even a nice meal. In return...I'd need your assistance. This town does not have any good hotels or the like for you to rest in. My home would be much
more better than staying anywhere with such rowdy people."

Nora stared at the fellow. His voice was so... well it was hard to place it. It wasn't really friendly but it didn't seem deceptive either. He didn't seem like the kind of person who would do a 180 and end up taking her to some brothel. If they even had those here... which they might, seeing the way he was describing the place. The truth was, she needed a place to stay or else she would end up getting caught by a nasty.

"Well, I suppose I do have some money I can give you in return," she said, voice a little grudging. "Not too much, like fifty dollars maximum. Is that enough?" She looked up at him, grey eyes scrutinizing. Grey eyes that had dark circles around them, betraying that she hadn't slept well in ages.

Revan raised his hand up, "Don't worry, you can keep your money," He told her before motioning down the street, "My home is this way. I thank you for your assistance, and I will make sure that you get the rest and recuperation you need." He looked at her one more time, as if to confirm his own statement before he started walking. "And I do want you to know that you will be completely safe, more so with me than anywhere else." He added, glancing back at her.

Nora was slightly curious but mostly cautious. She did nod and started to follow after him, hand still in pocket as she listened to the words he was speaking. What kind of assistance did he want? Now that she thought of it, he didn't look like he needed money. He didn't look like the pervert type either... and he was offering safety. Her eyes widened a little before returning to normal, seeing that he was looking back at her. Was he someone like from that nasty movie about grey shades? Well... she'd just have to say know, shackle him up with his own cuffs, and skedaddle.

"Alright," she said aloud, none of her crazy thoughts coming through onto her lips.

Revan looked back ahead, continuing his walk. Only after a few minutes did they happen upon a rather large house, the lights on in a couple of rooms as evidenced by the windows. The man stepped up to the door and unlocked it, opening it and motioning for her to enter. "Please, step inside." He told her. "Do not worry about removing your shoes, at least not yet. There isn't much carpet down here."

His words were true. There was no carpet in nearly the entire downstairs area, just one rug to wipe shoes on before entering. The house's temperature was kept at a perfect temperature, not too hot and not too cold. And it was oddly clean, almost like most of it was unused. The rooms that weren't lit were either completely dark or dimmed.

Nora stared up at the house. Well, it was big, bigger than any house she had ever been in, that was for sure. She wondered if it was fancy inside. She hoped not too much, because then she might be tempted to steal a few things here and there.

She nodded as she entered, a little hesitant as she looked around, almost seeming like a cat in a new house. It seemed like a normal enough house, a normal grand sort of house. It looked quite clean, so she suspected either he was the only one who lived here or he had some made who fixed the place up.

"First things first, let's get you something to eat," Revan told her, heading off towards the kitchen, "I'm sure you're feeling hungry." He stepped inside and clapped his hands twice, the lights flicking on. "There is a stew I can warm up for you, it was made tonight." He told Nora, opening the refrigerator and taking out the pot of stew. "Still slightly warm...after this I will show you your quarters and then what I need your help with for the night."

He took a decent sized bowl from the cabinets, settling it down and ladling some of the stew into the bowl before placing it into the microwave. He wanted her to eat up before she either denied or performed his request...hopefully she wouldn't deny it.

Something to eat sounded rather wonderful to Nora, and she nodded, following after the fellow. Hm... She, of course, noticed the lights turning on from clapping. No, her house certainly hadn't had any of those. Her eyes however quickly moved to the stew, and the sight of food caused her stomach to grumble softly, but embarrassingly. She nodded to what he was saying, though she wished he'd just come outright and tell her what he needed help for.

Instead, however, she simply watched the bowl of stew enter the microwave. "You live here alone?" she wondered aloud. It seemed a house made for more than one two. Maybe he had a vacationing wife and litter of children.

Revan turned from the microwave to face her. He had heard the grumble of her stomach but he didn't say anything. Instead, he answered her question. "I don't. I live here with my daughter. It is just the two of us here. Occasionally we do have visitors though." He told her before hearing the beep of the microwave. He opened the door and removed the bowl, ignoring how hot it was as he settled it on the counter. "I do hope you enjoy the taste of the stew." He told her, handing her a spoon and pushing the bowl towards her.

"In any case, my daughter is actually the reason I need your assistance." He told her, leaning slightly on the counter. "I'm in a bit of a tight spot at the moment. Due to some...grueling circumstances, I wasn't able to fetch someone in time. And I didn't want to pull from anyone who seemed...unhealthy,"

A daughter? In this deadish sort of house? Well, granted it was night time, so it made sense that the daughter was sleeping after all. She suddenly felt a little better about the whole thing. Help for a girl wasn't too bad a deal. Maybe he needed a tutor? Nah, that didn't make sense. She reached for the bowl and immediately started eating, ravenously at first but slowing down a little after a few bites.

"Well... I doubt I'm unhealthy," Nora replied. She wasn't the best specimen around health wise, but that was only from lack of food and sleep. "So I guess she's sleeping right now though?"​

"She is asleep at the moment, yes." Revan nodded his head, confirming her question. "She won't be for too long though." So far she seemed onboard...and looked as if she was getting her first meal in a long time, what with the way she was eating. Now he just had to find out how to break it to her completely...or maybe he wouldn't have too...? "You will get to meet her soon, when you're finished eating...which seems like it will also be soon." He said, peering into the bowl.

Nora blinked a little at that. She wouldn't be for long? The girl seemed to have a weird sleep cycle, seeing most people were going to sleep right now rather than waking up. However, maybe she had some sort of test or exam she had to study for? That would make a lot of sense... maybe.

She nodded, spoon in her mouth before pulling it out and, chewing and swallowing. "Eh... yeah, been a day since I ate." She realized she might seem like a bit of a pig, but she hardly care about that.

"An entire day, hm..?" Revan's facial expression or tone remained the same it had been the entire time since they'd met. Monotone and almost dull, no hint of anything in his voice, not even sympathy. "I assume that means you're not just a traveler, are you..?" He asked her. She wasn't just a tourist if she hadn't eaten in a day, though he supposed she could have just ran lower on funds than she was prepared for.

Nora had the bowl up to her mouth, drinking up the last of the stew. Her stomach was now feeling quite alright, thankfully. She set the bowl down and scratched at the back of her neck. "Er... well technically I am travelling, so that'd make me a traveler, right?" She didn't want to say she was running away from someone.

Revan took the bowl and placed it into the sink, rinsing it out. "Semantics...it matters not really." He told her, turning off the faucet before he started down the hall and towards the stairs. "Just follow me, she is this way." He told her, hands behind his back once more. He looked straight ahead, silent for now. As they walked he passed a mirror that hung on the wall, though oddly there was no reflection of him in it.

"Hm, yeah, it really doesn't," Nora agreed, mostly because she didn't want to tell him about why she was 'travelling'. She watched the rinsing of the bowl before following after him, heading toward the stairs. "Alrigh-" Her voice kind of stopped in mid word as she had glanced to the mirror as they walked past it. Maybe... maybe it was just dark... or something. Yet she could see herself clearly... She swallowed hard, still following but a little unsure now.

Revan turned and started up the stairs, a bit of haste to his step. "I'm sorry if the emptiness of the house is off-putting, I haven't gotten around to retrieving many items." He told her, heading over to a door and knocking lightly on it. After a few knocks he opened it slowly, flicking on the lights in the room, mostly for Nora. "This is Amaria, my daughter."

Laying in the bed and snoring almost peacefully was a young girl. She looked no older than 16, maybe a year younger or so. Her hair was long and black and she was wearing a nightgown. She looked similar to her father in features.

"It's not really," Nora replied as she followed. What was off-putting was not seeing her host's reflection in the mirror. Nora shook her head and continued, pausing to wait by the door. She really hoped there would be nothing weird inside. When he turned on the lights, she peeked inside and was rather surprised at what she saw.

"Oh... well, hi I guess..." That was lame, but the girl was sleeping after all. She noticed how Amaria looked a little like Revan. "So, what's the favour exactly?"

Revan turned around to face her, taking his time as he thought out his words carefully. He decided on a blunt approach...out with the truth. "She needs your blood." He told her. "Not all of it, not even a lethal amount of it..but I've had a hard time finding someone for her to feed from." He looked at her closely, judging for her reaction. He wondered how she would react, what she would say. "It's why she's asleep despite being...well...a vampire. She's a bit weak."

"Woah, wait, what?!" Nora stared at Revan and then at the girl, and then back at the adult before backing up a little. "She... she's a vampire?!" She blinked. That was why she didn't see a reflection in the mirror, he had to be one too! Her heart started beating quickly, and her breath came out fast.

"How do I know you or her won't kill me?!" she demanded, pulling out the useless pocket knife. "A vampire killed my parents and is after me! How... how do I know you're not working with him?!"

Revan looked at the pocket knife she had then back to her. "Please, put that away." He told her before a small sigh left him. "If I wanted to kill you, I could have done so a while ago. I also would not have fed you." He explained to her. "Yes I am a vampire, and she is too but neither of us would kill you...unless you leave us with no choice." He motioned to the knife in her pocket. "I'm sorry to hear about your parents, but I assure you I've no relation to any other vampire but my daughter."

Nora was very quiet for a good few minutes before she finally put her knife back into her pocket. She didn't trust vampires at all, who could? She heard all sorts of things, some apparently were telepathic, some could hypnotize!

She mused a moment before speaking. "And... how're you going to take the blood from me? Without biting I hope? Because otherwise, it's unsanitary." She had to try and seem unfazed. Somewhat.

"I'm not sure...knowing how hungry she is, it would be better for me to do it that way," Revan told her honestly. "I would have to have some extracted from you." He had the machines and devices necessary for the procedure. "She might unknowingly drain you dry." He didn't even blink when he said that, moving over to the r closet in the room. After ruffling and rummaging about he pulled out a box that contained the transfusion equipment. " If it's still too high a price I could offer you more." He told her. It wasn't audible in his voice or even visible on his face, even he barely felt it, but he was afraid she would refuse.

ora was quiet for a good while before she looked to him, eyes still a little sleepy looking, but definitely taking in what was happening. "There is something more you can offer me," she said. She had realized that this might actually be a good chance for her to take care of her problems. "I get to lodge here... and you take care of the vampire that's after me, and I'll provide for your daughter's meals. That isn't too bad, right? You keep me alive, I do the same for her."

Revan paused a moment, standing still as he turned over her proposal in his mind. That would make things much easier on both of them. It wasn't like he didn't have the room either. "I suppose that is a fair deal." He told her, nodding his head. "Though I will need details on this vampire...as many as you can give me." He set the box on the foot of his daughter's bed, taking out the parts and pieces and beginning to set the device up. He was slightly worried about taking on the vampire. If all went wrong....well he'd have to make sure it wouldn't go wrong was all.

Nora was certainly pleased that Revan accepted the deal. Now it seemed a little more fair for her to willingly give up her blood to a vampire, of all beings. "Yeah, that won't be a problem," she replied with a slight shrug before looking back to the girl. She seemed... decent enough. Well, technically so did the man. And she guessed she couldn't fault him for wanting to feed his daughter. Sigh... "So... how long is this going to take?"

"Not very long," Revan told her before holding out his hand, "She won't need too much, though you may feel a bit dizzy afterwards." It was part of the reason he'd had her eat before he asked her. That way she could digest the food and get some semblance of energy before they got to this point. "May I see your arm?" He asked, pulling out a disinfecting swab. "This is the best place to take it from."

Nora didn't like the sounds of feeling dizzy afterwards, but she supposed if she looked at it in a certain light, it was like donating blood. Well, rather, being paid to give blood. She just hoped it was worth it in the end.

She let out a breath before pushing up her sleeve and putting her arm forward. Thankfully needles and such didn't make her squeamish.

Revan took her arm into his hand, cleaning the area carefully before he took the needle to the thin tube and steadily pushed it into her arm. It didn't go deep but almost immediately Nora's blood started to flow through the tube and into the plastic bag, slowly filling it. "IT'll only need...tell me when you start to feel lightheaded or weak." He told her.

Amaria rolled over in her sleep, though her nose wriggled and the sound of light sniffing could be heard from her.

Nora raised an eyebrow before nodding, watching the blood flowing through the tube. She wasn't squeamish, but she didn't think blood looked pretty or anything. It was meant to stay inside of her, right? So that's where she liked it unless it was for donating. Which this was. Sort of anyway.

She looked over at Amaria rolling in her sleep. Hm... "Where's her mother?" she asked abruptly.​

Revan looked from the bag of blood to Nora, "She's not here." He answered her. It was honest, she really wasn't here...but he was also perfectly avoiding the topic. "I've been taking care of her for many years now." He looked over to the sleeping girl. "Since she was little, till she won't need me anymore." Even though a small part of him hoped that day wouldn't come.

"Hm... is that so," Nora replied, not really sounding very concerned about it. She wondered why it was so, but then again, maybe she died. Or they divorced. People divorced all the time these days, it was the latest fad. "Well... looks like you took really good care of her." Hm, well, at least he seemed to have been a good father.

"I do my best, I try to make sure she gets to feed and experience the world." Revan told her, removing the tube from her arm slowly before patching the area up with...a band-aid! "As you can probably guess, I'm one of the few who know that feeding doesn't mean you have to kill, and one of the even fewer that do care." He explained to her, taking the bag of blood and cutting a small slit at the end with some scissors from the kit.

He sat down on the bed next to Amaria and raised her head slowly, holding the bag under her nose. The young vampire sniffed before the bag met her lips and she started to drink. "I'm teaching her too, but it can be difficult."

Nora looked at the band-aid on her arm. Well, well, at least the guy knew a good brand and not those cheap brands. "Well, I guess I should be glad for that. The last one I met... hm. Well, I'll tell you all about him later." She was feeling woozy now, so she found a chair to sit in, holding a hand to her head as she looked to the girl.

"Well... as long as she knows we're not just... disposable blood containers," Nora replied.

"Well, she is naturally a sweet girl," Revan told her, keeping his eyes on his daughter. Once the bag was drained halfway he removed it from her mouth, sealing it once more, "So I doubt she'll actually look at anyone like that." He laid her back into the bed, even though it seemed she was now awake, licking her lips. "I'll go store this and prepare your room." He told Nora, standing up and heading out the door.

Amaria had to admit, she felt a lot better now that she had some blood in her. She couldn't understand how her dad could go so long without it but to each their own, right? She closed her eyes, about to go to sleep before one opened and peeked at Nora.

You're her father though, Nora thought in her head as she watched him leave. Who wanted to think of their precious little girl as a bloodsucking monster? No one, she'd bet. She looked to the bandaid on her arm before letting out a long and soft sigh. Her eyes fluttered momentarily, ready to fall asleep. Nope... not yet. She forced them opened and looked back at the girl, noticing that her one eye was open. She raised an eyebrow; was the girl simply pretending to sleep?

Amaria didn't notice she was looking back at her at first. The moment she did she shut her other eye again before opening both a moment later. "..Hi." She greeted Nora, giving an awkward wave with her hand. "How are...you?" She asked slowly. It was awkward, here she was just getting fed and waking to find a stranger in her room of all places.

"I'm fine," Nora replied. She could tell there was an awkwardness to the girl. Maybe it was because she woke up to find a random girl in her room. "Ah... don't worry, I'm not going to suck your blood or anything." An attempt at a dry joke. She wondered if it would be appreciated, though at the moment she was simply too dizzy to worry too much about it.

Amaria cracked a small grin at that and she seemed slightly less nervous. Even though most of it was in part to her misunderstanding the joke. "Ohh...you're a vampire as well? One of Father's friends I'm guessing." She didn't think he had any friends..! Except for the one who stopped by every now and then. "I just didn't expect to see a stranger when I woke up was all...! I'm Amaria." She introduced herself.

Nora blinked before quickly shaking her head. "Oh no, I'm no vampire," she told her rather bluntly. "I'm a human... Nora Rayn." She wasn't too sure if this girl had ever met another human. Well, she supposed her skin was pale enough to pass off as a vampire. "Nice name by the way."​

"Oh you're human...!" Amaria facepalmed a bit, her face resting in her hand. "Ah...sorry for the confusion..!" She hoped she didn't come off as stupid because of that. "Thank you, your name is nice as well." She gave a sheepish smile. "Ah...Nora is short for Honor...right..?" She asked, hoping she got it right.

"It's alright," Nora assured her. She wasn't offended or anything much, she just didn't want to mislead the girl. "That was my blood you were drinking." She thought a moment. "Uh... I don't know... is it? I never thought about it to be honest." Well, there was something new!

"Ohh okay, that does make sense." Amaria chuckled some, rubbing the back of her neck before she gave a small nod. "Ah...thank you, for feeding me." She told her before nodding her head. "IT is, it's latin actually..! I think it is, anyway." She said, sounding kind of doubtful. "Ah, but it's definitely honorable..!"

"No problem, though your dad is going to pay me," Nora replied, once more making sure the girl knew important information. "Oh... I never knew that, interesting to know." She hadn't ever thought of the background behind her name. "So... you stay in the house all the time?"

"Oh right, I guessed that." Amaryllis nodded her head. It just made sense, who would willingly give away their blood? Well at least to a vampire anyway. "Not all the time, I go out here and there....never too far though. For the most part, just in the backyard garden." She told Nora. Her father had made it clear he didn't like the thought of her being out there without him to protect her. "The furthest I've ever gone was down the block though."

Nora blinked at the girl, scratching under her jawbone for a moment. For a vampire... this girl was very protected. It made her wonder why. Her mother couldn't be that bad, could he? "You don't mind? I mean, being stuck in such a close proximity to your house? Don't you want to go out some?"

"I do wish I could go outside more...go further but I don't think that my father would really like that." Amaria told her rather sheepishly. "I don't want to upset him." Even if he never showed it she could generally tell when he was upset, most people couldn't, but she could...sometimes. "Unless he's with me."

Nora wondered if Ravan was just overprotective or maybe controlling. Maybe both? Then again, perhaps Amaria used to get in way too much trouble? Oh, stop judging. Nora didn't want to go down that path, or she would end up having a way too long discussion with her own mind. "Well... I suppose if you're fine with it. And you're getting fed, obviously. So, what do you do then during the day? Or night?"

"Mmhm, that's the important thing, that I'm getting fed." Amaria nodded her head. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to even start this conversation with the woman before her. Even if it was just for payment, she was grateful that she got fed. "Either or, I don't normally need sleep. But I find ways to preoccupy myself..." She trailed. In other words, her life here was pretty...boring. "Sometimes company does come over, and that helps me be less bored."

Listening to Amaria, Nora had to admit she felt sad for the girl. it couldn't be fun, being all cooped up and staying in one place with no one to talk to. "Well... seems like we're going to be seeing a lot of each other," she said, giving the girl a small smile. "So.. yeah, I suppose we have to hang out and stuff."​

"Really?" Amaria couldn't help the huge grin that was growing onto her face. "That would be awesome..!" The more company the better, right? A plus one was awesome in her opinion. The girl didn't bother trying to hide how that pleased her. "I-"

Before she could speak, Revan spoke, having just entered the room. "Your bedroom is ready." He told Nora before looking to
Amaria. "I'm glad to see you up and full of life." He told her with a small nod. Still no smile or anything, in fact even by his tone you wouldn't be able to tell he was actually pleased.

Nora stared at Revan for a moment before she looked to Amaria. Where the heck was the smile? Where was the pleasantries? Robots had more emotion than this fellow, yet he was so willing for his daughter. How the hell did he even make a daughter, Nora's cynical part wondered.

"Thanks," she said to him before looking to Amaria. "I'll see you tomorrow then, kid."

Amaria nodded her head enthusiastically, "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow!" The girl smiled. Maybe she would have a friend she saw more than once a month now! That was something she couldn't wait to enjoy...tomorrow!

Revan looked to Nora, then Amaria before he stepped outside of the room. He didn't know what his daughter would do now that she was strong but he would keep an eye out, on both of them. "Enjoy the night, have a good rest." He told Nora.

Nora nodded and waved to Amaria before following after Revan. She had to admit the girl was cute and very friend, like the complete opposite of her father. She couldn't say anything about him though, seeing he was providing her with a room to stay in.

For my blood, she reminded herself. "Er, thanks," she replied before turning and heading for her bed. She was ready to sleep.

"Please. Do stay in your bedroom during the night until further notice." Revan advised her, though his drab tone made it sound more like he was commanding her. "It is for your own safety, as well as others." He often had company over during the night and he didn't want them to see the human here. Not for his reputation but for her sake. Not all of his company was very nice. "Enjoy your sleep."

"Hm, alright." Nora nodded, not really liking his tone, though she knew it didn't really make a difference to say so. She stepped into the room and gave a slight nod in Revan's direction before shutting the door. She was tired anyway; she doubted she'd want to go out at all. Well, maybe to pee... or she'd just hold it in until morning.

Revan let out a small sigh, standing silently for a moment before he retreated down the hall and to the living room. It would only be an hour or two before his guest arrived. So till then he would sit and wait for them. Settling down in his chair he began to relax himself, closing his eyes as he sat.

Nora meanwhile made her way to the bed. She kicked off her shoes, pulled off her clothes until she was only in her underclothes. She rubbed the back of her shoulders before letting out a sigh. "Night," she muttered to the walls before slipping under the covers. It wasn't long before she fell asleep.

Amaria-Anna was out of bed pretty early, in fact really early for her. Normally she was up and at em' as the sun was beginning to set but today it was between the morning and afternoon. She stood up from her bed and slipped into her slippers before peeking her head out of her room and stepping aside. "Good morning..?" She called out, somewhat timidly.

She was pretty sure her father was here, but was the woman still here? She didn't quite remember what had happened too well and just assumed it to be a dream.

Nora had slept in, actually. She had been more tired than she had let on. She hadn't been in a bed for a long time, and this one had been incredibly comfortable. By the time she woke up, it was almost noon. She would have probably gone back to sleep had she not heard the call of good morning. She was confused for a good moment, sitting up in her bed and rubbing her eyes.​

It was a rude thing to do and maybe even a bad idea but Amaria-Anna did it anyway. As quiet as could be she started to open the door to Nora's room slowly but surely, though it creaked as she did so. She panicked a bit when she heard the door but paused for just a moment, peeking through the somewhat opened door. When she saw Nora sitting up she let out a small sigh. So she wasn't alone...! Awesome!

"Wah!" Nora's eyes widened when she realized that someone was peeking at her! She hastily pulled the blanket up to her shoulders, peering from over it toward the door. Her grey eyes were not squinting as she tried to see who was there. "Who is it?"

"Err...uh...no one..." Amaria said quickly and quietly. But then she realized how dumb that was, shaking her head at herself in disappointment. "Uh...Me...Amaria.." She told her truthfully and sheepishly. "I was just making sure I wasn't the only one in the house was all." She assured Nora.

Nora raised an eyebrow, hearing the denial. She was wholly glad when she heard Amaria reply with her own name the next time. "Come in then," she called, grabbing her shirt and pants and pulling them under the blanket. She quickly pulled them on in a rather uncomfortable fashion.

Amaria took a breath of air before opening the door and walking into the room. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you or anything." She apologized to Nora. "I just didn't know if you were still here and my curiosity got the better of me." She explained herself. "Not a lot of people in the day here and all."

"Hey, it's cool, I just didn't realize there was anyone around I guess." Nora scratched at her tangled auburn hair before pushing the blanket off of herself and standing up. She gave the girl a small smile before turning to fix the bed. "I guess there wouldn't be, seeing you and your dad are vampires. He told me not to leave the room at night. Hm. He entertains a lot?"

"Ah just me, papa's most likely asleep." Amaria told her with a small chuckle. "Stereotypical vampire and all, ya know?" She twiddled her thumbs some. "I usually sleep a bit earlier and wake up a bit earlier." She didn't have the same internal clock as her father, weirdly enough. "He does, usually. Lotsa people come over..! Not all of them are vampires though. Most of them are nice enough."

"Oh right, nocturnal." Nora actually didn't have a clue as to what time it was, and she wasn't about to peek out of a window. Vampires burned in the sun, right? Or sparkled. She wrinkled her nose at the thought before giving Amaria a small smile. "Well... I guess you can show me the rest of the house, and where I can eat." She finger combed her hair as she walked over to where the younger girl stood. "Hm. Your dad doesn't really seem like a social butterfly."

"Uh, he kind of isn't." Amaria told her, trying to think of a good way to word the answer. "But he does have friends..? I think." She shrugged her shoulders before nodding her head. "Ah, the kitchen..! This way!" She told her, heading towards the stairs. "That's where all the other food is." She explained to her. "Not for us, though I do like the taste of it sometimes." She could eat it but it didn't do her any good really.

"Well I guess to each their own cup of tea," Nora muttered under her breath. She had never been much into making friends and entertaining, so she didn't get how others could. Her parents had been much more social as greengrocers. She followed after Amaria, smirking slightly as she listened to the girl talk. What an opposite to her father. "So like... food tastes like food to you then."​

"Yeah it does, I dunno about Papa but it doesn't taste like ash to me," Amaria told her with a grin. She walked into the kitchen and opened the cabinets, looking through it. "Uhm, what ya wanna eat? I can make you eggs or cereal or something!" She offered her. "Oh, and maybe coffee? If you drink coffee that is!" She turned to Nora, pushing her glasses up some on her nose.

"Not coffee," Nora replied as she followed after Amaria, leaning against a cupboard. "Hm..." She thought about it for a moment before nodding. "How about cereal?" It wouldn't take long like eggs, and she quite liked the taste as well.

"Okay, ccereal...!" Amaria nodded before she opened one of the cabinets. "Cold cereal right?" She asked, reaching up on her toes to grab a box of it. "We don't have all that much though!' She warned Amaria. "But it is fresh, really fresh!" She told Nora with a grin. She didn't want her to think it was stale or anything. She sat the box on the counter after finally edging it down.

"Yeah, please, nothing worse than warm mushy cereal." Nora wasn't worried about offending Amaria with that. After all, it wasn't like the young vampire needed food to survive. Well, Nora didn't need cold cereal to survive either, but it was a perk. "Sounds good, show me what you got."

Well, we got this stuff..!" Amaria showed her the first box. It looked so plain that it hurt. "And this one, one of papa's friend's favorite." She told her, showing her one really, really sugary looking cereal. "These are the choices!" She grinned. She didn't eat it often so she didn't realize how extreme the two were.

So basically tree bark equivalent and diabetes in a box, Nora thought to herself as she looked at the two kinds of cereal. She let out a small breath before nodding and pointing to the sugary looking cereal. Might as well have something that tasted good. "I'll have that, please," she told Amaria.

"Okeedokee!" Amaria nodded her head and quickly opened the box, dumping some cereal into the bowl before she hurried over to the fridge, opening it to fish out a gallon of milk. She poured the milk into the bowl before scooting it towards Nora, spoon and all. "Here you go!"

The vampire girl took a seat on a stool now. She had a plethora of questions and just....wanted to talk. To someone, it was part of her over eagerness after all.

"Thanks," Nora told Amaria with a little grin. She found the teenage vampire somewhat amusing and cute. She took the bowl in a hand, grabbing the spoon with the other. It wasn't long before she was chewing the cereal. It was sweet but filling, that was for sure. "Hm, hope your dad's friend won't mind his breakfast being eaten by me."

"Hmm.." Amaria had to think about that one. "I'm sure he won't mind! He'd probably think I did it anyway." She chuckled, waving her hand some. Now she could ask a question! But if only she could figure out how to get it out right..."Uhm...so where are you from?" She asked Nora a bit awkwardly. "I'm from here." She shared, as if it would help her want to talk. Just in case she didn't!

"So, you snag other people's food, eh?" Nora lifted an eyebrow as she sat herself down on a chair. She did, however, smirk to show it was a joke, thereafter taking a bite of the cereal. She thought of Amaria's question as she chewed and swallowed. It didn't really make a difference, right, who knew where she was from?

"Montreal, Canada," she replied as she grabbed another spoonful of cereal. "I'm from Quebec, yeah." She wasn't a francophone, however, ancestors a mix of Irish and Scottish.​

"Errr...kind of..?" Amaria chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck before shaking her head. "I just..." Then she shook her heada, embarrassed. She didn't realize she was joking at first and she mentally facepalmed herself. "Ahh...good one." She chuckled some.

"Really? Cool! How did you end up so far away though?" Amaria asked her. She didn't think she had it in her to leave home like that.

"Ah..." Nora stuffed her mouth with a spoonful of cereal, giving herself to think about the answer to Amaria's question. She finally swallowed, and as she did, she decided to simply grant her the truth. "A vampire killed my parents and was chasing after me. I had to run, and I've been on the run since then."

Amaria didn't respond at first, waiting for some hint, some clue, some type of sign to see if it was a joke. When she realized it wasn't she looked instantly horrified. "I'm so sorry to hear that." She apologized to Nora, despite that it wasn't her. What else could she say in this situation? She didn't have much expertise in the conversation field as it was. "I'm sure they're in a better place now." Did people say that in books, so it was a good thing, right? It sounded kind of mean to her though.

"Maybe, maybe they're just dead." Nora shrugged a little as she grabbed another spoonful of cereal. She didn't really believe in a heaven or hell anymore. "In any case, I've been on the run for a few years now. I'm hoping one day he'll just stop chasing." But she knew better; hoping didn't do any good.

"I hope he does too..." Amaria told her, looking down at the table for a moment before looking up to her again. "Do you know why he's chasing you...?" Maybe that would help get him off her back? "Do you think you can get him to back off you?"

Nora set the bowl down on the counter, looking a little embarrassed now. "It's really my fault," she muttered. "I fell in love with him, and he used it as a way to get to my parents and then tried to come after me. I haven't a clue why he's after me though. He seems to think I have something. Don't know what though."

"Ohh..." Amaria frowned at that, that was a terrible way to get something. "It wasn't your fault though...not really...he used you." She told her. That's just what she made of it. How was she supposed to know that the vampire wanted to kill her parents? "Well...while you're here, Papa will protect you! No one gets in here without his permission!" She told her confidently.

"Hm, I should've known better." Nora wasn't about to let the guilt leave her. Her parents were dead because she fell for the wrong guy. Half the time she thought to simply stop running... but she knew her parents wouldn't want that at all.

"Your dad did agree to take care of him," she said after a moment. "I'm slightly surprised but..." She shrugged. It was a symbiotic relationship for the time being.

Amaria didn't quite know what to say to that. She didn't even know Nora well enough, so she wasn't comfortable saying much more. "I'm sorry.." She said again. It was the best thing she could think of saying. "He's a nice guy, he really is!" She told her with a smile. "He's just a father first that's all."

"Hey, don't apologize," Nora told Amaria. She sighed inwardly before smiling at the younger vampire. Whatever happened, it wasn't her fault, and there was no need for her to feel sorry about anything. "He's a good father, that much I can tell." He seemed to genuinely care for his daughter, in whatever icy fashion he had.​

Amaria-Anna nodded her head. "He is, and a good person..! I'm pretty sure once he wakes up, he'll be getting to work on getting that guy off your back." She assured Nora with a big smile. She was that confident in her father's abilities. "He'll be up soon, though. He sleeps mostly during the day." Where as she would sleep throughout the morning and wake up closer to the night, her father was almost never up during the day.

Nora couldn't help but smile a little, mostly because Amaria seemed so convinced. "Hm, well, if that's done, I'll be grateful," she admitted, pushing a lock of auburn hair behind her ear. "Hm... speaking of day, what time is it anyway? Can't believe I slept so much..." She looked around for a clock.

"What time is it?" Amaria looked over at the stove top 's clock. It was close to the evening already, almost time for the sun to set. "You did wake up pretty late after all." She told her. She must have been running awhile to be so tired. "You might as well be nocturnal now." She chuckled some.

Nora's grey eyes followed in the direction Amaria was looking. Her eyes widened. "Well, shi-oot." She quickly corrected her cuss word to something clean. "Probably because I haven't slept in a bed that comfortable in months... years." And she figured it was also because she had a considerable amount of blood taken from her. "Hm... maybe. But I'd have to stay in my room then. Your father told me not to leave."

"That's a long time.." Amaria told her, she couldn't imagine not having her bed for years, let alone being on the run. "Oh yeah...because the other people who come visit might not like you..." She mumbled to herself for a second. "You could hang out in my room! I have loads of things in there." She grinned.