"Hm... what kind of people are these?" Nora asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. She was half tempted to stroll out among them during the night... but she didn't have a death wish. "Well, I guess that's a pretty good option. I'll be there anyway, when you have to drink, right?"

"They're a bunch of different things! They're papa's friends." Amaria explained to her. "They all help each other out." They were more like a group that benefited each other in that regard. Whether it be food or money or someone was under attack, they would flock to each other. "They just...aren't too fond of humans." She told her. "Though I don't think Papa would let them hurt ya because of your deal."

She nodded her head. "Yeah, I guess so. I won't have to drink as much this time." She told Nora. She wasn't starving like before, so she didn't feel the need to feed as much.

Amaria's words only intrigued Nora even more. What sort of different things? Was this something like the Monster Mash perhaps? Well, she couldn't really see Ravan jiving or anything like that, but the thought made her smirk. "Well, as long as I'm not looked at like a chew toy, I'll be fine." She nodded in the direction of the girl. "Hm... So if I'm staying here, guess I'll have clothes and personal items?"

"I think you'll be okay, don't worry. They're all pretty nice people!" Amaria told her. She hoped Nora wasn't too scared, the vampire girl personally thought things would be fine if her Papa just introduced her but maybe he was right. Mentally shrugging at the notion she then nodded her head. "I think so, he wouldn't let you wear the same clothes all the time."

"Oh good," Nora replied, giving a small wry chuckle. "Because I really want to take a shower and change before I hide out in your room. Haven't washed up for a couple of days, to be honest." She wasn't afraid to admit it. Sure she didn't smell... yet. Her hair was oily though, and in tangles, and her clothes were wrinkled, the bottom of her jeans and the edges of her sleeves stained.​

"Oh, okay, right!" Amaria nodded her head quickly. "Uhm, the shower is upstairs, its closer to your room than mine!" She told Nora. "While you shower I'll go see if Papa is awake. Then he could get you some stuff." She stood up now, starting back towards the bedrooms. "And be careful! The water gets really hot!" That it did, one of the few things that wasn't cold in the house, Nora being among them.

"Sounds good to me." Nora, despite not wanting to show much emotion, couldn't help smile at the thought of a shower, than too, a hot one. "I'll make sure not to burn, don't worry." She chuckled lightly as she followed after Amaria. Once she did reach the top, she headed for the bathroom, which wasn't too hard to find as she simply headed to the door that was closest to her room.

Amaria-Anna headed to her father's room, knocking three separate times before entering. Her father was still asleep, resting on the bed with his eyes closed peacefully but once she took a step into the room his eyes flew open and he sat up, staring at her. "Amaria..." He spoke her name. "Evening...sorry if I startled you." It was clear that he did, the girl had started to retreat backwards, only pausing after he'd spoken her name. "What is it..?"

"Evening Papa." Amaria greeted with a smile, a sheepish one but a smile nonetheless. She was surprised she woke him up...the floor didn't even creak! Of course she only rarely ever entered his room while he was sleeping. "I didn't mean to wake you up. But Nora is taking a shower and she needs a change of clothes and other items and stuff."

Ravan held up his hand. "Say no more...I shall go retrieve these items.." He told her, standing up and walking over. "Do be careful while I am gone." He didn't think Nora would harm his daughter, that would be a death sentence. But while he was away he wanted to see if he could find any information on the vampire that had been chasing the woman. "And please, don't let anyone in while I'm away." He told her, kissing her forehead before he started towards the door.

Nora meanwhile had jumped into the shower. To say she wasn't happy was an understatement. Even as she simply stood under the spray of water, there was a huge and rather un-Nora like grin on her face. It just felt so good, feeling the water run through her hair. Oh, she was still dirty and smelly, not having used any soap or shampoo yet, but just the feeling was nice. Soon enough, of course, she was scrubbing every inch of her with soap, watching the dirt flow off her body and into the tub. Once that was done, she dumped copious amounts of shampoo in her hands and rubbed it into her hair and scalp.

By the time she was done, Nora felt like a brand new person. The tub was somewhat dirty, but she'd clean it after, she figured. She grabbed a towel that was hanging and wrapped it around herself. Once it was secure, she opened the bathroom door, peeking outside.

Ravan stepped out of the door, stepping aside so that Amaria could step out after him. He closed the door behind her before starting down the hall. His eyes looked towards the slightly ajar bathroom door as he made it to the stairs. "I will return shortly with your clothes. In the mean time it shall be just you and Amaria for awhile. If anyone knocks, please do not let them inside." He said before starting down the stairs, leaving the house shortly.

Nora instinctively moved back a little, not out of fear, rather out of modesty, unsure if she might be seen. "Ah, right, thanks," she called. She was happy to learn she'd have new clothes soon, that was for sure. She waited until she could no longer hear his footsteps before stepping out of the washroom, shivering slightly as the cold air hit her shoulders and bare legs.

Amaria was unsure what to do for the moment. What would Nora do? She was kinda naked right now. After hearing her father lock the door behind himself she rubbed the back of her neck. "Err...he won't be too long, I'm sure. Even though the sun is out..." She crossed her arms, head tilting upwards slightly in thought. "I think...there's something else you can wear while you wait."

Nora looked Amaria's way, smirking slightly when she guessed that the young vampire was probably a little awkward at the moment. She probably would have been too if she wasn't in such a weird situation already. "Yeah, would be kinda nice. Eh, anything should do." She gave Amaria a rare smile.

Amaria nodded her head and turned back to her father's bedroom door, opening it and stepping inside. She looked around a moment before heading to his closet and opening it, stepping inside and fishing around through his things. There were old photos of her father when he was younger, probably before he was turned. It wouldn't be too noticeable, but he had a slight, awkward smile in those pictures. She dug around through bags and cases before she pulled out a rather long red and fluffy robe. "What about this? Will this work?" She called out, stepping from the closet and holding out the robe for Nora to see.

Nora had followed after Amaria, thought she stayed a little behind her, not wanting to embarrass her or be embarrassed herself. She did really want something, feeling cold; since Nora was anemic as is, she did tend to get cold easily. Besides that, she was sure that all the gunk on her had grown a layer so thick that it had been insulation. With that gone, her skin was feeling fresh air for once.

She was surprised to the pictures of Ravan. He looked awkward but normal. She wondered if he smiled like that anymore? Hm. "Looks good to me... wow." She looked up only after she had already agreed to wear it. It looked warm, in any case. "Sure thing."​

"Okeedoke!" Amaria held the robe out to her, face hidden behind it. "I don't think my papa would miss it, I can't imagine him wearing this." She chuckled. "It's probably not for guys anyway, it looks pretty girly." The idea of her father wearing the robe made her laugh a bit, at least inwardly. But then she had a realization. "I don't think I've ever seen Papa dressed differently to be either." Nor was his clothes ever dirty! "He's always dressed the same! Pants, shirt and a vest!"

Nora looked Amaria's way a moment before she took the gown and quickly put it on. It felt slightly weird, wearing someone else's clothes, but it was much better than nothing. Once it was on, she turned around, undid her towel and let it real typo the ground before securing the belt around her waist. There, she thought to herself.

"Maybe he got a whole lot of the same clothes for sale?" She suggested to Amaria as she turned back to face her.

Amaria thought about it for a moment. "Maybe so! He does like routine." Everything was routine for the most part with Revan. The only things that were not a part of his routine were the uncontrollable things, and even then he tried to tackle them the same way. "I couldn't wear the same thing every day, seems boring." She told Nora with a sheepish chuckle. "Not unless I had no other choice." She picked up one of the photos, looking at it.

Routine was something Nora could relate to. Before her life had turned into quite the opposite, life was all about routine. Wake up a certain time, go to school, come back, help with the grocery store, do homework, eat and sleep... and repeat. It had been boring growing up, but now that she thought of it, it was comforting. She could imagine why he may like routine to the point of boredom.

"Sometimes you don't have a choice," Nora pointed out to Amaria. She chewed on her lip a moment before giving her a small smile. "But if the choice is there, I wouldn't mind a little change once in a while. And everyday in clothes." She gave a little chuckle before peering at the picture.

Amaria nodded her head. She supposed she should be grateful for it, though she didn't have the choice too much. "I wouldn't mind some change!" She told Nora, looking at the picture. "Maybe one day soon though, I guess there's at least one change." There was three people in the house instead of the usual two, so it was a start. "I'm gonna ask papa about this picture! I don't know almost anything about him as a kid! Except that he always liked dressing up nice!"

Nora was slightly confused for a moment before she realized what Amaria may have meant. "True, you're all alone in the house, aren't you? Aside from your father." She let out a breath, one tinged with wryness. Wouldn't it be funny if she ended up being the catalyst for something... anything? It didn't have to be epic. "He does look like someone who'd want to be fancy... but not too fancy. Hm. Shame he doesn't seem to smile now."

Amaria nodded her head. "Yeah, it was just the two of us for as long as I can remember! Then his friends will sometimes come over to gang out, I guess." They did come over once a week, and she could hear them laughing at times. Of course, when she came downstairs it looked like they weren't doing anything fun at all though. "His smile is gone...I don't know how he does it!" She told Nora. Heck she couldn't even keep herself from smiling!

"And I hope you never learn." Revan's voice popped up. The Vampire stood in the doorway, ordinary day clothes as well as night clothes draped over his arm. "I've retrieved you some clothes."

Nora flinched at Revan's voice suddenly sounding itself. She was stiff in alarm, though after the flinch, it didn't show much except in her grey eyes. She looked his way and then at the clothes he hand brought. Well, at least I have clothes now, she thought to herself as she gave a nod, relaxing slightly.

"Thanks, I appreciate it," she replied, voice calm. "As nice as this gown is..."

Amaria, on the other hand, did not play it as cool as Nora did. "Whoa!" The girl jumped a bit, looking at her father. "H-hi Papa!" She gave him a skittish grin. "You scared me!" She didn't think he'd be back so fast! "I was just looking for something for her to wear in the meantime and I found that." She explained to him.

"The gown is not mine." Revan told them both, his voice stale as usual. He had just taken notice of the gown, shifting slightly in his stance. "It belonged to someone else...I kept it because...because." He looked over at the photo in her hand, staring at the younger version of him. "Hm. Memories." He said, trying to sound like he was fond of the times in the photo, but it just fell flat, devoid of anything.

Nora looked down at the gown she was wearing. Secretly she was slightly disappointed that it hadn't been his. It would have been nice in her imagination anyway, something to giggle about. She was surprised that he actually replied, but it all sounded so... emotionless. She had always thought of herself as emotionless, but he seemed to take it on a completely different level. It was disconcerting. Was it an effort? Did he actually forget how to show emotion? He clearly did love Amaria.

Stop analyzing people, she scolded herself. "Memories are nice," she contributed before walking over, reaching out to take the clothes. "I'll go change. Thanks again."

Revan handed her both outfits with a nod. "The pleasure is mine." Though from his tone one would think he was either being dry or sarcastic. "Memories are indeed nice." The vampire took the photo from Amaria's hands. "Sometimes." He told Nora, placing the photo back into the closet, closing it. "Perhaps you would like to go into the garden, Amaria? I took the liberty of fetching a few new potted plants for you as well."

"Really?! I have no idea how you move so fast..!" The girl told her father, grinning. Maybe it had to do with the fact that he was a vampire? "Thank you, Papa!" She told him, heading out the room so she could go to the garden.

Was the pleasure really his? She couldn't tell much, to be honest. Then again, it didn't really matter, as long as she had fresh clothes and didn't have to walk around in a rather comfy but much too bright gown. She looked down at the clothes before looking to the vampire. Hm. It was still a little difficult to believe he wasn't going to murder her.

"Well, I'll go change I guess," she muttered after a moment.

Ravan nodded his head. "Perhaps you would also like to look at the garden when you are finished." He suggested to her. He suspected she was still apprehensive around him, especially when it was just the two of them alone. "Do remember our deal, I have no intention of causing you any harm." He tried to assure her, though he was sure he would undoubtedly fail. Still, he would try one last time. "You are protected from harm while you are under my...bat...wing." He tried to deliver a joke.

Nora paused a moment, thinking it over. A vampire's garden... was it safe at all? Who the hell knew? But she hadn't been seduced and bitten during the night, so that was a plus. He didn't seem the seducing type anyway, he looked like he wouldn't know what that was if it danced on the tip of his nose.

"Ah... yeah sure, I haven't forgot him," she replied, trying to assure him in a rather bland tone herself. Wait... "Bat wing... can you transform?"

"I do not think I can." Ravan told her. Of course it didn't land, they never really did. "I was simply trying to make a joke on the idea that vampires can turn themselves into bats." He explained to her. "I was trying to make the joke so that you would laugh, there by feeling less tense in my presence." He explained himself further. "I just did not remember how my jokes come out."

"Oh, a joke? Oh right, that makes sense." Nora felt a little dumb, though it was gone once she realized he was sounding... so... well, it was hard to tell. Emo? That was a word, wasn't it? "No I got the joke." Once more she was trying to sound as if she was assuring someone. "It was funny. Er. I just didn't expect it?" Why was she even trying to make him feel better about it? Well... he tried to joke? "I guess you like the more... er deadpan expression."

"I would not say that I like it." Ravan told her, moving to take a seat on his bed. "It is simply the only expression I know." Well, intimately. He knew the other expressions, he saw them all the time on other people, and though it felt forever and a year ago, he once knew them himself. He just...forgot them was all. He forgot how they felt to feel, how they felt to wear and to wear them genuinely. "In any case, you should change your clothes. In a few moments I will check the town for any sort of disturbances."

Nora was about to say something, but then she simply nodded. "Alright," she replied. "Uh, take care..." It felt weird wishing him to take care of himself when clearly he could. Still... She felt a little sad for him. She didn't know why though.

She headed back to the room that was assigned to her, where she changed her clothes. What disturbances he meant, she couldn't help but wonder.

"I shall, don't worry about me." The vampire told her with a nod. When she left the room he looked at the closet for a moment before leaving his own room as well, closing the door behind him.

Meanwhile, Amaria was outside, looking at the plants she had been given. "Balloon flower..." She read the tag on one of the plants, a purple, star like flower. "I'll start with this one!" She picked up the pot, examining the flower. "Pretty..." She whispered to herself.

It wasn't long before Nora had changed her clothes. Creepily enough, the new clothes fit her quite nicely. She supposed that was a good thing, and the were much better than her old gunk infused clothes. Glad to be feeling clean and not naked, she left her room and carefully made her way down into the unfamiliar house. As it was, she didn't actually go around to see the rest of the house, choosing to exit and head to the garden instead.

"Hey," she called out when she saw Amaria.

Amaria turned to face Nora, holding out the flower towards her. "Look at this one, isn't it pretty?" She asked Nora. "It's called a Balloon Flower apparently!" She really was a fan of the shade of purple. "Oh wait..! This is the garden!" She waved one hand around, motioning to the backyard garden. There were flowers and other plants in rows, her obvious attempt to be decorative with her gardening, and for the most part it worked out! The flowers were arranged as something of a rainbow.

Nora walked over, looking at the flower curiously. "I've never seen it before, but it's really pretty." She reached out and gently touched the flower's petals with a finger. "It looks more like a star than a balloon, if I'm being honest." She then looked around, a slight smirk on her face as she noted the placement of the flowers. "That's a nice arrangement. Did you do it yourself or do you have a gardener?"

"It does! I don't know why it got its name." Amaria observed the plant more closely, trying to find anything that could tell them why it was called a balloon flower. She paused in her 'research' before nodding her head quickly. "I did it mostly by myself! There was a whole bunch of trial and error though!" She admitted sheepishly. There were times when it looked much worse than it did now. "I had to ask papa to help me with the bird bath and stuff." She had only done the planting.

"I think the best ones are the orange flowers." She told Nora, looking at the orange row. "They're the bri-" She paused in her thought, seeing one of her flowers suddenly bend and fall into the stalks of the rest, followed by a second one. "What??" Did she have a pest problem or something?

"Maybe it balloons eventually," Nora told her with amusement. "I know about vegetables for the most part, parents were greengrocers." The young vampire seemed proud of herself, which she guessed that she deserved. The flowers were in an orderly fashion, a rainbow one.

She was still looking at the balloon flower when she heard Amaria's exclamation. "What's the matter?"

"Maybe so, that would be pretty...swell." Amaria told her with a giggle, "I just hope they're not full of...hot air." She really felt she was on a roll with her jokes, she just hoped that Nora got them, and maybe even liked them! "Ah, puns aside, my flowers are disappearing!" She pointed at two spots where the flowers were missing. Some of the flowers started to bend over, something moving them.

Nora shook her head a little at the pun, though she smirked, appreciating the pun. Her grey eyes were on the flowers, however, eyebrow lifting as she watched the bending flowers. "Huh, seems like there may be some sort of critter in there," she muttered. "Let's go see."

"Alright.." The vampire girl nodded her head, creeping over towards the flowers. She moved carefully around them. not wanting to step on her flowers and jeopardize them even more than they already were. "Er, please be careful." She told Nora just as another flower was pulled. "What the heck??" She gasped when she saw the source of her woe.

A collared-cat laid in the flowers on his side, chewing on the stem of a yellow flower like a madman. Several flowers laid around him, chewed up and torn to pieces. Hearing the gasp being so close by, the cat suddenly froze before lazily turning its head to Amaria. It stared at her, then looked to Nora before going back to chowing down on the plant.

"Huh, a cat?" Nora stared down at the culprit, a little surprised at its gall to continue eating ever after it had been spotted. She put a hand to her mouth, hiding a small smirk. She was suddenly reminded of Garfield from the comics, and how he would easily murder all the flowers that Jon bought for the house.

"Hey, you," she said, crouching down and putting out a hand. "Have you seen this cat before, Amaria?"

The cat stopped chewing on the flower stem to stare at Nora, then at her hand. He seemed a little suspicious, nose wriggling as he moved closer to her hand. His nose tapped against her hand a bit before he decided that she was alright! As long as she was going to do the scratchy-scratchy thing he liked so much! And being surrounded by the two created nice and cool shade from the remainder of the setting sun, better than the plants in the garden could. He couldn't stand the sun!

"No, I've never seen this guy before," Amaria-Anna told Nora, shaking her head quickly. "Only animals I see back here are birds, and that's it!" She peered over at the cat, a little suspicious of the feline. Not to mention a little angry with him, since he had the nerve to chew on her plants. "It's collared, maybe it belongs to someone?" She pointed out. The collar had a small, metal bat hanging from the front.

"Maybe... but damn he's sure cute." Nora reached over and scratched the back of his head behind his ear; even as she did so, she slipped her other hand underneath his front legs before picking him up. "He seems pretty clean and trusting, and like you said, he has a collar. Do you know of any neighbours who may or may not have a cat? Or er... your dad's cat sitting? It was unlikely but still a possibility. "We can ask him when he gets back I reckoned."

She couldn't help but rub her cheek against his fur; he reminded her of the cats she used to have back before her life turned upside down.​

"Ah..." The vampire girl didn't know her neighbors that well. The fences were tall and wooden around her yard so she couldn't even see through them. That only begged one question though. "I wonder how he got in here anyway...do cats dig..?" She asked Nora, watching her with the cat. "No wait that's dogs...he is cute though." She smiled. "Yeah lets ask him, he would know best."

Avery let out a soft mewl. Oh how he loved a good ear scratch. A purr rumbled from his fury body and he nuzzled against Nora. The sun had declined more, the horizon now a good red. The cat turned his head to watch the setting sun set and hissed at the disk. He had conquered the light once more!

"Cats can dig, but not as much as dogs," Nora told Amaria, smirking a little as she heard the purrs ensuing from the cat. "As for the fence. Well, maybe it managed to climb over, but I highly doubt it..." She was curious, that was for sure. The curiosity became surprise, hearing the sudden hiss. She looked in the direction that he had been looking toward and saw the object of his distaste. "Well that is weird."

Amaria looked in the same direction as Nora, catching the glimpse of the sun. "Yeah, that is pretty weird." She agreed. "At least the sun is setting, though!" She grinned a bit at that. The night was coming! The sun was discomforting to her, not in appearance. The sun was like being in the desert and when the moon came out it was like wading in a nice, cool pool. "Maybe he hates the sun." She reached over to pet the cat, timid about it at first.

Avery stretched out in Nora's arms in response, licking his chops. He stared at Amaria for a moment before brushing his head against her hand.

It was only then that Nora remembered about Vampires not liking the sun too much. "Hm..." So they didn't burn either. The one after her didn't, but she had thought maybe it was an anomaly or something. She wasn't sure if this news made her happier or sad. Perhaps nothing at all.

"Maybe," she commented, tone a little dry as she looked down at the stretching cat. "Can't say I even met a cat who does, though. Weird... hm... maybe we should go in now." She didn't want to admit it, but being out at night wasn't something she liked too much.

"Okay, let's go in now." The vampire nodded her head and started ahead of Nora, opening the back door for her. "Are you bringing him too? Or is he staying out here?" She didn't know how her papa would react but he was a fair guy! He wouldn't get mad if he didn't like the creature, he'd just tell her he didn't like the creature! Not that he could get mad.

The cat watched Amaria move to the house before looking up at Nora. She wouldn't leave him out here...would she? He stood his front paw on her arm and nuzzled the underside of her chin.

Nora hm'd as she continued to pet the cat, feeling his furry head under her chin. Oh, what the hell... "Yeah, I'm going to bring him in. I don't want him to get munched on my some... creature or something." She cuddled him closer to herself before following after Amaria.

"Good point!" Amaria almost said the gardens were safe but if the cat got in who knew what else could? She stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind herself and Nora. "Be good, okay?" She told the cat, poking him on the nose gently. In response she got nipped, causing her to pull her finger back quickly. "Hey!"

The house was...uncharacteristically loud now that the day had left and night was settling in. In fact, there was even music! And not the creepy, classical piano one might expect in a vampire house but actual music with lyrics. It sounded like something from the ninties, a woman's voice repeating "They did the mash!". There was also a bit of chatter, small but growing in size. "Ah...there's a party tonight?" Amaria blinked. She sounded surprised, she thought it was going to be something boring like poker!

"Huh, are they playing-" Nora was interrupted as someone seemed to walk, or rather saunter toward them. A tall and fit man, dressed in a fancy shirt and vest, blond hair that was pushed back from his face, eyes a light blue and merry.

"Amaria, ma cherie!" He gave a charming smile as he plonked a party hat on the young vampire's head. "Ah, you have a friend? Lovely!" He put a hat on Nora's head and then fit one onto the cat's. "Ravan never told me he had other guests. Hm, Nisha, come here ma petite!" He turned to looked at a table of food, or rather, a short female in a grey hoodie and dark cargo pants. There was a hat on her head and a glower on her face. It was clear that she wasn't here of her own accord.

"Well, I must mingle now so ta!" Saying that, the man walked off to talk to someone else.

Nora blinked at Amaria. "Huh, that wasn't expected."

Amaria grinned at the man, watching him go. "Oh it's alright, I guess it's a mash tonight!" She told Nora, scratching the kitty under his chin. He looked cute in the hat! Or he would if he didn't seem so annoyed by the string of the hat. "Papa has his friends over now and then! Sometimes they play cards or just talk or something, but I guess tonight is a party!" The vampire girl waved over at the one the man called Nisha in greeting. "It's pretty fun!" She told Nora.

There definitely were a few people in the room. Monsterous looking fellow sipped some sort of drink while talking to another vampire. There were a few creatures dancing on the floor, one of them a few feet over some of the others. "The song is kinda funny since everyone here is actually a monster...so...Monster Mash!" Amaria explained to Nora. She pointed at the tall guy. "That's Tucker, the Werewolf!" She then pointed at the stitched together, mis-make of a monster. "That's Vestalt! He's a buncha different body parts put together!"

"Do take care to mention if you talk to anyone, whom you're with," Ravan spoke up from Nora's side, stealthy as ever. "If you do not mention you are under my ward then they may or may not try to make something out of you." He explained to her. "Either turn you or kill you, most likely kill you." He warned her drably.

Nora blinked as she watched the way too many monsters all gathered in the room. How this was even possible was beyond her. So many vampires, a... werewolf?! And a man made of different parts... Frankenstein kind of person she guessed. This wasn't normal! The most normal of the bunch was the cat in her arms, and now she wasn't sure if he even was a cat. Maybe he was... some spirit caught in the body of a tuxedo kitty?

Calm down Nora, it's all- She jerked in surprise when she heard Ravan's voice from right beside her. When did he come? And why so sneakily? She managed to calm herself down as she turned to look at him, though her heart was still thumping, much to her consternation.

"Yeah, yeah I'll tell them I'm your ward." She didn't like the sound of it, but the idea of her being monster food was worse. "Don't worry, you'll have... I'll stay alive." She was about to say blood bank but decided Amaria didn't need to hear it.

Meanwhile, the blond man named Laurent danced over with a hat and a party horn. A couple of seconds later he left; there was a hat on Ravan and a horn in his mouth.

The grumpy looking vampire near the table decided to drink some punch, scowling as she watched her father.​

Ravan stood still for a moment, Amaria snickering some at her father. "Ah, I wish I could take a picture!" That was something she would like to look at whenever. It would be the ultimate picker-upper when she was feeling down! "You look great Papa! Like a true party animal!"

Ravan looked down at her, silent before he leaned down and blew on the party horn, the toy smacking Amaria on the forehead from being blown on. "I...used to go to parties somewhat." He told her. "Now I just throw them for others. It's good to have allies similar to you." Or maybe...maybe it was an attempt to feel like his old self, or at least an older version of himself. Regardless, it was a poor attempt, it always failed. But others enjoyed it so, like with almost anything, he didn't care.

"You shouldn't make faces like that, otherwise your face will get stuck." The werewolf, Tucker, told the grumpy punch drinking vampire with something of a grin on his face. Between the rather groovy music and the shindig going down he was in a pretty good mood. Everyone should be!

Nora couldn't hold it in; she chuckled, putting a hand over her eyes so that they were shielded from being seen. It was just amusing and so... out of character. That vampire, the blond one, he needed a medal. The laughter did catch in her throat when she saw Ravan actually blow the horn. Wait, what? That seemed so... so random and surreal. Well, maybe it shouldn't? Maybe he was a real party animal on the inside?

Well, from his words, it sure as hell didn't seem so. Nora, rubbed at her neck, slightly awkward now before looking to Amaria. "Er..." She looked to Ravan. "So we found a cat. Outside." She lifted the tuxedo cat a little so that her hands were around his chest. His arms and paws were now pointing toward Ravan because of the position.

The grumpy vampire looked grumpier. She lifted her head, black bangs moving back from her pale face as she looked at the way too tall werewolf. "Maybe that's how I want my face to be," she told him. Her eyes were red at the morning; she was hungry for something more than punch, but she hated not having fresh blood to drink. "Where's your party hat? Laurent didn't manage to get one on your head? Tsk tsk." Although she had a nice sounding voice, the bland tone made it seem as if she was taking lessons from Ravan.

Ravan looked the cat in the eye for a moment. "Did you now? I haven't seen a cat in awhile. Outside of stray cats." He told Nora. The cat stared back at the vampire before hissing and trying to swing a paw at him. "I do not think he likes me very much." He mused out loud, pulling his head back calmly. "Interesting..." He stepped closer to Nora and the cat, reaching around to grab the feline by the scruff of its neck before taking a look at its collar. "Ah...

"He's nice, at least to us anyway," Amaria told Ravan. "He looks like he's wearing a tuxedo too!" That was her favorite feature of the cat! She reached over to pat the cat's head, causing him to retract his claws and purr softly.

"What? Why would you wanna ruin your face like that? It's so pretty!" The werewolf told her with a huff. "I didn't get one...makes me feel left out...but I got an idea on how I can feel included AND fix that scowl." He told her, pouring himself a cup of punch and taking a sip before continuing his idea. "Lets dance!"

"Hey, don't hiss," Nora told the cat in a rather placid tone before looking to Ravan and nodding. "Yeah, he was pretty friendly outside." If he had been anything but, she would have probably left him outside. She hardly needed bites and scratches from a cat whilst living among vampires. "He is pretty cute, yeah..." She looked from Amaria and back to her father. "You know who he belongs to?"

Nisha gave Tucker a blank stare before letting out a sigh and shaking her head. "You're mistaking me with my father, I'm afraid. I don't do the whole dancing thing, you could say I'm not a dancey person." She pulled the hat off and tried to plonk it on his head, failing miserably and barely reaching his shoulder. "Bloody hell, how the frick are you so damn tall?"

Ravan stared at the cat for awhile, perhaps too long. "I...do not believe I do." He told Nora. "I've never known anyone to own a cat they allow outdoors around here." He let the cat go, the feline shrinking into Nora and away from the vampire. "I could search around, it could bring unwanted attention to the house." He didn't want people to come sniffing around his house. That could be more trouble than it was worth. "For now...do as you wish with it." He waved his hand dismissively.

Avery let out a low grumble. He wasn't an it! He was a He! A vampire cat! He had a name!

Tucker snickered some at Nisha and placed both his hands on her shoulders, uninvited. He lifted her into the air, a smirk on his face. "Runs in the family. That better?" He asked her, a teasing tone in his voice. "C'mon though, you know you're enjoying this little shindig. If not then...I'll help you enjoy it!"

"Uh huh, alright then." Nora couldn't help notice the length of time Ravan peered at the cat, as well as the way the cat was moving away from the vampire as if... she couldn't actually tell if it was from fear or dislike. "Well, I like cats, so I'll keep it." Maybe tomorrow she could go out and buy some cat food fo it, or something. "I'll have to think up a name for you, little guy." She patted his fuzzy head, scratching behind the ears in intervals.

"H-h-hey!" Nisha practically yelped as she was suddenly lifted in the air. Her face turned a smarting shade of red. Oh man, bloody waste of blood. If Laurent put him up to this, I'mma kill that idiot! She glared at Tucker before baring her fangs in a grin. "I know one way ya can. I'm kinda thirsty. Hint hint."

"That is fine with me," Ravan told her, looking away from the now purring cat. "But...I hold you responsible for taking care of the creature." He didn't want to see or smell any puddles if cat urine anywhere in the house. Or else he'd get...well...nothing. "I step in cat waste...I'll treat myself to a meal." He told her, trying to sound funny but instead came off seriously threatening thanks to his drab tone.

Amaria though seemed to have no problem telling the difference. "He's just trying to scare you." She told Nora with a small grin. "Don't be scared!"

"Thirsty? But you just had some punch didn't you?" Tucker asked her, a sly smirk on his face. "Alright then, I'll let you have a sip of my highly potent, highly addictive and delicious blood...and in return you spend the night partying with me." It sounded like a good deal to him.

Nora stiffened. She had on her usual poker face, though the thought of being taken as a meal wasn't very appealing. It took her a moment to realize that it was probably a joke. "Ah, yeah, I knew that," she muttered, letting out a breath of air. "Ha, ha. Well, I'll make sure there's no barfing, peeing or poop around here." She was living here after all; it wasn't like she wanted to live in a nasty place.

She let out another breath before holding the cat close to her. "Right, so, I'll probably toddle off to my room then..." She looked to Amaria, wondering if she was going to stay or come along.

"The red in the eyes aren't just to make 'em pretty," Nisha replied dryly. She was trying to keep herself from getting flustered, and sarcasm was her best defense at the moment. She was a little surprised though when he accepted... and proposed a deal. Well, s**t. She was tempted, though, very tempted. "I s'pose I can lighten up... a teeny bit."

"I am pleased to hear it," Ravan told her, though it would be hard for anyone to believe. "Alright. I will bring you a meal in a few moments." Ravan told Nora. "There is, as you can see, plenty of food. Unless you wish to get yourself some food before you go." He looked from Nora to Amaria before walking away from the two, blowing on his party horn again.

Amaria looked around for a moment, watching everyone for a second before making up her mind. "Alright, I'll go with you." She smiled a bit. Part of her wanted to mess around with cat some more. She never got to before! The other part was that she didn't want to be on the dance floor right now. Everyone she normally talked to was busy!

"A teeny bit is better than nothin' at all." Tucker told her with a smirk. "Now, we're totally gonna dance. There's no getting around that one." He slowly and gently put her back on her feet. "And then you can get a meal. Deal." He held out his fist. A fist bump was just as good as a handshake to him.

Nora hm'd to herself before looking back towards the table with all the food. "Huh..." The way too tall fellow was there with the disgruntled looking vampire female. "Ah, right, so how about we wait some until they leave?" She really didn't want to be the meal prospect of two creatures of the night. Maybe not literally, but why be a feast in someone's mind?

Nisha stared at the fist before letting out a sigh. "Fine..." She bumped her much smaller fist against his. "Dunno how we're even gonna dance, though. I mean, you any good at it? I'm totally biting you if you step on my feet." She really hoped he didn't. His feet were much larger than her size seven; they would be smooshed. That said, she started forward, expecting this fellow would follow.

"Ah, they're gone," Nora commented, a smirk coming on her face. "Come on. Er. If you want." She didn't want to be a bossy older lady.​

"I'm good enough that...I don't care if I'm good." Tucker told her, the smirk audible in his voice. "Don't worry, I won't step on your feet. I'm not that uncoordinated. I won't turn your feet into pancakes!" He assured her, following after the vampire. "All you gotta do is just...move your body, that's it." Professional dancing was so far above his skill level he didn't bother.

Amaria nodded her head, following after Nora. "Hm, gonna get something for him too?" She asked, motioning to the cat. Avery was hissing and waving his paw at the passing by wolf man. "Though...I bet he's full of plants!" She said with something of huff. When they reached the table she looked over the food before taking a couple of pieces of candy. She liked the sweet flavor of it was all.

Nisha scowled some more, red in the face. This was very embarrassing. She wasn't the dancing sort or even move your body sort! She was going to end up looking like a chicken, or worse, a duck! Heaving a sigh, she finally did attempt to dance, eyes on the ground for the most part so that she didn't trip or fall over.

"Well alright," she muttered. She'd get a free meal. Hopefully, his blood was good enough. "Y'know though, there're lotsa pleasanter looking people around."

"Probably not," Nora said to Amaria as she set the cat on her shoulder and started filling up a plate. "Don't want him to get sick and start puking in your dad's house. Probably go buy him food tomorrow, proper cat food."

Tucker watched her attempt at dancing for a moment. "Are there? I mean...I didn't see anyone prettier around. Besides, you stood out. Especially with that scowl of yours." He told her, chuckling. The wolf finally started to dance along with her. "Try something like this. Left, right, left. It's simple but it's pretty fun." He told her, doing the very same dance he suggested. "Simple works best after all, am I right?"

Avery hung from her shoulders comfortably, front legs hanging from her shoulder. He watched her pile up her plate with food, letting out a small yawn before reaching a paw at her food. He wasn't hungry per say, he just wanted to chew on something.

"Oh yeah, that's probably a good idea." Amaria nodded her head, unwrapping a piece of candy and popping it in her mouth. She watched the cat before poking its side, getting his attention. "If he does have an owner, do you think the owner is out looking for him?" She asked curiously. "I mean...it might be kinda mean to say but...I hope not." There was a cat in the house! A cat! She didn't have one and now she got to play with one! A new friend and a cat in the span of a day or two? If that wasn't miraculous, what was?

"Man... the scowl's s'posed to keep people away, not invite them." Nisha huffed, shaking her head. However... even she had to admit this was a little fun. To herself, she would never admit such a thing to her father. Or Tucker. At least... not yet! "Hm... simple's always the best. My mom's simple. My father on the other hand..." She turned her head a little before looking away. "Anyway. So. How do you know Ravan?"

"If I lost my cat, I'd be looking for him, especially a cutie like this guy." Nora moved the plate away from Avery's paw, or at least where he'd be able to touch her food from. "He seems pretty smart for a cat, and he's super friendly. Makes sense whoever the owner is would have been nice to him. Maybe even someone who knew his from his baby days." She looked to Amaria, wondering about something. "Hm... you seem to like him. You never asked your dad for a pet before?"

"Well it didn't work." Tucker tutted, grinning. "Although, maybe its because I'm a wolf, eh? Canines hate it when people look mad ya know." Well...domestic ones did, and he wasn't domestic per say, but his point still stood. "He seems like a lean, mean, complicated party machine!" Laurent's party game was stronger than his own, he was sure. "How do I know Ravan? Well...it's a long story, but to make it short...I broke my paw once and, I didn't really have a set home at the time, he threw me a bone...literally."

"How do I know Ravan? Well...it's a long story, but to make it short...I broke my paw once and, I didn't really have a set home at the time, he threw me a bone...literally." He rubbed his forehead. "Hit me right here! Then he left me, but I guess he told his daughter about me because he came back to fix my paw, then I got invited to the party here by a talking sheep and...boom. I'm in the inner circle." He grinned some. The Inner circle was cool, a bunch of monsters hanging out. Sometimes trouble came a'knocking but they always had each other's backs for the most part.

He did notice one thing, though. Trouble never came looking for Ravan, his lifestyle was so undisturbed that it was eerie, even to the creepiest of monsters. That's why it was so shocking for a human to be living in the house. It was...different. An upsetting of the balance of things. But the balance would be upset even more before the night was over, even if no one knew it yet.

"He does seem pretty...brilliant." Amaria agreed, watching the cat reach out for the food even still. "And persistent." She snickered at him, pushing his paw down. "Nah, I never asked for a pet! I didn't wanna be told no." Being told no always sucked, so she'd rather not risk it. "Plus, that would be more stuff for my papa to do, and I didn't wanna make more work for him." She didn't want him to fill up his plate with stuff just to keep her happy.

Nisha had to admit she was amused now. "So wait, are you saying that you're just a puppy wanting to cheer someone up?" She smirked up at the werewolf. "Dang, if you weren't so tall I could pat your head." She nodded a little, agreeing with him about her father. "Yeah, Laurent's all that, and more. Honestly... but I suppose he tries. Most people like it."

She was a little surprised at the introduction Ravan had had with Tucker. "Wait, you broke your paw? Huh, did someone step on it while dancing?" Yes, she was being a bit of a meanie there, but she was sure no offence would be taken... or should. It was simply harmless fun. "Huh... he literally threw you a bone. Sure sounds like something he'd do..." She blinked. "Oh wait, the sheep... Laurent told me 'bout a sheep. Said he was super soft and fluffy. Or some s**t."

"That's the way cats are," Nora told Amaria with a little smile. "Hm... my dad would say no as well but the cat's would naturally come around the place. We had a bunch of them around the house. Strays, but most were friendly. Mom would tolerate it, my dad not so much, but he let me feed them scraps in the back of the shop." She realized she hadn't talked so much about her parents in a while. "Eh... so... yeah, let's sit down somewhere."

"Whaaa? Me? A puppy? I am a regal wolf!" Tucker told her, puffing out his chest with pride. "But, you definitely looked like you need cheering up." He told her, tutting a bit. "No one should be so somber at a party, that's a bad sign." The werewolf then huffed, shaking his head. "Nah, I broke it from jumping down from a height. It was pretty bad actually, but nothing I couldn't recover from."He'd been on the prowl that night and was chasing his rather fast prey.

"Oh, the sheep...is pretty evil. Cool, but evil. I mean...he tries to be evil, but its obvious to everyone else his heart ain't in the game anymore." Tucker chuckled a bit, shaking his head. He then smirked, rather wolfishly to. "Wanna pat my head, eh? I can make it easier for you." He leaned down so she could pat his head, but also so his face was a little closer to hers. "How about this?"

"So they were like...outdoor cats?" Amaria asked her, grinning a bit. She pointed over to a couple of seats near the door. "How about over there?" She didn't really wait for a yes or no, stepping in their direction. "Did they stick around all the time after you started feeding them? I bet they did...if I was a stray cat and someone was feeding me I wouldn't leave." She mused aloud. Why hunt for food when it was going to be given to you?

Whilst everyone was preoccupied, the door to the house opened and a few more party-comers entered. One of them was a woman somewhat similar in appearance to Amaria. The same hair and similar facial features. They even dressed the same, minus the hat. She was only slightly taller than Amaria. The woman surveyed the room, fidgeting with her glasses before letting out a sigh. She appeared nervous, the way she was fidgeting with her glasses and dress.

"I'm just not really a party person," Nisha replied with a small shrug. "I'm not like... shy or anything. But this kinda thing tires me out, man. Plus, I'm hungry." It wasn't so bad though, she had to admit. Tucker was big enough to block her from any other nosy parkers. Use to advantage, right? Plus he was friendly, and it didn't hurt that he looked nice and smelled a little good too and woah that face was much too close!

"Too close," she muttered, cheeks turning a little red. She inwardly cussed at the waste of blood. He was smirking, so he must have been waiting for a reaction like this. Well, two could play this game. "No, wait, it's perfect. Good boy, goood boy." She reached up and patted his head, smirking back. "So, this evil sheep, huh. He gotta name?" She moved a little back, not wanting to be so close. Premature biting and what not.

"Yeah, exactly that." Nora smiled a little, thinking of them. "Fuzzy and dirty until I hosed them down, they hated me after that for a little while, but at least it was summer. They stayed, yeah. Hm... I don't know if I'd be happy about being fed. I like doing things for myself." She started toward the seats Amaria had mentioned, sitting down with a slightly wider smile, happy to eat. She did look up however when the newcomers came in. Blinking, she looked at them, a little curious.

"Hey, Amaria, friends of yours?" She looked to the younger vampire, and then back at the new party-comers, especially the lady. She looked a lot like Amaria. "Huh..."​

"Not into parties, eh? Well, I guess I can get that. There's party-goers, party-blowers and then people who would rather not be anywhere near a party at all. You need all three." Tucker could understand the scowl she was wearing earlier now. Especially when she mentioned being hungry. It was hard to smile while hungry; you had to either be experienced or just that good of a person. "I grew up partying, kind of. They weren't exactly for fun, but for celebrations."

He nodded his head in answer to her question while his tail wagged side to side in reaction to the head patting. "Yeah, he's got a name. Ironically, it's Luminous, but he'd a demon." The wolf-man snickered, shoulders shaking in the process. "He has a son as well! Now that kid, that kid is a real party animal! He parties for the sake of partying!"

"Well, they needed to be clean! It was done out of love!" Amaria laughed a bit. The poor cats, she never quite understood why they didn't like water, but more power to them. They didn't like being in water and she didn't like being in sunlight. The girl took a seat beside Nora, popping a piece of candy in her mouth.

"Hm?" She looked up at the woman in question, shaking her head. "No, I don't think so. I've never seen her at all." She admitted. "Must be a new party-comer. Wonder who invited her." It could have been anyone really, anyone except her papa anyway. He normally left the invites to the others. "Why do you ask?"

As if hearing the conversation between the two, the woman's head eerily snapped in Nora's direction. her eyes visibly widened for a moment before a smile graced her face, and not a small one either. She started towards Nora and Amaria, moving rather quickly. "Oh gosh, you've gotten so big...!" She exclaimed as she got closer. She looked as if she were going to hug the girl, but caught herself at the last moment, instead awkwardly standing there. "I guess it has been long enough though..." She mumbled.

"My dad calmed down once he met my mom, apparently." Nisha lifted her shoulder in a slight shrug. "Even now, I s'pose he's pretty calm... well compared to back when my mom was still alright." She had a humorless smile on her face, yet another shrug showing itself. " She knew her dad couldn't always be down in the dumps, and she also knew her mom would want him to enjoy.

She couldn't help but chuckle, hearing about this fellow. this demon sheep. It made her think of characters from animes that were supposed to be evil but looked totally adorable. His son, however. Hm, maybe it was best to stay away from him. Laurent and now Tucker seemed to be enough for her party needs; this fellow would probably drain her out.

Nisha would have replied to the werewolf, but that was when the door opened. Nisha's nose twitched as she glanced in the direction. "Hm..." She didn't know who those people were, but she could smell a vampire, that was for sure.

Nora shrugged, shaking her head. "She just looks-" She stopped talking as the woman began to talk. Huh, even if Amaria didn't recognize her, it was more than obvious that the woman recognized Amaria!

It was as if a breeze passed before Nora; she blinked and there she saw the tall and friendly figure from before, with the blond hair. "Oh, Layla, My, my, my, it has been a very long time. I had absolutely no idea you would be coming here today, my dear!" He genuinely looked surprised.

Well, I guess they gave each other a sense of balance, right? And balance is the key to life." Tucker told her. Her dad loved to party and her mom wasn't much of a party animal. The relationship was probably good for both of them, even outside of the romance. "For me, the party is more about the social life than the actual party, ya know? Poor little ol' me is a pack animal with no pack. It gets lonely out there. When I first met up with all these people, life got a lot more interesting."

Even though Revan didn't have fun himself, not that he didn't try, he enabled the others to have a good time. Most of the monsters at the party may not have met or would even be dead without the emotionless vampire. It wasn't just a party with friends, it was a get-together for a community. That was something that Tucker could appreciate very much.

The woman turned her head to face the man. A look of surprise graced her face, but it soon wore off, being replaced by a knowing smile. "Hello, Laurent. It's been a long time indeed. I've finally worked up the nerve to come visit my family. I figured this party would be the best time. Everyone is here, after all, even a few new faces." She took a moment to scan the crowd, searching for Revan before looking back to him. "I should have known you were here, it is a party after all."

isha nodded. She guessed it was true, and there was no denying her parents loved each other dearly. Maybe she had to learn to live with her father's habits just like her mother hand. What she didn't enjoy as much was being dragged along. In fact, she probably wouldn't have come today if she hadn't known it was a party.. then again, she needed blood. Sighing, she started her pathetic attempt at dancing once more, feeling like a flopping fish.

"Looks like he's spotted someone he knows," she muttered under her breath. That hardly surprised her; what was more surprising was how he was even friends with Revan.

"Well of course I would be here," Laurent replied with a chuckle, hiding the fact that he was a little dumbstruck. He was also worried. How would Revan take this sudden intrusion? "Hm... I do not suppose he knew you were coming?"

Nora wasn't sure what any of this meant, except that the lady looked a lot like Amaria. She had shuffled close enough to hear her name. "Do you know any Layla?" she whispered to the younger vampire.

Tucker looked at the woman and Nisha's father before shrugging his shoulders. "I've never seen that person before. Maybe someone knew to the area, either that or just passing by." He looked back to Nisha, before giving her a toothy grin. "Alright lady, the spaghetti dance is over. You can have your meal now if you please." He teased, slowing his movements until they came to a complete stop. "It's hard to dance on an empty stomach anyway. trust me, I've tried before."

"No...no I don't." Amaria shook her head. The vampire had never known anyone by that name, not really. It bugged her a little bit, she usually took pride in knowing the people that called her father a friend. they were usually her friends as well. "I guess I could ask." She couldn't help but feel that both of the older vampires were being a little guarded, and it intrigued her.

"Oh, Laurent...you know he doesn't know that I was coming," Layla told her, shaking her head. Her frown turned into a smile, one that stopped just short of her eyes. "I didn't even know I was going to be here until I was. These things just happen sometimes, you know? You find yourself wandering into some place you normally wouldn't and then...then you find the reason, maybe more than one." She told him, somewhat absentmindedly as she looked back at Amaria. "Like my lover and my daughter."

"Like my lover and my daughter." She exhaled the words like they had been in her chest the entire time, just waiting to escape. "I came back to see if I could fix what happened and be a mother." She reached out, hand moving slowly, apprehensively. She was nervous, anyone could see that. Her hand rested on Amaria's head.

Amaria looked up at her, shocked by her words and the sudden contact. This stranger was claiming to be her mother. Was it true? Her eyes shifted from Layla to Laurent, practically begging him to confirm the fact while her hands nervously wrung at each other.

"No... wait a sec." Nisha blinked at Tucker, not understanding what he meant for a moment, clearly distracted by her father and the woman he was talking to. Though she stayed where she was, her eyes were as sharp as ever. "Huh..." She glanced from Amaria to the newcomer, noting the familiarity in their looks. "Oh jeez... that's Layla. I saw her when I was a kid, but then no more... no wonder Laurent's all uppity. Why's the woman even here?" She quickly started walking in her father's direction when she felt as if the room was spinning. She stopped in her tracked, lowering her head. "S**t..." She was feeling dizzy and soon enough she would keel over if she didn't have blood.

Meanwhile, Laurent was too focused on Layla, eyes unusually narrowed in a frown. "You cannot just waltz back into lives like that, Layla." He didn't sound amused; he could also tell that Amaria was looking his way, probably wanting some confirmation that the lady was her mother. "You cannot come back and simply break the peace. I do not know what happened; I let Ravan keep his secret. He has made a life for himself and his daughter without you. I would counsel you to leave."

"That's your mom," Nora muttered, looking to Amaria. Her food was going cold but this was too distracting to look away from. Was this woman the reason the vampire supposedly didn't show any expressions anymore? She was curious as well as a little nervous. There were far too many vampires in the room. It only took one bite to turn a person, and she had no intention of becoming a vampire.​

"Oh, so you know her." Tucker didn't give it too much thought. He was sure that whoever she was and whatever she was up to, Laurent could handle it. And if he couldn't, then there was Ravan. He could scare anyone with his monotonous way of life. "Maybe she just wants to join in the party." He told Nisha, chuckling. It did seem like a pretty awesome party, at least to him.

Seeing her pause, Tucker walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Maybe you should eat before you check out what's going on over there. Might be too exciting to handle on an empty stomach."

Layla let out something of a scoff. For a moment, she seemed angry, but a deep breath pushed that away. "While I am grateful for your counsel I think I will stay. I at least deserve to speak to him and to her. I am her mother, regardless of what you or Ravan may feel." She was adamant about that. She left her family before, but she was at least trying to come back. That surely meant something, right? It did to her. "I'm sure she wishes to meet me as well."

Amaria nodded her head slowly. It was her mom alright, at least as far as she gathered from the conversation the two adults were having. She also looked like her, something undeniable. "What...should I do?" She asked Nora. She had no idea if she should say something, go fetch her papa or just stay put and be quiet. Like Nora, she was a little caught up in the drama of it all. After all, she never knew what had happened to her mother. Maybe if she stayed quiet, either her or Laurent would spill the beans.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
"You know... you're right." Nisha turned to Tucker, glad for the support, though hell if she would say that out loud. It was embarrassing enough that she almost fell to the ground right now! What the hell was she, an idiot maiden in distress that swooned whenever something got too much for her? No! She was a very hungry vampire who needed blood, as her dizziness and aching stomach reminded her.

"Screw drama, I didn't want to be here anyway." She turned quickly and headed for the same door that Nora and Amaria had used to come to the party. Outside was nice, especially when it was night and away from folk. She didn't know what that woman was doing here, but it was none of her business anyway. She didn't need to get caught up in shenanigans. "Come on Tucker... unless you've changed your mind or sommat." Then she'd just have to go hunt the old fashioned way.

"Speak to him then," Laurent replied, a frown still on his face. "As for Amaria... she is her own person. If she wishes to speak to you, then fine. But I would suggest you find Ravan and talk to him first. If you really wish best for your daughter, the last thing you should do is disrupt her life or tell her things that may confuse her."

Nora was only half listening to what the two older vampires were saying, paying better attention to Amaria now. "We should go find your father," she decided. She didn't want to stay here any longer, not where it seemed vampires were having a tense time. Thankfully it seemed a few other monsters were still dancing to the Monster Mash. "C'mon Amaria. Even if she's your mom, you better see what your dad has to say first. Let's go." She set her plate down, held Avery with one hand, and then took hold of Amaria's with her free hand, heading for the nearest exit into the main house.​

"Changed my mind? No way! I got my dance so you get your blood." Tucker followed after her. "It's only fair. Besides," the werewolf took long strides, catching up to her rather quickly, "I'd have to be nuts not to follow a pretty girl when she says to come on." He gave one last glance at the group of vampires and Nora, shaking his head. He didn't know exactly what was going on, he probably knew less than even Nisha did. But he could feel it might end up with a bang, and not a very good one at that.

He stepped ahead, opening the door for Nisha. "Ladies first." He told her, doing a slight bow and motioning his hand to the doorway. "The garden is lovely this time of night too. Amaria does a great job of keeping it looking good. Lady's got a green thumb." He liked to think he had a green thumb too, he just didn't use it.

Amaria was silent for a moment, though her legs followed Nora when she tugged along. That was really her mother! She had a thousand things she wanted to ask but she was suddenly overcome with a sense of nervousness. That was her mom, the lady who gave birth to her and then disappeared! Even if she did ask her questions, how should she? Would she ask something too upsetting to be answered? And even worse...what if she left again, and this time because of her! Maybe she left the first time because of her anyway.

Avery didn't mind leaving the room. Too many people, especially around him. It was nice to see other vampires though, even if they were people and not cats like him. He looked at Amaria and let out a mewl, loud enough that she turned her head to him for a moment before speaking. "Oh right...yeah, we should let papa talk to her first." She finally spoke in agreement. Feeling that he had done his good deed for the day, he snuggled deep into Nora, tail draped over her arm.

"Fine, I suppose it's best that I do that first anyway," Layla told Laurent, agreeing with the vampire. "I suppose he's upstairs? Maybe he knows I'm here." She wasn't implying that he was scared, more so that he wouldn't wish to make a scene during his party. Her eyes scanned the crowd for that familiar face she'd loved before, finally spotting him. "Oh"

Ravan hadn't known she was in the house yet. He was too busy talking to a sheep demon, or rather he was too busy listening to his woes. "It's not fair," The sheep spoke, "I tried my hardest for the boy ya know? I wanted him to grow up big and strong, rich and powerful, a ruler like his old man!" He baa'd the most part, shaking his head and clearing his throat. "And all he wants to do is party! Like some...some...lesser demon!"

"Hm..." Ravan nodded his head with every complaint made. While he hoped that his daughter wouldn't turn out a party freak, he did understand her destiny was hers to choose when the time came. Whilst he conversed with the sheep-demon, Layla started to make her way over to him.

"I'd say you should come, Laurent," She told the vampire as she walked, though she walked slowly, "He may need the emotional support."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Greenie