Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Swords and Sorcery, Apocalyptic, Steam Punk, Drama, Anime, Superhero, Medieval,
[fieldbox="The Comrades of Istek, ivory"]
[tabs][/tabs]​

• the_collector_by_nathanparkart-d751r0y.jpg

Image by NathanParkArt

The Arcane Arts:

The arcane arts encompass many different realms of ability and effect. The fae of the world are the undisputed masters of magic, but, with talent, training and passion, man is more than capable of bending its power to their will. But be careful; magic can be both fickle and unkind.

The Cost of Magic:

Magic can do most anything in this RP. The only restrictions will be imposed by your discretion, and the game's karma system. Basically, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do, but be careful; all magic comes with a cost. Abuse your power, and you will regret it.

List any spells or arcane abilities in "Ability & Aptitude", and any enchanted items in the appropriate category("Garb", "Weapons", Etc.)

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Ok. I'll change it if you want me to. It wouldn't be too difficult.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
The thieves guild is now in Mantho.

Name: Marda Ilyn

Appearance:

[Don't see it on their deviantArt anymore, but credit goes to witchingbones]

Weight: 134 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Dialog Color: Gold

Experience & Occupation: Marda makes a living as a fisherman, but enjoys crafting simple jewelry and small trinkets to sell on the side. She is by no means a professional craftsman, but is able to create some fairly nice baubles with enough time and effort. She has no formal education and is incapable of reading and writing, but understands well the value of currency and fair trade.

Ability & Aptitude: Marda's time as a fisherman has taught her patience and regular exercise has kept her fit. As part of that exercise, she practices with the spear, often imagining herself as a proper warrior - She has poor form and no real combat experience [Unless you count stabbing at inanimate objects as combat], but has at least become used to handling her weapon of choice. She is also able to properly clean and cook fish, as well as deer and smaller creatures.

Hopes & Dreams: The same as many other adventurers, Marda is driven by wanderlust and a desire for riches and glory. She wants to see the sights, meet the people and make a name for herself.

Values, Morality & Worldview: Marda values hard work and honesty, as she was taught to by her parents. She believes respect must be earned and that work should always come before leisure. Having never left her home village, she knows little of the world beyond what she has heard in stories and imagines it must be much more exciting elsewhere.

Prejudices: Marda finds it difficult to respect anyone who wont fight for what they believe in and has little tolerance for laziness.

Garb: Marda wears a simple, medium-length white cloth shirt, beige trousers, a dark gray vest [As featured in the image], brown leather boots, brown leather gloves and a simple, silvery stone charm shaped like a crescent moon at the end of a 22 inch leather strap necklace.

Weapons: Marda carries a dense, crudely made wooden spear tipped with a sharpened rock that is bound to it by ragged leather straps. She also wears a large knife on her belt that could technically be used as a weapon, but is more for practical use such as cleaning game.

Food, Drink & Smoke: A skein of water and another full of ale.

Misc. Items: Coinpouch and averagely sized pack.

• 22-inch leather cord x6
  • 10-inch leather cord x11
  • Spare shirt x1
  • Spare trousers x1
  • Spare boot-straps x4
  • Shiny gray stone x2
  • Shiny orange stone x1
  • Shiny green stone x1
  • Finished charm necklace [Shiny gray stone, bear paw motif] x1
  • Finished charm necklace [Shiny orange stone, sun motif] x1
  • Thin cloth blanket x1
  • 3-foot spool of fishing line x4
  • Small metal hook [Contained in pouch sewn into the pack] x6
  • Simple lure x4
  • Flint x2
  • Small bundle of tinder [Dried Grass] x9
  • Rock-hammer x1
  • Small cloth rag x2
  • Bottle of ale x1

• Silver x34
  • Copper x12

Last edited:
Well, looks like that's six CSs. I could make the group from these, if I a wanted to.

But I'll wait for more to come in.

I'll close the signups either when we have six more CSs, or next Thursday; whichever comes first.

*Gulp* Are the ones that have been posted accepted?

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
Yay, thanks! :confetti:

• Bucket of Rainbows
/cross_fingers

Hope I get accepted. I haven't been in a good fantasy adventure roleplay in a while now.

Alright guys I am back on the grid! I've got a lot of reading to do, but my CS is still due Tuesday or Wednesday if there's still space.

Reactions: Jade and Greenie
*Waves* I know I was in the original people that was interested, so I was just wondering if you were still accepting CSes. (I read the whole OOC, but I'm still not sure whether you are or not! >.<)

If you are, please expect something from me in the next 24 hours.

If not, then I wish all of you luck! This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun for you guys~

*Waves* I know I was in the original people that was interested, so I was just wondering if you were still accepting CSes. (I read the whole OOC, but I'm still not sure whether you are or not! >.<)

If you are, please expect something from me in the next 24 hours.

If not, then I wish all of you luck! This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun for you guys~
Hey Stars. Yeah, we're still accepting CSs. There are two spots left. I already have two good CSs I could fill them with, but I'm allowing submissions for the next few days.

Can't wait to see your CS!

Zahra
large.png

Source: http://data.whicdn.com/images/46958413/large.png (the owner's DeviantArt account is written there, but I can't read it.)​

Weight: 108 lbs.

Height: 5'4"

Dialogue Color: "A slave has no voice."

Experience & Occupation: The girl who would later be given the name "Zahra" was sold as a slave girl since she was 12, observing life's horrid throes. Once a bedslave, handmaiden, and entertainer, Zahra knew many practical things. She, however, only learned how to speak. She doesn't know how to read or write, and most of her actions are driven by instinct and a will to survive. Having dabbled in thievery and owning a silver tongue, Zahra is perhaps the epitome of "street smarts." Once in her life, she was even driven to kill her master because of torment. Currently, she is an bartender and waitress, as well as occasional female bard in Istek's decrepit pub and inn, along with other exploited women in servitude of a fat, greasy nobleman.

Ability & Aptitude: Having been a bedslave, Zahra is able to allure both men and women alike, seeing as in those dark seasons, she was able to understand the inner workings of a man and woman's mind. Her experience in this has enabled her to know what men and women want to see and hear. She honed her practical skills in cooking, cleaning, and basic service work as a handmaiden, and as an entertainer, Zahra is blessed with a beautiful voice and proficiency with flutes. As a corollary to her skills in music, she is able to memorize countless oratory epics and songs. A party would lover to have her, as she is an expert masseuse. She is also skilled in bellydancing and other gypsy dances. These skills all hide, however, a cunning unknown to her clients–her allure and gentle hands are able to sneakily steal small items and conceal them within her garments. She also brandishes a whip and a long cloth in battle, but rarely partakes in it.

Hopes & Dreams: Simply, freedom. Treasure is a secondary reward.

Values, Morality & Worldview: Zahra's worldview is drab, yet she accepts the neutrality and random nature of life. She is open to positivity, and even regards miracles are true and possible, but more often than not, she's pessimistic. Her alignment is true to chaotic neutral, and Zahra possesses no grandiose principles. She is, however, very passionate about the topic of freedom and one's personal will, and would gladly advocate the freedom of maltreated slaves, such as herself.

Prejudices: Most wealthy people are horrible and care only for themselves. Their fortune is built on the hard work of others.

Garb: She is dressed in a simple black grey made of silk and other linens with a black scarf-like hijab that she either wears to conceal her face or wears down to show her short, brown hair. She has Arabic-inspired tattoos on her arms, a red dot on her forehead, a bellybutton ring, and earrings.

Weapons: She only wields a simple whip, but prefers to use her flexible, agile, dance-like way of fighting. She uses her legs and hands, and can snap necks with her thighs.

Food, Drink & Smoke:
  • Waterskin
  • Wineskin
  • Apples
  • "Magic" mushrooms

Misc. Items:
  • Black flute
  • Coinpouch with 7 gold coins, 32 silver coins, and 53 copper coins (all either stolen, earned as tips in the bar (as a bartender or bard), or from her time as a bedslave.)
  • Carving knife

Zahra
large.png

Source: http://data.whicdn.com/images/46958413/large.png (the owner's DeviantArt account is written there, but I can't read it.)

Weight: 108 lbs.

Height: 5'4"

Dialogue Color: "A slave has no voice."

Experience & Occupation: The girl who would later be given the name "Zahra" was sold as a slave girl since she was 12, observing life's horrid throes. Once a bedslave, handmaiden, and entertainer, Zahra knew many practical things. She, however, only learned how to speak. She doesn't know how to read or write, and most of her actions are driven by instinct and a will to survive. Having dabbled in thievery and owning a silver tongue, Zahra is perhaps the epitome of "street smarts." Once in her life, she was even driven to kill her master because of torment. Currently, she is an bartender and waitress, as well as occasional female bard in Istek's decrepit pub and inn, along with other exploited women in servitude of a fat, greasy nobleman.

Ability & Aptitude: Having been a bedslave, Zahra is able to allure both men and women alike, seeing as in those dark seasons, she was able to understand the inner workings of a man and woman's mind. Her experience in this has enabled her to know what men and women want to see and hear. She honed her practical skills in cooking, cleaning, and basic service work as a handmaiden, and as an entertainer, Zahra is blessed with a beautiful voice and proficiency with flutes. As a corollary to her skills in music, she is able to memorize countless oratory epics and songs. A party would lover to have her, as she is an expert masseuse. She is also skilled in bellydancing and other gypsy dances. These skills all hide, however, a cunning unknown to her clients–her allure and gentle hands are able to sneakily steal small items and conceal them within her garments. She also brandishes a whip and a long cloth in battle, but rarely partakes in it.

Hopes & Dreams: Simply, freedom. Treasure is a secondary reward.

Values, Morality & Worldview: Zahra's worldview is drab, yet she accepts the neutrality and random nature of life. She is open to positivity, and even regards miracles are true and possible, but more often than not, she's pessimistic. Her alignment is true to chaotic neutral, and Zahra possesses no grandiose principles. She is, however, very passionate about the topic of freedom and one's personal will, and would gladly advocate the freedom of maltreated slaves, such as herself.

Prejudices: Most wealthy people are horrible and care only for themselves. Their fortune is built on the hard work of others.

Garb: She is dressed in a simple black grey made of silk and other linens with a black scarf-like hijab that she either wears to conceal her face or wears down to show her short, brown hair. She has Arabic-inspired tattoos on her arms, a red dot on her forehead, a bellybutton ring, and earrings.

Weapons: She only wields a simple whip, but prefers to use her flexible, agile, dance-like way of fighting. She uses her legs and hands, and can snap necks with her thighs.

Food, Drink & Smoke:

• Waterskin
  • Wineskin
  • Apples
  • "Magic" mushrooms

Misc. Items:
  • Black flute
  • Coinpouch with 7 gold coins, 32 silver coins, and 53 copper coins (all either stolen, earned as tips in the bar (as a bartender or bard), or from her time as a bedslave.)
  • Carving knife

oooooooooooo...

Pretty Cs, hahaha.

@GonzoB. Does that mean I'm accepted? ^^
No; that was just my initial reaction.

I'm going to wait until Thursday to choose the last 2 CSs.

So, I have a couple of concerns. First, as excited as I am to see people getting creative, I'm not sure that her backstory and skillset of being a sex slave is going to gel with the RP's no sex or romance rule. I'd imagine you'd be using her charms to seduce many a guard and noble...

How do you plan on reconciling her sexual nature with the non-sexual nature of the RP?

Second, I had actually imagined that slavery was not so prevalent in Rarkonir. It also treats women fairly well. It's a relatively liberal kingdom and culture that, for the most part, values life and liberty above dominance. These are super broad and generous generalizations, of course, and there is plenty of horrible stuff going on in the kingdom, but I'd say that slavery and violent misogyny are not too well tolerated within it's borders. Perhaps she is from a foreign land where slavery is more common? She seems to be more Middle Eastern inspired than European inspired, anyway.

Well, I do want you to know that I actually really liked the CS; it has a lot of heart to it. I'd love to have you with us, but we may have to change a few things to make it work.

Last edited:
I had intended to keep that part of her backstory low key. While it's a part of her story, her being able to coerce people with her silver tongue isn't founded upon her being seductive at all. I've intended for her skills to be simply oratory, say, before people laid with her, she became adept in asking people for stories and, in turn, giving them advice or compelling them to do things via false promises. I can change that part of the story, but I'd like to keep the slavery thing. What if, say, she was a slave because of her poverty. Would that be any different? And yes, I did make her more Middle Eastern than Western. :)

I had intended to keep that part of her backstory low key. While it's a part of her story, her being able to coerce people with her silver tongue isn't founded upon her being seductive at all. I've intended for her skills to be simply oratory, say, before people laid with her, she became adept in asking people for stories and, in turn, giving them advice or compelling them to do things via false promises. I can change that part of the story, but I'd like to keep the slavery thing. What if, say, she was a slave because of her poverty. Would that be any different? And yes, I did make her more Middle Eastern than Western. :)
Hmmm...

Well, so long as you're going to keep it really low key and not predicate her skills on sexual allure, I'm more than fine with her backstory of being a "bedslave".

Now, do you mind having her come from another land?

Status
Not open for further replies.