Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Swords and Sorcery, Apocalyptic, Steam Punk, Drama, Anime, Superhero, Medieval,
[fieldbox="The Comrades of Istek, ivory"]
[tabs][/tabs]​

• the_collector_by_nathanparkart-d751r0y.jpg

Image by NathanParkArt

The Arcane Arts:

The arcane arts encompass many different realms of ability and effect. The fae of the world are the undisputed masters of magic, but, with talent, training and passion, man is more than capable of bending its power to their will. But be careful; magic can be both fickle and unkind.

The Cost of Magic:

Magic can do most anything in this RP. The only restrictions will be imposed by your discretion, and the game's karma system. Basically, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do, but be careful; all magic comes with a cost. Abuse your power, and you will regret it.

List any spells or arcane abilities in "Ability & Aptitude", and any enchanted items in the appropriate category("Garb", "Weapons", Etc.)

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
I'd like to join. Is there a number of slots for this? If so, I'd like to take one. I'd also like to reserve, if possible, the "ranger" archetype.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jade
I should have put this on watch v.v

Anyway! Sorry about the delays, jetlag is still very high in me ^_^' I'll get a character sheet up in a couple of days if that's alright.
Sounds good; can't wait to see what you come up with!

Reactions: Greenie
I'd like to join. Is there a number of slots for this? If so, I'd like to take one. I'd also like to reserve, if possible, the "ranger" archetype.
I'm gonna cap the party at 6, but there's still a slot or two open, so, yeah; welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Heh... due to the ban on nudity, I see many swollen bladders, full bowels, dirty clothing and stinky adventurers at the end of this RP.

Hey, nudity can be fun:

Of course, I'd be Mushu...

I'm already home, and I'm not drunk... did have my morning coffee a short while ago, but caffeine doesn't cause intoxication. And I still think an adventure like this should have been 18+ rated at the start. Don't like putting up restrictions that bind up natural character interactions and activities, like romance... and bathing. Restricts the fun. And the potential for humorous embarrassments. Or lack of embarrassments, depending on the character.

Reactions: Insomnant
I'm already home, and I'm not drunk... did have my morning coffee a short while ago, but caffeine doesn't cause intoxication. And I still think an adventure like this should have been 18+ rated at the start. Don't like putting up restrictions that bind up natural character interactions and activities, like romance... and bathing. Restricts the fun. And the potential for humorous embarrassments. Or lack of embarrassments, depending on the character.
Perhaps you should stop posting in this OOC, seeing as how you don't like the way the RP is being run.

Last edited:
Hey GonzoB., if I were to post a spoiler or tab in each IC post that depicted a "working inventory", would that be allowed? I think it might be preferable to going back and forth between here and the IC. Idea just occurred to me.

Also, thinking of playing a bored merchant's daughter who was spoiled and given a tutor in magic from an early age on. Became an adventurer because, well, the business runs itself and there isn't much better to do.

• Useful
Hey GonzoB., if I were to post a spoiler or tab in each IC post that depicted a "working inventory", would that be allowed? I think it might be preferable to going back and forth between here and the IC. Idea just occurred to me.

Also, thinking of playing a bored merchant's daughter who was spoiled and given a tutor in magic from an early age on. Became an adventurer because, well, the business runs itself and there isn't much better to do.
Hmmm... sounds like a good idea to me!

I also like the character concept.

Last edited:
I might be interested.

Perhaps you should stop posting in this OOC, seeing as how you don't like the way the RP is being run.

Okay, couldn't help contributing my view... still, you have to admit, that bathing scene in Mulan is a classic. :bsmile: Used Mushu's reaction in an RP on another site way back, when my character bit an undead creature. Toothbrush, toothpaste... different dialog and character interaction, but still funny. Wish you well on this.

• Thank You
[fieldbox="Eira, orange, dashed, 10"]

Appearance:

cainhurst_armor_by_xluxifer-d9t51n2.png

(Cainhurst Armor by xluxifer on DeviantArt)

Weight:
124 lbs

Height:
5'4"

Dialog Color:
Orange

Experience & Occupation:
Although Eira can speak the common language of the world fairly well, and even eloquently at times, she has had no formal education. During her time as a free fae, she rarely delved into the literature of humans. Minor dips into the library of her old town has helped her develop her sense for herbs and concoctions. She does not have the finesse of an apothecary, but can pick out the right herbs to make supplements that can assist with minor pains or wounds. For a living, Eira travels around, seeking contracts and quests with the highest payout.

Ability & Aptitude:
In the art of swordplay, Eira is almost second to none. Most of the strikes she delivers to her enemies are usually accurate, and her light armor allows her to fly through the battlefield. Her travels have also allowed her to come in contact with many traps and dangers, giving her the sense of when one should progress and how they should go about it. Dirty tricks are not above Eira either, if it gives her the edge in battle. She can also create crude ointments and potions, but things further than that are beyond her.

Hopes & Dreams:
The driving force in Eira's life is to find the answer to her current condition. Why was her essence bound to a suit of armor, and who was the one who chained her soul away? She wants to find the one that took away her freedom, and hopes that taking a journey through the world with a crew would bring her closer to that answer.

Values, Morality & Worldview:
Eira values freedom, prosperity, and justice

Prejudices:
Seeing herself above humans, she has no premonitions about anyone other than the one who cursed her.

Garb:
The armor that Eira is locked within is durable and light. Steel plated armor adorns every part of her body. Her helmet is adorned with many intricate engravings, although she does not know what they indicate. Upon the upper part of the back of her armor is a very ominous symbol. She keeps this covered with a tattered cape she salvaged from a band of marauders. On the left side of her waist is a gilded sheath, which holds her blade.

Weapons:
Currently, Eira is holding onto an heirloom from a family she attempted to assist during her first job.

Food, Drink & Smoke:
In her current state, Eira cannot eat, drink, or smoke.

Misc. Items:
No other extra items.

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Ok, so, here's what I think about Eira.

First off, I love the concept. Really great use of some of this world's unique elements.

Next, I have to say that she is a good bit more powerful and worldly than I had intended for the characters to be at game's start. The idea is that y'all are a bunch of lvl 1 scrubs, most of who grew up in the same crappy little fishing village. You're going to be quite the oddity, and a good bit more badass than most of your party, at least at the very start. That being said, I actually think a lot of good can come from all that, and I really, really like the character. I think your inclusion in the party will perhaps push you all into situations you otherwise wouldn't seek out, namely ones involving fae.

Well, again, love the character. Just be careful not to overshadow the others in the beginning of the adventure.

For everyone else:
Remember, the goal here is to start the game as a nobody. Don't try to be too cool right off the bat. I made an exception for Ultima, because I really like the concept, but I can't accept any more characters like theirs. I may accept one more fae, but the pitch has to be good, and I'll not want them to be very powerful at all. Again, the idea is to start out fairly lame and work your way up to greatness through struggle and strife.

Can't wait to see the rest of your CSs!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Uhm, almost done! Just a quick question (sorry if this was mentioned somewhere and I overlooked). What sort of currency is used here?

Uhm, almost done! Just a quick question (sorry if this was mentioned somewhere and I overlooked). What sort of currency is used here?
Good question. Let's just use the classic RPG system of Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper, with each one being ten times more valuable than the last. So, let's say a copper coin is a rough equivalent to $1, then a Silver on would be $10, gold $100, and Platinum $1,000. Nice and simple.

Barter would also be heavily utilized by the people of the Kingdom, I'm sure.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Good question. Let's just use the classic RPG system of Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper, with each one being ten times more valuable than the last. So, let's say a copper soin is a rough equivalent to $1, then a Silver on would be $10, gold $100, and Platinum $1,000. Nice and simple.

Barter would also be heavily utilized by the people of the Kingdom, I'm sure.
Sounds good to me, thanks!

Ohh this seems interesting :D I would love to join

• Love
Reactions: Jade and Greenie
Okeedokee, here is my character! Hope she's alright. I'm very bad at making powerful characters, leave alone OP ones.

Name: Rinata Sojourn (Rin for short)

Appearance:
kennera___archer_by_avionetca-d7pinhe.png

Original Picture here

Weight: 120 lbs

Height: 5'3''

Dialog Color: Green

Experience & Occupation: Rinata grew up in a rather hard working family. She didn't have any formal education per say, but she was taught to read and write as well as basic arithmetic. She was also taught the basics of housework, like cooking and cleaning, though she isn't too great with the former.

Her brothers were hunters. From them, she learned to hunt prey with a bow, and can use a knife as well, though she isn't as comfortable with the latter. The animals that she hunts are usually sent off to the butcher's, from which she earns her living.

Ability & Aptitude: Rin has the ability to understand animals, and animals can understand her. This was something she discovered from a very small age, from listening to chirping birds, meowing cats, barking dogs etc. At first her family believed she had a wild imagination. As she grew older, this ability remained. Her family also began to think she was a little touched in the head. As long as she didn't mention it before anyone, however, they were fine. Rin was smart enough to pretend she didn't have this ability when others were around.

She is strong for her height and weight, though this is simply because she along with the rest of her family worked hard. She is agile enough and is quite good at moving silently. She is used to walking long distances as well.

Hopes & Dreams: One of the main reasons Rinata has chosen to set off is to escape impending boredom and a mundane life. She likes her life, home and family, but she wishes for something more. Discovering new places, meeting new people. Nothing too fancy, just a breath of fresh air.

Values, Morality & Worldview: Rinata values kindness and helpfulness about all. She is a kind and helpful person herself, often putting others needs before her own. However, this has made her view of the world a little warped. She has an extremely positive point of view, an idealist, and somewhat naive to how the ways of the world away from her hometown work. For example, it is hard for her to comprehend why people may be malicious and evil.

Prejudices: She has a slight bias toward animals and will more likely take their word over other beings.

Garb: (At the moment) A rather simple button up brown collared shirt.

A pair of woolen brown trousers.
Black leather boots that reach the knees.
A silver chain around her neck.
A belt around her waist. (where she keeps her hunting knife)
A small pouch attached to her belt. Big enough to carry some food and coins.

Weapons: A short bow, a quiver with 20 arrows, and a hunting knife.

Food, Drink & Smoke: A small amount of jerky (in the pouch)

Misc. Items:
5 silver coins

9 copper coins​

Last edited:
Name: "Hull is Hull."
Appearance:
image.jpeg
Weight: 129 kg
Height: 6'3"
Dialog Color: "Why Hull dial logs?"
Experience & Occupation: "Hull live in forest near town. Hull is tree cutter and hide (leather) worker for town. Hull can live in forest better then town people. Hull carve some."
Ability & Aptitude: "Hull knows how to handle and hunt beasts. Hull wrestle down bear once. Hull can take lot of hurt and no scare easy. Hull usually carry three logs at same time."
Hopes & Dreams: "Little man should mind own business." (To be revealed via RP if possible.)
Values, Morality & Worldview: "Hull think man should be fair to other man, beast, or spirit. No problems if this true. Hull no fight unless have to."
Prejudices: "Better to think of a man evil before proof of good."
Garb: (See above.) All made of animal hide strong enough to take a few blows.
Weapons: A large lumber axe, a skinning knife, and 5 wooden javelins.
Food, Drink & Smoke: 10 peices of dried animal meat, a leather flask full of water, and a pipe with a bag of tobacco.
Misc. Items: A carving knife, some peices of unworked wood, and a walking stick.

Oooooo; new CSs!

Name: Ronric Drasyl
Appearance:
0b9821b399aa0f88a688de8130faa309.jpg

Weight: 165 lbs
Height: 5'9"
Dialog Color: Blue
Experience & Occupation: Ronric lived in Mantho where he was taught basic reading, writing, and math skills by his parent while they were still alive. After their deaths he was put out onto the streets where he learned the art of pick-pocketing and moving through the shadows from the local thieves guild. He eventually "graduated" and became a fledgling assassin where he learned the very basics to poison making.
Ability & Aptitude: Ronric is good at pickpocketing, sneaking, and making poisons. Ronric is quite acrobatic and is able to reach high up places.
Hopes & Dreams: Ronric, after leaving the thieves guild and Mantho as a whole on amiable terms, wants to travel the world and figure out who killed his parents. He secretly wishes to have the same faith that the priests and clerics have. And like any other adventurer, to make money.
Values, Morality & Worldview: There are few things Ronric values more then money. He understands the dominion money holds over everyone. Ronric has a realistic view of the world and as such does not trust many people. Secretly however, he is amazed at the faith the clerics and priests have.
Prejudices: Ronric is distrustful of new people and has a general hate for those with a lot of money.
Garb:
  • Basic black dyed leather armor set (Chest, pants, and boots)
  • Black cloak with a hood
  • Shoulder strap that holds vials (Runs diagonally across chest)
  • Raven skull necklace (Stolen from a man who collected oddities)
  • Pouch to carry money and small collectibles
Weapons: One dagger and a basic longsword
Food, Drink & Smoke: A basic waterskin and some dry rations.
Misc. Items:
  • 20 copper coins
  • Basic poisonous herbs
  • Mortar and Pestle
  • 2 empty vials

Status
Not open for further replies.