Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Swords and Sorcery, Apocalyptic, Steam Punk, Drama, Anime, Superhero, Medieval,
[fieldbox="The Comrades of Istek, ivory"]
[tabs][/tabs]​

• the_collector_by_nathanparkart-d751r0y.jpg

Image by NathanParkArt

The Arcane Arts:

The arcane arts encompass many different realms of ability and effect. The fae of the world are the undisputed masters of magic, but, with talent, training and passion, man is more than capable of bending its power to their will. But be careful; magic can be both fickle and unkind.

The Cost of Magic:

Magic can do most anything in this RP. The only restrictions will be imposed by your discretion, and the game's karma system. Basically, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do, but be careful; all magic comes with a cost. Abuse your power, and you will regret it.

List any spells or arcane abilities in "Ability & Aptitude", and any enchanted items in the appropriate category("Garb", "Weapons", Etc.)

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
@Crono @Ichigo @Ascendant @Grothnor @Crescent

I see a few have already looked at this OOC, but, just in case you guys who I haven't seen on here yet aren't getting alerts from the interest check, I thought I'd tag y'all to make sure you know.

Can't wait to see all your CSs

Reactions: Crescent
I'll have my CS up by Friday at the latest! Can't wait!

Reactions: Jade
Last edited:
I have to admit, it is kind of unfortunate that you seem opposed to romance of any kind. I'm pretty sure if we followed Iwaku rules, everything would be fine.

I have to admit, it is kind of unfortunate that you seem opposed to romance of any kind. I'm pretty sure if we followed Iwaku rules, everything would be fine.
Sure, but I'd just rather stay away from it all together.

Hope it's not a deal breaker for ya.

I dunno, I'm kind of on the fence for this one.

The absolute ban on romance isn't necessarily a deal-breaker as I rarely, if ever, have my character enter a relationship, but the denial of any possibility of having one is turning out to be a major turn-off (pun unintentional, but apt).

Is there any hope of getting you to ease up on that restriction, @GonzoB.?

Reactions: Insomnant
I dunno, I'm kind of on the fence for this one.

The absolute ban on romance isn't necessarily a deal-breaker as I rarely, if ever, have my character enter a relationship, but the denial of any possibility of having one is turning out to be a major turn-off (pun unintentional, but apt).

Is there any hope of getting you to ease up on that restriction, @GonzoB.?
Hmm...

I'm really tempted to bend on this, but I don't think I'm going to. What is acceptable in the case of romance is so nebulous that I'd rather just not deal with it at all. Here's a post from Noctis the Devious talking to a player who asked about it, as an example of why I think it's better to have a hard and fast rule governing it:

"Yeah, as long as there is no graphic sex (well, as long as it happens for plot reasons and not constantly and under a spoiler tag and a teen member and an adult member isn't involved and even then it can't be really graphic), and whatever sex is implied isn't between a character of a teen member and a character of an adult member just to be safe :3 "

Well, I hope you guys understand; I really do appreciate your desire to not have this constraint, but it just makes me feel infinitely more comfortable as a GM to not have to worry about whether or not every little interaction has gone too far, and, instead, simply know that everyone will avoid them in the first place.

On a side note, you can do whatever you want when it comes to violence; just make sure to cover it up with an "Extreme Violence" spoiler tag if it's something that could literally traumatize a younger player.

Last edited:
Traumatize a younger player? How young are the people interested?

Traumatize a younger player? How young are the people interested?
It's a site rule; I doubt we would actually put anything up that would traumatize a 13 year old, though.

Last edited:
It's a site rule; I doubt we would actually put anything up that would traumatize a 13 year old.
In fact, I'm actually being more lenient than the explicit site rules; they say "When you are posting a scene, story, or image that has questionable content, please use the (spoiler) code to hide it with a content warning. That way people will be prepared."

But, again, in this day and age, most everyone is ok with blood and gore; which is why I said only something that would actually cause trauma, I.E. probably nothing we could muster.

Last edited:
A group of people searching a deadly land with almost no one else to rely on but eachother. It seems like a poor choice to relinquish the right for them to fall in love, you might loose a fair bit of your interest @GonzoB.

Regardless, would you perfer a picture of appearance or a worded explanation?

I normally post my CS after I have seen others in these sorts of RPs in attempt to complete the party.

A group of people searching a deadly land with almost no one else to rely on but eachother. It seems like a poor choice to relinquish the right for them to fall in love, you might loose a fair bit of your interest @GonzoB.

Regardless, would you perfer a picture of appearance or a worded explanation?

I normally post my CS after I have seen others in these sorts of RPs in attempt to complete the party.
We have plenty enough interest from people who respect my decision.

Anyway, I'd prefer pictures, but make sure to credit the artist.

Last edited:
I've had a request for a example CS, so I'll post one tomorrow tomorrow night if no one gets up by then.

Count me in for this, @GonzoB. I will have time to come up with a character concept while I'm off this weekend doing a leadership conference and freshman orientation. I'm pretty sure I can get a CS up early to middle of next week.

Count me in for this, @GonzoB. I will have time to come up with a character concept while I'm off this weekend doing a leadership conference and freshman orientation. I'm pretty sure I can get a CS up early to middle of next week.
SWEET!

Glad to have ya aboard, Kraken.

I should have put this on watch v.v

Anyway! Sorry about the delays, jetlag is still very high in me ^_^' I'll get a character sheet up in a couple of days if that's alright.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jade
Status
Not open for further replies.