Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Swords and Sorcery, Apocalyptic, Steam Punk, Drama, Anime, Superhero, Medieval,
[fieldbox="The Comrades of Istek, ivory"]
[tabs][/tabs]​

• the_collector_by_nathanparkart-d751r0y.jpg

Image by NathanParkArt

The Arcane Arts:

The arcane arts encompass many different realms of ability and effect. The fae of the world are the undisputed masters of magic, but, with talent, training and passion, man is more than capable of bending its power to their will. But be careful; magic can be both fickle and unkind.

The Cost of Magic:

Magic can do most anything in this RP. The only restrictions will be imposed by your discretion, and the game's karma system. Basically, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do, but be careful; all magic comes with a cost. Abuse your power, and you will regret it.

List any spells or arcane abilities in "Ability & Aptitude", and any enchanted items in the appropriate category("Garb", "Weapons", Etc.)

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Dang; they just keep comin'!

Looks like you're building a good group here. I can't help thinking how fun it would be to put my character Tiffin in this, but he doesn't wear clothes, and we have a nudity ban (didn't know about that when I entered this thread with interest). Plus I'm already pretty busy with other RPs, but I'm gonna keep an eye on this. You're right, we haven't had enough RPs like this here. Nothing like a good old fashioned fantasy adventure. Love the map. Very interesting cast of characters, so far.

Oh, given the cast so far, Tiffin would make a good mascot/scout... this group could probably use a talking squirrel with wings.

Reactions: Jade
Well, that's four out of six slots filled.

Love your CSs guys!

You all made pretty much exactly the type of character I was looking for. Well defined, but still plenty of room to grow.

I do have a question for @Greenie, though. Why are some sections in dark grey?

Reactions: Greenie
I do have a question for @Greenie, though. Why are some sections in dark grey?
They are? :o. Hm, I'll go check! I know one grey part is where I hyperlinked. Yeah, I'll go check and see what's going on.

• Thank You
  • Bucket of Rainbows
So, yeah, I'm pretty excited about the party makeup so far. How about you guys?

I'm stoked! It's been a while since I've decided to peruse the signup section to see if there was anything interesting around. Fantasy, especially this sort of 'let's go on an adventure!' is my favourite genre (besides ships and seas).I like the idea of limiting how many people will be playing as well.

I like the idea of limiting how many people will be playing as well.
Ugh, I know... it's great...

It also sucks in a way though; I bet it's gonna be tough choosing between the CSs to fill the last two slots.

hahaha

That's true, though hopefully not too tough. ^_^' I've been in rps with way too many people, having it die very quickly.

That's true, though hopefully not too tough. ^_^' I've been in rps with way too many people, having it die very quickly.
Oh no, I'm definitely sticking to 6, because you're right; too many players is a great way to kill an RP.

• Thank You
Oh no, I'm definitely sticking to 6, because you're right; too many players is a great way to kill an RP.

Above six, yes, can get hard to manage... harder to get good character interaction. In my own group RP, I didn't put player limits, but I ended up originally with four "permanent" players. One had to drop out quite a few pages in, so I now have three. It's been slow (RL being what it is), but strong. Six also gives you good room for drop-outs. Or character deaths. But, indeed, makes it hard if you have more than six wanting to play. Heh... could always just roll dice.

Reactions: Jade and Greenie
I best get on my buddy's case to make a character ASAP.

I'm looking at you, @SkittlesAndSpike ;)

Yes! This party is gonna get interesting I'm sure and I can't wait for it. I just came back to Iwaku because I finally had time to pursue an active RP

• Love
Reactions: Jade and Greenie
Name: Aedan Bartley

Appearance: rrh__the_blacksmith_by_omtn_dnfanzz-d4ed2ls.jpg

Weight: 178 lbs

Height: 5'11

Dialog Color: Blue

Experience & Occupation: Aedan was given basic schooling before being thrust into the trade of Smithing, having been an apprentice for a little under a year.

Ability & Aptitude: Aedan knows his way around a smithy decently. He's able to, with time and the right equipment and materials, craft and repair weapons and armors. He actually has a keen eye for detail and pretty good situational awareness. In fact, those two traits have helped him since he was 10 years old, whether it be seizing opportunities, avoiding trouble or noticing the faults in things.

Hopes & Dreams: Aedan has always dreamed of seeing the world and experiencing everything that resides within. He also hopes to make a name for himself, to become a legend, the kind of legends you hear your folks speak of while enjoying a meal. He just wants to make something of himself, to become something that not only his family but he himself can be proud of.

Values, Morality & Worldview: Aedan values kindness, respect and recognition. Those are things he's been taught since he was young and those beliefs have only been strengthened by his days as an apprentice. His view of the world is very, very green. He doesn't know what to expect, so he expects what he's experienced, which is generally decent folks.

Prejudices: Aedan almost always initially expects the best out of everyone, or for them to at least be decent people. He just doesn't know people that well. He doesn't expect anyone to be caniving or scheming against him without any prior bias or experience.

Garb: Generally, Aedan tends to wear a white tunic, black trousers and black boots, made from hide. When smiting, and even when he is not sometimes, he wears a thick, brown apron around his neck. His hands are almost always covered by brown gloves.

Weapons: Within his possession, Aedan holds a rather basic looking sword, sheathed away and carried at his side.

Food, Drink & Smoke: a flask of water and six pieces sun-dried jerky.

Misc. Items: 10 silver coins, a chisel and a smithing hammer, his name carved into the side.

@TheWanderingWolf - No offense, but I don't really see a small fishing village being home to a thieves guild. I mean, that's up to @GonzoB. of course, but it sounds a little out of place to me. Just my two cents there.

Working on a character of my own, by the way.

@TheWanderingWolf - No offense, but I don't really see a small fishing village being home to a thieves guild. I mean, that's up to @GonzoB. of course, but it sounds a little out of place to me. Just my two cents there.
Good point. Might change it to where Ronric moved to this village after being down on his luck and looking for a fresh start.

Man I really am out of practice with this site. Need to refresh myself with quoting other posts. Ugh. Might change it to basically Ronric being down on his luck and deciding to start fresh

Working on a character of my own, by the way.
To be honest... I had the same concern.

But, I decided that we can work around it by saying that the guild operates out of Istek, but does their work in the larger cities. Like, some of the small folk of the village got pissed off and decided to, in secret, band together and steal from the rich of the surrounding area. I could see that happening.

His picture will have to represent a short foray into one of those larger cities, though; Istek doesn't look that nice or metropolitan.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Status
Not open for further replies.