Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Swords and Sorcery, Apocalyptic, Steam Punk, Drama, Anime, Superhero, Medieval,
[fieldbox="The Comrades of Istek, ivory"]
[tabs][/tabs]​

• the_collector_by_nathanparkart-d751r0y.jpg

Image by NathanParkArt

The Arcane Arts:

The arcane arts encompass many different realms of ability and effect. The fae of the world are the undisputed masters of magic, but, with talent, training and passion, man is more than capable of bending its power to their will. But be careful; magic can be both fickle and unkind.

The Cost of Magic:

Magic can do most anything in this RP. The only restrictions will be imposed by your discretion, and the game's karma system. Basically, the sky is the limit as far as what you can do, but be careful; all magic comes with a cost. Abuse your power, and you will regret it.

List any spells or arcane abilities in "Ability & Aptitude", and any enchanted items in the appropriate category("Garb", "Weapons", Etc.)

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
@GonzoB. Sure, so long as you tell me where she came from. I don't like infringing upon your universe and making a country of my own. If you're too lazy to think up something, a name will do :D

Reactions: Jade
@GonzoB. Sure, so long as you tell me where she came from. I don't like infringing upon your universe and making a country of my own. If you're too lazy to think up something, a name will do :D
Cool. Give me a bit to think something up.

I'll be getting a CS up later today! And for all of my competitors, I won't be holding back, so you better be ready! >:D

*Raises hand* I have an important question! Is there any kind of major deity that's worshipped by the people of Rarkonir?

*Raises hand* I have an important question! Is there any kind of major deity that's worshipped by the people of Rarkonir?
Na. There are in other kingdoms, but within Rarkonir, everyone worships the various Fae.

Here's the section on worship from the intro:

"Worship:

In Rarkonir, there is no monotheism. Everyone worships either one or a set of many fae. As such, there is no establishment of structured, organized religion resembling anything like our world's abrahamic religions. Instead, worship is more along the lines of ancient Greek polytheism, with essentially a spirit for just about everything. There are fae of the harth, fae of the willow, fae of the western breeze; you name it. They may be called such things as "dwarves" or "elves", but these are not hard and fast classifications. All fae are simply representations and personifications of the substance and essence of nature."

Hope that helps! :)

Na. There are in other kingdoms, but within Rarkonir, everyone worships the various Fae.

Here's the section on worship from the intro:

"Worship:

In Rarkonir, there is no monotheism. Everyone worships either one or a set of many fae. As such, there is no establishment of structured, organized religion resembling anything like our world's abrahamic religions. Instead, worship is more along the lines of ancient Greek polytheism, with essentially a spirit for just about everything. There are fae of the harth, fae of the willow, fae of the western breeze; you name it. They may be called such things as "dwarves" or "elves", but these are not hard and fast classifications. All fae are simply representations and personifications of the substance and essence of nature."

Hope that helps! :)
Thank you very much! That helps significantly!

O' mighty fish spirits, give me fish.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
e8cd02aa9ebe3eb86bfd9c1793398c2f.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]22[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]124 lbs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Height:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]5'10''[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dialogue Color: Rose Lilly - #b0768e[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Experience & Occupation: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola grew up in Tangon's Rest, inside of a shrine that her family owned. The shrine is dedicated to a fae by the name of Müelier, the fae of artistry and inspiration. Her family taught her many things inside the shrine, many academically centered. She learned to read, write, and speak with incredible skill. To dedicate their lives to the fae Müelier, her family practiced many different types of art. Liola learned to draw, as well as cook, clean, and sew. As Liola grew older, she practiced all of these skills, as well as how to use magic from one of her family members. Liola believed she was lucky since she was one of two family members who could use magic. The family member who taught her told her that magic always came at a cost and to make sure that she never used magic excessively. Liola never learned any combat magic though, since she didn't think it was beautiful enough to be considered an art form.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ability & Aptitude:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As stated before, Liola learned a great plethora of skills. Her reading, writing, penmanship, and diplomatic speaking are second-to-none. Her cooking, cleaning, and drawing are better than most, but not great. When Liola learned to draw, she also had an uncle teach her how to use her skills as a cartographer and navigator. Liola knows how to draw maps, but not maps that are extremely accurate. Liola can sing pretty well, since she thinks that it's a good way to pass the time. Liola's most significant trait is the fact that she can use magic though. She doesn't heal people, since she was told that it is incredibly hard to heal someone else without getting hurt yourself. Liola uses all kinds of utility magics, which she has learned from many books and journals. Liola is excellent outside of combat, but inside combat, she is pretty useless. She is willing to learn how to help, but she believes she will be helpful when they're not fighting for their lives.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hopes & Dreams: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola dreams to one day be revered as a figure of inspiration toward others. It would be the ultimate fulfillment of her role as a priestess to the fae Müelier, since she is required to inspire people no matter what she does. Liola hopes that as an adventurer, she will inspire other people to risk their lives and take chances with their abilities. If she can venture into unknown lands, she hopes others can do the same. Liola also dreams of meeting fae of great renown, who might provide her with some new form of art to share with the world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Values, Morality & Worldview:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola has a very positive outlook on everything, no matter where she goes. She views everything as a form of art, and she cannot simply deem something 'bad' or 'good' because viewpoints are different for everyone. Liola has no moral compass most of the time, since she is not normally led in any certain direction. Murder and other acts of violence are forms of art, which are being expressed by people with rich emotions. Liola views everything as beautiful, including death itself. Liola doesn't have much of a list of values, but she respects the values of others. Murder is not something she would do, since it normally violates the list of values that people have. One thing that Liola will never budge on though is her virginity. As a priestess, she believes she needs to remain as pure as possible. She believes the inside of her body is the purest place that exists in the world, and if she violates that purity, her ability to create and express art will be taken away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Prejudices:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola has one prejudice. She hates it when people try to stunt other people's expressions of 'art'. (So if someone is killing something and someone stops them, she'll get mad.)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Garb:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola wears a typical shrine maiden outfit, although she changed the normal color of red to pink. Her outfit is complete with sandals that are part of the classic 'priestess' outfit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapons: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Liola carries a single dagger, which she hides in the area near her breast.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Food, Drink & Smoke:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Waterskin[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]2 Loaves of White Bread[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dried and Salted Meat Strips (3 pieces)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Misc. Items:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Necklace Charm w/ Müelier's insignia[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]5 Spots (Reduced from 10, since she is disorganized)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Loaves of Bread (x2)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dried, Salted Meat Strips (x3)[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Hey guys. I came up with some descriptions of the surrounding kingdoms.

@Weiss: There ya go. I gave you two to choose from. Pick either Ha'zor Ha'din or Mirkilitania.

Ha'zor Ha'din, land of shifting sands, wondrous wares and spices, and Ilu'al Hel'al, the "one true god" of the theocratic east. Ha'zor Ha'din was one of Rarkonir's greatest foes in the decades of war which proceeded this time of peace, and now they sit as one of their most powerful rivals in the burgeoning trade wars.

Mirkilitania, ancient sister kingdom to Rarkonir, now a shadow of it's former self. Though this land once played host to and worshiped the same gods as the Kingdom of Rarkonir, Mirkilitania now rests firmly under the thumb of their eastern neighbors, Ha'zor Ha'din. And though the war is over, Mirkilitania still suffers daily at the hands of an oppressive religious occupation. All who do not convert are subject to either death or enslavement.

Tegenfal Another ancient ally of the kingdom, and perhaps the strongest force in the west. Magical technique is constantly advancing in realm, and its people prosper because of it.

Waziz is a no man's land, though it was once a great kingdom in it's own right.

Teaperik, north of Waziz, was an important part of the western alliance during the last war, and now stands as an amiable partner in trade to Rarkonir. The people of Teaperik worship the "one true god" of the west, but do not, in general, feel disdain for the pagans of the south.

Kvarkavanzomitz is home to nomads and strange Fae. The gods of this realm dwarf most from Rarkonir in both power and ferocity. As such, the people are hardy and strong, but have never been able to build a true kingdom.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Greenie
I choose the latter. Am I required to edit my CS or is a simple declaration enough? :)

I choose the latter. Am I required to edit my CS or is a simple declaration enough? :)
Yeah, it works the way it is. :)

Okay! I made quite a few changes to my CS because there were just some things that weren't working for her!

@GonzoB. if you need me to list out the spells she knows, I can certainly do that as well.

• Thank You

[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
e8cd02aa9ebe3eb86bfd9c1793398c2f.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]22[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weight:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]124 lbs.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Height:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]5'10''[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dialogue Color: Rose Lilly - #b0768e[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Experience & Occupation: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola grew up in Tangon's Rest, inside of a shrine that her family owned. The shrine is dedicated to a fae by the name of Müelier, the fae of artistry and inspiration. Her family taught her many things inside the shrine, many academically centered. She learned to read, write, and speak with incredible skill. To dedicate their lives to the fae Müelier, her family practiced many different types of art. Liola learned to draw, as well as cook, clean, and sew. As Liola grew older, she practiced all of these skills, as well as how to use magic from one of her family members. Liola believed she was lucky since she was one of two family members who could use magic. The family member who taught her told her that magic always came at a cost and to make sure that she never used magic excessively. Liola never learned any combat magic though, since she didn't think it was beautiful enough to be considered an art form.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ability & Aptitude:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As stated before, Liola learned a great plethora of skills. Her reading, writing, penmanship, and diplomatic speaking are second-to-none. Her cooking, cleaning, and drawing are better than most, but not great. When Liola learned to draw, she also had an uncle teach her how to use her skills as a cartographer and navigator. Liola knows how to draw maps, but not maps that are extremely accurate. Liola can sing pretty well, since she thinks that it's a good way to pass the time. Liola's most significant trait is the fact that she can use magic though. She doesn't heal people, since she was told that it is incredibly hard to heal someone else without getting hurt yourself. Liola uses all kinds of utility magics, which she has learned from many books and journals. Liola is excellent outside of combat, but inside combat, she is pretty useless. She is willing to learn how to help, but she believes she will be helpful when they're not fighting for their lives.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hopes & Dreams: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola dreams to one day be revered as a figure of inspiration toward others. It would be the ultimate fulfillment of her role as a priestess to the fae Müelier, since she is required to inspire people no matter what she does. Liola hopes that as an adventurer, she will inspire other people to risk their lives and take chances with their abilities. If she can venture into unknown lands, she hopes others can do the same. Liola also dreams of meeting fae of great renown, who might provide her with some new form of art to share with the world.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Values, Morality & Worldview:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola has a very positive outlook on everything, no matter where she goes. She views everything as a form of art, and she cannot simply deem something 'bad' or 'good' because viewpoints are different for everyone. Liola has no moral compass most of the time, since she is not normally led in any certain direction. Murder and other acts of violence are forms of art, which are being expressed by people with rich emotions. Liola views everything as beautiful, including death itself. Liola doesn't have much of a list of values, but she respects the values of others. Murder is not something she would do, since it normally violates the list of values that people have. One thing that Liola will never budge on though is her virginity. As a priestess, she believes she needs to remain as pure as possible. She believes the inside of her body is the purest place that exists in the world, and if she violates that purity, her ability to create and express art will be taken away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Prejudices:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola has one prejudice. She hates it when people try to stunt other people's expressions of 'art'. (So if someone is killing something and someone stops them, she'll get mad.)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
embed.php
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Garb:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Liola wears a typical shrine maiden outfit, although she changed the normal color of red to pink. Her outfit is complete with sandals that are part of the classic 'priestess' outfit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weapons: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Liola carries a single dagger, which she hides in the area near her breast.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Food, Drink & Smoke:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Waterskin[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]2 Loaves of White Bread[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dried and Salted Meat Strips (3 pieces)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Misc. Items:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Necklace Charm w/ Müelier's insignia[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]5 Spots (Reduced from 10, since she is disorganized)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Loaves of Bread (x2)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dried, Salted Meat Strips (x3)[/BCOLOR]
You just upped your chanced significantly, Stars. :)

Deadline's getting close everybody!

*looks at @J_"Kraken"*

Be sure to get those CSs in by Thursday morning. I'll call the results at 9am MST.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenie
Deadlines getting close everybody!

*looks at @J_"Kraken"*

Be sure to get those CSs in by Thursday morning. I'll call the results at 9am MST.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing who will be picked! :D

Hey @GonzoB. - unfortunately, and I really should have taken this into consideration before replying with interest, while I would be able to submit a CS, my schedule for the next three to four weeks will not allow me to be a regular member of an active group RP. I have no desire to hold you guys up or otherwise become a burden, so I'm afraid I'll have to step out of this. Once again, apologies for not considering this in advance, but I wish you guys the best of luck as this continues! You're in good hands with GonzoB at the helm!

• Thank You
Hey @GonzoB. - unfortunately, and I really should have taken this into consideration before replying with interest, while I would be able to submit a CS, my schedule for the next three to four weeks will not allow me to be a regular member of an active group RP. I have no desire to hold you guys up or otherwise become a burden, so I'm afraid I'll have to step out of this. Once again, apologies for not considering this in advance, but I wish you guys the best of luck as this continues! You're in good hands with GonzoB at the helm!
Aww, that's too bad, Kraken.

Hit us up in a few weeks when you have a more free schedule; we may be accepting a new character or two by then.

• Thank You
Reactions: ze_kraken
Well... since Kraken was the only other person I was waiting on, and since we already have so many awesome sheets... I think I'm just going to to call it here and now.

Greenie might hit me for this... but... YOU'RE ALL IN!

I decided that you all deserve as shot at taking part in this RP. Everyone put out a great character, and a lot of you have been super enthusiastic about participating. Again, I think you all deserve to take part in this at least a little bit.

Now, that being said, since we will be starting with 8 players as opposed to 6, I will be upping the fatality factor a bit. Expect one or two of you to die in the first chapter.

Congratulations everyone, you all made it into the RP! I loved each and every one of your characters, and I can't wait to see what you all do in the weeks and months to come!

Chapter one's opening post will be up tomorrow night.

@Greenie @TheWanderingWolf @Crono @Weiss @LVL1337N00B @UltimaCircuit @SkittlesAndSpike

Well... since Kraken was the only other person I was waiting on, and since we already have so many awesome sheets... I think I'm just going to to call it here and now.

Greenie might hit me for this... but... YOU'RE ALL IN!

I decided that you all deserve as shot at taking part in this RP. Everyone put out a great character, and a lot of you have been super enthusiastic about participating. Again, I think you all deserve to take part in this at least a little bit.

Now, that being said, since we will be starting with 8 players as opposed to 6, I will be upping the fatality factor a bit. Expect one or two of you to die in the first chapter.

Congratulations everyone, you all made it into the RP! I loved each and every one of your characters, and I can't wait to see what you all do in the weeks and months to come!

Chapter one's opening post will be up tomorrow night.

@Greenie @TheWanderingWolf @Crono @Weiss @LVL1337N00B @UltimaCircuit @SkittlesAndSpike
I figure I'm included, although I'm not tagged...? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.