Shamrock Infiltration On Deck

Nessa incidentally dodged, almost on instinct alone when the first nasty sharp object of Javelin's screamed past her, right into a goon who was trying to sneak up on her. There were several more where that first one came from. Shamrock's form was almost a blur as she started to twirl, keeping her staff between her and the sharp nasty things. Deflected by the staff, they went flying every which way. One stuck in her armored boot " Ouch, Damnit " One flew over into a goon standing not far from the swordsman, lodging in his gun. Another flew, pinging off several objects on deck towards the shark man. A fourth flew towards another goon and a fifth nearly straight up into the air.

Nessa now moved, still twirling her staff, but not herself so much, shaking the nasty sharp object loose of her boot. She tried to keep herself between Javelin and her team as they went down past the hatch. ( Into her radio ) " Allegra, can you do something about Jack and Jill while I have her attention ? "

Nessa got one of the signaling devices she was given to summon air support out and into one hand.

@Joan @Shizuochan @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @Esper @mr_pibbs @infiltration team

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
"Alright, you got me....swiss is my favorite." He said, looking about at the turrets zeroed in on him. The sound of footsteps and people barking orders around him rang in his ears. His boldness had paid off, sort of. The young man was doing his job and that made him feel good. The offer wasn't exactly tempting, but it was rather unexpected. After all, not many people watch some dipshit break a bunch of their stuff and think: I should employ that guy trying to destroy everything I am working with. Still, he was flattered, but he figured that being surrounded would be to the advantage of the Infiltration team. Looking down at the hatch, it looked like they would need to get into here to do their job.

"All things considered, my good sir/ma'am/potato, a good job is hard to come by. This economy has chewed people like me up and spit me out, as I am sure you are aware. At least, I am assuming because who the hell would know my favorite cheese, my mom barely knows my favorite cheese. And she is like...my mom, ya know?"

At this point, he spotted Other Tie Guy motioning to him. The door was opened and more men had piled in to deal with the surprize drop in. At this point the sound of what was likely a better version of every metal song ever finally caught a bit of attention. "What in the Jimi Hendrix turning in his grave bullshit is that?! My eardrums have been violated! A travesty on a level that only Rebecca Black has ever been able to reach!" Even some of the guards took notice, as their weapons were pointed at him. As he watched the hero then flinging the instrument, he knew would have a talk with them later. Turning his attention back to the many gun barrels pointed at him, scratched his head.

"I'll have to take a raincheck on that offer, as I think a face to face meeting is more professional and your workplace is far too loud for a proper interview to be done. So if you will excuse me--"

He then charged into the crowed of enemy soldiers, and that's when the gunfire began to add to the noise. He used his momentum to put a few baddies on his shoulder, and it help shield him from the blasts from their guns. It took several of their own getting shot before they thought better of it. He wasn't sure if the turrets were firing, but if they were, it was likely taking more of them out. The stings of the bullets hitting him were felt, but not penetrating through.

Bursting through another wall the fighting between the metas seemed to be just getting started. Dropping the holy bodies, he took a quick glance at the fighting.

Advancing forward, he attempted to tackle the caster on the notion that taking out the one giving protection might hinder the others he was sharing it with.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Gands and Joan
[fieldbox=Joan Riley Ardent AKA Allegra, #447733, solid, 0, Georgia]
fed0e5ab4516708765c262bfe3a6690e.jpg
I did not expect the snakes. That was Joan's first thought when she saw the robots swarming onto the deck. Well then. She quickly sprang into action again, pulling the electricity from the robots as they approached her team. There were quite a lot of them, but thankfully her team was able to deal with the ones that slipped past her. They were progressing slower now, though. Not good. We need to get below decks as quickly as possible.

Even as this thought entered her mind, Atlas opened a hatch, and she let out a sigh of relief. As Joan moved forward toward the hatch, knives came hurtling through the air toward Shamrock. Joan had begun to raise a hand to help when the woman leapt into action, defending herself surprisingly well. Then the woman asked if she could do something about the pair.

"On it." She changed course and began sneaking up on the pair. Once she had gotten within a few feet of them, Joan began to siphon the magical energy from the shields surrounding the pair. It may not do much more than weaken the shields, but it definitely still helped.

As she drained energy from the shields, she raised one hand and used her powers to lift a pair of heavy guns that a pair of dead agents had been using. She didn't bother to check if they were loaded; instead, she swung the butt ends at Javelin and Bard's heads simultaneously. She was about to follow it up with another attack, but she noticed Nyra and Wrecker making their attacks and decided to stay back so that she wouldn't interfere.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Naivara Adrianna Yvonne AKA Nyra, #666688, dotted, 0, Book Antigua]
3b4f3d48f43f5e58e4bea1965dfc6ba9.jpg
From her vantage point in the air, Nyra could clearly see both the shark man and the dynamic duo that had just made their way onto the deck. She also saw the swarm of tiny robots, but those didn't take up quite as much of her attention. It was obvious that the shark was a major threat, but so were the pair fighting their way through T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agents. Before she could choose, White Noise decided to keep the shark occupied, and Nyra turned her attention to Bard and Javelin.

Let's see...that looks like shielding magic, and from what we were told about this pair, Bard's the one using it. So, if I take him first, that'll make Javelin weaker and it'll probably pay off later. She tightened her grip on the staff and began moving, flying through the air until she was in the air above Bard and Javelin. She chose to fly relatively low, striking as much of a balance as she could between out of their reach and close enough to the ground that she wouldn't injure herself if she fell.

It seemed she had arrived just in time, since as she flew down, she sensed the transfer of magic from Bard's shields to the shark. It was the perfect opening for an attack, and she took the opportunity to let loose a targeted power blast from her staff at Bard. At the same time, she scanned the magical barriers and Bard himself, trying to discover what type of magic he wielded and looking for a weakness she could exploit.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Alexander Heron Mitchell AKA Core, #1188ff, dashed, 0, Courier New]
3f733859e9dbfbbb683fcf2c2fb1076b.jpg
Core quickly found his attention filled by the robots swarming all over the deck. The information input was slightly overwhelming, and he found himself closing his eyes briefly to focus.

Shit...okay, there are two main purposes here. Surveillance and taking out enemies. The smaller ones are just for surveillance, but the other ones, the snakes...Search and destroy, that's all they're here for. However, they both go back to the same person, presumably the other technopath, and he's...Damn it, I can't get an exact read, but he's below decks somewhere. Terrific, that's exactly where we need to go.

Closing his eyes hadn't seemed like a big deal at the time, since he would sense any robots coming his way and his suit would block bullets, but when he opened them, his team had already moved on ahead, and he had to waste a few precious moments catching up. He reached the group just in time to see Atlas beginning to open the trapdoor.

I have a few moments...better make those count.

His mind reached out to the robots in the vicinity and attempted to completely shut them down. He would normally have attempted something fancier, like taking control or confusing the sensors on the robots, but with another technopath on the other end, it seemed safer to stay simple. After that, he ran for the hatch and made his way down it after Serena.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gands

Carson%20GlassesPost_zpsjuosiysx.png

CARSON TEMPLE | ATLAS
Carson slid down the ladder in his normal form. He landed on the ground with a sloppy thud. While he had good control of his powers, he didn't have a comprehensive amount of training. When a few others landed alongside him, he gave the long corridor a look before shrinking down. It was usually not in his personality to defer to other people, he was a CEO for goodness sakes.

Yet, in the heat of battle, he trusted more experienced combatants than himself. He flew to Serena's collar. "Hello," he said into her ear. "If you don't want me here, let me know. Otherwise, it would be great working with you. I'm not so effective in these tight spaces. So, a bit of normal-sized direction is always warranted." He paused. "Also, you smell amazing,"

• Love
[fieldbox=Marie Vance Carter — "Obsidian", #a6e, dashed, 15, Abel]
Obsidian smirked when she was placed on the distraction team. How fitting. It also meant she could spill some blood today, and that was the fun part of this damned mission. She stood, stretching her limbs and reaching out to the dark energy permeating through the air. It revitalized her stiff muscles immediately, giving her just the energy boost she needed as they prepared for the assault.

Two hours later, they arrived in some degree of style. Wrecker, for all his annoying quips, did immediate damage to the target, and Obsidian couldn't help but be a little impressed. She flew down shortly after, dark energy muting her figure as she dodged missiles and bullets from below. She laughed, pure glee lighting up her face as she landed with enough force to severely dent the metal floor. She didn't feel a thing, however, and she did not hesitate in letting her powers loose. She shot out blasts of dark energy, sending her opponents flying. Sadly, they seemed to have some degree of armor that kept most of them from being killed immediately. Though most were at least incapacitated by the sheer force of her energy blasts. Clucking her tongue, she drew up an energy shield of her own as the swarm of soldiers opened fire.

When they finally realized their bullets did nothing, they finally stopped their barrage, only to be immediately killed or knocked unconscious by her own attack. Her triumph was short-lived, however, as the opposing metas had just made their way onto the deck. She stood in appreciation as the shark man tore his way through the THUNDER agents. If he weren't so keen on doing the same to her, she'd congratulate him. Moreso, she didn't think THUNDER would appreciate her sentiment, and Obsidian had no plans to die by anyone's hand just yet. So, instead, she took a defensive position, her eyes scanning the relatively small battlefield.

Taking a chance, she flew into the air, shrouding herself as much as she could before landing behind their enemies. She swept her foot quickly, sending a rapidly growing wave of deadly dark energy in the direction of the three metas and their supporting soldiers.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
GM Post

A few of the 'fly' and 'snake' drones began to spark and fall to the ground no longer functional. The technomancer was catching on though and those that remained began to retreat from the battlefield. Whether this was a tactical move or the technomancer's attention was divided was unclear, but the drones ceased being a threat for the time being. This would help the beleaguered THUNDER forces and allow them to assist in the capture or kill of the opposing metas; Javelin, Bard, and the beast man. A voice would appear in Core's communication device only. "I haven't had a good battle of chess in a while. Maybe next time huh. I know when I am outgunned. Good luck finding the intel you are after."

The smoke grenade thrown by Nessa would waft into the air, signalling for the support forces to emerge from the sea. Several sets of grappling hooks shot up and attached to the deck itself. Three squads of heavily armed THUNDER troops swarmed the deck and claimed strategic positions, capturing the foot soldiers effectively removing them from the battle. Among the captured there were communication devices, ammunition and explosives.

One of the squads that remained uncaptured attempted to subdue Wrecker, although their attacks seemed to be doing little to slow down let alone discourage the meta from continuing on knocking them aside as if they were nothing. One soldier fired from his wrist a trio of bolts that looked to be connected to a power source on his arm. Electricity would surge through the bolts as they attempted to impact the man.

Nyra's mind whether by intuition or just well practiced use in magic managed to find a hole in Bard's defense only briefly, but did manage to singe his combat suit. Bard growled in annoyance, pushing his powers further to counteract Nyra's own abilities, but the distraction for the moment caused his protections over Javelin to weaken. The glistening sheen that was the barrier protecting her seemed a little more than a token effort.

"Infilitration Team we've managed to break through whatever was protecting the ship and we have a floor plan. It looks like the intelligence room is on the third subfloor of the basement and there are two security stations between there and the hatch. There are also holding cells on the second floor across from the security station. They may be housing prisoners valuable to them or at the very least not on good terms", the Lieutenant spoke into over the communication channel.

Serena noticing the magical battle commencing overhead took notice and sped back towards the deck, charging back into the battle. She was no longer trying to be careful. This didn't call for that, no this called for something special. Taking notice that Nyra's attack was enough to distract Bard for the time being and weaken Javelin's protections she channeled her own demonic energies which were teeming from the earlier draining of life energy. Her eyes would glow with a familiar warm energy and a beam of white energy would blast through the barrier that was protecting Javelin. She used this moment to create a barrier around the woman that would try and deflect Bard's magic or at the very least make him work harder for it. "Javelin's barrier is down", Serena spoke into the comm.

Ship Floor Plan

Last edited by a moderator:
Shamrock On deck

Nessa on hearing Javelin's defenses are down, or at least minimalized advanced quickly on the enemy meta in an impressive acrobatic fashion. She then went into full offensive press against the other meta. Attacks with feet and staff with constant movement. Nessa wanted Javelin to have no ranged options without opening herself up to even more damaging attacks. Nessa even went as far as throwing a few blows towards Bard if he were close enough to his partner.

Should she win the day, the young woman known as Shamrock would quickly restrain javelin with Zip ties, perhaps giving nearby agents some idea that the young woman had some skill with restraints. Shamrock then unceremoniously dumps Javelin's restrained body near a few Thunder agents and follow the others downstairs. Nessa not intent on staying long in level one, quickly moving to level two.

@Esper @Joan @Shizuochan @Tyrannosaurus Rekt @mr_pibbs @anyone else I missed

Reactions: Joan