• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roan nodded "You did what you could, but a grudge is a grudge, and I have a feeling your brother isn't exactly himself anymore..." He looked around before explaining further "When I moved back here after my mother passed away, she told me to take care of her possessions, which I brought over here as well... I'm not sure if I could find anything usefull in there, but I'll try my best." He finished, sinking back into his seat waiting for the food to arrive, he knew this problem needed to be resolved sooner or later, otherwise things might get much worse.
"no don't he'll just hurt you if you even tried...my brothers a hopeless man forget em"Carl said feeling just a guilty as his brother.
The waiter came back with the food, placing it on the table " will that be all for you guys tonight?" he asked as he look at the clock, it was amost closing time.

Roan nodded again, thanking the waiter, with alot on his mind now. He had a hunch that the gem his father was looking for was more than just a source of money, as it had managed to turn both his father, and Carl's brother against each other in a still ongoing dispute. Greed like that just didn't seem natural...

Roan nodded again, thanking the waiter, with alot on his mind now. He had a hunch that the gem his father was looking for was more than just a source of money, as it had managed to turn both his father, and Carl's brother against each other in a still ongoing dispute. Greed like that just didn't seem natural...
"we should go now, I'm not hungry any how" Carl said as he got up from his seat, walking toward the exit.

Roan agreed, quickly grabbing a small container to put his food in and left some money to pay for it on the table before following Carl out the door. He wasn't exactly hungry right now, but he would feel a little bad just leaving the food there.

Roan agreed, quickly grabbing a small container to put his food in and left some money to pay for it on the table before following Carl out the door. He wasn't exactly hungry right now, but he would feel a little bad just leaving the food there.
the car ride back was silent, they soon arrived in front of Roans home" goodnight"Carl said as he let Roan out of the car, Sia was waving in the distance with scruffy was wagging his tail waitng for Roan to pet him.

"G'night, thanks for the lift." Roan told him, before Carl drove off to his own house. He started walking towards Sia figuring he'd talk with her for a bit before going home himself plus, he needed to pick up Scruffy too.

"G'night, thanks for the lift." Roan told him, before Carl drove off to his own house. He started walking towards Sia figuring he'd talk with her for a bit before going home himself plus, he needed to pick up Scruffy too.
" ...you don't look well you looked better before you went to the doctors place, are you in pain?" Scruffy stood up on his back legs trying to get his attention.

"I'll be alright, all soot covering me kinda hid most of the injuries I guess... But thanks for asking" Roan said, bending down to pet Scruffy making sure not to move his back too much "Doctor said I shouldn't strain my back too much, the coal kinda burned me there..." He said getting up and looking at Sia again, his mind was still swimming with thoughts, he needed to look through what his mother had left behind soon, perhaps find out a little more about that gem his father had found...

"I'll be alright, all soot covering me kinda hid most of the injuries I guess... But thanks for asking" Roan said, bending down to pet Scruffy making sure not to move his back too much "Doctor said I shouldn't strain my back too much, the coal kinda burned me there..." He said getting up and looking at Sia again, his mind was still swimming with thoughts, he needed to look through what his mother had left behind soon, perhaps find out a little more about that gem his father had found...
" oh... well I should leave you to rest, goodnight."Sia said as walked over to her home, with some one waiting in the door way."sia are you coming"
"I'm coming I was saying goodnight." Scruffy opens the door poking it with his nose.

Roan frowned a little when he heard another voice coming from her doorway, he took a quick glance at he driveway spotting her mothers car parked there. Sighing a little with relief, he headed towards the house seeing Scruffy alread opening the door by poking it with his nose. He headed inside with Scruffy following him closely, and went inside, putting the medicine he was still holding onto on his nightstand before collapsing onto his bed his tiredness finally getting the better of him. Since too tired to think of anything else, he off into sleep fairly quickly...

Roans Dream
He was in the mines again running from something, he didn't want to turn back, there wasn't enough time... It was coming for him, but he didn't even know what "It" was supposed to be... Finding the red glow of the setting sun shine down one of the tunnels, he ran towards it without thinking. "Wait... The setting sun casts a more orange glow..." He thought, still running down the tunnel, realizing the red glow was in fact coming from a blood red gem in the shape of a heart, he picked it up and continued running for what seemed like an eternity. The dark presense seemed to be growing closer and closer no matter how fast he tried to run, then he saw the bright light of the sun not too far from him, he forced himself to run faster despite the fact that his legs were starting to feel sore. Finally making it out of the mines, he didn't stop running, heading through the woods towards Sia's house, it was the closest place to run to, but as he drew closer he saw the old man holding a gun to her head with Scruffy barking at him. Roan continued running, heading for the Old Man this time intending to disarm him, the Old Man just laughed and said "Too late!" in a mocking tone a bang sounded as the gun fired just as Roan felt a shap pain in his back and everything went black....
C3682-1.01-carat-ruby-071112_1_LRG.jpg

The Jewel
Back To The Real World
Roan woke up breathing quite hard and covered with sweat, his back still hurt quite badly as he looked around, letting out a large sigh, thankfull that it was just a dream... He put his head in his hands for a moment to stop the dizziness he was feeling, then he got up and took a quick shower washing off the sweat. The water seemed to make his back feel a little better, but looking at it in the mirror, he figured he'd re-opened the scabs that had formed over the burns. He opened the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and took out a fresh roll of bandages, taking off the ones he currently had on over the burns, wincing a little, and rebandaged his back carefully. Remembering the painkillers the nurse had given him, he grabbed the bottle and headed downstairs, filling a glass with some water from the pitcher he had on the dining table. He opened the cap of the pill bottle and shook out two pills, swallowing them before washing them down with the glass of water he had poured himself earlier. Pocketing the painkillers incase he needed it later, he decided to go over to Sia's house, remembering he still needed to help her fix up the house, wondering if her mother, or whoever that was yesterday was sill there. Once he arrived, with Scruffy sniffing around the porch, as he had followed Roan there usual, Roan rang the doorbell and waited for an answer...

Last edited:
Roan frowned a little when he heard another voice coming from her doorway, he took a quick glance at he driveway spotting her mothers car parked there. Sighing a little with relief, he headed towards the house seeing Scruffy alread opening the door by poking it with his nose. He headed inside with Scruffy following him closely, and went inside, putting the medicine he was still holding onto on his nightstand before collapsing onto his bed his tiredness finally getting the better of him. Since too tired to think of anything else, he off into sleep fairly quickly...

Roans Dream
He was in the mines again running from something, he didn't want to turn back, there wasn't enough time... It was coming for him, but he didn't even know what "It" was supposed to be... Finding the red glow of the setting sun shine down one of the tunnels, he ran towards it without thinking. "Wait... The setting sun casts a more orange glow..." He thought, still running down the tunnel, realizing the red glow was in fact coming from a blood red gem in the shape of a heart, he picked it up and continued running for what seemed like an eternity. The dark presense seemed to be growing closer and closer no matter how fast he tried to run, then he saw the bright light of the sun not too far from him, he forced himself to run faster despite the fact that his legs were starting to feel sore. Finally making it out of the mines, he didn't stop running, heading through the woods towards Sia's house, it was the closest place to run to, but as he drew closer he saw the old man holding a gun to her head with Scruffy barking at him. Roan continued running, heading for the Old Man this time intending to disarm him, the Old Man just laughed and said "Too late!" in a mocking tone a bang sounded as the gun fired just as Roan felt a shap pain in his back and everything went black....
C3682-1.01-carat-ruby-071112_1_LRG.jpg

The Jewel
Back To The Real World
Roan woke up breathing quite hard and covered with sweat, his back still hurt quite badly as he looked around, letting out a large sigh, thankfull that it was just a dream... He put his head in his hands for a moment to stop the dizziness he was feeling, then he got up and took a quick shower washing off the sweat. The water seemed to make his back feel a little better, but looking at it in the mirror, he figured he'd re-opened the scabs that had formed over the burns. He opened the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and took out a fresh roll of bandages, taking off the ones he currently had on over the burns, wincing a little, and rebandaged his back carefully. Remembering the painkillers the nurse had given him, he grabbed the bottle and headed downstairs, filling a glass with some water from the pitcher he had on the dining table. He opened the cap of the pill bottle and shook out two pills, swallowing them before washing them down with the glass of water he had poured himself earlier. Pocketing the painkillers incase he needed it later, he decided to go over to Sia's house, remembering he still needed to help her fix up the house, wondering if her mother, or whoever that was yesterday was sill there. Once he arrived, with Scruffy sniffing around the porch, as he had followed Roan there usual, Roan rang the doorbell and waited for an answer...
The door rushed open, ''what is it speak your mind quickly I'm very busy" says a sturn woman standing in the doorway

It surprised Roan to see another person standing at the door, but he figured it was Sia's mother judging from the fact that her car was still parked in the driveway. "Sorry for interrupting you but, I'm here to help Sia fix up the house a little... I didn't get to finish up last time..." He said calmly even despite being a little surprised.

It surprised Roan to see another person standing at the door, but he figured it was Sia's mother judging from the fact that her car was still parked in the driveway. "Sorry for interrupting you but, I'm here to help Sia fix up the house a little... I didn't get to finish up last time..." He said calmly even despite being a little surprised.
" hmm oh yes ...I'd forgotten, but I was told about your condition, your not suppose to be working I thought Mr Roan?" she said confused

"I'd say as long as I'm not putting too much strain on my back things should be fine." He said a little awkwardly, he was gonna feel quite bad if he couldn't get the job done...

"I'd say as long as I'm not putting too much strain on my back things should be fine." He said a little awkwardly, he was gonna feel quite bad if he couldn't get the job done...
The woman looked at Roan looking a bit furstrated," I won't have to sick children in here if I let you in and you destroy your back because you've done something wrong, I'll have to live with it on my head." Sia peeks her head underneath the bottom of her mothers arm, to see who was speaking. '' Sia what are you doing out of bed! you children are stressing me out your not listening" Sia's mother says with a sigh .

Roan looked a little guilty realizing it might not have been the best idea to come here "Don't worry about my back, I'm aware moving it too much wouldn't be the best thing to do, but thanks for the concern." he said, with a faint smile, Sia's mother reminded him of his own mother whom was now deceased... He turned to Sia whom had gotten out of bed to see him "Er... How are you doing Sia?" he asked her quietly, he felt his face turning a little red again.

Roan looked a little guilty realizing it might not have been the best idea to come here "Don't worry about my back, I'm aware moving it too much wouldn't be the best thing to do, but thanks for the concern." he said, with a faint smile, Sia's mother reminded him of his own mother whom was now deceased... He turned to Sia whom had gotten out of bed to see him "Er... How are you doing Sia?" he asked her quietly, he felt his face turning a little red again.
"I'm fine what about yourself, you didn't look very well last night?"she answered looking abit tired " Sia you are far from fine!""it was nothing I told you"" you stopped breathing thats hardly nothing! Mr Roan you'd better come in or Sia will never rerturn to her bed,and you look in need of a meal yourself." Sia's mother said as she pulled him in the house .

"Oh, that... I think the lack of lseep kinda caught up with me there..." Roan said, a little uncertainly, hearing that she had stopped breathing at some point made a worried look cross his face. Though he nodded and came in when Sia's mother invited him in thanking her. He looked back at Scruffy whom began following him inside "Hey... You won't mind if my dog came in would you?" he asked Sia's mother a little nervously, looking back at her.

"Oh, that... I think the lack of lseep kinda caught up with me there..." Roan said, a little uncertainly, hearing that she had stopped breathing at some point made a worried look cross his face. Though he nodded and came in when Sia's mother invited him in thanking her. He looked back at Scruffy whom began following him inside "Hey... You won't mind if my dog came in would you?" he asked Sia's mother a little nervously, looking back at her.
" I don't mind, bring him in"Sia's mother said as she touched Sia's forehead checking for a fever. Sia looked at them both with a tired smile" I'm fine I just need more sleep mabe"
Sia's mother looks at her with a worried expression, wondering what could have started the problems.

Roan was thankfull Sia's mother agreed to let Scruffy in, he looked back at Sia quite worried, not sure how she suddenly started developing problems... Could it have been the coal they inhaled when they were buried under it by Carl's brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.