• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"your not thinking possibly of ending it are ya?"

"your not thinking possibly of ending it are ya?"
"No... It's nothing like that." Roan said, a little surprised at the doctors conclusion, the cuts would have been on his wrists if that was the case...

"No... It's nothing like that." Roan said, a little surprised at the doctors conclusion, the cuts would have been on his wrists if that was the case...

"would you tell me if you were?'' he asked with a yawn

"No, not likely that I would." Roan said, "I probably wouldn't be here if I was." he thought to himself, it started to bother him that the doctor brought up the subject all of a sudden. The memories that came along with it weren't really the most pleasant ones, or ones he'd want to reflect on right now.

" alright good for you , now I'm ganna use this to clean your back, you'll use this to clean your back daily, if you can't afford it just use regular soap,thats all this stuff is any how."
After cleaning Roan's back, he started to bandage up his scars.
''ok so no work for at least five weeks... good for you..."
the Doctor walks down the hallway to get ready to go home. The nurse steps in," Hi how are you!"she said with a smile

Roan smiled back a little awkwardly "Better than I was before." he said, trying to keep his tone of voice casual.

Roan smiled back a little awkwardly "Better than I was before." he said, trying to keep his tone of voice casual.
"okaaay so I'm ganna give you these pain killers, kay just in case you feel more pain...ok your all done haha oh ease up abit no work kay...'' she say as she smacks her gum loudly.

Carl waits for Roan in the car hoping he's not hurt to badly.

Nodding, Roan takes the painkillers from the Nurse carefully "Thanks, hopefully I won't have to use them." He said before walking out of the hospital making sure not to use his back too much and stepping into the car with Carl. He thought back on that old man that had probably been arrested by now, he wondered what he was trying to do with him and Sia, not to mention why he was so protective about his bear pits which he was starting to doubt were even legal...

Nodding, Roan takes the painkillers from the Nurse carefully "Thanks, hopefully I won't have to use them." He said before walking out of the hospital making sure not to use his back too much and stepping into the car with Carl. He thought back on that old man that had probably been arrested by now, he wondered what he was trying to do with him and Sia, not to mention why he was so protective about his bear pits which he was starting to doubt were even legal...
"...so how'd it go buddy...you look a whole lot better you feel ok?" Carl asked a he looked back at him from the drivers seat.

"Yeah, I think I'll be fine for the most part." Roan said, figuring just as long as he doesn't move his back too much for a while things should come off just fine... The storm helped minimize the damage thankfully, though he hadn't felt the burns with all that andrenaline still running through him at the time.

"Yeah, I think I'll be fine for the most part." Roan said, figuring just as long as he doesn't move his back too much for a while things should come off just fine... The storm helped minimize the damage thankfully, though he hadn't felt the burns with all that andrenaline still running through him at the time.
Carl started the car " is there somethin bothering you?...you can tell me I won't tell nobody."Carl said as he glanced up at the mirror looking at Roan.
he began driving away .

Thinking for a moment, Roan seemed to have a distant look in his eyes "Well, have you heard of some sort of old man living in the woods? Or any pit traps being found in someones yard as a matter of fact?" He asked him, he lived in this town for over a year by now, yet he felt there might be more to find out about it than what he currently knew.

Thinking for a moment, Roan seemed to have a distant look in his eyes "Well, have you heard of some sort of old man living in the woods? Or any pit traps being found in someones yard as a matter of fact?" He asked him, he lived in this town for over a year by now, yet he felt there might be more to find out about it than what he currently knew.
for a while Carl was silent."well I.. you see the oldman in the woods he...look let me stop on the side some place I can't drive and talk about this,...theres a diner over there,
if your hungry I'll treat you to somethin...and I tell you what you need to know...
Carls said with a blank look on his face.

Carls reaction worried Roan, but he nodded in agreement, he had many questions but he knew that all of them might not be answered right now... He looked at the diner, hoping there wouldn't be too many people in there at this time, otherwise they might have to head somewhere else to talk...

Carls reaction worried Roan, but he nodded in agreement, he had many questions but he knew that all of them might not be answered right now... He looked at the diner, hoping there wouldn't be too many people in there at this time, otherwise they might have to head somewhere else to talk...
they arrived at the diner, and Carl walked all the way to the back of the diner, and set down " Roan there are things a man wants to know and things he shouldn't...and things he wish he didn't know...Carl said as he looked pass Roan

Roan had to agree "I've had my share of secrets... But what's been seen can't be unseen..." he spoke, remembering that mine, and that dark presense he felt down there... It was just another persons dark secret he had stumbled across, something that had happened to him more than once.

Roan had to agree "I've had my share of secrets... But what's been seen can't be unseen..." he spoke, remembering that mine, and that dark presense he felt down there... It was just another persons dark secret he had stumbled across, something that had happened to him more than once.
hmm well you see...june the oldman was my brother, we were close ...and your father was fond of us as well we were fond of him, any ways we use to play in that same yard with the pits only their not bear pits you know ,as boys we didn't know what they were, we just knew we loved playing make belive in em, well one day your father saw somethin , so he went take a closer look,he found a gem , we agreed we'd split it up fifty fifty at least that was your fathers idea was, but my brother june, didn't like that idea for some reason , I guess because he was the first one to find the old pits, way down in the forest , that was his favorite place to play , he never told nobody about it at first, but he figured it would be fun, if we all played there, so any how back to the point , June didn't want your father or me to sale the gem,I knew how selfish my brother could be with his things, so i didn't stress it to much ..." he said being interrupted by a waiter " can I get you guys anything?''

Looking a momet at the menu they had Roan came to a quick decision "I'd like some well done steak please, maybe a glass of water too." he told her, as he figured a meal like this wouldn't be to expensive, but would take a little while to prepare. Thinking about what Carl told him, he remembered his parents telling him about some sort of gem they were looking for, but he couldn't quite remember what it was called, or what it looked like, he'd need to do a little more searching for that...

"as I was sayin your father turned red about that I remember him running home, afterwards I tried to run after him but once he was angry , there was no catching him , I was just hoping he wouldn't blame me for my brothers actions, my brother was aways wild violent , he...pushed your father in the river , when your father tried to pick himself up , my brother punched him in his chest, and like i say your father ain't like that no way but he wasn't gonna back down either, later that night I was sleepin in my bed, when I heard digging sound like, I got up and saw you father stealing what he saw as his , and I didn't relize my brother was sitting in the tree the whole time watching him steal from the pits, so anyway I was expecting my brother to hit back with mad revenge but he didn't till years later when we thought they were friends again but that was not the case, my brother knew your mother was expecting a baby boy, he wanted you in return of the things your father stole, your father stood his ground but he was often threatened by June and he ment business, one time I recall him trying to steal you right out of your mothers hands when you were just born, I wanted to help because I knew soon my brother would hurt some one, so I built a cabin in a hidden spot my brother never knew of, ...my brother hunted day in night sleepless nights to find your family ,when he did you were growing well , he could no longer lie to you about who your parents were , you were well attached to them, my brother did something ... but I...don't know much he kicked me out of his life but some how he ran your parents off... I'm sorry I couldn't do much for you.."

Roan nodded "You did what you could, but a grudge is a grudge, and I have a feeling your brother isn't exactly himself anymore..." He looked around before explaining further "When I moved back here after my mother passed away, she told me to take care of her possessions, which I brought over here as well... I'm not sure if I could find anything usefull in there, but I'll try my best." He finished, sinking back into his seat waiting for the food to arrive, he knew this problem needed to be resolved sooner or later, otherwise things might get much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.