Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEs I am going to edit those in. I read in the rules you can post your CS and edit. That way you have a spot in the RP...correct?
Correct. I was assuming you were going to edit it; just making sure that wasn't your finished CS. X)

Correct. I was assuming you were going to edit it; just making sure that wasn't your finished CS. X)
Alrighty, tell me what you think of the profile.

Alrighty, tell me what you think of the profile.
Will do! But first, I'm gonna take a nap. Lazy Jakers is lazy. But expect it to be accepted; I'll get on to a proper review/ability mechanics after I catch some Z's.

Once Kagekaioh creates his CS, we'll have 11 players! Woo! Expect an update tomorrow or the day after, but we're getting close to starting this thing.

I'm tempted to put a poll to place bets on who will die first, but I'm not feeling THAT morbid. You'll all be working together on this, after all. (Or wandering off alone. Or killing each other. Whatever takes your fancy.)

I'm tempted to put a poll to place bets on who will die first, but I'm not feeling THAT morbid. You'll all be working together on this, after all. (Or wandering off alone. Or killing each other. Whatever takes your fancy.)

My money's on the Evil Card guy! Anyone else wanting in this action

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

2rgi2ax.jpg

Name: Ashryn Eshenesra
Contestant Number: 6
Personality:
P-o-s-i-t-i-v-e

Adventurous
Dependable
Dauntless (Mostly)
Optimistic
Exuberant

N-e-g-a-t-i-v-e

Impulsive
Shy
Disorganized
Naive
Hot-tempered
Backstory:
N-o-w-

Stolen from the world of Azeroli she was chosen to compete in the 8th group as constant No. 6.

T-h-e-n

Ever since she was a young elf she loved animals and learned how to track them through her teacher who was a native wood elf. Ashryn, although is not a wood elf she took up quickly the skills of one. She is in face a high born elf of royalty. But that didn't stop her from doing what she loved most. Adventure. Ashryn being royalty, was never one to participate in physical activities, so she is kind of frail without being fragile.

Ashryn has read so many books, but only half heartedly because she wasn't interested when she was younger. Though she sometimes wish she had paid more attention to her studies. When she was old enough to safely hold daggers or knives, she was taught the ways of self defense. But not only that, when she became of age, she leanred something unique about herself that none of her brethren could ever do. She was able to reach into the Nether realm and pull out a creature so horrifyingly cute. Despite it's adorable appearance, it can be deadly. Think of it as a beautiful rose, or very colorful poisoned frog.

Stats: (You have 17 points to use in total. Having 0 in a stat means they're downright useless in that aspect. What each stat does is described below.)
The Bear (Strength): 1
The Mountain (Endurance): 1
The Library (Knowledge): 3
The Eagle (Accuracy): 5
The Cheetah (Agility): 7

Abilities:
Born Tracker
- Easily able to track/follow animal tracks.
Wild Dance of Blades - Swiftly strikes multiple times while dancing
Camouflaged Strike - Sneaks up on her enemy using the scenery
Tri-Force Summoning - Summons a creature from the nether realm Trifecta (Mini Hydra)
  • Trifecta is able to breath a small amount of fire. It's hand (other heads) can breath ice and lightning. The drawback to being it can only use one at a time. If it tries to use all three or just even two, the effects on it's summoner would be devastating. i.e. Bodily Injury.

• Stats are as follows:
    Bear: 0
    Mountain: 2
    Library: 5
    Eagle: 3
    Cheetah: 0

Starting Karma: Good

Starting Weapon: Dagger

Preferred Flavour: Cherry
Good work! Accepted, though I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 'Stolen' from Azeroli. Yakazuma doesn't force people to do Shi No Gemu; it's all volunteers. So I'm a little curious at to why she'd join and not stay in her elf land.

Unsure which colour you'd prefer. Zombehs already has red violet, so I went with purple. Tell me if you'd like the colour changed.

eGX9Vff.jpg

You are now Ashryn Eshenesra, 6th​ member of Group 8.

y o u r
a d v e n t u r e
b e g i n s

Here's how your abilities will work mechanically.

Born Tracker: Highly increases tracking skills, and can reveal the position of animals (or other living creatures that make tracks.)
Wild Dance of Blades: Ashryn's next attack is harder to perform, but will deal bonus damage and has a reduced chance to be blocked/parried effectively.
Camouflaged Strike: When in foliage, Ashryn can sneak up on opponents easier - unwary opponents hit by a sneak attack will usually take critical damage.
Tri-Force Summoning: Summons a small creature with the following stats: 0STR, 2END, 5INT, 3ACU, 0AGI. The creature can deal light damage in a small area using either lightning breath, ice breath, or fire breath. (Can only use one at once.) Ashryn can only have 1 Trifecta at once. Trifecta will disappear if used for too long.

And now, there's only one spot left! I won't actually put a poll up for who you all think's going to die first, that'd be a bit cruel.

Tomorrow, I'll put a post regarding how posting is going to work in different situations, and posting expectations. I've probably already mentioned this, but this isn't an RP for people who like to post just one paragraph and focus on getting super duper powerful without actually properly RP'ing your character. This is a mixture of gameplay and creative writing. Not just one of those. Hopefully you'll get to do some character development, too, because character development is fun. : )

I should also mention Training Sessions are still open for now if any of you want them; just look at my availability schedule on the updates list and click my name to see my local timezone.

Stay fresh, peeps. And if you'd to change anything with your CS (such as making abilities more interesting for example or changing your stat build because you realise it isn't what you had in mind), NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT. Just notify me if you do end up changing some of your character's stuff, kay?

I'm going to change the Bio. So she's not stolen and is a volunteer. Everything else will stay the same.

Also I'm fine with purple

Unless that's what he wants, and it means absolutely nothing. It's a trick. A conspiracy!
Haha, it is a bit intriguing, isn't it? Is it meaningless, or is it our destiny? I hope picking blood orange doesn't result in my character dying a horribly gruesome death XD Though I guess the possibility for that is fairly high regardless of flavor choice. :P

I might change one of Luther's abilities. Specifically either dragons breath or flame @Jakers

(I am still editing his back story, but I wanted to get this up before that last slot was taken up.)

¥ Name ¥
Ziu Hei-ji
(Hei-ji Ziu to westerners)

¥ Age ¥

¥ Contestant Number ¥

¥ Appearance ¥
[spoili]
5ehehc.jpg
[/spoili]

¥ Personality ¥

-Placid-
Hei is nearly always calm, taking whatever life may throw at him in stride. This even temper comes from years of practice, though, and while it may take a lot to unnerve him, it can happen. Should you be the one to break this tranquility, pray for mercy.

-Honorable-
Due to his upbringing and training, Hei has a strong sense of morality and a strict code of conduct.

-Calculating-
Always looking before he leaps, Hei takes his time, accessing new information and situations before acting. Should a situation be deemed unworthy of the effort or risk, he will back down. Should he find it rewarding, though, he will give everything he has to it.

-Distrustful-
Hei has always relied on himself, and is not likely to change his ways anytime soon. While he will give others the credit and respect they deserve, he is suspicious of others until they gain his hard-earned trust.

-Studious-
Hei is observant, and through years of simply watching the world around him, he can now learn much of a person’s personality and skills without ever speaking to them. He can also pick up on small details others might miss in their surroundings.

¥ Backstory ¥
Hei grew up in a small outreach of Yakazuma. This poor but lively district is the home to immigrants from a nation known as Wu. The families that live there are oft forgotten by much of the city, but the proud peoples do not seem to mind it, as they have carved their own niche in the city’s trade business. They provide a wide range of exotic spices and fine fabric goods to the wealthier classes, at the expense of their own status. Still, this humble rank in the city allowed the Wu to uphold their cultural traditions.

Though his parents only run a small eatery here, they were well-known in their homeland. Once part of the nation’s fierce military, the name Ziu commands respect among their kind. Like many they gave up their lives to take a daring chance to further the reach of the proud nation. Prepared for hardship, they rely strongly on the four core ideals of the Wu to carry them: Honor, Tranquility, Balance and Strength.

As he grew, more and more issues arose between those born of Yakazuma and the Wu. Tales of homes being robbed and peddlers being mugged became more frequent. The Wu were no longer gaining footing in the recovering city, they were falling prey to the chaos. Hei, an aggressive child at the time, raged over the injustice, instigating fights with the native Yakazuma children nearby. This brought Hei’s parents to begin teaching him the ways of a Wu warrior, giving him the knowledge to defend himself and others, though only in honor and respect. He slowly began to channel his anger into this training, his temper leveling and his views of the Wu’s situation changing. No longer did he hate or blame the Yakazuma people, instead, he birthed a determination to correct it.

Now, in the eighth year of the Shi no Gemu, he will make that change. He will be the first Wu to willingly compete in the trials, and he would succeed.

¥ Stats ¥
The Bear (Strength): 2
The Mountain (Endurance): 4
The Cheetah (Agility): 3

¥ Abilities ¥

-Martial artist (passive)-
Hei is trained in the art of warfare and hand-to-hand combat. This gives him a bonus to attacks with hands and feet or his preferred weapon types: kusarigama (sickle or dagger with chain), Jian (short sword) and guandao (glaive).

-Zen-
Through use of a short meditation exercise, Hei is typically able to regain a sense of control and calm quickly, allowing him to focus on other tasks with renewed vigor. (+1 to next used stat, after meditation)

-Tanhuan Ji (paralyzing strike)-
A quick jab that is used to render an opponent's limb useless. This move can be achieved through hand-to-hand combat or a well-placed, ranged strike with his kusarigama. The latter is harder to accomplish.

-Chefang Ji (disarming strike)-
A swift movement that allows him a chance to disarm an opponent. Various weapons give him different results. Using a sword or glaive, the weapon is thrown away from the user and damage is dealt, with his hands or kusarigama, he has a chance of taking the weapon for himself, but no damage is dealt to the opponent.

¥ Starting Karma ¥
Neutral

¥ Starting Weapon ¥
Kusarigama (sickle and rope)

¥ Preferred Flavour ¥
None of these

Last edited:
(I am still editing his back story, but I wanted to get this up before that last slot was taken up.)

¥ Name ¥
Ziu Hei-ji
(Hei-ji Ziu to westerners)

¥ Age ¥

¥ Contestant Number ¥

¥ Appearance ¥
[spoili]
5ehehc.jpg
[/spoili]

¥ Personality ¥

-Placid-
Hei is nearly always calm, taking whatever life may throw at him in stride. This even temper comes from years of practice, though, and while it may take a lot to unnerve him, it can happen. Should you be the one to break this tranquility, pray for mercy.

-Honorable-
Due to his upbringing and training, Hei has a strong sense of morality and a strict code of conduct.

-Calculating-
Always looking before he leaps, Hei takes his time, accessing new information and situations before acting. Should a situation be deemed unworthy of the effort or risk, he will back down. Should he find it rewarding, though, he will give everything he has to it.

-Distrustful-
Hei has always relied on himself, and is not likely to change his ways anytime soon. While he will give others the credit and respect they deserve, he is suspicious of others until they gain his hard-earned trust.

-Studious-
Hei is observant, and through years of simply watching the world around him, he can now learn much of a person’s personality and skills without ever speaking to them. He can also pick up on small details others might miss in their surroundings.

¥ Backstory ¥

¥ Stats ¥
The Bear (Strength): 2
The Mountain (Endurance): 4
The Cheetah (Agility): 3

¥ Abilities ¥

-Martial artist (passive)-
Hei is trained in the art of warfare and hand-to-hand combat. This gives him a bonus to attacks with hands and feet or his preferred weapon types: kusarigama (sickle or dagger with chain), Jian (short sword) and guandao (glaive).

-Zen-
Through use of a short meditation exercise, Hei is typically able to regain a sense of control and calm quickly, allowing him to focus on other tasks with renewed vigor. (+1 to next used stat, after meditation)

-Tanhuan Ji (paralyzing strike)-
A quick jab that is used to render an opponent's limb useless. This move can be achieved through hand-to-hand combat or a well-placed, ranged strike with his kusarigama. The latter is harder to accomplish.

-Chefang Ji (disarming strike)-
A swift movement that allows him a chance to disarm an opponent. Various weapons give him different results. Using a sword or glaive, the weapon is thrown away from the user and damage is dealt, with his hands or kusarigama, he has a chance of taking the weapon for himself, but no damage is dealt to the opponent.

¥ Starting Karma ¥
Neutral

¥ Starting Weapon ¥
Kusarigama (sickle and rope)

¥ Preferred Flavour ¥
None of these
Wonderful! Accepted for now, seeing as you're going to edit in the backstory.

jBNJybk.png

You are now Ziu Hei-ji, 8th​ and final member of Group 8.

. . . you can't find zen or meditate in hell son

Here's how his abilities work mechanically. And I really enjoy martial arts by the way, so I'm liking his fighting style. Kusarigami are awesome. I buffed Zen, because +1 to a stat isn't enough of a reward to do nothing for 1 turn.

Martial Artist: Increased to-hit/critical chance with unarmed, glaive, shortsword and kusarigama attacks.
Zen: Hei spends a turn meditating, giving him a temporary +2 bonus to his next used stat. If he uses this in combat, the +2 bonus lasts for 3 turns.
Tanhaun Ji: Hei's next attack has a chance to paralyse one of his opponent's limbs, giving them a large debuff depending on the limb hit.
Chefang Ji: Hei's next attack has a large chance to disarm his opponent. Disarming with a sword or glaive will cause Chefang Ji to do bonus damage. Disarming with unarmed attacks or a kusarigama will lalow Hei to take the enemy's weapon for himself.

Woohoo! 11 Players!

EXPECT A MONSTER UPDATE IN THE UPCOMING WEEK! If you could somehow show that you're still here (by rating this post, posting something, etc), that'd be greatly appreciated.

If you feel like you can't commit to an RP with a one post per 3-4 days order, now would be the time to drop out.[/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. I shall get his backstory done ASAP. *smiles* I am glad you appreciate what I have done for his skills; I am a martial artist myself and his style reflects my own, as it focuses on agility and dexterity rather than strength to defeat an opponent. Also, I am happy with the +2 bonus for Zen. I was hesitant to put anything more than a +1, as I was not sure how you would rate the skill.

Oh, and I wanted to clarify what I mean by meditation. While he can use the well-known method of sitting and falling into a full meditative state, this obviously would not be a smart thing to do when danger is present. Thus, he uses a skill I was taught with my training; it basically it meditative motion. He can pay attention to his surroundings and pace/circle while relaxing his body and clearing his mind. It is a bit hard to explain in depth, but once you know how, you start doing it at a constant. Whenever I go for a walk, I use meditative motion. I actually focus better this way than just sitting and meditating. Anyway, I figure this would give Zen a chance to fail, should he be struck or need to made an abrupt movement to dodge. Is this acceptable?

Oh, and I wanted to clarify what I mean by meditation. While he can use the well-known method of sitting and falling into a full meditative state, this obviously would not be a smart thing to do when danger is present. Thus, he uses a skill I was taught with my training; it basically it meditative motion. He can pay attention to his surroundings and pace/circle while relaxing his body and clearing his mind. It is a bit hard to explain in depth, but once you know how, you start doing it at a constant. Whenever I go for a walk, I use meditative motion. I actually focus better this way than just sitting and meditating. Anyway, I figure this would give Zen a chance to fail, should he be struck or need to made an abrupt movement to dodge. Is this acceptable?
Yep, that's fine~.

Now it's time for the fun to start! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.