Saving the World In Spite of Ourselves

IS HE?!?!?!?! DUN DUN DUN

If I told you, that'd spoil all the fun :)

Looking forward to your post!

Reactions: Closer
YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!

Also, awesome! I'm excited for posties!

I would like to ask something first, fairyland is obviously well aware of the multiple planets, are all the planets aware of one another? Is it likely that blaze would know of the other worlds?

Reactions: Midian
Thanks for asking!

Fairyland is aware of all of its progeny. Yes, progeny! I was going to make a grand reveal later, but for the sake of clarity and informed players I might as well go ahead:

All of the worlds were at one point Fairyland and are future emanations of it. Basically: as Fairyland progresses and changes (as is inevitable) once it reaches a certain threshhold of being unlike it's original self it splits: the "new" component, basically a modified copy of Fairyland, continues changing and growing on its merry way. The remaining Fairyland resets to a more primitive era than it was before it split off. It's almost impossible to remember a reset and sometimes the world is still changed in odd ways when the new components are removed (like people or places going missing). This process makes Fairyland relatively static, like a master copy making prints.

Those buds have become the worlds in the RP. On the whole they are not aware of each other or Fairyland, but individuals within them are varying degrees of aware. Blaze would likely not have known anything about the other worlds.

I thought as much, I had a read back through the sign ups and I couldn't find anything telling me the worlds were aware. I will post on the basis that Blaze has just been dropped on a new world, if he can wrap his head around it that is.

:D NOW I WILL MAKE A POST ! <3

Reactions: Kura
Awesome! I'll probably be at work when you do it, but I'll read it when I get home!

Oh you guys, Liking and Loving my post. You are gonna make me blush sheeesh :3

I'm here! Just, uh... give me a momment characters take time.

sherlock_by_dsmiler-d4yp4js.jpg

Name: Rez Mastë
Homeworld: Waterworld
Race: Clockwork (appears human)

Notable Features: Rez is a clockwork, meaning he is a machine of cogs powered by a spring, located where his heart should be. Many of his gears, especially in his brain, are microscopic. He appears and functions almost exactly like a human, except he cannot eat or drink, has a slower reaction times, and sees only in black and white. He has two points where his spring can be winded, one directly at his chest, by people using a key he carries around, and one on his back, for machinery. His skin is very textured, but his frame is close to the surface of his skin, so he doesn't like people touching him. Rez was made to look in his 20's.

History: Rez was created by a mechanic named Professor Hanaphs Mastë. Rez was raised by him, and called him father. Rez often helped the professor with work and around the house, and they grew a strong bond. The professor died when Rez was 15. He couldn't take over the professor's job because of the boss, and the only job avaliable was train conductor. Life began to slow down, and became boring and repeatitive. He seemed to be waiting for something, but didn't know what.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Kura and Midian
OOOOOoooooo I love the new post !

I cant wait until I am up agaiiiinnn >:)

• Love
Is there still a chance for me to join this RP?

Hey gang!

JUST wanted to let you guys know that it may be a couple days before Midi or I am able to post. Our internet is currently on the Fritz, and I had a very exciting day in the ER unable to breathe. So just so you guys know, we haven't forgotten you! Just having technical difficulties. :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Hey gang!

JUST wanted to let you guys know that it may be a couple days before Midi or I am able to post. Our internet is currently on the Fritz, and I had a very exciting day in the ER unable to breathe. So just so you guys know, we haven't forgotten you! Just having technical difficulties. :)

Get well soon <3

Hi guys! We've resolved the broken Kura and internet problems for the most part and it looks like we're online now! Neither of us have been at home very much in the past week, but don't worry! Posts are coming and my schedule will be settling down very shortly. I'm so sorry for the wait, but I promise my posting schedule should get more regular within the next week or so. Thanks for bearing with us!

Quick note guys: We are coming to the big get-together of everyone. I will be posting part two shortly, but I'm out of time for tonight. So read, don't reply yet, and enjoy the cliffhanger!

If you have not entered the RP at all or have not posted lately, please message me BEFORE you post and please don't jump right in. I have a particular way I need this to unfold and I have to do it with my ducks in a row.

BUT we are almost out of the prologue phase of the RP! Shit will only be getting realer from here on out!

• Love
All right ladies and gentlemen! The prologue phase is officially over and the RP is open to posting again, so I'm excited to see what you all write :)

Alright, here is my character! Let me know if there are any issues with the profile or if something I wrote contradicts some previously established information about Paradise Island. Or if she's just totally awful I do have a couple villains cackling away in my brain.

219215bd-47da-4078-95f9-5c032eb8ea03_zpsc06842aa.jpg

Name: Jacklyn Lockwood
Homeworld: Paradise Island
Race: Witch
Notable Features: A black barcode on her left arm, a few inches below her wrist. This marks her as a repeated offender of Paradise Island's directives and allows for easier processing for future transgressions.

History: Jacklyn comes from a long, long line of "witches." She was raised up on a rich oral history of the "Old World" her ancestors hailed from and all the magic and creatures that existed there. Or, as Jack fondly refers to it as, "Grandma's bat-shit crazy talk." No, Jacklyn knows the truth of this world, there is no magic here and if there was, it would only be abused and used to oppress.

The world Jack knows is harsh and demanding, constantly taking from everyone and stealing their humanity. She has made it her life's mission to fight against this totalitarian regime any way she can. Of course, the rebellion hasn't gained much footing yet, or if it has she hasn't exactly been clued in on it. Mostly she rebels in small ways likes spray painting slogans across building faces and lying to any authority figure within hearing distance.

Mostly, she sticks to her small antique shop in the Lower Market, two doors down from the opium den. She believes that heirlooms are our reminders of the past, they are a piece of our identity and keep us connected to who our ancestors were and what they aspired to create. Jacklyn herself keeps her heirloom close to her heart, a heavy jade pendulum hung from a silver chain. The pendant had been passed down through the generations of her family and was said to be heavily endowed with protective magic. This was more of the family bullshit of course, but it had been a gift from her Grandma and she would cherish it always. Even if the damn rock had yet to protect her from a single thing.

Reason for Living: To combat her government.
Greatest Fear: Losing her Grandmother.
Most Secret Dream: To personally dismantle the Mechanical Messiah.
Useless Skill(s): Perfect omelet. Every. Damn. Time.
Favorite Food: Omelets, obviously.
Theme Song:

• Love
Reactions: Kura and Midian
Love it Harper! I'm waiting on the character from our other new player and as soon as she posts that up I'm going to get you two into the RP!