Saving the World In Spite of Ourselves

The picture for blaze has arrived, courtesy of my friend Tim :D
Sorry about the wait ! <3

owens_pic_by_hobbitswithouthomes-d6fg9g4.jpg

Hey guys! I've been enjoying reading all of your responses and I'm excited to see our characters coming together! To that end, however, I think we've hit a bit of a snag: With so many players (and I am excited to have all of you!) I think some of the people with multiple characters may have to choose which character they want to stay with the main party and which others they want to just be featured in the world they're from. I think our characters will shine much brighter in a smaller traveling party with some really fantastic supporting characters to be their foils, so just kind of let me know who you want to be your primary character and I'll keep it all in my head as I post.

Yea no worries I'm liking how zoduz is going.

I'm away for the weekend people so I'm sending my regards and be back soon, sorry if you are waiting for me I should be on most of the night tonight.

Hey, guys! Sounds like your Interest Thread has matured into a full-blown roleplay!
I'll go ahead and move this to the Fantasy OOC section so things don't get confusing.
Have fun!

Thanks Koene!

As to all of my other players: I'm sorry I haven't been active much this week, but I've had two job interviews and a date since Monday and, well, it gets distracting. If all goes well I may be taking a faculty position at a local college, so wish me luck!

I would also like to see if any of you would be interested in doing a group skype chat to talk about the RP? Obviously no one is forced to do this, but Kura and I think it would be fun and a great way to get everyone on the same page. If you are interested in participating let me know if you could make it to something between 7-10pmish (East Coast, US time) on a Saturday or Sunday.

Sounds good ! I am usually on Skype anyway, but I can only do tomorrow,I go to Spain for a week on Sunday, I may be able to post but I wont be able to Skype.

Oh BTW, I am assuming you are OK with me being British, you will have to overlook my accent :3

No worries HMC, I've got a friend over in Leicester. I don't think anyone's going to mind! I'll post a definite time once I hear from more people!

i would, but i cant useSkype at my house, sorry

I have skype but I to am in England, If and when you have a better Idea of time let me know and I will try my best to be there.

There are more of you Brits that I thought! Awesome! And Kokierra, would you be able to do just the typing and not a video call?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
It's totally okay if you can't! Since we've been talking about pairing Lucas and Shola up I wanted to make sure we stayed in closer communication, but I can always message you here. No worries :)

All right guys and gals! We're coming the end of the prologue of this RP and soon the main group is going to be together (Dante, Lilth, Shola, Piper, Zoduz, Blaze, Lucas, and Nyx). That will start the main journey portion of the RP.

So going in to that I thought I'd make a few notes about how things are going and let you guys know what's going on in mine and Kura's little corner of the world. If you haven't noticed that my posting has slowed down, it has because I've started back to work. In a week or so the semester will start and it looks as though I will be working two jobs in addition to grad school and have tentatively begun a new relationship. What that means is: one, my posting will probably be limited to once or twice a week. Two, Kura, my lovely roommate, is going to be co-GMing with me in this RP to help move the story along when I'm swamped.

Three is the big one: I am not requiring you guys to post as quickly as you do since I cannot keep up that pace. You all have some really amazing characters and I think you all have the ability to really contribute to the RP to make it a great read for all of the other players and the people reading along. Quality posts make everyone excited to read and participate and I think we all owe it to each other to try to make this as fun for everyone as possible. Our roles as GMs is to facilitate and run this so that we all get to hone our writing and have fun doing it.

So I'd like to challenge all of you to really engage your fellow players. Take more time to write longer, more detailed, more interactive posts. Take a day, or even two days, but give the person after you something to run with. Talk to each other if you aren't already! Talk to me and Kura if you'd like to do something daring or aggressive in the RP. Come to us with ideas, concerns, questions! I want to point out in particular (but not exclusively) Kura and Captain Scrubz as the kinds of posts that are really driving the RP forward.

It's easy to fall into hyperfocusing on your character and not engaging the story at large, but I encourage you all to break away from writing about JUST your character's innermost thoughts and begin to engage the worlds I've set up and the awesome characters everyone else is playing. I can't stress enough to read my posts and information here carefully since I am using those to give you guys info about what's going on. If you skim what I or Kura has posted, we can tell and it hurts our little black hearts. Also: if English is not your first language, or you're dyslexic, or you flat-out have some doubts about your post's readability, please don't hesitate to send it to me! I do this for a living and it's nothing for me to skim a post and tidy it up a little.

So in short: Take the time you need, read posts closely, ask us about anything you're unsure of or wondering about, and put your all into making really awesome posts.

I say this not to scold, but because I see that I've got some really good writers that I know can really shine.

Edit: Here are a couple of links that might be helpful, just found them courtesy of Kura myself.

Some guidelines on RP habits that make it hard to play with others

Some guidelines on why short posts are usually not helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
And finally before I leave you guys to it: You'll see that Kura and I have done some quick and dirty posting to get things moving along. If you want to do this with another player to help further a romance or friendship (I'm looking at you Scrubz and Kokierra, good job on that) feel free to do that as long as you keep it to a few posts and not an entire page or something.

I would like to practice a longer posting more intense RP as I am yet to do one since I started a few weeks back.

Also I just want o confirm I have read what you and Kura recently posted correctly,

Lilith was attacked instead of Dante, and turned into her Lycan form killing the guards in her room before high tailing it through the halls, where Dante who was free of his cell attacked her causing the fight to ensue, in which Dante was losing before the darkness took the four purifiers In to I am guessing the queens personal garden ?

So as it stands we are all now in the same world with the build up to the main storyline.

I love this idea I can't wait to develop these characters !

Reactions: Kura
Just because I'm here and everyone TOTALLY needs and wants my input--

I think it's oh, so very awesome how you guys are stepping up. I can say for me and I think it's pretty true for Midi too that we've kind of been in a slump lately, but it warms our dark little hearts to know that you guys care this much. I'm really excited to see where things go now that the main plot is beginning to get underway.

And also, Like Midi said earlier-- if you have any questions at all or need me to annoy her lots if she hasn't had a chance to answer some of your questions just let me know. At this point in time I'm no longer in college (mostly because I'm an old fart that graduated almost four years ago), so I'll tend to have more free time than she will. Nonetheless.. if you have awesome plot twist ideas or want to do something big and freaking awesome, PLEASE let us know! The more ideas to toy around with the better!

OHMYGODIMSOEXCITED.

• Love
Reactions: Midian
IS DANTE GOING TO BECOME A LYCAN/WEREWOLF THINGYMAJIGGY!!!! :O hehe :3

I am going to post again now, In response to the relations with the very lovely beach woman and the party that has come to collect us.