Saving the World In Spite of Ourselves

Name: Lilith

Race: Daalai Werewolf

History: Lilith was born to two very loving parents and members of the Daal. As a toddler, she was attacked by a werewolf and barely escaped with her life. Unfortunate side effects of this encounter included becoming a werewolf herself. Shortly after being discovered as infected, she was separated from her parents and quarantined until ways to control her alternate state could be discovered. After years of planning and waiting for the right time, Lilith managed to break free from her prison and flee from her home.

She now resides in Fairyland where she does her best to hide her condition from others. She currently frequents different pubs in the area and barely gets by on her earnings as a tattoo artist.

A few final notes before we get started! This post is to primarily help you out on the things your character would know about his/her world and to get feedback on how you'd like your character to be introduced and whether you'd like them to be part of the starting party or whether you'd like them to come later. I'd rather not bring in all twelve characters at once, so pick which one you'd like to come first. The RP will begin Monday, July 22nd, and you'll all get a message from me when it opens up. So please let me know about your characters before then!

For my Coroco/Guardian people (Frederick Johnson, Lucas Morander, Shola Rehau, Lilth, Nyx)

World Lore: The world was created by the five goddesses: Kirimbal, Nilan, Segae, Ilah, and Villica. They formed the world of Coroco from the chaos of the void. The bit of the void that remained became the darkness the Daal people worship and from which the Dire Queen came. To keep the void in control the goddesses created from the magic matrix (the place all magic comes from) beings called Guardians.

Guardians were given great reserves of power typically held in check by their Other, a being created to house their human heart and who holds their power in check. An Other killing their Guardian is the only way for the Guardian to be removed from the cycle of revival from death. The death of an Other devastates the Guardian, but frees them to be able to use their full (world-destroying) power, but they no longer have human feelings or emotions like compassion or empathy. Only a goddess can unlock their full power while the Other is alive.

Some Guardians have consigned their souls to the Dire Queen in order to escape the yoke of the Other dynamic.

A basic description: A land of many geographies. To the north and the west is an ocean populated by islander people. In the south is a swampy territory containing the mysterious ruins of a lost village, a ranch, and a few scattered villages. In the center are vast plains with the royal city in the middle. To the east is a dense forest and to the farther east is a mountain range over which live the Daal people.

Cyberia:

A radial city where there is no government, no police, only pure capitalism. Assassins can be bought to kill anyone for the right price and are usually employed by guilds, some of which steal children (being nest-robbed) to train. The city lacks natural things: grass, animals, bodies of water, etc. Generally very gray and dingy.

Sandbox:

Modern-day Earth where supernatural beings are more or less normal. There are rumors that the magic matrix here can be depleted and cause worldwide destruction, but it's seen as a conspiracy theory.

Waterworld:

This world was once like the Sandbox, but some catastrophe caused massive flooding and many to die. Those that remain have somehow forgotten about boats and people ride a train between islands. Metro Island is the biggest, most prosperous islands.

Paradise Island:

A world rebuilt after the apocalypse and now under totalitarian rule. Citizens function with IDs that also work as debit cards with money issued from the central bank. There are no personal vehicles, no pencil/pen and no paper. Everything is electronic.

I cant wait until monday I will just bring Nxy in for the beginning of the RP. So you out her in the guardian's does that mean she is one or will become one sorry if it's me just being thick. :)

I'll bring in Lucas first and then I'll decide who next during the RP

Hope I am not too late to join in !
Do you have to have multiple characters?
Do you have to have awesome hand drawn pictures? ( I cant draw D: )

Hey as far as I can tell you you can still join and I don't think you need to have multiple characters. :)

HMC- Yes, you are free to join in! I think we're really well-stocked on characters right now, so if you only introduce one that'll be fine. I'm going to be posting the RP tonight or tomorrow, so if you need a little time to ponder a character don't feel pressured to jump in immediately: some people are bringing in character at later stages. Welcome aboard!

Ill give it some thought and come up with one.
Thanks, should be a lot of fun ! :)

*cheers and totally high-fives HMC for the Eden of the East quote in his siggy*

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
RP is up in the Fantasy section! I've got Kura up first to bat, but after that you are welcome to bring your character in however you see fit. For now the RP is closed to new members since we have a fantastic cast already up.

Stay tuned to this thread too since I'll still be postings new and stuff here

Awesome first posts guys! I'm really excited for us to start moving forward and really getting the ball rolling. For those of you whose characters are in other worlds, don't panic! The group will be brought together in time, although they will also spend time in teams for a little while.

So with that being said, I want to know more things about your characters! Since there are going to be a lot of characters it's always good to make sure yours have distinctive traits that make them stand out and be more interesting to readers. So it's not mandatory to do this, but it would be cool to get a sneak peek into your characters!

Shola Rehau
Reason for Living: Loyalty to the royal family because they took her in as a child.
Greatest Fear: Not being able to protect children from harm
Most Secret Dream: To be free of Guardianhood and start a small family with the person she chooses
Useless skill(s): Able to accurately keep track of moon phases without a calendar
Favorite Food: Really stretchy saltwater taffy
Theme Song: Nerve (Soilwork)

Dante
Reason for Living: Hasn't died yet
Greatest Fear: His former Handler, Stella Acerbio
Most Secret Dream: He isn't sure himself
Useless Skill(s): Great whistler
Favorite Food: Pistachios
Theme Song: My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Fall Out Boy)

Piper Asher
Reason for Living: To outdo her sister
Greatest Fear: Always being second-best
Most Secret Dream: Being an only child
Useless Skill(s): Can untie almost any knot
Favorite Food: Teriyaki chicken skewers
Theme Song: Just Beyond the River Bend (Pocahontas soundtrack)

I will be posting soon in the RP, have no fear! I have been a bit caught up this week helping my mother with her shop, but we're all settled in that now.

Caleb Ferondale
Reason for Living: Doesn't really have one, he just doesn't feel like dying
Greatest Fear: Staying alone for the rest of his life
Most Secret Dream: To be accepted by someone for who he is (He gives the guise of not caring what people think)
Useless skill(s): He can ballroom dance like a pro
Favorite Food: Any form of meat
Theme Song: Dance with the Devil (Breaking Benjamin) ((Trying to get over something bad in his life))

Lucas Morander
Reason for Living: To protect the Queen and everyone in the Kindom and the worlds
Greatest Fear: Not being able to protect the ones he cares for
Most Secret Dream: To go back home and live a peacefull life in his forest with the one he loves
Useless skill(s): He can tie and untie any knot
Favorite Food: Fruits and Vegetables
Theme Song: Broken (Seether ft. Amy Lee) ((Is alone and feels terrible))

Curtis Bradford
Reason for Living: To spread the used of the sword and to enjoy the waves
Greatest Fear: Pocelain Dolls
Most Secret Dream: Doesn't really have one, lives life as it comes his way
Useless skill(s): The ability to turn his wrists completely around, and WILL NOT STAY DOWN
Favorite Food: Seafood
Theme Song: Riot (Three Days Grace) ((Won't go down))

Nyx

Reason for Living: To prove to everyone who taunted her as a child that just because she was different doesn't mean she wasn't given her gift for a reason.

Greatest Fear: Not being able to use her gift to help others.

Most Secret Dream: To be accepted for who she is.

Useless skill(s): Can bring dead plants back to life.

Favorite Food: Pasta with everything.

Theme Song: Family Portrait (Pink)

Kia

Reason for Living: To cause trouble.

Greatest Fear: That she will truly never find her soul mate.

Most Secret Dream: To be a better parent than her own.

Useless skill(s): being double jointed in ever bone of her body.

Favorite Food:BACON

Theme Song: The number of the beast (Iron maiden)

Blaze #yolo

Reason for Living: The continuance and teachings of his way of life, the way of fire. As a tutor at the institute of fire, one of the rarest forms of magic remaining. As a seasoned pyromancer he must be a guide and an icon for the young ones.
Greatest Fear: Women, scared of getting his heart broken. *Que audience "Awwwwwwww......."*
Most Secret Dream: To master the final form of fire, complete body transformation, the ability to cover your entire body in a suit of flames for a period of time.
Useless skill(s): Can light cigarettes from his thumb.
Favorite Food: Chicken ramen.
Theme Song: Through the fire and flames - 'Dragon Force'

Hey Kokierra when you do bring in Kurt, Nico could be with ya either surfing or training. I will follow your lead when you do.

I'm bringing Kurt in next and it will be soon. I thought that he and Nico could just be finishing a training session and were getting ready to go for a swim/surf, what do you think?