M

Midnight Maiden

-The IC-
-Discord-

So. Remnant. We've all heard of it, right? Composed of Vacuo, Atlas, Mistral, Vale, it's primary power source being that of dust, which pretty much everything nowadays can be run on. Man and Faunus alike filling the place to the brim, creating great things and working together to keep peace.

Sadly, things can't always go as planned.

Humans aren't the only inhabitants of the kingdoms, and even had they been, not all humans are good. Creatures of Grimm, the result of all things dark and creatures that feed off of negativity, share the lands with the people. By nature, not exactly the 'maker of great things' type. And humans, well... Humans get greedy. Want more than we're born with the right to have. But I suppose I'm straying from the point here.

Y'see, Vacuo, Vale, Mistral, Atlas- they aren't the only kingdoms around. Across the world of Remnant, many more kingdoms lie in wait, hidden a little better from prying eyes, but just as civilized and sharing the same goals as the kingdoms we know. Peace, tranquility, people getting along and working towards a better goal.

You might be wondering why I'm tellin' ya all of this. Well, let's just say that the heroes of this story ain't really regulars to Beacon, and they ain't about to be, after it's fall. So I figure I may as well enlighten you on where we're beginning... And where it'll hopefully end.

Let's see, first off... Ah, that's right. Terra, home to Annwn. Nice place, if ya ask me.. Aside from the discriminatory people. Warm little kingdom with seemingly kind folk, lots of vegetation, and even a few springs if ya look in the right place. Cept, this kingdom ain't really quite as quaint as it seems. Discrimination against Faunus is especially strong here, and the place is currently in a bit of a spat with, well...

Nysa. A little on the colder side, with a few mountains scattered around here and there. If you're smart, you'll remember to pack your coat and gloves if you ever find yourself headed there. This is the place you're most likely to find Faunus, and a hell of a lot of 'em, at that. Not all of 'em exactly wanna be there, but, well, if it's cold or be patronized by others, I don't necessarily blame 'em. You can take a guess why there's a war between the poor fellas and the diehards in Terra. Their academy's Aztlan.

Anyways, movin' on, next up we've got... Ah. Ashea. Probably the smallest of these guys, but definitely the nicest. Pretty tame place, with a much more pacifistic view in general than their brother and sister kingdoms. But they know how to fight when it matters, and they do have a nice academy to prove it. Eden, they call it.

Finally, Drayce, home of Zion academy. Not really the ideal place, but that's just my opinion. Lot's a crooks like to hang around here, and it's a bit dark and dreary for my taste. But hey, they get by, and the slightly high crime rate just seems to draw 'em closer. Which makes for good teamwork from the guys y'see there.

Anyways, now that ya know about the kingdoms, I guess it's your time to shine, kids.

--------

SO YEAH LOOK AT ME AND MY BASIC AF RWBY RP ATTEMPT THAT I'LL PROBABLY FAIL AT BUT I'M TOO HYPE TO CARE

So, here we go!

Rules
1. Be respectful, yo. Treat others how you want to be treated!
2. That said, keep everything in the ooc civil! If there is ever any conflict, please try to resolve it peacefully and be sure to take it to PMs. In addition, don't take out out of character feelings in the IC!
3. All Iwaku rules apply!
4. The limit for PCs per person will be two, but you are allowed to make NPCs if you'd like!
5. Obviously, no god-modding, power-gaming, etc. If you aren't sure whether your next post is god-modding or not, it's better to ask in the 'General Chat' thread before posting the reply. Better safe than sorry. ((WORKSHOP - Godmodding and Metagaming ))
6. Do your best with spelling and grammar, please. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be understandable. ((Here's an on-site guide to grammar you can read through: WORKSHOP - Grammarholics Anonymous - Your Grammar Guide! ))
7. PCs need to be somewhere from 16 to 18. Preferably 17, but it's not a big deal if they're in that age range, I'll just make teams accordingly.
8. This thread will be solely for signups and discussion of the RP. For all OOC chatter, please take it here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/out-of-character.18193/discussion
9. Finally, just have fun!

Character Sheet

Picture

Name

Legend/Folklore Motif

Appearance Description

Biography

Weapon

Semblance

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress

NPC or PC?(if you are posting an NPC, please post their CS in this thread!)

Extra

Cast List

Aelius Cedomir - Sir Gawain - @Accelerator
Alcander Wilder - Cain and Abel - @Crimson Spartan
Angus Lake - Sir Lancelot - @Ringmaster
Aqua Dakkar - The Little Mermaid - @Ringmaster
Bianca Armod - Amaterasu- @Hospes
David Amadeo - Cupid - @LuckycoolHawk9
Duke Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Duivel Jones - Davy Jones - @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Erin Valix - Loki - @TyranntX
Eshell Tyr - The Blind Ghost - @Demmy
Felix Velos - Castor and Pollux - @QuakeUPSB
Franky Russo - Al Capone - @BlueFlameNikku
Hazel Sterling - The Ill-Fated Princess - @york
Kwame von Spinne - Anansi - @Yun Lee
Lilac Gwyneth Azura - The Book of Revelations; cleansing flame; paladins - @Valentyne
Liliya Blednyy - The Swan Princess/Snow Maiden - @Gummi Bunnies
Mason Moretti - Apollo and Hephaestus - @Mason Moretti
Midna Eclipse - Selene the Moon Goddess - @Hospes
Mona Creum - Sleeping Beauty - @Hospes
Samantha Guinness - Scáthach - @Indolent
Soneri Aundarya - Ishtar - @Gummi Bunnies
Windia Milkyway - Atalanta - @Accelerator

Teams
TEAL(Eshell Tyr, Midna Eclipse, Soneri Aundarya, and Angus Lake)
DARK(David Amadeo, Bianca Armod, Franky Russo and Kwame von Spinne)
AMTH(Amethyst)(Aelius Cedomir, Mason Moretti, Tiara Pendragon, Hazel Sterling)
TPAS(Topaz)(Teanna Sky, Audrey Pyralis, Alcander Wilder and Shizune Shimmer)
STEL(Steel)(Sam Guinn, Vasili Thana, Erin Valix, Lilac Azura)
FLYM(Flame)(Felix Velos, Liliya Blednyy, Sylvester Yin, Windia Milkyway)
JSMM(Jasmine)(Duivel Jones, Joylu Sun-Shin, Mona Creum, Melonie Adeline)
GLDD(Gold)(Gilda Glaucous, Liadan Mac-Tire, Duke Velos, Aqua Dakkar)​

Last edited:
sample-cf1b49c49b7f0d7c9826f5d95018f298.jpg

Name:

Shizune Shimmer

Legend/Folklore Motif:

Dragon of the Lost Sea

Appearance Description

5'3" and a hundred and fifteen pounds of lazy terror

Biography

There are some who become hunters because they feel a calling to the life. From a young age they see the stories of heroes who hold back the tide of grimm, the sole protectors of the brave but ever in danger souls who lived in the villages outside city walls. Others do it because they feel they must, either to right some particular wrong or because it is a way to use less savory skills in a way that can be truly for the greater good. But others are born to it. Hunting dynasties are not unheard of, and the Shimmer family has been almost entirely huntsmen and huntresses for generations. This was not something that changed for Shizune's father, and so shizune was the fourth of six children, and all but two of them are now hunters or hunters-in-training.

That training started for Shizune at a terrifyingly young age. It is not a iron clad rule that every Shimmer becomes a hunter, but her and all her siblings still got the training before they decided on a path. If they chose a different life, well, the reasoning went that it was far from useless to know how to defend yourself. But if they chose to follow the family tradition, then the extra years could mean the difference between a child coming home a from a hunt victorious, or their weapon returned home with mournful condolences. It was logical, and it was done with the utmost loving and caring intentions. This did not make it any less terrifying for Shizune. She loved her dad, guilelessly so. But from age five onward, any time with him, any games of tag or trip to the movies or whatever else, could suddenly turn into a training session or spar. It wasn't too surprising that she spent as much time away from home as was allowed once she was older. Despite her home life, Shizune was a regular social butterfly more than happy to trade sparring matches and endurance training days for movies, dates, and whatever other fun she and her gaggle of friends and occasional boy-or-girlfriends could get into. But one thing that she enjoyed in particular had a lasting effect on her... anime.

For a while Shizune wasn't sure she was cut out for the huntress life. Her father was so proud of her, and her teachers (now at the age to be attending a combat academy like signal in addition to training at home) seemed to agree that she had a vibrant natural aptitude for bladework, survival, and tracking alike. But despite all that, grimm still terrified her. No matter how skilled any single hunter was, they weren't the silver eyed warriors of legend; there would always be a grimm too tough, a horde too big that could take you down. But while her dad's 'methods' grated on her, she had to admit that she loved the idea of protecting others. If she had the skill and the desire, yet didn't use it out of fear.... What did that say about her

But in most all the animes she watched, it was different, of a sort. The odds that heroes faced there were just as bad or even worse than those on Remnant. Yet almost without fail, they always came through. They always won, in some way or another. Maybe she could be like that. Maybe, if she took the path of not only a warrior and a hunter, but of the Main Character of her own tale...

then maybe Plot Armor would be enough to keep her alive and fight the good fight.

Weapon

Shizune wields a katana called Tebiki. While the blade itself is mundane, the grip and hit are modified to fire rounds that are more akin to large spikes with powerful force, enough to send Shizune flying with the recoil. Some of the spikes are modified with grappling lines that stay attached to allow Shizune to swing and zipline herself around the battlefield, while others are loaded with dust of various types that explode on contact. The weapon is breach loaded, and while years of practice have made each load a smooth and quick afterthought for Shizune, its never going to be a weapon to fire rapidly.

In addition, the sheathe has a built in sharpener and magnetic accelerator, to assist with Shizune's preferred style of combat. It can latch onto Shizune's armor as needed near the belt or to the back. Finally, Shizune's shoes can spike themselves into the ground, so she doesn't sent herself flying across the room every time she fires Tebiki if it isn't the intent.

Semblance

Dragon's breath

Shizune's semblance is essentially that of a wind dragon. With a deep breath, she can expel a mighty torrent of air. A straightforward semblance aided by the sheer amount of force the wind can exert.

Dust augmentable; While normally simple if powerful air, dragon's breath can be charged by loading a dust infused spike into tebiki, similar to how other semblances can be augmented. It changes the blast into the element of the dust. At this point, Shizune has only tepidly used this ability, as during the training session with her father where this was discovered, he had her test it with blue dust and almost ended up choking to death with half frozen lungs.

The art of Iaijutsu:

The shimmer family line has mastered a very specific sword technique; the art of the quickdraw. Initially the repeated motions, focus, and momentum were all that were used for the effect, and it allowed them to strike lightning fast in the opening moments of the fight. With technological advancements like Shizune's magnetic accelerator sheathe, it turns the technique into little more than a flash of steel and a spray of grimm ash, blood, or aura. Shizune very commonly resheathes her blade midfight to make use of this skill, and she's practiced it a lot.

"Begin!" Shizune's father orderes from where he was watches on the side of the sparring ring. twelve year old Shizune lets out a loud "HYA!" as she draws her weapon into a slice in a clean motion. "One! cheers her younger brother from the side

"Again!"
"Again!"

"Hya..." Shizune draws her weapon yet again in a far clumsier swing. "One hundred and six." Says her brother, far less enthused than earlier.
"Again!"

"hngh" Shizune grunts from where she is collapsed on the ground half exhausted, as she draws her sword and moves her arm across the ground. "three hundred and ninety *Yawn* nine" mumbles her brother, half asleep on the bench nearby.

"Just one more my daughter! You're almost done!"

She sobs.

Three year old Shizune, her father guiding her through the beginning of a kata on the living room floor

Little six year old Shizune Shimmer giggles with glee as her father finally catches her as they play tag in the winter. It quickly became a yelp of mild terror as he gives a battle cry and heaves her like a football into the snow bank, jumps into the air, and comes flying down at her. "YOU MUST MOVE FASTER MY DAUGHTER!"

Thirteen year old Shizune, weaving her way through a series of blows from her father's boxing gloves, smile brightening her face as they briefly stopped, till her aura flares as she gets one fist full in the face. "Never let your guard down, my daughter, a grimm is a crafty beast!"

Nine year old Shizune is excited. A camping trip with all her siblings and dad while mother takes a few days off with her friends. The woods are supposedly safe enough, though they are outside the kingdom walls. But her father and the older siblings would keep them safe. She skips back into camp after a quick trip for firewood at her father's request. The camp is not there. All that is left is a note pinned to the tree. It reads 'find us, and you get extra dessert for a month when we get back. Survive and you get it for a week.'

The eldest sister Tero is nearby, a full fledged huntress herself and ready to keep young Shizune safe from errant grimm as she goes about her new lesson.

She also, to Shizune's soon to be terror, has a really convincing beowolf howl.

Overall, Shizune is an incredibly quick and deft swordswoman, and uses Tebiki's recoil and her semblance to move around quickly in a fight.

Laziness and rebelliousness.

Seriously, while any and all academies are no joke, there's no way they can be harder than her father's hellish if effective methods.

But also a genuine desire to help people, which is why she put up with that nonsense past her ninth birthday, when she was allowed to stop her training if she wished and choose her own path

PC

Extra

-Shizune is excellent with a blade, but with a caveat; She hates fighting other humanoids. The Shizunes have always been monster hunters first and bounty hunters second, and much of their training and skillset lives and breathes around killing and debilitating blows. Shizune loathes the idea of killing or maiming someone. She only spars regretfully and almost never at her best, which of course means losing often to her peers in such things. As for actually fighting another human being or faunus for real, even to just incapacitate, the idea of accidentally hurting someone permanently or worse terrifies her and she avoids it at all costs

-Genuinely believes in the power of plot armor

-mild narcolepsy

-Is allowed(ish) to be lazy for the first time in her life and by god is she going to make use of that

-Hey cutie. Yes you. Hi ;)

-May be scared of grimm but fears no bug. Had a pet tarantula she took tea parties with as a kid​
Accepted!

Picture

Crescent-1.jpg

Name:

The Boy would Smile at you and speak in a friendly tone "Hi, My name is Erin Valix"

Erin Valix is is name, don't wear it or your you'll have to buy him a new one

Legend/Folklore Motif

"Well people say I can be pretty mischievous, what can I say other than I love a good prank"

His motif is Loki, The Norse god of mischief. I WAS going to pick Monkey King Son Goku, but there is already a canon character of that.

Appearance Description

Erin would look at you puzzled "Why do you ask, is there something wrong with your vision?"

Yeah he's pretty much the same in terms of appearance of the image given. Only he has blue eyes not grey, he wears light plate armor over his shirt (the shirt it's self having a dragon emblem on the back of it) , and he has a lizard tail.

Biography

"You really want me to tell you my life's story? I don't know where to begin"

Erin never really knew is parents, the both died when he was born. . . His father several days before and his mother giving birth to him. When the people of his nation found out that the Valix family were having a child there were some pretty mix feelings all about the kingdom. Some where happy and joyful in hopes that he has inherited his father's semblance (which he has) and follow in his foot steps to become a famous huntsman, others feared what he could bring to the world because of his seemingly evil power. But despite some people hating him for reasons he didn't even know, Erin still did his best to live a spectacular life. Though out his childhood he would take any chance he got to either pull a prank or tell humorous jokes, and for the most part a lot of them were really funny. Not all of them harmless but seldom did they not make some people smile, perhaps this is just his way of showing that he IS harmless. It wasn't until he was 7 where he was involved with an incident involving a pack of Beowolves when he discovered his semblance, and about his father's campaign as a huntsman. It was there and then that he had decided to up hold his father's dream and purge the world of evil and restore peace to Remnant. With enemies lurking about the kindoms, many of which want to take him in their own forces for his semblance, can he even be close to anything like his father?

Weapon

"It's Called, Dragon Buster. Built it my self"

Dragon buster much like all weapons has two modes. The first is a two-handed great sword, because of it's size and weight it dose needless to say slow him down in terms of speed. But don't think for a second that just because it's heavy that he can't swing it around like it's nothing. What Erin lacks in speed when using his weapon he more than makes up for in power and dexterity. When in sword mode, The Dragon Buster can absorb the impact of projectiles and even in some cases reflect them. This weapon is also great for taking down biologically armored foes, as the blade it's self seems to ignore it. (Ie, if a Grimm is armored, the sword can cut through it)

The Second mode is shoulder mounted rail gun, while making Erin nearly if not completely immobile this mode also has its perks. despite some how being even heavier than in sword mode, uses either dist or aura to fire powerful energy beams. while having rather long reload times due to it's size and the amount of dust it uses it isn't practical for rapid fire, in fact it takes about half an hour to for it to fully charge it's self once a shot has been fired. But what this mode lacks in mobility and reload time it makes up in shear power an surprising accuracy. As mentioned before this sucker can also be charged with the users aura should there be no dust left in supply or int it's reserves, however doing so will easily tire the user our thus is why if Erin has to resort in using aura to fire the rail gun he only dose so once per skirmish. While sword mode is great for close combat with grim and enemy soldiers, rail gun mode is best used for ranged combat with flyers and vehicles.

Semblance

"My Semblance? I don't know what you mean by that. Guess I am going to e the first huntsman without one huh?"

Dark Emulator:

If you could not tell, Erin was lying. His Semblance is probably one of... if not THE most dangerous not to mention terrifying of all. Erin can control grimm with his mind. Big or small it dose not seem to matter, Giests and Seers seem to be immune but anything else is fair game to his semblance. There are however conditions to whether or not it works at all. The first being the size of the grim, bigger grim require him to use up more concentration and sometimes can make him vulnerable if he isn't careful. Smaller grimm on the other hand need less concentration, so much so that he can keep up a conversation and still give orders to the gimm he is controlling. The second factor is the number of grim, yes he can control multiple targets at a time but in combination to their size the number of them there are also comes into play. For example, A pack of Beowolves would be easier to control than a Giant Nevermore... While the latter would be easier than controlling a Trio of Death stalkers. Keep in mind that he can only keep up his control if he has the attention and concentration to maintain it.

Erin dose everything he can to keep his semblance secret, if anyone with evil intentions found out about what he is capable of it could cause a lot of trouble. So much so it is easy to see why some people back in his home nation are afraid of him, not of the person he is now but what he could potentially do and become. Terrorists could force him to send hordes of grimm to hunt down and kill innocent lives just for some petty personal gain for example. However it is also easy to see why his semblance can be used for good with the opposite being true, that being having hum use the grim to take down evil forces or each other. Sadly though, Erin tries to avoid using this power if he can when he's with other people and tries to make it look like he's not doing anything when he is using his semblance. Only when he is alone or with people who know the secret dose he use it more openly. So why dose he keep it secret? To protect everyone around him of course.

"How do I fight when I don't Have a weapon... huh that's a tough one."

When ever he is armed with his weapon he is an obvious bruiser, and when he has grim at his disposal he tries what he can to use them with out anyone knowing about it and to what ever would work best depending on the species. But when he is unarmed and if he has no grimm to back him up, Erin is swift footed martial artist. Skilled in all schools of Kung Fu, he aims to us speed and precision to wear down his foes and then uses the strength he uses to lug Dragon Buster around to deliver the final blow. Though he didn't get that way over night, instead he enrolled at a local dojo when he was young (and not pulling pranks in his spare time) to learn how to fight if trouble ever came knocking on his door step. Needless to say he tries to avoid fighting other humans if he can, but if he is left with no other options... God help you.

"I Guess the short and easy answer is that my Dad did it, and I got inspired"

After seeing just what he can do with his semblance AND learning about how much good his father did for his nation. Erin wanted to not only continue his fathers work but also aid in the efforts in making the world a better place. He likes making people happy just as much as he likes to be happy him self, so in addition to maintaining peace he also wants to spread joy and laughter to the world.

PC

Extra

-His weapon has a on board AI named MAI, which can wirelessly upload it's self to his scroll and various other devices he owns.

-Said AI is my second character, I feel her role would be better suited as so since she is a part of objects Erin commonly has on him

-Erin is ANYTHING shy, he is VERY friendly and loves to meet new people

-Dispite being a prankster, Erin is very smart. Some may even call him a genius.

-Even though he is smart, he can be a bit naive at times.

"Oh one more thing, there is some one I would like to Introduce you to" Erin would draw his sword and hold it blade down in front of him. He then said with a cheery grin "Well come on, say hello". a circular object in the center of the sword's hilt would then glow blue and introduce its self.

Picture

glowing-digital-code-dark-background-business-concept-35307419.jpg

Name

"Greetings, I am Multi-purpose Artificial Intelligence. You May call me MAI"

So you don't wear your self out, just Call her MAI.

Legend/Folklore Motif

"I was programmed to assist with the utility of the Dragon Buster, along with anything else that may be of use in the field"

Technically nothing, but if I was forced to pick it would be either an Oracle form various myths, Or a Fairy (the ones that asist players in games but far less annoying)

Appearance Description

"I am as you see me"

ummm... you mean besides 1's and 0's

Biography

"I believe we already discussed this"

When Erin was building Dragon Buster, the weapon it self was so complex in design that it was barely functional and sometimes would fail on it's self. So much so that Erin's mentor suggested that he completely scrap the weapon and start over, but Erin insisted on this design and got the idea of creating an Artificial Intelligence to help operate it. and thus MAI was created, they hooked her up to the weapon and Dragon Buster was operating at it's optimal efficiency within days. Since then Erin and MAI have gotten along like good friends should.

Weapon

"I currently am a weapon"

um.... What she said

Semblance

"That exceeds my capabilities"

She is a computer code, and there fore doesn't have one

"I Seldom leave Dragon Buster or Erin when in combat"

Even though she typically stays within Dragon Buster on the battle field, she can still be used in other ways in a fight. For example if Erin were to upload her into a vehicle she could pilot it her self without anyone inside it. Another example would be if Erin were to upload her into a computer terminal she could access it files and wreck all sorts of havoc.

"Erin is the one with the gun, so it seems like I have no choice in the matter"

Yeah kind of obvious she only is here because Dragon Buster wouldn't work all that well otherwise.

PC (I already said why)

Extra

-This Duo was originally planed to have Erin be very much Like Veggeta In DBZ:A and MAI not only being referred to as a male but also being much like Caboose in RvB. But I like what I posted some much more that I scraped this

-Erin Dose own Backups of MAI, don't think she can be destroyed or gotten rid of so easily just because she is a program.

-Although technically 1's and 0's and therefore gender-less, MAI is addressed as a female.

-No, Erin doesn't use her to cheat on anything school related.

-Other Devices MAI is wired too are but are not limited to his scroll, a bracer on his right arm, a portable computer, a computer in his dorm, and an extra slot installed on the Dragon Buster

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I hope this is okay, don't see anything in the rules about it so I'm assuming so. but I'm not the GM so what do I know :)​
Hmm, so I'm a little unsure about the semblance, as it might be a bit overpowered. Maybe put a limit on the size and amount of Grimm he can control?

Now that I'm back from the magic kingdom I'm still definitely gonna join
Awwww yes. Glad to have the potato on board.

Hmm, so I'm a little unsure about the semblance, as it might be a bit overpowered. Maybe put a limit on the size and amount of Grimm he can control?
well technically... there is on both accounts. Geists and Seers are Immune, one is "Too Human" and the other for its jellyfish like qualities. As for size limit, there is one of those too, and for number as well. It all depends on those two factors, but there is such things as "Too big" or "Too Many" for him. for example A nevermore would demand every bit of his attention and concentration, while something like a Dragon will be impossible to control at his current state. If there are too many grim then he would only be able to manage the amount he can control, but in a situation like that he wouldn't alone thus wouldn't even use his semblance. In short this would be the extent of his limits in a nut shell.

Easy: -No problem to control, little to no concentration

- A or two of pack o Beowolves
- Pretty much any sized flock of small nevermore
- Almost any Grimm species if it is alone

Intermediate: - Challenging to control, some concentration needed

-A pack of Boarbatusk (they are more ferocious than Beowolves and this need more attention)
-extra small hordes of smaller grim
-Creeps (one is easy, more is not so much)

Advanced - Much needed concentration, Hard to control (at this point he would only use his semblance if he was alone or with some one who knew about it)

-An Ursa Minor
-Lone Beringel
-A Lone Death Stalker

Difficult: Much harder to control, trance like concentration needed. only can be done when not controlling other grim.

- One or more goliath (max would be about 4)
- A Giant Nevermore
- A lone or a pair of King Taijitu (one alone is hard, two gives him a headache)
-small hordes

Not ready for: Impossible to control at his current level. significant training needed. (may not ever or need to depending how this goes)

- Both Dragons (idevidually, not possible with both at the same time)
- A pod of Beringel
- A Flock of Griffen (one is posible, two isn't)
- More than two Death stalkers
- Medium Hordes
-Whole herds of Goliath.

Impossible: Unable to be uncontrolled, regardless of his skill

-Geists and Possession type grim: Because of their ghost like properties
-Alpha Grimm: Unknown, but I Know it would be OP hence why it's here
-Grimm controlling Grimm: I don't think any of these exist yet, but if they did they could cause problems for Erin
-Seers: They are barely more intelligent than a plant, in short, they are too stupid.
-Massive hordes: that will always bee too many
-Mutated Grim
-Hybrids

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any other suggestions if this doesn't work I'll be happy to listen to them.

Last edited:
221697711006201.jpg

Name:
Kwame von Spinne

Legend/Folklore Motif: Anansi, with nods to The Brave Little Tailor

Appearance Description: Kwame is fairly short, about 5'6, and weaighs around 160 lbs. He has dark brown skin, purple eyes, and long black hair. His hair is in dreadlocks and kept in a long loose ponytail, and it reaches to his lower back.

Kwame is a spider Faunus, and has six eyes. His four extra eyes are smaller and pure black, and he created special goggles with black lenses to hide them and look human. He wears a white and purple striped shirt with sleeves rolled up to the elbows, a dark purple vest with spiderweb print, a gray tie, black pants and shoes, and a belt with a gold buckle with the number seven on it.

On his back is a large backpack with his initials on it-this backpack actually carries his weaponry.

Biography: Kwame's father is Henrich von Spinne, a renowned tailor from Terra. The von Spinne family is famous for its Dust woven fabrics, and Heinrich came from a long line of skilled businessmen...and anti-Faunus forefathers. However, Heinrich fell in love with a Faunus woman while doing business in Nysa. This woman, Akuba, fell in love with him in return, and Heinrich abandoned his family business when faced with an ultimatum between it and Akuba. The two of them settled down in Ashea and had Kwame, who from a young age became fascinated by the von Spinne way of creating Dust fabric and even came up with an innovative new way to make Dust threads that they couldn't be sued for by old family.

Though Heinrich and Akuba did their best to raise Kwame away from Faunus discrimination, he still learned about it from reports from the few relatives on both sides of the family who still kept in touch. Disgusted by the way Humans and Faunus fought, Kwame decided that he would become a famous Huntsman, gain reknown for his fabrics, and hopefully get Humans and Faunus to see eye to eye.

Weapon: Spinneseide and Apaso

221697732016201.jpg

Spinneseide is the backpack (1) Kwame carries on his back. Inside it are five spools of different Dust powered threads, as well as his needles and secondary weapon, Apaso (2).

221697775023201.jpg

Kwame's needles (1) are long and thin, and allow him to do all sorts of things with his threads, as explained below.

Apaso (2) is his secondary weapon, a pair of scissors. They aren't very powerful in combat, but that's really just a way to heighten Kwame's deceptions. Apaso is actually a grappling hook disguised as scissors, and has purple Gravity Dust thread that can extend up to twenty feet.

221697789030201.jpg

Kwame using Apaso as a grappling hook (1).

The needles Kwame uses help his set up traps for opponents. For example, Kwame can create a network of tripwires and threads underfoot, and use the needles to plant them in the ground. From a distance he can set off the network from Spinneseide (2). This process is very time consuming, however, and usually in one-on-one he resorts to a different approach.

Kwame is able to sew threads into his opponents clothing if close enough. Using his Semblance he can manipulate movements (3) or activate the Dust (4). With Grimm he would simply tie threads to them.

Semblance: Puppetmaster

Kwame's Aura allows him to manipulate fabrics. However, in order to do so he must be holding onto a thread sewn into said fabric. And he doesn't manipulate movements of the person wearing clothes themselves, but the clothes they wear.

Notable Attributes and Fighting Style:

Kwame is a very easygoing person, but he can be very serious when needed, especially when faced with strong anti-Faunus sentiment. He has a strong sense of justice and that good should prevail, though every now and then he can be motivated by selfish desires. He's incredibly clever and innovative, able to figure out new ways to use simple items. Kwame has a sense for fashion, being in the fabric industry, and can be rather snobbish about the clothes he wears, and his appearance in general-he's lowkey metrosexual.

Kwame is not a direct fighter. He's not strong, but he is nimble, able to climb trees and rocks rather easily. His best offense is a good defense, but he goes out of his way to bluff like crazy. You will never see Kwame nervous or panicked, as he can save face at the drop of a hat. In fact, he can get an opponent to underestimate him by playing along, only to then surprise the enemy by sewing his threads into their clothing or battleground.

Motivation to be a Huntsman/Huntress:

Twofold. First, he wants to improve relations between Humans and Faunus. Second, he wants to promote his brand of fabrics.

PC!

Extra

Kwame goes out of his way to hide the fact that he's a Faunus, but he does so for a reason-his goal is to make sure that Humans can see that Faunus are just as capable if not moreso than they are at fighting. At the same time he does wish to be seen as a hero to Faunus, but that will have to come in due time.

Last edited by a moderator:
well technically... there is on both accounts. Geists and Seers are Immune, one is "Too Human" and the other for its jellyfish like qualities. As for size limit, there is one of those too, and for number as well. It all depends on those two factors, but there is such things as "Too big" or "Too Many" for him. for example A nevermore would demand every bit of his attention and concentration, while something like a Dragon will be impossible to control at his current state. If there are too many grim then he would only be able to manage the amount he can control, but in a situation like that he wouldn't alone thus wouldn't even use his semblance. In short this would be the extent of his limits in a nut shell.

-A pack of Boarbatusk (they are more ferocious than Beowolves and this need more attention)

Advanced - Much needed concentration, Hard to control (at this point he would only use his semblance if he was alone or with some one who knew about it)

-An Ursa Minor
-Lone Beringel
-A Lone Death Stalker

Difficult: Much harder to control, trance like concentration needed. only can be done when not controlling other grim.

- A Giant Nevermore
- A lone or a pair of King Taijitu (one alone is hard, two gives him a headache)
-small hordes

Not ready for: Impossible to control at his current level. significant training needed. (may not ever or need to depending how this goes)

- A pod of Beringel
- Medium Hordes
-Whole herds of Goliath.

-Grimm controlling Grimm: I don't think any of these exist yet, but if they did they could cause problems for Erin
-Seers: They are barely more intelligent than a plant, in short, they are too stupid.
-Mutated Grim
-Hybrids

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any other suggestions if this doesn't work I'll be happy to listen to them.
I understand the restrictions on it, but I've just got a little concern about it still being a bit too strong. Though if you really want to, I suppose you could keep it as is, though I'd feel a bit better about it myself if you perhaps cut off the levels above Advanced, for now(though if you do this I don't mind it further developing once the RP's started).

Name: Kwame "Heinrich" von Spinne

Legend/Folklore Motif: Anansi, with nods to The Brave Little Tailor

Appearance Description: Kwame is fairly short, about 5'6, and weaighs around 160 lbs. He has dark brown skin, purple eyes, and long black hair. His hair is in dreadlocks and kept in a long loose ponytail, and it reaches to his lower back.

Kwame is a spider Faunus, and has six eyes. His four extra eyes are smaller and pure black, and he created special goggles with black lenses to hide them and look human. He wears a white and purple striped shirt with sleeves rolled up to the elbows, a dark purple vest with spiderweb print, a gray tie, black pants and shoes, and a belt with a gold buckle with the number seven on it.

On his back is a large backpack with his initials on it-this backpack actually carries his weaponry.

Biography: Kwame's father is Henrich von Spinne, a renowned tailor from Terra. The von Spinne family is famous for its Dust woven fabrics, and Heinrich came from a long line of skilled businessmen...and anti-Faunus forefathers. However, Heinrich fell in love with a Faunus woman while doing business in Nysa. This woman, Akuba, fell in love with him in return, and Heinrich abandoned his family business when faced with an ultimatum between it and Akuba. The two of them settled down in Ashea and had Kwame, who from a young age became fascinated by the von Spinne way of creating Dust fabric and even came up with an innovative new way to make Dust threads that they couldn't be sued for by old family.

Though Heinrich and Akuba did their best to raise Kwame away from Faunus discrimination, he still learned about it from reports from the few relatives on both sides of the family who still kept in touch. Disgusted by the way Humans and Faunus fought, Kwame decided that he would become a famous Huntsman, gain reknown for his fabrics, and hopefully get Humans and Faunus to see eye to eye.

Weapon:

Semblance

Extra

(WIP!!!)
Just ping me when you're finished! :D

Add the restriction in that they have to be recently slain Grimm in order to control their bodies and that the possession of said corpse is a continuous drain on your hunter/huntress's aura. And perhaps just restrict it to one Grimm at a time-- should you survive and become on par with the likes of Qrow or the Professors, you could possibly contemplate controlling the largest Grimms but for now stick with the Beowulves, Boarbatusks, Gargoyles, and Ursa Minors. This would limit it significantly yet still proffer a flavorful semblance for your various roleplaying.

Suck it, Zachariah.

Add the restriction in that they have to be recently slain Grimm in order to control their bodies and that the possession of said corpse is a continuous drain on your hunter/huntress's aura. And perhaps just restrict it to one Grimm at a time-- should you survive and become on par with the likes of Qrow or the Professors, you could possibly contemplate controlling the largest Grimms but for now stick with the Beowulves, Boarbatusks, Gargoyles, and Ursa Minors. This would limit it significantly yet still proffer a flavorful semblance for your various roleplaying.

Suck it, Zachariah.
WHERE DID YOU EVEN COME FROM : |

-An Ursa Minor
-Lone Beringel
-A Lone Death Stalker

- A Giant Nevermore
-small hordes

- A pod of Beringel
- Medium Hordes
-Whole herds of Goliath.

-Mutated Grim
-Hybrids

Well, I suppose the main problem being that this semblance already potentially puts him above Salem herself's influence over the Grimm, considering we have never seen her outright control a Grimm manually... The most she has done is exert either direct or indirect influence over the Grimm, likely helped along by the seers.

In theory, it can still work, if you were to tone it down to a degree perhaps... Exert some sort of influence over the Grimm's actions, but well, naturally smarter Grimm may be more resilient to that sort of thing since one thing Grimm are known to do if they live long enough is adapt... And grow stronger, and in effect, smarter in combat, making them more efficient killers.

Long story short? Maybe thin out his ability a bit, perhaps having it being merely a weak influence with groups of grim, and, well, like others have suggested, isolating direct control to one or two creatures at a time, perhaps with the potential to expand on his power later along the line, because remember... For the most part, the chars being thrown in are hunters/huntresses in training as far as I know, so the full extent of their semblances have yet to be explored (granted there will likely be hard limits on this stuff just so stuff isn't too broken).

I understand the restrictions on it, but I've just got a little concern about it still being a bit too strong. Though if you really want to, I suppose you could keep it as is, though I'd feel a bit better about it myself if you perhaps cut off the levels above Advanced, for now(though if you do this I don't mind it further developing once the RP's started).
Ultimately sounds like a better choice. But rest assured there are things he can and can't do with his semblance, but I rather keep them to my self until we start out.
Well, I suppose the main problem being that this semblance already potentially puts him above Salem herself's influence over the Grimm, considering we have never seen her outright control a Grimm manually... The most she has done is exert either direct or indirect influence over the Grimm, likely helped along by the seers.

In theory, it can still work, if you were to tone it down to a degree perhaps... Exert some sort of influence over the Grimm's actions, but well, naturally smarter Grimm may be more resilient to that sort of thing since one thing Grimm are known to do if they live long enough is adapt... And grow stronger, and in effect, smarter in combat, making them more efficient killers.

Long story short? Maybe thin out his ability a bit, perhaps having it being merely a weak influence with groups of grim, and, well, like others have suggested, isolating direct control to one or two creatures at a time, perhaps with the potential to expand on his power later along the line, because remember... For the most part, the chars being thrown in are hunters/huntresses in training as far as I know, so the full extent of their semblances have yet to be explored (granted there will likely be hard limits on this stuff just so stuff isn't too broken).
Actually, one of the things he can't do is control alpha grim... Such as The Ursa Major and the Alpha Beowolf. (I don't count the Giant nevermore since it dose not rule over smaller nevermore like the other two grim mentioned). I Guess I could Isolate control over few creatures on the lower levels though, that I can agree to.

Suck it, Zachariah.
Well, I had a plan that the longer he controls more powerful grim the faster he would tire out. In his current state, taking over something like a Death Crawler would only last about 1 or 2 hours tops... 3 if he's feeling energetic. I don't see how controlling dead grim would work seeing as they fade into dust the moment they die.

Well, I had a plan that the longer he controls more powerful grim the faster he would tire out. In his current state, taking over something like a Death Crawler would only last about 1 or 2 hours tops... 3 if he's feeling energetic. I don't see how controlling dead grim would work seeing as they fade into dust the moment they die.
That would be you utilizing your aura to maintain their form. It would have to follow your defeating them that you gain control.

Also hours is a bit much, you shouldn't have a significant amount of aura either.

23eb9464ff52e7306ad25b756a22be2e.jpg

Name: Eshell Tyr
Motif: The Blind Ghost - PC

Appearance: Short white hair, scrawny figure and red eyes. Is of average height.

Bio: This white haired boy was raised in the kingdom of Nysa. He was raised on a farm with his faunas mother, human father and five siblings. Like his only brother he was not be born a faunus and was the only one there with red eyes. Being a scrawny child, his younger brother often took better care of him and helped when it was needed. However, as is likely to happen when living next to a snow capped mountain, there was a blizzard, followed by an avalanche that ended up burying his family whilst his brother and him were in town to sell their harvest. The year following there was an attack by grimm, which caused the death of his brother and his blindness. As a result he strives to become a hunter in order to protect those who needed it.

Weapon: Eshell's weapon choice is a set of matching daggers that use a special mix of dust to inflict poison to his enemies. This poison causes temporary blindness to humans and faunus whilst causing semi-paralysis to grimm. The daggers are black in colour with blue swirls that show when in sunlight. The hilts are also black but are blue when in sunlight. They are his most precious possessions so he will not allow anyone to touch them.

Semblance:He tends to fight from the shadows, using his semblance of invisibility and muffling to slip past his enemy and deal a deadly blow that they will never see coming. On the other hand he can only remain invisible when in shadows or at night.

Fighting style: Quiet, assassin like.
Motivation: Death of last living relative
NPC/PC: PC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll let y'all figure out the semblance details, then. Since it seems Indolent has some ideas, maybe you two could even discuss ideas through PM, Tyrannt. ^^

23eb9464ff52e7306ad25b756a22be2e.jpg

Eshell Tyr - The Blind Ghost - PC

This white haired boy was raised in the kingdom of Nysa. He was raised on a farm with his faunas mother, human father and five siblings. Like his only brother he was not be born a faunus and was the only one there with red eyes. Being a scrawny child, his younger brother often took better care of him and helped when it was needed. However, as is likely to happen when living next to a snow capped mountain, there was a blizzard, followed by an avalanche that ended up burying his family whilst his brother and him were in town to sell their harvest. The year following there was an attack by grimm, which caused the death of his brother and his blindness. As a result he strives to become a hunter in order to protect those who needed it.

Eshell's weapon choice is a set of matching daggers that use a special mix of dust to inflict poison to his enemies. This poison causes temporary blindness to humans and faunus whilst causing semi-paralysis to grimm. The daggers are black in colour with blue swirls that show when in sunlight. The hilts are also black but are blue when in sunlight. They are his most precious possessions so he will not allow anyone to touch them. He tends to fight from the shadows, using his semblance of invisibility and muffling to slip past his enemy and deal a deadly blow that they will never see coming. On the other hand he can only remain invisible when in shadows or at night.
Looks good so far as I can tell, but can you please edit so it's in the given CS format? Thanks! :D

Out of curiosity, any Ideas for Team names yet? or teams in General?

Hmm, to join or not to join as I have another OC that could be tested, but I don't want to overburden myself.

Also, don't worry, I ain't gonna ship Ruby and Tyrian.

I'm gonna ship Tyrian and Cinder! Maybe Salem.

I'll let y'all figure out the semblance details, then. Since it seems Indolent has some ideas, maybe you two could even discuss ideas through PM, Tyrannt. ^^

Looks good so far as I can tell, but can you please edit so it's in the given CS format? Thanks! :D
Done.

Out of curiosity, any Ideas for Team names yet? or teams in General?
I've got some ideas! Haven't yet decided anything solid though since people are still signing up.

Hmm, to join or not to join as I have another OC that could be tested, but I don't want to overburden myself.

Also, don't worry, I ain't gonna ship Ruby and Tyrian.

I'm gonna ship Tyrian and Cinder! Maybe Salem.
Well, you're more than welcome to join.

Good to go! Out of curiosity, though, what kind of Faunus is he?

• Thank You
Reactions: Archwar
I've got some ideas! Haven't yet decided anything solid though since people are still signing up.

Well, you're more than welcome to join.

Good to go! Out of curiosity, though, what kind of Faunus is he?
Oh, Eshell isn't a faunus, only the girls were born as faunus. But if you'd like to know, those who were would have been bats.