For the next day, everything for the reacquainted couple had gone perfectly. Together they started the day with a grand breakfast, cuddled up in bed. They took a shower and things, like the first time they met, became heated. They started the journey to New Jersey, driving in one of Vincent's classic and expensive cars, before reaching the property of Fred Tuplinksi, where Theo quickly made him confess to his crimes before crushing his heart into ashes and sending his soul where it belonged. From there, he pulled Vincent upstairs to steal anything of value before finally finding an expensive New Jersey hotel to dine on an exquisite meal and settle for the night.

This was just how Theo wanted things to be. The whole day had been so... exciting. It made him feel alive when he collected a soul, and he adored the whole process of murdering the sinful. Having Vincent not just accept that but join in with him too was wonderful, and it made him fall in love with him all the more.

Except... the forces in Hell weren't happy. Little did Theo realise they were monitoring their little assassin, and when they realised he'd skipped a name and chosen to reveal himself to Vincent without taking his soul, they were genuinely furious. Theodore knew that was coming, but he didn't expect it just a day after his decision. So, it was horrifying to wake up in the morning to see a demon in his hotel room. As Vincent slept, Theo argued under his breath, trying to defend his position to the messenger demon... though inevitably, things became violent and voices became raised.

"I... I am not killing him, he's... you don't understand! I was human. He was m-my everything. My feelings don't change because I became a demon, that's so silly!"

"...You were supposed to do what you were told, Bonucci. Kill the names that appear. Vincent Levard was one of the names. Ergo, you kill him."

"I... I mean..."

"Lucifer isn't too pleased. He rather liked you," tutted the other demon, who was nursing a bloody lip while Theo held a tissue to his own bloody nose after their little fight. "Had big plans for you. Now I'm here and I only get sent out of Hell if Lucifer's really pissed off."

1170.png

Vincent was bound to wake up from the loud voices. He had to admit, the day before had been marvelous. He hadn't had so much fun in his entire life. Theodore was so beautiful when he crushed people's hearts with his bare hands. He felt like he was falling in love again with the man. Everything was perfect. And they ended their night perfect, and he expected to start this day out perfect. However, it wasn't starting off so grand.

He woke up seeing the love of his life, nursing a bloody nose, and some random demon in their room. Getting up from the bed, he quickly went to his lover, looking at his bloody nose concerned, before glaring over at the demon. Was he scared? No, not really. This demon just hurt the love of his life. "Who the hell are you? And what's going on, why is his nose bleeding?" He growled.

"Baby, don't... yell like that. I'm... fine. I'm fine! I'm a tough, strong man," purred Theo, attempting to quash his boyfriend's anger with some flirtatiousness. Of course, with his nose continuing to spurt blood, some flirty winks was hardly going to help calm the situation much. Awkwardly downing a glass of vodka to help deal with the pain, and the whole stress of the situation itself, he finally opted to deal with Vincent by forcing him down and sitting on his lap, at least to keep him in place.

"This is Aakil. He's... a messenger who's come to tell me off because I haven't killed you," the boy sighed as he dramatically rested back and filled his glass back up. "I've apparently been a naughty little demon and they're all so very mad at me."

"...Because you've completely disrespected the opportunity you've been given by our Lord, don't you see that?" Grunted Aakil as he grumpily tossed the bloody tissue aside, setting his cold eyes onto Vincent. "You should be dead. You've been sinning for years and you don't deserve any kindness from our species."

"Any kindness from demons? Oh, how ironic." Vincent growled, resting his chin on Theo's shoulder as his arms circled around his waist. Luckily Theodore was sitting on his lap, calming the man down. "You should be thanking me for being such a sinner. If I wasn't you'd be out of a job. And I don't understand why you're telling me off for being a sinner. I mean...I doubt you're pure and a saint. You're literally a demon for crying out loud."

Sighing he kissed Theodore's shoulder purring softly. "...are you sure you're okay love? That looks like it hurts. Aakil or whatever your name is, you should go. You've already hurt Theodore for no reason at all."

Oh, this human was definitely courageous. Idiotic, but courageous.

In fact, the ridiculously outrageous defence from Vincent made Aakil's lips twitch into a smile. It was rare for him to even step foot on Earth, and even rarer to meet a human like this, who had no real respect for the dark forces he was insulting. He clearly realised he was talking to a demon, a creature that could kill him without breaking a sweat, and yet he proceeded to do so in defence of Theodore? Again, that was idiotic, but it was commendable.

"He attacked me first. He's a feisty little thing. It's why we like him. It's why we want him to succeed. You're ruining things," sighed Aakil as he moved to take a drink for himself. "The Lord doesn't want interference in his plans. He likes... order, not disorder."

"He means Lucifer. He... I told you I met him, right? He... He gave me this chance and I'm sort of disobeying him for you," clarified Theo with a devious grin on his face, not accepting how serious the situation really was. "You're such a bad influence on me, Levard~"

"Oh, the human is the bad influence on the demon~?" He chuckled, moving to kiss along his lover's neck. "Well we're in love, we can't help it." He grumbled before looking back at the other demon who decided to pour himself a drink. "Well...If this Lucifer comes himself and tries to yell at Theodore, I'll kill myself to make things right. Simple. But until then you should just allow us to have our fun."

Vincent spoke about his own death so lightly. It didn't matter to him after all. He knew when he died, he'd be going somewhere...Terrible. And he'd suffer for his sins for all eternity. But he was okay with that. As long as he got to be with Theodore before he died, he was fine with it.

"You really think my Lord would come to your petty world just for little Theodore Bonnuci? Oh my, humans really are so wonderfully stupid, aren't they?" Tittered the demon as he quietly sipped at the vodka, nodding approvingly at how strong it was. He needed to deal with the constant idiocy from Vincent, after all, so some alcohol hopefully numbed him to the stupid remarks. Of course, not everything he said was stupid.

Because Lucifer would come if he had to. Aakil was genuinely quite surprised he cared this much about some silly little human-turned-demon who was happy to disobey him so easily, but the man was very invested in Theodore. Aakil had no doubts he'd arrive if he had to.

And Theodore clearly had an inkling too, given his smug smirks. It was rather an honour to have such an effect on a man like Lucifer, after all. "I think he'd come for me, I'm very lovable. I managed to make the greatest gangster in New York fall in love with me in just a few minutes. I have no doubt that I've made Lucifer fall for me too. Gosh, I have a talent for attracting dangerous men~"

"Well, you still only love me right?" Asked Vincent with a pout as he kissed along his neck. He played it off with a smile however he was upset. He didn't like the fact that Lucifer liked his Theodore. Sure Theodore was amazing and was the most easiest person to fall in love with. But he was his. Vincent wasn't going to lose him

"Do you think I'd be disobeying the Devil if I didn't love you?" He challenged in riposte, his smile rowing wider when noticing that Aakil had quietly made his exit. Not that that would be the end of the drama. Theo was smart enough to realise that was this far from the end of things, but the demon love of drama was kicking in. Being the object of two male desires was so flattering that he almost had to pinch himself.

He loved Vincent dearly, but knowing that, potentially, someone who ruled Hell liked him? Well, it was definitely a proud moment for Theo. He'd gone from being a murdered human to a demon even Lucifer found enticing. How was that not a proud thing?

Smiling softly, he pulled the other into a kiss. "I know you adore me, love...I mean we are basically made for each other. And while I don't have a kingdom of damaged souls to offer, I do have New York, and that's the same thing." He teased as he moved to nip his ear. "...I don't want to lose you again. Even if I have to stand up to Luifer himself, I refuse to lose you again." He mumbled to himself. Yes he was that in love, that crazy to stand up to the Devil.

"What if Lucifer really, really loves me? It's not a totally crazy idea. Look at me, I'm kind of fabulous these days,
non è arrogante; è solo un fatto~" He purred into his lover's ear, purposely doing so to be able to press their bodies up closer together. It was another little chance in Theo that was probably appreciated. As a human, he often found himself growing too bashful to even experiment with kisses. This new Theo, however, was more than happy to initiate affection and be really inventive with his touches and kisses.

"Yes, I know it's a fact, but another fact is you're mine. So I don't care if he loves you, I'm not giving you up." Smirked Vincent, leaning in to capture those lips. He loved Theodore, and he was aware of the fact that telling off Lucifer spelled out death for him. But he couldn't exactly care at this moment. He finally had Theodore back after ten longs years. And he wasn't going to allow someone to steal him away without a fight.

He knew he was essentially playing with fire, but the excitement that brought was far too tempting to turn down. He fully realised that messing around with forces like Lucifer was far from wise, but... well, Theodore had always thrived off dangerous situation. As a human, he would beg Vincent to allow him to sit with his gang, just to join in the excitement and the thrill of hearing them discuss plans. The only difference now was his ability to act, rather than just listen.

So, despite knowing the danger his disobedience was bringing, he proceeded to spend the next few months continuing to just... have fun with Vincent. They ticked more names off the list, travelling across the country on cute little roadtrips. In fact, most of the time they acted normally. They stopped at cute diners, checked into motels (though, of course, only ones that Theodore felt were worthy) and they'd just enjoy one another's company. Of course, when it came to murdering some sinner, that was less normal but they thrived off that too - one of them was a demon and the other wasn't quite sane. Quite obviously, murder wasn't that big an issue, and it often ended with them just having sex and then stealing some things from the victim before returning to New York to attend to Vincent's thriving businesses.

Everything, for five months or so, was just perfect. On that day, Theodore assumed that it was just another cute day with Vincent. They'd driven from East to West to arrive in California, and despite the long drive, it had been perfect. Now, as they neared the state, the sea views along the road were gorgeous, and Theo, with his sunglasses on and a grin on his face, soaked up every single second of it.

At least until glancing in the mirror to check behind him and noticing a figure in the car with them, relaxed in the backseat with a beer in hand. The fact Theo didn't even flinch or let out a noise in shock was commendable. In fact, the boy merely grinned in delight - he did love drama and danger, and Lucifer being sat right behind them like this was hilarious.

"Nice of you to show up eventually, darlin'. Vinny, babe, this is Lucifer. Lucy. Luke. Whatever he goes by these days."

"Lucy's fine. You can call me whatever you want to, Theodore, even if you've been a naughty little demon lately," purred the renowned demon back in reply, his handsome features pulling into a smirk. "i see Vincent is still alive. How... wonderful. You've set a new record. No demon's disobeyed me like this-- I like that."

1173.jpg

For the last five months, his life had been nothing but perfection. So amazingly free of flaws. He'd been so happy, and he had so much fun. He felt like it should be illegal to have this much fun!....Well, what he was doing was illegal, so yeah it was illegal to have that much fun. He knew that what they were doing was dangerous. The King of the Underworld was bound to come and ruin their fun, but Vincent was never one to abide by rules or to be afraid of anything.

Now they were in California, off to kill however was next on their list. But their cute moment and cute road trip were ruined with Lucifer finally decided to pop up. Glancing in the rearview mirror, Vinny arched his brow, before looking back at the road. "It's so wonderful for you to finally pop up, Lucy right? What brings you to California?" He asked with a polite smile, going to hold his lover's hand.

"Oh, Lucy. Lucifer. Satan. Lord of Sin. King of the Underworld. Your worst nightmare--"

"See how dramatic he is? He's supposed to be the scariest being in existence, especially for me because I was a Catholic and my parents struck fear into me about the Devil, but he's just so funny," cooed Theodore back at the handsome man, whose remark clearly had the right response. There was definitely an obvious bond between the two, with Theo purring and grinning back at the man every few seconds.

And clearly, Lucifer had to have some interest in Theo to bother coming all this way just for him.

"I must say, Vincent, you're cuter than I imagined," he continued as he pressed in closer from behind. "Why don't you just let me kill you so Theodore isn't disobeying me? I promise not to torture your damned soul too much. I'll be gentle~"

"Hmm...No. You see, Theodore, my love wants me here. And I'm going to stay with him for as long as he wants. When I grow old and wrinkly then you can have me." Smiled the human. Maybe he shouldn't be this smug with the King of the Underworld, but he was. "Wow, I never imagined you to be cute as well, Lucy. Odd." He smirked,

There was only so much playing and goofing around the man could take. He didn't want to be up here anyway, so to have to deal with not just Theodore's disrespect, but this smug human's too? He was hardly best pleased, and the moment his smile dropped and he began to scowl was precisely the moment Theodore pulled up at the side of the road in genuine fear. He could fool about and have fun, but he had never forgotten just who he was talking to. The other did terrify him when he wasn't jovial and joking, and Theo knew in that moment he'd gone way too far.

"I... D-Don't... w-we were just... joking a-around-- we were heading t-to tick more names off the list f-for you! We've done a good job, r-right? I don't... want this t-to be over, I..."

"Are you going to cry? I didn't know you were that pathetic," taunted Lucy, his reddened eyes rolling as he pushed himself closer, just to watch Theo recoil with a whimper. "...You're coming back with me, it wasn't an option. I'm also going to kill your boyfriend, that wasn't optional either."

Vinny glared at Lucifer. "Back away from him! You're scaring him! All I need to do is die, right? Well, I'll do that, just leave him out of this, you have no reason to be angry with him. It was me who changed his mind and made him want to disobey you. So you should be angry with me." Growled the gangster before pulling out a gun from the glove department of his car.

Loading it up easily, he looked at Theodore. He smiled softly, leaning over to cup his cheek and kiss him. Pulling away from the kiss, he leaned close to his ear to whisper, "...I love you. Thank you for making my last months a dream." He then pressed the gun to his own head, and pulled the trigger without hesitation and killed himself.

While Lucifer grinned in delight at the scene that took part, his eyes quite literally glittering as the blood splattered over him. Of course he would indulge in the bloodiness, even licking his lip free of blood. Theo, meanwhile, didn't quite understand how to react. A brief part of him was genuinely relieved that Vincent had committed suicide. It meant that Theo didn't have to kill him himself, which was what he'd be forced to do eventually. This meant he could continue to live his life without punishment for disobedience.

But obviously, the overriding emotion was pure horror and grief. This must have been how Vincent felt when he killed Theo all those years ago, and it wasn't an emotion Theo expected to feel. It felt like he was being torn apart from the inside-out, his eyes unable to look away from the lifeless body of the man he loved. He knew that he could see Vincent again, it wasn't really... the last time he'd see him. But he'd only get to see him as a soul in Hell know, watch him be tortured severely for his life of sin, and it wasn't really how he wanted to ever see Vincent. Vincent, to him, was always a strong, powerful, dangerous man who commanded others; Theo didn't want to see him a shell of his former self, being hurt and tortured by demons. He didn't think he could cope seeing that.

But Theodore didn't even have that chance, because Lucifer seemed to have other plans. Rather than let Vincent's soul be grouped in with the other sinners, he went that one step further in terms of cruelty - he isolated Vincent's soul, specifically locking him away in the outskirts to dwell amongst the vicious creatures that roamed Hell. There, he didn't care what happened to Vincent. He didn't care if he got savaged by these beasts every night, he didn't care if a rogue demon turned him, he didn't even care if Vincent lived a content life without the torture other human souls went through. All he cared about was that he'd been banished and couldn't trek into the main kingdom, where Theodore would be.

For the first few years, Theodore tried everything he could to find out where Vincent was. After organising a proper funeral burial for him, he did relocate to Hell because he hoped that he could help Vincent somehow-- but how could you help someone when you didn't even know where they were? With Lucifer equally unaware, having simply banished the soul without any idea where he was banishing it to, Theodore was left with no chance but to move on. He couldn't go trekking about in search of the man. Not when he was Lucifer's favourite plaything.

Their relationship (because that's how things ended up becoming) was hardly normal. Theodore did have a habit of choosing dangerous partners. First he was with the most dangerous man in New York, and then the most dangerous man in not just the Underworld, but in the world itself. He did clearly have a... type, and neither of his two relationships had been perfectly examples of domesticity. He was involved in a gang with Vincent, and then embarked on a murder spree with him, even if he only killed the already sinful - though there was hardly a moral justification for murder.

With Lucifer... things were a little twisted. He had grown to love him, and the feelings were mutual. Theo enjoyed another lavish lifestyle at the hands of a generous lover who showered him with gifts and demanded that Theo gain the respect he deserved. So they did love one another... but that made what they got up to all the more twisted.

Because Theo, with the encouragement of Lucifer, had ventured into prostitution, stripping, lap-dancing... everything associated with that, Theo did. He was, of course, at the higher-end of the market; he only associated with the rich demons and the ones that Lucifer approved of, but he was still... doing them, while his boyfriend openly encouraged him. It was a strange relationship, they both knew that, but Theo liked his work. He enjoyed being able to show himself off on stages and dance and drink and flirt for money and fame-- because he had become famous in Hell for his work. He was even adored and celebrated because of it, and for someone who thrived off attention, it became addictive.

When he was human, he would have called people like that 'whores' and 'sluts', turned his nose up at them-- and now he was one of them, but he didn't for one second hate himself. He had riches beyond belief, he had a whole kingdom of demons who worshipped him, he got to drink, party and have sex each night with handsome men and women-- as well as his dear Lucifer who he did love more than ever. Did he think about Vincent sometimes? He did, especially when he considered how drastically his life had changed, but was there any reason to think about him when a) he had no idea where he was, and b) he had a fabulous life and thinking about Vincent only depressed him?

Besides, Lucifer hardly liked it when he got depressed, so staying upbeat, even if that meant forgetting Vincent, was paramount. It was what he was doing right now as he sat at the edge of the stage in the grand bar he worked at in Hell, sipping at his vodka cocktail. It was the 21st century now, in a year he was never supposed to be alive to see, yet here he was, being able to sit and watch his fellow coworkers prepare for the night ahead. He was grateful for the life he had. He was supposed to be like every other human that was sent to Hell - tortured for their sins for eternity. Yet, he was fortunate enough to have somehow... landed himself a position like this, and he wasn't taking it for granted.

"Lucifer will be along in a little while, you'd better clean the tables properly," he cooed towards a young succubus that he worked with, while he simply sat back and petted the demonic pet Lucy had recently bought for him, gently combing back its pink fur. "I won't break my nails cleaning, Lucy says that I have such beautiful hands that aren't meant for menial work-- oh, put your back into it, Pearl, you're so lazy~"

tumblr_oz83tn1Mqv1u03t8lo2_1280.png

Where was Vincent all of those years? Well the first few years, he was in the Outlands. He'd been tortured endlessly by savaged beasts. He begged for death, but of course, that never came. He'd already been dead. They tortured him in ways he didn't even think was possible. Skinned him alive, submerged him in lava pools, broke all the bones he had. They even went in his memories to see who he loved. When they found out it was Theodore, they used magic to make a regular demon appear to be Theodore, before torturing and killing that demon in front of him. They did something new every fucking day. Vincent had been crazy before. He'd gone off the deep end with this torturing.

The torturing lasted for years. He didn't even know how long it had been. He just knew he'd been in excruciating pain. You'd think he'd grow numb to pain, but he didn't. He just wanted it all to be over. That's when a group of angels found him. The angels were in Hell for a secret mission. They were there to kill the important demons. The found Vincent and saw how broken and distorted he was. They decided they could use him. They knew that he would have a burning rage and hate for demons, so he'd be glad to kill them. They asked him if he wanted the power to kill off the demons, and of course, he answered yes. So they all turned him into a powerful demon. In the process, they wiped any of is human memories. He forgot his human life and forgot Theodore as well. He only remembered the torturing and suffering he'd gone through.

He had been turned into a real killing machine. And that was only about two years ago. At first, only common demons were being found murdered in the most gruesome and disgusting ways. But as of recently, it was demons with some power, and it was causing a stir and a fright for some demons. Vincent had no emotions, he loved and cared for no one. Well, no one but one. An angel named Kamil. Their relationship is...odd. Kamil isn't allowed to touch him, or anything like that. The demon isn't pure enough for him to touch. But he tells him he cares about Vincent. And Vincent is fond of him. Protects him, and actually talks to him.

The angels have named Vincent something else as well. Project Zee. Which is shortened to Zee. And Vincent or Zee actually answers to it. He is far from that powerful gangster who ran New York. He is now simply a killing machine, with a bloodlust. And he wants every demon dead.

Pearl huffed as she wiped the tables. "...Did you hear what happened to the councilman? They said...They said they found him and his family dead. They were even recognizable. Said his wife was skinned and hanged from their chandelier while his face was bashed in." Mumbled the girl.

b8bbdfe040d09f6105863f9c0770b2a6.jpg