This was a place Theodore came a lot with Daniel all those years ago. Daniel didn't have the family he had now, and obviously, Vincent couldn't spend every night with Theo, so he and Daniel often met up like this to relax and unwind after the long shift at the speakeasy. Sitting here with him now was another nostalgic moment, smiling across at the now older man. He was genuinely happy that Daniel had the life he'd often worried he'd never have. Good people deserved to get what they wanted in life, and Daniel was definitely one of them.

Pouring sugar into his tea, he gave it a stir before looking back over at the man. "...I'm not Oliver. I mean, that's the persona I've made up, but it isn't me. I can't... let you go telling Vincent or anyone else about who I am, but... I'm Theodore. I... It's a long story, really, but I... I needed to tell someone and you were like my best friend, so I thought... I could trust you," he began with a weak smile, choosing not to tell him the specifics. He wasn't going to tell him that he was Hell's assassin, after all. But he would tell him about what Vincent had done to him, at least.

"He killed me, you know. Vincent, I mean. Shot me right in the head," he muttered, lifting his hair to the side to show the red scar. "I... kinda got another chance at life, and... I couldn't come back to this city as Theodore. Vincent killed me, I couldn't just come back as the guy he had cremated, that'd send him insane and... I kinda want to get my revenge on him. The guy murdered me, I'm entitled to play with his feelings and his emotions, right?"

A whirlwind of emotions hit him. Confusion, happiness, sadness, relief, anger. All of it hit him. Of course, the man was confused. If Theodore really did die back then, then how is he even here right now? But he was happy and relieved to see him. He missed Theodore so much, and the boy had really been his best friend back then, even if he'd always been almost ten years older than him. And he was sad, sad to hear that Vincent killed him, and angry with Vincent for doing so.

Daniel opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He tried about four times before words actually formed. "Y-You...So you are Th-Theo? Dammit Theo I-I mi-missed ya so mu-much, but h-how is th-this even possible?! An-And...C-Cremated? Y...You and Vincent? You two w-were....lovers?" He whispered and looked down at the table, all of it making sense and not making sense at the same time. Theo and Vincent had always been close. And they did look at each other a lot back then. And...And a while ago he did hear odd sounds coming from the backroom in the speakeasy, and shortly after those two did come out, but he didn't think they actually...

Running a hand down his face, he shook his head. "This is crazy...So...So you're going to kill Vincent?" He asked looking at him wide-eyed. Taking another long sip of his coffee, he looked down at himself. "This is crazy news..."

Revealing his and Vincent's homosexuality to someone might have been ridiculously reckless... but so was revealing that he'd died and been granted life again. Besides, he trusted Daniel. He had always wanted to tell him why he and Vincent were so close, but back then, he'd been far too nervous to. Right now, though, he really didn't care about the news potentially reaching other ears. He knew Daniel wouldn't breathe a word of it to anyone, but even if he did, Theo didn't care too much. Not now, anyway.

"I loved him. A lot. I know it's not acceptable, I know that, Dan. He was the love of my life though. Imagine your wife killing you. it'd hurt, wouldn't it? You love her and... it'd be the ultimate betrayal if she just put a bullet in your head. So yes, I'm going to kill him. Not... now, though. I want to play around first, though. I... I don't have to fear him. He can't kill me again. But... anyway, I... you look really old, Danny," he pointed out as he cheekily sipped at his tea. "I haven't aged a day and you're almost forty. With a wife and a kid!"

He thought about his own wife killing him, and he couldn't imagine the type of hurt he'd go through. It must have been hard for Theo. He didn't understand it but...If this was Theo, then he was glad he was back. Laughing a bit, he rolled his eyes. "...Yeah, I'm an old man now. But hey, I look good for my age." Chuckled the man as he sipped down the last bit of his coffee.

"You know...You should meet my wife and daughter. My daughter is a feisty one. Only seven years old, and challenging boys. What girl does that?" Laughed the man happily. "I um...I married Mary Anne. You know, that beautiful girl I used to go on and on about?" He chuckled. Ten years ago, Daniel used to go on and on about this beautiful woman he saw working in some makeup department. He'd always say he'd make her his bride one day.

"...You managed to marry her? That's... I'm so happy for you," he began with a genuine smile, even if all this just reminded him of how much he had missed. He never had the chance to make a real life for himself. It would have been difficult to do that anyway, when he was gay, but he still could have had more years of happiness and engagement in the world. Instead, he'd spent nine years in limbo; in eternal blackness, with no communication with anyone. It had been hellish for him, and hearing how good Daniel's life had been really consolidated the fact he hadn't had any of that.

"...You could have complimented my blonde hair," the boy pointed out with a smile. "I think it's cute, and Vincent hates it. It's mostly why I chose blonde. He hates blondes."

"Well, I think that blonde is adorable on you." Chuckled the man, smiling at him. "After you croak Vincent, you gonna linger around, right? We can go down to my cabin like we planned for a fishing trip. It'll be fun!" Grinned the man. "And you have to come over, Mary Anne makes the best pasta, she's Italian like you. You guys would probably get along great."

Daniel was obviously happy to have Theodore back in his life. He wanted to continue being friends with him, continue there friendship just where they left off. "You'd love my daughter too, she's so feisty. And she hates dresses. She likes to play catch with me, ain't that amazing? What girl likes sports? She loves going down and seeing the horse races too."

"I'll linger around, sure! I could cook a proper Italian meal with your wife, that'd be great. We could make tiramisu for dessert," he gushed happily, his eyes lighting up at the thought as more aspects of his more softer side came through. This was how, at his core, Theodore was: happy and sweet and pretty adorable. He still had all that, of course, but he was just less inclined to show people that. He could trust Daniel, though.

"You know, Vincent used to cook for me all the time. You'd be amazed what I had him doing. He's this big scary gangster, right? I had him kissing my feet and kneeling in front of me," boasted Theo as he reached to finally eat his ice cream. "...How's he been since I was away? More of an asshole?"

"The biggest asshole ever." Grimaced Daniel as he played with his empty cup of coffee. "He...He's just so damn cold-hearted now. I mean he's always been an ass, but after...Well you know, he'd kill people for no reason at all. I was scared for my life for a little bit. I...I caught him once. Talking to that necklace of his...He looked literally crazy. Once, one of his floozies tried to take the necklace off of him, saying it was outdated, he shot her in the head. Can you believe that? He shot a woman right in the middle of the bar."

Shaking a bit at the memory, he shook his head. "I'm...I'll be happy once he's gone. Sure he's my boss but...He's a crazy man, and he needs to go. So when did ya get rich, huh?" He asked, looking at the nice watch the other was wearing, and also nice shoes. "I mean back then you always had really nice things...I don't know how I didn't know you two were lovers. He bought ya so many fur coats and designer bags."

Rather than be horrified by the act of violence, Theodore genuinely found himself smiling at Vincent's behaviour. He was clearly far from over Theo, and he was glad that he'd grieved and suffered all these years. He deserved to have a miserable life, and Theo was intent on making it worse for him.

"I told you, I worked with gangs in Chicago, got myself close to the leading families there-- though none of them were as rich as Vincent. He did spoil me, didn't he? I mean... it's what makes what he did worse. He cherished me-- the asshole. I... look, I'll figure it out, you don't need to worry about it."

"Alright, alright." Mumbled Dan. He was a little worried about how Theodore would go about this, but he trusted him. Soon Vincent would be out of the picture, and he and Theodore could be friends again. Maybe Theodore would meet someone, fall in love and just live a happy normal life. The next day, Vincent had sent for Theodore, who he believed was Oliver. When Oliver had got there, he told the other to put the dark wig he had on, as well as put on some fancy looking clothes. They were Theodore old clothes. He still had them.

Once the other was changed and dressed, Vincent looked at him. His eyes were drowning in emotion as he stared at him sadly. "Don't speak, it'll ruin the illusion." He told the other. The way Theodore spoke now was so different from how he used to speak. Since he became a demon he had confidence, as well as the accent most demons had. It was a slight difference from his old Italian accent but Vincent noticed it.

Vincent walked over, moving to cup his cheeks as he stared at him as if he might cry.

Theodore was in a great mood until he visited (or rather, was brought to) Vincent. The main reason for this was the fact one of Vincent's closest allies in his gang had been found dead just that morning, found on the street as snow fell around him with his heart literally ripped from his chest. He had been dumped there, minutes from his flashy uptown apartment, and left to be found... but Theodore, of course. After murdering the woman Vincent had been with, he quickly moved onto the next name that appeared on his list.

He hoped he'd arrive and see Vincent panicked, worried about the murder of his confidant and the brutal way he'd been killed. Instead, he had to get dressed up and see the man act all emotional, and it did piss him off. Greatly.

"...What the hell is this? I'm not dressing up," he mumbled as he tore the wig off with an angry frown. "I'm... not Theodore. Stop making me pretend I am. I... I'm not."

He stared at the wig on the floor, grimacing as he bent down to pick it up. If it were anyone else who'd done that, they'd be punished. But...This boy looked so much like his beloved Theodore. "...I know this. I know this. I know it well, just...Just wear it." He hissed, giving him the wig. "Just fucking wear the wig. I just...It helps." He mumbled. When seeing he made no move to take the wig, he growled angrily, before throwing the wig.

His hand reached up to hold his necklace as if to calm his nerves. "You...You work for me, so you do as I say If I say act like him, you fucking do it!"

"...Were you lovers? Is that why you're so upset? Men don't get this upset over other men if they're just friends. I assume he left you, I can't possibly understand why. And you can yell at me all you like, I know you're just emotional right now," he patronised with another confident smile, sitting himself down and placing a leg over the other, tapping his painted nails against his knee. He had absolutely no reason to panic or fret out about the other's anger. He could try to kill him-- but he wouldn't succeed. Having immortality was the best confidence-boost you could possibly get.

"I heard about that horrid murder that happened today. Your guard got murdered, didn't he? I assume that's why you're so emotional," he continued with a growing smirk on his lips. "Didn't he have his heart ripped out of him? How... morbid."

"He's replaceable." Mumbled Vincent uncaringly. Why would he care if some guard died? Sure the man's been with him for ten plus years, but he didn't exactly care. "...Theodore didn't leave me, he'd never leave me he loved me." Mumbled the man as he went to sit down, looking at the other. "...I killed him. So no one could ever take him away from me. He's mine forever." He whispered, that crazed glint clear as day in his eyes as he held his necklace, looking down at it.

"Theodore...Loved me so much. He was perfect. So perfect...Maybe that guard's death is getting to me...I'm not thinking straight...His heart was tore from his chest...Maybe I'll die soon..." He whispered before looking back up at Theodore. "...Maybe...Maybe Theodore sent you to me...So I could see his face before I died." His insane side was showing more and more by the second, in order to bring himself down, he got his pipe and put tobacco in it. He needed to smoke.

"You killed him, and you think he'd do something that kind for you? I doubt that very much. I'm sure if someone I loved killed me, I'd be furious and out for revenge. But I didn't know Theo. Maybe he's more the forgiving type?" He recommended as he simply rested back and let his eyes close slowly, mostly because it helped him to relax-- and if he didn't relax, he'd be pummelling his fists onto Vincent's treacherous little face.

"If you want me to dress up and pretend to be your darling Theo, you can dream on. With all due respect, it's creepy and I won't do it. If that's all I'm here for, can I go now? You're scaring me."

"...Of course...Theodore's angry with me...He wants me to suffer and die...I...I don't blame him...I...I love him so much, he's mine, and I wanted him all to myself. I didn't want anyone to take him away from me...You...You can't leave." He whispered and looked at him, grabbing his wrist desperately. "..Stay with me...I don't...I don't know when my time will come, but you have to stay until then. I know you aren't Theodore but...I rather die with you near me. It'll...It'll be fine then."

"You look and sound pathetic. Aren't you this big, scary gangster in charge of dozens of men? And you're begging me? How disappointing, to see how far you've fallen. I thought you'd be strong and cold and dominating. But you're not. You're really weak. Theodore's dead, you killed him. The afterlife doesn't exist. He's nothing more than a pile of ash because of you. Why are you still crying about it?" He taunted with a genuinely delighted grin on his face. Seeing the man like this, pathetic and emotional, was the greatest sight he could have had. It was glorious to see him like this, and a few more murders of his closest gang members should make him panic even more about his future demise.

"...You're Vincent Levard. And you're scared of... what exactly? The non-existent spirit of the lover you murdered? You do realise your rivals will laugh at you for this, don't you? I'm laughing at you, and I'm just a common guy."

"Why would I ever be afraid of Theodore? I adore him! And there is an afterlife! He's enjoying it, and I killed him yes! But I did it because I loved him! He'd have been kidnap by a rival gang, or he would have tried to leave me. I'm not afraid of anything." He growled standing up and gripping the boy by his neck choking him. "And you may look like him but you aren't him, so don't think you have some kind of free pass at laughing at me." He growled, tossing him to the ground, however, he still didn't use all of his strength.

He was still wary about hurting Oliver, even if he knew this wasn't Theodore. He still didn't want to hurt him. "You don't understand, Oliver...You couldn't possibly understand me...You...You talk like you know everything but you don't. I had to kill Theodore...It was th only way. And yes, I'm still upset about it...Because he was my everything...I-I'm so fu-fucking stupid...I...I should have just g-gave up this stu-stupid gangster life...I...I'd give anything." He whimpered, once again cracking, Oliver's words were obviously having an effect on him.

After the taunting and the laughing came a sudden twist in Theodore's behaviour. He quietly got up from the ground and proceeded to gently take Vincent's hand, running his thumb over his knuckles like he used to a decade ago. He began to comfort and support him like he used to. He didn't want to be this close to the man that murdered him, but it was part of the plan - make Vincent dependent on him, win his trust and his attention, and then rip it all from him with the truth in a few months. To do that, he had to bite back his hatred and put on a good acting performance.

"...Look, I'm sure Theodore's... forgiven you. It was for the best. When animals are in pain, their owners put them down for their own good. Theo was going to get hurt and you put a stop to that before it happened. I'm sure... he understands that," he supportively smiled, pulling back to pour himself a drink. "I understand it, now you've explained properly. I... don't think you're weak, by the way. I just think you needed to... tell someone this. Open up a bit. You can start pulling yourself together now-- god, I should be a therapist~"

Vincent began to calm down when the demon rubbed his hand like he did all those years ago. It still worked like a charm. He looked over at the over, wiping his face quickly. "...He forgives me?...I...I've..." He looked down at his locket, holding it tightly in his palm before taking a few breaths. It was what he needed to hear, and Theodore's plan was working perfectly. "...Oliver...You should be a therapist, you're good with words. Theo was too."

Standing up in his leather chair, he walked over to the other, looking at him as if for the first time. He was so sweet...Even after Vincent choked him. Like a little angel...Maybe Theodore really did send this boy here to help him. Smiling a bit at the comforting-but terribly wrong-thought, he poured himself a drink as well. "...I'd like to apologize for scaring you and...Hurting you. Why don't I treat you to dinner? What would you like?"