It was a good thing Vincent interrupted when he did because the blissfully naive Theodore was just about to ask the other bartender if he had been romantic with the gangster too. The way Daniel spoke sounded like a jilted lover, and, given Vincent had been so flirtatious within just five minutes of meeting Theo, it didn't seem too outrageous to think he'd been that way with others.

Thankfully, he didn't have a chance to reveal Vincent's (and his) sexuality - he was called away before that particular disaster could be realised.

Smiling as he handed over the drinks, none of what Daniel said and warned him about really... sunk in. He wanted to keep his distance, but Vincent was the first man he'd ever kissed and hugged; the first person he'd ever revealed his sexuality to. He fell hard for him in such a small time, and seeing him cuddled with this women was... difficult. He knew it was all for show, but still, that didn't mean he could hide the frown on his face.

"Is... that all? There's nothing else I can get for you?"

"No, that's all. Thank you, Theodore. You are doing excellent." Smiled the gangster offering him a wink. Thankfully he didn't ask Daniel if he was a lover. Vincent had only kissed one man. And that was Theodore. And Daniel surely wasn't gay, but it was easy to mistake it by the way he spoke about Vincent. But he was honestly just trying to warn Theodore. He'd hate to see him lead down a dangerous path.

"And Theodore. Do you mind bringing me a cigar to the private room in thirty minutes? I wish to smoke in peace." Smiled Vincent. He wanted some alone time with his new bartender. He looked just ravishing in that little getup.

Smiling quietly at the chance to have Vincent alone, which was presumably the idea the gangster himself had in mind, he nodded with a knowing look in his eye before returning to the work he was already growing to love. Daniel might be concerned for his welfare and passing on good advice, but Theo couldn't care less. He was already swept in by Vincent's charm, and far too in to ever get out - but he didn't want to. He liked Vincent deeply and couldn't really get enough of him. Daniel had reasonable concerns, but he didn't know just how close the two were; they weren't just an employer and an employee - they were lovers.

And thus began their love affair over months. Theo was slowly introduced into Vincent's day plans, because meeting up at night after work just wasn't enough for either of them. Theo would sit quietly at Vincent's side as the man discussed business with his gang, and was introduced as a 'trainee', even if he really wasn't there to be involved in gang business - he was just there to hold hands secretly with Vincent and steal a loving look from him now and then. Then he'd go to work at the speakeasy and deliberately be flirtatious, though in secret. Over the months, his confidence skyrocketed, which left him able to discreetly bump his hip into Vincent, or brush past him with a seductive little wink... and then he'd get to do what he wanted when night came and he and Vincent went to their favourite hotel room together to act on all that sexual tension.

Everything was heavenly for Theodore. He earned good money and could support his parents, he was lavished with fine gifts and had a world of luxury opened to him... and he had a boyfriend who he loved. Vincent was no angel, he knew that. In those months, he had seen him kill someone, and while he didn't necessarily like that, he still... liked Vincent-- or 'Vinny' as he now called him. He was so besotted with him that even murder wasn't enough to turn him away.

However, he had no idea that his own murder was just a mere hour away. He was sat in their hotel room, spoilt by an extravagant meal. He'd had fancy gifts handed to him that whole day, and he was lavished more than ever... but he didn't find any of it suspicious. Vincent always spoiled him. He had no idea it was because he was about to get killed in just sixty short minutes.

"This is great, Vinny," he beamed across the table, hiccupping a little from the wine. "I... I love you so much, you know? You're my anima gemella, as my madre would say. My 'twin soul'-- my soulmate, hm? You should drink up, you haven't even touched your wine-- oh, mio dio, are you sick?"

It was true, the last few months had been Heavenly. Vincent had never been in love before, but he was madly in love with Theodore. He wanted to spend the rest of his life together with him. And that had been the plan...Until Frankie's wife was killed. Frankie's wife was killed by a rival gang. And Frankie went off the deep end after that. The gang had kidnapped, tortured and raped her before killing her. Frankie soon killed himself after that and...Vincent wondered what would happen if the same happened to him.

If Theodore was to be kidnapped...The kidnapper could take everything from him, his entire empire, he'd lose everything. And Vincent...Being literally insane thought that breaking up with him wasn't enough. He thought the people would still kidnap and kill him. So...Tonight he was planning on killing the love of his life. He didn't want to, but it had to be done. And once he was done killing him? He'd have him cremated, and he'd wear his ashes in a necklace.

Glancing up at his lover, he smiled tenderly at him, reaching to hold and kiss his hand. "I'm sorry love, there's a lot on my mind. But I'll be fine, enjoy your meal." Cooed the man as he reached over and placed a kiss on his lips.

Theodore stopped pressing the subject the moment he assumed that what was on Vincent's mind was business-related. He learned not to pry in his lover's business, even if Vincent would tell him anything he wanted to hear. However, he just didn't want to hear about his business. It reminded him that Vincent had that... dangerous side to him, and he wasn't fond of that. It wasn't the Vincent he knew; the loving, gentle man who would just lay in bed and feed him chocolates with handsome smiles. He wanted to know him as that man, not the dangerous psychopath everyone else knew him as.

"Just stop frowning, I hate it when you frown. You get wrinkles like that," he pointed out as he quietly squeezed his boyfriend's hand in return, before taking another sip from his expensive wine. Over the months, he had gained a taste for the finer things in life. When his boyfriend spoiled him rotten so much, he had no choice but to start growing accustomed to the nicer things.

"You know it's my birthday soon, don't you?" He smiled eagerly, his eyes lighting up. "I don't need fancy gifts, I just... I think it'd be nice if... we went to watch a play? I've never been before. That'd... really be fantastic, Vinny. It's always something I've wanted to do."

"...I'm sure there's a play on tonight. We can go and catch one, come back here, make love, and fall asleep in each other's arms." Cooed the man. He wanted to make Theodore's last day amazing. He wanted to give him everything. Standing up, he walked over, helping up as he wrapped his arms around him. He wanted to remember the feeling of holding Theodore in his arms.

His heart ached every time he thought about how this would be his last night with him. Theodore was his light. He was the person who made him feel warm inside. He held the remote to his smiles. He held the key to all of his emotions. Theodore could make his day bright with a simple glance. And he himself was going to throw away this key of happiness. Throw away his one true love. "...Theodore...I love you. I seriously do."

There was nothing strange with Vincent gushing like that. It was common for Theodore to hear how loved he was. That said, the manner in which his lover spoke was starting to really worry and concern him. He seemed so caught up in his mind and Theo just wanted to help. He couldn't really do that when Vincent refused to admit that there was anything wrong.

So, instead, he forced a smile and nodded in agreement. He wanted to go out and catch a play, and then come back and just enjoy the night with his boyfriend, which he did. He also wanted to wake up and have breakfast in bed with Vincent, cuddle up to him as the man had his usual morning cigar and flicked through the newspaper... but obviously, that never quite happened. What did happen was that he fell asleep with a smile on his face and ended up being shot in the head by the man he loved.

Darkness. That was the reality for the young man for far too long. He wandered about desperately in what seemed like eternal darkness, crying out and receiving no reply. Then there were voices from shadowy, dark, looming figures with luminous red eyes that spoke to him, offering him the chance of revival, the chance to live again. They told him how he'd died, how unjust his death was. In return for life, he had to work for them, become their assassin... and while murder had never been something he advocated, the murder of criminals didn't seem that bad a task in return for his life... and for the chance to avenge his untimely death.

Except, when he finally woke up back in the land of the living, it wasn't 1920 anymore; it was almost a whole decade later. The city he loved had moved on from his death. He hadn't really been anybody anyway, but it did upset him when he saw everything just continuing as normal on that first day of his rebirth.

The second day, however, after he got the tears out the way, really became the day he accepted who and what he was. He dyed his hair blonde, he came up with a new name and backstory for his new life, and then he went out and just... had fun. He went to bars and flirted outrageously with men and women. He dressed in expensive clothing and drank fine wine and really accepted the new role he had. For a year, he would examine the book he'd been given that names would appear on, and he'd track these criminals down and simply kill them and send their soul to Hell. He had been asked to do that and he genuinely... liked his job. He felt useful and he began to adore that power. For the first time, he understood why Vincent wanted to keep making more money. More money meant more power, and the more power you had, the greater the feeling was.

But the day soon came where he had to return to New York. He'd travelled the country, from Dallas to Chicago, but eventually the book guided him back to his home, and that was the opportunity he needed to meet Vincent again. He would introduce himself as someone new, make him fall in love... and then get revenge. Dying was, ironically, how he truly began to live. Being a demon as fabulous, and it really did bring out the flamboyance and confidence in him.

But being killed by the man he trusted and loved was something he couldn't -and wouldn't- get over.

Hence why he wandered into that same speakeasy he first met Vincent in... but rather than the nervous, awkward boy that entered all those years ago, Theodore walked in confidently. He knew he looked fabulously adorable with his blonde hair and cute clothes, so what was there for Vincent not to like?

"Excuse me? You're... Vincent, aren't you? Ah, I was told you owned this place! Apparently, you're looking to hire a bartender?" He spoke coolly, tapping his painted nails against the counter top. "Ah, sorry. I'm Oliver. I... kind of need a job? Everyone does these days. I've worked in bars before, I know what I'm doing, sir."

The night Vincent killed Theodore was the hardest of his life. He wanted to make sure Theodore was happy, wanted to make sure he was content. He did everything Theodore wanted that night. And Vincent watched him sleep for an hour. He tried to get himself to pull the trigger, but he couldn't. At least for an hour. So he watched him sleep, before looking away and shooting him in the head. After that gunshot went off, he felt like his entire body went cold. His happiness died along with Theodore.

He laid with Theodore's bloody body that night, until morning. Disturbing? Yes. But what do you expect from a crazy man? Once it was morning, he had Theodore's body cremated like he planned, and had his ashes put in a necklace. He never took that necklace off. After killing Theodore, Vincent became even more so cold and ruthless. He never slept with another man, and he never loved after Theodore. He spoke to his necklace every day and every night.

Vincent missed his lover terribly, and the sound of the gunshot went off in his head every night. He relived that night literally every night in his head, tormenting himself. Currently sitting in his bar, his business still booming, he was still the wealthiest and most powerful man in New York. Glancing over at the voice, his eyes widen. "Th-Theodore?" He whispered. This boy looked like him in the face. But he was a blonde, and he had a curvier body. And...He acted completely different from his Theodore.

Grimacing, his hand reached for his necklace, pulling up to his lips to kiss it before he spoke again. "Oliver? Well, I don't give out interviews. That's beneath me." He mumbled. Which was true. Even back then, that was the first interview he'd given. He had the managers give interviews. He was in control of the managers. So the fact that Theodore got an interview by him proved he was interested.

Seeing Vincent again after so long didn't fill him with lovey-dovey thoughts - it filled him with such a burning anger that it was incredibly difficult not to just rip out his heart and send his soul to Hell right there and then. This was the man that ended his life and didn't even tell his parents about it. Theodore knew that his parents were unaware that he had died because, when he arrived at his old home to discreetly see how they were, he was spotted and, rather than cause his parents to faint in shock, they simply took him close and asked him where he'd been. They were under the impression he'd disappeared and gone missing, rather than know he'd been killed. That in itself angered Theodore - his parents had gone through 10 years of worry and heartache, when they should have grieved and moved on from uncertainty.

But what fun was there in killing him now? It was too easy and too boring.

"So does that mean I can't get a job here?" He proceeded, placing himself on the stool by the bar with a slow grin. "Because I'm desperate and I've heard good things and... hey, if you need new guys here, I'd fit right in."

"It means, speak to a manager." Hissed the man, taking his pipe and belongings before walking away from the boy. Theodore's death had hardened him. So getting him to fall in love wouldn't be as easy as the first time Theodore done it. All he really had to do was just smile back then.

"I can help ya over...Theodore?" Called a familiar voice. It was Daniel. Daniel was still here after all those years. He now managed the place for Vincent. Years of hard work paid off for him because now he had a nice home, a family, and a nice car. Everything the boy had claimed he wanted ten years ago. Realizing this wasn't Theodore Daniel cleared his throat a little. "...Sorry, you look a lot like a boy who used to work here...Anyway you don't speak to him. Luckily you still have your tongue. He's my boss, and if you want to work here. That makes him your boss's boss. So ya know how to make drinks and all that?" Asked the man.

"Why are you apologising on his behalf? You're far too nice," he sighed, turning around in the stool to examine Daniel properly. Unlike most the men associated with Vincent, whose names would soon appear on his list, he knew Daniel would never be one of them. He was hard-working and his only crime was working in a speakeasy, which was not enough to be sent to Hell-- thankfully. Theodore really enjoyed his time when he worked with Daniel all those years ago, so if he had to take his soul, it would be genuinely traumatic. He was just glad the man was as honest and lovely as he was ten years prior.

He wanted to just admit who he really was, because he was sure he could trust Daniel... but it was a lot to put on a person. He couldn't just open up and tell him the truth when that was unbelievable, and he couldn't tell him he was Theodore, back from a ten year disappearance.

"I'm Oliver. Oli is alright though. So, I've worked in bars before. Loads. I know what I'm doing. I've worked for gangsters in other cities," he smiled, his eyes lighting a little at the memories. "You've heard of the Domoteré family, right? In Chicago? I worked for them and got invited to the boss' daughter's wedding. I'm good with dealing with gangsters and everything, pal. Even this Vincent guy. He won't be any trouble."

"Wow, that is impressive. But...I suggest you just stay away from him. Anyone who gets entangled with him either dies or goes missing. Or the people they love are murdered." Grimacing a pit, he cleaned out a glass before sitting it on the bar. "Here. Make a French 75 no ice. It's Boss man's favorite drink. We do need men. I just let go of two men yesterday for fighting on the job. Was a real mess." Sighed the man, cracking his knuckles.

He looked at Oliver, his eyes full of concern. "....You really look like him. I mean there are differences...Like your nose, and body shape and hair. And your lips are fuller than his but...Listen stay away from Vincent. Vincent...Took a liking to a boy who looked like you ten years ago. Trained him up to be a gangster. Rumor has it he sent him on a dummy mission, and the poor boy got killed. And if you happen to have to talk to Vincent. Don't ask about the necklace he wears...Supposedly it has the ashes of some lover. No one knows who, or if it's true. He's always holding it or kissing it though. But the last guy who asked ended up with a gun in his mouth and a bullet in his head..."

Did the news of Vincent's sentimentality warm the cockles of Theodore's heart? Not at all. It just made him inwardly chuckle to himself. Vincent was still mourning him, and yet he was the one to cause that heartache by killing him in the first place. He was the one who put Theo's parents through 10 years of grief, not knowing where their son even was. He was the one who put Theo in Hell and now, he was going to get what was coming to him. It was fair to say that he didn't really care about that pathetic locket around his neck.

"There are millions of people in the world. I'm bound to look like someone. Just my luck I look like this Theodore," he laughed under his breath as he expertly moved to make the drink. His confidence was nothing like how he was back ten years ago, ad it was this personality difference that was probably the only thing really keeping him from any suspicion. Well, that and the fact that Vincent was hardly going to think this was Theodore when he'd physically shot him in the head, anyway.

"Well, with you luck ya also got me to help ya. I've been working here for ten years. Worked my way up. And I'm still alive, so I can tell ya all the tips on how to avoid the can or being 'chilled off'." Chuckled Daniel. Daniel had a pleasant face. Upturned eyes that formed a classic almond shape, that was the shade of a summer's sky. His hair was a dark rusty color. Ten years ago it was a brighter red color, but it seems his hair had darkened as time went on. At last, the kindness in those eyes was the same.

His face was kind of like worn leather, but not all hard. He had a few wrinkles by his eyes, but he looked good for his late thirties years. Picking up the drink Oliver made, he took a sip, before smiling brightly. "Taste great~! Well, ya got yourself a job, can ya start tonight?"

Later that night, the liquor was flowing, the jazz music was playing, and everyone was having a good ole time. Flappers were on stage, dancing, and singing, people were flirting and drink and in the center of it all? Vincent. He wore a gorgeous fur coat, with his suit underneath. He held the locket in his hands and his cold hard eyes were basically glaring at Oliver. At the moment he decided that he despised him. How dare he have Theodore's adorable face. And he didn't act as cutely as him at all.

Being back in that speakeasy, where everything first started, was slightly eerie. Just because he was a demon didn't mean he was automatically immune from sensitive emotions. Was he cold? Sure. Was he almost psychopathic with his sadistic tendencies? Definitely. But he still felt things that humans normally felt. Being back here like this, serving drinks, was difficult to do without getting emotional. This had been the opportunity of a lifetime ten years ago. He'd been young and naive and new to the jazz music and flappers back then, and recreating all of that when he really should be dead was... weird.

But he managed to do it because... well, he had to. And he was enjoying himself too. Hell, he should be dead, but he wasn't. He'd been granted a second chance at life, and he wasn't going to waste that. He flirted with women and charmed the men into buying more drinks, and it was only when he approached Vincent when that fun mood seemed to be sucked from him.

"French 75, no ice," he smiled, passing the drink to the man. "Anything else, or do you just want me gone? You keep glaring at me and... if I've done anything bad, you can say. I want to learn how to... be great here. What have I done wrong, sir?"

"...Corpse Reviver." He suddenly murmured, before pushing the drink away. "That's the drink I want tonight, Corpse Reviver. You should ask the person before you simply assume what they want." Grumbled the man, crossing his arms.

"But baby, you always get a French 75, don't take it out on the boy~" Purred a woman on his side, rubbing his chest with a smile. However, her smile vanished when she was brutally smacked across the face. She fell from her seat from how hard she was slapped and looked up at Vincent hurt.

"Don't speak to me whore, and don't tell me what to do." Growled the man. Once Theodore had told Vinny what to do. He told Vincent to kiss his feet. And you know what Vincent did? Well, he kissed his feet. Only Theodore had that power, no one else did. Vincent looked back at Oliver and arched a brow. "You're still standing here? I'd like my drink."

Normally, even now, Theodore would feel bad for the woman. His sadism was only limited for those who deserved to be punished. Those that were innocent -like he had been- were exempt from Theo's newfound murderous nature. The innocent were never to be hurt or punished-- but he didn't feel that for this woman. She was the latest name on his list, the next in line to be punished for her sins. He had absolutely no respect or sympathy for her - she deserved everything she got, even if that was a mere slap from Vincent.

"...Corpse Reviver? You could have called me over if you wanted that drink. I'm here to serve you, sir. You can call me over and I'd get you whatever you want. I took an educated guess to please you," he pointed out as politely as he could manage, retrieving the unwanted drink with a faint pout. "I... I am just trying my best. It's... daunting, working for you. I... I just want to do a good job."

"Hmph." Was his only reply, even though he softened a bit. Anytime Theodore used to pout, it would break Vincent. So seeing this boy who looked so much like him pout was causing his heart to flutter a bit. "Just get me the drink. You're doing fine." He mumbled as he took his pipe, lighting it back up in order to smoke it.

Daniel watched from afar, hoping the other was fine. Once he came back over, he looked at the drink before looking back at him. "...What's wrong? He didn't want that one?"

As soon as he headed back behind the bar, the emotional expression faded eerily fast. It was an act, after all. He knew which ways were best to get on Vincent's good side, and to soften him up. Pouting and getting so teary-eyed was the perfect way. Sure, it would take a lot more than that to get him reliant upon him, but he was quite willing to go through with it. There were plenty of criminals in New York City to collect souls from - he would be around a while anyway, so he had the time to work on Vincent.

"Mm, he's being fussy. I think he just wanted to make a fool out of me," responded the boy with a faint frown, looking up at Daniel. "...Hey, do you want to grab a coffee after this? I... want to talk to you in private about some stuff. I can trust you, right?"

"Well you can trust me sure, I can't be out too long. the missus will get fussy then, plus our daughter has an ear infection. She's probably giving her mama a rough time." He chuckled. "I can go out for a coffee though. We'll talk after work, alright?" Promised the man as he went to fix a costumers drink.

During the shift they worked, Vincent was eerily quiet. He watched Oliver like a hawk, as is analyzing his every move. Of course, he didn't think that he was Theodore. He had Theodore's ashes around his neck, so he knew that it wasn't Theodore. But he still couldn't help himself from watching the other. If only he had a dark wig...Which is what made Vincent get up and leave early. Yes, he was going to buy the other a dark wig, and make him wear it in private.

After work, Daniel and Oli were in a twenty-four-hour diner. Daniel looked exhausted. It was always busy on the weekends, and people seemed to never want to go home. Sighing as he got his coffee, he happily drank it before looking at Oliver. "...So what's up? Was something bothering you at work?"