He was trying his best to be confident and unemotional, but hearing Vincent say all of that to him did cause some tears to spring up. It was the last thing he should do, according to Lucifer, but he couldn't help himself when the first man he'd ever loved was speaking so coldly to him and declaring his undying love for someone else. Hell, Theodore loved Lucifer, but equally, he was confessing that he loved Vincent too. He didn't expect to be called 'disgusting' and 'vile' by him.

"...Yes, well, you said all that about me. You said you'd protect me. Then you killed me and then you left me alone by killing yourself. You effectively abandoned me twice. I don't have much hope for your angel friend," he hissed, his eyes flashing angrily in an attempt to cover up his tears. "I-I... hate you so much, y-you're... such a fucking horrible person! I love you, I never stopped, and you... call me disgusting? You, a man who killed me, call me disgusting?!"

"You called Kamil a featherbrain." He stated, much like a child as he watched Theodore cry. He didn't like it, and he didn't understand why he hated it o much. Sighing, he pulled the other into an awkward hug, trying to comfort him. "Isn't it best if you hate me? Then you won't be so shocked or angry when I kill Lucifer." He mumbled. "I don't understand why you would love me. I killed you and kille myself, I supposedly abandoned you twice, so why love me?"

"Because! We... We've gone through so much and... take me to New York. Just for an hour. Please. C-Come see where we met. What you owned. Maybe... Maybe it'll help?" He began quietly, deliberately ignoring the other's mention of killing Lucifer. He adored both men equally, for different reasons, and he wasn't willing to lose one of them. Not now.

"Oh, we'll see where we first met, where you'd take me to your office, pin me to your desk, whisper Italian to me," he purred under his breath again, his black eyes sparkling mischievously. "Where we'd drink champagne and you'd hold me in your lap and tell me how beautiful I was-- this was back in 1920, Vincent. We've... been apart a long time, almost a whole century, and still I love you. I... chose you over Lucifer, and you killed yourself and left me with him, so don't you dare pass me aside for some angel, not now."

Vincent killed himself back then so Theodore wouldn't have to. He knew Lucifer would have forced Theodore to do it, so he spared him, not that Vincent remembered this. He simply stared blankly at him. "I'm not permitted to go to Earth. I don't have a human form yet." He mumbled, letting go of the other to look down at him. "Besides, Kamil told me to stay put. I refused to disappoint him again."

Vincent didn't want to upset Kamil more than what he was. He failed his mission by allowing this demon to be alive. So to leave and go to Earth with him was out of the question. "Besides, this could be a trap. The moment we get to Earth, you'd probably leave and contact your lover." Standing up, he went to the kitchen area of the small cabin, getting a glass of water and putting a straw in it. He then walked over to the boy holding the glass for him and putting the straw to his lips. "Drink."

"...You should realise by now, asshole, that I don't drink water. I drink champagne-- or vodka when I've just had sex. Considering we're not having sex anytime soon now you're in love with an angel and refusing to acknowledge my feelings, I guess I'll have champagne-- but if it's not champagne, I'll guess I'll just continue to be parched," he grunted with a roll of his eyes, physically turning his head away from the glass. Now he'd realised that nothing he could say would convince Vincent of his love, he decided to just... be as awkward as possible.

"You know, you'll wake up one day, maybe after you've killed me and my darling Lucy, that you made a horrid mistake. You'll wake up, remember me and our life together, and cry like a baby about how you... ruined your chance of being back with me. Twice you've abandoned me, Levard. Twice. This is the third time now, and that's too many, so... we're totally over. Even if you woke up tomorrow and remembered, I'm done with you. Kill me, go on. Why not? You hesitate, but you don't love me. You hate me, I'm a disgusting little prostitute. Why don't you just fucking kill me~?"

"...Because I can't. I don't understand why...Maybe I really did love you once, but I don't remember it." Grimaced the man, sitting the water down looking at the unhappy demon. "...I will take you to New York. But we can be there long...You have to be handcuffed as well." He mumbled as he stood up, looking down at his monstrous form. "...I can't do anything about this form. I don't know how to make myself look human. So...It doesn't matter." He mumbled as he opened a portal.

He grabbed Theodore and walked through the portal. Once they were through, they were in an alleyway. He looked around, looking up at the night sky. At least it was dark out. Maybe no one will even notice him.

It was fair to say that Theodore was absolutely furious with Vincent, and he'd made up his mind to simply cut all ties with him. That was, until he'd arrived in New York City. It had been so long since he saw it, and he'd never laid his eyes on it in this modern era. The lights and the noise amazed him. It was so different from the city he knew, and yet, it was... so similar, too. He looked down the street and recognised it immediately, remembered how he and Vincent had walked down it secretly holding hands.

"...Vinny, look. That's... where we used to go for dinner-- it's a pharmacy now, but it was a diner back in our day. It... sold the best pancakes. You used to feed me, but you didn't let me put sugar on them. Said I was already sweet enough," he cooed up at the demon, his eyes too bright and glittery to even focus on him for that long. "I... I loved this neighbourhood. We... We ruled this place, you know? Well, you did. I just tagged along for the ride, I was pretty useless at the gang thing. You... You were the King of New York, I was so... so proud of you."

Seeing the city did spark something. For a moment, he got a flash of a suppressed memory. He could hear the light giggle of Theodore as he tried on a new fur coat. He could see those emerald green eyes and how happy they were. The next moment the memory was gone. But the feeling was still there. He remembered something. "...I...I took you shopping..." He mumbled slowly looking at the bright city. "I...It was so long ago." He whispered.

He wanted to explore more of the town, but with the way he looked was impossible. Grimacing, he tried to morph into a human, and he got most of it right, but his eyes were still a bright blood red. "...Do I look human?"

So he did remember a little? It was worthwhile arriving in the city, and while the memory was tiny, it was at least something. The more Vincent remembered, the more hope Theodore had that he could return to the man he knew, and realise how idiotic he was acting by pushing Theo away for the third time. He could, of course, not remember anything else and still push Theo away... or he could remember how he felt and keep him alive.

Hopefully, it would be the latter.

"Oh, close enough, mio amore, close enough," he praised, his green eyes (now he was in his human form) sparkling in delight at the sight of Vincent looking more like... Vincent. The demon form was nice and it was attractive, but it wasn't how he remembered his ex to be. "...I can't walk around handcuffed, how odd would that look? I promise on all things unholy that I won't leave you. I want to explore our city, baby. I want to see your old bar and... your old hotels."

Looking down at his ex-lover, he went to undo his handcuffs. "...You must stay close." He mumbled, taking his arm before heading down the street. Everything was so big. It was late yet there were so many people out and about. It was different from the New York Vinny owned, but it was still the same at the same time.

"...Where is the bar that I owned then?" He asked the shorter demon, looking down at him in hopes he knew how to get around.

Despite hearing the other speak, Theodore was far too emotional (and genuinely angry) to think about responding. For a few long seconds, his attention was locked on the club at the end of the street. He didn't know what he expected, really. It had been almost a century, so of course the new owners that appeared over the years would renovate and change the appearance of the little speakeasy that had been there. It just... hurt to see it look so different. It had been a classy place back in their day, with jazz musicians and suave men and women. Now, there were young people sitting outside, drunk and vomiting everywhere. It hardly filled Theo with delight. The bar was at least still a bar... but it wasn't how he remembered and that hurt.

"I... it's there, b-but it's... not...the same. I... It's where we met and where you started your business and it's r-ruined now," he frowned to himself, swallowing hard. "...I guess I expected that, it's... been a while... I just thought that the famous speakeasy of Vincent Levard wouldn't... have been renovated. You're in all the history books! I thought they'd keep the speakeasy around as a... a historical sort of thing."

He looked down at him, seeing how upset he was, before looking back at the bar. It didn't spark any memories, but how could it? It looked so different from what it used to look like. "...I'm sure there's something else around here. You said I owned hotels right? Let's try one of those. Or did I have a house around here? Maybe they turned my house into a museum of a sort." He mumbled, trying to help his ex feel better.

"Come on, let's not just stay in one spot, I'm sure there's more of New York that hasn't been changed." Taking his hand he led him down the street, not really knowing where he was going. He wanted to just get Theodore away from the bar since he was so upset.

"No, s-stop it, I... I don't want you. Not anymore, you're not the same and you were ready to... just abandon me again, so... so go away, I want L-Lucy. Not you, never you. You... You'll realise one day that you made such a mistake, and-- whatever, I'm done. I love Lucifer. He's... never abandoned me, ever, and... and you can kill me if you want, but at least I can die knowing I... I never did anything wrong to you or to Lucy," he began sternly, folding his arms for extra emphasis. He would have left, transported himself somewhere, but that was just prolonging the inevitable. He'd resigned himself to death, so running off and avoiding it wasn't useful for anyone.

"You'll remember me one day and then be disgusted with yourself for treating me the way you've been treating me, but I haven't got the energy to walk you around and help you. You disgust me. I'm not helping you," he sneered, turning away-- though only did so to stare up at the sky. Stars weren't something he saw down in Hell, so he was taking full advantage of the sight while he still could.

Vincent stared at his back, before moving to wrap his arms around his back. "...I'm confused...You love me, don't you? Help me then. I...I know I love you...I must, because I feel so strange around you...You have to help me, okay? I...I want to remember my human life. I remember little things...Like I know that you love tiramisu...You made me try it before...And I remember how...You loved to go to plays." He whispered, trying to remember everything he could. He squeezed him tighter, refusing to let him go.

"We fell in love in that bar...That's why you're so upset that's it's not the same. And I know I'm not the same but...I can be if you help me remember. I want to remember everything."

"What about your precious little featherbrained boyfriend?" He muttered beneath his breath, jealousy almost dripping from every word he uttered. Of course he was jealous! He may be with Lucifer, but he'd always told Vincent that he rather liked the man, and he was there for him when Vincent had committed suicide cruelly in front of him. It was no surprise he turned into Lucifer's arms.

And while Vincent had lost his memory and felt the angels were like his saviours, he was still horrified that he had developed feelings for one, especially when he simultaneously called Theo disgusting and vile.

"...Whatever, don't... answer that. I know just where to take you," he decided, his mood perking up as he wandered down the street. "I'll take you to your hotel, where we first made love. I'm sure it's still there, and we'll check into the room we always had together. If that doesn't help, I give up."

He followed him, holding his hand tightly in order to not lose him in the crowd of people. "That seems fair enough." He mumbled as he walked with the other, looking up at all the bright lights. It was so bright here. So alive. People were buzzing with life, and it just felt nice to be apart of it. Looking down at the demon, he squeezed his hand tightly, a ghost of a smile on his lips as he followed him.

When they arrived at the hotel and got the room they used to always get, Vincent looked around. Things were starting to come back to him. Like the first day, they came to the hotel. Theodore was nervous and a bit scared. Vincent gave him a massage. Then they took a shower together, and things got heated. He remembered falling asleep in each other's arms. He remembered talking all night about nothing. He remembered a lot.

It was almost eerie for Theodore to be right back in the place he and Vincent first consummated their relationship; the first time either of them had had sex with a man and fully accepted that they were gay. So much stuff had gone down since then that he almost missed how... simple things had been. Of course, dating the biggest gangster in New York was far from simple, but compared to how their lives were now, he did miss that.

"...I'm supposed to be getting married in a few days to Lucifer. I'm just some... poor kid from New York, with immigrant parents and... I never had even a coin in my pocket. It's really strange to be saying that I'm marrying someone like that-- not that I'm marrying him. There's no chance of that now," he laughed weakly, moving to sit on the comfortable bed, turning to stare out over the city skyline through the windows. "Back in our day, marrying a man was... unheard of. It's why you never proposed. It wasn't even thinkable, you know? I... It sucks. Kids these days can marry no matter their sexuality, it's... so cute, and... we should have met in this time, Vincent. We could have been open with our relationship."

Staring down at him he sat on the bed next to him, looking down at his lap. "Things are different now." He mumbled, pulling his legs to his chest. "...After I finished my mission...I was going to get reincarnated into a human. Kamil said me getting reincarnated is the only way I could redeem myself, and be able to be with him. I can't complete my mission though. You would be dead and I don't want to kill you. I...I want to go back. Back to the 1920s..." He mumbled standing up from the bed to look out the window.

"It was simpler and... I think it was a romantic time, but god, look at the world, Vincent! Why would you want to go back? There's so much better stuff in this era. Internet and technology and rights and... people accept other people more, it's... better. Besides, what does it matter? You can't kill me but I'm sure the angels can recruit another wronged demon to do it instead. You think they're going to just let me go back to Lucifer alive? Gosh, don't be naive," he tutted, laying in the bed and silently admiring the modern touches to the room. He liked the era he was from and how romantically nostalgic he felt, but he was smart enough to see how better this time was.

"I'm alright with dying. I've been murdered once already, right in this room," he smiled, that being another reason he brought Vincent here. He wanted him to remember the good stuff... but also the bad stuff he'd done, so he knew how out of order he was being. He wasn't the only victim in all this. "Remember that?"

The moment the words 'remember that' left Theodore's lips, the room changed. Vincent was back in the 1920s standing over a sleeping Theodore. Theodore looked so peaceful, and Vincent just stared at him tears in his eyes before he lifted his revolver, aiming it at him and- Vincent yanked himself from the terrible memory, panting heavily as he trembled at the thought. Why would he do that? Why would he kill Theodore? Theodore had been the one thing that brought him happiness, so why would he kill him.

Grimacing, he hurried away from the window to hold Theodore, holding him tightly in order to shake the terrible feeling and memory he just went through. "...I don't want to remember that." He whispered squeezing him tightly before pulling away. "...Why don't we live as humans then? Is...Is there a way to become human again? We...We could be in this time and...Get married and have a normal life...I don't want to be this demon forever, Theodore. I...I'm tired of Hell. I want to live again...I want to do it right, and I want to do it with you."