Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Now Parrying? That's like countering right?

It's blocking melee attacks.

I'm going to use some D&D terms, because they might be familiar. Parry defense is defense against melee attacks. So add 10 to your Parry to get your "Armor Class" for melee attacks. It determines how hard it is for enemies to hit you in melee. 10+Dodge is also how hard it is to hit you with ranged attacks. Fortitude and Will are usually actively rolled.

So, for example:
Hibiki wants to punch Chris, so she gets in close and rolls her attack. She rolls a 5 on her d20, and adds 10 for her accuracy (never mind how she got it). This doesn't beat Chris' passive parry defense/AC of 20, so she misses.

An example of saving against an effect:
Early in A's, Nanoha's magical powers are drained by Shamal. In M&M terms, Nanoha failed her Fortitude save to resist the Drain effect, which would have a DC of 10+Power ranks.

Damaging effects have a DC of 15+ranks, so it's slightly easier to get hurt than other stuff. It's also less important to have your other saves as high as Toughness.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ShiroKiyoshi
So, just figured out strike was an enhancer for basic attacks. Hits everything in cone now. I think that's pretty cool.

Strike is a basic attack, yes. I would suggest having a variant that is just a single-target sort of attack, though. Area attacks don't usually have the ability to tell friend from foe, and a single-target melee or ranged attack can benefit from other extras instead.

And another point worth mentioning at this juncture is the difference between ranged and non-ranged area attacks. A ranged area attack can place its area anywhere within the attack's range. An area attack that isn't ranged must originate from you (you aren't considered inside/affected by your own attack, in this case). So a "melee" range cone is a cone extending from the character, and a ranged cone can just be placed wherever within a certain range. Or a melee range burst is a burst centered on the character, for another common example.

Coolness factor just dropped by like a 1000%

@R-9 Pilot For our weapons and things, you want us to include that equipment on the sheet right?

Well, if it's a set of powers with (easily) removable on them (so a "device" by some M&M parlance) it'd be listed under powers instead. You should probably describe it in your character sheet elsewhere, though. If you're using mundane weapons you are a failure as a magical girl you'd use equipment, yes.

Well, if it's a set of powers with (easily) removable on them (so a "device" by some M&M parlance) it'd be listed under powers instead. You should probably describe it in your character sheet elsewhere, though. If you're using mundane weapons you are a failure as a magical girl you'd use equipment, yes.
Ah. I see.

On a general note, for those of you who do "work in progress" things. Which is I think possibly everyone, at least on the M&M sheets. Please let me know when you've finished things, so I can look stuff over and give a solid review. Probably with the help of various co-GMs who may or may not be more evil and clever than I am.

On a general note, for those of you who do "work in progress" things. Which is I think possibly everyone, at least on the M&M sheets. Please let me know when you've finished things, so I can look stuff over and give a solid review. Probably with the help of various co-GMs who may or may not be more evil and clever than I am.
Im doing my powers now. After I finish copying them I will let you know. I'll work on the history and stuff while you look it over.

I should probably start asking now, as it's probably the greatest hurdle. What are you guys looking at for time zones? I'll need to plan a game session at some point, and need to know where people are to help with it. Likely aiming for the afternoon (in my local time) on a weekend, at the moment.

Im Eastern Time Zone, UTC-5:00. It'd be 11:43 AM when I posted this. Weekend after 12:30 is what I can do.

I'm in the same time zone, so that's convenient. It's mostly I need to know if you're not located in the US, because that's where things get trickier.

I am 100 percent done with the sheet now.

I am 100 percent done with the sheet now.
Actually, you're not done yet.

You forgot this:
Abilities: Most of this will also be part of the M&M sheet, but here's where you can describe your magical attacks and powers with actual text. What do they do? How do they work?

Please describe the what your powers do as more than just their mechanical effects. This may be quite important, particularly in hashing out issues where what you statted doesn't do what you want it to.

Actually, you're not done yet.

You forgot this:
Abilities: Most of this will also be part of the M&M sheet, but here's where you can describe your magical attacks and powers with actual text. What do they do? How do they work?

Please describe the what your powers do as more than just their mechanical effects. This may be quite important, particularly in hashing out issues where what you statted doesn't do what you want it to.
Awesome. I didnt think we were allowed to do that.

Okay. Now im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.