Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, the actual powers section on that sheet mock-up is missing. It's clear you spent points on making some, but...they're not there.

Oh yeah. I was going to do it like ERode and put all the text. It was late for me though.

Fair enough.

Also, open question to everyone, but what sort of things are you expecting from or in he game? What kind of tone would you prefer?

Would anyone like some example characters from a previous game?

I'll take one of those sample characters. Far as the game is concerned I thought there would be a lot of Bydo/Enemy encounters followed by these rests you spoke of.

I mean, that's sorta like, no shit sherlock. Think R-9 was more referring to the atmosphere though? Or like, do you want this to become a hack-and-slash thing where all you do is kill increasingly larger hordes of enemies? Or would you like a side of political intrigue, because those normal military peeps are probably salty about all their own budget cuts? Or would you like some real dramatic hijinks?

Regardless, I like Knight Run, so I'm pushing towards 'humanity is its own worst enemy' stuff.

Well, I assumed since it would be a military kind of thing that we'd be lumped together and forced to go out on patrols. Said patrols being filled with enemies or bonding. Though, you said that these Bydo are "A force of strange monsters who are often poorly understood", so I assumed that a bunch of political hijinks will be going on. Soon enough us bad asses figure it out and flip sides or at least stop trying to kill the Bydo. Either that or we take the passive route and actually get all political on these baboons and put an end to whatever million dollar plan they are cooking up.

Reactions: Starrnico
So, some example sheets. They're made in 2nd Edition M&M (the game was before 3rd edition existed), but plenty of power examples there. Skills worked a little differently back then, and characters have D&D-style ability scores (the abilities in 3rd edition are essentially the part that matters: the bonus to your rolls).
Katya Kotarou
Verity
Kunede Fuzen
Naomi Chiyo - Different game, only PL8, but more examples of stuff. Also the only character I made on this list.

It is mostly overall tone and such that I'm interested in. Particularly, do you want things to be fairly bright and friendship lasers like Nanoha tends to lean towards, gritty and violent, depressing and strange like Madoka, and so-on? I can adapt to expectations and speculation for the actual game plot, but I want to be sure we're all on the same page for the overall kind of game. One guy trying to be all serious while everyone else is full-on friendship and hope or vice-versa isn't bad, but it might get silly after a while.

Oh. I personally do not like sunshine lasers and tend to lean toward darkness and blood. Sometimes edgy is good for me, if it brings value to the story. If its just unnecessary violence and its sheer awfulness is just there to shock, then I'll take the care bears please.

I wouldn't mind the darkness, but campiness is fun too. Probably in terms of edge, Symphogear is nice. Basically have Holding Back as an Advantage so I can go Swan Song anyways.

Oh, right, Shiro, learn how Arrays work. You can optimize your powers so much more easily that way.

I see that on your sheet. I'll read over it.

Essentially, an Array of Abilities is where you have multiple abilties and only one of them can be used per turn. In terms of costing, you'd take the PP of the most expensive power in that list and set it as the 'limit'. After that, every additional power put into the Array costs only 1 PP, provided that the normal cost for the power is equal to or below the limit.

Say you have an Array that is filled with all your character's Attack Options.
Blast 10 is your highest PP-costing ability, costing 20 PP.
After that, you can toss in stuff like Dazzle 10 and Strike 10, and these are all added to the array at the cost of 1 PP each, because their own PP costs are below or equal to 20.

Pretty much how you can get a ton of abilities.

That is super useful o.o

Yeah, just need to avoid putting things that you want to have on all the time in your Arrays, such as Flying and Forcefield.

Yep, that'd be a wasted 24 points into flying.

Pretty much all of those example characters are rocking arrays for their powers. Alternate powers are a great thing to use. Generally, it's best if an array has actual things which make thematic sense. True, this could be "all my magical attacks" but still.

Nanoha characters are really good examples of this. Raising Heart is an array of powers, all with the Easily Removable cost modifier. But all Nanoha's attacks, like Accel Shooter, Divine Buster, and all the other variants are definitely in an array. Symphogear characters, pretty much anyone who has a large variety of attacks, are all good examples of arrays built around a theme.

Well im building mine around the idea that she can move. So i'll be using that first idea for my array and allowing Move-by Action.

Move-by Action is pretty fun. Just take it as a basic Advantage on your character, and it'll apply to anything you do.

Oh. I hadn't thought of that.

It doesn't really make a difference in the long run if you just put it on every ability in your attack array or just take it as an advantage on the character, it still only costs you a point. But it may be simpler to just take it as an advantage on the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.