Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZhongLiong

Original poster
A group of adventurers travels through a forest, and unbeknownst to them a god is watching. He has chosen them for a quest, a game, and steals them away from their home world, placing them in one with some creatures very different from the ones they know, yet there is still much that is similar. They must follow the clues this god leaves, and when the game is over, they will be allowed to return home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The races I am allowing are high fantasy - elf, dwarf, human, gnome, and halfling. Classes are likewise - fighter, cleric, rogue, and mage archetypes. Each of the classes has their subcategories, like priest and druid are both clerics. I will allow multi-classing, as well as cross-breeds, but please don't get too crazy with it. Also, I want the characters to be friends, a group that has gone on a few adventures together already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
World Info | In-Character | Character Dump | Interest Check

Last edited by a moderator:
lol definitely meant for me XD But I can get the mix up ^^ After all, Vulae is short for Vulepecula, the fox constellation ^^ Thanks for letting me know! My alerts have been a bit faulty

That's really creative ^~^ *high fives for constellation-related usernames!*

• Love
Reactions: vulae
Name: Lynissa Melurgnor
Race: Gnome
Height: 3'6"/1.08m
Weight: 42lbs/19.05kg
Appearance: Short black neck-length hair, eyes this color. She's wiry, but normally so for a gnome. Has scars on her forearms, more scars and bruises on her legs, and a few burn scars on her fingers. Looks androgynous save for a round facial shape and vaguely "feminine" (read: fitting) clothing. [spoili][/spoili][spoili]
654dc4bc129db328402f73a9ec5a30c5--high-fantasy-fantasy-world.jpg
[/spoili]

Class: Thief/Witch
Name/description (if not obvious by name), similar spell for offensive bottle form with provided link (taken from here), effects in vial form (if applicable), additional notes:
  • Molotov. Fireball. Can light a campfire or a torch in a manner similar to a match.
  • Acid spray. Acid Splash. Can melt a small lock.
  • SUG (Shut up, Genji) Mercy Vyx Healing potion. Specifically for combat-related injuries. Dulls pain. A mild opiate.
  • Bladestorm. Sword Burst.
  • Liquid adrenaline? Ability buffer. Enhance Ability. Coffee. Must be ingested. Name subject to change.
  • Skybreaker. Chain Lightning.
  • Smoke bomb. Fog Cloud.
  • Flashbang. Blindness/Deafness.
  • One strategy could be a midair smoke bomb + skybreaker + flashbang + acid bomb to give the appearance of acid rain.
  • I may also combine the two previous potions into a single potion with a function similar to Pyrotechnics.
  • Wingbeat. Gust of Wind.
  • A potion to remove food smells from clothing.
Additional brainstorming:
  • Night light. Functions like a glow stick. Does not require bottle breakage.
  • Panacea. An all-purpose antidote. Must be ingested.
  • Truth serum. Must be ingested.
  • Thorn sprouts. Entangle/Spike Growth. The effects are temporary.
  • Invisibility.
  • A potion to lighten the weight of an object or person.
  • Destructive Wave.
  • Sleep.
  • Water Breathing.
  • A potion that creates an icy terrain with reduced traction.
  • Ice Storm.
Additional skills: Picking locks, stealing, sneaking into places, reconnaissance, identifying plants and scavenging, bargaining, making heist plans, generally being stealthy, reading maps, mending clothing tears, forgeries. Possibly fluent in different languages, with a good memory.
Weapons: A lighter, gnome-modified crossbow that she is proficient enough in to use offensively or to break potion bottles/vials with, and assorted knives/daggers (6 total - 2 are hidden in case of capture) that she can throw, but will usually only use in close combat when completely necessary. If she loses one, she'll buy/steal another one.
Gear: A utility belt with 6 potion bottles and crossbow bolts. A robe of blending, and a bag of holding.
Holds flint and steel, thieves' tools, 8 extra vials and 8 extra bottles, a sewing kit, and a writing set/forgery kit. Should leave about 5lbs of extra space in the bag?

Armor: Leather, including arm guards with sheaths and pockets for her knives and potion vials, respectively. Her boots also have knives in them.

Personality: On the surface, Lynissa is more calm and mature than other gnomes her age, and carries herself with a quiet toughness. This demeanor, combined with an intense focus and passion when it comes to her work, makes her seem very un-gnomelike. She's extremely professional and level-headed; if she gets crossed, she doesn't get mad—she gets even. Beneath that, though, is a wry sort of mischievousness and wit that only her friends know about. Lynissa is unflinchingly loyal and selfish concerning those she trusts, and though she doesn't talk much about herself, she's a good listener and better at giving advice. She's also a very angry drunk.
Likes: Nature, stargazing/skywatching, food smells, bards' tales, good food and drink, wind, being a thief and the adrenaline high of a successful heist (she's basically a kleptomaniac), clothes with lots of hidden pockets, camping.
Dislikes: Loud noises, when she or her friends are humiliated/dismissed, rain, unnecessary blood, being intruded on/interrupted/surprised, people who oversleep, tinkering, public indecency, physical proximity to people, small talk, being on a ship, going undercover, arrogance/corruption/overzealousness, most organized religions.
Hobbies and Interests: Experimenting with potions (especially when they go horribly wrong in fun ways), surprising and/or pranking people, bird/people watching, climbing just about anything, non-feminine fashion.

History: Lynissa is almost completely useless in a straight fight, so someone probably saved her life when an undercover mission went south, and she agreed to help with some mission as repayment. Maybe that mission landed them in a lot of trouble and she stuck around to get them all out of that mess or something?

Let me know what other bits need more fleshing out, guys!

That's really creative ^~^ *high fives for constellation-related usernames!*
I love constellations ^^ I love the myths behind each one, what they represent, etc. So much so that I'm making a show called Sidra (star in Latin) based around a society who gain powers from stars implanted in their bodies. Certain people have abilities related to constellations and are given that constellation name. Vulae is the main character, a shapeshifter who can turn into any fox breed. I'm addicted to the show as I progress on it, so I took her name for my user name XD

Reactions: KageKaioh
>.< The name mix-up was not related to constellations, but I will gladly use that as an excuse!

@the.complex-of-constellations I like her so far. The history is going to have to be fleshed out with the help of the other players, it sounds like.

Also, we have another person joining us, my boyfriend has been listening to me talk about all of this the entire time. He's been thinking about joining from the beginning, but has finally now asked if he could.

Also, also - He found a site with lists of spells and the domains they are in. d20srd-Spell lists & Domains I like the way it looks, it's based in DnD v3.5 and it should have the same/similar spells, though maybe under different names.

• Love
I'll get working on my CS tomorrow ^^' Helping mom prepare stuff for her upcoming wedding so I've been a little busy

Oh! Well, congratulations to her! Do you approve of her SO?

Oh! Well, congratulations to her! Do you approve of her SO?
Yeah ^^ He's a nice guy! Way better than her previous exes... She's been hurt a lot in the past. But this guys good, they've been together for 3 years now. He has a 7 year old kid, whose also fun to be around. He says the dorkiest things lol But my mom's SO is really a good guy who loves to have fun and treats her with respect. I'm happy for them ^^ They get married on their anniversary in September

Reactions: ZhongLiong
@vulae Good. Nobody deserves a bad SO.

@Little Fox Well, I hope we can help. My boyfriend is planning on finally introducing himself tonight.

Yeah ^^ He's a nice guy! Way better than her previous exes... She's been hurt a lot in the past. But this guys good, they've been together for 3 years now. He has a 7 year old kid, whose also fun to be around. He says the dorkiest things lol But my mom's SO is really a good guy who loves to have fun and treats her with respect. I'm happy for them ^^ They get married on their anniversary in September

Congratulations to them both! ^~^

NOTICE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I added a thing to the CS! Gear is listed underneath skills.​

Hello everyone- tis I, the mysterious boyfriend. I have been involved with this from the start, but will not be a co-GM. Instead, I get to be a poor pawn that is also making the map.

Anyway, I am making up two characters- green elf twins. You have been warned. WIP sheets up shortly.

• Love
He's played them before, and the warning is for real!

Name: Sadiya Kahroba
Race: Green Elf
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 115lb
Appearance: (Image WIP) Sadiya's frame is somewhat bulky for an elf, with muscle filling out areas that would normally be thin. Rather than making her appear masculine, this simply gives her a fit, human-like appearance. Muscle and curve combine to give her a pear shape. Her hair is wild- tight curls and waves shimmer like a mass of copper coils, reaching down to her shoulderblades. Her eyes are a warm, but hardly subdued brown. Her skin is a warm tan that bares her kind's defining green tone- a color that comes and goes with the light and shadows. She has a few scrawling tattoos, courtesy of her brother and her tribe's culture.

Her clothing is rather barbarian-esque. She wears little more than shorts, a cropped sleeveless top, boots and gloves. Should the weather require it, she will put on more layers, though.

Class: Fighter/Fighter
Skills: Sadiya is a practical woman- she likes to punch, stab and slice. What more does one have to do to make something dead? Oh, right. Fire. She is quite fond of this fantastic element, and has various ways to make it. Other than killing, Sadiya is a fine leatherworker, and has some basic cooking skills (meat+fire=meal). She is a skilled hunter, and likes climbing in her spare time.
Gear: Climbing gear (ropes, pulleys, a pick and pitons), snares, fire starters (oilcloths, flint and steel, glassy stones, tinderbox), leather repair kit (sinew, leather strips, punch set, mallet, needles, oil, wax and shears)
Magic Items: Handy Haversack, Ring of the Savage Beast
Weapons: Sadiya wields two short swords with fair proficiency, and carries her trusty blades at her hips. She can use a dagger or two in a pinch, and carries one in her boot at all times. She knows how to use a shortbow, but much prefers to get up and personal with her enemies, so she does not carry one.
Armor: Studded leather- chest/back, bracers, greaves and hip guards.

Personality: Sadiya's personality matches her appearance- wild and fiery. She is a powderkeg, easy to rile and always ready for a battle. She can be cunning in her provoking, but that is about where her cleverness ends. She faces her issues, whatever they may be, head on with a stubborn mind and a strong right hook. With all this fire and brimstone, one would not expect her to be caring, but she is- she just has a strange way of showing it. She is very protective of her brother, and will fling herself into danger to save a friend. Unless that danger leads into a cave, that is.
Likes: Fire, fighting, ale, spicy foods, annoying her brother, collecting trophies/bounties.
Dislikes: Being wrong, being treated like a delicate flower, cats, caves.
Hobbies and Interests: Climbing, drinking, bar fights, improving armor and making leather goods to sell.
History: I figure the twins were met by others in/near a bar that Sadiya got kicked out of. Either that, or when they were hunting a beast for a bounty, as this is how they made their way before joining the group. For those that know Toril (basic D&D realm), they are from Calimshan, on Faerun.

Last edited:
Name: Amir Kahroba
Race: Green Elf
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 140
Appearance: Much like his sister, Amir is more filled out than the average elf, though not by much. His hair is also a mass of wild copper curls, though he keeps his more tamed in a low braid or tail. His eyes and skin are the same as well, and he bares many tattoos that reflect his heritage.

His clothing is a fair bit more modest than his twin's. Soft cloth tunics, pants and sashes make up his typical wardrobe. Still practical, he wears sturdy leather boots, though only wears gloves when required.

Class: Ranger/Druid
Skills: Amir is swift and sure in his combat. He does not relish battle and would rather dispatch of his opponent as quickly as possible. He is very skilled with his longbow, and prefers it over any other weapon, but has fair prowess with a short sword or dagger, should close-quarter combat be required. If for some reason he is unable to use his weapons, he does know enough hand-to hand combat to protect himself. Aside from combat, he can repair and craft bows/arrows, hunt and cook with proficiency and carries the long-held tradition of tattooing. Due to his druidic skills, he is also skilled in identifying and using herbs for healing.
Gear: Bowyer-fletcher kit (leather, bow strings, flint, wax, oils, feathers, carving tools), snares, medicine chest (various herbs, tallow, oil, mortar and pestle, bottles and bowls), tattooing kit (needles, mallet, inks)
Magic Items: Boots of Elvenkind, Efficient Quiver
Weapons: Longbow, short sword, dagger and staff. He prefers his bow above all else.
Armor: Leather, outfitted with all natural bindings, such as sinew and leather straps. He wears bracers, chest/back plates, and grieves. Though the leather is supple, it is strong.
Spells:
1st- Light, Entangle, Pass without trace, Purify food and drink, Speak with Animals
2nd- Speak with Plants, Spike growth, Cure Moderate wounds
3rd- Neutralize poison, summon nature's ally III

Personality: Amir is cool water to his twin's flame. He is calm and level-headed, if not a bit defeated. Despite is generally placid attitude, his sibling never fails to rile him, and the two often fight over the "correct" way things are to be done. Once he considers someone a friend, however, they can see a cheekier, slier personality breaking through the peace. Sarcasm, wry smiles and jabs at his companion's egos are common around the camp. Despite these sometimes insulting jests, he is fiercely protective of his friends, and will ruthlessly dispatch of any who wish them harm.
Likes: Herbology, animals, silence, sunlight, warm weather, spicy food, wine.
Dislikes: Deep water, swimming, boisterous people, those who disrespect nature.
Hobbies and Interests: He plays the ocarina, and uses it to mimic bird song. Being a tattoo artist, he his fairly good at drawing as well. He likes to keep himself busy, thus is frequently tending to his bow and crafting arrows during periods of rest.
History: I figure the twins were met by others in/near a bar that Sadiya got kicked out of. Either that, or when they were hunting a beast for a bounty, as this is how they made their way before joining the group. For those that know Toril (basic D&D realm), they are from Calimshan, on Faerun.

Last edited:
NOTICE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I added a thing to the CS! Gear is listed underneath skills.​
Read this at 3 in the morning. I read gear and immediately thought of gears turning and I'm like "wait what? How does that have anything to do with anything?" Then I came to the realization lol

Hello everyone- tis I, the mysterious boyfriend. I have been involved with this from the start, but will not be a co-GM. Instead, I get to be a poor pawn that is also making the map.

Anyway, I am making up two characters- green elf twins. You have been warned. WIP sheets up shortly.
nice to meet you ^^ Seems you and I had similar ideas for elves lol

@KageKaioh Looks like Sadiya, Amir, and Lynissa are all going to get together pretty well! ^~^ At least from Lynissa's side. They will definitely have a couple of fire potions for Sadiya for sure, and they'll bond over leatherworking (which is close to what I had in mind with mending thing), and fire of course. They'all likely admire her practicality and fighting ability but chide her willingness to rush into things (which is a bit hypocritical, but Lynissa has an excuse). As for Amir, his aversion to fighting, his knowledge of herbs, and his appreciation of nature and silence will win her over easily. Plus his healing abilities means she probably won't have to craft as many healing potions. She'll likely craft the smaller vial ones (the painkillers) and make sure everyone has them on hand, and let Amir do the healing afterwards. If that's okay with him. Oh, adding a fighter and a ranger/druid into the mix definitely cements Lynissa'a niche on the team.

Maybe Lynissa's last undercover mission was to infiltrate some mafia ring and they realized she was the mole after she extracted herself and set the beast on her? And they could have been hunting that beast down and saved her life that way.

I'm very aware I keep switching Lynissa's pronouns. They're probably nonbinary (she/they).

Thank goodness we have a frontline now. In the one 5e session I played we didn't have a PC frontline (bard, warlock, cleric, rogue) and it was wild. I (the nature cleric with some knowledge of Druidic) ended up befriending a brown bear NPC and he basically became our frontline before he fell into a magical coma in a sacred grove. (*a moment of silence for Fred the bear*) Ah, good times.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.