• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Claire was certainly enjoying that kiss! His core enveloped her own, and she wasn't afraid, even as they started to glow. But the terror in his eyes. . .and the way he ran... That jolted the girl to her reality. She was breathless still, and had loved how dark, and almost like cinnamon-fire, he'd tasted to her... but now he was gone. Just like her first boyfriend had ran. "Oh dear gods... " She sighed, pain in her heart making her feel a thousand years older. She did all the clean up then, letting Theresa take the night off, putting everything away exactly where it belonged, washed the dishes, tears freezing in her eyes. How could she have... expected him to want her? Was it something wrong with -her- core? She didn't know. She couldn't feel anything else but massive pain. Her heart skipped a beat as she watched Rook flee into his own room. Was he scared of hurting her, or was he scared because there was something wrong with her? Never in her life did she miss her mother than she did then. It would have been nice to say she was close to Tamsin as sisters to be able to talk guy troubles with, but to be sure- everyone had their troubles. Her's was a broken heart right after such a sweet kiss. Alone, she went to find somewhere to hide. How she eyed those doors of the palace that let people outside.. But no. Xavier had his own hands full with Robert. Where would she go? Not her room... Not the lab. Somewhere no one would find her for at least a few hours. Screw it she needed air. Out the door she went. She knew a place away from people where she could sit and think and throw rocks into the water as long as she wanted.

Rebecca blushed! She wrapped her arms around him then. "Definitely okay to start with kissing. I remember too..how strong you were. And tall. Jeez. I felt like a dwarf." She teased, jokingly. She was always at her best around Niald. But now that she was in her home again, she promised herself she'd be the best she could. Even learn to forgive herself. She didn't understand the danger either... it was just kissing! She had always had strong feelings for Niald, he had been there for her more than any other person. But she didn't want to grow up needy or clingy; she just wanted to ensure his happiness and safety... and he had the most amazing hugs.....

Aria held absolutely still. She was training herself not to be such a whiny brat. She watched a little as he stitched the shoulder, wincing a good deal, but still keeping those screams on lock down! She blushed when he kissed her temple but smiled. "T-thanks.. And yes we should tell someone.. Poor animals out there are suffering greatly, needlessly because people want to get rich off whatever they can. Feeling that poison spear.. It definitely makes me mad people are out there doing that. I can get his name tomorrow if he's still out there.." She volunteered. "And if Xavier's not busy I can go tell him now, since I was there and all." She stood slowly, -after- the glass of wine. It helped a lot. Plus it tasted nice... almost cherry-flavored. Dizziness hit her, but she ignored it, blinking at the black spots. "You're really good with the needle and thread thing.." She said smiling. The pain wasn't knocking her down. Nope!

Theresa smiled softly at the king, admiring those strong arms, chest.. those long legs. She didn't run. "Not taking it." She replied stubborn to a fault! She knew what she was getting into when she didn't resist the king's pulling her to his bed. She knew... and she had longed for this more years than she'd remember. She'd told none of her affections to the king, for a long while- not even him! Yet. . .she couldn't stop thinking about him. If he only wanted her as a bed-side companion, so be it.. but something told her it was deeper than that, and she'd be alright with that as well. She wasn't one to ask much. She didn't need much in life- being a simple girl. Her life hadn't been too terrible, what she could remember of it anyway. And she had a strange feeling that she'd had a bad life, before moving to the palace perhaps? Her memories didn't matter to her this night though. All she wanted was King Jorga.. and his loving embrace.. She'd no experience, but she was a fast learner.

Claire would find a letter under the edge of her bedroom door when she returned to it.

Claire,

I am so sorry...I should never have believed my mother would ever allow me to find happiness. The way my magical core was attempting to take yours could only be her handiwork. I could never live with myself if I knew I had caused you harm. I cannot be that man...I will not be like her and steal things from people without their consent or knowledge. She will not win. Please forget me...please I beg you forgive me and know that I ahve never loved anyone as I love you, nor will I ever. The only way I can protect you now is to leave.

My eternal love,

Rook

Naild kissed her and held her close on his lap. They weren't babies anymore but they were hardly adults, both of them in the middle of their teen years. He felt her soft skin under his fingers and of their own volition those hands began to move over the velvet skin of her arms and up to her neck. Every little sigh or tremble fueled the fire within and he had the thought that he should stop a few times but his young body wasn't listening to his head. "You are so soft...and you smell like the sweetest honey..." he whispered against her neck as he kissed her there.

Aldin watched her and he could tell she was a teenie bit tipsy so he stood with her and smiled, "Why thank you...I have had a lot of practice...unfortunately. I'll come with you and tell him what kind of poison that was..." he offered as an excuse to make sure she didn't fall down the stairs, and because he wanted to spend more time with her too. They found Xavier in his office glaring at the unconscious Robert.

Xavier looked up and lifted a surprised brow, "Is something wrong?" Of course something was wrong...the little bird would NEVER enter his office otherwise.

Aldin nodded, "Aria was out flying and turned into a wolf and someone stabbed her with a poisoned spear and said something about making money off her pelt..." He wasn't sure why this guy made him feel like a fifth grader facing the dean of the school but he was super intimidated.

Jorga watched that pert mouth deny his last attempt at being an honorable man and he held out his hand to her and when she came to his side of the bed he slowly undressed her. Large hands fumbling a bit with tiny clasps and button but he was patient and pulled the dress over her head. Then he very slowly undid the chemise beneath allowing himself to be teased and tormented by the tiny bits of skin that were revealed and letting his fingertips brush over the rosy skin there. He was trembling a bit trying to go slow and finally he could stand it no more and strong hands tore the rest of her garments off her and he literally tossed her onto the bed and pounced on top of her. "his mouth took hers in a savage kiss that would not be denied. He lifted his head and buried his face in her hair, "forgive me...I don't think I can be gentle..."

Claire however, was soon tired, and went to her bedroom. She found the letter, and her heart stopped beating all over again. The stress was too great. No.. He wouldn't.. just disappear? Where would he even go? Tears blinded Claire's face as she raced to his door, opening it without a knock.. "Please-.. don't..Rook.." She sobbed, her breath caught in her throat, as she struggled just to remain standing there. Way to go Claire. Looky, another nice guy you've run off. Your family must be sooooo proud how you are able to keep a guy around long enough to have anything good for yourself...Where would he run to? Well he was able to shift into three dragon forms. He could fly -anywhere- and never have to worry about seeing her again.. Her eyes burned. Her chest was on fire. Almost literally. Fever took over, as sometimes it did when she was emotionally in pain for too long. This was the worst blow. She would look for Rook, if only to beg his forgiveness. She hadn't understood anything about his core wanting to take hers.. but damnit she would have given it to him! She couldn't breathe. Her head spun and she struggled to see where he was. Rook was no longer in his room. She couldn't see in the dark outside, but she stayed there, all night... watching.... choked with despair so deep she didn't think it would ever heal this time. Literally nothing could pull her from that Window. Not even Xavier.

Rebecca giggled a bit as Niald's hands wandered! They probably really weren't able to get into too much trouble, considering their age and lack of experience! But her own hands massaged his back, easing his tense muscles under his shirt. He felt smooth, strong, and towered over her already by a few inches. Not that she minded. If she had to she would stand lightly on his toes to kiss him better! "And you are like an endless walk in a beautiful garden... day or night..." She told him, happy to be here in his arms. She had no cares or worries where the night would lead them for once..

Aria blushed, but stood her dizzy-shaking ground. She knew Xavier probably thought of her as a pest, as most did in the palace. "He had bright copper hair, grey eyes, a mean oval-ish face...He was hunting bears with his group of friends. I don't like their methods.. sir. That poison is dreadful. Was barely able to fly home." She added. "I could go out tomorrow and see if I can get his name." She added, staring over at Robert's unconscious form. She looked away then. Damn scary males... ick.

Theresa gasped softly, but helped him undress her! She was trembling, but not in fear. She ran her hands gently down his arms, tracing his muscular chest. "Then don't be..." She told him bravely, kissing his lips. She would remind him of lavendar fields and vanilla. He reminded her of a pine-scented forest, all dark and shady. She longed for him, and she was not afraid. He would not hurt her terribly, and she would finally understand what true passion felt like. She deepened the kiss boldly, her arms around his shoulders..

Rook was actually in his medium dragon form sitting up in the tower he'd destroyed. He didn't think anyone would come up here and he honestly didn't have anywhere to go. Maybe he'd be able to watch over Claire from there and not have her know it. His heart was aching and his mind was threatening to tip over the edge into anger for the first time in many years. He'd tried very hard not to hate his mother, and he'd worked hard to keep calm and prove he was nothing like her, but right now he hated her so intensely that flame was actually coming through his dragon nostrils with every breath he took. Why was she so hateful? why couldn't be have his own life? Why? Hadn't he done ever thing she'd ever asked of him hoping that one day when she died he would be free? But even in death it seemed she was not going to allow him to have any kind of peace or happiness. The amethyst dragon hunched down and folded its wings tight to its body and looked out through the large hole feeling nothing but total hopelessness.

Naild was having a hard time controlling his hands, and Rebecca wasn't helping matters by not swatting at him or stopping him. He might not be a man yet in every way but his body wanted to act like one. He felt things happening to him and that was the thing that finally made him break off the kiss, "We have to stop...I can't control it..." he said gasping as he held her, sure she could feel the hard length between them. He wanted to keep going, oh how he wanted to...just as he'd wanted to when they were adults on the other time line...and if they stayed like this they probably would make a mess of it, and fumble about awkwardly but it would be accomplished. He didn't want to fumble through it though...not really..but it was a hard thing to get control of his raging teenaged hormones.

Aldin nodded, "They were using an arsenic mixture. I had the antidote fortunately. It's the only poison i know that turns flesh black."

Xavier looked at both of them and nodded, "No need to go flying anywhere else little bird...you need to heal. I will look into this once the tribunal is done with and that asshole is out of my cell. And you..." he said pointing at Aldin, "See she gets back without falling down the stairs."

Aldin nodded, "I intend to. I had to give her wine to dull the pain while I tended her wounds, but I will see she is safely back in the lab."

Xavier nodded, "Good man." Thank heaven someone else was going to look after that one. he didn't have the patience for her flighty ways. There wasn't anything wrong with her, she was actually quite pretty but no, too flighty. He glanced out the window looking up at Robert's destroyed tower with a slight smirk on his face when he saw a flicker of light and then another. "What the hell?" He pulled his jacket on over his shirt and ran up the tower stairs bursting through the door, "Who's in here....show yourself!" And then he saw the dragon and frowned, "Rook?" he asked

Jorga was lost. She had no idea what she was unleashing but he could not stop now. The taste of her lips was intoxicating his senses and though he tried to help her and be sure she was ready for him he wasn't sure he had. When he was finally spent he rolled to his side and took her with him. He knew he hurt her, "I am sorry..." he said as he kissed her gently then able to be tender now that the rage lust was past. He spent the enxt hours being tender and gentle with her and showing her another side of himself. At length he was propped up on his elbow looking down at that riot of red hair spilling all over the pillows, "You should have run...you are too sweet for the likes of me..."

Claire eventually slid to the floor in a crumpled heap. Air gone from her lungs, chest tighter than a snapped rubber band. Fever burning from the front of her forehead, until it kind of radiated in her body, gradually. She didn't know what was causing it, but she was in danger, and it didn't even matter to her. She'd figure something out in the morning..surely... but right now she could only black out, clutching the letter in her fist....

Rebecca knew he was right! Oh but how her body wanted to play with the soothing fire, just a little longer. Still, she knew they had no experience in such activities yet, and surely time would help them along! "You're right Niald.. but it is so very hard to let you keep resisting." She teased him, stole one more kiss, then held onto his hands, making both of them walk again, to clear their heads before they'd go back inside. "I'm definitely okay with the practicing part though.." She added, smiling unashamedly at him! She couldn't help that he made her feel so much more bold than she usually was...

Aria thanked Xavier, and promised she wouldn't go anywhere yet. She let Aldin help her back to the labs, wincing every few steps that would jar her shoulder. "I definitely feel like I'll sleep the whole night through... but Aldin...?" She bit her lip when they both stood in front of her door. "Are you- sleeping close by tonight..?" She asked, having forgotten already which room was his. She wasn't one to ask for people to share her company, she didn't know how.... though she did want him to.. .if he was okay with that...

Theresa gasped for air, once the king had spent himself, quite painfully at that, but she then saw his tender side, and known he had not had any kind of closeness with a woman like this since his late wife. She smiled, kissed his forehead gently. "I am not hurt.." She said wincing a bit.. "Sore.. tender... but not hurt and nothing I regret." She told him, wrapping her arms gently around his waist. "I have never wanted to run from you sire.. and I still never do." Theresa told him sincerely. She was quite happy with him, and if she ached a little, that was just the first time, she knew it would wear off soon. And she didn't want their magical night to end.~

Rook lifted his head when Xavier came barging into the room. Well hell...fine hiding place this turned out to be. His dragon head lay back down on the floor then dejected and depressed.

Xavier looked at the dragon and frowned, "What are you doing up here?"

Rook figured he could talk to Xavier mentally given his natural abilities. ~I am trying not to hurt Claire...~

"By hiding up here? I'm going to bet she's somewhere contemplating suicide as we speak...you know she's highly unstable right?"

~She is not!~ he roared in Xavier's head defending her.

"Ook...calm down...tell me why you're up here hiding from her."

~We were having dinner and I kissed her and my core flared up and tried to steal hers...it covered both of us and tried to draw hers out...I know my mother did that...~ his head lowered ~You know my mother was Helena...right?~

Xavier lifted both brows, "No I didn't know that but it explains a lot. Listen...you know how magic cores work right? When you find the one...the real and true one? Your cores react to each other...maybe that's all that was happening."

~How can I KNOW that?~

The agony in his voice was palpable to Xavier. "don't move...if you do I promise you'll regret it." He went back down the steps and knocked on Caden's door. "Forgive the interruption...oh hell..I'm really sorry. I need help with Rook...." he peeks over at Lauranna and gave her an apologetic smile. "Sorry Highness."

Caden heard the knock and cussed but he got up and answered. He was shocked to see Xavier and even more shocked to hear why he was there. "What's wrong with Rook?" Hearing the reply he looked back at Lauranna, "I'll be back as quickly as I can." He went with Xavier and saw Rook in dragon form looking like the most pathetic creature he'd ever seen. "So I hear you scared yourself..."

~NO...I was not afraid for me...but for Claire...surely you understand...what if...there is some kind of evil lurking inside me that she implanted and it will destroy any happiness I might try to have?~

"I do understand...I've had the same feeling so many times...I've been terrified for my son and for Lauranna and I've made her promise me if she ever sees any evil in me that she will imprison me or kill me...but...if you really are worried...I can try to check...but honestly Morden would be the best one to do it. But until you know for sure...there is no reason to hurt Claire. GO and explain it to her. I'm sure she'll understand. And Morden would likely know how to get rid of anything your mother planted in you...if there is anything."

~Will you explain it to her?~ he asked as there popping and cracking was heard and the tiny jade dragon flew over an landed on Caden's shoulder.

"I can try...but you are coming." They left the tower all three and went to Claire's room but she wasn't there. Xavier frowned, "She is in your room...but...hell..." he raced over and saw her on the floor. "damn it..." He scooped her up and laid her on Rook's bed.

Caden rushed in as well and frowned. "She's burning up..." His hand rested on her head and he began to cool her while he checked over her body for infection and sickness. Oddly he found nothing, so he continued to slowly bring her core body temperature down until she was normal temperature again and then he gentle roused her. "Claire?"

Naild was glad they stood up even though walking was a little bit painful and awkward at first and for a few minutes after. "I'm not sure how much practicing we can do...but it was very nice. I missed kissing you." he admitted. I've thought about it a lot."

Aldin helped her back to the lab apologizing every time she was jostled. He stood with her in front of her room and she asked if he was close by and he started to say he as across the lab but he saw the look in her eyes and smiled, "Will you rest easier if I am here?" he asked. "I can sleep in the chair or on the floor..."

Jorga heard the words and tipped his head, "why?" he asked sincerely. "I'm not an easy man...I know I drove my late wife crazy all the time...said things I regret now...things I hope she knows I didn't mean. and what do you mean never?" He hadn't ever approached her before, though at the moment he couldn't for the life of him figure out why. His hands were still caressing her curves as they spoke.

Eventually, Claire's fever went back down. Her core had reacted negatively to Rook's rejection, and had fought to reach out with his, despite the back lash. It had affected Claire badly, but she was fine now. Why had she ever thought any man would stand by her side? Was she really that awful? She was plenty embarrassed to see Xavier, Caden, and Rook standing there at the foot of the bed.. She felt miserable, but she'd heard part of the issue with Rook, and was already thinking how best to help him. She thanked Caden of course, for healing her fever. "Sorry... fever was probably just a reaction to my core being flung back at me." She looked at Rook. She would have to definitely be more careful, not to set him off like that. "Rook- you should know by now I wasn't scared of your core. I've been with you long enough to understand you've got massive issues with your mom who is an evil witch for sure. If I could meet her just once I would like to zap her back to an early grave, where she couldn't hurt anyone, ever. But sadly, it's not possible. But please know- that I loved our evening together. If you're leaving because of me, I can't honestly blame you for that. I know that I'm messed up...." She looked directly at Xavier, "Unstable," for lack of a better word. I was trying to see where you'd gone to.." She stared down then, ashamed to make eye contact. She'd been the kicked-around-easy-to-abandon girl so long she wasn't quite certain what to think anymore. She'd felt ghostly her entire life, watching other people enjoy companionship, a thick wall of invisible glass constantly dividing her from most social interactions. She was polite to people, even when they cursed her name. Had tried to change herself, her nature, her stubborn habits of being alone when she was sad or in pain. Had tried -everything- she could think of, to not be so... offensive. Problematic. More helpful.. And yet like a horizon, Rook came into her life, perhaps at the best time; sparing her from further bullying, complimenting her when it was probably not entirely deserved... His charm knew no bounds. Did she deserve him though? Probably not. And that's what had caused her to short-circuit, even temporarily. God Claire get a grip! Rejection is the one thing you should be used to! Her conscience reminded her like a harpy it could be.~

Niald was not alone in walking straight, without pain! She'd been fascinated by his strength, which had continued growing over the years. His determination to see the best in any situation, was something she'd used to help get through some of her own issues. He'd been her example a long time; her steadfast friend and helpful companion. And now they were at dating age, a wonderful boyfriend. There, the word was in her head and it was delightful. "I have too, and you're a great kisser..." She blushed. "I remember when we were younger,... you used to dread this part. I was nervous about it..but.. it wasn't like I could ask anyone about....feelings then." She admitted, remembering how Sheena would slap her for even walking up to her on a bad day. She ignored the memories though, as they were useless now.
"I am glad we're at dating age, Niald.. It's so confusing, having been an adult already in one timeline then having to learn everything all over again. But it's good that you're learning with me.." She added, leaning her head on his shoulder gently as they walked back inside the palace.~

Aria nodded. "You can have this side of the bed... it's large enough for two people.." She said, letting him know that his company was definitely acceptable to her. And she was very picky who she spent any time with! Usually she bugged Ellisar during the day- but hid immediately at night. Throughout her rotten childhood, she'd learned her parents' really awful side came out as soon as sun set.. But Aldin was constant. Himself. He had no grand airs, no better than you attitude, and not any "I'm too busy for an annoying bird" Attitude that most people took with her. It was nice. Scarily enough, Aldin almost made her feel... "Normal..."

Theresa moaned lightly as King Jorga felt up her curves, and yes, she had lost weight, but she was only able to maintain so much of her own needs throughout such busy days that she knew he understood. "Because I have seen you at your best... and worst. And everything in between. You are strong, yet troubled. You care deeply for your kingdom, for your people, even the new arrivals. Your late wife... bless her, was a good woman, but so many responsibilities can crush even the easiest of souls, sire. I don't ever want to see you crushed for yours... If ever there is anything I can do to make life...easier, you know you can ask anything of me." Theresa said, kissing the back of his neck. Her strawberry-gold hair fell over the pillows like a blanket, still very long and slightly wavy. She was feeling that content-feeling she'd longed for, and she would try her best to keep it in her memories.~

Rook blinked. He hopped off Caden's shoulder and over to Claire. He was on the bed beside her when cracking and popping sounds could be heard. Yeah, he'd be naked but there was a blanket right there. He grabbed it and covered himself, even though she'd sen him when she'd stitched him up and healed him. Once he was able to speak he looked at her again, "Claire...none of what happened tonight was because of you. You are perfect and everything wonderful to me. But my core...it tried to steal yours...it was not trying to JOIN with it...I felt it pulling yours away from you." He lowered his gaze not able to look at her then. "I would never be able to forgive myself if anything of my mother ever tainted you...or harmed you." He sighed heavily so full of pain. "I couldn't leave though..I was too worried about you...I thought I could hide up in the tower and watch over you...and not hurt you." There were tears in his eyes, "I should have realized she would never allow me to be happy...I'm so sorry."

Caden put a hand on Rook's shoulder and looked at Claire. "There is something to what he is saying. When Lauranna and I were wed our cores joined but they remained separate as well. We are stronger when we are together, but her core did not become part of mine wholly. If he felt his core trying to pulls yours from your body, then something was wrong about that. I think Morden should look within in, or possibly Melise and Morden together to see if there is something within him that Helena has done. That way everyone will know and feel easier."

Xavier nodded, "All I can tell you is that he loves you. Honestly deeply loves you." He could add that he'd never known anyone to harbor such love for another but he didn't. "Maybe...just maybe Princess...you should realize that you have worth and beauty in your own right and that you deserve happiness." He turned then and left then to hash out whatever they were going to do. He had way too much going on to be dealing with this kind of mushy garbage. He went back to his office and sat down and tried to map out the forests around the city proper to see who might be out there poaching and why. There was really no need, and who would be purchasing such stuff??

Naild smiled as they walked even though he was in a bit of pain and a lot of discomfort. "Oh I was trying to figure out a way to be married and never have to actually kiss, how stupid was that?" he chuckled a bit, "I have only ever kissed you, so I think it may be more that we are good when kissing each other because we care and want to please each other." It was a guess but he figured it was probably true. "I'm sure we'll be able to figure everything out in time and have a long and happy life together." he looked at her head on his shoulder and gave her hand a squeeze, "I can't wait until the day whe we have children running around our feet that we can love. I can almost see them and hear them laughing."

Aldin tipped his head a bit at the invitation. He was humbled by her trust and acceptance and sat on the bed and took off his shoes. He didn't undress though. He just laid back on the bed fully clothed on top of the covers. He wasn't going to impose himself on her, or make her think the second she was sleep he was going to jump on her and take advantage. Maybe he'd be able to keep his hands to himself this way, he hoped so at least. "I'll stay right here and make sure you're safe. rest well Aria..." he closed his eyes to help her feel more comfortable but he wasn't asleep.

Jorga stayed propped up on one elbow looking down at her. She was so honest and open. Willing to give anything he asked freely without requiring anything from him in return and for the life of him he couldn't reconcile the ideas in his mind. "Theresa...please stop calling my sire when you are lying naked in my bed and I am touching parts of you that no man has ever touched before." He'd learned that much about her last night. She'd arrived hurt and her memories were vague and hazy. He had no idea if she'd had a family before or a man, but now he knew she hadn't. "Please...call me Jorga or Jor..." Hearing her say sire over and over was making him feel as if he was taking advantage of his title and position and he suddenly felt the need to know that wasn't the case, "You...I need to know something..." he said softly as he played with a curl of that hair letting it wrap around his finger, "Would you be here if I had not forced you to be?"

Claire just nodded to Xavier's words... he knew she was working on that, and she KNEW he hated mushy garbage, so she watched him escape, smothering a smile. She listened to Caden and Rook explain about the dangers of cores' merging... "I see... so .. Morden could help fix his core then?" what kind of mother would ruin her son's life like that? Now she -really- wanted to go to the past and obliterate Helena. So much damage from that woman alone. "We should wait though- because Morden really needs to be with Serena and I don't want him to leave her side if she's still in pain." She added, unable to imagine such torment -that- woman went through... She was incredibly strong, and reminded Claire through example, someone always had it much worse, and that she needed to not be a wuss right now. Rook needed a strong woman at his side. Someone who didn't care that his core was trying to tear hers out or whatever... "Thank you, Caden... for helping Rook." She said, staring at Rook intently. She wished her healing magic would be able to take care of the impurities, but no, it wouldn't be that simple. "Rook. I want you to know, I will help you, when the timing is right, if anything did tamper with your core, we'll fix it." She told him. She felt stupid again for her earlier relapse- she was a total emo cloud, and unnecessarily at that!

Rebecca smiled, but she did see Niald's agony as they kept walking.. "Does-..it still hurt?" She asked, worriedly. The thought of their own children did make her eager to see where their futures would lead to! She only hoped theirs would be far more peaceful however, than the time line one they'd seen. She held his hand gently, hoping he wasn't in too big of pain at that moment. They were back inside the palace, and she was vaguely wondering which room they would sleep in tonight!

Aria's shoulder hurt more than she'd admit, so she slept on her good side, which faced away from Aldin- but she was smiling slightly as she dozed off, passing out perhaps from too much wine or blood loss, either way, despite the pain, she was actually comfortable with another human male in her bed. That was something she'd never experienced!

Theresa nodded, sleepily. But she turned over to stare into his eyes. "I would not have run-Jorga. You didn't force me, I assure you I was quite willing. But... it was very sweet the way you took me to your bed... and I find myself eager to learn more of you, even now." She said, smiling. It was sweet, being together like this. When in daylight surely they'd have too much to do to spend time together, she would cherish as many nights like this as she possibly could! She found herself in love with him. And that -was- very dangerous.. A King and a maid of no family, no noble ranking. She couldn't help her feelings anymore however.

Rook smiled at Xavier's words and then held Claire's hand. Everyone was trying to be so encouraging and helpful. "I am not at all certain anything may be done...but if it can be I will submit, even if it means losing my powers." he was serious about that too. he'd rather be without any magic at all than have any of his mother inside him that could harm someone else. "Thank you Claire...forgive me...I should have explained my fears instead of running off like that but I..." he voice was low and full of emotion, "I knew if I stayed I would not be able to keep myself from kissing you again."

Caden gave Rook's shoulder a firm pat, "Best to make your way to your own room until we are sure things are not dangerous then." He felt bad having to tear them apart when they were being so sweet to one another, but he knew there was far too much risk involved with them staying as they were, especially with Rook being naked. He pulled his own shirt over his head and handed it to Rook. "This should at least hide your bare ass until you can get into your room."

Rook pulled the shirt on, knowing it would be much too large. Caden was a mountain of a man, tall and all muscle. He was not without muscle but nothing compared to Caden and the other man was a good deal taller than he was as well. He stood then and the shirt fell to his mid thighs, covering his buttox as was needed. "Thank you King Caden. I will return this in the morning." He bent to kiss Claire's forehead and then smiled, "Thank you for understanding..." He stood straight and looked at her lying there so beautiful, "I do love you Claire...more than my own life." He turned and left the room before he was unable to do so.

Caden nodded to her, "Do not fear Princess. Morden is a man of great knowledge and power. If anyone can find a way around this it will be him." he bade her good-night and returned to his wife. He entered the room shirtless and seeing her questioning look related the whole tale to her. "I know Morden will be able to figure it out, but until then I separated them. I really hope Helena didn't tamper with his core...what a cruel thing to do."

Naild shrugged, "It's ok..." It was his own fault. he shouldn't have allowed his hands to get so free on her body. He walked her to her door and smiled as he kissed her sweetly. He didn't dare do more. "I will be back to walk you to breakfast...sleep sweet my future queen." And then he turned to make his way to his room three doors down the hallway. Once inside the door he raced for the bathroom and had short work of that problem.

Aldon watched her roll away from him and he knew it was because of her injured shoulder. Somehow during the night though he'd ended up spooning her and with his arm over her waist. He wasn't sure when it had happened, but when he woke early the next day he felt the soft curves pressed against his body and felt his body's morning reaction to that with a wince. Aria was going to freak out he was sure.

Jorga was relieved to know she was there willingly but still, "What would you like to know, Sweet Theresa?" he asked still playing with her hair, "Your hair is like spun fire...it's gorgeous."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Claire kissed him gently on his cheek. "We'll figure this out, Rook... Get some rest. The Tribunal Meeting will start soon and I'll need to get ready for it. But Rook? Thank you again for the evening anyway.." She said, hating the thought of being apart from him this long, but she knew she had to bare it- and not be selfish as she was accused of being. She thanked Caden again, glad he'd been able to help Rook understand what was going on. She returned to her own room then, deeply troubled for Rook's sake. But there was a lot to do in the morning. She caught maybe four hours of rest, troubled by bad nightmares; woke before sunrise and took time to make herself presentable. She went downstairs, rather than staying so close to the one man she wanted to be with. Making breakfast for everyone gave her something to do besides mope, internally scream at herself, or let her stupid emo depression take over. There was a solution, and Morden was fully capable of finding one. She prayed Rook wouldn't lose his powers, or any part of himself. Hopefully they were both worrying for nothing. She flipped over the french toast again, having gotten several other ingredients for the toast, including whipped cream, butter and powdered sugar. She hadn't made a fancy breakfast like this in ages; and calculating how many people to feed was really more Theresa's gift, but she attempted to make sure there was plenty of food for everyone. She would do anything nearly, to block her own pain and thoughts that day.~

Rebecca watched Niald rush off to his room and slept fairly deeply in her own bed. She was full of conflicting thoughts. Her- a queen- laughable. She was barely managing her teenagery-stupid feelings. She rolled her eyes, and burrowed her face in the pillow. She knew she'd changed practically over night in Malthen Ana. But how was she to deal with these pent up feelings? Knowing Niald was suffering didn't help. But surely he'd be fine in the morning. She tossed, turned, and eventually threw a shoe off at the floor in mild annoyance. Tribunal Meeting would arrive soon enough though, and she sighed, clearly worrying in over-drive like Melise had warned her not to... but but.... she could not help it. How was she ever going to get through this rough transition, let alone worry about being a future queen? She wished she'd had a different mother than Sheena in her life time.. She wished she'd actually been able to meet her real mom.

Aria was asleep so deeply she didn't feel Aldin holding her like she was something precious. No one had ever really hugged her, except occasionally Ellisar- when she'd hurt herself. Xavier didn't like her, and most people didn't either. She was a flighty, moody creature with no merit or talents or anything useful but stupid shifting powers that got hunters chasing her with poisoned spears. And a thousand stupid anxieties she wished she could escape from. Sleepily, Aria opened her eyes close to dawn. She found Aldin super-close, both arms curled around her thin frame; but strangely she didn't freak out at all! She simply rested a moment longer, not wanting to wake him up. It had gotten colder during the night, and she'd ended up shivering, needing his warmth... He felt really nice to snuggle with......

Theresa smiled gently at Jorga. "I'd like to know your past,... did you have a good childhood? Any fond memories? You don't have to talk about anything painful if you don't want to." She added, running her fingers through his muscular arms, massaging the tense knots out of his shoulders. She really liked his smooth, hard form. She especially liked when he was inside her, but she blushed, and wasn't going to say that outloud!

Rook smiled at her optimistic words, "If anyone can find an answer I believe it is Morden and I very much enjoyed out evening as well. You are always a charming and engaging companion." But her had a long sleepless night. He couldn't relax or keep his soul from being fearful of his mother's possible hand on his magical core. Had she found a way to taint it? He had no idea what her capabilities were but he did know that she was not afraid to break the laws that were set in place to govern the magical world. He also knew that she had no interest in his personal happiness, because she knew that if he ever found love he would be lost to her. And so his thoughts went round and round and tortured him all night. He did shower and dress for the Tribunal though, wishing to be there to support Serena, Morden and Claire. He wanted to impose himself upon Morden first thing, but he knew that was unforgivably selfish and so he went to Claire's room to escort her to breakfast. He tapped lightly on the door and waited for her to answer.

Naild slept fitfully and finally got out of bed well before the dawn to shower and ready himself. He wanted to confront his father, speak to his face and say his peace before this morning was over. He wanted justice for his mother and now gone little sister, and most of all he did not want his Father to be able to harm anyone again. He paced his room trying to pass the time and going over what he planned to say in his mind, even saying it aloud a few times to get the anger and betrayal from his voice. He wanted to be in control and firm, but not emotional. He was praying he'd be able to maintain his composure, but he wasn't sure. finally the hours had passed and he went to Rebecca's room and tapped on the door.

Aldin felt her stir and when she didn't scurry away he whispered softly, "Did you rest well? How is your shoulder feeling?" He liked the feel of her there in his arms, and he didn't want her to be afraid, so he didn't move he just let his arms hang as they had been. "Do you need another leaf for pain?"

Jorga lifted a brow, "My past is full of strange twists and unexpected turns. I did have a happy upbringing. My parents were supportive of King Keylen in every way. They adored him, and my brother and I did as well. He was the best sort of king and uncle any young man could ask for in a role model. I've always been very glad of it, to be honest because when Robert outright refused to rule,I was left to fill that void when my father passed and the king succumbed to age. Even when Robert returned and I tried to give the kingdom back to him, he refused it. I am very glad Naild wants to honor his Grandfather's legacy and retake his proper place." He looked at her face then and met her eyes, "This whole business...learning of the bitter cruelty toward Claire, and how the people have been so hateful toward those that sought refuge here...it has taken the heart from me. I feel old and tired Theresa...I am ready to step aside and let another take my place." His fingers never stopped playing with her hair though, the color of it and softness of it were intoxicating to his senses. "I know your memories are blurred to you...I have to say...I am relieved to know that no man has a claim upon you. That thought has kept me at a distance from you all this time...but now that I know that cannot be the case...I find myself hoping for more." He leaned closer and placed a soft kiss to her lips. They did eventually rest, and he kept her from going to the kitchen but waking her in the best possible manner. They showered together and dressed and then he escorted her to breakfast in proper fashion to site by his side. He wasn't taking no for an answer. The other six could handle breakfast he felt very sure. He knew it was the easiest meal of the day for them to prepare. He spoke to her on the way down, "I wonder...do you know anything about Robert...have his dreams reached you?" he looked down at her, "If so...you should attend the Tribunal as well. We need to get everything out in the open at once and see an end of this mess."

Lazar dressed for the day. There was a stone in the pit of his stomach but he was resolved to see this through. He straightened his jacket and ascot and made his way to breakfast taking a seat near Jorga and Theresa.

Melise kissed Nathan awake. "Time for the new day to begin love," she said feeling quite like a contented kitten upon a fluffy pillow. "Much will be discovered this day. I think I want to appear as myself though, and not the Oracle they all are used to seeing. Will you help me dress in the red gown in my wardrobe?" Nathan's Alna had come to her in a vision last night, and she was feeling the need to make a statement in more ways than one today.

Morden hugged Serena close as the sun came through the small slit in their draperies. "Oh Love...morning has encroached upon us." There was a deep groan in his voice. "Make it leave..." It was obvious he wasn't quite ready to move from the comfort of her arms just yet.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Alas, poor Rook would find Claire in the kitchen, in formal attire- with the breakfast feast already set upon the table they'd be dining at together. Tamsin had come in late from the barracks, probably pummeling the heck out of one of the trainees. She was scary as all get out when her head was in a bad space, much to Claire's annoyance. Even her sister handled emotions better than she did. She supressed all of them for now, and had learned a neat trick while she made plates for everyone. She learned to block her mind, heart, and soul from viewing. Possibly only Xavier could get through, but she was determined to be not...depressed. Not unstable. It would require a LOT of privacy, a lot of something theraputic, but hey, cooking was a good start. And no, she wasn't angry at anyone, well other than herself. But she was trying her best. In no time, she had everything on the table, and even had pitchers of tea and milk on the table as well as glasses, silverware, plates. etc. Yep, she was giving space. Lots of space, but helping out.

Tamsin did indeed feel like a jackass as she sauntered in the kitchen, arriving too late to help Claire, but wowed that her sister was making breakfast...something she'd used to do sometimes whenever she had a lot going on- "Okay. Something's up." Claire shook her head. "No..it's fine." She hedged, then eyed her sister. "Jeez. You're scary when you go on training sprees, you know that?" She teased, waiting for everyone to arrive before she even ate. Tamsin laughed. "Oh its' fine.. the guy only had -minor- bruises. He got me pretty good on the shoulder though. Buttmunch Karl." She muttered. Claire snickered. "Well, this Tribunal Meeting will start soon... then maybe both of us can go pummel some soldiers." She suggested. That made Tamsin grin. "I feel sorry for whoever set you off last night.. " Claire still didn't elaborate, but she was acting better than normal, so she went with it.

Aria had indeed slept well! "Yes, shoulder's still burning, but nothing like last night.. Trust me I've had worse." She assured him, smiling. Strange how close she was to Aldin and liked it. "we should go to breakfast though. I don't -think- I'll be needed at the meeting, but if they do need something, I can just try to answer." She shrugged- then winced. Shoulder would definitely prove annoying today! "Too bad I can't drink wine till night time." She sighed, then stood up very slowly. Ugh. Dizzy. "Probably lost some blood from that wound, but I think I'll manage." She added.

Theresa looked pained.. but she had -seen- into Robert's mind. "Robert is not a threat, so long as we keep hold of him and do not let him go unpunished. All of his dreams were terrible, and made me feel sick when I first woke. The things he wants to do to Serena, Morden.. .even Niald... I cannot disclose, or I'll never make it to the meeting. I am glad Xavier's in charge of him. He's the only one who is powerful enough to smack Robert back into place. He needs to be exiled soon, or ended.. completely. He'll never stop otherwise, Jorga. He... " She sat up, disturbed greatly. "His mind is like a swirl of a black void. I had trouble waking from it." She admitted, still feeling a bit chilled from such a memory. She went with him to the dining area and to her great surprise, she saw Claire had made plenty of breakfast of french toast, sausage, eggs, and had drinks out for everyone as well! She was even sitting next to a rather innocent-appearing Tamsin. "And I hope you and Rook had a wonderful evening last night?" Theresa asked, sitting down next to Jorga. She was glad to see Claire in better spirits. There -was- a look to the girl, as one who'd experienced trauma, but was definitely hiding something too. "Yes, thank you Theresa- everything was set up beautifully. We did enjoy the evening." She added, but omitted the rest. Too much going on today.

Tamsin managed smile for Lazar. . . she wanted him to know she wasn't angry at him at all, just concerned!

Rebecca went to breakfast with Niald, glad to see him again, and reassured him he would be just fine during the meeting that day. They also sat together at the table, greeting King Jorga good morning and thanking Claire for the good breakfast.

Eventually, Laurana managed to get her family up and dressed, also headed down to breakfast to see if they could help with the Tribunal Meeting, even her little prince was dressed well today- all in dark blue.

Serena chuckled, kissing Morden good morning... "I know love... but we must get our lives back together, on track and keep Robert from harming any one else. The terrible things that man has done will not go undocumented. I only hope there's no more surprises happening.... " She sighed, and showered, then dressed in a nice pale blue blouse and matching skirt, trying to tame her hair. It had certainly become lighter blonde since her arrival at Malthen Ana...Strange. Still, she helped Morden get ready as well, it would be a very long day!

Meanwhile... deep in the forest: Marianna saw no sign of the hunters from yesterday... She had her long golden brown hair in a bun as she traveled, looking very much like a wood-sprite, for her graceful movements. She had a long sword at her waist, and a quivver of arrows. She was a guardian of sorts to nature, and the animals around her. She summoned dragons her whole life, yet did not live in the city of Malthen Ana, preferring her own company and those of her forest friends. The hunters were gone for now, including that brute that had speared the poor bird-wolf creature she'd noticed earlier... The sad wolf had morphed bird and barely made it home safely! She'd knocked the hunter unconscious, but of course he'd woken up too early, and fled. Marianna would love to see her arrows in those hunters backs! Yet she knew she couldn't take their lives like that... but she -could- really scare them... She smiled quite chillingly at that thought....~

Rook frowned when she did not answer and went to the dining hall alone. He didn't blame her for avoiding him. He was sure she'd start to feel the danger sooner or later and her fear would grow. The thought of her being afraid of him made his heart ache. He found her though flitting around the kitchen and dining room as if nothing in the world was the matter and he was baffled. It was so astonishing to him that he could only sit and watch with rapt fascination. Totally speechless.

Lazar saw Tamsin and felt that usual kick in the gut that her presence always gifted him with every time. There was something about her that made his entire psyche going into crazy mode. He did not look at her though, and merely ate his food in silence unless someone spoke directly to him in which case he would provide a terse w and return to his food. His thoughts were a million miles away. And then he saw Varen and Jasmine enter the room and his gaze locked with the centaur woman's and he could not look away.

Varen had finally encouraged Jasmine to go down to eat with everyone. They'd been taking their meals alone and talking a lot. She had needed the time to work through things, and he wasn't going to leave her to do it alone, even if she'd wanted. Seeing Lazar staring at her he leaned in, "You ok Baby?"

Caden bade everyone a good morning and was helping Lauranna sit, noticing the rosy glow on Theresa's cheeks and the way Jorga was sitting MUCH closer than he had the night before. That seemed to him a very good thing. He was waiting for Morden to discuss Rook's issue.

Morden groaned and threw the covers off himself, "Oh very well..if we MUST." being over dramatic to make her laugh and lighten the mood. They went down to breakfast and sat a bit away from Caden, Lauranna and the baby. He didn't think Serena needed the baby in her face that soon.

Chastianna dressed and kissed Gavin's brow. They'd kind of been hiding in her room from the world but she knew that couldn't continue. "Hey handsome...we better make an appearance at breakfast or they are going to send out a search party...and if they find your naked arse in my bed...well..who knows what might happen."

Chur rubbed the back of his head. someone had hit him right good and there had been no sign of them when he'd woken up in the middle of the night. He made his way back to their den and saw the others already there. "Any luck gents?" There were a round of head movements in the negative and one of the group, Huff piped up, "There's someone else out here...seen shadows..."

Claire managed to reassure Rook with her smile that she was totally fine. "Just knew Theresa would probably like a break this morning, and wanted to make sure my skills in cooking weren't going rusty." She said casually to him. They were fine. Separation or breaks wasn't an easy thing but this was temporary. She knew they'd find a way through this Core issue.

Theresa was impressed! "You haven't lost any skills at all, Claire. I'd be glad to have your help in the kitchen any time you want something to do." She added, smiling. She wouldn't even mind helping with the clean up to hurry the morning along faster either. She'd really enjoyed her night with Jorga, and was very glad he'd shared so much of his time with her. Their night together had definitely eased a lot of tension she'd been carrying.~

Serena had no issues at all at seeing Laurana's beautiful baby. She was fine though, and felt much better this morning. Being in Morden's arms all night really proved to be amazing therapy. She knew she had a while to go still, but she was a resilient woman if nothing else, and would move past this same as she had everything else.. though it was embarrassing to her still, how she'd been found. She was grateful nontheless, and ate her breakfast.

Nathan helped Melise dress, and was puzzled by what she meant... "Love, are you alright for this?" He asked softly, assisting her with whatever else she needed help with.. He was puzzled a bit by her words, but managed to get them down to the table and greeted everyone there.~

Laurana kept Lauden from fussing, having fed him earlier, and changing him as well. He was just kind of gazing around at people now and then, and looked very opinionated like his dad! She was trying hard not to smile at his expressions as he watched the world around him. She did eat though, and also assured Claire everything was good.

Jasmine was fine, and walked hand in hand with Varen to greet the family and assure King Jorga they would attend the meeting if they were needed there. Jasmine walked up to Lazar first... and hugged him, much to everyone's intense surprise. There was no anger or sorrow..."Just keep being yourself. Things will be fine." She told him, before standing next to Varen again. She had a plate of toast with the eggs, and glanced at Claire casually. "Take it Theresa taught you cooking skills?" She asked, smiling. Claire nodded. "Yep. I bugged the poor woman until I finally got the hang of it. Wanted to have survival skills you know? Always good to know how to prepare good meals." She added.

Rebecca kept watch on Lazar, sensing his turmoil.. and Tamsin's... Gah Adulting was a complicated thing she realized. No one seemed able to figure things out and just sort of hoped for the best it seeme

Gavin groaned but agreed, and tugged them both to the shower... "Ugh.. feel hit.. by some thing huge... " He grumbled, scrubbing himself -and- her all over with plenty of nice smelling soaps/shampoos. Once they'd rinsed/dried, had a liiiittle extra fun- he managed to stumble into a nice dark grey shirt and black pants, with socks and shoes. He even brushed his hair back. "Love you anyway.." He said, kissing Chastianna's cheek as soon as she'd dressed, he tugged them down to breakfast.~

Marianna smiled. So they'd come back for more! How delightful. She was -not- evil. Not in any way. But she hated seeing her forest being treated as a place for murder and slaughter. She remained invisible, hidden well by the trees and branches, blending in with an almost alarming skill really. She stared the most at Chur, the main culprit. If you little jerks would just move over to the right.. a few more paces... There was a trap waiting for them, a huge net, hidden well under a bed of leaves. That would probably hold them until someone eventually came for this lot. Though she wondered who would be able to round them up fast. Not many of the guards from Malthen Ana passed through these woods... Hm. Oh well, if nothing else, she could call one of her dragon friends and keep them guarded while she went to get a capable guard...? But what if they broke through the net and hurt one of the dragons? Damn.

Last edited:
Rook smiled and watched her. "You look radiant this morning." he was glad to see her doing something that obviously brought her joy. Maybe she should take Theresa up on that offer. He was glad to see her in better spirits this morning and he was hopeful things would be resolved through Morden's expertise. He had nothing else but hope for now.

Jorga smiled and gave Theresa's had a squeeze, "She needs something to keep her occupied when her powers are not needed for raising crops. This may be a good thing. Thank you."

Lazar could not have been more shocked if she'd come up to him and run him through with a pike. He had the brief feeling that might have been preferable, but then he smiled and nodded, "I am." he said, "As you can see." He was not using the spell that hid his true appearance. He was quite in awe of her, and her ability to handle what she has only just learned. Perhaps it was a credit to the man standing next to her. His gaze flickered to Tamsin but quickly away. He fully expected that once the Tribunal was over, she'd never look at him the same again. He was prepared for that to happen, even though he knew it would crush him to see it.

Chastianna laughed when he dragged her into the shower and soon that laughter was replaced by moans and sighs and then she was dressing grinning like an idiot at his nakedness and the way he moved as he dressed. The man was turning her into a mass of goo at his fingertips, but she liked it...loved it even. "You better..." she quipped cheekily. They went down to breakfast hand in hand and she greeted each one cheerfully. They sat and she enjoyed breakfast very much. She DID notice that there was an odd tension in the room, and she was very sure they'd missed something important...but she was too embarrassed to ask.

Xavier opted to not take breakfast that morning. Instead he was glowering at Robert, hoping that the tribunal allowed him to handle the disposal of this 'man' in his own way. He had spent the whole night thinking of what brand of torturous death would be fitting for his crimes, so far all of them seemed too merciful. He could only hope that the tribunal would provide a proper punishment that would satisfy him as well as give justice to Serena and Naild as well as all of Malthen Ana for Robert betrayal of the people.

Claire thanked Rook, and finished her breakfast, and a glass of orange juice. She tried not to blush when her father mentioned that this did seem to brighten her spirits. Good. Control Claire- control over emotions was a good thing. No one liked a wreck! She smiled at Theresa, and took her plate to the sink. Jasmine pitched in on the dish- duty that morning so everyone could hightail it to the meeting place once everyone was finished. She didn't rush anything though!

Theresa gave Jorga's hand a squeeze back. She'd missed having her helper around, to be sure. But she'd understood Claire's need to sort things on her own and hadn't interfered other than to tend to a cut or some other wound from a bully. She was glad to see things going much more smoothly for Claire, and knew instantly it had to do with Rook's influence.~

Tamsin however, was glad Jasmine had overcome her brutal past, and had come to terms with Lazar's own dark past. She wished she could have a private moment with him, but there were things that needed to be done today, and their own family needed to be secured and functioning as a unit again.

Gavin was grateful for the huge breakfast, and ate plenty of the french toast and sausage. He was no fan of eggs, having had nothing -but- bird eggs back in the swamp when he could find them, and produce any sort of heat, else they were eaten raw... yuck. But, survival 101 definitely made him appreciate the other foods and drinks! "Hope everyone's okay this morning?" He asked, and received a general round of yes's.. He felt a bit slow for not realizing what happened to Serena, but he'd find out soon... and offer whatever consolations he could!

Aria tugged Aldin off to breakfast for the morning, even greeting people and not being her usual -Flighty- self. She thanked Claire for the meal as well, and sat next to Aldin. She had not seen Ellisar at all last night and wondered where he'd gotten to! "Should we look for Ellisar later?" She asked Aldin.

Marianna was in a terrible spot then. The other hunters were moving -far- too close to where she was hiding and not near enough to the tree. Swear words- most even more violent and agitated than Xavier's usual round of oaths, floated through her head. Well it wasn't as if she'd had any assistance with this little trap! And Chur looked quite angry, ready to swing at anything that approached. His hunters were joking about what they'd do to that poor wolf he'd speared when they saw it again however, and that irked her further. She had her hand on her sword, ready to bash them on the heads with it if need be- or lead them to the trap! Stupid hunters... She tripped one of them and they went down on their faces! Another tripped over the fallen man's body, but they were up in moments, randomly jabbing at the air with spears.. She appeared then, much more visible than before. "Now lets see how many of you this net will hold- " She said,attempting to lure them right to that spot on the tree trunk! Please work she thought- please. I prefer a peaceful detainment.... ~

Jorga wasn't trying to see Claire under control but he wanted to see her happy. He wasn't sure why Rook seemed to be keeping his distance today, and it perplexed him, but he didn't think this was the time to ask. Everyone finished eating and he stood, still holding to Theresa's hand, "The Tribunal will begin in fifteen minutes. Please be there if you have been summoned." He led Theresa there and sat with her to await the arrival of the five.

Varen was so proud of Jasmine. She was truly an amazing woman and he felt privileged to have her in his life. In spite of the problems here that their arrival sparked he felt sure they could build a good life here and raise their family.As he watched Jasmine moving around he imagined her swollen with child and felt a heavy thud in his chest full of love and anticipation. He needed to get that bed made so they could get working on that baby.

Chastianna leaned over, "Do you have the feeling we've missed something?" she whispered.

Aldin was smiling that Aria was feeling secure enough to eat with everyone this morning. He leaned closer to hear her and frowned, "Was he not in the lab?" he asked and then huffed. He hadn't noticed, and that was unusual for him. He was a very alert person and noticed everything as a rule. "I was so worried about you...I guess I was not paying attention to what Ellisar was doing."

Ellisar had found the king but he'd been obviously very busy, so Ellisar didn't want to both him. Instead he found an empty room adn was working to install his invention into the room so that it might be tested out before he approached the king. He'd been working all night and was still not done. He was one of those people that could not stop in the middle of the a project.

Chur managed to not get caught in the net, but the other three men did and were thrashing about voicing their displeasure in the most verbal of manner. Chur frowned and looked around, "Show yourself..." he called out. "I want to know why you are following us? What do you want?"

Claire helped Jasmine with the dishes and together, the two girls worked fast and efficiently, leaving Theresa with nothing to do! The maid did take a moment to shower fast- and change into appropriate clothing. She didn't know perhaps if the Tribunnal Meeting would need her or not, but she could at least relay Robert's dreams if asked.

Tamsin was also carrying her dishes to the sink and helping out with what she could. But in another few minutes, everything was finished, and they all simply followed King Jorga to the Tribunal Meeting. Jasmine walked with Varen and felt puzzled. "Are we supposed to be there? I don't remember being summoned.." She said, but she'd guard them all if need be in any case.

Gavin chuckled guiltily at Chastianna. "Sweety, I think we've missed a lot of somethings and should probably try to leave our room more.." He held her hand though as they followed along to the meeting.

Rebecca stood and walked with Niald, glad this whole business would soon be settled after today! Then she could crack open a few more law books, and books about ruling Queen figures of Malthen Ana. Books were sometimes her only teachers in life and she'd be okay with that if necessary.

Serena took a deep steadying breath as she walked, Morden's hand in her own, she felt a bit stronger today, and managed not to tremble or even show fear as they approached the Tribunal meeting. She would testify with dignity and hope for the best.

Laurana went with Caden, a little reserved about bringing Lauden to what could be a very intense meeting, but she knew they'd be needed as well, in case things got crazy. She had full faith in Caden's strength and wisdom to help end this as well.

Claire walked beside Rook, and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "Let's get this done... and then we'll talk to Morden.. if it's alright with him." She added.

Aria was glad Ellisar was alright! "Aldin- were we summoned? Do we go to the meeting?" She asked, she would of course, and do whatever she could to help. She waved at Ellisar as they passed him.

Marianna glowered, her sword drawn. "You have entered these woods with the intent to poison and kill animals for a profit. You wounded a wolf here who was not a real wolf but a shifter. You and your men truly need to leave these woods or there will be consequences." She added, fury in her eyes and an intense aura of power surrounding her. She felt like summoning a dragon just then, but she held back in case it wasn't necessary..~

Last edited:
Jorga looked at the group following him. "I think perhaps today it would be good if everyone attended. I believe there will be much disclosed that may be of interest." He glanced at Lazar but said nothing else.

So the group made their way in and everyone took seats around the room on long benches with those who would actually be testifying on the front bench and observers on those behind. Morden, Serena, Rook, Caden, Lazar, Jorga and Theresa were in front.

Xavier administered the awakening potion to Robert and then took harsh control of the man's body.

Robert was growling and fighting Xavier's grip on him, "How dare you!"

"I dare more if you force me," he threatened, "You will stand before the Tribunal."

"I will not! They have no authority over me."

Xavier didn't even make a sound he just forced Robert to walk out of the cell and across the hall to the Tribunal. He forced him to stand, still covered in Serena's blood and vomit. He saw no reason to clean the man up when his body was full of proof of his evil.

Once Robert and Xavier was in the room all door closed and locked with a loud magic thud and the four moved to their places and sat, while the head of the Tribunal stood again in the center. "What charges are brought against this man?"

Robert spat, "No one here can bring charges against me. I am King Keylen's only son. I am above the law."

The masked face of the head turned to look at Robert, "We KNOW who you are." And then looked away dismissively.

Jorga stepped forward. "We have several witnesses and many charges."

"Begin."

Jorga reached a hand to Serena and helped her to stand. "You will remember that Robert claimed his husbandly rights."

"We told you not to honor his request."

"Unfortunately that was after she had already gone to him, fearing for the life of her current husband."

"Continue."

He led Serena to a small circle where witnesses were to stand while testifying. If was a magical ring that would expose lies, or slanderous intent. "speak the truth Serena, you have nothing to fear." And then he stood back.