• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Laurana ran a hand softly through Caden's hair, sending soothing energy through his system. "I know, but she hasn't and no one will take Lauden from us." She was quite fierce when she stated this, but then caught hold of her protective side, and soothed Lauden in his crib, checking that he was alright. Then, the king knocked on their door again. "Yes, we will both attend, King Jorga." She assured him and Xavier. Then she went back to comforting Caden as best she could.

Claire was absolutely astonished when Rook, barefoot and still struggling with clothes, ran right up to her, held her in a wonderful embrace...and promptly kissed her with a passion she'd never before experienced! She forgot about following her father or anyone else for that matter..... They did not need her anyhow. Momentarily stunned, she kissed him again, fiercely, her arms somehow finding their way around his neck, holding onto him as he dipped her in a romantic fashion! "Wow..." She said, breathless still from that confession of love! She laughed a bit. "Goodness. I'm very happy you feel the same way..." She told him, with a smile that actually reached her eyes.~

Tamsin smiled at Lazar. "It doesn't have to happen overnight, Lazar... no great wounds ever heal that fast. I am sure something will come to you later on." She fell silent when her father and Xavier entered however, and understood they needed to talk with him in the king's office. She remained where she was...really not sure what to do at this point. Then she noticed Rebecca was still there as well! "Sorry, Rebecca... you need anything?" She asked the girl.

Rebecca blinked out of her depressed daze. "Hm? Oh, no thanks Tamsin. I'm alright- just worried about Niald and his mother..." She added, running a hand through her now thoroughly gold hair... Her eyes were completely gold now too, but Tamsin smiled. "Alright. I think I'm going to patrol for a bit. Kitchen's always open if you need anything." She added, taking off. She understood the girl's lost feelings, she really did. But she didn't want any more surprises happening at the palace if she could prevent them!

Aria, feeling sad, flew out all day long. She went far and wide through Malthan Ana, and landed eventually on an old oak tree, nesting comfortably for a while. It was out here she couldn't bother anyone with her stress and anxieties, and where no one would look for her..

Last edited:
Caden closed the door behind them. He led his little family back to the bed and pulled her onto his lap. "I think I would like to spend the rest of the day sitting here cuddling and enjoying my family." He pulled the covers up around them and snuggled them close. He was feeling very protective and thankful at the moment.

Rook held her and kissed her once more but not as deeply, just a soft sweet kiss. "I know you have things to do, but I could not allow you to think I did not share your feelings...and well..Ellisar was rather insistent that I run after you. It seemed wise advice to me, since he has known you a good deal longer than I and so...here I am..." For once eloquence and royal manners failed him and he rambled off all of that quickly. It was right then that he realized he had on no shoes and that very likely his hair looked like he had only just stepped out of a wind storm. He looked around and saw a few people looking at them and then looked back at her, "I hope I have not embarrassed you...I am not presentable. forgive me."

Lazar did hear her but he was totally convinced that she was now lost to him forever and though he had important tasks to attend to, he had lost a lot of his emotional charge and enthusiasm. He did acknowledge the king's request, "I will do so. I have never blamed you for being hesitant to believe my tale Sire. It is odd sounding and he is a very high royal."

Jorga shook his head, "Had I listened earlier, this would not have happened..."

"Possibly, but you cannot know this for certain. I will speak. He must pay, and this must end."

"Agreed" the two spoke together, sealing an oath between them.

Naild came down and found Rebecca. "I am sorry I could not get back faster...are you ok?" he asked as he hugged her. "Mother is safe, with Morden...but the baby has died...Robert hurt her badly...and Rook too....Caden healed mother though. She is going to testify what Robert did to her, now and before...hopefully he will get a proper punishment."

Aldin frowned when Aria just took off and flew out the broken window. He looked at Ellisar, "Does she often do that?"

Ellisar shrugged, "I sometimes don not see her for long stretched of time. She always comes back though when she is ready. I would not worry."

Aldin however wasn't so sure and frowned at the window wondering where she'd gone off to and if she was safe.

Laurana smiled in agreement, wrapping her arms both around Caden and their beautiful, sweet son. "Of course. I'd like that as well. Tomorrow's going to be another difficult day- but I am glad Serena has such an amazing strong spirit." She admitted. She'd meant it when she told Serena she could ask advice from her any time. But for now, resting seemed wonderful.. She closed her eyes, and fell into a deep sleep, still semi-recovering her energy as well.

Claire blushed the brightest red! "Actually... I am... uncertain if I have anything really to do..I was only going to see if father and Xavier needed anything for tomorrow's Tribunal Meeting; but.. " And here she again floundered, still dealing with oceans worth of chaotic feelings in her mind. She really -did- relate to poor Aria's spazzy feelings sometimes. "I'm sure they'll be fine, and I'll just get up early in the morning to check on things. Is there anything you want to do right now? and no, you haven't embarrassed me in the slightest, I assure you." She added, smiling.

Tamsin felt she was only good at patrolling. No wonder her relationships didn't stick.... she sighed, her heart was despondent after the whole day's turn of events. She was glad Serena was going to be alright; but definitely wished she could get ahold of Robert and spear him through his chest. She refrained however. She went and circled the palace first, ensuring there were no loiterers, no one out causing mischief. Then she went down to the edge of the clearing of the woods, found nothing, and everyone had seemed to have gone back to their homes for the day. She went back to the palace, encountering only a couple of guards, and no one gave -her- any trouble, which made her smile a bit savagely. She was definitely in one of those moods.

Rebecca's eyes teared up as soon as Niald told her the dreadful events.. "Gods I'm sorry, Niald...So sorry.." She held him in her arms then, because she wanted to comfort him as best as she could. She hoped someday Serena would be completely alright again...but she knew this wouldn't be possible without Robert being gone forever. "What can I do to help?" She asked, looking into his eyes...

Aria thought a long time. Why was she such a conflicted creature? An anxious brat? Her memories were often fuzzy, but she vaguely thought her own childhood had something to do with it. BOTH parents had walked out on her when they learned her powers were of shifting and not much else. She'd been screamed at from age three to age five, kicked around quite a bit. And then her parents had loomed over her one last time, disgust in their faces. She'd given up then, when they turned and left. .. .Aria fluttered her wings anxiously, and zoomed off from the tree again, propelling higher into the thermals. It was a warm day, and damnit she was going to have a little fun. To hell with sad life.

Serena had never been more relieved to simply rest in Morden's arms... Being with him, knowing her family was free and safe, made all the horrible torture worthwhile. She loved him so much...without him, she didn't think she would have kept going.

Rook's brows both rose in surprise at her saying she wasn't sure she had anything to do. "Well then..." he said watching her face and finding her flustered behavior immensely charming, "I wonder if you would do me the honor of dining with me ... alone." His eyes were warm and engaging as he looked at her. "I feel the need to...change into my own clothing and clean up a bit. I can be ready in an hour or so and come to your room to call for you?" He looked hopeful and nervous at the same time. He really wanted her to say yes.

Lazar left the palace and went back to his own rooms in the smaller building opposite the square. He sat in a large chair in the main sitting area and buried his head in his hands. How could things have gotten so twisted and dark so quickly? He forced himself out of the comfortable chair and moved over to the desk. he pulled out a few sheets of paper and began writing out the things he needed to say to the tribunal tomorrow. He didn't want to forget anything, or repeat himself. Then once he was happy with that, he pulled out a fresh piece and wrote a long heartfelt letter to Tamsin. He folded it carefully and slipped it into an envelop and sealed it with a drop of blue wax and his seal. Her name was written beautifully on the front of the envelop and he stared at it for over an hour and then slid it under the leather pad on the desk. He stood and stretched and then showered before falling into bed feeling a sense of doom and hopelessness. He deserved to feel this way, and part of him welcomed a chance to be punished for something that had tormented him for decades, but at the same time he wanted to feel free of it once and for all. Tomorrow he would reveal something that only King Jorga knew of and that was terrifying as well. What would Tamsin think of things then? She was already gone, but to see pity or disgust in her eyes would definitely crush what was left of his spirit. He laid on the bed into the wee hours of the morning in sleepless contemplation of the new day.

Naild brushed Rebecca's bright yellow hair back from her face and smiled down at her, "You are always so ready to help. I love that about you." His eyes were fixed on her face and the slight changes being there had brought about. He liked her hair lighter and her skin was glowing. She had always been the most beautiful person to him, but she was even more beautiful now. "I think Morden is the only one who can help her now. She needs to feel love and comfort from him and believe there is a future worth fighting for...I know he can give her that." He let his hands slide down her arms and grasped her hands, "Have you eaten dinner yet? We all missed lunch ... would you like to go see if there is any food in the dining room?"

Aldin was cleaning up the glass and helping Ellisar fix the window Rook had broken and looking out the window every so often to see if Aria was returning. "Is she usually gone this long?" he asked worry in his voice.

Ellisar tapped a piece of edging in place to hold the new pane of glass in the frame he had built, "Who? Claire?" he asked without even looking up from his task.

"No, Aria..."

Ellisar lifted a brow and stood up straight and looked at Aldin, "Aria? Is an odd one...she does as she wishes....comes and goes...gets tired of people and disappears for a few days and then comes back. I'm sure she is fine..." He never worried about Aria. She seemed more than capable of taking care of herself to him. Of course he thought of her as an annoying little sister, so he didn't have over the top protective urges driving him where she was concerned.

Aldin nodded and put the last of the glass bits into a bin that Ellisar said they kept to reuse broken glass. he'd never thought of such a thing but it made good sense to do so. He was trying not to look out the window constantly but it was proving impossible.

Xavier returned to his office and sat at his desk. Robert was in the magical cell sleeping soundly. He could see Robert's hand twitching and smirked a bit, "Try all you like you ass...but you will be asleep until I say you can wake up and even afterward you will do what I want when I want you to do it." Again the hand twitch and he grinned. "Good to know you can hear me Prince Robert."

Jorga sat in his office and wrote out a list of things that he felt the Tribunal MUST be made aware of tomorrow. He frowned at the list. He felt like he was stabbing the first King in the chest with these accusations and charges but it was impossible to overlook any of this. "Please forgive me King Keylen...I promise I will teach your grandson your ways, and restore the good name you built." He couldn't bring himself to dine in the dining hall so he sent one of the guards to Theresa for a plate of whatever she'd made for dinner to be brought to his office.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Rook's request had certainly caught her off guard... Alone with him? She'd wanted nothing more for a long time now. She blushed however and took his hands in her's. "Of course. I'll change clothes and be in my room, waiting for you. Did you want to eat in the dining hall, ... or where would we go eat?" She asked, her heart speeding up a bit. A date. She hadn't had an actual date- not since the other boy ran and left her, really. But he didn't even cross her mind anymore. "Nevermind- We can talk that over when you come back." She kissed him again, an then went to get ready for her date.. What a weird word.... She only hoped she wouldn't be shy an flustered when he arrived at her door.. But then, why would she? He knew her already- knew more about her than most people did. And she found herself really wanting to get to know him better as well.

Rebecca smiled at Niald... she couldn't help it. He was the one person who made her feel less ghostly every day. Sometimes, though she acted normally and tried her best not to be a burden, she felt even here in Malthen Ana, there was not much of a place for her really, except at Niald's side. She didn't mind it really, she wasn't necessarily needy or felt neglected. She understood so much was happening all at once. Life was trying in that way. "I guess I should eat. Breakfast does feel like hours ago. I'm glad Serena is back with Morden. You're right....he's what she needs right now." She added. She was glad Niald liked her hair and eye coloring; she just felt... Weird lately.~

Theresa didn't want the stew to go to waste, so she'd added a few more vegetables and extra broth to the mix, stirred it well and left it on the kitchen stove, but she had it ready and when another maid said King Jorga was hungry, she went ahead and brought him his supper. "Sorry, King Jorga- but there is a lot of the stew left, I'm hoping more people will eat it. If not I can make something else tomorrow." She said, having not been able to eat much herself at all, due to the stress of the day.

Aria flew all day, feeling a tad spiteful, despite her usually nice personality. Bitter thoughts were taking up her mind though, as she watched the city of Malthen Ana. She didn't really want to go back yet. Back to her room in the lab. She was grateful to Ellisar, always, for his taking her in when she had no one. But she just felt so guilty all the time of her anxious behavior. She knew she needed to curb it, to push all her feelings back inside the box where they belonged. She sighed, skimmed a wide river, letting her talons touch the surface gently, then flew higher. It wasn't anyone's fault she was a reject. She hated herself, her existence brought problems. But there was really no where she could go, to even feel close to ever feeling like she'd belong. There wasn't much anything she could do. She upset people all the time, like just a while ago. Flying took away the stress away sometimes, and she knew the dangers to avoid. Still, sometimes she went to the woods... like just now, on a whim. She was aware too, that it got later, but she did not go back. She was tormented enough by her own thoughts. She didn't need lectures to make it worse!

Rook was elated that she accepted and smiled, "I would like to surprise you," he said to all of her questions and kissed her at her door and then went to his room and pulled the bell. He scribbled a bunch of notes onto a paper and waited for Theresa to appear. He was putting a great deal of faith in the little woman's speed and willingness to help young love flourish...he was silently begging her to be a hopeless romantic.

Naild let go of one hand and then turned to walk with her to the dining hall. He could smell something and his stomach was already letting him know that it was happy to be soon fed. "That's usually your line..." he chuckled at his stomach growling loudly. "I've been overly stressed it seems." He'd be shocked to know she felt invisible. he couldn't imagine not having her there every day as support and to give insight. He valued ehr opinion and he loved her kind spirit and willing hands. "Something smells really good..."

Aldin helped Ellisar replace the window but left it open a crack so Aria could get back in and he looked out it every few minutes. Once darkness fell it was impossible not to worry. He decided not to mention it to Ellisar since he obviously wasn't concerned at all.

Ellisar totally oblivious to Aldin's inner conflict, "We better get up to dinner or we won't eat till breakfast. We missed lunch...I bet Theresa is peeved at the lot of us...poor things works so hard to make food and here we forget to eat. Must be horribly frustrating to her."

Aldin nodded, "I hadn't realized it was so late until the sun set..." he noted thinking Ellisar might then be worried about Aria too. "We should go eat."

Ellisar nodded, "I'm starved...hopefully she made something hearty. And bread...she makes the best bread."

Aldin stifled the sigh that welled up inside him, apparently not worried at all. He though glanced over his shoulder at the window as they headed for the stairs.

• Love
Claire managed to shower thoroughly, using her lilac soaps, and shampoos. When she'd dried off, she realized her arms felt so much better, not being in any pain or any cuts, it was a relief to simply dry off and go to her closet, in a fuss about what to wear, she finally settled on a pretty, silvery-green blouse with a matching, flowing skirt, and jeweled green sandals. She brushed out her long hair, and managed to tie it back, and braid it herself, using matching green-dragonfly barretts. She huffed at her reflection. It would have to do. She straightened up a bit, then walked over to her bed and simply waited. She was not about to pull the rope to summon Theresa. Personally she knew that woman was worn ragged every single day- cleaning, preparing meals, trying to get everyone coordinated with meals. But she was always so kind and helpful, Claire did wish her father would hire more maids, so she wasn't always doing -everything-! How did she even sleep? Claire wondered as she gazed out the window.~

Theresa smiled apologetically to King Jorga. "Seems Prince Rook is wanting to court Claire... I'll return shortly, my king." She promised, curtsying and then rushing off to attend the others. Maybe some of them would dine closer to the regular time again. She wouldn't mind so much if everyone was in the same spot for the evening meal, but lately life had been hectic; she wondered if it would just keep being crazy, or settle down soon. She sighed, straightened up a few things on her way to Rook's pull of the cord, and knocked before entering. "Yes?" She asked, quietly.

Rebecca went with Niald to the dining room and greeted Ellisar and Aldin. "How are you guys holding up?" She asked, taking her seat next to Niald. She hadn't seen either of them in a while it seemed! The stew of course, was fantastic. And she was considering helping out Theresa during the day, she really did seem over worked! It would give her something to do anyway, while Niald was learning to be a king. She didn't want to be in his way while he learned... He would need less distractions and alot of support. But she wouldn't be able to be there when they taught him kingly things. She knew Caden would be a big help, Nathan and Morden would too as they had a lot of experience as royalty. She was just... in the way. ~

Ellisar didn't have to be concerned about Aria- he was already doing a lot, letting her stay in the lab with him, keeping her from huge crowds, and she appreciated that a lot! But sometimes her mind was just relentless, and she couldn't find a better way to shut it up, other than flying, or being something other than her fae-self... She wasn't sure what she was, probably not a golden... She hadn't exactly had time to ask her merciless parents what she was, and really she didn't want to see them again, ever. They were probably alive somewhere, living happily in the village. Sadness took over then, and flying wasn't helping. She landed in the woods, and flared silver, briefly, becoming a large, silver-and-white wolf with green eyes. She felt better, marginally, and explored a few hours. Until she came across a man hunting in the wild that is. He was obviously hunting bears, deer, or whatever else was big enough for that long, fire-sharpened spear of his! She was stuck behind the bushes, studying him. He was in his thirties at least, with copper-hair and an oval shaped face, intense golden-brown eyes and tanned skin, 6'1 in height and lanky. He looked like he could move pretty fast. But Aria's wolf form was speedy too, so she had no choice, but to dart out from the bushes, and try to high tail it right past him and out of the woods! She yelped however, as soon as that man moved- his spear arm was strong, and he hurtled the spear right at her! Heeey she wasn't hurting anything-! Then, she howled with agony as the spear seared its way through her shoulder! She looked at the man reproachfully, deeply hurt and offended. "Hah! This one's got a pretty pelt..." He said, walking over to her. She lie still a moment, eyes full of pain...What the hell had he speared her for?! As soon as the man got close enough, she bit his arm, -hard-, just to hear HIM yelp, and then tore off, limping, but then flashed again into her bird form. She flew fast, to the palace, sometimes sinking towards the ground from pain. In the lab again, she locked the window, and fluttered crazily for a moment, dazed and confused from agony. Her shoulder felt like it wanted to fall off! Should she go see a healer? NO. No Aria, no one wants your stupid problems... She thought morphing human again, and doubling over, against the sink. With her good arm she pulled out the first aid kit, rummaging in there for quite a while, until she found the gauze. She disinfected it, literally covering her mouth with her sleeve so no one would hear her scream.... "Vile, stupid Aria.. Stupid stupid stupiid." She muttered, sinking to the floor. Well damnit- she knew the guys were at dinner, and she should go too, but.... it hurt. She couldn't even pull herself to her feet. She finished disinfecting the hole in her shoulder, shuddered with pain, and quickly wrapped the gauze and tape around it, efficiently. It did help a little. She lay on the floor of the bathroom a long time, thinking about what a total idiot she was...How upset Ellisar would be if he saw her being speared? Would he notice? She reluctantly sat up, made sure her bathroom was clean of any evidence, and tried to stand slowly. Everything hurt so bad. She knew she'd be expected to go to dinner however, and made sure to wear a long sleeved blouse, pale blue, and blue jeans, with a comfortable pair of sandals. Her head spun crazily a bit, and silently begging Theresa's forgiveness, altered her direction away from the door of the lab, to her own bed, where she passed out easily as soon as her head hit the pillow. She'd lost a lot of blood, but hopefully sleep would help her. She was -not- going to ask for help.

Rook was pacing when the knock came on his door. He ushered Theresa into the room and looked apologetic. "I know you are really busy and have a lot to do but I really need help." He outlined his entire plan to her and then watched her face for a reaction, "Can you have that ready in...well..how fast could you? I can fill in time if need be..." He hoped. He'd seen a little balcony overlooking the gardens in the back of the palace and it seemed just big enough to him to have a little table for two and candles and a quiet place to talk. She deserved something special and he wanted to give that to her."

Ellisar smiled at the two. "I am doing well thank you. We fixed the window and managed to drug the ass...I do hope your mother is well." he said to Naild. "I found the potion as quickly as I could."

Aldin smiled at the little couple. They were genuinely darling together. "Is she well?" he asked not able to keep himself from being worried about her either. He would have sworn he was not an emotional man before, but he was coming to learn that he had a tender heart toward the fairer sex. When it had come to be, he couldn't say, but it was there now torturing his soul. Oddly enough though, while he was anxious to know Serena was safe, his thoughts kept returning to Aria and where she might be.

Naild looked at the two men and bowed his head just slightly, "Gentlemen." he greeted and then heard their questions and nodded, "She is physically well now. Caden healed her. She lost the baby she was carrying though and she is heart broken over that, but she is determined to testify against Robert tomorrow morning."

"Oh I am so sorry," Ellisar said immediately.

Aldin was struck by the fact that Serena had been with child the entire time he was tending her. It had never occurred to him to check for such a thing and he felt horribly guilty now for all of his wishes concerning her. She'd had a family and a place of her own to belong where she was loved and cherished. He had not right to intrude upon that and he needed to stop [pining away about it. She was well cared for and had no need of the additional burden of his feelings. "Please give them both my condolences...I cannot even imagine such a loss."

Naild nodded to both, "I will do so thank you both." They ate in relative silence and when they had finished Naild held Rebecca's chair for her. "I could use a walk...we sat all day yesterday...I think there is a garden..."

Aldin saw the two leave and smiled, "They are certainly cute together."

Ellisar lifted his head, "what? Oh...yes seem made for one another don't they?" He shrugged a bit, "Can't say I've ever been so taken with a female. Could happen I suppose, but I'm usually all hip deep in my inventions."

Aldin shook his head, "One day someone will come along and make you realize there is more to life than work." he said as he poured another bowl of stew, grabbed some crackers and a bottle of wine."

"Could be...what's all that for? You that hungry?"

"It's for Aria in case she returns and is hungry. She took off without eating anything."

"She did?" he huffed, "She does things like that...you better be careful my friend. Maybe you've been bitten..."

"You don't need to worry about me," Aldin said with a smile, "I am just a considerate man. I'd do the same for you." And he would, but he doubted he'd ahve been looking out a window all day or worried out of him mind like he had been all day over Ellisar being missing.

"Of course you would," Ellisar said eyeing him curiously. "At any rate, I need to speak tot he king about that machine and whether we can attempt to use it...I will be back at the lab when I can."

Aldin nodded, "That would be great. I'll be happy to help you with that..." He made his way back to the lab and saw Aria's door open a lot wider than it had been. Was she back?? He poked his head in and saw her on the bed and tipped his head a bit. He didn't want to intrude, but he stepped in and set the bowl of stew on the stand by her bed and peeked at her, "Aria?" he asked gently to see if she was awake.

Theresa listened as Rook spoke and she felt admittedly happy, but a little jealous as well! She hid these feelings however; how could she even feel that way? She was simply a maid. A lucky maid at that! The king did seem to warm up to her these days... but romance! Ah youthful love. He was right though, Claire did need something special in her life; to keep the dreariness at bay. She smiled as Rook told her his plans. "I know the perfect balcony, Prince Rook. Give me at least 30 minutes? Balcony on the third floor has an empty, unused room. Best view of the night stars... Meanwhile, go talk with her... she's daft in love with you too.." She added, already thinking of the roses she'd need from the huge outside Garden. It wasn't outside palace walls, and being a maid, well, the others of Malthen Ana had no wish to harm her- that she knew of! She went immediately to set up lights, flowers, and candles for the two love birds...

Rebecca couldn't help the small giggle at that "ass" remark to Robert! She heartily agreed, he was a demon and should be exiled as one. "Well let me know if there's anything I can help with in defeating Robert.. Though I am sure the Tribunal Meeting tomorrow will know what's best." She added. She'd eaten plenty of the delicious stew, and even went and washed her own dishes before returning to Niald's side. "A walk does sound good..Is it safe to leave the palace yet, though?" She asked, knowing Xavier had his hands full in guarding that butthead Robert.

Aria winced as the man's voice reached her ears. She ought to PRETEND to sleep. Then no one would know she was hurt. But..she was hungry, and Theresa's stews were awesome. She sat up, wincing at the throbbing pain in her shoulders but smiled a bit at Aldin. "Sorry- flying can get tiring sometimes. Took a break and went wolf for a while... then encountered problems with a hunter, thought I was a real wolf." She explained. She was an idiot alright. Why couldn't she think and process things like NORMAL people? Why was her head always so dark she just wanted to flee from herself? Even more than she wanted to run from people?? She'd never be any good in a relationship. Or a friendship... she should just reside inside the lab like a monster and not have to be endured by others..

Rook showered quickly and put on his best clothes. He straightened the lapel of the jacket as he looked in the mirror on the wardrobe. He pulled on short boots and brushed down his pants. His hands were clammy from nerves and he could hardly breathe. He took a last look and frowned at his image. So dark looking, but he hoped she didn't mind that anymore. He left his room and knocked on her door and stood there fidgeting as he waited for her to answer.

Naild looked at her, "I think this one is inside the palace walls...but I think my friends can keep us safe either way." He had come to think of all creatures as his friends now, and his faith in them was unbelievably high. They walked and he found a small garden in an area that was fully surrounded by the high walls of the palace but there was a path that wound through it which they followed. He looked up, "look at that?" he said looking up, "The stars look different with the water in the way don't they?" He had to remind himself that they were under water because everything seemed so normal here.

Aldin watched her and saw that wince, the medic in him lifted a brow and he listened to her stunted speech and crouched down next to the bed, "what kind of trouble?" he asked and again his voice was gentle and full of warmth. He had a natural ability to make people feel calm and safe and he was hoping it would work on her as well. "Did the hunter hurt you?" he asked watching her closely, "I have been so worried all day...Ellisar said not to worry but I could not manage it. I must have looked out the window five hundred times." he still held the wine, "You left without eating...so I brought some stew and wine...I .. do you like wine?" he asked suddenly realizing she might hate it and he was being an idiot, "Should I get some water instead?"

Jorga ate his food and then went to the kitchen to wait for Theresa to return. He hadn't had a chance to ask her what she meant by that comment about Rook and Claire, but he wanted to ask. He didn't necessarily disapprove of the pairing, but he wasn't sure they had known one another long enough to be speaking about courting and such things. he sat there and frowned at himself. Stupid old man. The girls weren't going to stay in the nest forever, and once they found love he would honest and truly be alone.

Theresa made her way to the 3rd balcony quickly. With her mind powers, she was able to set -everything- up to look just like a romantic restaraunt! She even lit the candles without needing matches or anything else, and the flowers had been easy to gather. Once that was done, she summoned both Rook and Claire. Claire was surprised, but she smiled at Theresa, who smiled back and led the two love birds up to the balcony. There was even a bottle of champagne and two crystal glasses. "Enjoy you two.. There's plenty of stew left, so don't leave hungry." She'd set the stew into large bowls for both of them at a round table with a crisp white cloth, covered in pink flowery petals. She left the lovebirds alone and went back to the kitchen, surprised to see King Jorga there. "They are a very sweet couple, my king. Rook never tries any funny business with Claire... and she... Listens to him. Probably better than I have seen her listen to anyone else." She assured him gently.

Claire was most certainly in awe! But... poor Theresa! "So much work that woman goes through.. We'll clean everything up when we're done okay, Rook?" She offered, smiling as she gazed at the romantic scenery around them. Theresa really did have a flair for romance and an eye for decorating! "Thank you Rook... this is all very sweet." She told him, impressed he'd taken such time and trouble to have this arranged...

Rebecca smiled as she walked with Niald, holding his hand. "It's beautiful.. I can see the wavy water.. and the stars -do- look brilliant from here." She added, glad she was able to spend some alone time with him. "Whenever I'm by myself these days... I don't know how to help. I sometimes feel that yes I am home now, and other times.. my feelings are just confused..." She shrugged, unable to really grasp at words to help him understand her better. It wasn't important anyway... The night was just beautiful.

Aria watched Aldin as he studied her... "Oh... I guess he did hurt me. But I'm not dying or anything.. it's fine." She said. "I used to.. when I was younger, fly off all night. Once a big snake almost ate me, my morph sizes were as tiny as my kid-size, so it wasn't as easy to shift like it is now. But the hunter-guy had a spear." She shrugged. She did like wine however and thanked him. "No, wine is fine. Really I drink water all day. Sometimes from the bathroom tap water if a lot is happening." She blushed, having isolated herself a very long time now. "I guess I should tell you- " She didn't like keeping secrets from those she cared about. And while Ellisar was too busy usually to notice a lot of things, she knew she could trust Aldin. "My parents left me at age 5. They looked at me one last time after kicking me around, and made sure I knew how they felt about shifters. I never saw them again- though I suppose they could be somewhere in Malthen Ana. I tried earlier to see beyond it, but there's only miles of woods." She admitted. There. Now he knew why she was a total spaz-case... .. Probably got kicked in the head a few more times than she could count.~

Rook had Claire's hand resting on his forearm and covered in his free hand as they walked up the stairs. He wanted to make sure she was ok after all the craziness and wasn't about to let her fall on the stairs. He smiled at Theresa's preparations and bent to kiss her cheek, "Thank you...this is exactly what I had in mind." he led Claire to the table and held her chair for her while she sat and then took his own. "I hope you do not mind, but I wanted a little time away from everyone else where we could just enjoy the evening without a lot of stress or interruptions. I ..." he blushed a bit though it was difficult to tell, "Was weeling a bit selfish and did not wish to share you with anyone else."

Naild walked with her and listened to her as he always did, "I'm not sure what your idea of helping is Rebecca. You found the law to save my mother, and you came to the tribunal as support, and you never give up on anyone...how much more help can you be? I haven't done anything..." he wasn't worried about it because he knew he WOULD be doing things that were really important one day. "I have so much to learn...it's a lot to think about..." he admitted, "But...I want to find some books about my grandfather and study them. I hope I can restore his good name and take away the reproach that my father is bringing to it." He saw a bench in the middle of the garden and led her to it, "I can't even imagine how disappointed he must have been that his son didn't take his responsibilities seriously."

Aldin frowned, "Hurt you where? May I please check? I am not a healer but I now about wounds and how to fix them properly." He was going to worry to death if he didn't check, but he didn't want to burden her with that thought. She spoke of almost being eaten by a snake and other horrors and he blinked, "It pains me to know so much evil resides within people...and especially within parents." He touched her hand lightly, "I've never had any children...but I've always thought it would be amazing to see a little face with my eyes or hair...or my wife's hair and eyes." he looked at her and thought what beautiful children she'd make and shook himself mentally. Get a grip Aldin, this is all because of the news about Serena's lost child and their problems...you are overthinking everything. "i'm sorry they were cruel to you...I am not as strong as other people here but...if they ever tried to hurt you again I'd turn them into stone." He blinked. Where had that come from? Could he do such a thing? Thinking about the power he'd been given he had to believe he could based on the mineral and water content of humans.

Jorga was leaning against the counter with his feet and arms crossed. She flitted into the room all smiles and happiness and he listened. "They haven't know one another very long..." he said trying to hold onto a little of his outrage, which was nearly impossible when faced with her eternal cheeriness. He looked at her with a curious eye, "Have you slept? Or eaten? Or rested?" he asked peering at her without blinking it seemed, "You know, this whole place relies on you and if you fall over we will all likely starve to death." He was only half kidding. "You seem to have lost a bit of weight too." Yes, he noticed.

Claire smiled at Rook. "I'm okay.. everything's fine. Everything will be much better hopefully tomorrow after Tribunal Meeting as well. Rook- you're really a great person...I always like spending time with you. This may be a last chance for a while until things settle down, but never doubt that I really do love you as well." She said, holding one of his hands across the table. The stars reflected lights brilliantly through her hair and eyes, and the candles caused both of their eyes to sparkle. "I can't help but be drawn to you. You're the kindest person I've met." She said quite honestly.~

Rebecca hugged Niald, shocked he felt that way too..Then she shook her head. "You'll make a great king, Niald- because you already -want- to do more for this kingdom and for your people. I'm here to help with whatever's necessary. I will always be here to help you." She promised, smiling gently. "Parents.. are people just like us, Niald. Full of feelings too- and doubts.." She smiled,, enjoying the night air against her skin, and how cool it was outside, with hardly anyone out. The roses smelled very pretty.

Aria smiled as he told her he'd missed out on having a family as well. She put her stew down, having eaten most of it anyway- and reluctantly pulled down the sleeve of her shirt. "It's alright... I don't feel it really. Bandage and lots of peroxide..." She made a face. "Felt it then though.. The hunter was out looking for bears and such- I came out unexpectedly behind a bush and must have startled him. But then once he'd speared me he said I'd make a pretty penny for my pelt so I bit him, turned into a bird again and flew straight here.. " She admitted, carefully unwrapping the bandage... The wound was deeper than she'd first thought, and seriously turning dark.. Hm.. Maybe not so little after all.. "Never saw anyone turned to stone though-- guy was pretty tall...6'1 I think.... Fast, copper haired..." She tried to remember other details. "Wore green..."

Theresa -did- usually feel faint after a long day, but she had only seven or eight other maids, and they had plenty to do as well. "Its fine, King Jorga... Love doesn't happen every day; and Claire really needs this. She needs to see that people can be kind." She laughed at his statement of how much rested on her! "Oh Sire, I know. I take breaks, drink plenty of water... I usually eat when everyone else is asleep, and then if the nights aren't -too- terrible in my mind, I sleep too. I do have talents that help out with the chores when they get tough. I'm not suffering, honest." She smiled again, appreciating his concern though. She did seem pale and tired tonight however, but that was because there had been so much going on. . . "This Tribunal Council Meeting- will you all need pitchers of water, tea? something stronger? And I could bring in baskets of bread and fruit to make sure you all can stay as long as needed- wherever it's held?" She offered, her mind already running through more things to prepare the next day. She gave so little thought to herself.

Rook held her hand rubbing his thumb over her hand as she spoke. He wondered what his mother would say of all of this. He almost wished he could throw all this happiness in her face defiantly and show her that all her evil intent was to no avail. "I hope you are right Claire. Things have been a bit chaotic since our arrival, and I feel a bit responsible for that to be honest. I understand why the people are afraid of me, I do. it's a totally rational response to what they have seen and experienced at my mother's hands." he looked at how the light was playing on her hair and in her eyes and could not imagine a more beautiful sight. "I wish you could see how perfect you look right now...like a sparkling diamond..." His voice was raspy and coarse with emotions he could not express or contain. he stood and pulled her up, "Dance with me..." he said as he began to sing softly in he ear holding her close, feeling so blessed and happy he could feel tears stinging his eyes.

Naild held her close and smiled when she promised to always be with him and support him. "You have always believed in me far more than I believe in myself...I couldn't do any of this without you cheering me on. This all terrifies me Rebecca...it does...I'm glad I have so many wise men to learn from before I have to try to rule here." He pulled her onto his lap and looked up at the stars. "This really is a beautiful place..."

Aldin watched her undo the injury and frowned, "don't move..." He left her there and went for his bag and return putting it down on the floor next to him and then opening it up. There were bottles and blades and all manner of herbs and other things inside. "Please don't be afraid of me...I will try to be gentle but it may hurt." He pulled a leaf from the bag and handed it to her. "Chew on this...it should dull the pain a bit." Then he pressed on the sides of the wound and saw wicked looking greenish puss ooze from it and groaned. "It is already infected...his spear must have been dirty." he sighed and reached into the bag for a small knife. "I'm sorry...I have to open this up a bit and get this out...are you ready?"

Jorga listened to her and crooked a finger at her for her to come closer. He was towering over her then, "Theresa," he said using her name for likely the first time since he had hired her. "I know you have talents and abilities. You keep this place running efficiently and well, but...when i say rest..I mean it. Please do not make me sit up all night to watch you and make sure you do it." he was looking at her and his gaze never wavered or left hers but challenged her to refuse him or argue further. He hadn't ever noticed the flacks of gold in her eyes or the cute little dimples at her cheeks or the way her eyes crinkled a it at the corners. He was noticing now though as he waited, "On second thought..." he said straightening suddenly, "I think I WILL sit up and make sure you sleep...come with me." He did not give her any chance to argue or protest, but led her to his huge suite in the uppermost part of the palace. He opened the double doors and ushered her in and then pointed to the very large bed, "Up you go." he said pointing to it. He then sat in the large chair next to the bed and waited. He was playing with fire, and he knew it, but he was really waiting to see what she'd do.

• Love
Claire was just thinking the same thing about Rook, how his dark hair glittered against the candle light. She gladly stood up with him, her head against his shoulder as he sang -quite beautifully- she might add. "I don't recognize the song, but I like it. Things -have- been chaotic a long time before your arrival and the others' arrival... Don't let them make you feel any less of a good person. They know the laws now: They must accept all of you, or leave. I'm hopeful my own bullies are completely gone.. I think they must be. Haven't found any more notes or any threats. It -was- my fault I think .... for keeping it secret so long. Like I was toying with fire." She admitted, blushing. She moved easily in his arms, and loved just being held by him.~

Rebecca smiled as Niald held her. They'd been through so much together. "Yes it is a scary, responsibility, Niald.. But you're right- you have so many helpful people around you to guide you through it, and always, my support. But Niald- it's scary to think of myself even as a queen. I have no guidance. Laurana's so busy, I don't want to bother the two of them. I'm... I've never had real female guidance really. Kind of asked Sheena a few life questions but you know how that turned out." She shrugged. "But I have faith you'll be just fine, Niald." She assured him. "It is beautiful here. Maybe after Tribunal Meeting we can explore some of the palace." She added, happy to be out here with him.

Aria nodded, letting him give her the leaf to chew on, which she did, thoroughly! It did seem to numb some of the pain. "I am a klutz, no matter what form I take Aldin. Usually I make only short expeditions out of the lab. Ellisar's never had to go looking for me and I don't like making anyone worry.. But tonight I guess my head was a bit dark, and I just wanted to flee from myself. Kind of a pointless endeavor I suppose." She huffed slightly, her face twisting in agony as he started pulling out knives and other things! She shrugged out of her blouse, still leaving her bra on! But he could see her flat stomach, already a few scars on her back and shoulders from previous accidents in the past. "Okay.... Smother me with a pillow if I start screaming..I'm sure people are asleep by now." She added warily. She didn't keep the leaf in any longer though because it had a slightly acidic taste. Instead she took a long drink of wine, and put the glass back down. "Okay... Go ahead." She told him, closing her eyes, tight.

Theresa was in shock. Here the king was..with all his own worries, his own whole kingdom and palace and family to worry about and -she- was the main focus? She almost swooned, but held herself steady, noticing the challenging look in his eyes. Oh my......Dizzy. That's how Jorga's gaze made her feel tonight. She really had a million things to do- but then.... "Alright Alright- I surrender---" She held her hands up, prisoner-style, just to make him laugh- and then she was on his bed! But then he sat down on his chair -next- to her. Oh that would not do! "Forgive my boldness, King Jorga... but should you not also rest?" She asked, her face a complete mask of innocence at that moment! The room was far more spacious than she remembered, and the mattress was extremely comfortable... like a cloud... But it was awfully big for just her small form!

Rook smiled when he finished the song but did not stop moving with her in his arms, "One time...my mother sent me to gather something from Aura, queen of the white fae, Lauranna and Chastianna's mother. I was in my tiny dragon form and she saw me and smiled the most delighted smile at me. She held out her hand and I flew to it and she brushed a soft finger over my head and neck and it felt wonderful. And then she sang that song. I sat listening and thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard." he kissed the top of her head, "I never dared to sing it around my mother or in the swamp, but tonight...with you looking for perfectly beautiful...I had to share it with you." He was humming a random melody then, in a rich baritone voice when she spoke of the people, "I am not worried about them. If your father accepts me and you do then I am content. More than content actually."

Naild listened and nodded, "I bet there are books in the library about former queens... and I think Lauranna will have time...maybe not in the next week or two but before I am king and we are wed, I think she will have time." He was smiling at her in the most peculiar way, "I always think I love you as much as I ever could and then I see something new and my love grows a bit. It always surprises me." he really was an old soul trapped in his youthful body.

Aldin waited until she was ready, "No chance I am smothering you with anything...sorry." he said, "I do have a bit of leather to bite on if you need to." he handed her that. his hands were very gentle when he touched her and his hands were deft with the blade and he made the fewest and smallest cuts that he could. Blood and poison began to flow from the wound and he let it flow. He had a cloth to catch it and watched it. He put her hand on that cloth and tipped his head, "Hold that right there..." he said and grabbed a sterile cloth and poured something from a bottle onto it. "This will probably hurt...sorry." He pressed the cloth with the medicine onto the wound. he heard the telltale hissing beneath the cloth and frowned, "Sorry...it's helping I promise..."

Jorga looked at her leaning forward in his chair slightly, "Are you inviting me to share that bed with you Theresa?" he asked humor dancing in his eyes. Gods the woman was delightfully charming and that riot of red hair that had his hands itching to touch it and hold onto it...among other things. he was half afraid to get on the bed, it had been a very long time since he'd felt anything for a woman and he wasn't sure how well he'd be able to control himself.

Claire smiled, but sadly, at the thought of the young jade dragon flying to his mother's fist, only to be lied to and told to steal something very precious of Queen Aura and King Lars! It tore her heart, knowing he'd been so eager to be cherished by his only parent that she'd later doomed him to the life of the swamp. She cuddled closer to Rook, her arms around his waist. "You are a very handsome man yourself, Rook. And the song is lovely. I am sure they will accept you." She told him. She wasn't worried about her own acceptance anymore, not really. She had Rook, she had a good family. That was enough for her.~

Rebecca chuckled a bit as Niald sounded older than his age. "Yes, I will look into more library books on ancient queens, and see how they ruled. I hope maybe some day I can be competent, smart enough, and maybe make my powers useful here. I have always loved you Niald. Even back in the caves. .. .you were always so protective of your mother. You still are... and I'm glad you're so sweet." She added, smiling.

Aria looked at the leather thing and shook her head. "No.. I can be quiet. It's fine.." She said, but the hissing pain from the poison being cleaned out- poison? Really ? That guy had tipped his spear with actual poison? She wanted to get his name! Or peck at his eyes... She was indignant as well as in complete agony. The agony won out of course and she simply smothered her screams with her face on his shoulder while he cleaned out the gods-awful wound. "Geez!" She wailed, as the stinging fizz completely burned through the wound. It was turning lighter colors though; so she knew it was helping. But that fizz was driving her frantic, even worse than the wound and Aldin digging in it.. "How.. Long... is this going to keep hurting?" She was holding back her screams but only -just-

Theresa laughed slightly. "Tis your bed, my king. You are gracious in sharing it with me tonight." She told him, her eyes sparkling with mischief, though her face remained innocent! She had liked the king a long time. She just had never been so certain he felt the same way but it was becoming very clear to her that he did! And this did make her heart feel lighter than it had in a long time....She hoped he -did- take her offer and climb into that bed with her! She knew he was being careful... but... with time, he'd soon find she wasn't -completely- breakable or that fragile.~

• Sweet
Reactions: PoetLore
Rook heard her call him handsome and he smiled, "I am glad to hear you say as much. I am...so very different from you...I was not sure you would be able to find my physical form attractive." he moved a bit away and cupped her face in his palm, "May I please kiss you?" he asked as he looked at her with such longing in his dark eyes.

Naild looked at her, "You are smart...and your power is helpful, and I am glad to have you by my side. You don't have to become anything different...you are perfect just as you are. Learning how to do something is different than changing into something different...please...don't ever change. I have always loved you...I swear sometimes I was born loving you. We can handle anything as long as we are together." She spoke of his caring for his mother and he smiled, "Now she has another protector and I can spend my time learning how to be the best husband for you that I can be."

Aldin liked the feel of her head on his shoulder even though he was afraid at any moment she was going to start biting into it in agony. "I think it's almost done...the color is nearly clear now...just hold on a few more seconds." True to his word he lifted the cloth and looked at the wound. It was pink and healthy looking tissue again and he was relieved. "Think you can handle a little more while i stitch this back up?" he asked while pouring her another glass of wine, "Maybe one more will help?"

Jorga stood and he was once again towering over her, barely in control of himself, "Speak a word or tell me to leave...you do not have much longer..." His eyes were burning into her with a greedy and almost primal kind of look in them. Most women would be terrified of such a look, and he was not attempting to lessen it, because she needed to know what was coming.

• Love
Claire gazed into Rook's beautiful eyes and smiled gently... "You can kiss me." She agreed, tilting her head at an angle so their noses wouldn't bump. Not that her's was long, or his. She wasn't an expert kisser... she hoped he was though, but if not it was fine, they would practice together. "Differences shouldn't matter Rook.. Only narrow minded people think that way." She assured him, smiling. He was so sweet..

Rebecca blushed. "Then I will do my best, Niald, to never change.. I agree we are best when together.. And I know you're my only love." She kissed him then, the stars catching in her eyes, and she couldn't help it..."Sorry--Niald..." She apologized, hoping she wasn't too bold! She couldn't help it though... She'd always wanted to kiss him.....

Aria winced, gasping for breath as the pain seared her badly. She hoped Ellisar wouldn't walk in just then! She hated this kind of pain, but she knew it was her own fault so she just took it. She didn't bite, scream, kick or yell, as she knew he was doing his very best to spare her further agony.. "No .. I-I'm fine.." She wheezed. She just needed the pain to die down and she knew she'd be alright once the bandages were back around the shoulder again... "Want to find hunter-man and peck him a bit though... He was in the woods- with a group of other guys." She recalled, puzzled. It wasn't hunting season though- what -had- they actually been doing? She was tempted to find out later tomorrow!

Theresa saw his eyes, and did not run. This was the king. The man she'd looked after for years; and she knew he'd been through great trials and agony and she wanted nothing more than to help him heal. "I will not run or tell you to leave, my king." She told him, with her own intense gaze. She found the look on his face very fascinating, and wasn't scared at all! He already knew she'd been with no other man, ever in her life before him...yet she trusted him completely.

Rook saw her tilt her head and smiled as his face neared hers and his lips finally touched hers. She tasted like the sweetest nectar any god would drink and he felt the power of it all the way to his dark core. his dark core reached out and enveloped them both and surrounded them in a tick mass of shimmering night. Hi was so lost in the kiss he wasn't even aware that his core was attempting to join with hers, even without an official ceremony of joining. But when he was aware he pulled back, afraid that was a bad thing. "I'm sorry..." he said backing away terror in his eyes as he elft her there and ran to his room.

Naild felt her lips and even she ended the kiss all too soon he found himself leaning closer to her to prevent it. "No need to be sorry...I remember every second of being older...all the ways it felt to touch you and I can't wait to be able to know everything. I think that for now...kissing is ok..." Poor innocents....neither had any idea what they were playing at.

Aldin grabbed another bottle from the bag and poured it on the open wound, "That should help numb this area so the stitches won't hurt. You might feel a bit of tugging though." He was using two needles and crossing them over each other at the same time to lessen the pain. He was as quick as he could be and then he finished and kissed her temple. "You did great." he said and then placed a clean bandage on it and held it in place with his tape so she wouldn't need to wrap it the whole way around her shoulder. "More wine?" he asked as he leaned back to look at her, "I'm not sure what they might have been doing, but maybe someone should inform the king or Xavier...if they were using poison tips on spears and looking for wolf pelts...that doesn't sound good."

Jorga heard the words but he couldn't believe she was not running for her life. The fact that he could see that absolute trust there helped him tamp down a bit of his raging desire. He pulled off his shirt, revealing a wide strong chest and thick arms. He never stopped looking at her as he undressed, wanting her to have the time to run, or say no. If he was a real man of honor he would walk away and leave her be, but he couldn't. He stripped away his pants and did not hide anything of himself from her. "Last chance...." he said through slightly gritted teeth.