• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Theresa smiled again at Jorga as he gently encouraged her to eat with them at the table. Ordinarily she would be perplexed, and try to say it wasn't right, that she was only a maid- but the look in his eyes held her protests and she agreed. "Thanks. I will sit next to you." She assured him as they walked back into the dining room. Every one rose to their feet as was custom with lots of "Good morning King Jorga", floating about the room.

Serena also bid the king goodmorning and tried not to look gloomy or sad. She was simply glad to be here with everyone this morning. Even if it turned out to be the last day with them... she knew they were trying their best, and she would try to be less sad. She kept Robert completely from her mind. "You look nice, Niald... you too Rebecca." She said as the youngsters also greeted the king and took their places at the table by Serena and Morden.

Rebecca had hastily showered, then changed into a pretty pale silver gown with tiny pink roses all over it. It felt a bit elegant, but not too heavy. She found shoes to match and had tied her still drying hair in a pony tail. She smiled at Serena and admired the woman for not having a melt down all over the breakfast table! She always was so good at hiding how she felt...

Claire and Tamsin were both at the table as well, everything looked delightful. They hadn't missed King Jorga finally paying attention to the poor haggard woman either and both were thinking it -THINKING- not saying, but perfectly in synch as sisters tended to- ABOUT TIME DAD. They both hoped it was loud enough to broadcast though, as they greeted Theresa as well.

Last but not the least- Laurana and Caden arrived to take their places at the breakfast table, wherever a seat was available! Lauden was being his quiet, well behaved self for now... but the day was young. Everyone wanted to admire the new baby, and Laurana was alright as long as they minded the lad's head and neck, keeping him supported.~

Jorga had no idea anyone was thinking anything, or directing any thoughts toward him or his behavior. he merely sat down and began enjoying his breakfast. "Delicious as always." he said to Theresa. He never actually used her name though, he'd always just begin speaking to her. Everyone ate and spoke and enjoyed the meal together and then he stood again. "SO, shall we all go to the square and get this business out of the way so we might get life in Malthen Ana back to rights?" He pushed his chair in and then led them all out to the large platform that stood in the square. There were many people gathered already, but others will still making their way.

Rook stood with Claire and whispered in her ear, "All is well...nothing at all to fear today." He was encouraging her and himself at the same time. The people didn't look as restless or angry as they had the previous day, and he was glad of it, but he did see some odd looks directed at him and Caden and Chastianna as well. Hmmm....they don't like us dark fae it seems.

Chastianna stood with Gavin her hand tightly held to his, "They keep looking at me." she said through gritted teeth and a plastered on smile.

Caden stood proudly with his wife and child by his side. He noticed the sideways glances and he could sense the distrust, but in that he could not blame them. If their only interaction with dark fae had been Helena and Hannah they were wise to be wary. Still, he wasn't going to cower before them or beg for acceptance. He intended to prove who he was, and win them over in that way.

Aldin stayed close to Morden as he wasn't sure what to expect, though Ellisar was in the crowd giving him a thumbs up sign. he had to smile and was glad he'd already made a good friend and ally.

Robert was the last to show up to the gathering and it started a murmuring to ripple through the crowd. Apparently he was not a normal attender of such things. He made his way to the platform from Jorga's side and glared at him, "OK Show me this impostor."

Jorga lifted a brow and stepped back allowing him a clear view of Serena and Naild.

Robert was ready to lay into them about being liars and trying to steal the throne, but when he saw her he felt like he'd been kicked in the gut by a great stallion. But then he noticed a man with his arm around her possessively and his shock turned into venom. He moved across the platform and meant to tower over her but Naild intercepted him and blocked his path. He saw the similarities immediately and assumed this must be Naild. "So at least she has no raised a coward. But it seems she has become a whore in my absence."

Jorga moved to separate Robert from them, "You need to speak to the item I mentioned and no other. but you must know one thing before you do so. She is with child to her husband Morden. She believed you to be dead as well. However that will not be until the rest of the business of this meeting is concluded."

Robert lifted his chin a bit, "FINE!"

Jorga stepped back to his place at the amplifier and spoke. "I have asked you all together here today to make several announcements. First, both of the dark sisters have been destroyed and their ability to harm anyone again has been destroyed by the Glen itself." Cheers of gladness erupted in the crowd. "Yes, this is a good thing. The Glen's way of protecting us all was to destroy every place that the sisters knew of and had been, so that any magical enchantments or traps they might have placed would be destroyed as well. This is why the people standing before you ahve come here. They have no homes, no palace and no lives to return to above as they had before. It was the Glen's wishes that all fae live as one, in unity and not divided as they had been. I see the wisdom in this, and having traveled with these people, and seen their willingness to aid and help strangers I am even more certain of it. I know many of you are fearful of a dark fae, believing all of them are evil, but that is not the case. Caden, is a gifted healer. Prince Rook is able to recharge completely depleted magical cores. Chastianna is a healer as well. The Glen does not give useless gifts. All of this is useful and will benefit all of us. We have no true healers among us. Also...they found and protected the lost children of my brother." He brought forth Rebecca and Gavin. "This in itself was enough to convince me they are good. I hope you will welcome them. BUT...know this my people. I will not suffer blind prejudice, or attacks, open or private any more. It was brought to my attention yesterday that people were attacking my daughter Claire. Forty Five of them now are no longer with us, having been destroyed by the sky itself in retribution. So...speak now. If you be with me and these changes so be it. But if not, you will pack your things and leave Malthen Ana forever."

There was a murmuring and much discussion among the people. many looks at the platform and intense discussions happening in pockets of people. Ellisar was talking to a large group near him and had them all calm and contained. There was only one group that seemed to not be able to come to a consensus among themselves. One man stepped forward. "How do we know we are safe from the dark fae? How do YOU know they are not pretending to be what you want them to be until they can strike?"

Jorga sighed. "These all fought against Helena. They killed her, not me."

Xavier stepped forward and clasped his hands in front of him. He did not stand behind the amplifier but spoke. "I can assure you. I can see their core, hear their thoughts, know their intents and what drives them. None of these are a threat to you."

The man looked at Xavier and nodded then stepped back as more discussion ensued. "Very well...we accept."

Jorga blinked but smiled, "Thank you. Also, there is another matter which will affect all of Malthen Ana." He moved over to Naild and brought him to the front and stood beside him. "This is Naild."

A huge gasped intake of air accompanied that announcement. All of them knew of the declared dead son of Robert and who he was.

"He and his mother have returned to us." He looked at Robert and nodded.

Robert glared at Morden and Serena and then turned to the crowd, "You see before you my wife Serena and son Naild. I had believed them dead, but as they are here now I claim my wife and child."

Jorga felt sweat beading on his forehead. "So be it." he said and then looked at Serena full of apology and regret.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Everyone enjoyed the breakfast and thanked Theresa, before going out to the village of Malthen Ana. Everyone was silent as one, as they listened to his decree, and fortunately, only Robert was the real jackass that day! Claire stood beside Rook, ready to defend him if anyone made a move to hurt him. Then she heard her father speak out on her behalf... and to her intense surprise and flare of hope, no one spoke against him or called her any names.

Not such a good day for Serena. She glowered angrily at Robert as he moved to insult her. Niald was at his best, loving son- protective mode and would not let him hurt her. But she saw the determination in Robert's eyes, especially at how close Morden was to her! She gently took Niald aside... "Guard Morden, please...." She told Niald. "I love you both." She said, then faced down Robert. "You left me for dead Robert. You gave me to the five men who hurt me in the worst ways, then bludgeoned my head with a rock... If I hadn't found Niald in the hallow of a tree, he might have died from an animal attack.... I know you expected Me to die at the men's hands. You have no right to claim me.... and if you take me home now, I promise you I will see you and that house burned to the ground when you have your back turned!" She shouted, pushing at him. She was not going to go so easily! She hated him, and whatever she had to do to get away, she would!...

Claire was shocked, as was Tamsin. They hadn't expected this to happen to poor Serena. She looked furious though, and everything she said about Robert was likely true and it left them pretty disgusted with that man. They hoped she really didn't have to leave with him!

"Laurana- Caden... please don't let Robert take Serena... isn't there anything we can do??" She looked ready to climb on Robert's back and bite him!

Through sheer force of will, Nathan tried to stay calm as well. The crowds were murmuring, but they knew the marriage laws were awfully strict..."Melise... can you not ... determine a way out of this Serena's already suffered far too much..." He added, staring at Robert in disbelief....

Robert looked at Serena and there was no love there, only spite and venom. "You have until this time tomorrow to submit yourself to my claim, or you will submit to the law of royal marriage and die. It is your choice WIFE," he said and then turned to the crowd. "I proclaim this day at this hour my right as husband. She has one day, as is our custom to relent and submit, or she will die in this very square." Then he turned to her, "Burn the palace down?" he said with a lifted brow, "Where all your friends live? I somehow doubt it. I live in the tallest tower of the palace. Come alone." He left her there and stormed off for his quarters.

Morden quickly rushed up and wrapped Serena in his arms. "We will find the answer....do not give up hope Love..."

Melise leaned over and whispered in Rebecca's ear, "You have the right book dead...skip ahead a bit and read carefully." And then she leaned back against Nathan. "I can do only what I have done. My interference in such a thing would not be accepted." She leaned closer, "I am an outsider like you, but my gift has made me welcome. But my influence has its limits."

Lazar looked at Rebecca, "Ready to get back to the library golden child?" he was still chuckling at her feisty outburst.

Naild watched his father leave and felt nothing. How odd was that? He went to Morden and his mother and hugged them both. "We will find the answer...you two take care of each other while we do."

Serena felt herself shaking. As if a small earthquake had unleashed inside her and she didn't know what to think anymore. She hugged Morden and Niald tightly.. "I know...but if I do die tomorrow I'm taking him with me. No one should have to suffer the likes of him." She sighed, then stood up. "I might as well get this over with.. Listen to me, both of you." She told Morden and Niald sternly, already knowing she must go to that tower of Robert's. "Even if he gets... violent, please know I will be alright. I know you guys will think of something... " She bit her lip, gazing at the spot Robert had just left... "To think I used to grieve for him every day when I thought he was dead." She shook her head, kissed Morden deeply, held Niald a moment longer, and then made her way reluctantly back to the tower where Robert lived. She couldn't spend the day with her family; not when it would be considered against the law.. He said the tallest tower, and the winding steps did look intimidating. She took them anyway, holding to the stair-rail, until ten minutes later, she was at Robert's door. She held a deep breath, and exhaled slowly. Then knocked on the door. "It's Serena." She said grimly. She would be lucky if anyone would be able to find her alive.~

Rebecca's eyes widened and she knew exactly what Melise meant. "Thank you Oracle," She whispered, then smiled at Lazar. "Yes I am. I know exactly where to look now." She added, and wouldn't say how or why. She hurried through the palace, not really waiting for anyone, and went back to the same book she had fallen asleep on! She immediately started flipping ahead on the pages. It took several moments, and plenty of time for everyone else to join them in the library; but she found exactly what Melise had pointed out to her. "Oh good.. this might help." She said, then waited for everyone else to arrive before she read it out loud.

Claire walked back inside with Rook, terribly disappointed.... she couldn't believe that Jackass Robert would declare Serena's death just like that ! Just because Serena didn't want him back! And then she had to go to Robert's tower anyway... "I don't like it Rook.. I don't like leaving her alone up there..." She said, torn between storming up there to check on her..She really was tempted to call a thunder bolt to zap Robert back a pile of ash! But that would be wrong and she couldn't ask the sky of something that petty and demeaning.. "Sorry... Rook. He's just so awful." She shook her head, hoping that Morden and Niald could figure something out soon, before Serena got hurt for even showing up at Robert's place! She never did like the guy. She walked with Rook to the stables, searching for two perfect, large saddles for Ellisar and Aldin to work with that day.

Tamsin watched the episode between Robert, Morden, Serena and Niald with distaste in her mouth. He was so rude! How could her father tolerate a man like that even taking residence as a palace guard? She rubbed her temples, a migrane was definitely settling in her head. And Serena! How could she actually go back to that bastard? Was she insane? Oh right... Robert was already using the death threat on her and she was probably thinking she could possibly reason with him... or whatever it was abused women did with jerk husbands.. "Ugh!" She went patrolling, now that they were allowed outside again, she could vent some steam and get some combat time in, hopefully. She saw Lazar go help Rebecca and the others, and was glad- he would definitely be a great help.

Aria swooned a bit at all the crowds pushing at her, too close too close! She stayed glued to Ellisar and Aldin's sides the whole time. She heard King Jorga say that Serena had to go back to her husband and cringed. The guy was huge, whereas Serena was very thin and much shorter than that brute who called her a whore -and- put a death threat upon her head! She flashed silver again and was a humming bird- fluttering spazzily as she waited for the guys to get back to the lab area... "CHIRP." She said in protest. She especially flew around Aldin! She was tiny, yet fast and mighty... fear her!

Laurana remained outside with Caden a while longer. A few of the people had actually approached them in a calm, friendly manner, and even admired her newborn. They were definitely more accepting of them now that Xavier had reminded them he could basically see their minds and souls. There were a few more questions about Chastianna, and even Rook! but Laurana assured them every one was safe and of good hearts. Then, she was soon back in the palace as everyone went to go about their business for the day. Seemed like no one wanted to leave Malthen Ana! She cuddled Lauden. "You are absolutely everyone's favorite, yes you are." She assured him as he cooed back at her, already trying to talk it seemed! "Should we go research in the library, Caden?" She asked, wanting to also interfere and break Robert's hold on Serena. It wasn't right that she had to go back to that man.

Last edited:
Morden shook his head, "No...you don't have to go until tomorrow. You can wait..." If she died? What was she talking about? "You are not going to die..." But then she was rushing off to throw herself off the highest tower, metaphorically of course. Nonetheless, she was being brave and as always self-sacrificing. He looked at Naild, "We have to find the solution..."

Naild tried to stop her as well, but she was not listening to them. She wasn't thinking clearly, and he knew she felt she was protecting both Morden and him. He knew better though. Something inside him was telling him that Morden would never be safe around Robert, ever. "let's go back to the library."

Rook furrowed his brow as Claire spoke, "He had a very cold aura and his core is corrupted." he said without much emotion. It was a cold analytical kind of statement of fact. "He has allowed his mind to be clouded by that corruption as well. He is not in a state to be trusted by anyone least of all Serena." he walked with Claire to her room and then stopped, "Maybe we should go back to your friends and see if there is some kind of protection we can make for her..."

Aldin held his hand up for Aria to land on, "Shhh little one...you are safe...sit here and I will get you out of this crowd." He looked at ellisar, who was also making his way to the back of the crowd as well. They made their way to the palace and back to the lab, "here you are...safe and sound."

Ellisar was at a large shelf containing all manner of things, "We need to find the potion..." he said idly as he scanned bottle after bottle."

"What potion?"

"It will immobilize anyone for twelve hours...." he kept scanning, "She went up the tower...did you see her? Robert must be neutralized until tomorrow...hopefully the others can find a solution to this..."

Lazar was right with the little golden and lifted a brow when she said she knew where to look. "Oh? How is that?" He asked, but watched her flipping the pages like a madwoman, and he was thinking she could easily have missed it. But then she was scribbling something down, so he moved to hover over her shoulder and he smiled, "YOU FOUND IT!!" He said giving her shoulder a soft pat. "That is the exact thing we need...however...NOW...we have to find the genealogy book that shows her dead at Robert's command." He was grabbing books, "Do you remember which one you found Nails in before?" He was excited but also frantic, "We don't have a lot of time to get this all done..." He wasn't even aware that Serena had gone to the tower, he was thinking they had until the morning, or he'd have been even more frantic. He'd had two run ins with Robert, and he knew first hand the man was not to be trusted, for any reason.

Naild entered the library and saw Lazar pulling at books. "What are you doing?"

"OH Thank goodness...do you remember what book you found your genealogy in?"

Naild nodded and looked at the pile of books Lazar had out and discarded the first three and nodded, "This is it...." he said and then flipped a few pages and pointed. there we are right there." He looked at the page and frowned, "But this is not the same..."

Lazar looked at the book and saw that the pages had been altered. "Someone has tampered with this book, and I can guess who." he grabbed the book he'd been looking through all night, "But...here...tampering with historical books is illegal and punishable by public shackling and loss of position." he grinned, "I'd love to see Robert in the square in shackles, to be honest....but how do we prove who tampered with this book?"

Morden entered and heard the last bit, "Wouldn't Xavier be able to find out who did?"

Lazar smiled, "Brilliant..yes he would, but he would need permission from the king...." He started to gather up books, "Just bring the books...I will face Theresa's wrath later...we must get to the king. We have only until the morning."

Morden shook his head, "Serena went to the tower...we have no time."

Lazar's face was full of fear, "Oh good heavens...we must hurry...she is not safe." They practically ran to the king's office and plopped the books down, well Lazar had intended to lay them down carefully but they kind of spilled out into a pile on the desk very unceremoniously. "Oh Sire....forgive me...."

Jorga had watched the gut wrenching scene of Serena leaving her beloved family and sacrificing herself to Robert's demand. he was wracking his brain for a way to save her from this fate. He was so disgusted by the whole thing he was about to write a kingly edict changing their laws, when Lazar and the others barged into his room and dumped a solution, literally on his lap, and his desk. "never mind that Lazar...what is all this?"

Robert heard the knock and a cold icy grin formed on his lips. "It's open." He knew she'd be disoriented upon entering because it was very dark in his rooms. he preferred the dark. That darkness was his cloak and friend. He waited for her to enter and then waited to hear the clang of the trap.

• Love
Claire nodded, she kept the saddles for a later time and retreated to the labs where Ellisar and Aldin were creating some sort of postion. She didn't like Robert's eyes.. there was something void like in them that felt like sinking into a black hole. Of rage and torture. She hurried over to the guys as they were calming down a frantic Aria-bird. The bird saw yet more people again and zoomed right under a table, nearly missing hitting a wall again. "Calm down Aria-birdy!" Claire said, shocked at the panicky little thing. The bird stopped for a moment, remembering they were the same people from before. Oops... Aria changed back, finally, and looked over at the tower.. "Saw flash of light- towards the right." She said, catching her breath. She was a mess, but she still wanted to help too!

Rebecca smiled at Lazar, and was quickly helping to gather the books they required to help Serena's desperate situation. She hurried along with everyone else, and almost ran into a door when they suddenly halted before King Jorga and Theresa! Theresa simply helped Lazar pick everything back up and arranged them where she had seen them first! Rebecca spoke up first. "The one who declares a wife or husband dead- the marriage is dissolved at that moment. They cannot reclaim him...or her. And Robert's tampered with the books, but I remember reading just a page behind it... I was almost too slow." She added, pulling out the book she'd found the simple paragraph in and opening it to show King Jorga.

Serena steeled herself, as she gazed into the dark, icy home of Robert's tower. She couldn't see a foot in front of her! Her heart rate sped up. She felt terrified of him for the first time. How had he gotten so twisted and malicious? Was it before or after she'd been handed over to the brigands? "Robert... Tell me first... what's happened to you? How did you change from the man I loved and married... to someone so cold and angry?" She asked. She stepped inside, fully aware by now she could be sealing her own fate..... 'Morden, Niald... I'm sorry. Whatever happens now, I love you both so much.' She only prayed they'd understand...

Last edited:
Rook furrowed his brow and looked at Aria, "you saw what?" he asked not at all understanding what she meant or saw or what its significance might be. "What are you two about?" he asked the men.

Aldin wanted to calm Aria, but he felt Ellisar needed the help more. "What are you looking for, I will help." He said standing at the other end of the huge bookcase. "I did have Laudanum...that would have knocked a horse out cold, but I used it all on Serena and I have not had time to make more."

Ellisar continued to scan the shelves, "it is a clear liquid, and the bottle says 'O quantum est subitis' on the label." he said as he continued to scan the shelves. "I will make anyone fall instantly asleep and they will not awaken until the reverse potion is given..." he grabbed a bottle, "This is the reverse...
'subito expergisci' but that is little help to us without the other. It is very cruel of me to have the thought that I would have used the first even if I had not found the second."

Jorga was glad to see them all and he read the passage Rebecca showed him and nodded, "Well, be it in this book or no, I recall the day Robert returned and declared her dead to all of us so the tampering is irrelevant to me at least. It may not be so to the tribunal. They take such matter quite seriously. However, I will testify that he did indeed declare both his wife and son dead to me upon his arrival. We must call the tribunal together immediately. Time is short." he looked at Lazar, "Will you testify what you told be not long ago?"

Lazar nodded, "I will Sire, but as myself and not the golden shell I have been."

Jorga nodded, "Good. I do not want you to be anything that you are not. Your contributions here are well and truly documented and known of all. If that cannot speak for you I have no idea what could. You have my blessing to cease use of the illusion.."

Lazar pulled the wand from his pocket and the golden elf was gone forever and replaced by the human with dark hair and green eyes. "thank you Sire. If you will grant me leave, I need to find Tamsin."

Jorga nodded, "Find her and inform her of these developments, and tell her I request her attendance at the tribunal." He smiled at the three, "Good work...you will need to be at the tribunal as well, to offer testimony. Now...if you would not mind waiting here I must summon the five." He left them there and went to a separate room and tapped five bells. Each rang and activated its twin in another location. Five would answer the summons and be sitting in the tribunal hall when they all arrived. he then caught sight of Xavier and moved toward him, "Someone has tampered with a book of genealogy in the library, I give you leave to use your power to find them and then testify before the tribunal as to your findings."

Xavier smiled a tiny bit, "So be it." he said and left the king to release his power again. He knew where it would lead, but he still had to go through the formality of releasing it and following it as he would at any other time. It took only ten minutes to follow the trail and then he reported to the tribunal hall.

Lazar nodded, "I will indeed." he looked at the others, "This will all be set to right my friends...never fear." he left the office then and inquired at the gate of the guards who informed him that she'd gone out into the city. Well damn it all. he left the palace and went in search of her.

Robert watched her. He was used to the darkness and could see in it nearly as well as in the light. He didn't mind the odd shadows or the way sound seemed to come from all directions at once. As she spoke though he recoiled against the sound of it, "What happened to me?" he asked in a low cold tone, "Nothing....I am as I have always been." Pity if she didn't realize what he was when she accepted him, but he had never been a kind or gentle man. She had been the most beautiful woman in the city, and for that reason alone he'd pursued her. Many men wanted her, and that made him want to take her away from them. So he'd played the part and claimed her, and then did exactly as he wished afterward. he'd never been a faithful man, not with her or anyone else that warmed his bed. But those times were a distant memory now. He no longer indulged in such activities. that would allow someone into a secret place that he was no longer willing to share. "So...you no longer love me...I find that comforting. I no longer have to pretend to love you and I can still take what i want whenever I want it."

Jorga made his way back to his office, "Follow me...they will probably be awaiting us. I used the urgent call."

• Love
Aria pointed at the window again within the lab that viewed almost directly across from Robert's tower, but it was at a particularly, dangerous diagonal range, and she wasn't sure if they'd be able to hit Robert without further endangering Serena as well. "Dang... it's gone.. The light must have been from the door opening- I can't see a thing.. Should I turn into a humming bird and fly closer?" She asked.

Claire was puzzled. "But what do the words mean?" She asked Ellisar curiously. She saw Aria wanting to go investigate that tower and shook her head. "I don't think that would be a good idea Aria... She might be hurt worse if Robert even sees a fly near his place right now... I've seen him slap a maid before.. " She said, recalling when she was little and the maid had accidentally spilled a hot drink on his shoes!

Tamsin wasn't hard to find. She was polishing weapons with some of the other soldiers. She would definitely go with Lazar to the Tribunal Meeting of course! She wanted Robert out of the way for good. She would also have to go drag Claire to this as well.

Rebecca made sure to follow King Jorga as he went to take care of the Tribunal Meeting at once. She really hoped all this dreadful business would be settled soon, and there'd be no more problems for Serena!

Serena shivered slightly in the cold and impossibly dark room. She studied Robert's tall, imposing figure...had never been a kind man... she well believed that! Had someone messed with her earlier memories of him? They must have, because now it was becoming clearer she needed to get out of there. The room itself seemed freezing; but nothing compared to Robert's eyes. "What do you mean by that Robert?" She asked, folding her arms around herself and backing towards the front door. She did -NOT- like that look in his eyes. Was he going to kill her? Or did he have something even more hideous and sinister in mind? Her heart rate sped up, and she began feeling faint...~

Last edited:
Rook blinked, "NO....I can go..." He didn't want anymore women being victimized by a lunatic, and that guy definitely had the look of a lunatic to him. So very reminiscent of how his mother often looked. No mercy, no normal conscience or moral compass. "He apparently likes to prey on women...if you can get me that potion I can deliver it...would it work if I dumped it on him?"

Ellisar looked at Rook, "Oh...little dragon I see...well...in theory it would but it would take a bit longer than if he drank it."

Rook nodded, "find it and i will do what I can."

Aldin grabbed a bottle, "here it is!" he said triumphantly as he held it up.

"Excellent!" Ellisar exclaimed and grabbed the bottle. He mumbled under his breath something about weight and dosage and then doubled his figure. He put the right amount into a small container and then looked at Rook, "This is enough to knock two of him out...so...either way he will not be able to stay awake for longer than ten minutes. Hurry!"

Rook closed his eyes and stepped away from Claire. His body made an odd cracking and popping sound and he let out a soft grunt but then a small jade dragon flapped and was then on the table before them. He could not speak to them in this form but he lifted a clawed foot for the container and then wrapping the claws around it he flapped his wings and took off out the window and toward the slit he could see in the tower. One thing his mother had ensured about this form was that it was silent as it flew. He'd always hated that, but right now he was grateful. He approached the window which grew larger but never took on the form of a true window, but remained a slit. Apparently the man liked darkness. He sat on the ledge and he could hear voices. That was a good thing...he hoped. He moved a little more toward the inside and listened closely. His vision was 100% in the dark, so he could see the man sitting at the desk AND the trap that was about to spring on the unsuspecting Serena. His mind was torn, put the man to sleep, or spare Serena the trap.

Ellisar watched Rook fly out the window and looked at Claire, "It means Sudden Sleep, and the antidote is Sudden Awaken...Let us hope Robert does not see him."

Lazar thankfully saw her not far from the barracks near the south of the palace and almost ran to her. Normally, this wouldn't have been a problem, but none of the guards recognized his true form and he'd completely forgotten he wasn't as they knew him. Two guards blocked his path with swords blazing and another two were behind him with clubs about to beat him over the head.

Robert saw her backing toward the door. "You will find the door locked." he said icily, "And I mean what I said. I will take what I want from you...whatever that might be, whenever I feel the need." He tapped a finger to the desk top. "I am losing my patience. Have you come to submit or are you going to die along with your lover?" He smirked a bit, "Oh...did you not realize...I can have him beheaded for adultery...and since you love him so dearly...I think he will be the first thing I take from you."

Claire nodded,... "Be careful Rook!" She called out, watching him hop over to Robert's window.... She was so worried, she almost missed Tamsin's knock.. "Hey Claire- sorry sis, but dad wants us at the Tribunal meeting. We're having one now." She added, through the door. Claire apologized to Ellisar and Aldin, but hurried out of the lab to join Tamsin. She hurriedly followed Tamsin, who caught up to Lazar- and apparently Rebecca! The girl was standing right there in front of the guards, and stating who she was and who Lazar was- calmly- wanting them to let them through. When Claire and Tamsin arrived however, they let them all pass.

Serena was shaking now. Badly. But she did not want Morden to die. He -had- to be around to help Niald become the future king so men like Robert could no longer live in this kingdom and feel like they could hurt whoever they wanted. "N-no.... I submit...." She said, though even Rook on the window ledge would hear the sadness tearing at her heart. She forced herself to be brave, and not to cower. She stepped closer to Robert then. And waited for him to do something... no matter how dreadful it was likely to be! She didn't think Morden had committed any adultery- not when they both believed Robert had died then... but she knew it wouldn't be wise to argue. She forced herself to calm down then. She would be fine... except her stomach hurt terribly from all the stress.~

Aria watched in her human form while Ellisar explained the potions, and then saw Claire leave to go to the Tribunal meeting thingy... "What's a Tribunal Meeting?" She asked, having never seen one. She kept her voice quiet though, so as not to disturb Rook or anyone else.~

Ellisar looked at Aria, "It's a group of five fae that judge difficult things and render their verdicts, either good or bad. I hope that means that they have found a solution."

Aldin nodded, "I hope so...you have no idea what Serena has already suffered through....no one should have such difficulties." He was worried about her, still cared about her and that wasn't likely to change any time soon.

As Serena stepped forward she would hear a deafening clang of metal as it sprang up around in her a cage that jerked up and lifted her off the floor. She was now spinning in a birdlike cage hanging from a thick chain. Robert stood then and moved to where she was dangling from the ceiling, though only three feet off the ground. "Ah there now...the bird is home where it belongs." He moved his hand over the bars of the cage and gave it another spin trying to make her sick in the darkness. "How long will it take for you to lose the baby I wonder?" he asked coldly, "That too will be taken from you. I will not tolerate another man's bastard child."

Rook saw his opportunity and flew from his place behind Robert and landed on his head. When the man reached up his arms to swat him away he slashed open the potion with his claws and poured it into the man's mouth as he yelled for him to get away. he was however swatted to the ground and with a thud on the ground.

Robert roared in anger, "What is this?" he raged and pushed the cage aside so that Serena would fly against the bars on one side helplessly. He could see the tiny dragon and he lifted a foot to squash it. "Die..." but as soon as he spoke the word he crumbled to the ground in a heap.

Rook saw Serena twirling and off balance in the cage and pushed himself up off the floor. he tested out his wings and frowned. Something was broken. With a loud sigh he huffed out some fire and with another series of cracks and pops an amethyst dragon appeared and let out a bigger snort of fire sorely tempted to singe the man but restraining himself somehow. The larger dragon moved over to Serena and gently lifted the cage aright and steadied it so it stopped spinning. he could do nothing else, and hoped she would realize who he was. His head bowed to her as he moved to the window he'd entered in by and frowned. That was a bit of an issue, now wasn't it? The window in the lab was maybe large enough for him to squeeze through, but this would be impossible. He drew in a deep breath and fire burned a hole in the side of the tower. He stepped to the edge and flew back to the lab. He pushed through the window in his larger form and plopped to the ground below since his wings were flat against his sides. Odd popping and cracking noises were heard again and he appeared in his fae form totally naked. He was bleeding and trying to catch his breath but was having trouble, "Bit broken...forgot about ...needing clothes...sorry..Robert sleeps...Serena in cage..." He could only get out a few words between gasps for breath that were obviously very painful.

Aldin frowned, "i'll go get Caden..." he said as he took off up the stairs. Once he was up in the main lobby of the palace it occurred to him he had no idea how to find anyone. He was standing there frantically looking for anyone who might be able to help looking for all the world like a lost puppy.

Inside the Tribunal Hall, five masked and cloaked figures sat at a half circle table that surrounded any who visited the hall. The one in the center stood as they all entered and spoke, "We are here as requested. What is your complaint?"

Jorga stood before them, "We have brought fae from other lands to receive sanctuary among us."

"That does not concern us."

"Among them were Serena and Naild." Jorga rushed to explain.

"Go on."

"She had believed him dead and married another and is with child to her husband, but Robert has claimed his right as husband and demanded she submit to his claim upon penalty of death, as is our law."

"It is so."

"But, when Robert arrived here he proclaimed both Serena and Naild dead at the hands of bandits on the road."

"This is so."

"It says here in our book of laws."

"We know what they say."

"Yes I know, but this says that in proclaiming his wife dead he relinquished his claim as husband and severed the marriage vows."

"This is true. His claim should not be granted or acknowledged."

Xavier stepped forward then, "He also tampered with the history book of his genealogy to remove the date of death of the two. I can show you proof..."

"No need. We know your power." The one stepped back and the others joined him. There was a lot of nodding of the heads and speech in a language that none of them understood. At length the four retook their seats and the one stepped forward. "It is our verdict that Robert, son of Keylen Be shackled to the ground at town square and contained in a Magical null field for a time of ten days at the end of which he will be given the choice of death or exile. He is given the choice only because of his father, were he any other he would die."

Jorga nodded, "Thank you. We will carry out your verdict immediately."

Xavier was already smiling when they left the room. "Oh please...allow me..."

Lazar smirked a bit but then saw Aldin, "He seems troubled..."

Aldin recognizing Claire ran to her, "The dragon man is hurt...where is Caden? We need a healer..."

Xavier lifted a brow, "What? how?"

Aldin looked at the big scary dude and swallowed, "He turned into a dragon and carried a potion to Robert to put him to sleep...he was injured...but apparently successful."

Xavier growled and ran for the stairs to the tower leaving the other issue for everyone else to handle.

Claire, Tamsin and Rebecca all sat silently at the Tribunal Meeting. As they spoke with King Jorga, they were glad that Robert was to be punished, and his sentence seemed far too mild, but they did not dare argue with the Tribunal and all kept their mouths shut... until Claire heard Rook was hurt, trying to save Serena. "No-- do not worry. With your permission King Jorga, I can heal now, and will help Rook.. Permission to go to him?" She asked, waiting for their answer. She knew not to be rash, or head strong right then. But she prayed Rook would be alright, as well as Serena! This day was ugly enough without more problems being added.

Serena had been thrown so violently she was nauseated- and threw up a few times on the floor outside the cage. Then, as she was slammed against it, her body froze, her stomach tensed so much she felt it was on fire from her stomach to her toes. She felt blood rushing from her body.. and she knew what was happening, even as she pitched forward, completely unconscious, her head ringing with terrible pain. There was so much blood everywhere- she couldn't move. Couldn't wake up... Serena felt as though she'd die right there in that cage... apparently Robert was getting what he wanted. She'd no idea a Tribunal Meeting was being held for her, or that right that moment, Xavier would soon burst in. Or she would have tried to hide... She didn't want to be seen like this. The loser who got hurt every other day. The one people seemed to prey on the most. There had to be something wrong with her for Robert to have done -this- much damage. . . . Sorry...Morden.... She thought once, then drifted off into blackness.

Rebecca listened to the Tribunal as well, having never been to one, she was absolutely certain they would find a solution, which they definitely did! She heard Robert was to be shackled and forced to choose between Exile or Death. She knew he'd probably pick Exile... She wondered where one would go after being exiled from Malthen Ana. She hadn't see any other cities around it... She wondered if there were simply miles of forest, or something else...

Aria hurriedly got clothes from Ellisar's room, and had them ready for Rook whenever he was healed! "Big glass- ow..." She said wincing. "Serena? Is she okay?" She asked, trying not to move Rook, fearing more glass would embed itself deeper into his skin.

Jorga nodded, "Yes yes go...." he said to Claire. Xavier hadn't waited for official permission, as usual. "I hope she's ok...I wonder what kind of potion they used on Robert..."

Xavier entered the room and saw Robert on the floor unconscious and Serena in a metal cage that was swaying slightly. he could smell the vomit and the blood and he let out a string of curse words. He moved to the cage and frowned. He could yank it down but that would cause her more harm. He followed the chain up to the ceiling and through a ring and back down to a spot behind Robert's desk. Moving to it he cursed again. "Damn it!"

Naild had followed Xavier, though he wasn't nearly as fast as the large guard. he arrived to hear him curse, "What?" And then he saw his mother, "Oh ...no....what has he done to her?"

Xavier was enver more glad to see anyone in his life, "Kid...come over here..."

Naild carefully moved across the room and looked up at him. he was obvious afraid he had just seen his mother for the last time.

Xavier pointed at the release mechanism. "When I tell you...pull this..." Naild nodded. Xavier went over to the cage and grabbed hold of it, "OK...pull..." He groaned when the full weight of the cage came down on him but he was able to lower it to the ground without a jarring drop. He realized that one it was on the ground the cage fell into five pieces that fell flat to the ground. So that was how he trapped her. The bastard. He scooped her up and looked at Naild. "Stay here and if he wakes up..." He wanted to say kill him, but that was an awful thing to tell a boy to do to his father. He saw a large rock on the ground where Rook had blown the hole in the side of the tower. "Use that rock to knock him back out."

Naild nodded his head again.

"I will get her to help." He said and then took off down the stairs at a dead run. he was a very strong man, and he knew where to find the best healers in the palace. He kicked in the door to Caden and Lauranna's room. "Forgive me...she needs help..." He said laying her on the floor. They were both covered in blood. "I'm not sure what happened...She's been sick..I smelled vomit...but the blood...I have no idea where it's coming from."

Caden rushed to her side and seeing all the blood frowned. He saw where it was coming from and placed his hand on her shoulder and closed his eyes. He tried to save the baby, his power raced toward the child but it was already too late. Life had departed from the tiny one and in fact it she was already passing through and being born dead. tears misted his eyes but he changed his focus and stemmed the flow of blood first and calmed her body's reactions to the sudden loss. her hormones were all over the place, but he steadied them and replenished her blood supply. He then searched her for other wounds and found a slight concussion and a cracked rib, along with a dislocated shoulder. His healing power flared and enveloped her and when he finally left her, she was once again whole and even had a bit of color in her cheeks. "He was reluctant to bring her to consciousness. "Go get Morden....please..."

Xavier nodded and ran from the room and reappeared a few minutes alter with Morden.

"I didn't want to wake her up without you here," Caden said honestly, "I am so sorry...I couldn't save the baby...I tried." tears did flow then and he removed his hand and let Serena wake up.

Morden drew her into his arms, not mindful of the blood everywhere, just glad she was his and alive. But he too cried for the baby.

Jorga had followed and hearing what Caden said he pulled Xavier from the room and got the whole story. They went and got Robert and dragged him back down the stairs and into a magically created cell and left him there. Jorga told Naild to go to his mother. The he and xavier went to find Claire and Rook.

Rook frowned, "Not sure...hope so..." His head leaned against the stone wall and he relished the feel of the cool stone against his face.

Claire explained the potions to her father first, then excused herself and literally -ran- to where Rook was lying in the lab. He'd been wounded badly. "Tweezers, water... rag..." She hurriedly found these items in Ellisar's lab, and with Aria's willing help, managed to carefully slide out every piece of glass from his body, turning him carefully over, getting the back of his head, his back, and legs as well. "Robert hurt him so badly... I don't want to imagine what he did to Serena." She shuddered, and once the glass was entirely removed, placed his head on her lap, immediately flooding him with a pale green-golden wave of healing energy. It was strong like Laurana and Caden's but she wanted to test it out. She made herself stay calm as she examined his broken bones, then fixed those, as well as any bruises or internal damages he had. Next she did her best to keep him calm and quiet while the rest of the energy went through him. Odd... she didn't even feel tired, so she just kept giving him strength and fixing all his hurts.~

Laurana's eyes were huge, as she saw all the blood on everyone- and in the next moment, she magically cleaned all the blood and sickness away, completely. Not even their clothes had a single stain. She especially focused on Serena; knowing how embarrassed the poor girl was going to feel when she woke up, and made her at least seem good as new. She was trembling with fear for her friend...."We should never have let her go to Robert..." She said in a choked voice. She couldn't believe the amount of cruelty one man could cause his "Wife". . .

Serena drifted further away from everything around her. She didn't want to return to consciousness. She felt Caden's healing power repair all the damage and then bless her- Laurana cleaned up the mess better than a hoover vacuum. But she had no reason to keep trying anymore.. Morden.. Niald... everyone would be okay without -her-. She'd brought so much stress... so much worry and pain. And that guy Rook? he'd even turned dragon and attacked Robert for her, to try to spare her more pain. Robert had turned on her so badly...He'd murdered her baby. In the long run, even though Caden had restored her hormones and put everything back in place. .. she truly felt she should have been left to die in that cage... would have been a kinder fate.... She felt hallowed out and now determined to end her life. What was the point? She was beyond reasoning with... She felt like a terrible mother. An even worse wife. "I'm sorry. Morden...everyone...." She whispered, her voice beyond hoarse, but sadly, consciousness was returning. But she was going to try her best not to live in this world much longer... She couldn't see past the pain and anguish...

Aria continued watching as Claire fixed up the dragon-man good as new! He would be able to move around and be fine again in a few moments, she'd no doubt. She then heard footsteps however, and shifted back into a humming bird, flying only to perch on Aldin's shoulder. "Might want to clothe him..." Aria chirped, indicating the pale grey shirt and black pants that would fit Rook. Claire managed to get the clothes on Rook so that whoever was at the door wouldn't see anything weird.

Rebecca remained with the others at the Tribunal Meeting, even though worry coursed through her for Serena, Niald and Morden... she wasn't sure what she should be doing, but she wanted to be there for them in this horrible time...~

Rook only winced as glass was pulled from his body. He offered a weak smile to Claire, "Thank you ... arm...broken..." he gasped in another breath and there was an odd sound as he did. "rib...side..." He could hardly talk as she worked. The snapped rib had punctured his lung and it was slowly collapsing making it almost impossible for him to get a breath into his oxygen starved lungs. His eyes were a hazy grey color and his pupils were huge. His body began to shake and he felt sweat running down his face even though he was freezing.

Caden stood once Morden had her and went to Lauranna. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight to his chest. He could not even begin to imagine how he would feel if Lauden was suddenly gone. His mind spoke only to his wife ~The little girl was so sweet and precious...I almost had her but she slipped right through my fingertips...~ Even his thoughts wounded ragged and pained. His head was buried in his wife's hair to hide his own tears from their eyes. he didn't want to add to their pain.

Morden held her and shook his head, "No...no talking like that. You didn't let me stay in the fog and I'm not going to let you. I need you." He pulled her onto his lap and held her close to his chest. She couldn't give up now, she couldn't. What could he say to make her fight? "Naild needs you! He will need protected from his father. You have to testify against Robert and keep Naild safe forever...you can do this and you must. Robert will only hurt more people if you don't." He was rambling about anything and everything he could think of that might her fight again, be willing to stand and be heard. He'd never been so afraid in his life.

Naild ran in and saw his mother on the floor with Morden. he heard her say she was sorry. He moved slowly forward and knelt next to them, "Mother I know you can hear me..." he said in his oh so grown up sounding voice. "Nothing of this mess was your fault. Not being turned over to evil men, not being abused by the other people of the fae village, none of this. You are and always have been too good for the world and you will be still that light here in this place as well. One day...I will be king and I will need to have you there to remind me what is kind and right. Morden is right, you must stand against Robert, just as you stood against the people of the Glen."

Aldin heard the footsteps and couldn't believe how fast Aria was that little hummingbird again. He smiled when she landed on his shoulder though and felt like that was a huge stamp of approval and acceptance. He helped remove glass with Claire working on the side opposite her with precision and speed. "I can't heal but I have a lot of practice with this kind of thing." this was an understatement. People would likely be shocked to know how many drunken brawls break out among educated men such as himself over inane things like the height of a ziggurat or how far a camel can travel without water. He grabbed the clothes and started to pull the pants up over his feet. Pants were the important bit. If they didn't get the shirt on, oh well. "Ellisar, help me get these up."

Elissar nodded and helped stand Rook up and pull up the pants just as Jorga and Xavier entered the lab. They weren't fastened but they were up and covering all the important bits at least...well mostly anyway.

Rook grabbed the pants and tried to hold them together, but he was still feeling a bit out of it.

Jorga looked at the group, "So I need to say first of all that this was a crazy scheme to undertake without approval or sanction. Prince Rook could have been killed and that would have fallen upon my head."

Rook shook his head, "I volunteer..."

Jorga held up a hand, "I was not finished. It was brave and crazy, but likely saved the woman's life. Young Naild was watching over Robert but Lazar is there now so that he could find his mother. While I cannot condone such recklessness, I appreciate your heart and willingness to help the newcomers to our land. It is honestly the ray of hope I needed." he looked at Rook then, "Are you well Son?" he asked.

Rook nodded, "Claire did a fine job, highness I am much better." If he hadn't had to get big he'd have had far less trouble. "Changing forms heals me for a moment but any wounds I sustain return once I am human again."

Xavier lifted a brow, "So it was you that made the hole in the tower wall?"

Rook blushed a bit, "yes Sir...I couldn't fit through the door or the tiny slit of a window."

Xavier nodded, "I was wondering what happened."

Laurana muffled a sob in Caden's shoulder. She'd heard horror stories of what women went through during miscarriages. She couldn't imagine the strength it would take Serena to overcome this. But as Morden spoke of testifying against Robert, and Niald's brave words that he needed her to be there, she seemed to delve into her inner well of incredible resilience... if nothing else- spiting Robert and denying him the joy of her death would be rewarding. But then her family was around her and she simply gathered them both into her arms, trying to fight back tears. She felt cold, as if the loss of her baby dissolved any warmth she might have had. She eventually managed to sit up, still vaguely in pain but nothing like before. "I know... I love you all so much. I couldn't abandon you- not ever. I just... it scares me. What is it about -me- specifically that sets off these events... I wish I knew how to stop these things from happening." She drew a deep breath. "The scariest part, I was just an inch from the desk when he lifted me into that cage. He'd said he would murder you Morden. And then he said he'd never suffer a bastard child from me and that he could take whatever he wanted from me because I didn't love him..." She hoped she'd brought more evidence against Robert by confessing this. She wanted to put everything behind her, but it would certainly take time. Laurana knealt next to her and took Serena's hands. "That man is a monster, Serena. Plenty of guys were like that on Earth. But here, it is unacceptable. You do NOT encourage any of their evil behavior. If anything, they fear your sweet, kind nature. Don't doubt yourself. If you ever do need counseling, Serena, please come to me any time. I'd never turn you away." She added, softly.

Serena nodded, drying the tears from her eyes. She'd miscarried and brutally. She'd wanted that baby, badly. She missed being a mom to a wee one, but she was lucky too. She had Niald, a wonderful, kind hearted lad who would no doubt be a great king with a fair sense of ruling and probably no enemies! She managed a smile, though she was still pale and somewhat shaking, she knew she'd pull through this. She had too amazing of a support system not to. "Thank you, Queen Laurana... Is Lauden alright?" She asked. Laurana nodded. "He is well, just fed him." She added. "Lets see this beautiful lad then." Serena said, and Laurana brought him out. .. Sleeping, he looked positively angelic. His eyelids, his face, hands, fingers, his whole body was just so small. "He's perfect..." Serena agreed. She turned to Morden then. "I will testify against Robert. But for now...should we go back and rest?" She asked, but she did thank Caden, profusely for his incredible efforts.~

"Oh- awkward.. " Claire said as she helped Rook dress himself. She healed his arm and his other hurts as they both stood to their feet. Her core was even able to heal his, re-energizing him the same way he did for her so many occasions! This part -did- drain Claire a bit so she was careful, not wanting to sway or anything. Aria stayed on Aldin's shoulder, preening innocently as Jorga spoke with them. She wasn't going to shift human yet! But she did stay fairly quiet as they talked. Claire smiled slightly at Rook. "You're always brave....I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly. Are there any other injuries?" She asked.

Caden finally managed to get himself under control enough to release his wife and hide how deeply losing that child during the healing had affected him. He'd never had such a thing happen before during a healing and it had left him shaken. He let Lauranna speak, not trusting his own voice yet. He stood by her though and presented a solidified front to hopefully be an encouragement to both their friends.

Morden was so glad for both Naild and Lauranna's words to Serena. She woke up finally and he could feel her growing stronger in his embrace as she spoke. he was so proud of her. "You need to rest. I know Caden is an excellent healer, but you need to rest and I need to hold you." he never wanted to come that close to losing her again...ever... They left the group, thanking everyone and walked to their rooms not far away. He shut the door behind them and pulled her close. "I am so sorry about our little girl...I bet she would have been beautiful like you with golden curls and beguiling blue eyes." His heart was breaking but he held her tight, "I love you so much Serena...truly....if you had died I would have died too."

Rook told them how he went into the room in his tiniest form and delivered the potion into Robert's mouth but then had been hit to the floor and landed against something that had broken his wing and a rib leaving that form unable to fly. So he became the next size bigger and steadied Serena in her cage and then blew the hole in the wall and flew back to this room, but didn't fit through this window as well as he'd hoped. He smiled at Claire, "No, I am fine." He could tell she was growing weaker and he didn't want her to exert any more energy on him. "And you are too kind. Anyone would have done the same if they could have turned into a tiny dragon...even Aria."

Xavier tipped his head a bit and looked at Ellisar, "So...you are telling me...Robert will sleep until we give him this other potion?"

Ellisar nodded, "Yes. He may TRY to wake up but he will not be able to. I know Robert has mental powers similar to yours, but they are not strong enough to overcome the potion."

Xavier nodded, "Our powers are actually quite different, and his do not help his own mind be stronger, they merely make other people's minds weaker and more susceptible to his suggestions." He wanted to make that clarification right there and then. he was NOTHING like Robert. "I will keep him in the cell then and deliver him to the Tribunal..." He cleared his throat, "Forgive me sire..."

Jorga laughed, "Yes Xavier....there will be another tribunal. There are other things to add to the complaints against Robert now. I need to go and check on Serena and see if she is well." He looked at Rook, "Thank you for your help tonight...you can relax...I am not going to berate you for your lack of attire." There was a pleasant smile on his face as he turned and motioned for Xavier to follow him. "Shall we prepare the Tribunal then? We need to find Lazar..."

Lazar was still standing outside the tribunal with Tamsin. He was not hiding who he was anymore and he felt vulnerable and naked before her. "Your father said I should not hide...I am glad of it but I am fearful at the same time of your thoughts." Would she still be willing to be seen in his company? Would she still accept him in the same way she had before. "I am sorry I never confided in you before..."

Aldin waited for them to leave and then held up his hand for Aria, "I think it is safe to be you again." he smiled.

Ellisar noded, "It was just the king and Xavier for pity sake...you know both of them...at least you have seen them both."

• Love
Laurana held Lauden in her arms a while longer. What a precious blessing he was, and she hoped that Serena would not give up on having kids. She was sill a young woman, with a long, hopefully far more peaceful life to live. She leaned her head on Caden's shoulder, still cuddling their baby, hoping their son would bring dad out of his sadness as well...

Serena smiled gently then. It was true, exhaustion was fighting to claim her again, but she was glad Caden had taken care of all the other injuries and deep wounds left by Robert. She turned and thanked them both again, and followed Morden and Niald out of the room. "I missed you too. Both of you.. Niald- how's Rebecca holding up?" She asked, knowing the two of them had been most helpful in finding the loophole to Robert's hold on her. She was unbelievably lucky to have such a good family...

Claire was glad Rook was unharmed now, and that her father and Xavier both approved of him. She smiled. "I'll attend this Tribunal Meeting as well. I'm going to go see if my father needs help with anything Rook, and then I'll be back..." She told him, feeling a tad guilty that she hadn't been around her father all that much lately. She'd felt so out of place since her return to Malthen Ana, she was really unsure if she should go to her father, but then she knew he hadn't seen much of him since that day in the throne room. "Don't worry, Rook. You are liked here." She told him. "And...." She blushed flaming red, but damn it. She needed to say it. "I love you, Rook. Be careful, okay?" She added, kissing him lightly on the cheek, then turning to follow her father and Xavier.

Tamsin was taking a moment to think. She hadn't had much time for that between the Tribunal Meeting and everything that had happened to poor Serena. That woman could -not- catch a break! She was tempted to even find Serena later and offer her some good self-defense lessons, just in case anyone else gave her any problems in the future. Then she saw Lazar and smiled. "It's alright Lazar. I did a lot of thinking and training earlier... it helped me clear my head. I'm not upset for your lies and deception, I understand it was a survival tactic." She paused. "But I -am- worried a little... about what damages Jasmine may suffer through in the future. If somehow, you could make up to her for her loss- only if she accepts help... that would be a good thing to do. But you've been very helpful in Serena's situation as well, so thank you for that." She smiled, letting him know she still cared deeply for him, and loved him.

Aria chirped sadly at Ellisar, sensing he was annoyed with her. She chirped at Aldin too, then fluttered out a window. She did this sometimes, just flying around Malthen Ana, but usually came back late at night. She really didn't want to upset either male further, and simply flew out for the day, trying to catch a good breeze.~

Theresa meanwhile, was left to the disturbing business of cleaning up Robert's dark, dreary home. She did this with telekenisis, bleach, and a lot of thorough scrubbing, because nope she wasn't strong- stomached enough to handle this up close and personal! But she did feel horrible for Serena, and hoped Robert would get his deserved ending! By the time she'd finished, the house was spotless, save for the dragon shaped hole in the window.~

Last edited:
Caden looked down at their son and reached a hand up to touch his little face. "We are so lucky...I am sure Helena would have loved to steal him from us..." How could anyone destroy such a precious thing? He was not a man who often thought of such things, but the healer in him was so attached to preserving life and restoring the mind and body. he leaned closer to Lauranna, "I hope life here will be able to settle into a peaceful thing...I want our son to know that in his life...not all the trouble I've grown up with and around."

Naild blinked, "Oh...she is probably still at the tribunal...I ...no..I should be here."

Morden could see the conflict in Naild's eyes. "She needs you too...she is probably worried about your mother too." He hugged Naild. "You should go to her and relieve her mind a bit."

Naild looked at his mother, "Are you sure?"

Rook smiled at her words, "I hope so. everyone has been most kind to me and I find everyone to be a friend so far." He looked around the room of people he was currently with, "All of you included. I hope you are not still afraid of me Aria." And then she was talking of leaving to help her father and he was still trying to hold his pants together. It was an awkward kind of moment and then she said she loved him and his eyes widened and his jaw dropped and he almost lost his grip on his pants when she kissed his cheek and was gone. His brain flicked a switch and he felt a weird zing somewhere inside himself. When he finally came out of it she was gone and he was leaning against the wall like a love struck youth.

Aldin chuckled, "Wow...that bad huh?"

Rook looked over at him shaking his head, "Oh no my friend...that good."

Ellilsar grabbed Rook's shoulders and kissed both cheeks, "THANK THE KEYLEN!" he said and gave his shoulders a firm shake, "That woman needs a good strong man in her life...and I can see you are that man. Get your pants on and pull that shirt over your head and run after her man..." he urged handing him the shirt.

Rook blinked at being kissed by a man and worked on the fastening of his pants and then grabbed the shirt as it was thrust at him. He had no shoes but he took off up the stairs after Claire and caught her in the large foyer. He ran around the front of her and pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her properly even dipping her back a bit as he kissed her. Raising her back to her feet his lifted his his hands into her hair, "I love you too Claire. Forgive me for not replying in the lab but you rather singed my brain."

Lazar took that pause as confirmation of his worst fears. Her following words didn't diminish those feelings either. what could he do? How can you make atonement for parents? For years lost being cared for and nurtured? He could think of nothing worthy of such loss. Anything that came to his mind seemed trifling and almost insulting to Jasmine's memories of her family. Still she was waiting for him to say something he could tell, and he had nothing. "What would be a worthy offering aside for my life, which I already offered. I cannot bring them back or give her those years with them that she lost. I have tried to think of something..anything.." His shoulders slumped and he stepped back. "I am glad I could help Serena. Robert..."

He was about to continue when Xavier and Jorga approached them and ushered him away without a word to Tamsin. he looked over his shoulder at her helplessly and went with them. The three made their way to Caden and Lauranna's room, where Xavier had left Serena. Jorga tapped on the door and looked at Caden, "We have come to inquire after Serena...is she well?"

Caden sighed, "I have healed her, yes. The baby was lost before I could get to her, though I did try to save her. She...has a bit of healing emotionally yet but she is strong."

Jorga frowned, "I am sorry...so very sorry. I will call another tribunal for tomorrow morning. Will you testify what you healed?"

Caden nodded, "Of course, anything that will be of help."

"Thank you...we will leave you to enjoy your family." The three went back to Jorga's office and Jorga looked at Lazar, "Now...it is time for you to tell what you saw and what you heard and what you believe. I finally believe you. I am sorry I ever doubted."

• Love