Serena nodded, and rose to her feet. She wouldn't have minded, not having something important to do all the time; she was coming to terms with herself and her sordid past, just as everyone needed to, in her own time and way. She knew she was luckier than most, and loved her family. "Rook should know.. it will of course, be up to him to decide what to do." She added, then turned and went out of the room to find Rook after kissing Morden's cheek. She was assuring him she was still fine, but yes it did always help to be useful. Once she got to Robert's tower though, she had a hesitancy of opening the door, deja vu flashed in and out of her mind, but she fought the memories back, knowing he was gone. And some poor soul had even cleaned up the evidence of her miscarriage like it never happened. "Prince Rook? Are you awake? I'm so sorry- Claire.. she went outside to think. . .. and then some poachers captured her and have poisoned her badly. I'm sorry, Rook.. I understand if you can't risk helping her.. but I thought you should know." Serena said, making her way over cautiously to Rook, not wanting to startle him.

Marianna watched the entire scene, and though his power was a truly terrifying gift, it was also monumentally controlled by him. She could almost -sense- the headache that would probably happen later from him! She turned sympathetically to Mumford, "It's alright. You are probably the most decent of this lot- I am sorry you've had to even be part of Chur and his criminals for this long. Do not worry- I am certain your daughter will be in safe hands, and that the king will know you're not wholly to blame. But.. Mumford? We really need to find princess Claire... If she is still in the captivity of these vile men, she might not have much time before something even worse happens... And I do apologize for the loss of your wife... I too had someone I was.. fond of... but he was hunted down and murdered by a group of drunks. I feel your loss, Mumford. Take us to Claire, and I assure you we'll work something out." She added. She smiled at Xavier, a bit sadly. "No, not hungry or anything.. We cannot let any more time pass." She told him, worriedly.~

Claire rested in the cave. Her eyes had been completely blinded. Her hearing was fading out, and she still couldn't use her vocal cord as she cried out through the gag, silently, tears streaked her pale-face, and fever continued burning through her body. She wheezed slightly, trying to make herself black out agian... -Dad... Xavie-... Rook... sorry... so sorry... if you find me dead I love you all....- Claire thought. She had no idea her telepathic ability had definitely kicked in. Also she hadn't called Xavier that nickname since she was nearly 4 and still learning how to say her R's properly! Why did everything seem to fall down around her so badly? If she ever got out of this alive,... she would just start blasting people that looked at her wrong. No questions asked. She was so fed up with all this hate-on Claire crap! Xavier was right.. she'd not done anything to the people of Malthen Ana except try her best to keep the droughts away and the crops flourishing... Desperate to end the pain, Claire closed her eyes and held her breath. The poison in her system was so bad now, that pain, like being electrocuted on the inside, or stabbed with thousands of knives, every few minutes. She didn't even care about the outcome now. She knew help was soon on the way- and yet. . .would it be so bad if she died? Surely someone else could fin a way to keep the crops healthy. People would still have food. . .and. . .She fought back another silent scream as an even bigger wave of cold pain crashed through her insides.. And Rook wouldn't have to be scared of hurting her anymore. After this, she doubted highly anything else could reach her this badly. Unable to breathe still, Claire collapsed again, her head hitting against the bars to cause quite a rattle! Eventually, the man named Garrun walked up to the cell and scowled. "Quiet princess! Your father will meet our demands soon, we're certain, and then you can live or die for all we care. Hay Mitch! Is the girl spossed to be this near dead already? I think she's blind... She's got that filmsy grey color." He yelled from the cave...

Tamsin did as Lazar asked, taking all the books down for research. A sinking feeling hit her gut though- and it usually meant Claire was in deep trouble. They'd always had a connection, even during their non-too close stages and fighting moments..."And got all these down... we need anything else?" She asked, flipping through a few pages of one book on soul-poison spells... Yikes. Really dark material here, but she hoped something would come up soon!

In the library, Rebecca studied grimly, on the Cores and their magic.. It turned out it was highly EASY and fairly common for enemies to tamper with and spell others' core magic. She worried a bit as she took careful notes; her writing had always been neat and easy to read, but now she made sure she was scanning only the useful parts of each book and comparing notes.. "Find anything, Niald?" She asked gently. She wasn't pushing or rushing, but there was a sort of sense of urgency in the atmosphere that hadn't been there before.~

Rook's large dragon head lifted at the sound of Serena's voice. Why in the world would she of all people come back tot his room? There was a worried look on the dragon's face, if such a thing were possible and he watched her as she entered slowly. The broken mirror lie in tiny pieces on the floor at the far side of the room and he was by the large hole he'd made after saving her from Robert. He tried to stay calm at the mention of Claire's name but as soon as the words I'm so sorry left her lips his head lifted higher and though he was only the size of a large horse at present, he was still quite imposing when he reared up on his hind legs. He couldn't talk to her in this form but he knew Xavier could always hear him and so could Naild. *Who took her? Where is she? I will burn the flesh from their miserable hides* Smoke huffed from his nostril's as his mind roared out in anger.

Naild was in the library with Rebecca looking at some of the books she'd managed to find, "So far only a spell about making someone act like a chicken...though why the devil anyone would want to do such a thing I have no idea." He was chuckling softly and then he heard Rook. "Took who? Who took who?" he asked aloud though poor Rebecca would have no idea what he was talking about.

Xavier heard the roaring and winced a bit, "Someone had told Prince Rook about Claire...if you will accompany me outside I believe you would be delighted to meet him." His mind reached out for Rook's *Fly down to the large paddock by the stable. I will explain everything...and there is someone you should meet as well.* He then led Marianna outside, "We need to have a plan and I think Prince Rook can help us..."

Rook's head lifted oddly at hearing Xavier's voice. He bowed deeply to Serena and nuzzled her face gently with the side of his face before taking off out the window. He glided from the high tower seeing Xavier standing by the stables easily enough. His vision was magnificent in dragon form. Normally he'd have enjoyed the slow glide down and let the air fill his wings a bit but today there was no time for enjoying such things. He dove toward the ground at breakneck speed and at the last moment pulled up and landed with a loud, ground shaking thud not two feet from them. His head was immediately at Xavier's eye level looking intently at him.

Xavier nodded, "Marianna....this...is prince Rook." He said introducing her before getting into the specifics of what happened to Claire. "She lives in the forest and was able to trap some of the poachers. One of them is going to help us back to the cave and help us distract the leaders there so that we can get Claire out. I thought you might want to work with some of Marianna's friends to create another distraction." He looked at Marianna then, "If you would not mind calling Cain ... I think we can all formulate a plan together."

Mitch moved to the cage and sighed, "She's fighting it so it's working faster. No matter. We have just about got all of our pelts and other wares into the carts. We can just leave her here for them to worry about. it will keep them from chasing us. Pity they won't have the antidote eh?"

Garrun huffed, "Never no use for her anyways...whole kingdom will be better off...Right behind ye Mitch."

Mitch had thought to negotiate a safe passage out of Malthen Ana with the King but now that plan was backfiring and he was having to work faster than intended. NO matter though, he always had back-up plans. Always.

Serena patted Rook's head gently with one hand, then let him fly off to see Xavier and help him save Claire. She only hoped they got to her in time! Mission accomplished, Serena went back to the others in the meeting room. "Sorry- I told him.. He's.. on his way out there now, with Xavier and a new lady, Marianna." Serena told Morden and the others.

Marianna curtsied to Prince Rook as she'd not been around nobles or royalty in quite a while! "Wish we were meeting in better circumstances, Prince Rook. But as a dragon caller I am able to assist somewhat." She said, then nodded to Xavier. Again a migraine broke through her own brain, but it would be worth it and she was used to ignoring pain. She called Cain again to her. <Cain? We need you once more friend. I am sorry to bother you this hour, but we have a princess in dire need of rescuing. She's trapped in the caves in the woods and in a bad way... We need your help to free her.> Marianna said calmly. She then felt a response. <Blasted poachers! I will -gladly- take Xavier's offer and just eat all of them at this point.> He vowed, swooping out of his cave again so fast the other dragons' heads spun, watching him. "There. He'll be here in ten minutes. And hungry." She added smiling a bit.~

Rebecca blinked at Niald, but had to assume he was talking to Rook or another of the palace creatures. "Someone taken? Should we go see if we can help?" She asked him, concerned for whoever was being held captive or worse!

Garrun's cruel words had a profound affect on Claire.. she heard Mitch say she'd been fighting the poison, so it worked faster... would have been nice to KNOW THAT EARLIER punkass. She thought bitterly. But sound was fuzzy at best. She twisted her wrists, feebly, trying to loosen them. She saw Garrun and Mitch walk off together, at a brisk pace, with all their pelts of poor creatures that had probably each been poisoned to die as well. She took a shuddering breath, and tried to not fight the poison, hoping it would slow it down just a bit more. She sighed deeply. Garrun's words might be cruel... but were they true? Were all those horrible notes, drawings, letters that she kept in her big black box in her closet .. . full of prophetic meaning rather than just insult after insult, death threats and promises she'd suffer? For her entire life, Claire couldn't fit in. Not anywhere, in any group. She hated parties that sometimes her father would host when they were younger. She'd never be asked to dance. Men were afraid to dance with her or even hold her hand. She huffed a bit through the choking-tight gag.... She really did feel so bad for her father. Even the king couldn't marry her off, no guy would accept any of the proposals.. and now she had found someone to love... she could not be with him.... because of his horrible mother. She squeezed her eyes tight, wishing her vision, voice and hearing could come back. She wondered if this was permanent. Even if she was rescued, would all these horrible symptoms stay with her forever? Dooming her to probably sit as an invalid in her room day after day? Unable to even care for herself? No sense holding on for that was there? She sighed sadly... then curled up in a ball and waited for whatever would happen......

Morden nodded and wrapped an arm around her, "that's good...I think he needed something to do. He seems to be folding in upon himself a bit." Sometimes the best way through a problem was to attack it head on. He hoped the young man was able to save his damsel in distress. "So, we need to have Lazar with us to examine the other three. I know he is probably busy researching, but maybe it would be wise to interrupt that, so that he will know everything he is dealing with?"

Melise nodded, "That seems wise. we can send a messenger to his home..."

Naild looked at Rebecca, "He stopped talking. I am not sure...but if Rook was that upset it can only be Claire in danger. I think though...that our time is better spent here. let's keep looking..."

Rook bowed his head but spoke to Xavier, not sure if his voice would carry to her. *Did she say she is a dragon caller? does that mean there will be another dragon?*

Xavier nodded and smirked a bit when the amethyst dragon was immediately replaced by the MUCH larger black dragon. *Worried about appearances?*

Rook snorted out some smoke ~not at all...this form is much more powerful and fast.~ Which, while true was not the real reason for he change. He did not want to appear weak in front of another dragon.~Who has her now? What have they done?~

Xavier held up a hand, "Please be patient. Once Cain has arrived we will tell BOTH of you what is going on so that we can all be of one mind about this." he raised a hand to one of his men, "Bring the prisoner Mumford to us here please." A salute and off the man went. A few moments later but before Cain arrived Mumford was standing wide eyed looking at the immense black dragon. Xavier managed to hide the smile the man's expression brought. "This is Prince Rook, Mr. Mumford...former poacher."

Mumford swallowed and bowed deeply, "Pleased to meet you Prince Rook. Terrified but...pleased."

Rook was amused in spite of the worry that was clouding his mind over Claire's welfare. He nodded his large head and smoke puffed out of his nostrils. He heard the wing flaps before he saw the silver. He looked up and let out a screech of welcome as he moved a bit to make room for the other dragon.

Mitch and the other men were tying things to a sturdy wagon as fast as they could. They had pelts, five women drugged and bound, gold they had mined in the caves, salted fish, salted pork, jerky from various animals, and any loot they had stolen from those foolish enough to pass through the forest. The women were the last to be loaded and were taking the longest, since Mitch insisted that the good not be bruised or damaged to get highest dollar at auction. Poor Claire was a distant and forgotten memory as they readied to leave her dying in the cave.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
<Incoming, milady.> Cain's mind spoke to hers, and as always, he tried to speak in a softer voice for Marianna, since migraines were a common side effect of the dragon calling. Not to mention fatigue, but he knew she was strong and would be fine. Marianna stepped politely back so that Cain had a smooth landing! He stood to his full impressive height when he saw another black dragon there- then remembered this was Prince Rook and lowered his height first. "Hullo Cain.. Please tell Prince Rook what you know." Marianna said, resting a hand on his side. He rumbled to Rook, <Those bastard idiot poachers- pardon my language- have taken Princess Claire to a cave in the woods. Mumford knows the way, and we will all be going there to get her out and I plan on at least eating those two rotten cowards as they likely have already begun fleeing. Mumford will check the cave and see if it is safe, then we'll get the princess out of the cage....I only hope she's still breathing.. I'm sorry Rook, but I know the poisons these jerks use are lethal if the antidote isn't found in time.> He added, fully expecting the man's rage at this.

Marianna smiled slightly at Rook. "There are over 300 dragons in the caves of Malthen Ana. I am sure Cain will love to show you them, when this business is taken care of. Xavier- do you have any suggestions what we should do now? March right in there? Or gather an army first?" She asked.

Serena smiled gently at Morden. "Yes, it surely did rouse Rook right out of his lethargy and he's outside now, talking to Xavier and others about getting Claire back. That dragon friend of the new lady's is impressive.." She added, staring out the window a moment. She'd never seen a huge silver dragon like that before. Hm Xavier seemed awfully friendly with her too...Good.~

Nathan stood then. "I'll go round up Rebecca, Chasianna and Gavin. Niald will likely follow Rebecca, he does not let her out of his sight." He said smiling, and walking out to go get them. He returned shortly with everyone in tow and decently dressed. "We've wanted to talk to you about some things.. concerning your magic cores..." He told them, then gave the floor to Morden and Melise...He had also sent a messenger to get Tamsin and Lazar over here as well.

Claire felt her lot was cast as those horrible poachers left. She couldn't hear now, as her hearing faded out completely. A constant pain was in her throat, and she kept choking on the gag, unable to even spit it out or ease out of it. The ropes burned her wrists the more she struggled, and soon she noticed other things: Her heart was slowing down. It had been pounding almost right out of her chest for a long moment, but now it was too slow, and skipped several times.. <goodbye... Rook... Love you...> she thought, hoping her faint mind speech was enough to be heard one last time. In another moment, though she struggled ruthlessly to stay conscious, she was fading fast, and soon unable to keep her eyes open. Not that she could see a damn thing anymore. She almost couldn't swallow, her throat was so dry and raw feeling. She fell unconscious alarmingly fast, and found herself free of pain while she was asleep. It wouldn't be long now...~

Rook was impressed by the Silver, * I would be honored to meet your family Cain.* he said with a bow of his own head. He listened and a low growl rumbled in his throat and smoke came from his nostrils. *She will be breathing ...* he said resolutely.

Xavier Looked at Marianna, "I think the less people that go with us the easier time we will have, but I am wondering if she should take a healer along."

Rook nudged Xavier, "BRING CADEN*

Xavier winced, "No need to shout...." he looked at Rook, "Have you ever carried a rider?"

Rook shook his head, *No but I can...this form is very strong*

Xavier nodded, "Good lad...let me find Caden and we will be off." He left the small group and ran to the palace right past the other group and up to Caden's room where he found the man sleeping with his young son. He didn't knock but barged in and tapped Caden's shoulder, "Forgive me. We need you to come with us...Princess Claire has been taken and she is going to need a healer. she's been poisoned."

Caden blinked and the frowned and then looked down at his sleeping son. "Lauranna went to visit..." But as he was speaking she returned to their room and he smiled, "And as always has perfect timing..." He rose and handed Lauden to her. "I will be back shortly." he said kissing her deeply, "I love you." His mind communicated all to her as he left with Xavier. They were striding through the palace and Morden stopped them, "Is Claire well?" Caden looked over his shoulder and shook his head, "I am going...she has been poisoned...be ready in case she needs one of your potions. I will see she remains alive."

Morden nodded, "Do you know what poison?"

Xavier nodded, "Mercury Methyl Iodide." his mind was all images and pictures and he rarely if ever forgot anything he'd seen or heard. It was the blesing and curse of his power.

Morden cursed, "Go...you have little time." As he watched them run out of the palace he turned to Serena, "Where are the herbs we gathered on the way here?"

Chastianna opened the door surprised to see Nathan and then he asked them to both to come with him and she frowned, "Is something wrong?" their cores? she looked at Gavin fearfully but followed.

Naild saw Nathan and the others enter the library and waved them over. "We've found some books on spells and cores.." He started to say and then seeing the seriousness in Nathan's face he frowned, "What is wrong? Has something happened to Claire?"

There was a knock at the door and Lazar answered it. The messenger spoke succinctly that they were requested at the palace immediately. Lazar was frowning but looked over at Tamsin, "We are to come to the palace ...something else must have happened." He hoped it wasn't Claire. he didn't know how Tamsin would handle that kind of a loss. They made their way quickly and found a group gathered in the foyer of the palace. Morden saw them and waved them over. "There was something you needed?"

Morden nodded, "I'm sorry to interrupt your research...but...once we realized what had been done to Rook we became concerned for these three as well." He said as a beginning. "Rebecca was raised at the hands of Sheena who was totally controlled and in service of Helena and Hannah. Chastianna and Gavin were both left in the dark swamp but neither of them have much memory of a time before that so that makes me worry that their minds have been tampered with in some way. We just want to be sure there are not other means for the sisters to gain access to our world. Would you please scan them as you did Rook?"

Lazar listened and frowned. He subconsciously reached for Tamsin's hand as an anchor. "I can do so...but I will only see spells..their cores are a mystery to me."

Morden nodded, "I will scan the cores...I just wanted the extra analysis. When dealing with the sisters...it always best to be safer."

"Agreed..." He looked at the three. "perhaps we should move to the dining room where you can sit down....it may take a bit."

They followed his advice and everyone moved to the dining area. The three sat in chairs, Naild was having a hard time with this whole process. "Can I hold her hand?"

Lazar shook his head, "No...I am sorry." He looked at Morden, "Shall we begin?"

Laurana understood at once and kissed Caden. "Be safe. Bring her home, if you need further healing assistance I will help." She assured them as they strode off to rescue Claire. <I can carry two riders with no problem.> Cain explained, gallantly producing saddles for both Xavier and Marianna. They were each enough to carry four people comfortably. "If It takes too long, Xavier, don't hesitate in leaving me here. I will wait right in this spot for your return. Unless there's somewhere you want me to be." She added, wanting to free up as much time for Xavier and the rest of the rescue party.~ Cain smiled at Marianna. <My other family will come to you if you're in any danger..> He assured her. "I know- thank you Cain. You be careful too, take care of them." She answered, smiling.

Gavin looked uneasy as Morden mentioned Sheena vile woman again... He smiled a bit at Rebecca though as they all sat at the dining table for this scanning thing. They all cooperated to make it less of a hassle for Lazar. Tamsin was deeply worried for Claire and did her best to just stay out of the way while they scanned for tampered and damaged cores...

Rebecca felt -worried-.. Of course... "I can't tell you how many times Sheena poisoned me, in childhood and in later years.. but it would explain why my powers have been really shifty and random I think.." She added. She knew Niald remembered more than anyone how often Rebecca was "Sick" or "Unable to leave the room" while they were in the caves and in the Glen. She only hoped the damages weren't permanent and that they all would get out of this without too many problems. She wanted to hold Niald's hand too, but refrained, trying to stay still as possible.

Serena immediately left, hurrying to her and Morden's room. "Of course- in the same pockets." She muttered, gathering all the herbs and leaves up carefully. She then went to Ellisar's lab herself, hoping he was there with Ellisar and Aria. "Hey, guys- sorry... Aldin to bother you; Princess Claire was caught and poisoned by poachers this morning- no don't worry there's already a rescue team after her. But we might need to make some Laudunum potion to help her sleep through the healing process? And if it's alright- could you make it? I gathered the herbs and everything for it while we were walking to Malthen Ana." She explained, knowing they could be too late!

Of course Tamsin could not take another loss! Their father couldn't either! For their whole lives King Jorga worried about Claire being such an outcast, and it upset him to know she couldn't make friends, though Tamsin had tried her sisterly best to make people be nicer, even on the threat of beating the bullies up to a pulp. She'd always been the more aggressive of the two.. But it didn't matter... No one was nice to Claire except those in the palace. Claire had withdrawn so much over the past year or so, and of course Tamsin knew the notes and everything that was sent to her sister's bed. If Claire died.... she would collapse from grief and hate everyone in Malthen Ana forever. Gods knew what she'd do if her sister didn't make it.

Claire simply slept, and drifted through a void of pitch blackness that wanted to swallow her up.. She burned so hot with fever, her clothes were almost scorching. She had no way to move, and she had no sense of passing time or how long she lay there ... waiting for death. Because that was possibly her only option just then. She truly would miss her family and Rook. But maybe Mitch and Garrun were right... people would probably be better off without her.~

Xavier looked at Marianna and was perplexed by his mixed emotions. Yes, he wanted her to stay where she was safe, and no he didn't want to leave her here where he wasn't going to be. "You may choose...but you will be safe here in the palace, and the riders should be returning with Ginnia soon. If you would be willing to keep her safe until we return."

Mumford looked at the saddles and blinked, "We are going to ride the...dragons?"

Xavier nodded, "yes we are..."

Mumford swallowed and looked at Marianna, "Please care for my girl Miss..she is a sweet child."

Caden moved to Rook and attached the saddle and then climbed on. "Are you comfortable?"

Rook's large head nodded.

Xavier helped Mumford into a seat on Cain. "Now...we will follow Mumford's lead and land close to the caves. He will go in and then the two of you will create a diversion, and then we will attack the others while they are distracted." he said to Caden having no doubt whatever of his fighting skills.

Caden nodded, "Fine by me..."

Xavier patted Cain's neck. "Barbecued humans for dinner tonight my friend. No questions asked."

Morden frowned, "Sheena was evil as well, but she is nothing compared to the sisters. We will look..." he nodded to Lazar and both scanned Rebecca. he stepped back and waited for Lazar's findings. "I see a core that is very light in color, no pulsing in it at all...almost as if it is dead or dying."

Lazar frowned, "There is no spell in place but...there has to be something at work in your system. We may need other methods to find it, but never fear...we will find it."

Chastiana was next and she was terrified. She closed her eyes and held her breath.

Morden scanned her as Lazar cast his spell. Morden gasped and moved to touch her to be sure he'd seen what he'd seen. He swallowed and stepped away from her a look of horror on his face. Lazar again found no external spell in place on this girl either. Morden looked at her, tears in his eyes. Hannah has placed a part of herself within you..." He didn't want to say the rest of it.

• Love
Mariannna nodded. "Then I will be here for her when she arrives. Please be careful, all of you." She said, going inside. There were a few guards, but one of Xavier's friends showed her where they'd bring Ginnia. They had a maid bring up a bowl of stew for her, and a tall glass of tea. "Thank you," she said to the man, who nodded, and left. Marianna was of course, no healer, but she would do her best to keep Ginnia calm and hopefully the girl would be unharmed upon arrival.~

Rebecca's eyes widened when Lazar told her that her core was possibly dying. How would that be possible? She clenched the arm rests of the chair. Then he told Chastianna she had part of Hannah inside her and her eyes went huge... Oh no..... Still, how could Sheena have kept her poisoned for this long? She tried to think... she did not want to lose what small magic she had.. Wait. Hadn't Sheena given her a bottle of lotion when she was younger, one that smelled of lavendar and was supposed to keep her nerves calm? It made sense now. Every time she'd used that lotion she felt tired, weaker. Though she never mentioned it to anyone and now was not a good time to bring -that- up.

Gavin was shocked. "What! How?" He couldn't believe it. His sister's core was dying, and Chastianna had a part of Hannah in her... but Chastianna had never met the damn woman! It didn't make any sense! "Lazar-- please. Explain...." He said, terrified for Chastianna. He didn't know what to do, but he took her hand and held it, knowing she'd need strength to endure whatever was happening.~

Theresa checked on Marianna once a guard told her she was in the extra bedroom for the little girl. There hadn't been a child in the palace in a long time, but she was sure the girl would be fine under Marianna and Xavier's care. She took away the empty bowl of stew and refilled the glass of tea. "Thank you, it was delicious. Any word on the girl's arrival?" Marianna asked. Theresa shook her head, smiling. "No, they are still out. But don't worry, I'm sure she'll be scared, but she'll be alright. Let me know if you two will need anything.." Marianna nodded.. "Thank you- I will. I won't impose for long, miss. I'll go home as soon as this business is taken care of." She assured the very- hard working young maid. Theresa tsked gently. "And where is home, Marianna?" She asked, her eyes knowing more than she should.. "The woods..." Marianna answered. "Hm.. We'll see to that..." Theresa added with a grin- before taking off again. Marianna shook her head at the woman's retreating back. Live here! Hahahahhaa. That was an amusing thought. Who wouldn't want to live in a palace.. sure? But she was no noble woman. She was just a friend of the forest. Live inside walls after so many years on the ground with only air and sky around her? Highly unlikely.

Claire continued to sleep on, unaware quite the rescue and search party was headed her way. She wasn't breathing anymore, but her heart kept beating, though it too beat much less strongly..~

Lazar felt for the young ones. They were unwitting pawns in the hands of evil. "I can't really say what has happened to Rebecca yet, but we will find the answer."

Morden knelt in front of Chastianna and took her free hand. "I see Hannah's presence within you. It has been placed within your womb. If you were ever to conceive a child...Hannah would be reborn in that child. Part of Hannah's core is there waiting to infect any offspring you might have." He squeezed her hand, "I am so sorry...so very sorry."

Chastianna felt tears sting her eyes and they fell freely as she heard what she felt was a death sentence spoken to her. "Take it out!" She demanded as her head fell back to the back of the chair and tears streamed down her face.

Morden frowned, "It is there in such a way that it cannot be removed without ... taking those parts of your with it." He was saying that with a hysterectomy, the girl would be free of Hannah but then forever would be childless."

Chastianna's head lifted as she realized what that meant. She looked at Gavin. They had spoken of children....a family. She knew he wanted that and now, she could never give that to him. "I'm sorry..." She said and took off from the room and ran all the way to her room throwing herself on the bed and crying into the pillow.

Morden and Lazar looked at Gavin then. "Your turn...I know you want to go after her, but please wait." The two men did as before and this time it was Morden who stepped back, "I see nothing."

Lazar held out his wand and watched for the scrying spell to show anything it would. He really wanted one of these poor souls to be free of interference. A bright glare of neon green flared up and then another of dark purple followed by a third of almost opalescent shimmer. Lazar lifted a brow and tipped his head. "That was the strangest thing i have ever seen...." he admitted as he stepped back. "The sisters each have a spell on you but someone else has cast a protection spell." he looked at Morden and the others, "The magic signature is opalescent...shimmering and almost blinding in intensity."

Melise smiled, "Aura...but how? when?"

Morden shook his head, "That is a very good question..."

Jorga had been standing off to the side of the room watching and listening. He stepped in and cleared his throat. "I can answer that." he announced. "Aura came to Malthen Ana when news of the birth of a baby boy was announced. She blessed him and cast a spell upon him that would protect him from physical harm. It was her gift to my brother and his wife." He stepped closer, "What are the other two spells?"

Lazar sighed, "There was one of Hannah's bright and intense. It is using your telepathy power to listen to what is going on around you. The other is of Helena, not as bright or strong but it is siphoning power from you keeping you weaker than you should be."

Xavier and the others took off with Mumford clinging to the saddle and Cain with all his might and his eyes squinted tightly closed. Xavier reached over and touched the man's arm. "How will you lead us if you cannot see?"

Mumford opened his eyes and looked down grabbing hold of Xavier's arm. "Oh sir...I am...this is so high...wait..there...se where the trees close over onto the base of the mountain there?" He pointed, "that is the where the cave opens. They found gold in there and mined it out. There were other things as well. Some gems...and magic mushrooms."

Xavier relayed that information to both Rook and Cain. The two dragons flew to the area and then landed only a short distance away. he sounds of voices and bustling could be heard. *It seems our foes are planning to flee...that is not a good thing* He helped Mumford down. "If you fail in this you will not survive."

Mumford nodded, "If I fail in this I do not deserve to live." he tore his clothes and then looked at Xavier, "You must cut me...I cannot go back without wounds. They will not believe anything I say."

Xavier nodded and grabbed his dagger and in movements quicker than any might believe he slashed the man three times.

Mumford hardly felt the blade but the blood was immediately upon his clothes. Rook breathed hot air on him to dry it a bit and make it look like and older wound and then the man moved into the trees. He stumbled into the group gasping for breath.

Mitch looked at Mumford and lifted a brow, "Where have you been?" he asked.

Mumford wasn't usually a good liar but his life and the life of his daughter were on the line, not to mention the life of the Princess. "Chur...captured...there were dragons...barely escaped."

Mitch frowned, "dragons? there are no dragons in malthen Ana..."

"yes...there are..."

Mitch rolled his eyes, "I think you're delusional Mummy...get some water and help us pack up..we're moving out."

Mumford nodded and went into the cave and ran for where he knew she'd be. Oh Gods she looked near death. He saw Gurran coming closer and acted delirious and fell over. The bigger man sat him up. "Mummy...you in there old man?" Only a slight nod, so the bigger man waved a hand before his face and snapped his fingers. Mummy blinked, "Oh...Gurran...what hapened?" Gurran shook his head, "You fell over...are you in there? You need a lift up?" Mumford shook his head, "Just need water and a little sit. I'll be fine..." Gurran handed him a glass of water and then gave him a hard pat on the shoulder almost knocking him over onto the floor. "don't rest too long or you'll be left behind with the dying princess." Mumford watched him leave and he moved back tot he cage, having stolen the key from Gurran's side and unlocked it. he reached in and pulled out the princess, "OH Princess...please don't die...help is close."

Outside Cain and Rook trampled their way into the camp. The ensuing chaos was almost comical as men ran screaming into the treeline only to be chased by fire from the two. Rook was not showing any mercy to anyone. He bit one guy in half and spit him out. Xavier was honed in on the leader, Mitch, and seeing him moving toward the cave he ran up to him and swiped his sword in one long arc at the man.

Caden was using his considerable magic to do all kinds of things to the men. Vines grew up from the ground and held them still for the dragons to do as they wished, others were frozen in place while still others were sinking in mud up to their hips. He moved passed all of them and into the cave. he found Mumford with Claire in his arms. He knelt next to her and touched her shoulder. His body began to glow brightly as did Claire's. She was nearly dead but he managed to get her breathing again and regulate her heartbeat while he searched for the toxin. The sounds of the battle raged outside, but not for a lot longer. Caden ignored it and concentrated on healing Claire. The healing was detailed, delicate and took a lot of his power, more than he'd ever used to heal anyone. When he finally let his hand drop he looked pale, and sweat dripped from him.

Rook was killing men as soon as he saw them. he wasn't giving any of them a chance to escape.

Xavier had the leader up against the trunk of a large tree, with his forearm against hi throat.

Mitch played the only card he had left, "If you kill me the Princess will die...I am the only one with the antidote..."

Xavier curled his lips into a sneer, "I brought a powerful healer you son of a bitch." He stepped aside and looked at Cain, "As promised....barbecued human." And he stepped away.

Mumford was praying for the Princess, "Oh Holy Glen..please spare this one...."

Caden was taking in great gulps of air, "She is healed...but she will sleep for a while...hopefully an entire day..." He couldn't stand though.

Xavier entered and saw Caden, "You look like hell." he said slipping his arm under the other man's arm and lifting him.

"I feel it..."

"Mumford..please carry the princess out to Cain."

Mumford nodded, "Sir...they had women..." he frowned..."They meant to sell them..."

Xavier cursed and practically carried Caden back to Rook and helped in into the saddle. he looked at the wagon and sure enough among the other 'goods' were five women bound and drugged. he climbed up into the seat of the wagon. "Get Claire and the others back to the Palace...I'll bring the wagon and be there as soon as I can."

• Love
Rebecca felt tears in her own eyes at Chastianna's demise. She hated Hannah, Helena and Sheena even more than she felt possible... "Niald. In my room there's a bottle of lavender lotion.. It was from Sheena. It could have the poison stuff in it for all I know.. I was stupid and naive for accepting such a thing from her and used it often." She sighed warily. It was another terrible day for them. "The lotion is in my nightstand drawer.." She added, asking him silently with her eyes if he could get it.

Gavin's eyes were hard. "Figures I was tampered with as well.... And Rebecca, remember, that woman was just as vile and crafty as the rest... But I still don't understand something. Well two things- is it possible to take the dark thing out of me, and restore Rebecca's core? And is there anything we can do to restore King Jorga's power? How can we end these vile hags' spells altogether?" He asked. He would definitely love to be with Chastianna right then, to calm her down; but that would have to wait. He also wanted answers to help this ever-worsening situation. It was like a terrible chain reaction.

Meanwhile.. in a small one-storied house, a little girl named Ginnia sat alone at the large wooden round-table, where she used to eat every night with her mom and dad.. Mom had been abused and murdered not long ago, and dad was her whole world. He hated hunting, but the forest was pretty much their only source of income. Mumford was a good, decent man and she looked most like him. She had wavy dark hair to the middle of her back in a pretty green ribbon, and wore a green shirt and pants, barefoot. She stared around their home, occasionally peeking out the window, to see if he was coming up the steps. But to her shock and dismay, her wide frightened hazel blue eyes saw not Mumford.. but knights from the palace! They knocked on the door. "Ms. Ginnia- please don't be frightened. We're here to take you to the palace. Your father is helping with something important right now, but he says he will meet you at the palace very soon." A man's deep voice told her. Her pretty round face was full of shock. But she was grateful they hadn't said he had died or was hurt. She didn't like those other men he hunted with to be sure! She carefully held the one toy she owned, a stuffed blue teddy-bear with bright blue eyes, and opened the door with her small hand. "Hi sweety. Don't be scared okay? You will be protected at the palace." The nice, tall guard told her. She nodded, mutely, and let them carry her to a horse, where she rode in front of another knight. They all returned to the palace in record time. She was greeted by a lady named Theresa, and shown to Marianna's room. "Hi, Ginnia. I'm Marianna. We're just going to hang out here until your dad gets back, okay?" Marianna's heart ached for the small girl. She was so tiny, and fragile... She remembered being exactly that age when her mother got sick, and her father died not too many years later. "It's going to be alright, Ginnia. Your father will be here soon, and once he explains everything to the king, I am sure the two of you will return to your normal lives. Should we go to the kitchen and get some food for you?" Marianna asked, certain the girl was probably starving by this time. She nodded, but looked like she didn't trust herself to speak.."My mom usually made really good soup... Is there anything like that here?" She asked, still clutching her bear. Marianna nodded. "Of course. I had a really good stew earlier. Theresa, a maid here, is really nice and I guess does more than her share of the work here. Let's go see if there's any stew left. If you want, you could leave your teddy here on this bed. He'll be here when we get back." Ginnia thought about it, then shrugged. The stew would be easier to carry this way, she knew. She clung to the bear when she was alone a long time or frightened for the one family member she had left. Everyone kept reassuring her her dad would be okay though- and she had to trust -something-... "Okay." She gently placed the bear on the mattress, then followed Marianna out to the hall way. "This place is bigger than I thought. Have you been here before?" Ginnia asked. Marianna shook her head. "Nope. But I'm sure we'll find the kitchen- oh good, another maid..." The other maid, Tianna, had worked in the palace for years along side Theresa and the four others. She smiled at the woman and child as she ushered them to the kitchen..."Stew's still fresh. Theresa always uses the best ingredients, and makes sure everyone eats plenty here." She added, then helped get a bowl for Ginnia. The girl watched, somber eyed and calm, as the stew was reheated, but not too hot, and a nice big dinner roll was also added, with butter. A glass of tea was also filled for the child, and Tianna helped carry everything back to her and Marianna's room. Ginnia sat at the table and thanked them both. Tianna nodded, then looked to Marianna. "I think I heard a guard say the others will be back soon." Marianna thanked her as well, and let the girl eat. She looked really thin, and Marianna guessed her father did the best he could, but struggled to provide. She felt bad ... She knew she was a survivor of hardships, but that didn't mean she'd wish her fate on anyone else, especially this small girl. In moments the stew, breadroll and tea were gone. She'd really cleaned her bowl! Marianna smiled. "See? Good food here..." She added. Ginnia grinned. "Yep... But we should take the dishes back so there's not so much to do for the maids. I bet there's hundreds of rooms they have to clean.. I'm glad I only have my area to keep neat at home... dad cleans the house really good-... but mom always made it smell so nice.... Like sage.." She caught herself, not wanting to openly cry.. " But Marianna felt so bad anyway. She scooted her chair just a bit closer. "I'm sorry- for what happened, Ginnia, but listen..If anything should happen to your father- I'm not saying it will. But if things get complicated and you end up having to stay here a while. I know there are a lot of good people living here. King Jorga is a good man and deals fairly with the citicenz of this realm. You will be well cared for. And I will help in any way I can. Sound ok?" Marianna said, smiling. The girl nodded. "Okay.. but as soon as dad gets here I want to see him please.." She agreed. Marianna promised she'd talk to Xavier first thing and see what he'd say.~

Claire couldn't respond well, until Caden took her in his arms and healed everything that the poison had done to her! The first sensation that returned was hearing, then breathing came easier, and the gag had been removed. She felt her eyesight returning as well, the darkness wasn't so thick. She gasped, deep, ragged breaths a few times, then coughed. She heard Mumford tell her to hold on,...and then the magic dragged her to a safer sleep. She felt gratitude well in her heart, but also deep sadness that so many people were always trying to hurt her. Weren't things hard enough throughout life without this constant strife? Then, consciousness left her again.

Cain roared a terrible, ear splitting roar as he swooped down upon the man named Mitch. Claire's main kidnapper and poisoner. He ate the man in one gulp, crunching slightly on the bones, and then, he knealt to look at Caden and Claire. The girl was much improved, he noted, and would pull out of the dreadful experience, hopefully a little less eager to go exploring in the woods again.. He did what he could to help Caden and Mumford onto his own back, then nudged Rook gently. <Carry Claire please, She will need you whenever she wakes. I understand your core has dark magic, but don't be afraid to be with her.> He said to Rook, then carried his two passengers back to the palace again.

Laurana kissed Lauden on the forehead and tucked him in. She couldn't find anyone, but she knew a lot of people were going to be needing healing soon and she wanted to be there. Fortunately, Theresa walked by, and smiled at her. "Oh Goodness- Theresa, I want to be able to help people that need healing if they're coming here soon, but I don't want to leave Lauden unattended. Would you direct them or have Caden bring them up here?" She asked. Theresa nodded. "Of course, Queen Laurana. Just sit tight, I'm sure they'll be here in a moment." Then, she was off again, taking care of what people needed for the long night.~

Last edited:
Naild was holding it together but just barely. He was glad to have something to do. He ran to Rebecca's room and grabbed the bottle from the drawer and then ran back to the dining room. He handed it to Morden, "How can we tell if it's tainted with poison or not?"

Morden held it and looked at Naild, "We can test it..." he looked at Gavin, "I can't do anything for either of you. The issues aren't from my kind of magic."

Lazar sighed, "We will return to the books...The spells are powerful, but they are spells. For every spell that can be cast there is a reversal spell as well. It may take a few tries, but I am sure the dark enchantments can be removed. I am going to assume you wish to keep the protection spell from Queen Aura." He would if it were him. No physical harm. Pretty nice gift. "Please be patient. I will search as quickly as I can..."

Morden nodded, "I figured it would be better to know everything we are dealing with...I'm sorry it meant interrupting you."

"No no...you were right...I have to add a few things to the search now. It will save time in the long run..." He pulled Tamsin closer and slipped his arm around her waist, "We'll be back as soon as we can." He led her out of the palace then and back to his place. He closed the door behind them and punched the wall in frustration. These women...who pissed in their corn flakes?" He growled, "I really want to find a tracer spell and cast something back at them ..." His eyes went wide and a purely evil devilish smile formed on those full lips. "Oh Baby...THAT...is perfect...let's play their game better than they do shall we??"

Morden took the lotion and told the two to relax until they had a solution. He went to find Serena and Ellisar. He asked where the lab was and once he had direction he traveled the twisted stairway down to it.

Aldin was busy working on the Laudanum when he arrived. "I am not quite finished," he apologized, "have they already returned?"

Morden shook his head, "no they haven't...I brought this..." He held up a bottle of lotion. "Rebecca received this as a present and thinks perhaps it may be poisoned...can any of your test it?"

Ellisar looked away from his machine for the first time, his interest now piqued by another item of interest. "Poisoned you say?" He moved over to the wall of things and began scanning it. He grabbed a jar and then grabbed a magnifier he'd invented. "This should show it..." he said and taking the bottle he squirted a bit onto a piece of glass and then dropped a few drops of the liquid from the jar onto it. He then placed the glass under the magnifier and looked at it. It was frothing and fizzing at a rapid pace and he blinked, "Most definitely poisoned...now...what sort?" He let the bubbles go until they stopped fizzing and then added one more drop of the potion from his bottle and looked again. "Well now...never seen this before...must be something that doesn't grow here." He went to the books and pulled down a thick book and began scanning pages without comment.

Rook watched Caden put Claire into the saddle on his back and prayed that his magical core would not be able to flare up while he was in dragon form, and to his surprise it didn't. *Apparently my mother didn't believe anyone would love a dragon.* He flapped his large wings and followed Cain back to the palace with the precious cargo on board. They landed in the same area they'd left from, close to the stables where there was plenty of room. He lowered himself so that Caden could get Claire out easily and then wasn't sure what to do. He wanted to be there for her, but he knew if he changed back he'd put her in grave danger. His large head lowered to the ground in defeat.

• Love
Gavin however, had already thanked Lazar and the others, then shot off to Chastianna's room. He knew she was sobbing her eyes out and just pulled her into his arms. "Hey...shh.... it's fine. I love you whether or not we can have kids, okay? My sister's core is pretty much dead, so Sheena's done a big number on her too. But she got me as well somehow- except Queen Aura managed to put a protective core in front of the dark one. I know you're heart broken sweetie, but trust me- there are worse things in life. As long as we're careful- we won't bring Hannah back. I am so sorry though, that she did that to you. And I wish there was an easy way to fix all three of us. And whoever else those nasty hags messed with." Gavin said, wishing he were an eloquent sort of man, but words most of the time weren't his forte, so he just held her and let her cry her grief.~

Rebecca for the most part, was handling things alright. It was Sheena the whole time who had subdued her the most- hating that her magic could work any time while she struggled for hers.... She stared thoughtfully at the place her brother had just left..."If I stop using that lotion... could my core just come back on its own?" She asked. She didn't like how any thing was going right then, and wished there was a way she could figure out some sort of solution...but her brain had been going on over-drive all week and she felt idea-less. Completely.~

Tamsin just laughed as Lazar asked who pissed in the hags' cornflakes.. "Maybe some people just are full of bitter hate like that... I'm certainly noticing a lot of it in Malthen Ana lately..." She paused, letting Lazar think a moment. "Could their hate possibly have leaked into the people here?" She asked, thoughtful. She was thinking how bad Claire had been treated her whole life, and wondered if that was all natural from peoples' hate... or something else...~

Claire didn't feel much of the movement as Rook soared back to Malthen Ana and the palace. She still felt a little feverish, and wouldn't wake up. However, her core seemed to flare a bit at the thought of not being able to be with Rook.. even now! It seemed her magic was reacting a bit at their forced separation even if she couldn't speak or open her eyes yet. It settled down as she subconsciously told it to. ~Love you.. Rook...I'm sorry...this all happened... I'm sorry your mother is a bitter cow...~ she added, trying to make him smile at least a little. She was scared to death she'd never be able to be in Rook's arms again, and the pain in her heart would not lessen.

Marianna managed to keep Ginnia calm the entire time, talking with her, and occasionally playing a game of guess the color she was thinking of and the object it was on. She was very bright, and guessed the random objects with ease. Soon though, the child's eyes started drooping. "Hey, ready for bed?" She asked. Ginnia nodded. "Okay.. I hope dad will be here soon.. Wake me up if he gets here?" She asked giving a disarmingly sweet smile as she climbed into the comfortable bed. There were lots of blankets, and comfortable pillows. "Of course I will. Good night, Ginnia." She said, making sure she was tucked in and had her bear. The girl was being so impossibly brave. Marianna knew if she had been the small girl, taken out of her home in the middle of the night- she'd probably have tantrumed at least once! She let the girl rest, and waited at the table, keeping her eyes on the door.~ <Cain, are all of you back yet?> She asked. <Yes milady...Princess Claire is free of the poison now, but she needs to rest a whole day. And Caden is completely -drained- from healing her. Laurana may need to heal him and several others.. Hang tight, and Xavier should come to see you.> He added. <Thank you for all the help, Cain. You're amazing.> Marianna told him. <Pfff. Would have done the same for anyone really...> Cain added. She smiled, and hoped Caden and Claire would both be alright... And Xavier- she hoped he or Mumford weren't badly injured.~

Chastianna clung to him and just cried. She heard his words but she was so heartbroken over the verdict. Never to have a child...never. She needed to mourn and let it out and she couldn't talk yet...she just held him and cried all over his chest.

Morden looked at Rebecca as he was leaving the room, "I don't think that alone will do it, but it can't hurt. We need to remove the spells as well. But...maybe...f your core begins to regain its strength you could kill the spell yourself. There's no telling why they were doing things the way they were." he smiled though, "We will find the answers..."

Naild watched him leave and hugged Rebecca close, "You'll be fine...I know they'll find the answers." He held her for a long time before they went back to the library to those books again. "It's a shame Hannah and Helena were so evil...so much power and they wasted it...they could have been productive people in the whole fae community...like Caden and Rook and Chastianna...what a waste."

Lazar shrugged, "hell if I know...I'm not real sure how I ended up here to be honest. it was a magical backfire of a spell gone wrong. So I'm not totally sure how everything works here. I have figured out that it's all connected to the Glen though. So...if the Glen is trying to purge them...then it will happen. We just have to deal with this and then that should finish it. But...I think...I can fire my own magic back at them. And since my magic isn't core magic they won't be able to deflect it as they can other things. I think we need to show them that the people here aren't victims and that their interference won't be tolerated." he sat at the desk again, "Also...now I think about it...I wonder if I can use Gavin's telepathy to spy on them wherever they are...or if Xavier could...yeah...I bet he could...." he looked up at her, "The Sisters have no idea what's coming..."

Rooks head lifted at hearing her voice. *CLaire..oh thank GOD....I was so worried...I love you too. Please do not give up. They will find an answer. Apparently as long as I am a dragon my core is inactive. I can be around you safely this way...if you like.*

Mumford climbed off Cain and bowed, "Thank you sir...dragon sir..."

Xavier was helping Caden now and looking at Mumford. "come along...your daughter wants to see you. Lax..." he called and the man appeared, "Carry the Princess to her room please." Lax nodded and gently lifted her from the saddle and followed Xavier into the palace. They entered and made their way up the stairs and Lax laid Claire gently on the bed and covered her then promptly left the room. Xavier continued on to Caden's room and opened the door without knocking. "Sorry...he's heavy." He said as he moved across the room practically dragging Caden. "He's drained...Claire was poisoned and almost dead. he's an amazing healer for damn sure." He bowed then, "Let me know if you need anything." Then he led Mumford to Marianna's room and tapped on the door.

• Love
Gavin stroked her hair, found tissues and used them often to wipe both of them! He had tears in his own eyes, though he was just as devastated, it was harder for him. He wanted to be strong so Chastianna could get out all that grief. "I know sweet heart...It's alright.. there are other ways... We could always adopt..." He told her, trying to sooth her broken heart as best as he could... ~

Rebecca burried her face in Nialds shoulder. "Just goes to show you cant trust those with dark evil magic...they never had a good soul in their bodies most likely...." she added sadly . Depression and despair were her two silent companions that night. She was certain shed never be happy again. If her core died....shed never be able to help anyone. She certainly wouldnt be fit as a queen beside Niald....he deserved someone better.....someone who wasnt destroyed already. Way to go Sheena. Mission accomplished. She leaned her head on the table, unable to feel hopeful about anything.

Tamsin thumped Lazar's arm lightly. "Brilliant! We could go ask him now- or did you want to wait til morning? I think Chastianna's just heartbroken.. I would be too.." She added... "But what do you have in mind? How could we use Gavin's telepathy?" She asked, curiously. She wanted these evil sisters completely gone as much as everyone else!

*Love you Rook- so much! I missed you terribly... you're what I thought about most when I was losing my eyesight and my hearing...and vocals... and... I just kept thinking about you...* She promised him, while she was carried upstairs to her room. *Thank you, Caden, Xavier.. Mumford..for your help as well..* She added, knowing they were all definitely exhausted. She hated being the cause of so many damn problems.. She would probably never leave the palace again. It just wasn't safe for her anywhere... *And of course I want to be around you! In dragon form or regular form... Rook I've had a lot of time to think today.. you're the one I love most. I love my family but I swear it feels like I am just a problem. My poor father was caused more stress by that stupid ransom ploy... and I can't show him any more troubles. Especially since that coward Garrun was the one who shoved another note on my bed again today- so I know he was one of the people sending the threats...I went outside because the recent note had a drawing of me around my neck. I'm not safe anywhere Rook. It's no one's fault- but there's not much anyone can do...I'm just sorry I even left the palace....- She said, tears in her eyes even unconscious.~

Laurana gasped at the sight of Caden half unconscious! "Thank you Xavier. If there are anymore poisoned or wounded I will heal them." She told him, grabbing Caden and hauling him to the bed. She let her magical core flare out, seeing her beloved was so drained, and fed him her energy, letting it revive him until he wouldn't even feel slightly tired. Her energy was still pink and purple, and swirled around Caden like a bright aura. She didn't cease her energy flow until Caden's eyes would open, and even then she never once thought about herself- only making sure he was okay. She sent an extra healing-ball over to Xavier, healing his cuts or any other wounds without a single thought.

<They're all here now, Marianna. Telling Rook goodnight and headed back to my cave.> Marianna thanked Cain again and let him fly off, spiraling back towards his cave, extremely tired, but for the most part well fed and satisfied of the day's events. <See you tomorrow, Rook. You'd best go to your woman though...No one should be separated by fear. Change into your small dragon form and keep watch.> Cain said, smiling as he greeted his own family upon entering his cave.~

Last edited:
Chastianna wept for what probably seemed like hours to him but was only a half an hour at most before her eyes were dry and had nothing left to offer. It took a little longer for her to be able to speak but finally her head lifted off his chest. She was a pathetic sight. swollen eyes, red nose, and trembling lips. "If I have to let them remove my parts..." she said softly and then swallowed hard, "I will understand if you want to find someone who can give you a child of your own. You're a royal..." She snifffed and it was obvious she'd been wrestling with this as well, "But I won't let the possibility of Hannah being reborn remain...I can't. Whatever is inside me has to be destroyed."

Naild pulled her closer. "Morden and Lazar will figure this out. I have faith in them both. Morden loves us both and so he will work tirelessly, and Lazar I think feels he has much to atone for and so he is motivated to do right and good. This will be uncovered in the end...you'll see."

Lazar grinned, "I am a genius...at times." he snickered, "Well..what we would be USING my Love, is Hannah's own spell in reverse. she uses Gavin's telepathy to listen in to where he is, and what is going on around him. So If I can find the thread of the spell I can follow it and do the same to her. She will not realize we are doing it though, at least I hope she won't. However, her own arrogance will be our gateway to wherever she is. A gateway works both ways you see...so....if they can siphon magical core energy then we can send spells and core magic back through the gateway to where they are. So...saw...Xavier's power were to travel along the gateway to the sisters....How difficult would it be for them to resist an attack from him?

Rook nodded to Cain once Claire and Mumford were removed from his saddle, *Much thanks for the saddle and when Claire is well I think she too would like to meet your family...* He bowed his head and became the tiny jade dragon and followed the guard to Claire's room. He landed on the bed and then crawled up and laid his head on his shoulder. His breath was warm and would heat her well just his being there. *Claire...Darling One. You are no problem to anyone, not me or your father or any of the people who came to same your today. You are precious and gentle and beautiful. I heard your call out to me and I was so afraid I was going to be too late getting to you. My life would be nothing without you.* His little wing covered over her shoulder in a tiny dragon hug, *They are working on a way to fix my core. I have hope that all will be well. Rest now...let your body rest. I am here with you. You are safe.*

Caden jerked awake and was instantly asking questions, "Is Claire well? did we get all the poachers? The forest is safe now?"

Xavier held up a hand, "Yes, yes and yes." He said in answer to the three questions. "Claire is resting in her room. I believe Rook and Cain ... " He looked at Lauranna was wasn't sure whether or not to complete that statement, "Enjoyed the outcome..." He looked at Lauranna then, "There were 5 women...they appeared to be fine...but they were drugged. I was going to drive the wagon back myself, but one of my men is doing it. They should be arriving soon."

Caden sat up and held both of Lauranna's hands as his core flared up and joined with hers and restored both of them, "Damned amazing how that works..." he said and then stood, but he saw that look in her eyes. "Or...maybe I should stay here with the baby while you go as see to those ladies..."

Xavier grinned, "I will leave that to the two of you to decide. I will send someone to let you know when they are here." He and Mumford were then standing outside Marianna's door. He'd tapped once but then he knocked a bit louder and spoke, "Milady..."

• Love
Gavin cuddled her, closely. "Sweetheart- the title of my royalty means nothing in this land. Niald is the true heir and will likely take up the throne when he is ready. I am confident he will be a perfect king. As for removing those parts..." He couldn't imagine how that would hurt! "If you choose to go through with that, know I will be here holding your hand and healing you afterwards where the pain cannot get to you." He assured her. "Life is precious, Chastianna. I'm more than okay with our never having kids. Should any little girl or boy need a family though, for any reason, we can consider adopting him or her... Alright? I don't want you to feel badly about any of this and it's not your fault." He assured her, stroking her soft hair. He kept strong for Chastianna, but inside he wanted to obliterate those dark sisters and their helper, Sheena til they were piles of ashes.~

Tamsin grinned. "You really are brilliant. Tell me which books I need to find to fix these other problems, and we'll get started on those too." She added, bringing them over to him and getting comfortable in a chair. It would be another long night of all night studying for both of them! She was one who sought after results fast, and Lazar was always going to be the best for getting things done- especially these very sad things happening.~

Rebecca nodded, but still couldn't help the worry. . ."I know you're right Niald... Its just really horrible we all have to be going through this...I was so hopeful their reigns of terror ended back in the Glen... " She added, wiping her tears, not wanting to be weak for crying. Tears were one thing she was always slapped for back home.. "Should we get back to studying then? And see if we can't help?" She asked.

Laurana nodded as Xavier spoke to them about the other women who were drugged, but yes Claire was healed and safely in her room. "You've done plenty tonight, my love.. I will tend to the rest. Watch our son and take comfort from him. You were wonderful today as always. And the rest of you who helped." She added to Xavier, Marianna, Mumford and Cain. She kissed Caden deeply. "Yes, let me know Xavier. I'm going to let Caden take the rest of the night off." She assured him, and then waited for the arrival of the injured and drugged women. Poor things were probably sick and confused..

Claire felt warmth from Rook's dragon form she had missed so dearly. She cuddled close to Rook's small dragon form, and though she was still locked in sleep, she pressed her cheek to his forehead, missing him terribly. *I know they're working on it... I am glad there's so much good help.... but.. Just don't look in the black box in my closet. You'll see how long the bullying has gone on and how many reasons I have to permanently -never- speak to other people in Malthen Ana.* She sighed..*It might not be- all my fault.. .but I feel... like my existence or maybe just my powers alone provoke people to hate me. I'm glad the poachers are gone, and hopefully most of my enemies. But I can't be sure anymore. I love that you're here Rook. You're my best anchor in this world that truly seems to want me gone. I am sorry this all happened...But I'll never regret being close to you Rook. You're my everything too...* She told him. She rested better then, but she still felt plagued by the fact she was so hated.~

Marianna, who'd been worried greatly for everyone's safety, quietly opened the door and hugged him. "She's sleeping. She's a wonderful girl, Mumford." She told him smiling and standing back so he could come into the room and see his daughter. She knew he missed her terribly. "And was the mission successful?" She asked Xavier, glad he seemed unharmed and in one piece! She'd missed him terribly. Strange,..she had only just met Xavier... and yet she felt a strong connection between them.~

Chastianna smiled slightly at his mention of Naild, "He really will be a good king. He seems...like an old soul trapped in a young body somehow. wise..." she looked up at him when he started talking about her parts. He didn't look away as he spoke. He meant everything he was saying and she felt tears stinging her eyes but none fell...she was cried out. He hand lifted to touch his face, "We will accept any child without a home then..." She had realized when Morden spoke so decidedly that there would be no other way besides removal. It was a permanent and unchangeable thing. No healer could make things appear that were not there already. She furrowed her brow, "Will you come with me to talk to Caden and Lauranna about it?"

Lazar grinned, "You inspire me." He moved to the shelves and pulled two books down, "these two...there should be chapters on siphoning and using other people's abilities through spells. I"ll keep looking for the solution to Rook's problem." Which of all of them was the most complicated.

Naild nodded, "I thought so too, but evil is never easily eliminated. All we can do is behave in such a way that we create the world we want to live in day by day." He smiled and then nodded, "Maybe we can stumble upon something that will help," And even if not...they were occupying their minds on something besides worry. To his mind, that was the key reason for doing this, because her knew her and the way her mind worked. She'd have herself believing she was worthless by the morning if she wasn't occupied trying to do something to help. He wasn't going to let Sheena have that victory over her, not anymore.

Aldin finished the Laudanum and handed the bottle to Serena, "I hope it helps her." He looked away from her and forced himself to enter the other conversation.

Ellisar was ignoring everyone as he was sometimes known to do when he was chasing after an answer to a perplexing question. "Here it is!" he shouted and startled everyone int he room. "It grows only in the dark swamp and it causes loss of independent thought, dulls magic ability and stifles the communication between the core and the host. Nasty stuff...where did this come from?"

Morden frowned, "From Sheena, a woman who worked with the sisters. She convinced Rebecca she was her mother all her life, while poisoning, abusing and drugging her with this lotion."

Ellisar looked fiercely angry, "The woman must be brought before the tribunal..."

"She is already dead."

"Well then....good. Yes indeed that is proper and good." He took the bottle and went to the forge and tossed it in. "It can only be destroyed through fire."

Morden nodded, "How do we heal her?"

Ellisar went back to the book, "No known antidote but effects should wear off as time passes." He read and then made a face, "she is going to feel withdrawal symptoms...which include...aggression, violence, suicidal thoughts, spontaneous laughter or inconsolable sobbing, change in appetite, and increase in sexual appetites." He whistled. "You may need to make a bit more of that Laudanum Aldin. May be best to keep the girl drugged until it passes."

Morden blinked at the list. The one that concerned him was the suicidal thoughts. The girl had dark thoughts already from her past. "We will speak with her and see what she wants to do. But we need to get this to Claire so she can rest deeply and recover. Thank you all."

Mumford was shocked by the hug but he patted the woman's back all the same. When she spoke so kindly of his little Ginnia he smiled a tender smile, "She is so like her mother...such a dear heart. Thank you for tending to her." He moved past her and over to the bed. His hand brushed the curls back from ehr face and he smiled a watery smile. Everything, every single thing he did was for her. To see her safe and in a warm soft bed made him fall to his knees beside it and lower his head to give thanks.

Xavier nodded, "Cain had a few snacks as promised. Caden was able to heal Claire though he was nearly unconscious afterward. We found five other women among their 'wares' tied up and drugged. Mumford told us about them. He said they were going to sell them to the highest bidders." He spat the words out with the same disgust he felt about that action or intent. "So...I believe your home is safe once more...though...I am going to speak to the king about Mumford's small village. They have been suffering through a lot with the poachers in the area stealing everything they could. It would seem the kings provisions were not ever reaching them." He looked down at her then, "And you?" he asked, "How are you faring? Were you able to get food?"

• Love
Gavin smiled.. "I think we're all too serious anymore. But given the circumstances... I find it near impossible to be light hearted, except around you... Because I'm constantly thinking there's going to be something else bad happening and yay I'm usually right." He snorted. "As for Caden and Laurana? I'd like to let those two rest. I feel the magic radiating from both of them- and if my telepathic -seeing- is right, Caden's only just gotten back from a rescuing Claire mission. Jeez. That is one sad girl. I'll take not having the ability to have kids over someone trying to hurt and bully me every single day for years, and then she finds her true love... and they can't even hug. Gods Helena must have never had a man." He rubbed his eyes from fatigue. He really hoped some better answers were presented soon. "And don't think for one minute I'm happy there's a dark core in me either. I'm grateful for Queen Aura's protection, really I am... I just can't believe how much damage those hags have done. Rebecca may end up losing her magic altogether and she already feels like crap... Sorry... I really want things to settle down for all of us and get better. Not worse. Not sure how I can help though." He leaned his head on her shoulder.

Rebecca managed a smile. "I hope we do find something. I'll go back to the book on cores and that hex/spell book I found....Thanks Niald..." She added, holding his hand gently, before turning back to her books. She didn't want to think anymore either. Though she'd never admit it, the effects of the lotion were already wearing off. She hadn't used -any- of it today and had felt less tired. She tried to remember or think if there'd been any side-effects she could notice, then prodded her attention back to the task at hand. No. She wasn't going to give the hag-cow fake mother any more leverage. Whatever the side-effects would be she would try her best to spot them and not let them control her.

Serena thanked Aldin for making the Laudanum and took the bottle from him. She was still a bit quiet, from everything that had happened. But she was coming to terms with everything, and focusing on other issues did help. She worried greatly for Rebecca and Claire. "If you could, Ellisar, please figure out how long these side effects would take Rebecca to recover from. I'd hate to see her get that depressed again.. or anything else happen." She thanked them as well for the help, said goodnight to Aria, who'd passed out after helping quite a bit in the lab that whole day. She went to bed, her shoulder still throbbing occasionally but she slept right through most of it. Serena went up to Claire's room, and knocked gently, then, remembering she would probably be unconscious, she stepped in. "Hey Rook. I was sent to deliver the Laudanum for Claire so she could rest easier. It helped me out tremendously when I was healing from broken bones and other things. I think it will certainly help her. But... I have to warn you both- it is absolutely -nasty- tasting. So, probably should have some tea or wine to chase it down." She added, setting it on the nightstand. Claire looked completely wiped out. "Strange.. I never thought I would meet someone who was bullied even worse than me, but I am sorry she's enduring all this.. I can't even tell her it gets better. If she needs to talk when she's feeling better, please have her see me, alright?" Serena understood fully what damages bullying could do. She let Rook and Claire catch up on their much needed rest then.~

Marianna smiled as Xavier told Mumford it was safe for them to return home. She would always have a special place for Ginnia, and of course both of them could visit her anytime. "Oh yes, I actually ate before Ginnia arrived. The stew was delicious. I am sorry for those poor women. I hope they can all be returned to their homes as soon as they are healed... Such a terrible devastation those poachers have all caused...Glad things didn't turn out any worse though.... And you? Have you managed to eat yet?" She asked. She handed Ginnia's bear to Mumford so he could carry it with them..She smiled at Mumford. "No worries, friend. You're a good father who's had a hard choice to make." She added.

Chastianna nodded, "I know Babe...I know...we have all been caught in this horrible whirlwind...but storms like this don't last forever. They die down and things are smooth again." He spoke of all the things they were seeing and facing and she had to admit it was a lot. "I probably look a mess at the moment...tomorrow is soon enough...I'll feel better about ...all of that if I can ask them some questions....you know? And I don't want to be alone. This whole...taking things out of me...it scares me.."

Niald smiled, "You are good and finding needles in haystacks...if there is something to find I know you will." he said with a bright smile and then went back to his book. Not that he wouldn't look, he would but she saw things were nothing was and could think outside the box. he felt like he literally was the box itself. the structure and strength.

Rook looked up and his little dragon head tipped a bit sideways at her words. How was he going to do that. he looked at Claire and he didn't think she was going to wake up enough to drink anything. How to communicate with her though. He waited for her to leave and then transformed into his human self and held the bottle to her lips and poured it down, "Sorry Love....hopefully you cannot taste this." he said and then grabbed the wine and poured a little of that down too just in case she could. He tried not to touch her so he slid his hand under the pillow to hold her head up a little and then let her back down. She didn't choke or anything so he let out a relieved breath and turned back into the tiny dragon and moved back to her shoulder, *Sleep well Love...*

Xavier shook his head, "Not yet...and yes Theresa makes a very good stew." She mentioned the women, "They should be arriving any time now." he looked over at Mumford, "Why don't you stay here tonight. Let her rest. I will find Marianna another room."

Mumford looked up and was going to protest but then he looked at how peacefully Ginnia was rest and he couldn't. "Thank you. I will stand before the king whenever you want."

Xavier nodded and closed the door escorting Marianna out of the room, "There are many more people in the palace then normal but there are still plenty of empty rooms here." He tipped his head, "There are still five quarters in the guard tower if you would like to rest there. They are spacious and comfortable." And he'd be able to watch over her there. He couldn't hear the wagons arriving but he could hear his men sending the coded signal to his mind that he'd trained them alto send. "The wagon is here...would you like to help with the women?"