Laurana smiled sadly at Caden. "Alas, I've never felt queenly. It would be nice to be a non-royal girl." She added, nuzzling his forehead gently. She felt the glen's glow fade, and she knew she'd miss this place. But they had to move on and restart their lives, or they'd be stagnant, not doing anything useful. She let Caden support Nathan, watching them with sorrow. He glanced at Caden and Laurana, ice in his heart now, it felt like turning into stone. "Alna loved white and pink roses. . . she would be.... the best rose of them all under neath them..." He said, struggling not to turn into a crying mess again. God, everyone he loved turned to dust. ...why couldn't he?

Laurana turned to Aldin. "Yes, I will help.." She told him, touching poor Mirq's sweet face and feeling terrible loss again, remembering their first meeting when he'd sneak into the palace. What luck he'd turned into such a good friend! And he helped Aldin bring Serena home. "If I could bring people back I would." She said softly to Aldin. But this much she could do- she made Mirq glow a bright white-purple color, for several seconds. When it died down, Aldin felt no more discomforting zaps, and Mirq was whole again. How she ached to have the ability to bring those she loved back to life...

Claire stood by Rook and Jorga, also mourning the loss of so many fine soldiers. She had grown up with them, as they all had. She prayed for their next lives to be much better. She managed a small smile for Rook. "Yes, I'll be glad to give you a tour of the city once you've all settled in." She told him.

Serena smiled at her son, stepping back gently to let him regain his composure, but still holding his hand. "I missed you Niald. A great deal. Of course you'll still have Rebecca. She'll need you now more than ever. She'll be adjusting to her new life as a Seer, and she'll still feel...out of place I'm sure." Serena assured him. He hadn't said his feelings, but as his mother, their connection was always strong. She had no fears her son was able to take care of himself, and others, and had always been proud of him.

Jasmine stood with Varen in the dome thingy Jorga had made, she too, mourned the loss of all the ones who'd died. A bitterness rose in her, that she struggled to fight with. How in the world was Nathan going to keep surviving? He looked like he wanted to plunge off the nearest cliff.....

Rebecca actually looked relieved there was a seer there already. "So I won't be needed as a Seer then?" She asked, not liking the gift much anyway. It sure hadn't been at all helpful in saving anyone today! Nor had it reassured or comforted anyone. And heck, more people had elemental powers than she could count it seemed, so she couldn't be expected to be -that- useful, surely. But she wouldn't worry about that until they got there. If at all. Would any of them really have time to recover from these losses? She didn't think such a thing was possible, especially for Nathan or Aldin.~

Caden nodded and like Jorga his hands moved and the place where she had lain became soft and she slowly sunk into the ground until it accepted her completely. Once she was under the earth roses of all shades of pink grew incredibly fast and bloomed and intermingled with them were spattering of white. Last of all the stone that hand killed her lifted and stood as it was shaken and carved by his magic. "Here lies Sovalna Beloved Wife, friend and faithful seer for the royals of the Glen. Her light will be surely missed.' The rose vines grew up and encircled it. He stepped back and let Nathan say his final good-bye in peace.

Aldin watched as the magic forged his friend into his former self, "Thank you. This is how I want to remember him. He was a selfless friend always."

Naild stepped over to Aldin, "I can go with you to take him back. I know the way."

Caden heard him and smiled, "I think we all should go. He was a loyal and true friend and worthy of that respect. It will not too much of a delay in going to Malthen Ana," he said looking at Jorga, "Do you mind?"

Jorga shook his head, "NO, not at all. He is a hero and deserving of that effort. We will be happy to join you." He furrowed his brows thoughtfully, "It would be well to check on them too. It is possible the tremors have caused damage or injury there."

Tamsin nodded, "I cannot imagine they would have been completely unaffected. It is possible they will have need of the healers too."

Rook bowed his head to her, "I will very much look forward to it Mi'lady."

Varen watched all of this with a heavy heart. he hadn't realized Alna had died, and seeing Nathan so broken was difficult. Seeing his men gone was difficult, but looking at the still form of Mirq was somehow even harder for him. He'd not known the orc but he did know a hero's heart when he saw one. He felt the man lucky to have been able to die in such a noble fashion, but it somehow bothered him that it had happened. "If you create a cart jasmine and I can carry him home." he offered.

Jorga looked back to the lost girl, "No child. The oracle is our source...it would not surprise me if the glen gifted you with a different power now." She'd come to find that most of the inhabitants of Malthen Ana did not possess magic of any kind. Something had been happening to the goldens while they were hidden away, their magic cores were no longer reproducing and making new fae with magical abilities. So, she would find that her powers would be useful there, in more ways than one.

Jasmine was glad to provide the cart, speaking gently to the logs and trees, she managed a sturdy, well decorated flowery cart, for which to put Mirq in. "I'll be right next to you." She told Varen. Nope, she wasn't leaving him on his own, too many bad things happened to him when he protected her. She would protect him and as many others as possible during their journey to Mirq's people. She only hoped the other orcs were alright!

Nathan thanked Caden for such a beautiful grave site. His Alna would have admired such effort. She'd never seen herself as completely useful, always feeling bad when a vision hit that she couldn't interpret. But he knew she'd been the best Seer anyone would have. He joined the group, following them to take Mirq back to his people. He was functioning, but only barely. He was trying to keep his head up,... and not really managing to. He hung back a little, letting them all pass him. Many offered condolences, and Gavin asked if he needed anything.. He shook his head, smiling thinly, his eyes two dark hallows without light. His light was in the ground.~

Rebecca then noted she hadn't had any visions plaguing her head since they'd left the barracks! Was it gone then? Oh good that would be a burden from her. But then her core shifted slightly, causing great pain that she intended to ignore, because she was brave like everyone else. While Aldin's new core power had been a unique...blue, which had been pretty: Her's shifted into a new color. Gold, flecked with rainbow lights. That's the glow that eminated from her whole body and she had to stand back as everyone marched past, carrying Mirq. "Glen? Whats this?" She asked, hoping the Glen would answer still. Her elemental magic was still there, but she was trying to figure out what else had grown and shifted inside her. It was strong whatever it was, and made her pale a few shades, but she didn't faint thankfully. She just put one step in front of the other, like everyone else.

Claire didn't mind either, and walked beside Rook, as she was lost in a great deal of thought. It was no surprise that the Glen was granting the golden fae princess new powers, or Aldin really. Perhaps he himself wasn't completely human as he'd thought? She was of course, cursed forever with the Storm-Magic; but she'd learned to accept it, using it only when there was great need of it for crops if there was a drought, or battles that were easily won with lightning bolts or tornadoes.

Laurana would forever miss Alna, they all would. But none more than Nathan. His heart had shredded, everyone could see that. She walked beside him and Caden on the way to Mirq's home, to burry the loyal friend. She hated losing this many people. Though she wasn't considered guilty; she was relieved to let go of the title "Queen" and perhaps "Chosen" as well. She'd like to just give birth to her beautiful son, and cherish him and her family always. That was the goal anyway. Laurana knew too well what happened to those things called "Dreams"....

Gavin leaned occasionally on Chastianna as they walked. A bit winded from so much magical use, he hadn't figured out a way for him to restore it. He'd watched the pretty rose-display for Alna's grave, and still Nathan hadn't emerged enough from despair. He understood the man wouldn't ever be the same again. Hell he doubted any of them would.~

Varen smiled sadly at Jasmine but he bent and hugged her, "You are wonderful...you know that?" He stood still as they loaded Mirq into the back for them to carry to the orc village. He felt bad now that he hadn't given them a thought, but like Jorga said it was possible they needed help. They needed to get moving as quickly as possible.

Naild watched Rebecca and held onto her when he saw her walking a bit oddly, "Are you ok?" he asked but then she started to glow. He heard her ask the Glen what was happening to her and he again asked, "Are you ok? Are you having another vision?" He didn't like how the vision plagued her, and he really hoped Jorga was right about the glen taking it away from her. It had happened by mistake anyway from the flowers. he didn't think she had the right mental ability for it. She was too tender and too caring for it. Not that Alna hadn't cared but she had a harder edge and could keep things separate in her mind. He glanced back at the now distant grave of their friend and sighed heavily for his thoughts. What was happening to him?

Rook walked with her and noticed she seemed miles away, "May I offer a penny for your thoughts?" he asked, "You seem intent on something..." Everyone was very solemn and sober as they walked, and deep in thought. He understood it. death often made people think about things in a different light, it made life seem so much more precious. It made people more precious, and the relationships one had with them. "I promise I am a good listener, and I do not share what I know."

Caden knew there was no way to comfort Nathan and left the man to his grief. He wrapped an arm around Lauranna knowing he'd be in far worse shape if anything happened to her. He couldn't even imagine it and he didn't want to. His arms tightened around her and he bent to kiss her hair, "I love you." he said without explanation. So much had happened since he'd left the caves to find the Chosen one, and yet it seemed like just yesterday.

Chastianna felt Gavin heavily on her side and her hand reached for his and she felt her own magic ignite in a different way. Had this always happened and she hadn't noticed? Her energy filled him easily and bolstered his strength. It did deplete her a bit but not much and that surprised her. "Feeling a little better?" she asked hopefully.

Jasmine smiled at Varen's sweet words. "You're more wonderful, but thank you. Surprised a bit how they listen to me still." She said motioning to the trees in a grateful expression. She was helping Varen carry the other side of the cart, so it would not be heavy for him. She too hoped they could help a lot that day. She squeesed Varen's shoulder gently, before taking the other handle. It had efficient wheels as well, and flowers covered Mirq's body.~

Rebecca wasn't sure about the okay part, but she smiled anyway to ease Niald's troubles. "I think the visions have gone. I hope they go to who can see better and interpret better than I could. They were mostly painful. But I'm not sure why I'm glowing rainbow and gold. Kind of odd." She said, her hair was even gaining golden highlights through the bright red! Her eyes were even shifting, from plain blue, to flecks of gold and pale pink. She had no idea what to expect, unable to even think at this point. She was turning a bit pale, shaky even, and had to lean slightly on Niald's arm to keep from tipping over. "This is weird, Niald. I can -hear- everyone's inner core. A lot of them are muted...blocked." She shook her head. A short shock spiraled through her, causing intense pain, mostly a burning sensation that wasn't at all pleasant; but somehow felt like a sort of hug from the other side. She kept walking, but wasn't too sure this new power was trying to leave her conscious! "Sorry. I don't know what's happening either Niald." She apologized.

Claire smiled at Rook's thoughtfulness. "Oh, sorry, I was just remembering how the Glen takes away powers and gives new ones.. I myself can't really remember where my powers originated from. Just that I've had to hide my arms my whole life, " she indicated the sleeves of her shirt were still long and she never rolled them, even when the weather was hot. "And I don't really know what my parents' powers were, as they were gone at an early age. So, I've sometimes felt this was a curse.... Yet I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. . . but it would be alright if I could also heal, since this gift is quite damaging at times when I lose control of it. People have feared me often back in Malthen Ana, and usually their mothers say to their children "Be good or I'll tell Claire to zap you with lightning" Hahaha, really cute stuff like that. I don't tell the king, or anyone else, because I can take all that mockery. It's something one adapts to after a while. Nothing like poor Serena thank goodness." She wondered where her mind was going with all this and shrugged helplessly, having not been good with words a long time. "I don't know what I'm really thinking of Rook, other than I hope my powers will continue to be useful, and that eventually people will stop fearing them. I've accepted them a long while now,... but I can understand why others don't. Do you have special gifts? Besides that amazing dragon form?" She asked, changing the subject, and talking in a low tone so only he could hear her.~

Laurana melted into that wonderful hug from Caden and kissed him deeply back! "I love you too Caden." She said, understanding his worry and fears. "I'm glad you're alright too... I only wish there was more we could do for Nathan, and for Aldin...and everyone..." She said with a sigh. She hoped things would be quite calm and peaceful in Malthen Ana!

Serena walked with Morden somewhere in the middle of the group, glancing around, she too noticed, her powers of nature had expanded. She heard things miles away, felt all sorts of animals moving about in the forest, could identify every plant, flower and root off the top of her head. But something else was happening... It felt like her own core was reacting, changing, but she didn't want to slow anything down. She just kept going, sometimes she heard trees whispering, gentle conversations happened around her that she was hearing yet not hearing, like a low or high pitched buzz no one could catch.~

Well hello-- Gavin managed to straighten right up! "Thanks- don't over do it like I did though. I guess most of our cores are already changing as we get ready to head away from the Glen." He mused, kissing her for helping him.~

Varen grinned over at her, "And why would they not?" he asked seriously, "That is your gift." He held the handle on his side and moved forward at a steady pace but not too fast for everyone to keep up with. One things about being a centaur among humanoids was that you had to get used to a slow gait. It was hard and worked on the patience but he didn't mind anymore. "I think it's only a few more miles..."

Naild watched her and tipped his head, "Your hair is turning pretty colors and so are your eyes." he noted and noticed her getting a bit pale and that she was swaying a bit. He scooped her up and carried her as if she weighed nothing. He wasn't sure how but he felt incredibly strong at the moment. He could feel his magical core flaring but he wasn't sure what it was doing. He frowned, "huh...that's weird."

Rook frowned listening to her, "That is horrible Claire," he said and stepped closer to hug her from the side, "I am so sorry that people have treated you so. I think your powers are amazing. And I bet you will see them become even more useful now. I just have a feeling you will." he was actually quite in awe of her. "My powers?" he shrugged, "Mine are totally restorative. Nothing flashy or elegant, just raw usable energy for the taking. It could be useful at times, and others of no use whatsoever. There is no in between. The dragon however, that was meant to keep me a prisoner in the swamp so that I would never leave the guarding of the amulets. But what my mother intended for evil I can now can be used for good, so I am content to use it. I am not entirely sure how useful that might be in an underwater city, but maybe if they need someone to go outside and fly around looking for things I could do that?" He peeked over at her, "I hope I am not too forward Claire, but I wish you to know that I find you quite wonderfully fascinating. I hope you will allow me the privilege of knowing you better once we are to your home."

Caden gave her another squeeze, "I think this will be good for everyone. So much happened at the palace and not much of it was good. This is a clean start and we can have all the races of the fae together and strengthen the magical links as they should have been by intermingling together. I know the Glen has chosen correctly." He felt his magical core glowing bright inside with ehr there at his side. His core reacted so strongly to hers, and it was exhilarating.

Morden noticed she was unusually quiet and tipped his head reaching for her hand. "Are you ok Love?" he asked concern etched on his face, "You do not have some hidden injury?"

Chastianna smiled against his lips when he kissed her, "Mmmm...thank you...that was nice." she said of the kiss. "You know...it didn't drain me very much...maybe because it was you. My core really likes yours." She blushed terribly because that sounded different than she intended coming out of her mouth. "I mean my magic core..oh gracious.." her face was flaming red, "I mean all of me really likes you." Her hand covered her mouth to keep herself from saying anything else but even the thought of things like that made her insides melt and zing in the most delightful way. she wanted to feel all those things with him, but that wouldn't be right...would it? But how could it be wrong? She loved him and he loved her...

Jasmine smiled at Varen,... "Yes. One of them. As you know, elemental magic is strong with me, but I hope it's useful in Malthen Ana. They already have a storm-caster, and she's really strong. But maybe I could help with controlling some of the damage it might sometimes cause.." She said thoughtfully. She didn't mind the slow pace at all, she was glad to be able to talk to Varen again.~

Rebecca blinked as Niald scooped her up quite easy as if she had weighed nothing! "Thanks- you seem stronger somehow." She told him. Then, another more intense shock off power ran through from her head to her feet, and she bit her lip, pressing her face against his shoulder. The dizziness soon overwhelmed her, and like a toal weak sissy, she found herself unconscious, embarrassed and ashamed of it.~

Laurana nodded in agreement. "The Glen was beyond wise, powerful and hated evil in its presence. When I lead the fae first to this place with the spell, I'd no idea how many people were already so hateful and cruel. I wish I'd seen some of their rude sides sooner..." She added with a sigh, running a hand through her hair. She calmed as their cores communicated to eachother; each adjusting their power levels, increasing their magic. She didn't sense anything new right away, so she seemed mostly unaffected so far.~

Claire smiled at Rook's understanding and hugged him back, gently. She knew he would tell no one, and appreciated his silence. Sometimes she did love her gifts; when she called the storms, her mind went soaring, and she felt so connected to the sky at times, it felt as if she could fly. Rook was fascinating, with his gifts and transformations. "Your gifts will probably still be of great use on Malthen Ana." She assured him. She was relieved he hadn't asked to see her arms. They were usually in arm-guards back at the palace. "I think your flying and looking around will be a great help.. to be honest- I would love to fly someday." She said a little dreamily, her troubles with people forgotten.~

Serena smiled at Morden, squeesing his hand lightly. "Yes. Just- listening to nature. It sounds like trees are talking. There's still many useful plants, I feel like I should gather at least a few." Mostly the ones that produced Aldin's lanaudum medicine.

Gavin grinned at Chastianna. "I like all of you too. Is your core changing too? Do you need a moment?" He asked in concern, seeing that she was a bit more electric-like in her aura.~

Nathan didn't notice his core at all, if he even still had one. But images of his dead wife and child haunted him as much as Alna did. Sometimes he -felt- as if he would see Melise...~

Varen smiled and reached for her free hand, "You will be very useful there. You always find a way to help. It's one of the things I love about you." He had no idea what he would do there, but he had a sinking feeling he was going to end up in the kitchen. he'd accept whatever the oracle decided though, and be useful to the whole of Malthen Ana with pride and diligence.

Naild was still trying to figure out where all this strength had come from when he realized she had fainted. He changed his grip and cradled her more securely close to his chest and continued to carry her. he felt like he could move a mountain at the moment. Weird. He'd ahve to talk to Morden about this.

Caden shook his head, "You only just joined us, everyone was showing you their best. how could you have known? I didn't even know and I've lived among these people all my life. People can be incredibly fake. It's a sad but true thing. I wish hadn't been true though for your sake and Serena's. You have to remember that not everything is your fault. Things happen and we move forward. I believe in you Love. Things will work out for the best."

Rook smiled a gentle smile at her, "I will hope you are correct." he said as they continued to walk toward the orc mountains, "You would?" he asked, "I could possibly make that happen if someone could fashion a saddle of sorts so you would not fall off my back. If you would trust me in that way I mean." he hadn't really every thought about flying with someone but it didn't seem like a bad thing to him, to have her hands touching him again. No, indeed it seemed like a win win to him.

Morden tipped his head, "Perhaps as we walk toward Malthen Ana we can gather them. Surely they will be along that part of the forest as well." They had this funeral to attend to and then they could turn their attention to the future and their new life. He was wondering about this oracle Jorga spoke of. He didn't remember hearing or reading about one so he was intrigued. Usually their gifts were called seeing, but an oracle was different, they saw vision and other things as well, so this was an extra gifted person.

Chastianna felt a bit different but nothing major. "I can't tell for sure. I feel a little stronger, but I really think that's just you. There's something about your core and mine that makes mine stronger. I'm not sure what it means but...that's what it feels like."

Aldin was still adapting but at least he wasn't feeling a constant buzz in every nerve in his body anymore. It was a longish walk to the mountains but not far enough to dull his pain on losing his dearest friend. The mountains were just ahead now and he was dreading this. It was his fault Mirq was dead.

Jasmine held his hand in her own, very hopeful for both of them having a decent spot in Malthen Ana! But she wouldn't worry about where she'd end up, as long as she wasn't separated too far from Varen. She diligently and most respectfully, continued to carry Mirq to his people. "You're useful too Varen. You'd make a great warrior." She told him.

Rebecca was flat out -unconscious-. It was one of those weird spells where she couldn't so much as make herself wake up. Something was going on with her core. Expanding, changing. It wasn't pleasant anymore, just kind of burning and sharp. That was the best way she could have described it. She wanted to wake up, to walk next to Niald so he didn't have to carry her like some burden... but there didn't seem a way out of that sparkly gold and rainbow tunnel.~

Claire smiled gently at Rook. "Come on, it's everyone's dream, flying. And just think how cool that would look, spreading storms on dragon-back. It'd be straight out of a fantasy novel." She said with a grin. Besides, that storm would spread faster and farther as necessary each summer when the droughts tried to start. So many people would have more crops and plant life would flourish. And true, she'd never ridden a dragon, of course she was curious what that was like!

Serena nodded at Morden's words. "Yes, definitely not right now." She agreed, her gaze on poor Mirq's peaceful face as the centaurs carried him along. This had been a truly awful day.

Gavin agreed. "Mine definitely reacts to yours. Like they're trying to tell us something." He shrugged, not as knowledgeable about cores as the other fae. He'd only had his magic for less than a week now, so he wasn't as confident.~

"I love and believe in you too, Caden, and hope you're right." She said, holding his hand as they walked on. Poor Mirq and Alna. She wished she had life-granting abilities. But then, maybe not. That couldn't be magic that would end well.

As Nathan wandered, he thought about his entire life up to now. Critiquing it from an outside perspective. Alna would have told him over and over that what had happened wasn't his fault. But he would question that. Losing three people he cared deeply about was more than a sadness. It was an absolute crushing blow to his morals, faith and anything he believed in about good vs. evil, that good found ways to win. How was good winning? Their home was destroyed, the evil sisters may be gone, but were they? If he ever found one he was going to wring her neck and possibly run his blade through their eye sockets.~

Varen gave a self-depricating huff of disagreement, "I doubt anyone would believe it given the recent turn of events and my lack of ability to protect anyone, or even train an efficient unit of guards for the palace." His pride and male ego were suffering under the onslaught of mental berating his mind was giving him. "But..maybe they have a place in their kitchen for another set of able hands."

Naild was totally unaware of her struggles, and he was lost in his own personal thoughts of how he was able to carry ehr so easily. Yes, he was strong enough to lift her and probably carry he a short distance, but she felt like nothing in his arms, not even as heavy as a piece of paper and he was not winded at all walking with her nestled there against his chest. He had no viable explanation for this, so he had to believe it was another part of his power manifesting itself, but what?

Rook chuckled a bit at her enthusiasm, "I suppose it is at that." he agreed and then tipped his head, "I think it might be interesting to see a storm from above it...we shall have to try and make that happen."

Morden gave her a gentle squeeze as they neared the orc caves of the eastern mountains. There was a lot of rubble and damage here as well and he frowned, "Perhaps you should start gathering herb Love...they may be needed here too." He didn't like how the side of the mountain seemed unstable and almost shifting as they neared as if the damage hadn't completed its cycle. He gave Caden a nod, "We better we careful...this looks dangerous."

Chastianna smiled, "They are saying we belong together I bet." At least that's what she wanted to believe and was hoping it was true. Even if not, he was hers and she wasn't going to give him up. She'd go back to the swamp first...if it was there...which it wasn't. things had changed so quickly...nothing she knew was there. She leaned into Gavin, the last familiar thing from before arriving here. "No matter what happens...I want to be with you. Everything is so different..." She bit her lip, "I wish I was as confident as everyone else about all this change."

Caden leaned into her and kissed her head, "Thank you Love." He too noticed the mountain looked different. The entrance to the orc caves was damaged and looked about to collapse and cover it over completely. "I agree. We need to secure that entrance before any of us attempt to pass through."

Jorga nodded, "I can do that." His hands lifted and another dome formed and held up the rubble above the entrance and then he stretched it to support the long tunnel beyond. "It should be safe to enter now." His hands stayed up, "But...I'm not sure how long I can hold it that way."

Tamsin went to her father and propped up one of his arms. "can someone help hold up the other?"

Jasmine tilted her head at Varens complete lack of confidence! She huffed, wondering why he belittled himself so much. Did he not see how strong and skilled, or how kind he was? Hed gotten hurt trying to find Serena, then even more badly injured saving her! She did not understand how little he thought of himself, but would do her best when they had time, to go over things with him. They reached the mountain cave however and she halted when they did.

Laurana gazed at the rubble and her worry grew. "Dont worry, I got this. But be careful going in, there could be aftershocks." Then, she used her ever strong telekinesis and completely lifted it out of everyones path as if it were cardboard boxes! Then she finished the repairs herself, using extra energy to get that done faster just so Jorga and Tamsin didn't have as much to do!

Rebecca finally stirred when they reached the caves. "I'm okay...Niald.I can stand now." She promised, wanting to see what she could do. "You carried me this far? I think your strength has grown." She added, smiling as she sort of sensed it in his core. She'd stopped glowing finally.

Claire agreed, smiling. "I'll have to ask Oracle about us teaming up, but I think since it'll be more efficient and less time consuming than me spreading the storms all day, she won't mind too much. I'll worry about the saddle part." She added.

Serena squeesed Morden gently back, then found a little out of the way place, a wall of all sorts of wonderful herbs; useful for Laudunum and other medicines, called to her. She soon filled her shirt pocket and jeans pocket, then rejoined the others for a respectful burial and to see if there were any survivors. She hoped no one else was hurt!

Nathan stayed silent, but went forward to the cave entrance, going in first. He couldn't see much at all, the darkness was so heavy. But then he illuminated it with his own pale white sphere of light and called out that it seemed safe enough to go inside.~

Gavin smiled as he kept an arm around Chastianna while they all started moving towards the inside of the newly repaired cave entrance. "Yeah, I'm fairly sure my healing powers have been the only things affected so far." He said. "I'm not leaving you. Don't worry so much... Come on, we've got to see if orcs can be saved. I'll heal as many as I can." He said, gently kissing her forehead.~

Varen stopped when he saw the condition of the entrance and lifted a brow. When Jorga cast his spell he looked at Caden, "We should hurry while it is still safe. I am sure we can get back out once we are inside."

Caden let his core feed Lauranna so she could help as she wished. he knew to try and stop her was futile but he knew as long as he was touching her, that her core would not drain and her energy would not deplete. He was glad for the millionth time that they were true mates and that their cores had joined upon marriage.

Nathan entered and the others followed. Once they passed through the long entrance tunnel they found a lot of devastation. most of the tunnel system had failed and they could see people buried everywhere.

Caden held tight to Lauranna, "I'll feed you energy, you can moved the debris."

Chastianna smiled and nodded, "We can work together." They were a very good team the two of them. She didn't feel like ehr power was anything compared to Lauranna's but she was starting to learn how to use it at least. They entered and she saw an orc near the large opening where they came in. He was barely breathing, and his arm was nearly severed from his body. She raced to him practically dragging poor Gavin, "relax...we are going to help you." She said hoping it was true. This was the worst thing she'd ever tried to heal.

Naild set ehr down and felt the extra strength leave him as quickly as it had come. Huh. interesting. "Maybe," he said as they entered the orc world. "Oh dear heaven..." he said looking around. He felt strength surge into him again and he began to move HUGE boulders off people without so much as a grunt before Lauranna got a chance to get to that area.

Rook smiled, "We shall see, but even if not we can try to get you up for a fly." They saw chaos inside the orc village and he began going into the spaces Lauranna cleared and pull people out into the open for the others to heal. He couldn't heal anyone but he could give energy and vigor to the injured and hopefully sustain their lives until they could be healed. He'd come upon a few that were already gone and after closing their eyes he'd moved to the next.

Aldin wasn't adjusted to his change yet, but in a crisis the man that knew how to help people definitely came rushing to the forefront. While everyone was helping to clear debris he went to the place Rook was depositing the injured and began a sort or triage system. Leaving the most injured for the healers and handling the less so himself. He was trying to make sure the healers didn't have to see to everything. He was tending to one patient and he knew they had to be in an incredible amount of pain from two broken legs and compassion filled his mind and heart. His hand rested on the rocks beneath the man and he wished that they were a soft bed instead and as soon as his hand touched the rocks it glowed bright blue and the rocks became a soft cushion full of down. He lifted his hand and blinked in awe. He knew there was nothing else he could do for the man so he moved to the next and wondered if he could do the same there. His hand touched the rock and again it became a soft cushion full of down. "Well hell...that's handy."

Jasmine nodded, and helped pull the cart inside the cave, what she saw inside made her heart bitter and her eyes weep. {Why Glen? Why these innocent orcs who couldn't possibly have done anything wrong?} She wondered, setting the cart down very gently at an accessible distance, then trying to find any orcs who were alive. She would help carry them to be healed, either by Lauranna or Gavin, since he seemed able to heal as well as Lauranna. Chastiana was getting very good at it too, she noticed.

Nathan was barely able to breathe in this cave. Having had bad lungs his entire life, he used a handkerchief to cover his nose and mouth from the years of dust, but he was helping. If any orc so much as twitched, he'd help heal them as best as he could, he hoped he found at least a few still remaining!

Lauranna nodded, but then smiled sadly at Caden. She continued working diligently, without a thought to herself. She wanted to go over and heal -anyone- that was hurt or suffering or still alive! "Are there any orcs left alive? If so please bring them to me or other healers." She called out, feeling useless, and so much despair that she felt tears leaking out of her eyes. She couldn't help it. The pain from seeing so much devastation made her feel like collapsing, but she didn't. She kept helping with what needed helped.

Gavin nodded, wincing at the terrible carnage all around. This made the swamp monsters look like teddy bears! He felt so sad as he healed the orcs who could be healed, and he didn't let Chastianna give him too much energy, because she needed it too, to keep up with the rest of the day, as terrible as it was going to be.

Claire found out quickly, she was able to heal. So her core had change just a bit! The storm magic was there, if not even bigger than before, and that worried her somewhat; but whenever she too found an orc holding on for dear life, she stepped in quickly to help. She wasn't capable of replenishing her own energy still, but that hardly mattered when lives were able to be spared! She was struggling to find orcs who were a live though, it was such a sheer mass destruction, that she was a little scared to be hopeful! "Rook- any luck ?" She asked, barely able to speak from the sadness.

Serena just helped in locating injured but still alive orcs, bringing them over to whoever was best at healing the poor things!

Rebecca was in horror at the devastation. Laurana had the cave looking more like their home once was in practically no time! She was so strong, especially with Caden by her side. She watched Niald move enormous boulders out of the way, as he helped Laurana so she didn't have so much to do! She meanwhile, searched the deeper part of the cave, away from everyone else, looking to see if maybe there was a terrified group huddling in fear, or any orcs she could carry back to be helped! She heard no one calling her to come back, so she continued on, even though little shakes would shift the ground now and then!

Varen left the cart near the entrance and began helping pull people from the areas that were cleared. Unlike Rook he brought out the dead as well feeling they deserved to be given a proper send off as Jorga had said. He found far more dead than alive and he too wondered why the Glen ahd done this.

The dozen surviving orcs were now in the center of the open area that Lauranna had cleared. So few. Once they were all healed, one orc stood. He was taller than the rest and seemed a bit more keen of intellect than most of them. "I am Zhavan, leader of the Orcs. Thank you for your help." he looked around at the dead and shook his head as he looked to the ground. "This is my fault...I should not have dealt with the dark ones." His chest heaved and then fell as the weight of his decision so long ago crashed upon his shoulders. "They promised protection and food. I should not have listened." He was smarter than the rest but he was still not intelligent. The sisters had taken advantage of his simple nature, that much was very clear to see.

Caden put a hand on the large man's shoulder, "This is the doing of two evil sisters. Do not blame yourself for their lies. You tried to help your people."

Aldin approached the leader, "I am Aldin."

Zhavan smiled, "Mirq's friend? It is good to meet you."

Aldin smiled, "And you, Sir." he said and then his face grew serious, "I am sorry to say that our friend Mirq is dead. He died a hero, pushing me out of the way of a crumbling palace spire."

Zhavan nodded, "To die a hero is all any orc could ask, and what few find. He loved you and spoke of you often. I am not surprised by this. I am sad but not surprised."

Aldin felt the sting of tears in his eyes, "He was a very good friend. Always kind and thoughtful. I will miss him greatly."

Zhavan smiled, "Thank you Friend Aldin."

Morden looked around and then backa t the leader, "What will you all do now?"

Zhavan looked at the new cave Lauranna had made and smiled, "We will survive as we always have thanks to you all and your help."

Jorga looked at the leader then, "May we help bury your lost?"

Zhavan nodded, "That would be an honor. Thank you."

Jorga lifted his hands and each fallen orc was encased in their own dome. They sank into the stones of the walls of the cave and little projections were seen at each place a fallen orc entered. They formed a beautiful pattern all around the large circular dome Lauranna had created. His hands finally dropped and sweat was pooling down his back with the exertion of the feat, but the result was stunning.

Naild felt the strength once more leave him as he watched Jorga. he would ask later, for now he'd just wonder. They had far still to travel.

caden bade the orcs farewell as did everyone else, with hugs and well wishes and they this time began following Jorga and Tamsin to their new home.

Chastianna huddled close to Gavin feeling bone-achingly tired in body and spirit. "That was horrible...I hope there is no more death to see..."

Morden gathered Serena close and followed Jorga. "If you show me what herbs to look for I will help you gather."

Rook walked over to Claire and studied her, "You overdid it again." he said knowingly. He peeked at her and lifted his arm and then stopped, "May I have permission to touch your?" he asked gallantly, "I can replenish your core...it is my only power and I would like to help you."

naild was falling in line when he noticed Rebecca was nowhere to be seen, "Has anyone seen Rebecca?"

Laurana breathed a sigh of relief when all their magic helped restore the cave and bring back some of the orcs to health again! She would never forget that sight, of so many dead. It still made her shudder to think something so catastrophic could keep happening any time. Laurana also promised Zhavan had done well, despite the sisters' meddling influences. He was a good leader. She said good bye to Mirq, and the others, but as they started to leave, Niald asked where Rebecca was! Oh crud.. She couldn't have gotten very far, hopefully!

Nathan was relieved that several orcs had been revived and healed, their cave good as new. But when Rebecca turned up missing he frowned again. He knew Niald would volunteer to find her, and he'd go with him to be safe. "Let's go find her, Niald, I'm sure if she went down this tunnel she wouldn't be far." It was the first time he'd spoken and volunteered to do anything really useful, but he'd not shame Alna's memory by wallowing in his misery. That would be later, alone.

Claire gave a brief nod of permission, cold and shaking, she'd never used more energy in her life. She stood slowly, spinning room not slowing down for a moment, "It's alright. Just be careful, if you touch my arms. They're always either numb, or sensitive." She shrugged. Most of the time the nerves there felt dead from how much she'd cut them. Other times like today, they were live wires. She let no one heal them however, as the faster access points allowed faster magic.

Gavin was just as tired, perhaps even more, when he gave Chastianna a little bit more energy to help them walk on. He made some conversations with a few orcs that thanked everyone for their help, and was about to leave when his sister ended up disappearing. "I'll look too. The sooner we find my kid sister, the faster we can go to our new home." He said. "I hope for no more death either, Chastianna, but.. unfortunately, it sometimes happens and we can't completely stop it. We can only try to prevent it." He said sadly, as he rose to his feet, and joined Nathan and Niald. Nathan lead the trio down the tunnel Rebecca had gone down.

Rebecca meanwhile, had found something at the end of a very long, earth-shaking walk. With total disregard for the dust that had fallen in her hair, or the scrape on her arm from a fallen rock, she pushed her hair back from her face. It was ... Hannah's tomb. A big, silver headstone, with black ivy-crawling all over it. She was repulsed, perplexed and scared all at once. Then, she heard footsteps! People were probably looking for her. Oh ... Nathan lead Gavin and Niald down to where she was just standing. The tomb seemed to hum with evil. If she touched it, something really horrible would happen either to her or those she cared about. But it was like a siren's song, casting a wicked spell around her. It told her she just needed to briefly touch it... but she fought it like crazy, staying well on the other side of the room from it! This was one of the evil sister's graves... how did it come to be here, and why was it revealed now? She didn't need visions to know this entire room, was not good to be in for long. But she was having a hard time making herself move. "Rebecca! Are you down here? Please answer! Did you find another orc?" Nathan and Gavin seemed to call at the same time. She coughed, then tried to make her voice work! "I'm down here! Sorry- I -was looking for more orcs, but I think I found something else I shouldn't have!" She cried. She was so scared she would accidentally fall on top of that tomb or the ivy would come to life, she made herself move back towards the other voices, really not liking that room!

Serena did gather plenty of herbs, roots, and even a few strange berries. She named them all to Morden, until her son, Nathan and Gavin all went down that tunnel to look for Rebecca. She was greatly worried!

Last edited:
Caden held onto Lauranna and waited for the others to join them. He didn't think Rebecca could have gotten far but then he kissed her and followed, "I think I better go too in case she got hurt, wait here love and rest." He darted down the tunnel and heard voices and as he approached the group he saw rebecca looking pale and ill at ease, "Are you hurt Sweetie?" he asked looking her over magically, "What's wrong?"

Naild felt the evil from the room as well, "What is this place?" he asked and then looking into it he read the headstone, "Oh no...we better get out of here right now." But then he heard Caden and wasn't sure what to do. "I bet the Glen meant to destroy this place."

"What?" Caden asked and then noticed the decidedly sinister feel of the place. Like Rebecca he too heard the faint voice trying to urge him to touch the casket. The voice in his mind was different though, it was soft and sweet. ~Oh my son how handsome and strong you have become...if only you had not been stolen from me...we would be ruling all of the fae world together...step closer so I may see you clearly...just touch the stone and I will be able to finally see my son~ Sadly for Hannah, her words not only repulsed Caden but they enraged his heart and mind. "Vile evil woman. I do not claim you as mother, and I would never rule or reign with you or be part of your nefarious plans. You have caused much death and destruction to our people, to the people of all fae life. NO...now you will lie alone in the cold earth forever where you belong." He moved the group back into the tunnel and as they left his magic sealed off the room, and once it was completely encased by his magical power he moved it to another plane where no one would ever hear her again. He moved them all out and back to the group and his face was still full of hatred and rage that he could not conceal but he put Naild and Rebecca with Morden and Serena and clasped Nathan's shoulder without saying anything else.

Rook turned and touched her arms under her elbows with the palms of his hands. His hands were glowing but it was difficult to tell since the glow was a pulsating grayish color and his skin was very nearly the same. He waited for his core to engage hers and then he poured raw energy into her until he felt her core pulsing back at his. He released her elbows but not before checking to make sure she was steady, "Better?" he asked watching her closely.

Chastianna sighed and made a face, "I know...but maybe just for the rest of the day? A little peace would not be too much to hope for...would it?" He ran off to find Rebecca and she waited. She was relieved to see them return but the look on Caden's face was not good. She frowned and looked at Gavin, "What happened?"

Morden had seen that look a few times and he too knew to let Caden work through it on his own. He'd been helping Serena pick herbs and was glancing back to see if they came back out of the orc mountain. He let out a relieved breath and touched Serena's arm, "She's ok." he said and smiled when Caden brought both her and Naild to them. "Are you ok Rebecca?Naild? He asked.

Aldin approached Morden as they continued on, now that the young girl ahd been found, "Forgive me for interrupting." he said as he looked at Morden, "While we were inside there...something odd happened."

Morden nodded, "I saw."

Aldin lifted a brow, "you saw the ground change?"

Morden nodded, "I did. I'm not sure how you accessed the magic but good job."

Aldin shrugged, "hell if I know...I just thought...I wish he could at least be comfortable until the healers get to him and next thing I knew my hand was gripped onto a cushion."

Morden chuckled, "Ahh ... interesting ... thought transference. Much easier than casting the normal way. It will be far easier for you to learn this way. excellent."

"Excellent he says..." Aldin was glad he'd been able to help a little but he was still more than a little freaked out by all of this.

Jorga looked at Caden's face as he rejoined his wife and thought for a second about asking what was wrong but thought better of it. "On to Malthen Ana then." He led them on for the rest of the day but when darkness fell, they stopped to make camp and rest. It had taken them longer at the Orc village than he'd expected so they could not finish the trek today, but would instead arrive before noon tomorrow.

"I'm okay. Glad to be away from there," Rebecca said, still feeling cold chills down her spine, like they'd gotten off too easy. She wouldn't wander from the group again that was certain! She ignored the stinging in her arm and hid her gash with her sleeve, pretending to brush dust off her sleeve. "Thanks, guys, I wouldn't have found my way out so quickly if you hadn't gotten there." She added, before rejoining the rest of the group. She would definitely never forget Caden's look of rage, a special hate for his dead mother. She couldn't blame him; even in death she was just too cruel!

Nathan nodded to Caden, also still in his zone of silence for the most part. He followed the others to the camp site, and would be glad to reach Malthen Ana tomorrow! He'd find his little role to play and live in solitude the rest of his life. He still wished that everyone would have left him dead with Alna though...

Claire was amazed as Rook sent that amazing energy to her! She felt she could heal twenty more people, and also cause a massive tornado if she felt like it! She shook that thought away, bad Claire, no playing with it! She scolded herself. "You're amazing Rook... I don't know if you felt it, but my Core spoke to yours, but I'm not too clear on what it said." She added, able to keep up with everyone til they got to the camp site. She settled in next to him when they got there, helping with the necessary set up things and even wished she had some sort of outlet for that extra energy burst! She supposed she'd need it for when they got home however... She could just imagine the faces people would make when they saw her again.~

Gavin brushed dust and rocks off his clothes and hair. "Yeah, everything's fine, love. I know- but peace must be won, or it's not anything lasting. When we get to Malthen Ana and figure out what to do from there... Rebecca found Hannah's grave site. She's pretty disturbed from it, and Caden's angry. Don't blame him really." He added, sighing. Had he seen a spot of blood on Rebecca's arm? If he had, she was hiding it. He yawned tiredly as they all set up camp.

Rebecca assured Morden and Serena she was fine, and Niald as well, but Laurana wasn't so sure. She kept her eyes on the girl for signs of her being magically messed with or even mentally. She'd been down in that tunnel for a long while. Laurana also checked on Caden and Nathan, as well as Gavin since they'd been there as well. Seeing the rest were fine...well as fine as Nathan was expected to be! She remained with Caden at the campsite, making sure everyone had a delicious dinner before bed time.~

Jasmine rested with Varen that night, thinking about how that horrible grave of Hannah's had been found. Errgh. No way would she have been okay with being there even for one second!

Naild held Rebecca close unwittingly helping her hide her injury. "even from a cold grave you could feel her evil." he said to Morden and his mother, "Caden sent her away somewhere I think...at least I hope he did." He frowned, "I bet that's why the orc village was targeted so strongly..."

Morden nodded, "I agree. It's unfortunate that Zhavan agreed to house her body there. They would have been completely spared otherwise." It was not lost on him how one small seemingly insignificant decision could affect so many things and people. His own had been costly and difficult. He watched Nathan and frowned. he had no idea how his brother was going to keep going. He looked at Serena and remembered how he felt not long ago about the prospect of living the est of his life without her and felt his heart constrict in pain. He could only imagine what his brother must be feeling.

Rook smiled at Claire, "My core speaks to everyone's core kind of...I can feel them and mine joins briefly with the other until I feel the other surging back at me trying to return the energy I am giving, then I know the core is fully functional again. I have never actually tried to understand what it is saying, never gave that a thought actually, but perhaps I will listen closer in the future and see if it is discernible." He walked with her and sat with her in comfortable silence throughout dinner. She looked strong again and he was glad. His power was not flashy but maybe it was needed.

Chastianna frowned, "Poor King Caden..." She said softly as they walked, "I do agree that anything that comes easy is usually not worth having but hopefully we get one peaceful night at least. I'm so tired." She made it to the campsite and ate but once she had hot food in her body she had a hard time keeping her eyes open. "Sorry everyone..." she said and gave up, leaning her head against Gavin's shoulder and closing her eyes.

Jorga and Tamsin agreed to stand watch. It had been a long day for them, but not as emotionally draining as what the others had gone through.

Varen nestled down with Jasmine and held her close, "Sleep well Beautiful." he whispered as he kissed her cheek. He was a very private person and not willing to make a show of their relationship in front of everyone, but he wanted her to know he was glad she was there by his side all the same.

Rebecca curled up in Niald's arms. "It just makes me so ...horrified that such evil could still be out there, in another time line, or for all we know- maybe Malthen Ana has enemies too, but I think of everyone, those sisters were the worst." She said, voice hoarse from sleep deprivation. Her arm didn't hurt, so she didn't ask for healing. The healers would all need to save their strength since they had a long walk to Malthen Ana. "Sorry- everyone, for slowing us down today.." She added, and then was promptly out, cold.~

Nathan didn't doze, but he sort of gazed at the stars, the trees surrounding them, bitterly thinking how life could go on all fine and dandy, no cares at all since they were leaving one world for another. He wasn't too sure all of Malthen Ana would be welcoming; not that he knew much about it. He eventually drifted off to sleep, his expression one of self-hatred and loathing...he'd probably find a way to end himself, which was a small consolation when he thought about it. He didn't have to continue this charade forever.~

Lauranna curled up asleep in Caden's arms, whispering sweet nothings in his ears to help calm him down as much as she was able to. She knew seeing that grave had upset them all. She hoped it would be less memorable in the morning...

Serena desperately wished she or someone in that group, could do something to help Nathan! He looked more and more miserable by the hour, so lost and alone. And she remembered as Morden did, how close they'd been to losing eachother that terrible day. She didn't want Nathan to feel so burdened by such despair.

Gavin soon fell asleep as well, too exhausted for more words. He let Chastianna use his shoulder for a pillow; and he fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.."Night, Chastianna. Love you... " He said, smiling just a little.

Jasmine nuzzled Varen. She knew he wasn't a publicly affectionate man, but it didn't bother her. She didn't want to ever crowd him or make him feel like she was too needy. She was still an independent, strong centaur woman, but she still loved that Varen was alright and still by her side. "You too, handsome." She whispered, soon out like a light. She just hoped that stupid nightmare or any other bad dreams would not plague her.~

The night passed with everyone sleeping as the King and his daughter watched over them.

Tamsin spoke softly then, "Are you sure about this father?"

Jorga nodded, "What choice do we have? They are brothers and sisters to our race, we cannot turn our backs on them, especially knowing they were as harmed by the sisters as we were...even moreso I'd say." He looked at the few in the group, "Even without the Glen's intervention their numbers were few. We have fared far better than they." He turned back to her, "No, this is the right thing."

Tamsin nodded, "But...what will the rest of Malthen Ana say?"

Jorga leveled an even gaze at her, "If they are wise...nothing."

Morning came and the day was cloudless and beautiful. A warm, gentle breeze flowed and carried on its wings the scent of lilacs and lavender. One by one the people awoke and greeted the new day with varying degrees of uncertainty and hope.

Jorga called to them all, "We are only two hours from home...let's eat and ready ourselves."