Laurana was up early, she'd baked plenty of delicious fish, having gotten up in the middle of the night and actually -caught- them herself. It was the closest she'd felt to being back on Earth she'd gotten to in a while, and honestly it helped her keep things in perspective, somewhat. She was glad they'd be going to Malthen Ana; but she too, was a little cautious about it. Tamin and Jorga had talked a while into the night, discussing things, and she wanted to be useful, but not drain her magic that much today if it could be needed elsewhere. She also made cornbread, sweetened with honey, and made sure there were plenty for everyone even before anyone else had opened their eyes.

Jasmine woke up, feeling rested and more at ease during the night. If she had a nightmare, she didn't remember it. She woke up and went to wash up in the stream before starting for their new home.~

Rebecca opened her eyes, feeling better from yesterday, and her powers were stronger than ever just from a good night's rest. She yawned a bit, and sat up, twigs and leaves falling out of her now-golden highlighted red hair. Weird. She'd changed appearance slightly again. She smiled at the sleeping Niald, and quietly made her way over to share the water with Jasmine. "Sorry... just washing face and hair a little." She explained. Jasmine smiled. "No worries. River's deep enough to swim in." Jasmine said, frolicking just a bit as she managed to clean her hair and tail with ease. Rebecca smiled and just turned slightly so the centaur had a little privacy, while she checked on the gash. It was clearly dust-covered, and possibly infected, but it wasn't bad as far as wounds went, so she simply washed and rinsed it out before returning to the campsite, getting tangles out of her hair.

"Morning, Morden..." Serena said sleepily, nudging him awake. She hoped he hadn't had any bad dreams. And that they'd see their new home soon.

Gavin woke to find Lauranna cooking a lot of food for them, and extras to take with them on the road he assumed. Everything certainly smelled and looked delicious, so he gently woke Chastianna, figuring she'd be hungry soon as well.

Soon Claire had fallen asleep, but Jorga and Tamsin both knew to wake her if ever they needed rest, she would have covered for them. She would definitely wake up soon to Rook beside her, sleeping so peacefully she just smiled and let him rest.

Nathan sighed, kicking himself for being such a sad emo, and knew Alna would want him to keep going. To participate. So he got up, made himself more presentable, then plopped next to Laurana and helped her cook the large breakfast for everyone. "Good to see you this morning, Nathan.. You holding up alright?" She asked. He shrugged. "As good as I can for now." He assured her, finishing the rest of the cooking.

Caden knew Lauaranna loved to provide food for everyone and he wasn't about to stop her this morning. He was staying out of the way and mulling over his own thoughts about finding his mother's coffin in that cave. Why had she chosen that place? What purpose did that have, What significance? His mind was full of questions and doubts and fears and uncertainty. Were they leading these battered people into a worse situation than before? they didn't know Jorga or Tamsin, but he couldn't see any other logical solution to their problems and the Glen had been very explicit about its wishes. Still doubts plagued his mind. He smiled when addressed, and conversed when spoken to but inside he was full of turmoil.

Varen woke and went to help Lauranna as well. he'd come to believe this was his new lot in life anyway, being a cook. He didn't feel able to be a warrior any longer. He felt emasculated and feeble. He'd have to content himself to being at least useful. "Good morning Nathan, Lauranna...I hope you both rested well."

Naild woke to find Rebecca gone and shot up frantically looking around for her. He went to his mother, "Have you seen Rebecca?" he asked not seeing her in the immediate campsite.

Morden kissed Serena and hugged her close before sitting up and then helping her to stand, "Why does sleeping under the stars always seem so much more refreshing...even with the backache that goes along with it?" When Naild approached then he lifted a brow, "Sorry no...but we just woke up...maybe check with Lauranna?"

Naild went to where they were cooking and asked, "Have you seen Rebecca? I woke up and she was gone..."

Tamsin heard the young boy and smiled, "I saw her go toward the river, she is probably cleaning up a bit. I am sure she is fine."

Naild nodded but ran toward the river anyway. When he saw here there his heart finally settled and calmed. He sat down and dragged a hand through his hair. Little black dot danced before him and settled into words ~calm down~ ants. "Bossy little things you all are."

Rook woke when the sun streamed through the trees overhead. He squinted a bit and saw Claire looking at him with a smile on her face. "Forgive me Claire," he said sitting up, "Have I overslept?" He took in a breath of the food cooking and closed his eyes. "something smells good...shall we go and see what it is?" he asked as he stood and offered his hand to help her up. "I cannot say I have ever eaten as well as I have since making my way among these ones. I dare say I shall have to take care lest I grow fat and lazy."

Chastianna felt a gentle nudge and her long lashes fluttered open. Seeing Gavin a warm smile broke across her face, "Good morning..." She stretched and let out a very kitten like purr. "We had a peaceful evening," she noted, "I think we all needed it. Did you sleep well?" she asked and then cuddled close to kiss him.

Laurana managed to get the entire camp a good breakfast! It was buffet-style too, which meant everyone would be able to pick what they wanted, and take extras with them, she'd left plastic ziplock bags for that reason. She smiled at Varen. "Yes, it was peaceful out here." She said, handing him his breakfast. She could empathically tell how Varen felt, and shook her head... "We're all so self-doubting...we really must stop. Onward into the unknown, Varen. Strong and confident. You are not a failure- I know you don't believe me right now; but you need to believe in yourself. Jasmine loves you so much; and you've been a wonderful help to all of us here." She said to him with a small sigh. She wished she could offer Nathan comfort, and be there for Caden as well. She sent her core to his, enveloping him in a warm hug; soothing as much of his emotional hurt as she could get to!

Claire just stood to her feet and helped brush off his leaves and twigs that clung to his back! "Thanks, I slept great. I don't ever see you getting fat or lazy. There's plenty of rigorous exercise in Malthen Ana though if you'd like to try them when we get there." She added, accepting her food with thanks.

Rebecca blinked when she got out of the river. Jasmine had long gone back to the campsite to see what needed to be done. "Sorry Niald. Had to get rid of the dust... and that horrible chill I still had from yesterday." She added, helping him to his feet. "Didn't mean to worry anyone. We should go back." She added smiling as she was ready to have breakfast. She didn't understand why she kept wandering. .. but she definitely needed to stop that. Being alone right now was probably too dangerous anyway. She didn't think about her new powers much, except when she saw a tall log in the way, she wanted it to be something else. She concentrated, and suddenly, it became a shiny gold coin! "Okay. Weird...how did I do that? That's more Lauranna's thing..." She said, a little spooked.~

Gavin definitely felt better, especially after he'd gotten his and Chastianna's breakfast. The fish was tender and delicious, as was the cornbread. There was extra for them to take with them as well, so that was a plus! "I did, the ground was comfortable. And you were too..." He said, smiling as he kissed her gently.~

Serena helped with the clean up duties when they'd all began filling up on the good breakfast, still wanting to be useful since Laurana and Nathan had both cooked. It made her feel more at ease being busy.~

Varen smiled at her, "Thank you for your kind words Highness. I am trying." That was true. He was trying to accept change, and the possibility of a lesser role than he was accustomed to when they arrived. He wanted to be able to accept whatever role they assigned him with grace and pride and a good attitude.

Rook smiled at Claire as she brushed him off, "Thank you." he said and went with her to get some breakfast, "Thank you all for making breakfast. It smells wonderful." The Dragon side of him, was very happy to see the fish and the human side of him was drooling over the cornbread. he moved away from the food and held Claire's food while she sat and then sat next to her. "I am looking forward to seeing your home, it sounds beautiful and seems very organized." Not that Caden and Lauranna were not so, but their numbers were greater and everything seemed to be so perfectly in line. He'd been very impressed by the golden army as well. he was curious and excited about seeing everything in person.

Naild stood and smiled at her, "it's not your fault, I'm just being a little overprotective." Of course she wanted to get the dust off. They were about to meet her family. He felt like an idiot. He saw her change the log and he tipped his head, "Maybe that's going to be your new power...are you still seeing visions?"

Chastianna blushed a bit, "I am?' she asked as she accepted the plate and sat up again. "You do know how much I love you right?" she asked as she leaned against his shoulder. What would she do without him? What had she done before him? She couldn't even remember her time without him in the swamp when she'd been alone and afraid. He made her feel safe and cherished without even trying. Something deep inside her needed him. he was like the air in her lungs and the blood in her veins.

Morden sat with Nathan as everyone cleaned up. "You know Alna is always going to be with you, right?" He said gently, "She's only gone if you let her go." he lowered his head and wrapped an arm around Nathan's shoulders, "Don't give up on me Nathan...I've done without you all this time...I couldn't bear to lose you again when I've only just got you back." There were tears in his eyes and his voice was slightly choked as he spoke. He felt like he was watching his brother die right in front of him.

Caden was helping take up the tents and other remnants of the camp trying to stay busy physically so he could keep his mind occupied. He could feel Lauranna's core reaching out to him and he sent her the same warmth back as he worked.

Within a half an hour everyone had eaten and the camp was being cleaned up and within an hour they were once again walking toward their new home. The beauty of the day did much to lift spirits and make the journey much more pleasant, until they entered the valley where the original village of the Golden lie in ruins.

Jorga gasped when he saw it. he'd expected it to be destroyed but seeing it took his breath away.

Tamsin stood and looked at it in shock. "I didn't believe it...I was hoping you were wrong..."

Jorga nodded, "As was I..." They made their way into rubble of what was a soaring city full of people and businesses. It was easy to identify the places where buildings had once stood. There were no people visible and there was no sound of anything. It had been a whole day. Anyone who might have survived would they still be alive now?

Tamsin looked around as tears filled her eyes, "Can anyone sense life? hear it? Anything?" She wanted to dig everything up to be sure, but she knew such effort was most likely wasted.

Naild felt a weird humming in his magical core. He looked at Tamsin and crouched down and dug his fingers into the ground and closed his eyes. His 'friends' were 'speaking' to him. They were looking for him and reporting as they sent messages between themselves. His head whipped up and he ran to a building to his right. "Here..someone is alive..." he began throwing huge hunks of the building as if they weighed nothing.

Caden watched him and blinked, "When Did Naild get super strength?" he asked as he moved to help him.

Tamsin was digging even though she had no idea where or who. She didn't care...whoever it was deserved their best effort.

Lauranna nodded with a smile for Varen. "All we can do is try." She agreed, making everything about packing easier for everyone, and then moving to help Caden. His mind was so far from her she could only see and feel the turmoil there. When they moved out from the campsite however, she simply held his hand as they walked.

Nathan had eaten sparingly, only a little of the fish. He just couldn't stomach much right then. But Morden went to him, and talked about never letting Alna really go...and he just tried his best to hold in more tears. He wanted to lash out at something- anything!- He wanted to flee from people and never be seen or heard from again. But then, he couldn't do that... that would be insensitive to what Alna stood for... "I just miss her. So much... I'll never see her smile. I'll never get to bake for her, or help her with her visions.... I'll never stand by her side again in any situation...She's always in my heart Morden, but I'll never have her with me. All I can do is keep going until I'm on the other side with her..." He told him, knowing Morden felt the same way about Serena. He prayed nothing would hit his brother this hard. He felt like the cursed sibling, to be sure.."If I had been a lot faster that day..." He sighed.

Rebecca watched Niald throw things like they weighed no more than wadded paper again. "His core has super-strength, and all forms of animals/creatures are likely to befriend him and listen to him when he says anything. Even the ants sometimes form words to talk to him." She said, able to reveal anyone's core to them, or at least their magic abilities. No, she had no more visions, but she didn't miss them! She'd hated how migraney- and sick she'd felt after them. But now she was hoping the person burried really was alive, and they could be healed.~

Laurana stepped up to Niald as the person underneath was soon uncovered...and gently brushing off the extra dirt and rubble, she took extra care in healing whoever it was that Niald had found. Obviously a golden, but she certainly hoped there wasn't anymore destruction to be found in Malthen Ana! She began to heal swiftly, taking away whatever damages had been caused during the blast. And waited for the unconscious person to wake up.~

Nathan came closer as well, wanting to help whoever had been trapped under the rubble. He helped Laurana carefully brush dust and dirt away from the golden fae's face and hair, puzzling over who this might be.

Claire and Tamsin were both horrified at the mass destruction...they prayed everyone else was safe in Malthen Ana!

Caden gripped her hand once the work was done and they were on their way again. He sighed, "I'm sorry Lauranna...I know I'm not being very helpful or supportive. I'm working through it..." he didn't want to burden her with everything he was feeling and worried about because of the baby and how she worried on her own anyway, still he felt bad about leaving her out of the process. He just didn't feel comfortable talking openly where anyone could hear. All he could do was hope she understood.

Morden held onto Nathan's shoulders squeezing tightly, "None of us were fast enough Nathan...it's not your fault. Direct your anger in the right place at the sisters. They are to blame for all of this." He sat with him quietly until they left and then walked near him with Serena on his arm just so nathan would know he was near. There really weren't any words for this kind of grief and loss, all he could do is be there.

Naild was moving things in a purposeful manner because he DID know exactly where the man was. He lifted the final boulder that revealed the man beneath. Naild threw the boulder and instantly the strength left him. He motioned for Caden.

Caden leapt over some boulders and was there instantly and knelt by the man and though Lauranna had healed him, he didn't know it so he checked him over as well. The man moaned softly and then his eyes fluttered open before he squinted against the sunlight. Caden moved to block the light and gripped the man's hand to help him sit, "How are you feeling? I am Caden. You are?

"Ellisar..." he chocked out and accepted the hand, "You ...are not a golden..."

Caden shook his head, "No. I am a dark fae, and my wife Lauranna is a white fae."

He scooted back from Caden, "Dark? what do you want? Why have you come after all this time? Are you going to kill all of us now?"

"Kill you? Why would I kill you? We just went to a good deal of trouble to unbury you and heal you."

Ellisar looked around wide eyed and full of panic until he saw Jorga, "You are with the king?" he was very confused. Had they not gone to kill all the dark fae? With the entire Golden army?"

"We are. Well...the few of us that remain at any rate." he replied and then stood, "Do you think you can stand?"

"Ellisar nodded, "I believe so." He accepted Caden's hand but it was obvious he was not at all sure he should.

Naild crouched down, and touched a small beetle and nodded a thank you before it scurried away. He left Caden to his work and went to Rebecca. "You know...I"m not sure it's my core that has that strength...I think...I mean I know it sounds crazy...but I think I can use my friends' abilities for short periods of time when I need them. Ants and beetles are very strong for their size, and bees are fast...I think they lend me things..."

Jorga made his way to ellisar and furrowed his brow, "What the devil were you doing top side?" he asked in a very accusatory tone."

"We felt the earth quake, and I came up to see what the damage was...we thought it was over..."

"But you were wrong obviously."

"Obviously," Ellisar agreed.

"We have assigned stations in crisis for a reason Ellisar. where is Barret?"

"He did not return, so we ..I...came to look for him."

Jorga frowned. Surely Barret had not died in this calamity, that was his right hand man and wisest advisor.

Tamsin heard Barret's name and began to look around for any sign of him. There would be no missing those long blond locks of his...surely this was a mistake.

Ellisar saw Tamsin looking around and frowned, "He is there..." he said pointing to the building across from where they found him.

Naild knelt again and dug his fingers in the ground. He waited and 'spoke' to his friends but when their reply came back it was not good, "There are no people alive there..." he said softly and sadly.

Chastianna stayed close to Gavin and was surprised when Naild only searched in one place. Whatever his ability was, it was pretty handy right then. Only one person alive. How horrible. Tamsin looked stricken. as did Claire and Jorga.

Rook wrapped an arm around Claire's shoulders, "Are you ok?" he asked gently, "I wish I could do something...say something...I am so sorry."

Laurana understood, and was definitely carrying far too much stress for the baby's safety. She didn't feel she was helping enough- she hadn't prevented any further deaths, and more seemed to keep happening, though she was thankful Ellisar was alive and now, she helped heal him of any wounds or discomforts, but distant-Caden still made her heart ache. All of this devastation made her heart ache... {I'm sorry, my child. I don't know how we're going to be able to raise you as a family. I'm sorry, if I bring you into such a chaotic, destructive world where evil seems to win, all the time.} She said to her infant. She prayed he'd be born eventually, in better circumstances. But now, it didn't look well at all. She saw the pain on Tamsin, Claire and Jorga's faces, and knew nothing could be right again.~

Nathan thanked them, but the loss of even more Golden Fae was truly distressing. He murmured a prayer for the lost souls, hoping that in their next life, they'd find more peace than the living ever seemed to. He stood to his feet, and kept it together, if only for the sake of others' losses. Serena gently touched his arm, knowing how he felt- had felt when she'd lost Robert years ago. Being with Morden really was the only thing that had revived her. She hoped silently, that he'd find another reason to live as well.

Rebecca was surprised at Niald's explanation. Borrowing strength and other animal-traits? That was definitely something to admire. She looked over at the fallen Barret, and noticed the usually fierce Tamsin had tears streaming down her face. Tamsin felt like utter -crap-. She'd liked him, had had many a secret date with him; but never got around to telling him just how much she liked him before they went on their mission to rescue the Golden siblings. Now she wished she'd never left. How many people could she have actually saved by remaining here? Not that many, maybe- but she would be alright with having died trying!

Claire nodded, tears welling in her own eyes at the loss of their kind, so terribly ruthless! "I hate those sisters. If I see them in any time line or here, I will pursue them, and burn them to ash with lightning." She vowed. She couldn't stand the pain anymore. So much loss in less than a few days. So much destruction. "I want to see if everyone in Malthen Ana's okay..." Claire added, seeing her sister half-blind with tears, she realized then, Tamsin had been close to Barret.~

Jasmine breathed out, slowly. Her heart thudding at the sight of such loss. She gazed over at Ellisar, he probably wouldn't like centaurs either, so she kept her distance from him, staying close to protect what remained of their group instead. None of them looked like they'd be happy again. No matter where they went. And then she saw how ash-pale Lauranna's face was becoming and frowned worriedly. Even she knew a pregnant woman could handle only so much chaos and despair before it started affecting the child. And she was at a highly sensitive stage.~

Gavin held Chastianna near King Jorga, knowing there was not much they could do for the poor fallen man. "I don't understand, King Jorga... were there no magic barriers around this place? Or alarms of some kind?" He asked, his own throat tight. He was trying to figure a way to stop this from happening again, if there was a way.

Last edited:
Caden understood the man's ill ease totally. If the only contact the goldens had ever had with dark fae were Helena and his mother then he expected that to be the normal reaction all of them would have to see a dark Fae walking among them.

Jorga, as if sensing Caden's thoughts clasped his shoulder firmly, "I am going to apologize for my people before they have a chance to offend you. They have never seen a dark fae, except for the sisters. So their thoughts are full of fury or fear, and little else. I cannot spare you their reactions but we can together show them that every kind of fae is meant to be good and that the sisters were not typical of your kind." he looked him in the eye and studied him, "Are you prepared to do this?"

Caden nodded, "I can handle their reactions. I hope my behavior has proven to you that I am not like my mother or father."

Jorga smiled, "It indeed has and it will not take the people long to see it as well. As the Glen said...it is time for us all to live and work together and rebuild our ranks without hatred or power struggles in the way."

Caden agreed, "Well said."

Ellisar watched the king with the dark fae and marveled at how easy the two were together. This made no sense at all. He moved to tamsin and was about to ask what happened when he saw her tears. Tamsin shedding tears. His jaw dropped and he stepped back from her and went to Claire, the only other he recognized, "What happened? I thought you took the army to kill the dark ones...why do they live?"

Rook looked at the man and lifted a brow, "Kill us? Why?"

Ellisar blinked, "You are a dark one as well?"

Rook smiled a very gentlemanly smile and bowed, "I am indeed. Prince Rook, son of Helena." He had no intention of hiding who he was, from anyone. He wanted to prove he was not like her and the only way to do that was to have people know who he was. "Claire has been delighting me with tales of your home, Malthen Ana. I am quite eager to see it."

Ellisar blanched but recovered quickly. "Forgive me but I very confused and definitely not of full understanding of what has transpired while you all were away." He looked up the ridge, "And where is the army?"

Varen moved closer to Jasmine and wrapped an arm around her, "Do not dwell on it. Soon we will be safe at the protected home and this will all be a distant memory." He hoped he wasn't lying. They all needed to see something good before this day ended.

Jorga looked at Gavin and sighed, "Indeed it had magical barriers and alarms, but nothing of that nature will ever be effective against the will of the Glen. The Glen gives us our magic, and so its magic is far stronger. This was the place the sisters came to destroy us. It was here they stole you and your sister from us and it is the only place they knew we lived. So the Glen took this city from us, just as it took your village and the black swamp. I see cruelty in the Glen's verdict but I also see wisdom in it as well."

As they spoke a shimmering light could be seen approaching them. A woman dressed in a long flowing gown of purest white, wrapped about the waist with a golden braid walkedwith such grace that she did not seem to even touch the ground. Her hair flowed in a golden mass of waves and curls down her back and nearly touched the ground. As she came nearer her face was one of perfect porcelain beauty, with the reddest lips bowed slightly below a pert nose. The most striking thing about her was her eyes, pure white, with no color at all and though she could obviously not see, she walked with confidence to the group.

Jorga bowed his head, "Oracle...you..."

She smiled, "Never leave my cloister. But this is a special day...one I have seen many times and have anxiously awaited." Her otherworldly gaze moved across those of the group until they settled on one and a sharp intake of breath was heard, "Nathan..."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana still looking pale and grim, moved to stand by herself, a little apart from the others, letting them decide how to handle things, and how best to get back to Malthen Ana. She heard the oracle arrive however, and was surprised she knew Nathan, but from the look on her poor uncle's face. . .he was instantly recognizing her!

Claire looked at Ellisar a little on edge. If he wanted a fight and to be prejudiced she'd come out swinging! "Yes, This is Prince Rook, his mother was that vile Queen Helena. She tortured him for years, trapped him in a dragon form, and now he's free of her, and quite her opposite." She vouched for Rook, remembering how much he'd helped her these past few days alone. Tamsin looked at Ellisar, and fought to regain her composure at least to stop crying. She hated tears from herself, and considered them a personal form of weakness. She brushed them aside, and faced him. "Berrat was a true friend of mine. Had I not gone along.. I might have been able to do something for him or prevent some of these damages." She added bitterly. Claire glanced at her... "No, you couldn't. The sisters were powerful, unmerciful and intent on only one thing- destroying everything in their path. You know that." Tamsin scowled spitefully, her eyes flashing as she took a step towards Claire... almost in one of her hair pulling and slapping moods! "You don't even understand, little blonde fluff. All you do is control storms. That's it. It's a stupid talent, and makes you cut your arms every time. That's right Rook.. should see them sometime. She never admits it, but she cuts them and then after the storms hit the idiot doesn't get them healed." Tamsin was at bursting point. She knew she should stop, but there was just no way she wanted to accept help from Claire! "And she's had only one boyfriend before you, Rook- one! And he ran away when she went to go send rain to the crops. He looked at her like a freak and ran. So don't get all stupid goody-good on me Claire! I'll rip out all of your secrets and feed them to the ones who hate you." Tamsin caught herself then and stalked off, really enraged. She didn't so much as care at how Claire felt after that. She wanted to go home and not see people for perhaps a long time.

Claire was left shaking. She almost didn't -want- to go home to Malthen Ana, knowing her secrets were just... thrown out there, in the middle of all the already- non-stopping pit of despair, she knew Tamsin had sometimes harbored resentment and even fury at her sister, for whatever reason.. It wasn't like she'd deliberately not gotten herself healed after every little cut. But did Tamsin really have to throw it back in her face about her -once- only boyfriend on Malthen Ana? Who got scared of her? "I'm sorry.... I need ... a moment." She said, walking away from the others, back towards the river, not too far, but out of everyone's sight for a few seconds. She knew Jorga would probably shout Tamsin back in line. But Claire wasn't even in line anymore. She was exposed as the useless Storm-Caller she'd always felt herself to be. Still, they needed to get home, and once she emerged again, she stayed in plain sight, not wandering off, just following everyone else's lead.

Nathan could not believe his eyes. He didn't hear what everyone was bickering about, nor could he pull himself away from The Oracle... "Melise..." He breathed, his eyes huge, seeing that she was blind, with both eyes completely white. Yet she was so beautiful and graceful, as if she felt every step before she took it. She was thin, too thin- but she was beautiful and sweet as ever he remembered before she died. "How... this has to be a trick..." He said, his throat closing. He couldn't stand anymore if this was a trick...

Serena stared wide-eyed at Tamsin's furious berating of her own sister. "Why would you say such things, Tamsin?" She asked quietly. She hadn't missed all the weaknesses of Claire being opened up like dirty laundry on a clothes line. "Do you think you helped her by saying those awful things? I don't think I'd talk again if I were her. . . Already she shares some similarities with me." Serena paused. "Bullying outside the palace, it's more serious than it probably looks, Tamsin. And for not healing her arms every time? It means she's brave, and more than willing to give up her own personal safety for your people. Why would you shun her?" Serena prodded, not harshly, but wanting to see them patch up their obviously shaky relationship. Tamsin couldn't answer.....

Laurana was wincing at that argument to be sure! She hoped Claire would recover from such words; but she turned to King Jorga.. "Should we go now, King Jorga? We can take Berrat and see he has a proper burial.." She added, solemnly.

Gavin winced at Tamsin's words, but he then felt even more awe-struck as Nathan seemed to find his wife again, right before this Oracle!

Rebecca held Niald's hand lightly, still quiet and observing anything, though she did not like at all how harsh Claire seemed to be treated! Too many flashbacks of what Serena endured went through her mind and she was uncomfortable.~

Jasmine remained watchful...but that Tamsin was really crossing a fine line with her! She scowled.~

Morden blinked when he saw the oracle as well. His gut wrenched, he had no idea how his brother would handle this. there was no mistaking Melise. Her beauty was not something that anyone easily forgot, even now with her eyes white in blindness there was no way to deny the exquisite beauty of her face and the grace of her form.

Ellisar winced at Claire's berating. He was saying all the wrong things, but he was honestly confused. And then Tamsin lit into Claire and be winced even harder. Tamsin raged off and then Claire separated herself from everyone. He looked at Rook, "I am sorry. I do not mean to offend, I am just...very confused...I am missing a few hundred pages of this book..."

Rook smiled and nodded, "I believe you are, and I am not offended. My mother was a horrible person. You are not wrong to mistrust me. In your place I would be doing the same. Think nothing of it. I was there for all of it, I can fill you in if you trust me to do so."

Ellisar nodded, "Please do. I would not like to offend anyone else unnecessarily."

The Oracle stood and looked directly into Nathan's eyes, "I had seen your arrival but I dared not believe you would remember..." She took a step closer and reached her hand for his face, and it would seem she could see though she obviously could not. "This is not a trick. I was left for dead here among the golden. An ancient healer saved my life but I did not remember anything, not my name or my past until a week ago when I saw the vision of your arrival." her hand fell, "Had I remembered...I would have looked for you."

Jorga frowned and stormed after Tamsin, "Halt!" He called and rounded on her when she did so. "You will apologize, though it will do little good now. your own pain does not justify the venom of your words. I am ashamed of you today." And he walked away and back to Lauranna. "Do not trouble yourself Queen Lauranna. We have people who will see to that...we need to make our way to Malthen Ana." He was irritated and shocked to see the Oracle, and to have her speaking in such a familiar manner to someone. She had always been so separate and formal with everyone including himself. he'd attempted to woo her once, and only once. he was immediately shot down. "Please...everyone....follow me home." His hands held up and a round dome appeared and the inside of it looked completely different than what surrounded it. "Step through the door and into Malthen Ana."

Chastianna couldn't believe how cruel Tamsin had been and she gripped Gavin's hand and shook her head. "What was that all about?" She looked at Claire and frowned. She didn't see Claire's ability as useless. She could see many uses for it and ways for it to make life easier.

Naild held Rebecca's hand and watched the blind woman approach Nathan not sure what that was all about. "Do you know the name Melise?" he asked her, "I've never heard anyone speak of anyone named so before..."

Laurana nodded, and spoke briefly to King Jorga about Nathan's first wife, who apparently was here before him again! She felt her spirits lift again somewhat, at the sight of her uncle finding his true love, before he'd met Alna... And followed King Jorga into Malthen Ana.

Nathan felt his heart trying to stop beating almost a second later, raced crazilly again, he felt numbness turn to one of pure disbelief yet pure joy. "I'm so sorry, I would have been here sooner. But I am here now, Melise. I am happy you have a place as an oracle.., but is there anything that could cure your blindness? I would take that from you if I could." He added, his pain becoming less. He thanked Alna, wherever she was, feeling as though she'd guided Melise back to him, as if to prevent further torment.

Tamsin halted and immediately felt ashamed of her outburst. It wasn't Claire's fault people hated her, and not her fault she wasn't truly -able- to get the marks healed once she was done. She looked for Claire to apologize too, but it wouldn't be any good, Jorga was right on that... She followed behind him, and Claire brought up the rear, still too defeated to want to make much contact with anyone. Her face was a grim mask and her eyes had gone dark. She simply did as she was told and marched with the others to Malthen Ana.

Rebecca walked with Niald, shaking her head in bewilderment at Tamsin's behavior. "Is that... sibling rivalry?" She asked, having never really seen much of that kind of thing.

Jasmine walked with Varen, but did manage to catch up to Claire a moment. "None of that was true, Claire. I too have elemental magic, sometimes I feel it's not always helpful, and certainly not as strong as your lightning and rain gifts. I've only met one other person who had that gift." She refused to elaborate though. Claire thanked her solemnly as she walked with the Centaurs, bringing the rear up, and encouraging Nathan to walk with the Oracle ahead. "It's not that... what she said... wasn't all a lie... I -do- scare some people in Malthen Ana. I have had only one boyfriend... and.. I don't remember to get these healed, because it's simpler to just reopen them as we need more storms to prevent droughts." She shrugged helplessly. "Sometimes when Tamsin is hurting, I'm the closest one to lash out at. I shouldn't have said anything to her about Barret... they were very close." She added, feeling just as guilty.

Serena followed Morden in the line as they walked, keeping her herbs and other ingredients tucked neatly in her pockets. Nathan found his wife! That was a truly wonderful ending for such a bitter day!

Jorga answered Lauranna's questions as best he could, but none of them knew anything about Melise except that she'd been left here to die by Hannah. Even he hadn't known she had a family elsewhere. All of this was news to him as well.

Naild looked at Rebecca, "I don't know...I've never had a sibling...but if that's what it is...it makes me kind of glad I don't have one." He was following Jorga through what looked like a portal of some kind, but he wasn't exactly sure. "Nathan seems very glad to see that lady, whoever she is..." He wondered what would have happened if Nathan had arrived here with Alna? Would they still be married? Were they married in the first place? He couldn't remember. Were people allowed to have more than one wife? Surely not, one seemed like plenty enough to him.

Varen listened to the golden, "If they fear you then it is their own fault for not taking the time to learn about your gift. As Jorga said, all the gifts of the Glen are meant for good. Your prevents drought and keeps the food growing to help feed everyone. How can a gift be more important than that?"

Rook was trying to decide how he could best help Claire without intruding on her solitude. He ended up walking close by but not close enough that he could touch her. He was rather new to this whole thing, and he was far out of his element in dealing with a woman. He liked what Varen said though and smiled.

Morden walked with Serena, "Nathan looks like he is in shock...in a good way. I am sorry Sovalna is gone but for him to have Melise...nothing could have been better than that....nothing." Well with the possible exception of finding Melise and their daughter. But he didn't see her anywhere.

Melise smiled comfortingly, "How could you have known to come?" her question a reasonable one given the nature of the place that she had been living. Not even the sisters knew of it, so how could anyone else? "Time has been good to you Nathan. You are as handsome as I remember, and those blue eyes are still as clear as they were...but I see shadows and sadness as well." Her brows knit closer together for a moment as she saw into his soul, "so much pain and suffering...I am sorry...sorry you lost Sovalna." Her voice was clear and sure as she spoke, though knowing he's forgotten her stabbed at her heart in a way she hadn't expected. She hadn't remembered him, but she knew that there was someone. She'd never doubted it for a moment, and so she had waited. And then from another place deep inside him came her answers, "You thought I was dead..."

Chastianna followed Jorga holding tight to Gavin. As they entered Malthen Ana he eyes widened in wonder and she couldn't decide where to look first. "I don't know what I expected, but this is far beyond that...."

Tall buildings soared high above within the dome that was surrounding the city and keeping air contained within for the inhabitants. there were trees and plants, and even grass just like you would find above ground. This was like a huge scale terrarium for the golden fae. The air was slightly thick, like in a rainforest but not unpleasantly so. People were bustling around busily until they saw Jorga emerge from the portal. Then suddenly everything stopped.

Jorga held up his hands, "Pass the word...everyone is to meet at the city center in fifteen minutes!" As soon as the words left his mouth people scattered in every direction. Jorga turned to them and smiled, "shall we make our way to the city center? we will have plenty of time for a tour afterward." He was trying to appear happy and at ease but he was nervous about this. He had no idea how the people would react, or if they would even accept the others at all.

Laurana was struggling to keep up, her stomach -hurt- terribly for some reason. "No, no child.. too soon for you. Wait another month at least, please." She pleaded with her son, but the agony only increased. She tried her best to keep everything together, but with constant fears for everyone's safety, the depression she felt of losing both Alna . .and apparently Caden to his distance; she was one step from collapsing. She looked deathly white and tried to stay near the shadows as they traveled, keeping silent and conversing with no one at all.~

Jasmine agreed with Varen. "If you'd like Claire, I'd love to help see if you can channel some other things- or has it always only been storms?" Claire smiled just a fraction. "Sorry. Storms only. I've tried other things; sometimes I -can- make a small fire appear, or gusts of air. But not as frequently or as often." She sighed apologetically. "I will gladly work on the storm control though- and see perhaps if I could use them eventually for more than crops and taking care of everyone's food supplies." She agreed. She smiled at Rook, lightly holding his hand a moment. She was already the outcast so to speak, of Malthen Ana- she cared not what they all thought of her being with Rook, though of course she'd have to ask King Jorga's permission!

Tamsin fumed silently all the way back to Malthen-Ana, knowing she was in biiig trouble, especially with King Jorga and his lady-friend Theresa! The elf woman had a tongue lashing for anyone she noticed being rude to Claire! She did feel bad however, having lashed out at her own sister like that. She would refrain from speaking a while, until they'd both cooled down. She wasn't really trying to be deliberately nasty; but Claire could be... overly understanding and sweet at times. And Tamsin felt that was part of why she was bullied.

Rebecca walked with Niald, Morden and Serena, staying close together as a group. She didn't know where all to look either! Everything was stunning! The buildings alone were absolutely breath taking...golden, two-three or five storied homes; and then the palace itself- huuuge. She was a bit overwhelmed!

Gavin felt as his sister did; shock at first, then puzzled with wonder as he gazed all around him. The air was humid yes, but breathable. He saw some of the other golden fae and paused a moment. . .Hang on. Serena and Niald looked like them as wel! How? He squeesed Chastianna's hand gently.

"I never forgot you or our child, Melise... and for a time I was held by the Douglas, as punishment for trying to avenge her. . .but to hold you again, to see you for the first time since that terrible day I thought you'd gone; more than makes up all the pain and bitterness... it's like a dark cloud is lifting. I never want to part from you again. But I will work with your people's customs and let you decide my fate..." He said, kissing her gently.~

Caden was lost in his own world of fear and uncertainty. This was not something he was used to feeling. He was a very self assured and strong man, but at the moment he felt as if everything he knew was a lie and everyone he'd trusted was different. He was lagging toward the bad of the group near Jasmine and Varen and Nathan and the Oracle when he noticed Lauranna seemed to be walking strangely and trying to stay hidden from everyone. That was never a good thing. What was she hiding? He moved with purpose toward her and scooped her off her feet. Touching her would allow him to scan her without needing to speak. "I'm not sure what you are..." he stopped mid sentence when he realized what was happening. "No no..." He was trying to stop the contractions. He was having no success on that front so he began to scan their son and found him to be perfectly formed but very small. His lungs were not strong, but he should be able to breathe... his mind was frantic, and he couldn't speak while his whole consciousness was focused on their son. his ind spoke to hers since he could not physically speak aloud. ~Try to relax...he is not going to wait...he...seems strong...~

Varen gave Jasmine a hug. he loved that she was always ready to help people in any way she could. There was something amazing and empowering about her and he was grateful to have her. "Your power is enough as it is Claire. everyone has their part and their strength...no one needs to be everything."

Ellisar walked near Rook and was astounded at all he had learned in the brief moments they had conversed. "so the Sisters had been terrorizing all of you as well?" He was a dumbfounded by the tale and the horror of all of it. He had to believe there was more that they did not know, and he was wondering who would be able to relate it all. he'd find out everything, that was his nature. He heard the King call for a meeting in the square and he ran ahead to set up the voice magnification equipment he'd created. He needed to check on Tamsin as well, but he didn't think she was ready for anyone to speak to her yet.

Naild was afraid that once they arrived here his power would be useless. He didn't expect that there would be any insects or animals below the water but he was wrong. There were all kinds of nature crawling and walking along the soil here. It was a marvel to him. He leaned closer to Rebecca, "There are bugs here..." He probably was the only one who was excited about the fact but he was. He hadn't noticed that he resembled the other goldens in coloring and look. he was too excited about the beetles and ants being there.

Chastianna blinked, "Gavin...these are your people...look..." his ears were similar and his coloring even the shape of his brows were similar. She gave his hand a tight squeeze and then gasped, "Look at the palace....oh...it's beautiful.."

Melise felt his lips and her hands held tight onto his arms. All of their life rushed back to her in fast forward. It stole the breath from her lungs, and when the kiss ended she felt unsteady in every way. "You have nothing to fear here...there will be no punishment...indeed there is nothing to punish. We have all suffered at the hands of the sisters and others. Now is the time for new beginnings..." her face clouded then and she turned from him, "Our grandchild...he comes too early..." She said and then grabbed hold of his hand. "We must find them..."

Xavier heard the call to meet in the square and saw Ellisar setting up one of his gadgets. He began the process of scanning the area and setting up a safe perimeter. He saw Tamsin storming forward and wondered what was going on. he intercepted her, not fearing her ire or mouth, "Why do I sense dark fae in Malthen Ana? Are we in danger? What have you done?" He didn't mean her specifically but the entire group that had ventured forth in search of the lost children. His dark eyes bore into her like daggers. He was a huge guy, over 6'7" all muscle and covered in runic tattoos that enhanced his natural abilities.

Laurana was lost in Caden's arms; her heart rate sped up, her eyes dialated; she was trying not to scream from the agony of her son demanding to be born right then and there! And now this scary-guard fellow was yelling at them! That was not helping her one bit... She clutched Caden, scared for both herself and her son. "But will he be alright? Caden..? If his lungs are weak, will he not need an incubator of some sort? And oh-- I don't want to give birth here, in the open..." She flushed, her embarrassment obvious. Would the guard deny their entrance despite King Jorga's wishes? She closed her eyes, and almost fell unconscious from the pain of holding her son back! <Stubborn lad... I love you, but this is possibly the worst situation for you to be born in- the exact kind I was warning about.> She said, shuddering. Her body felt cold with chills, despite the warmth of Malthen Ana.

Nathan hurried over protectively to Laurana and Caden, helping Melise there as well. "Could someone calm this guy down? Laurana's already started labor because of all the stress and hell we've undergone, and she may very well end up having to give birth right here in the open. I'm pretty certain no one wishes to see that particular secret of nature." He added, a little on edge. His grandson... he knew he'd be happy to meet him- they all would. This would be a very well loved baby princ- or...regular child, here in Malthen Ana; but the queen's condition wasn't looking too good. He placed a hand on her forehead. "Clamy...Contractions will start soon." He told them, letting her squeese his other hand.

Jasmine smiled, hugging Varen back! She always felt safe and loved with him. Claire smiled. "Yes, true... oh- oh no. Laurana's in labor.." She said with a gasp, seeing Nathan and Caden protecting her. She looked like she was in absolute pain. ...

Rebecca smiled at Niald's enthusiasm; indeed there was a lot of nature flourishing for them all to explore! Except now was definitely not the time. She stared in amazement- and worry, as Xavier marched over to them all, looking outraged, then worried greatly about Laurana's safety and getting a hospital or nurses room for her to get a safe delivery! She marched up to the man, not even breaking eye contact with his scariness! "Halt, soldier. Obey your king! We're trying to get through- my adopted mother is in labor. Or do you fancy witnessing that right here? No one is dark or evil here, so please stop that prejudiced RIGHT Now." She added, a little aggressively. Sorry and all, but she wasn't going to let anything happen to her adopted brother!

Tamsin almost broke a smile at Rebecca's tenacity. Woah. No one had ever started or finished a fight with Xavier like she just did. Not even her! She breathed out, once, then took Xavier to the side, in a most-un Tamsin like, calm manner, briefly went over with him every thing that had happened in the Glen, as well as the city above them, and how many people had already died from the evil sisters. "So in short- forgiving mini-fire ball here's temperment,- " She gestured to Rebecca. "We've accomplished our mission of retrieving the golden siblings, but the ones they bring with them are not dangerous. So please don't start anything. I've already messed up with Claire today." She added. "And Laurana's about to lose her water..." She added a little green from that.

Caden continued to focus on the baby and Lauranna ~he will be fine...he will be small but he is strong and a fighter...his core is so bright~ his voice was tender and calming in her mind. ~Relax and let it happen, I will get you to a safe place~ He was monitoring everything with his healing powers keeping her blood pressure and other vitals steady for the baby and for her. He didn't even give that gruff guard the time of day. The dude could bite his ass for all he cared, and he dared him to try to do anything at this moment. he'd find himself plastered to the side of this dome like a fly on a piece of tape.

Xavier saw the woman in labor and he still had his guard up and then the little spitfire blasted him and he blinked. She was obviously a golden but who was she. Tamsin grabbed his arm and dragged him away, but his gaze was still back on those dark fae. "You are keeping me from doing my job.." he said as he glared at her. He did listen to Tamsin and he kept looking at the people and then back at her, "That was one of the lost children?" he asked of Rebecca. "This is what the king intends to say to everyone?" he asked and when she nodded he jerked away from her, "Then I need to do my job. This will not go well..."

Varen saw the guard and he stood his ground without flinching. There were very few people that could intimidate him. Even as tall as Xavier was Varen was still a bit taller and his gaze challenged the guard. His Queen was in need of a safe place to birth her child and he wasn't going to let some hot head prevent that happening.

Melise touched Lauranna's face, "Daughter...calm your heart and mind...your son will be well...he is destined for greatness and he is to be the beginning of things of the future for all fae....fear not...only believe..."

Naild blinked at Rebecca's suddenly turning into a lioness and getting in that guard's face. He hugged her tight, "That was amazing!"

Jorga ushered Lauranna past Xavier and into a small open room at the base of a large spire. "This is a chapel and you will not be disturbed here." He gave them an apologetic look, "forgive my guard. He takes his job a bit too seriously sometimes." He left the four of them there and led the others back to the square.

Caden looked at Lauranna, and his mind spoke again, ~Love...make yourself a soft place for me to lay you down.~ He waited and then laid her down on it and held her hand. He was glad for Nathan and Melise's presence knowing they would talk to Lauranna while he concentrated on the delivery and keeping them both healthy.

Rook was staying quiet and trying not to do anything that might set someone off. He knew that these people weren't easy with dark fae, and he didn't blame them. He looked at Claire, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

Laurana thanked King Jorga before he left them in the chapel. She did as Caden and Melise told her, glad she and Nathan were there as well! She began to calm slightly as the others faded from sight, left outside. She breathed deeply, holding Caden's hand tightly, but trying not to hurt him. She had herself in a hospital gown in no time, and was simply trying to follow instructions, and listen to her son's needs at the same time. She rested against the bed she'd created, and a hospital-like atmosphere with everything they needed for stabilizing and caring for both her and their son. "C-Caden listen... " She said, breathless as her water suddenly broke. She didn't scream yet, but they were certainly building in the back of her throat. She brushed his hair from his face.. "Y-you don't have to choose who to save, if it ever comes down to it. I want our son here, no matter what.. " She gasped again, the painful contractions really starting to get worse! Hours passed, and she wasn't handling this kind of pain well at all! If she'd been on her own world, she'd have chosen C-section or a lot of numbing things!~

Meanwhile outside, Rebecca hugged Niald back! "Sorry. I just can't handle anymore people getting in our faces right now with so much going on. I hope Laurana and her baby will be fine." She added, squeesing her hand and waiting to see how other people would react to them as well!

Tamsin leaned lightly on one foot, but walked back with Xavier so he could do his job. "Yes, Rebecca and Gavin are our lost Golden Fae. Rebecca's had kind of a fake mom... and she wasn't at all nice to her, and that same woman, left Gavin to rot in the swamps." She shook her head. "The people will get over it and be nicer or I may smack some of them." She added. Malthen Ana's inhabitants could be as unkind as some of the white fae had been to Serena. But surely not -that- bad... She kept an eye on Claire and Rook. "I already worry about what our father will think of Claire getting so close to that dark fae. Chastianna is Laurana's half sister and she's also half dark fae... It's all confusing." She sighed.

Nathan remained in that chapel with Caden, Laurana and Melise. Everyone focused on keeping both the baby and its mother stable and well, but the little lad was a bit stubborn! He was hurting his mother without meaning to- and then suddenly got caught around the umbilical cord on his way out! Laurana gave a piercing cry, and her eyes were almost -black- from dialating in pain! They were all trying to keep her physically numb with magic, but there were just some things that couldn't be helped!

Claire wasn't budging from where she stood with Rook, the centaurs, and Aldin, she wanted to keep a special watch over all three, sensing they'd be opposed the most. She was also a bit worried for Chastianna, but she trusted Gavin would not let anything happen to her, and so stood waiting for the meeting to be called to order.

Jasmine stood beside Varen, alert and watchful as well, occasionally glancing at the chapel where the new white fae prince would soon be born! She hoped everything was alright! But she knew they'd need no disturbances unless someone called for help....

Caden shushed her still speaking to her mind as he focused on her care ~You are both doing well...I cannot dampen your pain and keep everything else under control ... forgive me...~ He saw the cord wrapped around the baby's neck and moved it out of the way with his healing allowing him to move further down the birth canal and get things moving more speedily. She wouldn't have to endure much more since he was small and would be able to pass through the birth canal easier. ~Not much longer love...stay strong~

Melise could hear Caden reassuring his wife and it touched her heart. "He is a good man...you chose well Grand daughter..." She could see his dark fae core and she knew who his mother was but she knew much more than this as well. She was not worried at all. "Do you know how special your son is?" she asked to distract her from the pain, "He will be the first child ever born to parents of differing magical cores...such things have never been done but now...from this day forward...love will lead where it will and cores will mix and the fae will grow strong again. All because of the two of you."

Naild smiled and hugged her again, "I know, but I have never seen you so passionate and sure. It was great to see it. I told you this was where you belong." he looked around then at the people who had started to gather and noticed a few similarities between himself and these. "You look like them." he looked at his mother and tipped his head a bit. They did as well, but that was impossible.

Varen was watchful. he heard the guard's words. he didn't believe this was going to go over well either, but he didn't think their venom would be directed at himself or Jasmine. he saw some elves and other races as well, so they accepted those kinds. It was the white and dark fae among them that were in danger. he would defend them to the death if necessary.

Rook moved closer to Varen and Jasmine, "Do you have the same uneasy feeling I do?" he asked. He wanted to be sure it wasn't just his overactive imagination.

Jorga moved to the platform and began speaking. He told the people everything that happened while they were gone. There was wailing and screams of agony at the news that every member of the army was now gone. Wives, children, left alone. Accusing eyes fell to those standing near the king. "These are not responsible for those deaths. They have been victims just as we were." He spoke loudly, even with the system that Ellisar created to be heard over the tumult of the crowd's growing frenzy.

Xavier cursed and had his men gather around the other fae to protect them from the mob, "Disburse!" he barked taking threatening steps toward people, only to have them throw things over him at the people he was blocking from their view. A growl left his throat and his voice raised above the speaker system and echoed shaking everyone nearby, "ENOUGH!!" His abilities were well known. He could scan your powers, and thoughts were he of a mind to, but he could also harm your mind if he chose. "DISBURSE!" he said again and the people murmured but did so, lest they invoke his anger further. Once the people were gone he turned to the people that had arrived with the king, "You are in danger...follow me to the palace."

Jorga was frustrated and angry. He allowed Xavier to escort them all to the palace and lock them in. "I am so sorry...I did not believe this would be the reaction of them...I thought they would hear the truth." He looked almost broken by all of this...

Laurana did give a scream of pain, once her baby's head started to crown! She was pushing as much as her smaller, frailer body would allow! Her hips weren't exactly the widest, but everything kind of unfocused, even for all the magic everyone poured into her. She gasped, drenched in cold sweat. She gave another bone-cracking, agonized push, and for once her son cooperated! He slid out of the vaginal walls, wet, but screaming loudly from being cold and exposed. Quickly, Nathan cut the umbilical cord, washed off the baby with warm water, and swaddled him securely in a bright blue, small blanket. He cradled the lad's head and only when he was back in Laurana's arms did he settle down! Laurana had blacked out during the incredible strain of birth however; wondering why this world didn't even have morphine! She shuddered after he was out, and hoped she hadn't lost too much blood . . .but how thin she felt, how far away,...it was possible she might need a blood transfusion. "Thank-..you." She said, staring at her tiny baby, his fingers, toes, and pink skin completely healthy despite being born early. "He's beautiful...Caden. Has your eyes." She felt fainter by the second, but was still a very proud, new mom! "I'm glad he has both our cores. He will be a powerful fae in this new land. He will need it...sorry... so.. tired...Please watch over him? Or should I feed him now?" She asked, a little worried he was so small still. She loved holding him however, and kissed his forehead, before closing her eyes, not even remembering falling asleep. She still felt very cold.~

Claire at that moment, could not understand how people were so easily blinded by superstitions and false knowledge. She'd known a few dark fae among Laurana and Caden's group and they were positively charming! She stared at Rook, then watched Xavier guard the others and get them to the safety of the palace. What she was about to do was no less than a sacrifice of sorts- but she wanted them to know who they had been dealing with- who it was that saved them from starvation regularly during the long hot summers, and know her other side, was not about to be bullied. "Rook, see that Xavier and the others remain unharmed, please. I need to be alone." She added, bitterness in her throat. She smiled at him though. "I promise- I'm only going to scare them, not cause real harm." Though people were getting downright hostile, throwing rocks and even shards of glass, or knives towards her! She took a rock to the face, blood gushing from her right cheek. Thankfully Tamsin was already inside with the others, and her father was safe- everyone else was as well. She unrolled her left sleeve; revealing 60 long gashes, lacerations, and what looked semi close to burns from when the electricity rose a little too hot inside her. Her hair was unbound, softly waving as the gold lightning bolt highlights revealed themselves in the bright light. "You all need to go home! Think how the Glen of the white fae was destroyed, by cruelty and dark energy. You might meet the same fate one day!" She called out, then, without thinking, dug her dagger out of her boot, and slashed her arm open from wrist to elbow, holding it above the ground. "From this day forward- you will not talk badly about the friends we brought here from the Glen! It was not them who caused that destruction, but the terrible sisters! Now, go before I unleash a tornado after all of you!" Several more people yelled obscenities at her, throwing heavier rocks and even one older man, threw a brick! She dodged it, and shook her head. With a loud cry, she let the blood hit the earth, and instantly, the skies swiftly darkened. Because she was controlling how much blood hit the ground- only a few drops- it would be a very mild rain storm! But they didn't know that. Finally, the crowds left her in defeat, cursing all the way back to their homes. She sagged a little against the tree while lightning blasted through the dark skies, and rain soon fell. The winds picked up, causing the air to become very cold. But, she rolled her sleeve up again, after staunching most of the cut. Fury still reigned through her, however, and instead of going directly to the palace, she went and patrolled, making sure no idiots would be lingering outside.~

Jasmine and Varen were pretty much herded into the palace along with the others. They'd not seen such cruelty since Serena had been hurt and left for dead. They had hardly expected that sort of behavior here at Malthen Ana! "Trouble in paradise... it happens everywhere, King Jorga. We'd no idea people here would react this badly to the dark fae, and to poor Claire. Wait.. where is Claire? Has anyone seen her?" Jasmine asked, looking mostly to Rook or Tamsin. Tamsin shook her head. "Oh- no. I think she's out, trying to stop the crowds. I thought Xavier had scared most of them away, but some may have lingered. And she's still out there-" She rose immediately, having felt really awful about that earlier morning, and grabbed a spear. "I'll go look..." She added, unable to meet King Jorga's or anyone else's eyes, she hurried outside, and immediately saw the pelting rain. "Crap." She stumbled a bit on the wet ground, but followed the foot prints Claire had left. "CLAIRE!" She yelled- then saw the blonde haired girl standing against the tree close to the palace entrance. "Claire- are you nuts! Those people could be back any moment! You scared them good, but I know they've harbored a lot of hate... come on, please come back inside.. I'm sorry I ran my stupid mean mouth earlier..." Claire laughed, but it was a chilly sound. "Those people can come back. I'll send bolts of lightning after them and really give them something to start on me about." She rolled her eyes. Tamsin sat next to her sister on a boulder. "Listen- Claire.. I never told you this; but I guess I should now. We have possibly made enemies of the once-loyal dwellers of Malthen Ana. I really... never meant to cause you such grief that morning. I know I still need to atone for it, and I will, but. Since you're the only storm caller that we have, you're definitely a needed person. I know I sometimes pick on you and give you crap; and usually we have a nice banter, but I realized just now how stupid and how selfish I have been towards you. Claire, if you come back inside, I promise, I won't let a single other person bother you like they have been. I will scan their souls and let hem cringe at themselves for hours if I have to get them to stop hurting you."

Claire was shocked. She hadn't expected this at all from Tamsin, and simply hugged her sister. "It's alright. Most of what you said earlier -was- true. I am a total outcast and probably will be a really hated person even more now. But if it means keeping those people off your backs and our fathers and family and friends- then I'm glad I did it. I'm used to being the brunt of hate. It doesn't scare me anymore. I just wish they weren't so. . .stupid. About everything." She threw her mind into the sky then, letting the dizzyness hit her hard but not caring as she called out to the swirling, building storm. (Thank you, wonderful skies! You did your best- and now you may sleep again until we need you. Thanks for always hearing my call.) She said to the thunder and rain. Almost a split second, the skies cleared, bright and sunny again. "I know. .. we really need better villagers." Tamsin agreed with a sigh, helping Claire to steady herself. They both walked back into the palace. Claire found herself a towel and dried off as best she could. She could do nothing for her arm however. "Is everyone alright?" She asked when she rejoined the group. She sighed, seeing her father looked very sad. . . "I'm sorry dad.. I may have made it worse,... but they weren't leaving." She told him, ready to feel his wrath this time...

Rebecca followed the group into the beautiful palace of Malthen Ana right behind Niald, Morden and Serena. She was still worried about Laurana, but very glad Xavier was escorting them back to safety! She looked at Serena and saw her face was sad. . . "I'm sorry Serena... it seems bad, prejudice people are everywhere..." She said, feeling small again. Serena shook her head. "No- and I'm sure they all felt justified in their reactions, the people there... but if they don't ever learn to accept new people, then we're right back where we started in the Glen.." She sighed, flashbacks of her own bad encounters roiling through her mind from that crowd's violence. And the shock of Claire's bloodied face made her heart ache.

Jasmine trotted over to Claire, immediately astonished at how badly the girl looked! "Claire- where is your room? I will get you there, and Chastianna- would you mind healing her up a bit? Just so she's not likely to faint?" She asked, looking over at her and Gavin, worry clear in her eyes.

Tamsin made Claire sit down, as she practically looked dead on her feet. "Im fine.. really- I'll clean these myself and stay out of further trouble." Claire protested.

Caden tended to Lauranna's post delivery needs. He healed her body and filled his with his magical energy which was compatible with hers in every way. When she fell asleep he smiled and lifted their son from her arms and cradles his tiny head in the palm of his hand. "he is so tiny...but look at him.." His heart filled with wonder and love. He saw Melise looking on and handed the baby to her, "Would you like to hole her Gramma?"

Melise smiled and accepted the tiny bundle, "Of course," she said with a trembling smile. she kissed the tiny forehead, "You will be blessed and loving,a beacon of hope to many, my little grandson." her smile was full of love and acceptance. She reached up and touched Caden's face, "Thank you..." This was not like having her daughter back, but a part of her was back and she'd be forever grateful for that precious gift.

Rook tried to stop her but he was pushed into the palace by the big guard and Claire was gone from sight. They didn't need protection, he likely could have scared the lot of them by transforming. He doubted any of them had a dragon form, and his was pretty impressive if he did say so himself. He hovered near the door trying to hear what was going on and keep as close as he could to Claire. He heard the lightning and he knew what she'd just done to create it and he began pacing. Where was she, what she was doing? Was she ok?

Xavier growled and stood at the palace doors, guarding the others and preventing anyone else from leaving and barred the door behind him once Tamsin and Claire were safely inside. He followed them and looked at Claire, "have I done something to make you think I cannot do my job?" he asked in his deep almost earth shaking voice, "Am I so weak I need your help?" He drew in an exasperated breath, "Do not endanger yourself in such a way again."

Rook moved over to her and frowned, "Are you well?" he asked knowing she probably was not fine, "do you need a healer? do you need energy?"

Jorga flicked his hand at her comment, "They cannot touch us within these walls, and if our royals are going to be so small minded they can find another place to live." he said in a rush of angry sentiment, "If they CAN find anywhere else to live that is...let them build their own city. We do not need people here who are not going to move forward in unity as the Glen has ordered and as our seers have seen. I am done coddling the masses."

Chastianna came near and smiled, "I would be happy to heal that...it will be no trouble at all." she wasn't going to do anything without Claire's permission.

Morden frowned, "sadly small minds are nothing new." he was glad to hear Jorga's words though. They had plenty of royal blood right here in the foyer of this palace to rebuild the fae race. "Maybe they will see reason with a bit of time to watch our acts instead of focusing on the color of our core or skin."

Jorga shrugged, "I had hoped they would and this is what we are met with...I have no intention of giving them a long rope in this matter. I will present the choices to them, and so be it."

Naild stayed close to his family still marvelling at how very similar to the goldens they looked, but he didn't think this was the time to ask about it.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie