Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It had taken quite a while, but finally, the majority of the group were all together inside the Inn. Everyone was tied up with their own conversations, so for the time being, Eric just sipped on his drink and listened to what was being said. Risk and Tallulah were the first ones Eric noticed, talking about some sort of fan club and holding each other's hands. It didn't take Eric long to tune out their conversation, the whole interaction making him far too uncomfortable. As for Cluade and Rae, who now sat one seat away from him at the bar, they idly made small talk until the drinks Cluade had ordered arrived.

A small grin came across Eric's face as he turned his attention back to his drink. The once dark and dreary lobby was now filled with life. Everyone was having a good time it seemed. Being in such a happy environment almost made him forget what had transpired earlier that day. His grin quickly dissipated as he inevitably played though the entire scene in his head...the women's thrashing...her screams...her arm breaking...Eric hung his head in slight depression, blocking out the loud noises emanating from the lobby. His vision started fading to black, lost in his own dark memories. Seeing his trainer in personal distress, Akio hopped off of Eric's shoulder and landed on the table in front of him. The young Pikachu placed it's tiny paws on Eric's arm, shaking him softly.

"Squeeee -- (Are you alright?)"

After the third or fourth shake, Eric finally snapped out of his trance-like state, looking around to find the source of the disturbance.

'Oh, it was just Akio,' Eric thought to himself as he made eye contact with the yellow rodent.

The young Pikachu stared up at him with a concerned look, worrying about his trainer and friend. Eric was generally upbeat, but he realized it must have been pretty obvious something was bothering him if Akio had taken notice.

"I'm ok," Eric said with a weak smile. "Just a lot on my mind is all."

Akio looked down at the wooden counter top, empathizing with his trainer. Eric sat still a moment before bringing his hand up to Akio's head, slowly petting him from the tip of his nose down his entire back. The young Pikachu smiled, leaning further into Eric's hand, enjoying the feeling of being loved on.

"Promise, I'll be fine."

As he pet his Pokemon, one by one, Eric started to characterize the various people in the Inn. Kamon was a bit of a hot head, but he seemed genuine and courageous. One thing was certain, the bond Kamon shared with his Pokemon was very strong. It reminded Eric of how he was with his own Pokemon in a way. Whether they stayed together after everything was over or not, Eric was confident that the two proud males would become very close friends. The next person that he turned his attention to was Tallulah. Now there was an interesting character. The spit-fire, pink-haired girl seemed very spunky, although she was clearly self involved. What was under that tough exterior? Was this who she truly was? The thought excited Eric, making him eager to find out the answer to his questions. Risk was up next. Talk about an odd-ball. The effeminate male had a very eccentric personality, further personified in his choice of Pokemon. The small boy owned Pokemon that Eric had never even seen before. If there was one thing Eric could expect from Risk, it was the unexpected.

What about the thin and malnourished thief who now sat in the corner with his back against the wall? Up to this point, he was the only person not to introduce himself or interact with anyone. Eric couldn't really put his trust into someone like this. For the time being, Eric would keep at least one of his eyes on this mysterious character. The only two people left that Eric hadn't yet characterized were Cluade and Rae. He knew quite a bit about Cluade. His valiant personality and uncontrollable rage really worked against each other, leaving him often confused and ashamed of his actions. Eric felt bad for the giant. He couldn't imagine living with such a ferocious internal rage like the one Cluade had been cursed with. If there was anyway Eric could help him, he was going to do it; anything to ease Cluade's burden. Last but not least, there sat Rae. He hadn't had anytime to really interact with her, but there was something about her that intrigued him. She was breath-taking. Eric could see now why Cluade took to her so fast. She seemed sweet and genuine, and he was very excited to finally meet her. He took one last sip from his drink, finishing off the remaining whiskey from his cup. He slid the ornate glass back to the barkeep, ordering another one.

"Another glass please. This time, make it a double."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oooh, seems fancy," She clutched the glass between her hands, almost ashamed to drink it and mess up the rather artistic accumulation of fruits. Truth was, Rae never drank, this was a an exceptional occasion - that, and her mind could use the soothing coat of relaxation. With a subtle sip, she bared an expression of immense approval.

So, you seem rather experienced, how long have you been traveling for?

"Just a couple years," She answered, stirring her drink around as she thought about it. She was always so busy moving to the next place, it'd been some time since she thought back on where she'd been - despite having covered an impressive amount of territory in her time, she'd never traveled enough, wasn't ever truly satisfied if in the same place too long. "I spent my first year as a trainer just reveling in the freedom - I don't know if there's a part of Kanto I haven't touched, other than the nearby archipelago, that's my dream vacation. Got a handful of badges there and in Kalos, cause I live in Laverre now, but collecting isn't my thing and I could care less about the league trend, I just... do whatever's presented to me, traveling a first priority." That was probably more than he'd asked for, but Rae wasn't necessarily one to hold back. "And you? How long have you been traveling? Had you known Eric before all this?"

Another glass please. This time, make it a double

"Take it easy there, hot rod," Rae offered playfully, overhearing his order and wondering how well she'd fair having drank, in her mind, that much. She'd never even tasted whisky before, and the only red wine she'd had before this glass was in salad dressing - which was a little nauseating, might she add. The drink was, however, settling in nicely, more vulnerable as the faintest sense of relaxation started to spread over her muscles, a ghost of redness spread across her porcelain complexion, eyes a little dreamy like. As her thoughts became a little less centered around herself she noted that Eric seemed a bit internally conflicted, it was a fleeting moment, but something she could feel emanating beside her and, one she'd briefly met his eyes there was a suppressed melancholy like what she'd seen in Cluade today, only for obviously different reasons. Her gaze dropped and she sighed, an here I thought I reigned as internal mess of the year. Leave it to me to meet a handful of broken people. "You okay?" She asked finally, and reached up to let his electric rodent catch her scent before scratching along it's ears.

Reactions: RestlessComfort
"Take it easy there, hot rod."

The feminine voice had caught Eric a bit off guard. He turned to his right to see Rae quietly giggling to herself about her playful remark. Slightly taken back by the fact she had spoken to him, he offered a bright smile as he took another sip from his drink.

"Go big or go home," Eric began with a soft chuckle. "As they say."

He set the glass down, turning his whole body to face the duo. He had put his depressing thoughts in the back of his mind, but his eyes still showed his discontent. Rae studied him for a moment, seemingly picking up on his internal conflict. Wasting little time, Rae immediately responded with a question similar to Akio's.

"You okay?"

Following this, she brought her hand up to Akio's nose, allowing the rodent to sniff her up and down before allowing her to pet him. If you thought Eric was a sucker for a pretty face, you were in for a surprise with Akio. The young Pikachu gave out a happy sigh as Rae pet him, eventually flopping onto his back, wanting his stomach rubbed. Eric laughed to himself as he watched Akio submit to Rae. He started to say something but stopped, rethinking his next few words. After a few moments of silence, he looked back up into her hazel eyes and began to speak.

"I'm alright," he began with a soft smile. "How about you? How are you holding up?"

Reactions: mango
"I'm alright. How about you? How are you holding up?"

The brunette took to spoiling his little mouse with affection, giving him an affectionate rub down that seemed to be second nature for her. Her team mates, more like pets in all honesty, were quite the same in terms of craving affection, even if the majority seemed about ready to devour someone. As her mother always said, everything needs affection, from the labeled 'feral' strays to the spirits haunting lavender town. After indulging the Pikachu for a while, she touched on his question, noting he deflected though that was to be expected, most people did for their own reasons. "Like I told Cluade, I'll live, I'm just concerned about you two. Nothing really surprised me today, if anything it made an idle boat ride worth the drag," She sighed. "Day's almost over, that's a blessing in itself - if we're lucky, tomorrow will be oriented around leisure and not surprises, I don't really like being caught off guard."

She stirred her straw around what was only ice now; what she said wasn't entirely true, one thing that had surprised her was how willing she was to let the woman die, and more so, dispose of the body herself. Rae hadn't every been involved in anything like this before, although she came off almost indifferent towards the circumstances they were extremely foreign to woman who led a relatively sheltered childhood. Not stress free, just void of exposure to death itself. Honestly Hisagi could've maimed the woman in the moment itself, not only was Rae willing, but her team would do the same of their own choice, not following their trainer blindly. How awful did that sound? Did she deserve it? Who was Rae to determine justice? Pressing her palms to her slightly flustered face, the brunette huffed, here they came, a potential train wreck of thoughts and it wasn't even midnight yet.

"Like I told Cluade, I'll live, I'm just concerned about you two. Nothing really surprised me today, if anything it made an idle boat ride worth the drag."

She had actually worried about him? This idea in itself was rather shocking to Eric. Rae hadn't even talked to him before this, and without a single moment being shared between the two of them, she had already concerned herself with his well being? This made Eric feel really good, although he wasn't quite sure why. Butterflies started fluttering around his stomach, the way they use to back in elementary school when you had discovered your first crush. He relished the feeling for a second before shaking it off and refocusing his attention. Cluade obviously liked Rae on some romantic level, it was obvious. It was wrong of Eric to look at her that way. He took a minute to regain his composure before speaking.

"I don't think you have to worry about us. Me and Cluade are very skilled at getting into trouble, but we are even more skilled at getting out of it. If anything, we were both worried about you."

Eric chuckled to himself as Rae responded.

"Day's almost over, that's a blessing in itself - if we're lucky, tomorrow will be oriented around leisure and not surprises, I don't really like being caught off guard."

He could definitely understand that. Eric was about done with surprises after today. He'd give anything to have a normal 24 hours. Hopefully tomorrow would give him just that.

"I hear that," Eric began. "I'm done with the whole 'surprise' thing for a while."

[BCOLOR=transparent]He wanted to interact with everyone. It just wasn't his strong suit and now treating his Pokemon to something tasty for their hard work and their loyalty. He was starting to see cliques form already. Kamon was out of them. It was this way when he was a child too. The kids would all leave the weird psychic kid out. And despite being mostly over the pass. Kamon couldn't but help see the relationships of others forming.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He wasn't sure how he should butt in. Or cut in. Why did it matter? Kamon asked himself. Instead scowling. He wasn't here to be their friends. He was here because he owed them something. Stop acting and behaving like a child Kamon. You're stronger than that. So what if they had their little groups already placed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon didn't need anyone. He had been doing it alone this whole entire time anyway. He didn't need any of them. Sitting off in a corner by himself, he'd let everyone finish their tasty treats, while he drank his coffee before heading to bed. He took out his Pokegear though and called the training gym. That was under the care of Wizard, the Slowking, and Jelly, the Reuniclus.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Good evening," Wizard answered.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How's everything? No one's tried something stupid have they?" Kamon asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Not that we're aware of, we're still very much safe," Wizard told him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thanks," Kamon said with a smile, a little worry was washed away by that. The Pendant and those clouds. Magic and Kamon both knew it wasn't over. They were only in the eye of the storm. Quite figuratively. "Goodnight Wizard."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Goodnight Kamon," Wizard said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And they hung up. This was something Kamon needed to do alone. He just needed to get stronger. He was an idiot to consider or assume that he could be part of anything. And he was an idiot to even expect it. He watched the group talk amongst each other. [/BCOLOR]

Cluade had a smile on his face until he looked at Eric, realizing the mistake he had made and being forced into an extreme scowl. He had been so selfish, spending this entire time talking to Rea because it made him feel good. He hadn't considered that Eric might be struggling with what had happened earlier, He seemed so untouchable, so heroic, so quick to throw his own controlled strength into the mix. Cluade had seen Eric as a superhuman, but in doing so, he had forgotten that he was still human. Eric chuckled and joked, but in the tone of his voice and the look in his eyes, his hair's slight disheveled state, and the tips of his worn smile, Cluade could see that Eric was struggling.
"I'm done with the whole 'surprise' thing for a while." Eric said, a desperate tinge in his voice.
He didn't care if he seemed bizarre or awkward, Cluade decided to speak up.

"Eric!" He barked, bringing a sudden lull of noise at the bar before it spiked back up again. "It may not seem like it, but you did a good thing today." Cluade spoke with such certainty, there was clearly no doubt in his mind. "If you want to feel like shit that's fine but don't try to act like you can hide it from me. You're a hero, starting today, and you don't get to decide whether or not you're 'done' with surprises, they decide whether or not they're done with you. We're here for you, so don't shut us out."
Cluade drained his gin and tonic in one gulp and turned away.
"I'll be outside, if you decide you need some help."
Then he strolled through the door and began tending to his pokemon.

"So, Tallu, are you fine with sharing about your simpler times? Pre-contest past, for a better term?"
Some people were out drinking. But Tallulah was underage--Not even legally an adult--And besides, alcohol was gross. It seemed her speaking partner had a sundae, which was more her speed anyway. But she wasn't hungry. How could she be, after all the junk that had happened today?

Tallulah let go of Risk's hand, taking up the empty Luxury Ball and retracting Joy for the time being. She reattached it to her skirt, her hands going behind her head as she leaned back in her chair. Everybody loved a good Cinderella story. "I'm from Cerulean, actually. I know, you probably would never have guessed!" Her voice raised a bit, always wanting everyone to at least slightly learn about herself. "Born to mild-mannered owners of a bright and lively daycare--They couldn't have known what they were getting into!" A slight chuckle followed. "We moved to Goldenrod after the discovery of baby Pokemon, hoping to improve business. Simpler times. With Magby and Togepi and cute little Tyrogue...But every kid moves out someday! That's when I got my precious baby Oswald." Tallulah reached up to pet her Octillery's head, which Oswald seemed to greatly appreciate. Some suckers popped in apparent joy. "But y'can't live in a bunch of lousy Johto countryside towns forever! Coupl'a years later when the new baby Pokemon were found--Y'know, Munchlax, Bonsly--And we were out to Sinnoh! Along the way I got my precious Porygon-Z, Lopunny, and Happiny, and I finally got my first taste of a life in contests! The rest is history."

She paused, feeling along her pockets, mouth going into a small smile. "Want a poffin? Your...Weird glowy squid thing could totally rock in a contest setting--Cool, clever, strength, you name it! I'll totally condition it for you. Consider it..." Her smile grew, teeth almost gleaning. "Charity!"

Charity always looked good on the record.​

As Nick sat in the corner observing, He noticed that all except one person seemed to be having a good time. Nick could clearly see that some of them still had heavy hearts. He had seen the very same thing on the streets time and time again. People would act as though everything was ok when they were actually torn up inside. The eyes were always a dead giveaway. It is not as though people did it on purpose; it is just something people do for a multitude of reasons. Nick thought to himself, this group looks like they are going to be together for a while. If the other days go financially as well for my as today then it would be best to stick with them. They might not want someone who just sits in the corner and stares at them to come along with them though. What can I do to incorporate myself in? Maybe i can start to socialize with them but how do i break the ice? What do i say? Do i just walk up to them and say something or will that seem too creepy? I guess my physical appearance does not help me in this case. My clothes are torn and stitched and I have not bathed in a while. That might be part of the reason they don't talk to me. I look like a shady character and they don't want to associate with me. I could have bought new clothes but i did not see the reason for it until now.
Nick continued to ponder until Tara flew onto his lap. She did this as a small Starly but now that she was a lot bigger is kind of hurt Nicks legs. Nick had to gently remind her that she was not a small Pokemon anymore and to please get off. She hoped off of his lap and stood beside him.
Squawk (If you are worried about your appearance you should buy new clothes and wash yourself)
Nick took a second to see where all his Pokemon where. He was so deep in thought he forgot where he was. Tara was beside him, Averroes was beneath his chair, and Henry was on the chair next to him arguing with himself. He knew he could not take up this much space for long so he ordered food for all of them and told them to go eat in the room. Nick knew Tara was more kind and thoughtful then him which is why he valued her opinion. He would get new clothes but he did not know how to get them. He had seen them in the market but he did not know how they were supposed to fit of how much they cost. Maybe he could get help from one of the people in this room. Nick scanned the room and his eyes settled on the Eric. Eric is kind, maybe he will help me with my clothes problem. He looks busy right now. I will wait till he goes to his room and ask him there when we are alone.

• Love
Cluade pet and scratched Emile behind his ears, making the Venasuar shake and purr with delight, nearly nodding off with the affection from his friend. Cluade looked up again to see the small boy through the window, leaning up against the wall in clear deep thought. He felt his own pockets to feel his wallet, while he may not have been fond of how people treated him because of it, being a top league trainer sure paid well. Still, He was reminded of the days when he lived in the Ilex, not a cent to his name and living off of whatever he and Emile could find. He made his decision quickly.
"Just sit tight, buddy. I'll be out again in no time at all." He said, giving the Venasuar one final pat before walking back inside and approaching the boy. The boy glared up at him, but Cluade spoke first.
"Listen, I don't care whether or not you want this, but here." Cluade dropped a wad of bills on the boy's lap. "It's enough to buy a room, get somethin' to eat and get some new clothes, do with it as you will, just take it, please." The giant redhead stuffed his hands back into his pockets and walked outside to see his team of large Pokemon, and Lilith, cuddled together and snoring.
I suppose that means it's time for my walk then, eh? He thought, looking into the trees with his classic scowl plastered across his face. He casually strolled into the dense trees.

The exchange between both male's made Rae shrivel up a little in her seat - she was in the way, or so it felt. "He uh, really gave it to you. Tough love?" She inquired, though her intentional humor didn't really reach her eyes, she just kind of casted her gaze elsewhere. Watching Cluade leave made her feel a little less reassured than earlier, though it finally sunk in not only was there more to him than she was taking the time to figure out, but there was more between him and his friend than she would be exposed to. So with that he disappeared from sight, and knowing that she didn't really have anything else to do and wouldn't be seeing him again, she ordered another one of those odd, yet yummy fruity things, this time paying for herself.

"He's right about deflecting," She hiccupped lightly twice, and turned away to hide the flustered flush that came with too big a gulp of wine. "But I burned the bridge between me and obligation a long time ago. Might not be the right choice, but the surprises are optional - you'll just probably end up so backed in a corner, you don't have a choice but to go against your will and play hero again." With that she sighed, and rested her chin on arms folded and perched upon the counter. "But what do I know? I only just got here! Hey, can I get a salad for my partner?" She asked the man before her, and appearing in Cluade's empty seat was Hisagi, seemingly cold though he had actually just been waiting for food, forever, just didn't want to give away his position out of stubbornness so he starved for a while.

As Nick sat in his chair he pondered what kind of clothes he would like. He had never really thought about it before. He had always just used cloths he had found so they never really fit him. If I were to choose, i would want something that fit tightly but did not constrict my movements. It has to be a dark color. I can't hide in shadows with bright yellow cloths. A t-Shirt won't work. What other types of shirts are there? What other types of clothes or fabrics are there? There is so much to think about. Who knew that clothes could be this complicated. As Nick continued to ponder the many aspects of clothes and their applications, Cluade came into the inn and strode over to where Nick was sitting. Nick glared up at Cluade and was about to ask him what he wanted when Cluade said "Listen, I don't care whether or not you want this, but here." Cluade dropped a wad of cash into Nicks lap and said "It's enough to buy a room, get somethin' to eat and get some new clothes, do with it as you will, just take it, please." With that, he walked back out the door and into the night. Nicks mind raced. What!? Why on earth would he give me cash? what is his game? I don't need his charity! Do i look so bad that people just give me cash? As sweet as that would be, it is also extremely degrading! I AM A MASTER THIEF! I CAN GET PLENTY OF MONEY IF I WANT TO! HOW DARE HE.....Wait, did he just go out side? After all that has happened why would he go out side? What game is he playing? Wasn't he the one to bury the bode and didn't he do it alone? What if he didn't bury the body? What if the lady is still alive they are working together. I can't let this happen.
Nick Jumped out of his chair and raced to his room. While running he fished the room key and one Pokeball out of his pocket. He arrived at his room in less then a minute and jammed the key in his door. He turned the lock and threw the door open. He startled the Pokemon inside but they quickly realized it was him. They immediately knew something was up and were ready to go. I have to hurry if i am going to keep up with him. I don't have time to go through the door. Looks like the window it is.
Nick returned Henry to his ball and jumped out the window. He grabbed the window ledge and hung there while Tara and Averroes followed him out. Once the room was vacant, Nick closed the window and scald the building down to the ground. Nick went to the nearest tree and climbed it so that he was off the ground. He them leaped from tree to tree in the direction he had last seen Cluade going. With Tara in the sky it did not take Nick long to find and catch up to cluade. It looked as though he was just walking around but Nick kept an eye on him just to be sure.​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon had left the group outside before anyone could have really noticed. He didn't need to be their friends anyway. He had his Pokemon. And that was fine enough for him. Blaze's fur was always warm and comfortable. So when Kamon was looking up at the stars, he was also nuzzled into Blaze who was staring at the sky too.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A lot of times we've stared at this sky, huh" Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar [Yes]" Blaze said happily.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's going to be like this forever, right?" Kamon asked Blaze, "You and me. Till we get old buddy?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar [of course]" Blaze responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Good because I don't know what I'd do without you," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Truth be told in the end of the day. Those black clouds were like ominous foreboding winds in the distance. The evil that had touched his powers. The evil that saturated from the pendant. The power that coursed through his body that put him in a shameless position of needing the help of others. The fact that he was useless. Kamon didn't like being useless. He helped with Team Rocket before and even Team Flare. And he was never helpless.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar [I'm not going to go anywhere]" Blaze told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know," Kamon told Blaze, "I know, but I am afraid someone might try to take you away from me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then what was Kamon going to do? When he was a kid he ran away from his aunt's place because he felt discarded. Discarded and alone. The forest spoke to Kamon. Power spoke to Kamon. Pokemon spoke to Kamon. Not in the same other people spoke to their Pokemon. Pokemon were an integral part of him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Something that made him distrusting of his own kind. Something that made him understand where others might come from when they say they wanted to liberate Pokemon. Sure if you always looked at the bad your picture would get painted black. Kamon tried hard to hold onto some good people provided. Though Kamon was unsure.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He simply nuzzled further into Blaze's fur.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar [who wants to take me away?]" Blaze asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No one yet, but those clouds, that evil, I'm worried they will," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar [Then we just fight them]," Blaze told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, buddy we will, we will beat them," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar [we're the best we're strong]" Blaze told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That's right, we are the best, we are strong," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you two are done chatting the rest of us would like to get sleep," Magic added. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry," Kamon told Magic. He was in a Pokemon pile. The closet comfort he could feel. The most comfort he felt was in a pile of Pokemon, out underneath the stars. The same stars Kamon had seen with them since they grew with him. Grew from the darkness that wrenched from their own hearts. [/BCOLOR]

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
It may not seem like it, but you did a good thing today. If you want to feel like shit that's fine but don't try to act like you can hide it from me. You're a hero, starting today, and you don't get to decide whether or not you're 'done' with surprises, they decide whether or not they're done with you. We're here for you, so don't shut us out."

Eric was taken back by the seemingly random outburst. He wasn't sure what he had done to provoke him, but Cluade's agitation seemed to be aimed to help, not hinder. He called Eric a hero, and even said that they were there for him. This made him feel loved, but that warm feeling dissipated as Cluade exited the lobby.

"He uh, really gave it to you. Tough love?"

Eric, still confused by the whole encounter, thought for a moment before answering the beautiful women beside him.

"Yes, something like that."

Following this, Rae ordered another drink, taking a large gulp and eventually hiccuping from it. Eric laughed to himself, genuinely grinning at her clumsiness. He was quite taken by her, those fuzzy feelings of butterflies returning to his stomach. Maybe it was the alcohol, but he was starting to really like this woman.

"But I burned the bridge between me and obligation a long time ago. Might not be the right choice, but the surprises are optional - you'll just probably end up so backed in a corner, you don't have a choice but to go against your will and play hero again."

There was that word again: Hero. Eric really didn't see himself in that regard. As far as he was concerned, he was just a good person who liked to help those in need. He took a large sip of whiskey, to match her gulp of wine, and began speaking.

"I'm far from a hero," he said chuckling again, his tone more humble then depressing. "I'm just a boy from the small town of Littleroot who just liked to help out where he can. If anything, you're the hero of the day. You were the one to get the pendant and smash it. I was really impressed with how you handled yourself."

As Eric finished, he sipped his drink again, re-positioning on his stool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inferring from how Tallulah didn't take alcohol, Risk presumed she wasn't an adult. Or maybe she wasn't into alcohol. the former does explain a lot, though, so he went with the former.

After listening to the story, he looks at the Octillery. "From a Remoraid, huh? Interesting. I've got a fully-aquatic Pokemon myself. I'll tell you a little of my tale tomorrow."

"A poffin, you say? I think a 'Tough' could fit my comrade's signature Superpower. Perhaps I could learn some contest skills from you when the sun rises tomorrow."

Risk questions Tallulah. "Say, do you want to book a room early, or..."

Reaching up to Tallulah, he whispers into her ears where the others couldn't hear them, "be at the utter mercy of to-be drunk adults and lift their ready-to-puke bodies to their rooms. Adults vary, but drunk adults... ooohhh... I personally wouldn't want to go for that. I'm a good boy who keeps to his bedtime. Are you a good girl who keeps to hers?"

@Lissamel

Last edited:
I'm just a boy from the small town of Littleroot who just liked to help out where he can.

"Perhaps, but you did good, at least revel in the title before it's gone," She spoke light heartedly though, Rae understood what he meant and, for once, didn't mind modesty. Cause Eric seemed like just that, a stranger trying to be of service, something she had both an unspoken admiration for and gradually suppressed envy of.

If anything, you're the hero of the day. You were the one to get the pendant and smash it. I was really impressed with how you handled yourself.

"Mmm, thanks," She puckered her lips in thought, spinning around on her chair once before stopping before him, mid rotation. "Hero isn't the right status for me, either. I smashed the pendant to have leverage over and enlighten a dying woman," It didn't sound pretty, and she knew that, but Rae didn't shy from honesty. "And I think how things went down didn't phase me too bad, because... We would've been a loss nastier. I've never considered forgiveness in the presence of an organization grunt, I'll tell you that."

Beside her, Hisagi gurgled in agreement, though he showed no hint of remorse like his trainer, who honestly exaggerated her concern for potential actions more than she really felt. Rae didn't pity the maniacal, and believed full heartedly in wiping out plagues before they spread - that's why she traveled alone, her methods were a little extreme and usually gave off the wrong impression. "I almost wonder if I should have kept the pendent - smashed it still, but kept it for study. Who knows what we lost when it was destroyed," She offered a sheepish smile, nudging him a bit. "Or maybe I just watch too many movies, and it had no value at all, right? And what the hell am I saying! I'm no scholar... Iiii dunno..."

"Hero isn't the right status for me, either. I smashed the pendant to have leverage over and enlighten a dying woman,"

She was like him in that sense, humble. Eric wasn't one to "toot his own horn" and it didn't seem like she was either. Akio by this time had returned to Eric's shoulder, listening intently.

"And I think how things went down didn't phase me too bad, because... We would've been a loss nastier."

She was right. Things could have been a lot worse. Perhaps Eric was looking at the entire situation wrong. Instead of feeling sorry for himself, he should be happy things didn't go worse then they did. This, in itself, comforted Eric. Rae might not have meant to, but she was starting to cheer him up.

"I almost wonder if I should have kept the pendent - smashed it still, but kept it for study. Who knows what we lost when it was destroyed,"

It was an interesting thought to ponder. If they had kept some parts, who knows what they could have found out. At the end of the day though, Eric agreed with the Pokemon's decision. It was much to dangerous to take any chances on.

"I don't know. If we were able to study the pieces, maybe we would know more then we do now, but there would have always been that slim chance for her to come back. I'd rather be safe then sorry myself."

Cluade knew he seemed odd with his outburst at the Inn, He had probably put some distance between himself, Rea, and Eric, and that bothered him slightly. He eventually shook off the anger at himself, his frustration and sense of stupidity, Eric might simply not have known. The simple truth was, you can't hide a stab wound from someone who's been burned to death, and Cluade had been burned time and time again.
A small, almost unnoticeable rustle came from one of the trees, larger than it would be with a bird Pokemon or the wind. Cluade knew when he was being followed, he didn't know who it was, but he knew, and that made him angry. This was his only time to think to himself properly, he preferred to do it alone, he stared up into the trees and shouted.
"Whoever's there, you need to back off!"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Crow
As Nick leaped from tree to tree following cluade he noted that some time had passed. Cluade just looked to be walking around with no real destination in mind. Nick thought about going back to that inn but the next tree Tara had landed in it at the same time as Nick. The extra weight on the tree made it rustle more then usual and Cluade must have noticed.
"Whoever's there, you need to back off!"
Nick new he was in trouble. What is Cluade going to do. I cant just leave now but he had to do something. He hoped cluade would not do something rash like punching down the tree. If he did Nick could just leap to another one but the Cluade might see him. Nick stood dead still, not moving a single muscle. Meanwhile Tara was hoping from branch to branch. What has gotten into her all of a sudden? Nick wondered to himself. Just then she let out a small bird noise of delight. Cluade was deaf if he did not hear her. what was Nick to do?​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Back at the cottage, Akito was left alone, to sort out the darkness that was spilled onto this land. Creating a line of salt, and a strange symbol chart, he sat in the center. While Slime, Mush, Dizzy, Sunny, and Scale recovered eating some Pokemon chow. It was more like the Pokemon had sat down for a concert, because Akito had his electric guitar hooked into an amplifier. Provided by someone in town, though a detail Akito had forgotten.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"ROOOOOOOAWWRR!" Scale howled in excitement.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito's fingers began to strum a little on the guitar. Before, taking his black guitar pick. Spell tags were placed on special points of the cottage. They read, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]To Heal[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]To Cleanse[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]To Purify[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent].[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Spirits who are unwelcomed, I cast you out," Akito said striking the first shrill as the candles magically came on, around the salt line and symbol chart. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito from there said nothing. It was all in the expression of what the guitar had to say. As he climbed scales, symphonic chords, that raised and lowered, shrilled and prayed. A wind had whipped through Akito. Something no one in the team would even consider a magical guitar or a priest shredding to cleanse spirits. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The guitar was all that needed to be spoken. The noise reverbed. And danced around wooden walls. Whipping around like a completely different storm. As the doors slammed right open. The wind in the cottage climbing explosively like melodical scales.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As energy passed through his spirit. He was in a trance of sorts. While Scale howled in the background making his own kind of noise. That added into the shrill deafness of the wailing tones of the guitar. The guitar spoke like a Pokemon's cry in a way.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It chordic, discord, that spoke a language. It spoke power. And it went on for miles. Miles and miles. Fading into the whipping wind as the candles began to go dark. One by one. The spell tags had a faint glow to them the symbol chart seemed to also glow as well.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was not the power of a psychic, this was not an ordinary power either. But the power of a spiritual medium channeling spiritual energy through each normalized reverb. His stiff, trance like movements, all but reflected the passing of spirits and the dark energy being lifted right from the air.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was a simple talk. An authentic talk. A talk without a word. Which his master would have greatly disapproved of. Yet, it channeled something primal in the air. That spirits gravitated towards and passed straight through sound waves.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sound waves that told them in harmonious chords, forever, forever, stretching miles and miles away. That they casted them out. To replace the energy of the cottage with the energy of good spirits. The energy of the spiritual.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito's fingers traveling like legs traveled on a path. Fingers spoke of many journeys. But spoke of the hands of something spiritual as well. Chaotic harmonic discord. That went on for what seemed like hours. Except that it only last for five minutes before all of the wind passed. Nearly knocking back the medium from his sitting down, shredding position.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ripping straight through his body taking something away from him. Lifting him of whatever energy he had. Climbing further and further. Climbing. Climbing. Soaring. Reaching towards the sky. Till in five minutes there was nothing left.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nothing inside of him. Nothing inside the cottage. Nothing inside the magic of it all. The harmony died. But was left with the last haunting screaming howl of Scale, who got a kick out of the whole ordeal. Akito collapsed exhaustedly in the middle of the circle. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was in loose moments like this, he could feel his soul leaving him. Like he really wasn't existing. Truth be told though, it always still felt strangely his own name. Kurosaki Akito, sewn into the back of a pikachu backpack. That he still didn't know anything about himself. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Forgotten. Just as he had forgotten many things. Like why in fact what he was suppose to do next. There was suppose to be something he was doing. Something here in this town in Sinnoh. But he forgot. He was exhausted from the whole ordeal. A state of being here and there and nowhere and then just empty. Feeling everything all at once and then nothing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Grup?" Muk asked as if it were asking if he were okay.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I forgot, about something, but I am fine," Akito told Slime. Staring at the ceiling. Evil had passed through him. Ripped right straight through him. Took everything from him and left him barren like this cottage was now empty. Yet Akito stumbled off the floor. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He didn't feel so well. Though that would pass. He got up and Slime handed him his backpack. He took it and opened it up. Taking out a Talisman and a windchime, which reminded him of Charm the Chimecho who was with his Master at the moment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Talisman read, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]To Invite Good Tidings[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. And the wind chime was to call in good spirits to keep this place clean.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Our duty is done here," Akito said bowing, and leaving a little prayer, which his Pokemon joined him on. "Please be well little house. I am sorry you saw so much tragedy today."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then Akito stared at his team. His friends in fact. His family. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What was I doing here?" Akito asked them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They were suppose to be his reminders, though with all the excitement. Even they too looked confused and perplexed.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.