Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Right, then, see if you can find out what he's doin' here. Careful, though, He's givin' off some weird vibes."
Cluade nodded, he trusted Kamon with this, but the man really did seem off. The same vibe he got just from holding the amulets they had when he caught them the first time, now seemed to be amplified. Still, it was nothing like the woman's aura.

Rae offered Eric a sympathetic smile, appeared as though neither of them really stood a chance socially, until weird events like these that came along and drew unlikely characters together. She always figured those were chance encounters for the books, yet here she was, mingling at a bar in a foreign region with absolute strangers, tasting odd drinks and casually walking away from death. Maybe I'll wake up in a little bit, came her thoughts, which weren't processing today's events very well. "I was an oddball too, but unlike you we moved all the time, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether or not you live somewhere all your life, or for a month. But you get over it - I figure everyone's still stuck back there, while I moved on, met these guys," She gestured to Hisagi and her waist where the other oddly colored capsules rested, each one warm from acknowledgement.

"Animals make everything better, they're genuine," Added the brunette, who scooted her glass away from her, eyes glossy with melancholy. Her caramel orbs flickered to his own, catching a gaze that said a million things - also revealing a possible fondness for her that made her insides warm. There was a longing that she was all too familiar with - she picked up on it as well as an empathetic pokemon itself would, and yet again a flustered heat sprawled up from her collarbones and flooded her cheeks. He must have drank too much, I know I did, and there was her habit of deflecting sentimentality. After a few moments of biting her tongue, thoughts threatening to flood out behind pursued lips, she pushed off the bar stool, casting a glance his way, "Thanks for the talk, Eric, we should do it again sometime. I'm gunna head to bed, though, I feel a little... light headed," Hisagi attentively offered an arm and directed his trainer towards the staircase.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the counter, Risk turns back to Tallulah, "a room for two, is that what you desire?"

-

After entering his room, he almost lays on the bed, until he realises that he needed a shower.

"Hold it, lass!" he holds Tallulah's hand before she could land on a bed, "keep your bed clean."
A room for two was, in truth, what Tallulah desired.

After all, such a popular lady like herself needed to stay within groups. Power in numbers. Who knows what crooks could be out here, waiting to kill her, or rob her of her darling Pokemon, or steal all of her hard-earned ribbons? Hey, she had only recently been within spitting distance of a madwoman who seemed quite likely to do all three of those things and more--This wasn't that far-fetched of a worry. Criminal scum always lingered outside of Hearthrome.

She'd followed Risk with the brightest of blushes on her cheeks, never stopping her smile. Aside from the aforementioned I-was-almost-murdered thing, this was actually turning out to be a very lovely vacation. She'd even get to see the new region tomorrow! ...Probably. As long as some weird tomfoolery didn't happen. She didn't want her trip postponed again. She was already supposed to be in Unova, supposed to be dazzling those poor unfortunate souls that had never seen her face with...Well, her face. She wasn't here to be delayed!

...But she couldn't fault Pastoria for their really nice hotels.

Upon entering the room, she kicked out a leg, just about to fall backwards and land on the bed...When Risk grabbed her hand and prevented her from doing such a thing. The result was an awkward half-dip, and Tallulah lingered in that position for longer than was probably necessary before leaning forward and swinging herself up.

"...You're right! Cleanliness is next to...Arceus...Ness." Eh, close enough. She let go of Risk to pluck Oswald off of her shoulder, pausing to give him a nuzzle and plop him onto her bed with a little pat on the head. "See, this is why I keep you around, why I allow you to reside in the same room as myself! You're smart. You need smarts in show biz--Even though I've been running on looks alone, but not everyone can be me!"​

He didn't need assistance from Esper. But generally his Pokemon behaved like anchors for his power. Unlike him, they didn't seem to get tired with ordinary task. Kamon could only do so much before he would completely get exhausted. Yet, this was a simple and easy task he thought. Though there was a darkness that surrounded this man like the pendant. Which made Kamon hesitate at first. He was cautious because he was afraid it was going to hurt again the way the pendant hurt.

Kamon put his hand close to the man's forehead. Which seemed weird, it was just easier for Kamon to channel the thoughts and look inside the man's head. Almost like guiding himself towards them. Except that his mind was like a maze and Kamon wasn't entirely sure what he was searching for.

It was a cacophony of confusing messages as shadows with no faces and nothing distinct could be discerned from them surrounded him. Like little telepathic bugs it was hard to make sense of all that he was seeing. There was a context that he have to reveal to Claude and the others that he couldn't quite put into context here. How much further should Kamon look? How much deeper could Kamon go?

He just had to navigate and concentrated. Put focus into it. He had to be stronger than this man's willpower. He had to break through his mental barrier. Kamon just simply needed to reach further. He knew he was getting closer because he could almost feel the man's mind saying, not that way. Not that way.

X
Was the first shape he saw. As an X shaped pendant lay across a man's chest. But before Kamon could go any further. He was pushed out, left with only the dark, cold laughter of someone. Almost echoing and reverberating in the back of his mind.

He was visibly upset with this information. As he looked to Claude and the other one. Who he still had no clue what their name was because they never gave it to him.

"This is far from over, that pendant we destroyed.....it's...not the one to worry about," Kamon told them, "There was a man wearing an X shaped pendant. No somebody was putting it on him. I couldn't make out any of the details....but...." Kamon looked off to the distance for a second, he didn't like these turn of events.​

A room for two was, in truth, what Tallulah desired.

After all, such a popular lady like herself needed to stay within groups. Power in numbers. Who knows what crooks could be out here, waiting to kill her, or rob her of her darling Pokemon, or steal all of her hard-earned ribbons? Hey, she had only recently been within spitting distance of a madwoman who seemed quite likely to do all three of those things and more--This wasn't that far-fetched of a worry. Criminal scum always lingered outside of Hearthrome.

She'd followed Risk with the brightest of blushes on her cheeks, never stopping her smile. Aside from the aforementioned I-was-almost-murdered thing, this was actually turning out to be a very lovely vacation. She'd even get to see the new region tomorrow! ...Probably. As long as some weird tomfoolery didn't happen. She didn't want her trip postponed again. She was already supposed to be in Unova, supposed to be dazzling those poor unfortunate souls that had never seen her face with...Well, her face. She wasn't here to be delayed!

...But she couldn't fault Pastoria for their really nice hotels.

Upon entering the room, she kicked out a leg, just about to fall backwards and land on the bed...When Risk grabbed her hand and prevented her from doing such a thing. The result was an awkward half-dip, and Tallulah lingered in that position for longer than was probably necessary before leaning forward and swinging herself up.

"...You're right! Cleanliness is next to...Arceus...Ness." Eh, close enough. She let go of Risk to pluck Oswald off of her shoulder, pausing to give him a nuzzle and plop him onto her bed with a little pat on the head. "See, this is why I keep you around, why I allow you to reside in the same room as myself! You're smart. You need smarts in show biz--Even though I've been running on looks alone, but not everyone can be me!"​

"Say, Tallulah, power in numbers, is that correct?" Risk smiles somewhat cheekily, "why not you and I ba-"

Risk's face turns red. He wanted to see Tallulah all embarassed, but ended up feeling embarassed himself.

"On second thought, uuuhhh... nevermind what I was about to say. Y- you go ahead and... shower first. I'll just be leaning around, not touching any beds, and just laying out my luggage. They said we'll be here for a few days, after all..."

He then looks at the Octillery. "Good to see you again... Oswald."

"You know," after Tallulah enters the shower, Risk decides to speak as he leaned against the door, "you seem to trust me even though we only met today. Is there a reason?"

@Lissamel

He didn't need assistance from Esper. But generally his Pokemon behaved like anchors for his power. Unlike him, they didn't seem to get tired with ordinary task. Kamon could only do so much before he would completely get exhausted. Yet, this was a simple and easy task he thought. Though there was a darkness that surrounded this man like the pendant. Which made Kamon hesitate at first. He was cautious because he was afraid it was going to hurt again the way the pendant hurt.

Kamon put his hand close to the man's forehead. Which seemed weird, it was just easier for Kamon to channel the thoughts and look inside the man's head. Almost like guiding himself towards them. Except that his mind was like a maze and Kamon wasn't entirely sure what he was searching for.

It was a cacophony of confusing messages as shadows with no faces and nothing distinct could be discerned from them surrounded him. Like little telepathic bugs it was hard to make sense of all that he was seeing. There was a context that he have to reveal to Claude and the others that he couldn't quite put into context here. How much further should Kamon look? How much deeper could Kamon go?

He just had to navigate and concentrated. Put focus into it. He had to be stronger than this man's willpower. He had to break through his mental barrier. Kamon just simply needed to reach further. He knew he was getting closer because he could almost feel the man's mind saying, not that way. Not that way.

X
Was the first shape he saw. As an X shaped pendant lay across a man's chest. But before Kamon could go any further. He was pushed out, left with only the dark, cold laughter of someone. Almost echoing and reverberating in the back of his mind.

He was visibly upset with this information. As he looked to Claude and the other one. Who he still had no clue what their name was because they never gave it to him.

"This is far from over, that pendant we destroyed.....it's...not the one to worry about," Kamon told them, "There was a man wearing an X shaped pendant. No somebody was putting it on him. I couldn't make out any of the details....but...." Kamon looked off to the distance for a second, he didn't like these turn of events.​
Cluade didn't say anything, he just knelt down and delivered a final punch to the bridge of the man's nose, knocking him unconscious immediately. Then he picked the man up and slung him over his shoulder like a rag doll.
"Not much we can do about this now, I'll restrict him until mornin', then turn him in to the police. Regardless, I think We'll find our answers in Unova. It was nice 'talkin'' to you two, but I think I should move on for now. Maybe we'll see each other tomorrow."
Cluade turned around and began to walk away, the man still unconscious and draped over his shoulder.

Nick watched as Eric punched the man in the face. The man was out before his head hit the ground. Nick doubted much people could take a punch like that and still be standing. "Not much we can do about this now, I'll restrict him until mornin', then turn him in to the police. Regardless, I think We'll find our answers in Unova. It was nice 'talkin'' to you two, but I think I should move on for now. Maybe we'll see each other tomorrow," Cluade said as he began to walk off with the man over his shoulder. "My name is Nick. Thought you guys should know." Nick said before cluade was out of earshot. "I better be getting off too. I have a lot to do in the morning so I better get to it. Maybe once we all have had some rest we can discus what we are going to do about tonight. See you all tomorrow."

"Say, Tallulah, power in numbers, is that correct?" Risk smiles somewhat cheekily, "why not you and I ba-"

Risk's face turns red. He wanted to see Tallulah all embarassed, but ended up feeling embarassed himself.

"On second thought, uuuhhh... nevermind what I was about to say. Y- you go ahead and... shower first. I'll just be leaning around, not touching any beds, and just laying out my luggage. They said we'll be here for a few days, after all..."

He then looks at the Octillery. "Good to see you again... Oswald."

-

"You know," after Tallulah enters the shower, Risk decides to speak as he leaned against the door, "you seem to trust me even though we only met today. Is there a reason?"
The Octillery popped his suckers loudly, making a couple of 'oo' sounds as a threat to the trainer.

"Okay, first of all, I'm not a floozy." She huffed, looking more cross than embarrassed. The emotion seemed to fade, and she pulled the other three Pokeballs off of her skirt, tossing them beside her bed. It was a sudden explosion for smoke clouds and glittering stars and letter-balloons, all of which ended to show her other three darlings: a Porygon-Z, a Lopunny, and of course her adorable little Happiny. "You three all behave, okay? Momma loves you!" She smiled, taking a quick moment to dig through her bags to find her favorite berry-scented shampoos and body scrubs and her pajamas (the light blue ones with the little fluffy Mareep patterns) before going off into the shower.

She started up the water and cranked it up hot as it would go, organizing all her jewelry and hair baubles into proper piles on the sink countertop before disrobing and hopping into the shower. Ah. Scathing hot. Just as she liked it.

...Was he talking to her? In the shower? Eh, well, if she were a bystander she'd want to talk to herself any shot she got too.

"If you want me to be honest? You're the only one here who recognizes my sublime personage!" She beamed, even though he couldn't actually see it. "Don't tell all of your cute little friends, but I kind of get the feeling they don't...Like me. They might even find me annoying! I mean, c'mon? Me? Annoying? I don't have the capacity to be annoying! I'm just spirited, and that's why I'm famous."

The Octillery popped his suckers loudly, making a couple of 'oo' sounds as a threat to the trainer.

"Okay, first of all, I'm not a floozy." She huffed, looking more cross than embarrassed. The emotion seemed to fade, and she pulled the other three Pokeballs off of her skirt, tossing them beside her bed. It was a sudden explosion for smoke clouds and glittering stars and letter-balloons, all of which ended to show her other three darlings: a Porygon-Z, a Lopunny, and of course her adorable little Happiny. "You three all behave, okay? Momma loves you!" She smiled, taking a quick moment to dig through her bags to find her favorite berry-scented shampoos and body scrubs and her pajamas (the light blue ones with the little fluffy Mareep patterns) before going off into the shower.

She started up the water and cranked it up hot as it would go, organizing all her jewelry and hair baubles into proper piles on the sink countertop before disrobing and hopping into the shower. Ah. Scathing hot. Just as she liked it.

...Was he talking to her? In the shower? Eh, well, if she were a bystander she'd want to talk to herself any shot she got too.

"If you want me to be honest? You're the only one here who recognizes my sublime personage!" She beamed, even though he couldn't actually see it. "Don't tell all of your cute little friends, but I kind of get the feeling they don't...Like me. They might even find me annoying! I mean, c'mon? Me? Annoying? I don't have the capacity to be annoying! I'm just spirited, and that's why I'm famous."

"Okay, first of all, I'm not a floozy."

"Just kidding around, just kidding around," Risk chuckles, "don't take it too much into heart. You're reaction's somewhat priceless though."

"If you want me to be honest? You're the only one here who recognizes my sublime personage! Don't tell all of your cute little friends, but I kind of get the feeling they don't...Like me. They might even find me annoying! I mean, c'mon? Me? Annoying? I don't have the capacity to be annoying! I'm just spirited, and that's why I'm famous."

"I guess we're similiar, yet different," Risk speaks, "I can't put my tongue to it, but I guess that's just... how it is. I wish I could say I'm spirited but... I just feel as if I'm not."

He blushed as he heard the splash of water on the bathroom grounds, phasing through the thickness of the door.

"I'm not a very trusted person back where I come from. It's good to see that you, and the others, trust me."​

hjTSX6d.png

[fieldbox="Miyu, #00ccff"]

A massive Arcanine traversed through the thick forests, carefully making his way through the heavy foliage and past old trees. He could easily pass as an Alpha if he were leading his own pack. In fact, he technically did have his own pack, but it did not consist of creatures similar to himself. Instead he was in charge of a small group of oddballs. Following close behind him was an older Blissey named Clara who, during her years as a Chansey, had worked in a Pokecenter. Walking next to her was a little Whimsicott named Momo, whose color variation easily set it apart from others, and who constantly managed to get on the Arcanine's nerves with near daily pranks and trickery. But perhaps the most important of their group was a young Human girl named Miyu, who currently laid upon his back, passed out from a mixture of their exhausting traveling and the warmth that the Arcanine naturally provided. After all, it was she that had brought them together, and it was she who undoubtedly kept them that way.

Noises were heard to the east. Humans. It brought their small group to a halt, which in turn woke up the sleeping child. Thin arms stretched out along each side of the massive canine's neck before settling back as Miyu sat up, moving a hand to rub the sleepiness from her eyes. Night had fallen, and it was fairly dark out, but she was somewhat used to it after a minute. Archie turned his head slightly, pushing it back against the girl's chest briefly before it returned to its original place, although now he faced the direction of the noises. Miyu quickly understood what she was being told, tipped off mainly by the noises themselves, and with that she quietly slid off her friend's back, shivering as her toes touched down upon the slightly dampened, chilly ground below.

Taking the lead, Miyu crept forward silently, crouching low to remain beneath and within the foliage of the forest. Archie, Clara, and Momo followed behind her, although at a distance, as most of them were larger and did not wish to give away Miyu's position. Momo of course followed a bit closer than the others, as he was even shorter than Miyu was. When she finally reached the bushes closest to the noises Miyu lifted her hands and very carefully parted some of the leaves, peeking through towards the noises she was hearing.

There were three Humans, each of them boys, and each seemingly unaware of her presence. One of them were getting closer, crossing her path, and so she remained as still and silent as she could, nearly holding her breath in fact. He was holding an unconscious man, which was something that certainly piqued her curiosity! Still, it was a bit frightening. Perhaps these people were not good. They could have even been kidnappers! But she wasn't too scared. Archie would interfere if they tried to kidnap her. And if she was noticed, then she'd just have to flee! She was really good at that. Almost as good as Momo.

For the time being she remained observant and decided not to interfere. If anything she could always stalk them! That was always fun!

[/fieldbox]

@Clyde ||||| @Naton ||||| @Red crow

Rae offered Eric a sympathetic smile, appeared as though neither of them really stood a chance socially, until weird events like these that came along and drew unlikely characters together. She always figured those were chance encounters for the books, yet here she was, mingling at a bar in a foreign region with absolute strangers, tasting odd drinks and casually walking away from death. Maybe I'll wake up in a little bit, came her thoughts, which weren't processing today's events very well. "I was an oddball too, but unlike you we moved all the time, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether or not you live somewhere all your life, or for a month. But you get over it - I figure everyone's still stuck back there, while I moved on, met these guys," She gestured to Hisagi and her waist where the other oddly colored capsules rested, each one warm from acknowledgement.

"Animals make everything better, they're genuine," Added the brunette, who scooted her glass away from her, eyes glossy with melancholy. Her caramel orbs flickered to his own, catching a gaze that said a million things - also revealing a possible fondness for her that made her insides warm. There was a longing that she was all too familiar with - she picked up on it as well as an empathetic pokemon itself would, and yet again a flustered heat sprawled up from her collarbones and flooded her cheeks. He must have drank too much, I know I did, and there was her habit of deflecting sentimentality. After a few moments of biting her tongue, thoughts threatening to flood out behind pursued lips, she pushed off the bar stool, casting a glance his way, "Thanks for the talk, Eric, we should do it again sometime. I'm gunna head to bed, though, I feel a little... light headed," Hisagi attentively offered an arm and directed his trainer towards the staircase.
Eric returned Rae's soft smile, a little sorrow in his eyes. It wasn't often he thought back on his troubled past, so when he did, it hit him twice as hard. Eric was tipsy enough to unveil his complicated childhood, but not so much that he would tell her the real horrors of his past. After all, this women was a stranger. She probably didn't even care, or at least, that is what Eric thought before she began to speak.

"I was an oddball too, but unlike you we moved all the time, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether or not you live somewhere all your life, or for a month. But you get over it - I figure everyone's still stuck back there, while I moved on, met these guys."

Rae took a moment to gesture to her Pokemon.

"Animals make everything better, they're genuine,"

There was something he could agree with. An animal's company always made him much more content than any human's...well, that was until now. Sure Rae was a stranger, but he felt so connected to her. It had only been a few hours, but he felt closer to her then he did with almost anyone else. They seemed like they both had similar pasts, and similar interests. 'Maybe it's just the alcohol talking,' Eric thought to himself. The butterflies were getting worse and worse, his eyes showing his adoration more and more by the minute. For a moment, Eric thought he saw the same look being reflected back at him through her hazel eyes, as well as a soft redness to her cheeks, but he immediately dismissed it. 'She couldn't feel that way about me -- it has to be the alcohol' They both seemed to fight with the words they wanted to say before Rae spoke.

"Thanks for the talk, Eric, we should do it again sometime. I'm gunna head to bed, though, I feel a little... light headed,"

"Absolutely," Eric said with a smile. "Sometime soon."

Eric watched her slowly walk away with Hisagi. He went to turn back to his drink when Akio gave him a hard shove towards Rae's direction, causing him to fumble to his feet. He didn't have a choice now. Eric watched her for a moment more before calling out to her.

"Not that I don't trust Hisagi, but, would you like some help to your room? It may be easier for someone close to your height to help you up. And of course, I don't mind."

He bit his lip, not knowing which answer would scare him more.

hjTSX6d.png

[fieldbox="Miyu, #00ccff"]

A massive Arcanine traversed through the thick forests, carefully making his way through the heavy foliage and past old trees. He could easily pass as an Alpha if he were leading his own pack. In fact, he technically did have his own pack, but it did not consist of creatures similar to himself. Instead he was in charge of a small group of oddballs. Following close behind him was an older Blissey named Clara who, during her years as a Chansey, had worked in a Pokecenter. Walking next to her was a little Whimsicott named Momo, whose color variation easily set it apart from others, and who constantly managed to get on the Arcanine's nerves with near daily pranks and trickery. But perhaps the most important of their group was a young Human girl named Miyu, who currently laid upon his back, passed out from a mixture of their exhausting traveling and the warmth that the Arcanine naturally provided. After all, it was she that had brought them together, and it was she who undoubtedly kept them that way.

Noises were heard to the east. Humans. It brought their small group to a halt, which in turn woke up the sleeping child. Thin arms stretched out along each side of the massive canine's neck before settling back as Miyu sat up, moving a hand to rub the sleepiness from her eyes. Night had fallen, and it was fairly dark out, but she was somewhat used to it after a minute. Archie turned his head slightly, pushing it back against the girl's chest briefly before it returned to its original place, although now he faced the direction of the noises. Miyu quickly understood what she was being told, tipped off mainly by the noises themselves, and with that she quietly slid off her friend's back, shivering as her toes touched down upon the slightly dampened, chilly ground below.

Taking the lead, Miyu crept forward silently, crouching low to remain beneath and within the foliage of the forest. Archie, Clara, and Momo followed behind her, although at a distance, as most of them were larger and did not wish to give away Miyu's position. Momo of course followed a bit closer than the others, as he was even shorter than Miyu was. When she finally reached the bushes closest to the noises Miyu lifted her hands and very carefully parted some of the leaves, peeking through towards the noises she was hearing.

There were three Humans, each of them boys, and each seemingly unaware of her presence. One of them were getting closer, crossing her path, and so she remained as still and silent as she could, nearly holding her breath in fact. He was holding an unconscious man, which was something that certainly piqued her curiosity! Still, it was a bit frightening. Perhaps these people were not good. They could have even been kidnappers! But she wasn't too scared. Archie would interfere if they tried to kidnap her. And if she was noticed, then she'd just have to flee! She was really good at that. Almost as good as Momo.

For the time being she remained observant and decided not to interfere. If anything she could always stalk them! That was always fun!

[/fieldbox]

@Clyde ||||| @Naton ||||| @Red crow
Cluade stopped dead in his tracks, doing his best not to make any movements that would alert the other two people close to him. His pupils dashing and darting about the place, standing with his back to the two boys he had just spoken to. Finally his eyes settled on the bushes next to him, less than two feet away. They lingered there for a few seconds, unsure of what was hiding in greenery. Then, a quick, knowing smile flashed on his face, accompanied by a swift wink before it quickly disappeared. He turned back to the other boys.
"Right, then certainly we'll meet again, Nick, Kamon. I'm sure now that this aint the last of it."
This time he turned and walked a tad faster than he had before, moving deeper into the woods.

Eric returned Rae's soft smile, a little sorrow in his eyes. It wasn't often he thought back on his troubled past, so when he did, it hit him twice as hard. Eric was tipsy enough to unveil his complicated childhood, but not so much that he would tell her the real horrors of his past. After all, this women was a stranger. She probably didn't even care, or at least, that is what Eric thought before she began to speak.

"I was an oddball too, but unlike you we moved all the time, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether or not you live somewhere all your life, or for a month. But you get over it - I figure everyone's still stuck back there, while I moved on, met these guys."

Rae took a moment to gesture to her Pokemon.

"Animals make everything better, they're genuine,"

There was something he could agree with. An animal's company always made him much more content than any human's...well, that was until now. Sure Rae was a stranger, but he felt so connected to her. It had only been a few hours, but he felt closer to her then he did with almost anyone else. They seemed like they both had similar pasts, and similar interests. 'Maybe it's just the alcohol talking,' Eric thought to himself. The butterflies were getting worse and worse, his eyes showing his adoration more and more by the minute. For a moment, Eric thought he saw the same look being reflected back at him through her hazel eyes, as well as a soft redness to her cheeks, but he immediately dismissed it. 'She couldn't feel that way about me -- it has to be the alcohol' They both seemed to fight with the words they wanted to say before Rae spoke.

"Thanks for the talk, Eric, we should do it again sometime. I'm gunna head to bed, though, I feel a little... light headed,"

"Absolutely," Eric said with a smile. "Sometime soon."

Eric watched her slowly walk away with Hisagi. He went to turn back to his drink when Akio gave him a hard shove towards Rae's direction, causing him to fumble to his feet. He didn't have a choice now. Eric watched her for a moment more before calling out to her.

"Not that I don't trust Hisagi, but, would you like some help to your room? It may be easier for someone close to your height to help you up. And of course, I don't mind."

He bit his lip, not knowing which answer would scare him more.

Hisagi eyed the male, entirely indifferent in his expression, but the offered, narrow glance to his trainer from the corners of his eyes hinted distrust. Which was understandable, Rae had been taken advantage of before - her team mates always paid extra mind to their trainer's tendency to be naive and get herself into tense situations, and the unusual bar scene was basically setting her up for just those types of scenarios. "But Eric's safe, I think so," She told him with uncharacteristic certainty, which earned a solid nod from her partner if only because this stranger was logically the better option to support the young woman up a stair case. "Besides, if I don't lay down I'm just going to fall over right here."

Nodding, the bipedal creature disappeared up into the corridor, perhaps to her room, or maybe to hover in the shadows and keep an eye on the two - or wherever the hell else Hisagi went, she couldn't always keep decent tabs on him, but had also always treated him enough like a human to acknowledge his own decisions; she often caught heat for that, but people didn't understand his intellect. With glossed eyes and a bit of a watery mind she approached Eric's side and wrapped both, dainty arms around one of his for stability. He definitely supported her balance better than her partner, and was admittedly just nice to stand next to, height, warmth, humanness and all. She gave him a bit of a nudge, smiling to herself, "Thanks, I... I'm the seventh door on the left."

• Love
Reactions: RestlessComfort
"I guess we're similiar, yet different," Risk speaks, "I can't put my tongue to it, but I guess that's just... how it is. I wish I could say I'm spirited but... I just feel as if I'm not."

He blushed as he heard the splash of water on the bathroom grounds, phasing through the thickness of the door.

"I'm not a very trusted person back where I come from. It's good to see that you, and the others, trust me."
"Why wouldn't we trust you? You're not a criminal, are you?" She meant it teasingly, and even stuck out her tongue to accentuate her words, despite that being meaningless. She squirted some shampoo into her hand and began to wash her hair. Pecha berry scented. The best. "You're probably not, but, y'know, if you are? You have to stop associating with me. I can't have my stunning record and fabulous television spots tainted by someone with a criminal record!"

Ew, ew, shampoo on her tongue. She took a moment to spit it out and rinse her mouth with the scalding water.

"Besides," She went on, dumping some body wash into her hand (Watmel / Mago berry blend) and scrubbing down, "Of course we're similar! I've got my cute little Oswald and you have your...Weird...Other thing, you beat people up in a literal sense and I beat people up in the more metaphorical sense..." Tallulah laughed. "...We're practically made for each other!"​

Hisagi eyed the male, entirely indifferent in his expression, but the offered, narrow glance to his trainer from the corners of his eyes hinted distrust. Which was understandable, Rae had been taken advantage of before - her team mates always paid extra mind to their trainer's tendency to be naive and get herself into tense situations, and the unusual bar scene was basically setting her up for just those types of scenarios. "But Eric's safe, I think so," She told him with uncharacteristic certainty, which earned a solid nod from her partner if only because this stranger was logically the better option to support the young woman up a stair case. "Besides, if I don't lay down I'm just going to fall over right here."

Nodding, the bipedal creature disappeared up into the corridor, perhaps to her room, or maybe to hover in the shadows and keep an eye on the two - or wherever the hell else Hisagi went, she couldn't always keep decent tabs on him, but had also always treated him enough like a human to acknowledge his own decisions; she often caught heat for that, but people didn't understand his intellect. With glossed eyes and a bit of a watery mind she approached Eric's side and wrapped both, dainty arms around one of his for stability. He definitely supported her balance better than her partner, and was admittedly just nice to stand next to, height, warmth, humanness and all. She gave him a bit of a nudge, smiling to herself, "Thanks, I... I'm the seventh door on the left."

As Eric waited for an answer, he cursed under his breath. 'Maybe I shouldn't have said anything,' Eric thought to himself. It was obvious that he had overstepped his boundaries a tad. Hisagi eyed him menacingly, studying the tall boy with an indifferent expression. Her Pokemon didn't seem to trust him, but Rae was different. She whispered some things to Hisagi, seemingly comforting the Greninja enough for the proud bipedal creature to disappear up into the corridor. Eric smiled, relieved that he hadn't made a complete fool of himself. The trust and respect between them was mutual, and this brought a warm feeling to his sides. The beautiful woman worked her way over to him, wrapping both of her arms around his. She was warm.The comfort of another human-being's touch soothed all the troubles he had flowing about his mind. It was just him and her, and that's all he could focus on. Eric felt a slight nudge against his side, signaling him up the stairs.

"Thanks, I... I'm the seventh door on the left."

Eric brightly smiled and nodded, gripping her arm and hand tight. Step by step, the duo slowly worked their way up the stairs and down the hall until they came to the seventh door on the left, just as she had said. It took a little bit of balance, but Eric found a way to remain supporting the dainty brunette while he opened the door to her room. He gently brought her inside, closing the door behind them. Once inside, he turned on the light and gingerly helped her to sit on the edge of her bed, all the while smiling to himself.

"There we are," Eric said with a light chuckle and sigh.

For a moment, Eric took a few steps back just to admire her. Her brown locks flowed beautifully down her shoulders while her hazel eyes looked up at him. The moon light and fluorescent bulbs highlighted her frame magnificently, causing a rush of warmth to flood his cheeks. The butterflies in his stomach went from casually floating about to jabbing his sides trying to escape. Maybe it was the alcohol...no, it couldn't be. He was thinking far too clearly for this to be some dreamy haze. He had some actual feelings for this stranger, although he wasn't sure how strong they actually were. He tried not to let his feelings show through his eyes, but his lightly glossed pupils told the whole story. Hopefully, she was too tipsy to recognize his apparent adoration.

• Love
Reactions: mango
@Red crow, @Sasha Noblemine, @Naton

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon nodded. Nick and Claude then. He frowned into the distance though. He couldn't go back to sleep now. The information he received from that man's mind, disturbed him. He could feel the evil surrounding him the darkness was consuming his thoughts. No he could no sleep any more. In fact he couldn't trust the others to find a lead on this. This was something he needed to do alone. That's how he saw it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was him. Him alone to carry the burden of evil. He'd take Hoot out and fly to Unova by himself later tomorrow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He would have furthered the decision. However, he sense the life signs of another. He couldn't discern the distances or location, but he called out to Claude, "Claude! Wait there's someone around."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon's eyes flashed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Come out before I make you come out!" Kamon told whoever was hiding in the distance. It could have been more danger. Maybe that's what he thought because he was on edge.[/BCOLOR]

As Eric waited for an answer, he cursed under his breath. 'Maybe I shouldn't have said anything,' Eric thought to himself. It was obvious that he had overstepped his boundaries a tad. Hisagi eyed him menacingly, studying the tall boy with an indifferent expression. Her Pokemon didn't seem to trust him, but Rae was different. She whispered some things to Hisagi, seemingly comforting the Greninja enough for the proud bipedal creature to disappear up into the corridor. Eric smiled, relieved that he hadn't made a complete fool of himself. The trust and respect between them was mutual, and this brought a warm feeling to his sides. The beautiful woman worked her way over to him, wrapping both of her arms around his. She was warm.The comfort of another human-being's touch soothed all the troubles he had flowing about his mind. It was just him and her, and that's all he could focus on. Eric felt a slight nudge against his side, signaling him up the stairs.

"Thanks, I... I'm the seventh door on the left."

Eric brightly smiled and nodded, gripping her arm and hand tight. Step by step, the duo slowly worked their way up the stairs and down the hall until they came to the seventh door on the left, just as she had said. It took a little bit of balance, but Eric found a way to remain supporting the dainty brunette while he opened the door to her room. He gently brought her inside, closing the door behind them. Once inside, he turned on the light and gingerly helped her to sit on the edge of her bed, all the while smiling to himself.

"There we are," Eric said with a light chuckle and sigh.

For a moment, Eric took a few steps back just to admire her. Her brown locks flowed beautifully down her shoulders while her hazel eyes looked up at him. The moon light and fluorescent bulbs highlighted her frame magnificently, causing a rush of warmth to flood his cheeks. The butterflies in his stomach went from casually floating about to jabbing his sides trying to escape. Maybe it was the alcohol...no, it couldn't be. He was thinking far too clearly for this to be some dreamy haze. He had some actual feelings for this stranger, although he wasn't sure how strong they actually were. He tried not to let his feelings show through his eyes, but his lightly glossed pupils told the whole story. Hopefully, she was too tipsy to recognize his apparent adoration.

"Without destroying the inn? I'm surprised," She mused, "Thanks..."

He's so selfless, was the first thing that came to her hazy mind as he accompanied her back to her room. After the kind of day they had, everyone had dispersed one way or another, be it mentally by drowning themselves in unlikely conversation, or by quite literally leaving the inn for a while. You've got to be a little worn out, Eric. Yet you're standing there devoting all of your attention to... me. He had to be tired, between the physical events and all that introspection he apparently got quite easily lost in - yet he took the time to help her back to her room like a sweetheart, unbothered by her slight clumsiness.

"You know? You're cute when you look at me like that, or just really cute in general but, I didn't know how to say that - Oh, I guess I just did, what a ditz..." She giggled to herself, and pushed off the mattress, attempting to close some distance between them, momentarily forgetting about her lack of coordination and tripping over assumedly air. She only managed to catch herself by flinging her arms around Eric, her light figure pressing against his chest to keep herself from hitting the ground. Lips parted in a gasp, she gradually found her balance again, peering up with a flustered expression at the sudden proximity. But she liked the warmth, which was why she wasn't moving - despite her mind sort of screaming for her to do so, it was just a little too hazy to react how she normally would. Black lashes batting against her cheeks, Rae almost seemed bashful, "Sorry, I... um... hi."

• Love
"Without destroying the inn? I'm surprised," She mused, "Thanks..."

He's so selfless, was the first thing that came to her hazy mind as he accompanied her back to her room. After the kind of day they had, everyone had dispersed one way or another, be it mentally by drowning themselves in unlikely conversation, or by quite literally leaving the inn for a while. You've got to be a little worn out, Eric. Yet you're standing there devoting all of your attention to... me. He had to be tired, between the physical events and all that introspection he apparently got quite easily lost in - yet he took the time to help her back to her room like a sweetheart, unbothered by her slight clumsiness.

"You know? You're cute when you look at me like that, or just really cute in general but, I didn't know how to say that - Oh, I guess I just did, what a ditz..." She giggled to herself, and pushed off the mattress, attempting to close some distance between them, momentarily forgetting about her lack of coordination and tripping over assumedly air. She only managed to catch herself by flinging her arms around Eric, her light figure light pressing against his chest to keep herself from hitting the ground. Lips parted in a gasp, she gradually found her balance again, peering up with a flustered expression at the sudden proximity. But she liked the warmth, which was why she wasn't moving - despite her mind sort of screaming for her to do so, it was just a little too hazy to react how she normally would. Black lashes batting against her cheeks, Rae almost seemed bashful, "Sorry, I... um... hi."

"Without destroying the inn? I'm surprised. Thanks..."

He gave her a friendly smile, nodding his head in appreciation of her acknowledgement.

"It's really no problem," he said as his blue eyes met hers. "My pleasure."

There was something between them in this moment. He had the same look in his eyes as he did a few minutes prior. He felt a little silly at first, but then he realized she was looking at him with the same expression. 'Why...why is she looking at me like that?' he pondered to himself. Eric knew the reason deep down, but for some reason, he refused to believe it was true. The room was silent for a few minutes as Rae squinted and studied him. She looked him up and down, paying extra attention to his face.

"You know? You're cute when you look at me like that, or just really cute in general but, I didn't know how to say that - Oh, I guess I just did, what a ditz..."

With that, she giggled softly, still looking up at him. Eric's cheeks turned a bright red as he returned her quiet laugh. It wasn't very common that he was complimented. After all, on the road as a trainer, it was very rare to meet anyone of the female gender. Not knowing quite sure how to respond, Eric gave a shy smile, reaching up to scratch the back of his head.

"Well, thanks! I could say the same about --"

Eric didn't have time to finish the compliment before Rae came tumbling into him. She had pushed herself off the bed to get closer to him, but seemingly tripped on something, falling against his chest. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, using him for balance as she regained her stature. In return, Eric wrapped his arms around her, making sure she wouldn't fall any further. Her body against his made him feel warm inside. Sure the body heat was part of this, but not entirely. No, it was something far deeper than that. Her touch made his mind go blank, their eyes meeting after a few seconds. Eric expected her to move from him, but much to his surprise, her grip on him actually tightened, a flustered look on her face.

"Sorry, I... um... hi."

He wasn't sure what to say. All the voices in his head, including Akio's oddly enough, were screaming, 'Kiss her! Kiss her!' however, truth be told, Eric was much to respectful to just rush in, possibly taking advantage of his new friend. He chuckled lightly, equally as flustered.

"Hi."

The tension between them seemed to mount with each moment that passed. All he wanted to do was to wrap her in a warm embrace, but he was afraid to. Afraid of the consequences. Afraid of what she might think when she woke up the next morning. But the longer he held her in his arms, the more he began not to care. His mind was going blank again. Through all the thinking and worries, he hadn't realized that their lips had gotten closer than they were before. The only thing separating the two now was a small gap, a few inches in length, of pure air. He smiled again, looking deep in her eyes. His hands slipped down her back and found their way to her sides. He told himself it was just to keep her balanced, but it wasn't really the reason.

"Are you OK?" Eric asked quietly, a concerned and caring tone flooding into his voice.

• Love
Reactions: mango
"Without destroying the inn? I'm surprised. Thanks..."

He gave her a friendly smile, nodding his head in appreciation of her acknowledgement.

"It's really no problem," he said as his blue eyes met hers. "My pleasure."

There was something between them in this moment. He had the same look in his eyes as he did a few minutes prior. He felt a little silly at first, but then he realized she was looking at him with the same expression. 'Why...why is she looking at me like that?' he pondered to himself. Eric knew the reason deep down, but for some reason, he refused to believe it was true. The room was silent for a few minutes as Rae squinted and studied him. She looked him up and down, paying extra attention to his face.

"You know? You're cute when you look at me like that, or just really cute in general but, I didn't know how to say that - Oh, I guess I just did, what a ditz..."

With that, she giggled softly, still looking up at him. Eric's cheeks turned a bright red as he returned her quiet laugh. It wasn't very common that he was complimented. After all, on the road as a trainer, it was very rare to meet anyone of the female gender. Not knowing quite sure how to respond, Eric gave a shy smile, reaching up to scratch the back of his head.

"Well, thanks! I could say the same about --"

Eric didn't have time to finish the compliment before Rae came tumbling into him. She had pushed herself off the bed to get closer to him, but seemingly tripped on something, falling against his chest. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, using him for balance as she regained her stature. In return, Eric wrapped his arms around her, making sure she wouldn't fall any further. Her body against his made him feel warm inside. Sure the body heat was part of this, but not entirely. No, it was something far deeper than that. Her touch made his mind go blank, their eyes meeting after a few seconds. Eric expected her to move from him, but much to his surprise, her grip on him actually tightened, a flustered look on her face.

"Sorry, I... um... hi."

He wasn't sure what to say. All the voices in his head, including Akio's oddly enough, were screaming, 'Kiss her! Kiss her!' however, truth be told, Eric was much to respectful to just rush in, possibly taking advantage of his new friend. He chuckled lightly, equally as flustered.

"Hi."

The tension between them seemed to mount with each moment that passed. All he wanted to do was to wrap her in a warm embrace, but he was afraid to. Afraid of the consequences. Afraid of what she might think when she woke up the next morning. But the longer he held her in his arms, the more he began not to care. His mind was going blank again. Through all the thinking and worries, he hadn't realized that their lips had gotten closer than they were before. The only thing separating the two now was a small gap, a few inches in length, of pure air. He smiled again, looking deep in her eyes. His hands slipped down her back and found their way to her sides. He told himself it was just to keep her balanced, but it wasn't really the reason.

"Are you OK?" Eric asked quietly, a concerned and caring tone flooding into his voice.
Her porcelain skin was visibly red, almost comically so, but even as her blood rose, heated and discoloring her skin, she was gradually melting into his hold. It was just a matter of what do you do in a stranger's hold - especially when they don't feel like a stranger, whatever she and Eric were sharing failed to solidify the fact they'd only met hours ago. She tilted her head to the side, taking a moment to register what he'd asked. "Am I...? O-oh, um..."

Sure, I'm okay, I just... It appears as if... You know, you could hold me a little tighter...

"I think I forgot how to breathe," Admitting that made her head swim. Rae was unfamiliar with moments like this and struggled between fleeing and indulging - and why was he honest just being so perfect? She shifted her weight a little to match the way he was holding her, still dependent on his balance but not because she needed to be; she wondered if he could feel her heartbeat, or if his was beating as hard as hers did, the consistent thud in her chest the melodic drum of her impulses. She tilted her head up, thinking consequences be damned as she, very gently, kissed him. Though Rae wasn't know for being subtle, and leaned a little more and a little more, hugging him a little tighter, too in love with the lightheadedness to let go.

• Love
Her porcelain skin was visibly red, almost comically so, but even as her blood rose, heated and discoloring her skin, she was gradually melting into his hold. It was just a matter of what do you do in a stranger's hold - especially when they don't feel like a stranger, whatever she and Eric were sharing failed to solidify the fact they'd only met hours ago. She tilted her head to the side, taking a moment to register what he'd asked. "Am I...? O-oh, um..."

Sure, I'm okay, I just... It appears as if... You know, you could hold me a little tighter...

"I think I forgot how to breathe," Admitting that made her head swim. Rae was unfamiliar with moments like this and struggled between fleeing and indulging - and why was he honest just being so perfect? She shifted her weight a little to match the way he was holding her, still dependent on his balance but not because she needed to be; she wondered if he could feel her heartbeat, or if his was beating as hard as hers did, the consistent thud in her chest the melodic drum of her impulses. She tilted her head up, thinking consequences be damned as she, very gently, kissed him. Though Rae wasn't know for being subtle, and leaned a little more and a little more, hugging him a little tighter, too in love with the lightheadedness to let go.

At this point, Rae's skin was really starting to turn a bright, crimson red. Eric laughed to himself on the inside. The fact that he wasn't the only one blushing gave him some comfort. As the seconds passed, the duo sank into each other, becoming more like one person than two separate strangers. Holding Rae felt so natural, so right, so...needed. After everything that had happened earlier that day, they both needed something to take their minds off everything. Right now, nothing mattered. Eric felt like he was floating on air. He couldn't describe what he was feeling, and frankly, he didn't want to make the attempt. He already knew that he couldn't. His arms tightened around her, bringing them even closer together, only centimeters dividing them now.

"Am I...? O-oh, um...I think I forgot how to breathe,"

Eric knew exactly what she was talking about. It wasn't until now that he realized he was holding his breath, fearful that he would say something to mess everything up.

"I know exactly what you mean," Eric said with a genuine smile.

He couldn't believe this was happening. He was more happy and content in these last few moments then he had ever been in his life. Who would have thought that a simple storm could have brought perfection into his life...could have introduced him to such beauty and elegance. The entire concept was hard to fathom, but Eric had long since disregarded rational thought. Right now, he was focused on one thing, and one thing only. The duo sat in silence for a few moments, staring deeply into each other's eyes. Eric struggled to find the words to say. He needed some combination of letters that could show her exactly how he felt. Someway to tell her that even though they had just met, he felt so connected to her that it was hard to distinguish where his soul ended and hers began. To anyone on the outside looking in, this entire thing would seem foolish, but it didn't matter to Eric.

He tried to resist at first, but almost as though his body had a mind of it's own, Eric lent in and met Rae with a soft and meaningful kiss. Their lips intertwined, sending shivers down his spine and goosebumps down his body. He moved his arms up to gingerly enclose her, bringing her closer into him and making the kiss that more meaningful. Seconds passed, the world seeming to melt away from right underneath their feet. In this intense moment, it felt as though they were in their own little world. Nothing could touch them here. Not self-consciousness, not the events of earlier, not even feelings of remorse. Eric's mind was unraveling itself, adding a little more passion to the kiss than there was before. For the first time in years, Eric could say he was 100%, whole-heartedly, happy.​

• Love
Reactions: Red crow and mango
Status
Not open for further replies.