Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gengar was exhausted and Kamon was too. He didn't know much longer he could holding the shield. No one was going to come. At this point this was something Kamon understood. If only that pendant wasn't around, he would have been able to stop this woman. He would have already dealt with this situation. Instead he was sitting behind a forcefield, that was beginning to weaken on his end. He wasn't carrying his wait. Despite Esper, and Magic telling him they had it. Except that they were nearly as exhausted as he was.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No one was going to come. That's what Kamon was thinking. And no one would get the justice they deserved after they were brutally killed. He could barely take the onslaught of hits being struck. The shield was beginning to crack and finally someone came.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Took them long enough. Kamon's vision was going blurry, the force field weakened because he couldn't sustain it any longer. Falling to his knees. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Kamon," Magic said with concern.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm fine," Kamon told Magic, though that wasn't entirely the truth. He was staring at Akito, who had been now sitting on the floor with priest beads. He had been doing this the whole entire time. Saying a prayer would help them. Kamon didn't know the idiot squad was there to help him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As he watched the woman eat bricks from the fist of someone, he never got their name. Kamon tried to get up, but he had no strength. He was exhausted. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noticing the arrival of others Akito waved at Claude.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nice fist," Akito added. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Aho," Kamon uttered his breath.[/BCOLOR]

Hypnosis did just that? This woman... what was she?

Or maybe she was just she. Something was certainly up.

Or rather, on. On her. The amulet.

"Don't mind if I join in~" Risk speaks as the mad woman charged while Claude was recovering from the tough strike, slamming onto wooden furniture. "Get ready Malamar!"

Malamar's tentacles sharpened like blades as a dark aura surrounded them, to the extent of parring with the mad woman's knife. An epic swordfight took place as they negated each other's razor strikes.

"Tal, my comrade could use an extra set of tentacles, eight of them, preferably," Risk hints at Talluah. "In the meantime, I think I know what to do. But to play safe, we need to remove her weapon first."

@Lissamel @RestlessComfort @R E I @Red crow @Naton @Clyde

Reactions: mango
The long and treacherous journey was excruciating, taking it's toll on every single person and Pokemon in the group. Eric had taken the lead for most of the way, using Kyo's heightened senses to keep track of the sky-born Pokemon. The trip was pretty smooth given the circumstances. The only stops were to help out beached Pokemon and regain their bearings when they had seemingly lost sight of the Noctowl. A trip that would have originally taken 5 minutes ended up taking 20 times that. Eric was beginning to worry about his Lucario. His force field started to flicker and Kyo looked weaker and weaker by the minute. If Kyo was to suddenly collapse, taking the force field with him, they would both perish. Eric placed his hand on Kyo's shoulder as they neared the Ranger's cabin.

"Hand in there Kyo. We're gonna do this together. We are in this to the end," he whispered to Kyo with a smile.

The sleek Lucario confidently nodded, continuing to trek through the rain. After almost 2 hours of walking, the cabin was finally in sight. The rain made it exceedingly difficult to see anything, but in front of the cabin, Eric made out three human figures. There stood a boy worriedly consoling two exhausted poison Pokemon, and another man going all out to keep a psychic barrier up. Along with this, a mad woman slashed at the barrier with a knife, screaming obscenities at the small group of two. Eric took a double take to make sure this is what he saw, but his eyes didn't lie.

"That's her! We need to help them!"

In response, Cluade began to shout orders at the group.

"I'll distract her. Eric, get Kamon. Rea try to get that dark haired guy out of my way, don't get hurt yourself. The rest of you, take every opportunity to neutralize that amulet."

It seemed noble enough for Cluade to distract her, but Eric knew this wasn't Cluade's reason for charging off at the women. It was personal. No one else in the group, except for maybe Riken, had seen the rage that Cluade emitted after his first meeting with her. If they had, odds were they wouldn't be following him now. He decided to keep this to himself, running to help Kamon, but keeping a close eye on Cluade and his encounter. Kamon was passed out while another boy prayed next to him. If he was to save Kamon, he had to hurry. Eric put his right arm under Kamon's head and his left arm under his legs, honeymoon style. Quickly, Eric dashed into the cover of some trees near the cabin, placing Kamon gingerly underneath. It seemed like a safe spot. The rain wouldn't reach him under the shield of mother nature, so deciding his job was done, Eric turned his attention back to Cluade and the women. He had looked away to long; Cluade laid in the dirt, bleeding from two slashes along his face and chest.

'Damn it Cluade. Couldn't you have waited?!' Eric thought to himself.

Now Eric had a choice. The women was now occupied with the smaller boy. Would he get Cluade to safety? Or would he help stop this women? It only took a second for him to decide. Cluade's life was more important then stopping this women. They had grown close from being thrown into this together. Like a bolt of lightning, Eric charged over to Cluade's side, picking him up, and carrying him to the same place he took Kamon. Cluade was quite a bit heavier then Kamon was, but Eric was fit and strong. He carried Cluade with ease, setting him down gently next to Kamon, still bleeding heavily. Cluade was sure to be upset with being slightly man handled, but whether he knew it or not, it was best for him. After Eric had gotten both Kamon and Cluade to safety, he ran back into the rain, where the maniacal women was still occupied by the smaller boy. He seemed to be hinting at Tallulah to help him, but Eric decided that until Tallulah could pick up on the hint, he would have to help the boy in her stead. He grabbed two Pokeballs from his waist and tossed them into the air.

"Sei! Akira! I choose you!"

From the two Pokeballs erupted a large Zoroark and a sweet looking Togekiss. Eric spent little time before shouting orders to them. Not only did the group have higher numbers, Eric and his Pokemon had the element of surprise. Hopefully, with a three on one assault, they could over power the women.

"Akira! Use razor leaf and aim it at the knife! Sei! Use flamethrower to set the leaves on fire!"

From the Togekiss's mouth shot 5 leaves, all sharpened down to a thin point, heading straight towards the women's hand. In addition to this, Sei lit the leaves on fire with a mighty flamethrower, increasing the damage they would do if they landed. One would think the leaves would just burn up, but since the rain was still falling heavily, the fire was able to burn without turning the leaves to ash. Hopefully, the 5 flaming razor leaves would make contact with the knife and disarm her. At the very least, Eric hoped they would hit her body, causing some serious damage and making the groups job a little bit easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito stood up from prayer and took out his Pokeball, though it was strange in the sense that the ball was all red in design. A Cherish Ball. He decided he'd help as well. Kissing the pokeball before releasing it with a saying[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My dear friend, may blossoms bloom and winter end when your presence shines," Akito said, releasing into the fray a Venusaur, who roared with a boisterous roar. One minute Akito seemed like an idiot. The next he was elegant and stylish like a monk.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sunny waited with fierce determination for an order. All Akito needed to do was nod and Sunny understood with a simply blink of his eyes. Whipping out in seconds were Venusaurs' vines, ready to capture the woman everyone was releasing attacks on.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We will bind this evil," Akito told Sunny. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While many others might have assumed either he was crazy or being dramatic. [/BCOLOR]

Reactions: RestlessComfort
Once Nick was out of the inn he spotted the Noctowl and made it his target. The journey after that was hard. On the way the group was rescuing Pokemon and man alike but not Nick. His sights were set on the Noctowl. It did not help that he was shorter then most of the group. Aside from those few details the trip seamed to blur together in Nicks mind. After what he guessed was two hours, the group finally made it to their destination. Though Nick did not stop to help, he was one of the last to arrive. Now in the ranger building Nick could see it all. There was a girl wielding a knife and repeatedly striking a barrier with which an unfamiliar boy stood holding. Nick could clearly see that the boy was near his limit. If they had taken any more time to get there the boy might have died. Not long after they were in the building the tall red haired man rushed the girl with his bare fists. He slammed his fist into the girls face and Nick was sure that should have been it. Any other person would have collapsed right there but she did not. She took the blow and then returned it with her knife. The knife blade whipped along his body but that did not seem to slow him down; he just kept punching. with every strike she dodged out of the way. It seemed she was making a game of it, like cat and mouse. Nick had his eyes focused on the amulet around the girls neck. Like he had done so many times before, he Jumped up and onto one of the supporting beams that ran the length of the building. He then swung and leaped from beam to beam till he was on the other side of the room behind the girl. She was now fighting a short boy with a Pokemon Nick had never seen. It did not matter to him though. He had done this plenty of times and was sure he could pull it off. With the grace and stealth of his Umbreon, Nick had jumped down from the beam and landed behind the girl. Without touching her he attempted to grab the amulet around her neck.​

Cluade winced as Eric picked him up, feeling the wound on his chest open up as he did so. When he was placed at the foot of the tree he let out a weak cough and reached a hound outwards, talking with a raspy voice.
"Eric... please..."
But it was too late, the blonde boy had run back into the fray after saving him again. Cluade felt useless and weak. How could he help anyone if he was so pathetic? He began to feel the boiling anger in his stomach, then in his fists, and finally in his head. Cluade blanked out.

"Now things are really getting interesting!" The woman screeched as she dodged through vines and tentacles, taking the occasional razor leaf to her body, ripping every one of them out without even flinching. That's when one of the boys at the tree stood up. It hadn't bothered her much when the redhead was taken from the battle field, he would bleed out in a few minutes anyway, but now he was standing. She faltered for a moment, was this fear? The moment of shock did not end well for her, however, as she was hit multiple times by vines and tentacles, quickly followed by a pelting of razor leaves. She coughed up a bit of blood as she frantically removed the leaves, and she had just removed the last one when she felt the chain of the amulet begin to lift from her neck. She turned around rapidly as the small boy withdrew, she would have chased after him but she could feel the amulet begin to slip: the chain had been broken. she desperately grabbed for the amulet when she turned back to see the redhead far closer than he was last time, a violently shaking fist raised in the air. The redhead made a noise unlike anything she had ever heard, like the roar of a dragon Pokemon. The fist slammed into her arm resulting in a sickly crack.
The arm was completely decimated, bent a few inches above the elbow where Cluade had struck her, forcing her to droop the knife. Eric could barely restrain Cluade, fearing what he would do if he could hit her again. The vines from the Venasuar entrapped the woman, though she still grasped the amulet with all of her might.
"I'll...Kill... all of you!"

Cluade winced as Eric picked him up, feeling the wound on his chest open up as he did so. When he was placed at the foot of the tree he let out a weak cough and reached a hound outwards, talking with a raspy voice.
"Eric... please..."
But it was too late, the blonde boy had run back into the fray after saving him again. Cluade felt useless and weak. How could he help anyone if he was so pathetic? He began to feel the boiling anger in his stomach, then in his fists, and finally in his head. Cluade blanked out.

"Now things are really getting interesting!" The woman screeched as she dodged through vines and tentacles, taking the occasional razor leaf to her body, ripping every one of them out without even flinching. That's when one of the boys at the tree stood up. It hadn't bothered her much when the redhead was taken from the battle field, he would bleed out in a few minutes anyway, but now he was standing. She faltered for a moment, was this fear? The moment of shock did not end well for her, however, as she was hit multiple times by vines and tentacles, quickly followed by a pelting of razor leaves. She coughed up a bit of blood as she frantically removed the leaves, and she had just removed the last one when she felt the chain of the amulet begin to lift from her neck. She turned around rapidly as the small boy withdrew, she would have chased after him but she could feel the amulet begin to slip: the chain had been broken. she desperately grabbed for the amulet when she turned back to see the redhead far closer than he was last time, a violently shaking fist raised in the air. The redhead made a noise unlike anything she had ever heard, like the roar of a dragon Pokemon. The fist slammed into her arm resulting in a sickly crack.
The arm was completely decimated, bent a few inches above the elbow where Cluade had struck her, forcing her to droop the knife. Eric could barely restrain Cluade, fearing what he would do if he could hit her again. The vines from the Venasuar entrapped the woman, though she still grasped the amulet with all of her might.

Eric retracted in shock. The women had taken Akira's flaming razor leaves to her side and pulled them out without a second thought. She really was powerful. Doubt began to seep into Eric's mind. Could they really defeat such a strong adversary? She was juggling the whole group like it was some form of twisted circus act. They would have to rethink their strategy or else they would all be done for. Just like that, almost on cue, Eric heard rapidly approaching footsteps coming from behind him. He turned quickly around to identify the source: it was Cluade. The tall ginger was sprinting towards the women with his fists clenched and fire in his eyes. This was the second time today Eric had seen that look on Cluade's face, and unfortunately, he knew what it meant. As Cluade neared the women, she took her attention off the fight for a brief moment. Utilizing this distraction, the rest of the group began pelting her with attacks. Razor leaves, vines, and tentacles all made contact with the women's flesh, making her retract slightly and opening her up for Cluade's move. The red-haired teen collided with the side of the women's arm with tremendous force, practically snapping it in half. The sickly noise of broken bone rang out into the night, making the group wince in reluctant empathy. Eric couldn't let Cluade continue his viscous attack. As quick as he could, Eric ran over to Cluade, pulling both of his arms behind his back and restraining him. Cluade practically foamed at the mouth, yelling obscenities at the women while the Venasaur's vines finally reached her. They wrapped around her snugly, restricting any and all movement. For now, the women wasn't able to do anything but hiss out spiteful threats.

It was difficult for Eric to hold such a large boy back, but he knew that if he didn't, Cluade would end up getting himself hurt again. Until Cluade could calm down, no matter what it took, Eric was going to hold him back. The dust had finally settled, allowing the group and their Pokemon to catch their breath. Struggling to get any words out, Eric managed to squeak out a couple sentences.

"Cluade, we've got her! Calm down! You aren't helping anyone like this!"

He hoped the familiar voice of a friend would be enough to bring him back to reality.

"Cluade, we've got her! Calm down! You aren't helping anyone like this!"

For a moment Cluade didn't hear anything, he just struggled against Eric's hold. Eventually, the words properly settled with him.
"You aren't helping anyone"

Finally, Cluade took a breath, he seemed dazed and confused before coming to the realization of what had happened. He stopped struggling and looked around to see the occasional nervous glance cast in his direction. Cluade stared at his feet.
"Eric," He said solemnly. "you can let me go now."
Eric looked at him for a second, then he hesitantly let go of the redheaded giant.
"Somebody... pry the amulet out of her hand and break it. I..." He seemed to want to say something, but was too ashamed to, he turned his head to the side and scoffed. "Just get rid of the amulet."
with that, Cluade turned around and walked over to Kamon.

"Tal, my comrade could use an extra set of tentacles, eight of them, preferably,"

What was this? What was anything? Tallulah's shoes were still squishy as she all but skidded to a stop, trying to take a moment and absorb what exactly was happening. There was a madwoman on the premises, that was clear, and she had a magic artifact maybe? First of all, those didn't exist. Secondly, if they did, she wanted five of them. Or more. Now, preferably. Leaves were flying left and right, and one person had a...

Actually, what was it? Tallulah was not a stranger to cephalopods, but this was no Tentacruel or Octillery that she'd ever seen. Was it special? She wanted that, too. She could probably buff it up with a few poffins, see where it's stats--

The question caught her mind off guard.

"Listen, I-I don't actually do this whole battling thing! I'm a contest girl! I can't have th-them all working like that--"

Oswald, however, had other ideas. This woman had issued a death threat--And that made her a threat to Tallulah. He took aim, and like a shoulder-mounted cannon the Octillery shot off an Octozooka. And then another. Another. Another! His aim was rather loose and general, and with every shot his master had to find her footing again ("Ozzy, I didn't tell you to do anything!"), but he wasn't relenting.

So much for vacation.​

Cluade, we've got her! Calm down! You aren't helping anyone like this

Somebody... pry the amulet out of her hand and break it. I... Just get rid of the amulet

Listen, I-I don't actually do this whole battling thing! I'm a contest girl!

Rae had paid no mind to the individual Cluade had told her to deal with, for he'd already moved out of the way quite some time ago. She also made no attempts to collide with their adversary, to hold anyone back from acting out - she just watched, not only waiting for the point where their opposition was so worn down only possession could keep her going, but also getting to understanding her temporary allies should this be a more prolonged grouping than she'd anticipated. Eric made an effort of remaining somewhat collected and making his friends wellbeing a priority, as opposed to any kind of relentless pursuit, like saving himself or endin the woman.

Cluade... Rae didn't know him well enough, to determine whether or not he was a violent individual by nature, just waiting for a chance to release built up anger - or if he'd simply pursued the woman in the manner he felt was best given the circumstances, and considering his role in it all it wasn't as though there was a lot of time to think rationally. Rae just made time to over think, sacrificing moments where she could have responded to consider a better way to contribute overall. His approached startled her only when Eric indeed had to restrain him, but the brunette still couldn't say she disagreed with how he approached their enemy; if she had been given the chance and they weren't a little to enclosed (as well as surrounded by this rain for most of the time) Cherche would have made this bastard one with the ground, no gore excluded.

Having lingered farther away from the whole ordeal, Hisagi had discretely been released and was now by her side, posture straight, eyes narrowed; exhilarating as the circumstances were, neither seemed phased. The pair seemed to be waiting for an opening of some sorts, every one of which was obstructed as the smaller boy, Cluade, and Eric all conflicted with the maniacal woman, exchanging blows and words but not getting to what was obviously the key issue - that piece of jewelry.

"For the record," She cast her caramel gaze to Hisagi, who peered up at her with mild amusement, "I had no desire to be productive today. But this bitch nearly drowned me."

He gurgled in response, and then disappeared into a veil of water, appearing once again though he hung above the woman, blended with the slightest cast of shadows, waiting to descend. Rae proceeded to take her first step forward, freezing in her tracks as clusters of gunk shot forward repeatedly, further cementing the female who was already constricted by vines. Two, three, four shots - if she wriggled out of that, Rae was throwing in the towel. "Alright, take it, I don't need to get close to her, I might get infected," Sneered the brunette, and with a swift notion Hisagi landed beside the woman, prying her hand open with extrasensory, accompanied by Cayde who increased power with his own psychic prowess to force visibility of her palm, and then snatching the amulet, paying no mind to the human herself, just the objective. "By the way, you're not doing anything, it's just this piece of junk causing trouble. Don't get so cocky, hun." He appeared beside Rae within a blink's duration, and held the amulet up for her to observe, before getting the nod of approval from his trainer and smashing it with a subtle smack down, morsels of its making shattering against the ground. Cayde then gathered the remnants together and proceeded to grind them to dust, murmuring something about taking chances.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Angry with the circumstances, he stepped forward after the amulet was taken.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The seeds of evil that you have planted, have been taken," Akito told the woman, "Your soul must be cleansed from the darkness that bathes your soul."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Which seemed like a strange thing to say in these circumstances. But the already confusion battle was met with Akito sticking a paper talisman on the woman's head and putting his two fingers together.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Begun from your body the source of darkness so woven inside," Akito told the woman. It was hard for Akito to keep up with most of it. But he was solely angry with the use of evil. And solely angry with the way this woman had killed people.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Beyond that he respected the lighting strike one to have guarded and protected him. To bare all the pain in one's own body like Claude. Who was a fit of anger. Pounding. Coursing anger. Akito turned to Claude.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Friend, whose name reminds me of the steel of a sword, soothe your soul, I may wash the poison of evil from your soul," Akito offered with a talisman in hand.[/BCOLOR]

Cluade never made eye contact with Rea, he didn't even look as he passed by her to get a closer look at what Akito held out to him. He grimaced down at the talisman, still quite embarrassed and ashamed. Normally he would have taken the talisman as a gesture of goodwill or at least to humor Akito, but right now Cluade felt like he just needed to get away.
"Thank's Akito, but I've tried religion, there isn't any antidote for this 'poison.' It's just a part of who I am, I guess." He said sadly.

Akito looked confused, visibly perplexed. He bent down almost ignoring the threat and grabbing Claude's hand.

"Swords can be used to hurt people, but swords can be used for justice as well. They can help people," Akito told Claude, "I am not offering because you're evil. I am offering because I don't want someone to use your heart in the wrong way."

With that Akito let go of Claude's hand, leaving the talisman behind. In Kanji it read; In Good Faith.

Cluade stared down again at the amulet, another perspective in mind. He managed a weak smile and looked back up to Akito.
"Thank you."

She nearly broke here fingers trying to keep grasp of the amulet, she cried and begged the Alakazam to stop, that she needed it. The creature paid her no mind and took amulet from her hand, immediately causing her to feel drained and tired. The Alakazam appeared next to the brunette, who she could barely see through her tears.
"Please, don't!"
The brunette ignored her, however, and with a swift nod of the head the Alakazam had shattered it. Pain ruptured through her body as all of her energy left, the wounds she had taken during battle finally leaving their mark, even if it was only a fraction of what they should have been. when the pain subsided her head was to heavy to hold, breathing like an asthmatic hound, with the last of her strength she spoke with a raspy voice.
"I'll...kill... you... I possesssss... the power of... the mighty ssss-" Then she collapsed entirely, the only thing holding her up were the vines and smudge that had previously detained her. A moment passed as one last bolt of the dark blue lightning shattered through the purple clouds, and then the rain stopped almost at once. The clouds fizzled away and died, revealing a beautifully clear night sky. The stars sparkled and the moon shined brightly, showing that the heavens had remained unperturbed by the storm, simply waiting to be looked upon again in it's beauty.

"Eric, you can let me go now."

Cluade had finished thrashing around now, finally realizing where he was and what he was doing. Eric hesitantly released him, the tall teen taking a moment to look around before hanging his head in shame.

"Somebody... pry the amulet out of her hand and break it. I... Just get rid of the amulet"

It wasn't long after this that Rae, with the help of her Pokemon, snatched the amulet from the woman's strong clutch. In response to this, the woman became erratic and inconsolable, seemingly pleading for her life.

"Please, don't!"

It was hard for Eric to watch. The woman was so distraught and upset...the whole situation was disturbing to witness. With little to no hesitation, Rae smashed the amulet, causing the woman to retract in pain and begin to scream. She appeared like she was being tortured, slowly loosing passion and energy as her body finally slumped over. With her dying breath, the maniacal woman spat one final threat.

"I'll...kill... you... I possesssss... the power of... the mighty ssss-"

She didn't have time to finish her thought before the life was completely drained from her. It had taken a lot out of them, but they had done it. They stopped the murderous women as well as the storm. The dark grey clouds disappeared as quickly as they had come, taking the sinister rain and depressing atmosphere with it. Once again, Eric felt the warm rays of the sun against his face. Although they had won, it didn't feel like a victory. The group stood silent, everyone with the same question on their mind: What next? Cluade had retracted into a shameful silence, only breaking it to make small talk with Akito. As for the rest of the group, they all stood separate from one another, staring at the dead body being held up by guck and vines. Eric decided he should break the silence in an attempt to comfort the group. He cleared his throat, stepping into the center focus of the party.

"I just wanted to thank all of you for your help. Without you, Cluade and I would have been no match for her. Each of you contributed something, and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate that. It may not seem like it, but we did a good thing here."

It wasn't much of a speech, but Eric had tried his best, addressing the group as a whole, but maintaining eye contact with people here and there.

"It wasn't easy, but we did it. Pastoria has us to thank for protecting the town. We may not have came here with the goal of saving a town, but that is what we did. A group of strangers were able to topple an extremely powerful trainer, and that alone is something to be proud of."

Now that his poor excuse of a pep talk was done, he turned back towards the woman's suspended body.

"The docks are probably going to be down for a few days, so all of us are stuck here for the time being. First thing is first though," Eric began, hesitantly pointing up at the dead woman's body. "We have to take care of this first. Obviously, we cant just leave her here on the ground. Children and Pokemon play in this forest. We need to --"

Eric paused, trying to find the right words to say.

"-- dispose of her...any ideas?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon opened his eyes slowly, as if the dissipating of the dark energy had released him from his fatigue. But he was still pretty tired. The pendant had drained most of his focus and concentration. Normally that wouldn't have been an issue using his abilities for an extensive time. Yet, the dark clouds and the sickening amount of power on the pendant. He used the tree trunk to help brace himself. Though he realized his Pokemon were at his side. He could feel their worry and concern.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm fine," he told them quietly. Except that he was unstable. It was weird to feel so weak because he had normally been so powerful. His mother use to tell his powers were like hers or maybe better. Walking cautiously towards the cottage because a crowd had gathered there. He walked into the cottage quietly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He owed this group something. He was now indebted to them for coming when they did. Or else he could have been dead. Something he wasn't so willing to own up to. But something he knew he should own up to. There was a softer expression in Kamon's eyes and he fixated them on Claude's for a second. He had walked in on the last bit of the speech and gave the other kid another tired expression, before glancing away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you for your assistance, if you need my help, I owe you that much," Kamon told them. He turned to the one giving speeches. "Sorry for speaking out earlier. I can get carried away." Kamon said quietly trailing off the last bit. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito was lost in his own world. Praising Sunny by feeding him pouffle as a big reward for being so brave. He had completely forgotten who was giving the speech. Then suddenly it all came back to Akito as the word dispose came of.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let Mush Eat her!" Akito announced out of nowhere.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito took a moment. And then simply seemed to forget his current crusade going back to petting Sunny. [/BCOLOR]

"It should be me." Cluade said quickly. "I was the one... It should be me. I need to do this bit, alone."
SELFISH BOY, SELFISH LYING BOY
He looked to Eric, awaiting a response, once he nodded Cluade picked up the lifeless body and slung it over his shoulder, walking into the woods. The deeper he got into the woods the more swamp like the ground got and the further his mind wandered. when he got to a point where the mud was deep enough, he simply submerged her body into the grime and began to push, the ground swallowing her entirely until she was at least three feet under the ground itself, the foot of water that hovered over it adding to it's superficial depth. He never bothered to call out any of his Pokemon: this was his job.
THIS HAPPENS FAR TO OFTEN FOR YOU BUT I'M GUESSING THE OTHERS WONT HEAR ABOUT THAT
Emerging from the bank covered in mud and blood, he reached into his pockets and pulled out an old looking case of cigarettes, staring at them intensely in deep thought. Eventually he popped one out along with a lighter and placed it in his mouth, lighting it before placing the talisman that Akito had given him around his neck. He exhaled the smoke and made his way back to the group, he still felt terrible, and he dreaded seeing Rea again after nearly tearing a human to pieces, but at least one thing was behind him now.

SHE ISN'T DONE YET, DIG HER UP, BURN HER, YOU HAVE TO STOP HER!

Once the boy was gone he gave the orders.
"The area's clear, she's definitely under the mud, get in there and start digging her up!"
The three other men clad in black jumped off the ledge and waddled through the swamp with shovels in their hands, carefully avoiding getting their shadowy amulets dirty. They began the arduous task of removing a corpse from the mud, moving on to carry the body back to ledge they leaped from.
"There you are, miss Gloria, found yourself in quite the sticky situation, eh?" He spoke to the corpse like a sleeping child, tracing her lifeless face tenderly. "This little trinket should prove more than enough." He laughed sleazily as he pulled a thin chain through an X shaped pendant, placing it around her neck.
When the new amulet was properly in place, her eyes shot open.
"Right then, we're off to Unova."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon opened his eyes slowly, as if the dissipating of the dark energy had released him from his fatigue. But he was still pretty tired. The pendant had drained most of his focus and concentration. Normally that wouldn't have been an issue using his abilities for an extensive time. Yet, the dark clouds and the sickening amount of power on the pendant. He used the tree trunk to help brace himself. Though he realized his Pokemon were at his side. He could feel their worry and concern.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm fine," he told them quietly. Except that he was unstable. It was weird to feel so weak because he had normally been so powerful. His mother use to tell his powers were like hers or maybe better. Walking cautiously towards the cottage because a crowd had gathered there. He walked into the cottage quietly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He owed this group something. He was now indebted to them for coming when they did. Or else he could have been dead. Something he wasn't so willing to own up to. But something he knew he should own up to. There was a softer expression in Kamon's eyes and he fixated them on Claude's for a second. He had walked in on the last bit of the speech and gave the other kid another tired expression, before glancing away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you for your assistance, if you need my help, I owe you that much," Kamon told them. He turned to the one giving speeches. "Sorry for speaking out earlier. I can get carried away." Kamon said quietly trailing off the last bit. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito was lost in his own world. Praising Sunny by feeding him pouffle as a big reward for being so brave. He had completely forgotten who was giving the speech. Then suddenly it all came back to Akito as the word dispose came of.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let Mush Eat her!" Akito announced out of nowhere.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito took a moment. And then simply seemed to forget his current crusade going back to petting Sunny. [/BCOLOR]
Eric waited for a few moments, scanning through the group for an idea. Before anyone spoke up, Kamon shakily approached him and began to apologize.

"Sorry for speaking out earlier. I can get carried away."

'He must be referring to interrupting Riken and I's battle earlier,' Eric thought to himself. He gave a bright and genuine smile before putting his hand on Kamon's shoulder.

"In the past," Eric said reassuringly.

The two's moment was interrupted as the Pokemon monk shouted out his idea for the disposal of the body.

"Let Mush Eat her!"

Eric couldn't tell if he was serious or not, but it didn't matter. Cluade responded before he had the chance to.

"It should be me. I was the one... It should be me. I need to do this bit, alone."

It might not have been the best idea, but Eric could feel how desperately Cluade desired to put all of this in the past himself. Eric reluctantly nodded, giving Cluade the OK to sling the woman over his shoulder and charge off into the forest. He was gone for a few minutes, members of the group talking among themselves to pass the time. It almost seemed like things were back to normal -- until Cluade returned, covered head to toe in mud and blood.

"Is it done?" Eric asked Cluade.

Cluade just nodded before hanging his head in shame once more. That was it; they were rid of their main problem. What next?

"We are obviously going to the same place, but the docks are definitely going to be closed for a few days. I'd recommend we all buy a room for the night and relax for the rest of the evening. Drinks are on me," Eric joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.