Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that, the battle was all good and the woman was defeated.

Malamar slapped its tentacles against one of Oswald's, indicating the cephalopod equivalent of a high-five. "Krrrrr... (good to see another tentacled individual from the sea around to help. Name's Malamar.)"

Risk looked at Talluah. "Well, what can I say? Life is strange. And it'll only get stranger from here."

Eric points to a dead body - the defeated woman's in particular - and requests suggestions for disposal.

"This is Pastoria City, an area chock-filled with Marshes," Risk stared in very mild shock as the woman dies. "The first thing that comes to one's mind is burying her."

"Let Mush Eat her!" Akito shouts.

"Eh, I've heard worse," Risk was weirded out by this lad's mannerisms, dull kept a meek smile. "I thought someone was going to mention dismembering before that emerged from anyone's mouth"

At the end of it all, Claude volunteered to do it alone.

"How's the trip? Got a trip?" Risk asked a returning Claude. "It's probably over for now. Have a rest, relax and refresh. It has been quite a day. And afternoon. Probably evening too."

"We are obviously going to the same place, but the docks are definitely going to be closed for a few days. I'd recommend we all buy a room for the night and relax for the rest of the evening. Drinks are on me," Eric speaks up.

Risk looks at Claude's filth-covered clothing, then everyone's wet dons, then back at Eric, responding to his request. "True, true. Hopefully the rooms you speak of are part of an intact inn. Let's get searching."

@Lissamel @RestlessComfort @Red crow @LoveandHate91 @Clyde @R E I

Cluade shook his head at Risk's question He did have a trip, the issue was he knew what that meant in relation to the situation. It made him slightly uncomfortable how well versed both of them seemed to be in the art of hiding bodies. Luckily, before he had to respond Risk became distracted by Eric.
"We are obviously going to the same place, but the docks are definitely going to be closed for a few days. I'd recommend we all buy a room for the night and relax for the rest of the evening. Drinks are on me,"
Eric joked, but right about now a drink actually sounded fantastic. Cluade began silently walking back to the Inn, considering lighting up another smoke but ultimately deciding against it. He walked around everyone, still sulking, though clearly less morose than before. He really hoped the the Inn had a bar, but he thought, perhaps, he should shower before checking.

We are obviously going to the same place, but the docks are definitely going to be closed for a few days. I'd recommend we all buy a room for the night and relax for the rest of the evening. Drinks are on me...

"Mighty kind of you, Eric, right?" offered the brunette, attempting to match his light hearted response, though her voice merely lilted as she observed Cluade, of whom was beyond worse for wear. Not at all like the man she'd met earlier, eagerly awaiting his shot at betterment. Not knowing him well enough kept her planted where she stood, though it was in her nature (despite how cold she seemed smashing that stranger's life force) to want to go and console him. Soft words, light nudges, bad jokes - Rae's specialized ways of soothing burdens - even the ones she's couldn't relate to very well. Instead she just lightly bit at her thumb nail, her doe eyes blatantly fixated on him; she couldn't say, but it almost seemed like he was making a point to avoid her eye contact, which made her question at what point had he lost the will to make contact with her. Was it when he had his outburst? Why is it she hadn't taken that as seriously as everyone else?

This was the point and time where Rae was prone to disappearing, like she had with the civilians that morning, and just about anyone else before today - once the job was done, it was time to leave, to avoid any sort of attachments and leave remnants equivalent of a ghost. At least for today, however, she wanted to stick around - in truth, to ensure everyone's well being, though also out of discomfort personally. Holding that amulet, though she kept the descriptions behind her lips, was like fondling darkness in a tangible manner. It didn't feel good, and left her wishing for a shower instinctively - heading out into the world with possibilities opened up to them like the scenario presented today wasn't really on Rae's list of aspirations, all in all, it'd really creeped her out.

Swept away in her over analyzing, Rae had momentarily lost sight of Cluade - her head perked up like an attentive pup, searching for it's only sense of familiarity. When she caught him silently skulking away, she pushed off the wall she'd been leaning against and trotted past the others, offering Risk a half smile, over to him. Cayde returned to his capsule, though Hisagi disappeared, bolting far ahead of the group to scout the area by nature. Silent at first, hands clasped behind her back, she amiably let her presence be known once she'd approached his side, however, peering up at him, hair falling past her shoulders, rose lips quirked upwards in a hey there, stranger kind of smile, black lashes thick and batting against her cheek bones. She didn't say anything though, just kept his pace, steps a little balletic.

Reactions: RestlessComfort
Well she sure seems chipper, maybe she doesn't think I'm some sort of raging lunatic. Happy thoughts, Cluade, happy thoughts.
YOU ARE A RAGING LUNATIC, THOUGH
He managed to force a worried smile onto his face and brought himself to make eye contact, growing a bit self conscious of his light tobacco smell, though he supposed it couldn't be much worse than the filth he had been covered in hiding the body.
"Hey there, Rea, how are you after all of... that?" He really began to falter now, he wasn't used to being approached after... well. It didn't help that Rea had begun to remind him of someone he knew once upon a time, his tired eyes conveyed a sense of sadness at the returning memories, but he tried to push that solemness aside. Here was a girl, she was smiling, he just had to avoid bringing the mood down. Though he was still clearly uncomfortable, a portion of his confidence had been restored, thanks to Rea. She would never be able to understand the gratitude he felt for that.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon just groaned a little, he was still tired from his ordeal. All he wanted to do was curl up and sleep somewhere comfortable. He stumbled over to brace himself on a wall or something listening to the banter. Or trying to. Speaking with people was always something difficult for Kamon. Pokemon came easy because he understood them in a way most people could not. Kamon never understood his fellow humans. And often times Kamon never felt truly human. There were stories about psychic people as powerful as him turning into Alakazams.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though he wondered where myth and legend lie between tales of truth. Kamon slid down the wall and simply sat in the cottage. While everyone discussed a bit further. One of the kids, the one he yelled at earlier spoke about drinks. And the others were, he guessed, what looked like flirting.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meanwhile, Akito turned around and looked loosely are the floorboards. His expression was not quite as fierce and the air headed personality seemed to shine right now. Akito's thoughts as drifting as a Drifloon most days.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito turned to the group.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If you do not mind, I would like to cleanse this area of its evil and have a proper spiritual guidances for the dead," Akito told them, "I will come to the inn. Or I will not. It depends where I am taken."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon simply slumped down on the floor, lying now on the wooden planks. Looking at the stains of blood. And simply trying to make sure his eyes didn't close again. He needed to muster the strength to walk back to the inn. He felt something paw his face. It was Esper.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sure," Kamon told Esper, "Let's go to the inn."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon raised himself up again. Then smirked. He looked to the kid who offered to buy drinks.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Do you actually have the wallet to pay for drinks?" Kamon teased, though it came off harsher than what Kamon intended. So he sounded like he was being an asshole. When Kamon meant it all in good fun.[/BCOLOR]

"Mighty kind of you, Eric, right?"

Eric nodded to the brunette that he only knew as, 'Cluade's friend.' He really appreciated her attempts of matching his false enthusiasm, but he could tell rather quickly that she was still shaken up from what had just happened, same as the rest of them. He offered a smile before confirming her quandary.

"That's right, it's Eric."

It wasn't long after this that members of the group started to peel off, one by one, all heading towards the Inn. Eric no longer had a reason to stand around so, like the others, he also began to walk in search of the Inn. As Eric started to walk, he was stopped by a voice that spoke directly to him.

"Do you actually have the wallet to pay for drinks?"

Eric turned around to see Kamon asking something that he could only assume was a joke. Eric smirked at the sarcastic question, halting his progress to respond.

"Guess you'll have to wait and see," Eric joked.

Following this, Eric began to walk again, at a quicker pace then most of his new friends. As he trotted down Route 212, he started to pass many of the other party members. First it was Risk, now he passed Rae and Cluade, the two friends walking side by side. Eric might have originally joked about that drink, but truth was he could really use one. The thought of a small alcoholic beverage made saliva start to form in his mouth. Once he got to the Inn, Eric was heading straight to the bar, given that the Inn even had one. After a short walk, Eric could finally see the Inn over the horizon. He smiled. At least the Inn offered a little familiarity. After venturing through unknown territory all afternoon, Eric felt comforted by the fact he recognized something.

Spending little to no time, Eric walked up the Inn's front steps and placed his hand on the oak door before pausing. He looked back to see his Lucario, Kyo, struggling to work his way up the steps. The entire endeavor must have taken a lot out of the proud Lucario. Holding up a force field of pure energy was tough enough, but Kyo did it while still recovering from saving Cluade earlier. If there was anyone on the team who earned some R&R, it was Kyo. Eric grabbed a Pokeball from his belt, pointing it in Kyo's direction and pressed the return button.

"Good work old friend. Take a nice long rest," Eric said as Kyo was returned to his Pokeball.

With Kyo taken care of, Eric finally felt ready to enter the Inn. The tall blonde forced the door open, revealing the dimly lit and empty lobby. He took a few steps inside before looking around in search of a bar.

"Yes," Eric whispered to himself as he spotted a bar off in the far corner.

Quickly, Eric walked over, taking a seat on one of the spinning bar stools. As he sat down, Akio sprung up from inside his backpack, climbing up to his shoulder and giving a happy squeak.

"Oh, hey there Akio! Almost forgot you were in there!"

Eric hesitated for a moment, juggled with the choice of waiting for the rest of the group or grabbing a drink to pass the time. After a few minutes of arguing with himself, Eric reached a decision.

"Bartender. Whiskey please."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mango
"Oh, you don't have to worry about me," She swayed his way, giving a bit of a soft nudge before assuming her pace, the lingering sent of cigarettes typically gave her a brief sense of nostalgia, there for she remained unbothered, for now. "I'm a tough girl, I can manage." Which was mostly bullshit, Rae was no less a mess than the next person - it was just going to hit her hard at some odd hour of the night, instead of in the moment, as usual. Expressions washed over his face by miniscule shifts, though she couldn't begin to decipher all that he was feeling, there was a reoccurring, brief twinge of internal pain, highlighted by a melancholic gloss to his eyes that made her own get a little sympathetically misty.

She started to say something, and then rethought her approach, letting the subtle fall of their not so synced footsteps make up the white noise for a few more moments. "I don't really take you as the type to jump on heart to hearts, and I don't know anything about how today affected you, but if you need to talk, I'll be sticking around for a little while," She offered, and left it like that - out in the open as an offer, with a metaphorical lid ready to seal the suggestion at any given time. As if on cue, Hisagi landed just before them, posture straight, eyes soft. "Status report?"

He let out a calm gurgle, answering the way she knew to mean, as far as he was concerned, they were in the clear for a while. "Appreciated," Responded the brunette, and the bipedal frog disappeared again, to where, not even Rae could be sure at the moment. At ease, trusting her partner's evaluation, the brunette lightened up a little more, spinning around once before hopping up on a deteriorating log that stretched out several feet in the direction they were going in - she balanced herself, arms outstretched, heel to toe, and then asked aloud, "Do you think we'll have to deal with something like this again, soon?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Entering the inn, Kamon simply sat on a chair. It wasn't unusual for him to travel with people. Guess he did before once with Victory. And once with some other people. It was just an unusual thing for him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I won't need a room," Kamon added quickly before anyone considered buying him one. He often like to sleep out underneath the stars snuggled in Blaze's fur.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar," Blaze cheered. [we won and there are no more clouds][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah I know," Kamon told Blaze, "Bit late observation."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar," Blaze replied. [I am just glad you're okay][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm glad no one is hurt either," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon turned to the group.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Kamon Surge," he told them, "Blaze, Esper, Magic, Hoot is the Noctowl you guys met, and Orb is the Gengar."[/BCOLOR]

"Oh, you don't have to worry about me," She swayed his way, giving a bit of a soft nudge before assuming her pace, the lingering sent of cigarettes typically gave her a brief sense of nostalgia, there for she remained unbothered, for now. "I'm a tough girl, I can manage." Which was mostly bullshit, Rae was no less a mess than the next person - it was just going to hit her hard at some odd hour of the night, instead of in the moment, as usual. Expressions washed over his face by miniscule shifts, though she couldn't begin to decipher all that he was feeling, there was a reoccurring, brief twinge of internal pain, highlighted by a melancholic gloss to his eyes that made her own get a little sympathetically misty.

She started to say something, and then rethought her approach, letting the subtle fall of their not so synced footsteps make up the white noise for a few more moments. "I don't really take you as the type to jump on heart to hearts, and I don't know anything about how today affected you, but if you need to talk, I'll be sticking around for a little while," She offered, and left it like that - out in the open as an offer, with a metaphorical lid ready to seal the suggestion at any given time. As if on cue, Hisagi landed just before them, posture straight, eyes soft. "Status report?"

He let out a calm gurgle, answering the way she knew to mean, as far as he was concerned, they were in the clear for a while. "Appreciated," Responded the brunette, and the bipedal frog disappeared again, to where, not even Rae could be sure at the moment. At ease, trusting her partner's evaluation, the brunette lightened up a little more, spinning around once before hopping up on a deteriorating log that stretched out several feet in the direction they were going in - she balanced herself, arms outstretched, heel to toe, and then asked aloud, "Do you think we'll have to deal with something like this again, soon?"
Well, she was right. He really wasn't one for heart to hearts, the last time he had talked about his feelings was two years ago and Arceus knows that didn't end well. He appreciated the Greninja that changed the subject before he had to respond, but he appreciated the fact that she would stick around a while more.

"Do you think we'll have to deal with something like this again, soon?"
ARCEUS I HOPE SO
Cluade stroked his chin for a moment before speaking, pondering just how he should state it. He simply decided on speaking freely. His voice carried nostalgia and wistfulness with a hint of regret.
"Almost certainly, I can't say when, though these things have a way of growin' into somethin' larger than they have the right to. For better or for worse I have a tendency to end up on trips like this."

"Almost certainly, I can't say when, though these things have a way of growin' into somethin' larger than they have the right to. For better or for worse I have a tendency to end up on trips like this," Claude says.

"Sounds like you'll need me," Risk speaks. "And it sounds like I'm sticking with the group. If this happens in the future again, we'll be sure to demolish it."

As they entered the inn, it was in a good one piece. "What is this thing made of anyways?" Taking a seat on a couch, Risk ponders. "I guess I'll introduce myself as well. My name is Risk. No last name, no initials, just call me Risk. My goal is very much like most of yours - to be the best, and to beat the rest, and to attend the little event. Usual, cliched, but fulfilling once acquired, and it is very possible, seeing that someone has to take the throne."

An Azumarill popped from behind the couch.

"I suppose I should introduce my Pokemon. This here is Azumarill. And over here, we have Malamar. Malamar belonged to my father, a most formidable trainer. With his Pokemon, I possess the strength for victory."

Malamar caws. "Krrr... (yeah, Junior here is a rookie. He has too much bite and too little bark, I have to say.)"

"Mrrr! (I always thought it was the other way around.)" Azumarill replies.

"Krrr... (different points of view I guess.)"

"I guess I'll have a drink too. Eric, is that right? Thank you for the drink, in advanced," Risk says before exclaiming. "Bartend, one Pina Colada p- huh?"

Risk was interrupted by a tentacle wrapping around his wrist. Turning back, Malamar was shaking its head.

"Fine," Risk sighs, before turning back to the Barkeeper. Pokemon take after their trainers, and since his father wasn't there, his father's Pokemon had to do the job. "is there an ice cream menu?"

@RestlessComfort @Lissamel @Clyde @Red crow @R E I

"Wait--WAIT!"

Everybody was already leaving!? Somebody was dead!? Tallulah was flustered as she attempted to chase after them, all going off towards the inn. What had just happened? And, more importantly, how was everyone else so positively blase about all of it? Was this just normal? Was every single blasted town outside of Hearthrome cesspools of murder and weird weather and lighting leaves on fire to make flaming leaves? If that was the case, Tallulah thought, she was much better off just being a contest girl in Hearthrome constantly surrounded by glitter dust and costumes for pocket monsters.

Lucky for her, the inn wasn't terribly far away. Despite her flustered thoughts, it didn't take too long for Tallulah to burst into the place, gritting her teeth as she stomped over to one of the chairs in the inn's lobby and sat in it with a loud huff.

"Thanks for leaving me behind like that! Hmmph, and here I thought you'd recognize a week, feeble, and also exceedingly popular and talented female like myself. Leaving me to fend for myself like that--Who do you take me for?" She turned her nose in the air once more with another huffy sort of sniff. "I have a baby with me! A minor!" Then, as though to prove this point all the more, she felt along her waistline and found a Luxury Ball attached to her skirt. Pokemon of Tallulah's pedigree and conditioning deserved the best, after all. She threw the ball onto the floor, which caused ball-capsule balloon letters to spell out 'HOORAY' and float into the nether and reveal the tiny Happiny. Joy blinked once or twice, shuffling towards her master's leg, holding onto it for protection against all these strangers and their strange Pokemon.

"You see? A baby Pokemon! And you're going to leave me behind with this tiny, innocent Happiny and the great wide wilderness beyond just after I was almost murdered? What kind of people even are you? You guys are not invited to my fan club, that's for sure!"​

It wasn't long into Eric's whiskey that members of the group began to arrive at the Inn. First it was Kamon, next it was Risk, and now Tallulah had come blazing into the lobby in a fit of rage. One by one, the different members of the group began to introduce themselves and their Pokemon.

"Kamon Surge," Kamon told them. "Blaze, Esper, Magic, Hoot is the Noctowl you guys met, and Orb is the Gengar."

"My name is Risk. No last name, no initials, just call me Risk. My goal is very much like most of yours - to be the best, and to beat the rest, and to attend the little event."

So far, the only people who hadn't introduced themselves were Eric and Tallulah, and somehow, it didn't really seem like Tallulah was in the mood to introduce herself. She was playing the victim, killing the vibe of the entire Inn.

"And you're going to leave me behind with this tiny, innocent Happiny and the great wide wilderness beyond just after I was almost murdered? What kind of people even are you?"

The Inn fell silent for a few moments after Tallulah's outburst. Antsy to change the subject, Eric took another sip from his drink before standing up to address the group.

"As I'm sure you all deduced by now, my name is Eric. I'm a Pokemon trainer traveling with a team of 6. I too had planned to attend the festival in Unova. Obviously now, my trip is now delayed, as are the rest of you."

He reluctantly turned his attention to Tallulah, still steaming in her chair, infuriated by the thought that they hadn't taken her well-being into account before making their way towards the Inn. Eric started to get a little angry, which wasn't in his nature. He took a moment to calm himself before speaking to the young pink-haired girl.

"Look, I'm sorry that we left you, but after that entire ordeal, everyone just wanted to put it behind them. It has taken a lot out of all of us, and I think we all just need to take the night to relax and find our own ways to cope."

With that, he walked back to his seat, sitting down and taking another drink from his whiskey. Eric seemed to realize something, turning back to the group with a smile.

"Oh, I almost forgot. It's nice to meet everyone! Thank you for helping out today. I really REALLY appreciate it."

Nick took a moment to think about the things that had transpired. The women dying had not phased him nearly as much as the others but it has hard for anyone to walk away from the incident unscathed. Nick had thought it a waste to pulverize the amulet into powder. Was it not enough to break it? He could have sold the broken parts for some cash, damn Pokemon. The red haired boy looked to be more upset over then death then anyone else. Ether way, it did not change Nick's situation. Everyone was going to the inn but Nick did not have enough money for a room. It was a shame because he really wanted to sleep in a bed for once. Then it came to him. Why not loot the bodies? it wasn't like they needed their money anymore. What were they going to do with it, use it for a ferry ride across the river Styx?
With that Nick let the rest of his Pokemon out. Tara fluttered around him with many squeaks and hoots that Nick knew to be worry. Henry on the other hand just started arguing with himself about whether or not Nick was alright and if they doubted him. Nick quickly consoled Tara and they got to work looking for any valuable thing that could be of use. When Nick was done, he let out every Pokemon that had belonged to the dead rangers out of their Pokeballs. He could not stand to know that they were left in their ball and might not ever get out. Without exception every Pokemon began to morn the loss of its trainer. Nick examined his loot and found himself with enough money for a room for a few nights and a ferry ride. Now that he had money Nick went to the inn. The walk there was considerably shorter back then before. Even from the outside Nick could hear everything that was being said. From his observation there was only three people from the group that he could not identify. Nick walked into the inn and purchased a room for the night. After that, he went to the bar table and sat on the very end with his back to the wall so no one can get behind him. From there he began to observe the others.​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ooh, scandalous~" Risk says as he hears Talluah mention a baby. "I didn't think you were the type to lose- oh. My bad. I certainly was not speaking of what you think I was speaking of. I meant lose your way. Yes, lose your way. Nothing that involves scandals."

The 'baby' was a Happiny. These little guys were the first forms of Blissey. And Blissey was a very popular Digimon among tournament-goers due to its fortress-like egg-shaped body. "A good first step towards a pretty powerful beast of a Blissey. I've seen successful users of the Blissey line rely on Seismic Toss to chip their opponents away. It's just so satisfying to fling a comparatively titanic Pokemon into the sky, and watch it plummet on all fours~. While used in combat, I'm sure it'd be equally satisfying in Contests."

Risk rises up from his seat, approaches Talluah and looks into her eyes. "I guess mommy is a little frightened~. I am too, actually. On the inside. I thought you'd tag along close by. Tell you what, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Next time we enter a crowded place or a tight situation, you hold my hand, I hold yours. Mostly literal, but metaphorical when it has to be."

He reaches a hand out.

@Lissamel @RestlessComfort @Clyde @Naton @R E I

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll pay for my own drinks," Kamon told Eric, stepping up to the counter, he turned around, counting with his finger, "Okay. Four cream sodas. One coffee." All Kamon did was set down his card, which was shiny and silver. Not only did it have its official Gym Leader stamp, but he got half of each his parents own finances alongside his own on it. His mother and father been saving him money for years. He was pretty much one of those rich kids. He felt a bit flashy, but that wasn't the point. He wasn't trying to be flashy like those rich assholes wearing fancy suits and calling themselves trainers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar," Blaze said, [I want strawberry][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Nya," Esper responded. [I want raspberry][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hoo hoo," Hoot flapped his wings. [I want blueberry][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If it wouldn't be too much of a request I would also enjoy a strawberry cream soda," Magic told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Eh?" Kamon asked raising a brow, "Fine." He turned back to the counter, "Do you have the different flavors? Because these ones are requesting two strawberries, one blueberry and one raspberry."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon shook his head. Now they looked spoiled. [/BCOLOR]

I guess mommy is a little frightened~. I am too, actually. On the inside. I thought you'd tag along close by. Tell you what, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Next time we enter a crowded place or a tight situation, you hold my hand, I hold yours. Mostly literal, but metaphorical when it has to be."
While Oswald was, at first, quite inclined to eye Risk with utmost distrust, those eyes soon moved to the trainer's Malamar. While no Octillery he'd ever seen, he couldn't discount a polite cephalopod when he saw one. He made a few sounds best described as variations on the sound 'ooo', possibly in noise of confirmation, or to acknowledge a previous tentacle-five given before Tallulah was all huffy. Or maybe both. Or certainly both.

Issue was, flattery got you everywhere with Tallulah.

"Oh, well, aren't you just a delight! See, you guys," Her eyes purposely fell on everyone else on the room, one leg crossing over the other, "This is how you're supposed to treat a lady! You are reinvited into my fan club." She put on a giant smile, nudging Joy with her foot ever so slightly so the Happiny would give a small wave up to Risk...Even though she was still nervous.

She took his hand, squeezing it tight, clearly more than willing to take him up on the offer.

"You'd have to be living under a rock not to remember, but in case you are: I'm Tallulah!" Her previous anger was gone, replaced with an almost blushing pride in both being accepted as someone's very important person and getting the chance to brag about herself a little more. "I'm a very famous contest star! You'd be pretty smart not to forget my name, because being associated with me is gonna move you..." What was a polite way to say 'degenerate lowlives'? "...Humble little townsfolk up in the world! Also that means you all have to treat me nice, too. So get working on that part. It needs improvement."​

The chat with Rea was a pleasant surprise and made him feel like less of a monster. If it weren't for the fact that he was covered in filth then he would have gone strait to the bar with her, instead he stayed outside as she entered the Inn.
"I'll be in in a sec." He gave her an easy smile and a nod and she proceeded in without him.
BETTER TO JUST LEAVE NOW, BRIGAND
He released his Pokemon from their capsules, they could cause less trouble this way, and regardless of their character he wasn't sure that Emile or Emperor would fit inside. Even Cluade had to crane his back forward just to get through the door and then the ceiling couldn't have been more than two inches away from his head. Cluade ran up to the counter and asked for a room, the person there looked him up and down with a disgusted look before telling him that the gentleman at the bar had already bought him a room. Cluade reminded himself to pay Eric back later and rushed up to room the man at the counter had told him to, a key in hand.

He entered the room, which had an even smaller ceiling that forced Cluade to bend his neck slightly just to fit. He pulled out a change of clothes: A blue T-shirt, Black jeans, and his fathers dark old red leather jacket. He hadn't worn the jacket since the Johto league, but he had certainly grown into it since then. He washed up and got changed before running back downstairs and hitting up the bar.
"Gin and Tonic, please." He said to the bartender as a handful of vines seeped in through the window, tapping him on his back. "Oh, for the love of Arceus, fine." He said to the vines before turning back to the bartender. "two steaks, one non-alcoholic banana flavored drink, some Magikarp, if you have any, and a glass of water, please." Cluade paid for the huge meal easily and gave the dishes to Emile's vines who then carried them outside to be enjoyed by the Pokemon.
He glanced over to Rea who wasn't sitting very far away from him.
"Can I get you anything, Rea?"

Digimon Digimon Digimon Digimon Digimon Moshi Monsters whoops typo sorry

Well, that turned out differently than expected. He wanted to tease her a little, make her a little more flustered, but that works too.

It works fine for him, he supposes.

He realised that she was somewhat strong when she squeezed his little hands. Mild pain was present. He shook his hand a little to shake the tension of his compressed palm muscles off, before observing her ego inflate.

Well, this was somewhat hillarious. He could let this go on for the rest of the evening, or at least until something else distracts her. He proceeds to occupy himself with his many-flavoured sundae...

... on second thought, even he was starting to feel a little bad. He decides to question Tallulah at the end of a sentence. "So, Tallu, are you fine with sharing about your simpler times? Pre-contest past, for a better term?"

@R E I @RestlessComfort @Lissamel @Red crow @Naton

Oh, I almost forgot. It's nice to meet everyone! Thank you for helping out today. I really REALLY appreciate it.

With a wave of her hand, she modestly dismissed his gratitude, offering a ghost of a smile as she pondered over the menu hanging above. Eric was a refreshing flavor of positivity, unfortunately Rae wasn't skilled in reciprocating enthusiasm; he had, however, garnered her respect in the short time they'd been acquainted, despite how miniscule their interactions were, his actions said a lot about his character. "No way I was missing out on all the excitement, you two would've been lost without me," She offered teasingly, rotating back and forth subtly on her bar stool, in and out of everyone's conversation, one eye on the boy from earlier, distrust imminent with the nearly tangible proximity set between himself and the others.

"-being associated with me is gonna move you... Humble little townsfolk up in the world! Also that means you all have to treat me nice, too. So get working on that part. It needs improvement!"

An audible scoff immediately followed what spilled out of the coordinator's mouth. Rae was clearly not amused, but wasn't the argumentative type either, instead biting the inside of her cheek till a familiar iron taste coated her tongue, stomach a silently brewing pit of disdain. Bite me, she thought, uninterested in the conversation that birthed from this Tallulah's incessant whining and the oddball Risk's half hearted interest in her character. She found the prior to be one hell of an inferiority complex dolled up in vibrant colors, and the latter a bundle of entertainment wrapped up in one carefully crafted enigma, neither of which managed to capture enough of her attention to lure her into their conversing. The brunette crossed one long leg over the other, fumbling with a sugar packet (forming a small mountain before her) before a familiar voice brought her from momentarily negative energy.

"Can I get you anything, Rae?"

If he hadn't said her name, Rae wouldn't have even acknowledged what he said, automatically assuming he was making an offer to someone - anyone - else. She propped her chin on her fist, peering at him with those depthy, doe eyes of hers, "I like your jacket. ...How's about something fruity? And thank you, in advance."

Cluade smiled and called the bartender over, pulling out his wallet again. The bartender approached and leaned in on his palms, looking at Cluade.
"A sangria for her, please." The bartender made the drink hastily as Cluade sipped his gin and tonic. The bartender returned with Rea's drink, setting it in front of her. Her doe eyes blinked at the beverage, and Cluade wondered if he had made the right choice. Regardless, they both had their drinks now, usually Cluade would awkwardly walk away at this point, instead he decided to stay and talk.
"So, you seem rather experienced, how long have you been traveling for?"

Status
Not open for further replies.