Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cluade's head snapped in the direction he had heard the squawk come from, followed by slowly returning his gaze to the tree. He was beginning to get truly angry again, but he took a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm down, he couldn't afford to lose control three times in a day. Instead he looked back into the tree top and roared:
"Fine! Sit there idly if you like, follow me like a moron, but know that it doesn't end well for people that do!"
Cluade turned around and began to walk, no longer seeing signs that he was being perused, but knowing it was still a strong possibility. It didn't matter, the night was still young and his mind was full, he continued to walk, and think, and walk. He would stop occasionally, finding a spot where he simply decided to sit down and think for a moment, stroking his chin as he scowled. The only time he stopped truly was when he nearly tripped over a familiar face.
"Kamon?" He said, staring down at the frustrated psychic. "Didn't think I'd run into you out here."

"A poffin, you say? I think a 'Tough' could fit my comrade's signature Superpower. Perhaps I could learn some contest skills from you when the sun rises tomorrow."

Risk questions Tallulah. "Say, do you want to book a room early, or..."

Reaching up to Tallulah, he whispers into her ears where the others couldn't hear them, "be at the utter mercy of to-be drunk adults and lift their ready-to-puke bodies to their rooms. Adults vary, but drunk adults... ooohhh... I personally wouldn't want to go for that. I'm a good boy who keeps to his bedtime. Are you a good girl who keeps to hers?"
"Here we are!"

With a giant grin, Tallulah pulled out her little poffin, cracking it open and taking a moment to mull over the condition of each of them. You had to be very particular about these sweets, you know, or else you wouldn't get properly impressive results. Not to mention the costume accessories Risk probably didn't have, plus a very very fancy contest suit, and...Did this weird squid even know how to dance? There was an awfully long way to go before they could call themselves a proper contest duo, but no challenge was too great for the beautiful and fabulous Tallulah to tackle! "Here," She picked up about five poffins, offering them to Risk with a smile. "These are the best ones for tough contests--I'm sure Ozzy doesn't mind sharing!"

The Octillery popped a sucker against her arm, and she laughed.

Tallulah took a moment to shift about in her chair. Truth be told, Risk's comment on drunken adults could not possibly have been more correct. "Oh, I'm all for a room!" She sat up straight, grinning. "You wanna go together, then? My darling little babies need an excuse to stretch before our big journey tomorrow, anyway!"​

"Here we are!"

With a giant grin, Tallulah pulled out her little poffin, cracking it open and taking a moment to mull over the condition of each of them. You had to be very particular about these sweets, you know, or else you wouldn't get properly impressive results. Not to mention the costume accessories Risk probably didn't have, plus a very very fancy contest suit, and...Did this weird squid even know how to dance? There was an awfully long way to go before they could call themselves a proper contest duo, but no challenge was too great for the beautiful and fabulous Tallulah to tackle! "Here," She picked up about five poffins, offering them to Risk with a smile. "These are the best ones for tough contests--I'm sure Ozzy doesn't mind sharing!"

The Octillery popped a sucker against her arm, and she laughed.

Tallulah took a moment to shift about in her chair. Truth be told, Risk's comment on drunken adults could not possibly have been more correct. "Oh, I'm all for a room!" She sat up straight, grinning. "You wanna go together, then? My darling little babies need an excuse to stretch before our big journey tomorrow, anyway!"​
"I have no objections," Risk nods. "A room it is."

Risk returns his Pokemon to their Pokeballs. "I just hope this Inn doesn't serve additional stay-prices per Pokemon head present. I was once at a hotel like that, and things got confusing when my dad's Combee evolved during the stay."

At the counter, Risk turns back to Tallulah, "a room for two, is that what you desire?"

@Lissamel

After entering his room, he almost lays on the bed, until he realises that he needed a shower.

(if Tallulah agrees to share rooms for godknowswhyorhow)

"Hold it, lass!" he holds Tallulah's hand before she could land on a bed, "keep your bed clean."​

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Just as he was about to drift off into the land of sleep. In the pile of Pokemon that consumed his every being. Kamon was startled awake via a quick kick of someone tripping over him. Waking up very quickly and very angrily, the psychic trainer had a few of his empty Pokeballs floating around him as his eyes glowed in psychic energy and anger.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Magic woke up probably from the startling spike in energy put a hand on Kamon's shoulder. He was staring at the individual who had done something with the body. Kamon looked away for a second.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry, I always sleep out here," Kamon mumbled, looking at the grass, "It's a primal thing to guard one's pack."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon tried to avoid Claude's eye contact. Because he was pretty Claude would think he was weird now. Or something like it. Most people backed off from him when he was like that. [/BCOLOR]

I don't know. If we were able to study the pieces, maybe we would know more then we do now, but there would have always been that slim chance for her to come back. I'd rather be safe then sorry myself.

"But what if - " She felt Hisagi nudge her, and bit her lip to keep from rambling on. Rae had a terrible habit of continuing to overthink the hypothetical, thus bringing down the mood and feeding anxieties. No one here wanted to consider the fact they weren't done, or more specifically Rae's questioning of the pendant's origins - it was over, the discussion anyways, bar visits usually signified that fact. She cleared her throat, shifting her position a little, chin on her propped up hands. Her drink was supposed to nullify her thoughts! Yet somehow, even with dreamy eyes and a slight flush, she could still find a corner sober enough to stress.

"So, um, tell me about Littleroot? I've yet to visit Hoenn," Came her soft tone, lashes batting against her cheek bones. It might of been a little lame of a question, but she couldn't ask about Cluade, the others, today's events and didn't even want to ask how he got to Sinnoh - anything could bring up bad feelings again.

Nick sat in the tree watching Cluade and praying to access he did not do anything rash. Meanwhile Tara was still doing her thing further up the tree. Nick could see Cluade take several deep breaths then yell "Fine! Sit there idly if you like, follow me like a moron, but know that it doesn't end well for people that do!" After that he turned around and continued walking. Nick breathed an internal sigh of relief and moved to start the pursuit again. This time Nick did a better job. He was sure that Cluade knew he was being followed now but he was not sure where. Nick saw the person on the ground before Cluade did. He considered yelling out but did not want to give up his location. Cluade continued on his path and tripped on the boy on the ground. "Kamon, didn't think I'd run into you out here," Claude said. Kamon jumped up and Pokeballs started to hover around him like the plan it's of the solar system. Nick held his breath, not sure what was going to happen next. Suddenly the Pokeballs dropped and Kamon said
"Sorry, I always sleep out here." Nick watched the interaction from a distance but he was sure this was eather going to be really bad for him of really good, of which, he did not know.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's a primal thing to guard one's pack."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Cluade nodded his head in agreement, but Kamon didn't seem to notice as he looked away. Cluade could see that the young man felt self conscious slightly, worried what Cluade might think. Cluade stood up and dusted some dust and dirt off of his pants.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"I completely understand." He said easily. "Its not common for me to sleep inside or away from my Pokemon, either. But you blushed and are still dodgin' my eyes, we're both champions, so don't expect me to go judgin' ya for nothin'. After all, part of the reason I left Johto is because the paparazzi there is obnoxious to say the least, So the least we can do is not act like that around each other, and not expect it from each other." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon looked at Claude.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Most people, left me alone in Johto," Kamon told Claude, "For good reason. I'm nearly as powerful as my mother and I am still learning to harness new abilities over the years. People are normally scared of that. Even the paparazzi."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon was thinking back about a particularly horrible interview. A Goldenrod City Reporter for the,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] What's New Pokemon[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] show. Came to his new training center, training gym. As it was a placeholder for his legacy. But he swore to take both his parents gym and combine them into one the day he inherited the both. The training gym was to be like a gym atmosphere, but for practicing issues. People even earn a training badge, again it was more like a glorified trinket to show that all their hard work paid off.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Point was her name was Mrs. Kelly Corsola. She was there for the second grand opening of the training center. He was suppose to make a good impression, but she ran out of the training center absolutely terrified instead. Kamon's parents moved him to his aunt because they were afraid of how his powers would develop in the city. So they sent him somewhere more secluded and away from people. Kamon was use to people being afraid.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Good morning, What's New Pokemon, my name is Kelly Corsola, and I am here to bring to you the latest in what's New Pokemon," Corsola said in a chipper voice to the camera, "Today we're interviewing the famed legendary Johto Champion, Kamon Surge. Here in Cerulean City, is his new training center that provides a gym like atmosphere to help you beat the established gym leaders. So let's go on inside and see What's New."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Corsola walked in with mic in hand. Kamon never had really sought out the credit of others. So it was particularly awkward. He didn't want to advertise or be that person, but the woman practically begged him to do it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello there Kamon Surge," Corsola told him, "Say hello to the audience." she pointed to the camera.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hi," Kamon said shortly. Corsola smiled or tried too, but you could tell she was uncomfortable with his lack of personality.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well Kamon, please tell us about your idea with this training center," Corsola continued.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I am, uh, the son of two gym leaders, and I wanted to do something with that title, so I created a pseudo gym to help...people train to be better for gym leaders," Kamon muttered and Corsola continued to look nervous. Which made him nervous and uncomfortable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are these your Pokemon?" Corsola asked, walking up to Blaze and Magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, Blaze and Magic," Kamon told Corsola.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You seen it here folks, the two Champion Pokemon forever pictured on the wall, in the Hall of Champions," Corsola told the camera.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"ROAR," Blaze said enthusiastically enjoying the camera and letting his back flames spur up.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," Magic told the camera. Except that Corsola looked now even more uncomfortable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It…...talks?" Corsola asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"All Kadabras and Alakazams can speak," Kamon said, "He says he's more comfortable talking than behaving like an idiot. That he's comfortable talking around me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar?" Blaze asked [am I stupid?][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, you're not," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Corsola was now confused. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh he asked if he were stupid and I told him no," Kamon told Corsola, "Being the son of Sabrina, I have her gifts. I don't hear Pokemon cries. They speak to me normally."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh that's wonderful," Corsola tried to keep face, "You heard it here….the secret to Kamon's bond with his Pokemon folks."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah," Kamon said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, so Kamon, being a psychic trainer…..do...do you incorporate your powers into your battle?" Corsola asked, "Like performance….like Pokemon Performance."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well….I mean…..no….and yes….I mean I cannot give away the whole of my secret," Kamon told Corsola. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Corsola nodded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So...you could….what could you do with your powers? Like say….lift people?" Corsola asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon was confused by the question. He looked at Magic, who shrugged his shoulder. Even Blaze looked perplexed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I mean….I am nowhere near that level, but I need to employ the help of Magic to do so," Kamon responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah….ah..ah….did we get all the clips we needed?" Corsola asked her camera man. The Camera man also seemed nervous. Nodding his head slowly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I could show you," Kamon said excitedly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No...need...to show us…." Corsola now was shaking and so was her camera man. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't mean lifting you," Kamon said Blaze handed him a spoon, and Kamon bent it quite quickly with his skills. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you so much!" Corsola said her and her camera making a hasty and speedy escape from his training center.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though that was a few years ago, he could now lift Claude if he wanted to with his abilities by himself without the assistance of his Pokemon. He stared at Claude realizing he went quiet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry was thinking about something that happened a few years back, with a particularly…...failed interview," Kamon said, slowly getting up. Blaze realizing Kamon's presence had left pressed against Blaze, Blaze quickly shot up to stand beside Kamon. Nuzzling Kamon sleepily. Kamon briefly smiled. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That tickles Blaze," Kamon told the Typholosion.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, you need something," Kamon's eyes sharply sensed the aura of the other individual, "You have a spy by the way."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Most people, left me alone in Johto," Kamon told Claude, "For good reason. I'm nearly as powerful as my mother and I am still learning to harness new abilities over the years. People are normally scared of that. Even the paparazzi."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon was thinking back about a particularly horrible interview. A Goldenrod City Reporter for the,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] What's New Pokemon[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] show. Came to his new training center, training gym. As it was a placeholder for his legacy. But he swore to take both his parents gym and combine them into one the day he inherited the both. The training gym was to be like a gym atmosphere, but for practicing issues. People even earn a training badge, again it was more like a glorified trinket to show that all their hard work paid off.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Point was her name was Mrs. Kelly Corsola. She was there for the second grand opening of the training center. He was suppose to make a good impression, but she ran out of the training center absolutely terrified instead. Kamon's parents moved him to his aunt because they were afraid of how his powers would develop in the city. So they sent him somewhere more secluded and away from people. Kamon was use to people being afraid.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Good morning, What's New Pokemon, my name is Kelly Corsola, and I am here to bring to you the latest in what's New Pokemon," Corsola said in a chipper voice to the camera, "Today we're interviewing the famed legendary Johto Champion, Kamon Surge. Here in Cerulean City, is his new training center that provides a gym like atmosphere to help you beat the established gym leaders. So let's go on inside and see What's New."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Corsola walked in with mic in hand. Kamon never had really sought out the credit of others. So it was particularly awkward. He didn't want to advertise or be that person, but the woman practically begged him to do it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hello there Kamon Surge," Corsola told him, "Say hello to the audience." she pointed to the camera.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hi," Kamon said shortly. Corsola smiled or tried too, but you could tell she was uncomfortable with his lack of personality.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well Kamon, please tell us about your idea with this training center," Corsola continued.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, I am, uh, the son of two gym leaders, and I wanted to do something with that title, so I created a pseudo gym to help...people train to be better for gym leaders," Kamon muttered and Corsola continued to look nervous. Which made him nervous and uncomfortable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are these your Pokemon?" Corsola asked, walking up to Blaze and Magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, Blaze and Magic," Kamon told Corsola.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You seen it here folks, the two Champion Pokemon forever pictured on the wall, in the Hall of Champions," Corsola told the camera.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"ROAR," Blaze said enthusiastically enjoying the camera and letting his back flames spur up.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," Magic told the camera. Except that Corsola looked now even more uncomfortable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It…...talks?" Corsola asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"All Kadabras and Alakazams can speak," Kamon said, "He says he's more comfortable talking than behaving like an idiot. That he's comfortable talking around me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roar?" Blaze asked [am I stupid?][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, you're not," Kamon told Blaze.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Corsola was now confused. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh he asked if he were stupid and I told him no," Kamon told Corsola, "Being the son of Sabrina, I have her gifts. I don't hear Pokemon cries. They speak to me normally."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh that's wonderful," Corsola tried to keep face, "You heard it here….the secret to Kamon's bond with his Pokemon folks."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah," Kamon said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, so Kamon, being a psychic trainer…..do...do you incorporate your powers into your battle?" Corsola asked, "Like performance….like Pokemon Performance."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well….I mean…..no….and yes….I mean I cannot give away the whole of my secret," Kamon told Corsola. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Corsola nodded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So...you could….what could you do with your powers? Like say….lift people?" Corsola asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon was confused by the question. He looked at Magic, who shrugged his shoulder. Even Blaze looked perplexed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I mean….I am nowhere near that level, but I need to employ the help of Magic to do so," Kamon responded.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah….ah..ah….did we get all the clips we needed?" Corsola asked her camera man. The Camera man also seemed nervous. Nodding his head slowly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I could show you," Kamon said excitedly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No...need...to show us…." Corsola now was shaking and so was her camera man. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't mean lifting you," Kamon said Blaze handed him a spoon, and Kamon bent it quite quickly with his skills. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you so much!" Corsola said her and her camera making a hasty and speedy escape from his training center.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though that was a few years ago, he could now lift Claude if he wanted to with his abilities by himself without the assistance of his Pokemon. He stared at Claude realizing he went quiet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry was thinking about something that happened a few years back, with a particularly…...failed interview," Kamon said, slowly getting up. Blaze realizing Kamon's presence had left pressed against Blaze, Blaze quickly shot up to stand beside Kamon. Nuzzling Kamon sleepily. Kamon briefly smiled. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That tickles Blaze," Kamon told the Typholosion.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, you need something," Kamon's eyes sharply sensed the aura of the other individual, "You have a spy by the way."[/BCOLOR]
"I'm well aware of the spy, though they don't seem intent on leaving, maybe they think I'm gonna be vulnerable at some point tonight, then they'll swoop in and take me out. They're not very bright if they think so."
He shook his head, his scowl deepening before he spotted something interesting. It was just a tree to the normal eye, but it had an enclave near the bottom that could make a nice seat to stare up at the sky, plus they were close enough to the ocean to hear the waves and ocean Pokemon. He mad his way over to the tree and sat down.
"I don't need anything from you in particular, I just take walks and look for spots, hope you don't mind. I'm sorry to hear about your bad time with paparazzi, but at least they left you alone, seems like everywhere I went in Johto they were tryin' to piss me off."

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon followed Claude.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"They only left me alone because they leave my mother alone," Kamon told Claude, "They are afraid I am going to do something. You know like turn them into dolls or throw them across the room. I mean I can now do that. Well I mean I can throw people across the room, not the doll thing. Besides dolls creep me out."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His mother use to have a creepy collection of dolls that always use to stare at him with dead, soulless expression. Which always gave him the heebies. His mother use to further the creep factor, threatening, whenever he was bad, to throw his soul into a doll.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He believed it too. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Dolls are weird," Kamon added under his breath.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He sat also near the enclave. But not too close to Claude. He tried to keep some distance though. He didn't want anyone to start thinking they could get close or something like that. Beside Kamon was still very cautious about doing so. The ocean reminded him of Lugia. Who Kamon was friends with. Something he kept to himself though. Lugia was the most beautiful Pokemon had ever seen or met. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was a beautiful sight to behold. And the most beautiful power he had ever witnessed. He was looking across the ocean. Wandering who he would meet in Unova. Adventure was always driving Kamon to make decisions. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Um...Claude, was it?" Kamon began, "Errr….I really….do….want to thank you again…..for…..all that happened earlier." Kamon was never good at connecting and being emotional. So he crossed his arms defensively as if to guard himself. "Do you….stilll…." he trailed off and whispered the last bit, "talk to your parents?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]What kind of strange question was that Kamon? You're already not doing this conversation thing very well. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You….you...don't have to answer that," Kamon stuttered trying to retract his statement. Pull it together Kamon, speak more clearly with people.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's your favorite Pokemon?" Kamon asked. Even worse. Shut up. Stop running your mouth. He cleared his throat.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So….sorry don't do this people thing often," Kamon muttered one more time.[/BCOLOR]

Cluade simply stared up at the stars, going quiet after he heard the first question and the final statement. Kamon couldn't have known, Cluade rarely talked about it.
"My dad's dead and I never knew my mom. So, no, I don't talk to my parents anymore. Don't get beat up by askin' your question, though, that was a long time ago now. It's fine if you aint used to talkin' to folks, you find other means to learn about people."
He stared up at the sky still, the stars almost seemed to breathe, the streaks of light blue through the night's black sky like easy scars, painful memories of a lost past that it had come to terms with. The night sky always blew Cluade away, it was the reality behind sunny skies, one day the sun might die but the beauty of the stars was eternal.
"You know, people get too caught up in who they were, I think. Maybe... we should just focus on who we are. Who we're becomin'."

Some say that observation is the key to finding out what lies in the heart of people. For Nick, there was no truer fact. Nick has seen a great many hearts. Most of them were tainted and corrupt, others were hopeless and fallen. The world was so full of black hearts that after a while Nick had stopped looking but every once in a great while he would find them. He referred to them as the hearts of change. They were not perfect hearts. In fact it was just the opposite. They were hearts that knew true sadness and loss. They were hearts that had been pushed in the muck and dragged through the most unholy conditions. So then what was is it that make these hearts so different? It was their ability to get back up. The world would push them down time and time again but they would get back up and not only that, they would continue fighting. They would sacrifice themselves for others every time. They would protect the innocent and never need to be thanked. This is what made them special. They were so rare in the world. Saying they are a needle in a hay stack is an understatement. In actuality they were the one grain black sand in a beach. So easy was it for them to get washed in the tide of life. So easy was it for them to get lost. Many people pretended they were this person but eventually greed got the best of them. Nick was not one of these hearts, at least he did not think so. He greeded and wanted. He was just like every other street thug. The two people that were in front of him however, they might be it. It was too early for him to truly tell but there was a chance.
Nick jumped out of the tree. He knew they culd see him but he was sure that they would eventually get over it. This was a first for him so it made him nervous. New situations made him nervous but he wanted to know people. He did not bother looking at their faces. He was already ashamed of what he had did. To think that he was helping the girl, ridiculous. Once he had reached the group he awkwardly tried to explain why he was following Cluade and then apologized the best way he could. He did not usually apologize so it was probably awkward for everyone. Once finished with that he then asked them what was on his mind. It was a petty thing to need help with so he felt embarrassed but it needed to be done.
"Why are you here. Not in this forest or in this town. What drives you to live every day. what is your reason for living?

Cluade shook off Nick's apology, slightly disappointed in the boy, but not surprised, it's what Cluade would have done at his age. didn't even hesitate when his final question was asked.
"I just wanna be of some use to folks, that's all. The world is terrifyin', it's huge and full of folks that cant make it, I wanna be there for 'em when sure as shit no one else will. To help and inspire, to learn from your rivals, to admit when you were wrong- I learned that from my dad, but I had to learn what the world was like for myself. Ever since then I decided to help ease others burden, Arceus knows some folks need it. Arceus knows I'm willin' to give it."

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You know, people get too caught up in who they were, I think. Maybe... we should just focus on who we are. Who we're becomin'."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon bit his lip. And flopped onto his back, his brown purple hair sprawling onto the dirt. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I disagree with that," Kamon told Claude, "You still have to think about who you are now, to become someone else later. You always have to fine tune what could use some work, to become someone better later. It's like training Pokemon. You have to think of your strategies now so they work later."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The spy had finally entered the frame, though Kamon was looking at this individual from upside down because he had decided to flop. He was inspecting this individual. Guarded and defensive like he normally was. This was probably the least likely team and yet, Kamon simply waited for them to say something.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why are you here. Not in this forest or in this town. What drives you to live every day. what is your reason for living?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He wasn't sure if the answer was for Claude or for him. Should he answer? Kamon's heart was beginning to pound in a little bit of anxiety. Because he was unsure if he should say something. Claude was the first to say anything.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I just wanna be of some use to folks, that's all. The world is terrifyin', it's huge and full of folks that cant make it, I wanna be there for 'em when sure as shit no one else will. To help and inspire, to learn from your rivals, to admit when you were wrong- I learned that from my dad, but I had to learn what the world was like for myself. Ever since then I decided to help ease others burden, Arceus knows some folks need it. Arceus knows I'm willin' to give it."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon listened to Claude's answer. Did this individual expect him to answer? Kamon didn't know how to answer. Victory had always claimed Kamon could get too pushy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Because it's my duty," Kamon told this kid, "It's my duty for all the Pokemon of the regions to protect them and keep them safe."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did that sound lame of an answer? Kamon didn't know. That and he spoke out of turn he was sure. He just wanted to curl up somewhere and hide. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Because it's my duty," Kamon said "It's my duty for all the Pokemon of the regions to protect them and keep them safe."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Cluade nodded again, this time not looking away from the stars, Kamon's answer was more than respectable, although he noted how uncomfortable the young man was. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Honor bound, that's what you are, 'It's my duty' type people that try to do some good. I heard all about folks like you when I was growin' up, people who want teach others to love their pokemon, Pa spoke highly of you types, I know why. You should relax, Kamon, no one's judgin' you, not poorly at least." As he spoke Cluade relaxed further, leaning into the stump as he crossed his arms, still looking up.[/BCOLOR]

"So, um, tell me about Littleroot? I've yet to visit Hoenn,"

Rae appeared as though she wished to continue their conversation about the pendant, but after pausing for a moment, she quickly changed the topic to something more personal. It had been a long time since Eric had even thought of his home town. On the road as a trainer, it's easy to get caught up in the journey and the people you meet. It wasn't very often that you looked back on your past. Now, Eric was being questioned about his past, forcing him to think back years to give the beautiful women sitting in front of him a satisfying answer.

"Wasn't any different from your usual small town. Everyone knew each other on a first name basis and the adults were pretty friendly to one another. Personally, I wasn't a very popular child in Littleroot. All the other kids fit into a certain "group," but I never did. I guess that's why all of them decided to make me their target for bullying."

Eric looked away from Rae, taking another large sip of his drink. Akio got back up on all 4 legs and worked his way over to Eric. He cuddled up underneath his arm, making Eric smile and begin to pet him again.

"Wasn't all bad though," Eric started with a weak smile. "I may not have had human friends, but my mother was a Pokemon Rehabilitater so I had plenty of Pokemon ones. I became friends with every Pokemon that was brought to my mother, and for the longest time, I was content with that. Don't get me wrong, the beatings and ridicule brought me down a little bit, but..."

Eric paused again, deep in thought, looking back up to Rae, who was looking at him with a concerned stare.

"I don't know...there was something about being around all those Pokemon that made me feel like it was all going to be OK. That's where I met Akio here, along with Kyo."

Another mouthful of whiskey washed down Eric's throat as a solemn smile came across his face. Akio worked his way into Eric's side like a thorn, trying to show his trainer that it was OK and it was in the past. Eric set his half-empty glass back down on the table, folding his arms and staring at Rae with an adoring, yet longing look in his eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick had listened to their answers. " In truth, i don't have an answer to that question. I never really had time to think about it but now that i am.... nothing comes to mind. I guess one could say that I am here to find out why I am here.
Nick was about to continue his thought when he say it. There was movement to his left just outside of the clearing they were in. He was now facing that way and spoke in a hushed voice. "looks like I am not the only sneak here. Anyone want to find out who our other spy is?"

Cluade jolted up, standing in a ready to fight Possition before flying into the bushes with his fists flying. A few moments later he emerged from the bushes, scraped up and holding a man in black by the neck with one hand. The man in black squirmed against Cluades vice grip, but it only tightened as Cluade grew furious. He tossed the man into the middle of the clearing with a loud thud, wounding the man and making it difficult for him to get back up.
"It's one if those thugs from before, the police office is likely still closed, so, what do we do with him?"

Nick faced the direction the Movement originated from. Then in a flash, Cluade dashed into the bushed and a quake of bushes ensued. Cluade came out of the bushes with a man dressed in black struggling against him. He threw the man onto the ground and Nick could hear an almost inaudible snap come from him. Something was broken but Nick could not tell what. "It's one if those thugs from before, the police office is likely still closed, so, what do we do with him?" Cluade said. "Well we could start by interrogating him," Nick suggested.

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Honor bound, that's what you are, 'It's my duty' type people that try to do some good. I heard all about folks like you when I was growin' up, people who want teach others to love their pokemon, Pa spoke highly of you types, I know why. You should relax, Kamon, no one's judgin' you, not poorly at least.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon shrugged. He didn't know if he was honor bound the way Claude made it out to seem. He didn't even know if he wanted to teach people anything. All Kamon really considered was that Pokemon be at peace.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"In truth, i don't have an answer to that question. I never really had time to think about it but now that i am.... nothing comes to mind. I guess one could say that I am here to find out why I am here."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If everyone was special, then no one was special. If you always were seeking out a solution a meaning, then you'd never find the answer. Only through action Kamon will you find the answer. His father's voice boomed in his head. It was an obnoxious kind of speech too.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before Kamon could say anything else though, he felt the presence of another individual. The kid who had no answer was the one who mentioned something first. Claude dived in head first and was now holding a man in black. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well we could start by interrogating him,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No need, if he's not protected I can take whatever I want from him," Kamon's eye glowed and Espeon got up with its eyes also glowing.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.