Pokemon: The Dark Order [OOC/SIGN UP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean sure there isn't a limit on how many moves it can use, but I don't get how you are giving an Abra Dynamic Punch.

I mean sure there isn't a limit on how many moves it can use, but I don't get how you are giving an Abra Dynamic Punch.

He can learn Dynamic Punch. . The point is that it's a fucking brutal combination with Telekinesis. And there were no other moves with poor accuracy in his move roster.

Except the fact that Abra can't learn it? I mean Abra can surprisingly learn a lot of punching moves, but dynamic punch is NOT one of those moves.

Bagels

Last edited:
TM01 is Focus Punch, not Dynamic Punch.

At least until the newest game, where it became hone claws. The fact is it was only ever allowed to learn dynamic punch in an outdated generation, where we it was said we would be keeping everything up to date.

Last edited:
Should I eat ramen I wonder?

Last edited:
History is complete. Told you tragic backstory is tragic. lol

Alright. For the first time, I'm going for short-term failures for long-term success.

I can't believe I'd ever say this, but I'd love Magikarp to be my partner.

Alright, before I change my mind to Gastly, do answer this - does Trade Evolution require actual trade or am I allowed to simply evolve Haunter into Gengar through regular training?

Last edited:
I'm thinking of playing a Wild Child of sorts in this too HUEHUEHUE

Alrighty, now for the important question - is the exclusion of Dratini on purpose? If no, is it possible to have Dratini as a Starter?

The PC fairy strikes me

Last edited:
@Crow

I believe the GM isn't allowing doubles of the same starter, so I don't know if you'd be able to choose Ghastly (Someone took it but the GM didn't cross it out it seems). I don't know the reasoning for the selection of starters myself but I would just say sticking to them.

@Clyde

My only other problem would have been how a rank E trainer could justify getting to a move tutor (not even going into figuring out how exactly what things across generations are going to be present/allowed in this rp), but you're just going to pretend its an egg move so that leave that criticism invalid.

Soymilk or almond milk, now that's the question

Last edited:
And another question - are Hidden Abilities and Egg Moves allowed? If yes, I'd love Shellder. If 'no' to Hidden Abilities, my little red fish.

It's in the OP thread. Battles are going to be relatively free-formed and theater of the the mind. I won't worry much about move sets, statuses, etc too much. Pokemon is just part of the setting to add unique flavor for roleplaying purposes. We're not trying to play Pokemon battles on a message board.

Reactions: mango
I really wouldn't worry too much about abilities and such. Not like we're going to limit ourselves to 4 moves or keep track of stats.

Now with 100% orange juice

Last edited:
I'm thinking of playing a Wild Child of sorts in this too HUEHUEHUE

Alrighty, now for the important question - is the exclusion of Dratini on purpose? If no, is it possible to have Dratini as a Starter?
sorry for the late reply crow

for Dratini I would like to make it as an event reward like seasonal thingy but you can have it though it would take time for dratini to evolve

as for egg move are allowed and we're going to go up until the latest gen for moves and typing as well

for trade evolution I'll change that into natural evolution~!

Due to my indecisiveness, I think I'll have two characters as well - one with Magikarp and one with Shellder.

Magikarp is high risk high reward. Plus, since Gyrados is capable of sky battles and evading Ground-Type Attacks, maybe he could be used for Aerial transportation?

I agree with the prior statements that suggest that Flying Pokemon should have default flight, Water Pokemon should have default Surfing, etc.

Reactions: mango and GreenSea
Due to my indecisiveness, I think I'll have two characters as well - one with Magikarp and one with Shellder.

Magikarp is high risk high reward. Plus, since Gyrados is capable of sky battles and evading Ground-Type Attacks, maybe he could be used for Aerial transportation?

I agree with the prior statements that suggest that Flying Pokemon should have default flight, Water Pokemon should have default Surfing, etc.

Haha Magikarp will be very hard to train though you'll need a party when your charrie comes in play haha. 2 charrie will be fine by me
Yeah it'll be realistic to be like that I mean I can't imagine to have pigeot can't fly eventhough it has giant set of wings haha!

Okay @Clyde I'm not a person who usually does this nor I want to take this to PM but I hope you'll get along with other players in this RP. Though I hadn't said anything much since you post here, I've been lurking at the back monitoring all of the player. Please note that as for appearance, I think most of us only use picture as a reference that's why we didn't think too much on the clothing as for moves which mean where did Abra came from, is it a gift or....?

I am so surprised no one chose Pikachu. o:

Hey, Green, please don't maim me for what may be a painfully obvious question, haha, but will Pokemon be obtainable via the wild? I'm reading through the first post but I can't recall what was discussed, if all future team mates will be quest prizes or caught amidst nature, etc.

If there's an answer already just say so I apologize for missing it. c;

Status
Not open for further replies.