Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love finals. I thrive in the pressure.
No, that's insanity. And you're full of it sir.

There won't be so much of a complete stopping point for the holidays, more so the mini arc. It'll last probably until the holidays end. Meaning, it'll start around the 22 (or 23rd) so hopefully we can wrap things up by then. Then it'll end around the 1st or you know 2nd Just in case you're drunk from the first

The mini arc is just if you aren't busy and still have time to post. (And want to) Just simple shenanigans like an island visit or on ship shenanigans that pass the time.
But! Let's wrap things up with this arc!

@Mizos, you're still alive and kicking right? Haven't heard from you innnn some time.

I'm still here and I posted just been busy getting ready for the holidays, no rest for the wicked and all that.
I should be fine next week but I got so busy someone told me "Hey Christmas is next week" and I went. "...oh shoot your right."
The fact most of my shopping was for Christmas made me tilt my head a little.

For you Prince...I think I can kind of understand it, when I was doing Nano in those last days my adrenaline really got pumping especially the last night.
It was fantastic.
Unless I'm mistaken then oh well, still congrats Aki for finishing and to you Prince for your immense success.

Winter your pretty much right about finals (Nice render by the way), imagine staring at a tank and it points it's barrel at you, then imagine a tiger shark is falling from the sky towards you with dynamite attached to it set to explode the moment it reaches you, then take into account meteors are falling from the sky both on fire and covered in electricity (because &$#& physics). Add in about five nukes covered in rabid chipmunks and the fact that there is no escape and all of that is going to hit you one by one (The tank is your easiest class by the way, why it's simple) and that's pretty much exams if you're taking four classes. Least for me anyway.

All of that aside Fox enjoy being on and Island when you go...never been to one myself so I suppose I'll say...Aloha and hope that fits.

I don't really get my adrenaline pumping. I think I'm like partially autistic or something with tests. I don't get excited, riled up or nervous. I just ace them. I know how to study effectively, too. I use my strengths and weaknesses with recall and recollection. For example, if I study (days) before a test, I will go over the material I know least well or have the weakest understanding of, then I will try to memorize core material. But, if I know I'll have 5-10 minutes before the test, I'll take the time to make a SINGLE sheet of information to memorize. That way, it will be in my short-term recall for the entire test. The process of making a single sheet will help me memorize the material because it forces me to understand what I do and don't know in addition to choosing the material I believe I will need the most help with. In doing this, I'm developing a long-term memory, working on what I don't know and almost assuring that I have at least one or two sheets worth of key information locked up. The best part is that using this method I can reset my head for multiple tests, so since I got slammed with 4/7 finals in one day then 3/7 two days later, I could just pull out a single sheet, read over it and slam through a test like it was nothing. Another very effective trick, if you know you're going to take multiple tests, is buy like 10 packs of gum and chew a certain flavor while studying a certain subject. You will use associative memory to begin remembering information. It sounds stupid as fuck, but 6-7$ worth of gum can literally make a C or B into a B or A. All of those techniques, even still, are radical. Most of the time, I don't study. I go in perfectly calm, close my eyes and remember all the information I think I'll need. My motto is "anything you can't use during the test is pointless", ie all the notes and prep won't mean a damn of the test isn't open-notes. Throughout my academic career, I have almost ALWAYS tested higher than that girl who takes notes of everything and is the teacher's pet, or that guy that types down an entire lecture to go over it. Rely on yourself and your own mind, and you'll go a lot further.

When the pressure is on, I do better. Some people crack. Some people stutter and don't know what to do. In the field I work (fast food), I might be a manager now, but I can cite my old reviews where my department managers would say, "xxxxx will help motivate the crew using phrases like 'its not fun unless we're wrapped around' or 'if I have to go back and make my own damned burgers, I will and I'll make you hand it to the customer since I made it." I was cross-trained, but I performed order-taking in service the best/most often. I was the first in the chain because I didn't want to wait on anyone. When I went to grill, I either supported or just cooked food. Why? Because I wasn't waiting on anyone; I made food and looked for the opportunity to make things go smoother. When the pressure is on, I don't slow down. When the pressure is unbearable, that's when I just begin to have fun. And, when people that can't take it slow down, I don't like to wait. As management, I don't get to do that anymore. I have to be considerate even to the slow members of my crew and the younger grill members that can't take the pressure as well. You could say the red tape holds me back a lot.

Anyway, rant of the day is over. Point being, I believe success starts from within. If you go in with the mindset that your greatest tool is your mind, you'll begin to make use of the most powerful tool you'll ever have in your life. If you're constantly looking to be pressed a little harder or a little further, you'll never stop growing. Do you choose to be just enough, or do you strive for greater? Even if you have very little ambition, just skimming by is shitty. Reality is, if you have a processor that can barely handle its workload, it'll burn out quicker. But if you make it better than what you have to do on a daily basis, it'll last you five-six years. Be better, last longer and achieve greater - all of it begins just by looking at your next challenge, and facing that mother fucker head on.

Congratulations, Prince :party:

Drat, I didn't get any notifs >-<. Anyways, I'll have a post up either tomorrow night or Tuesday morning!

Here's a cool potato :D

Stuffed-Baked-Potato.jpg

I will second that congratulations. But you get no party emoticon from me! :boat: You get a little boat for no particular reason instead.

Also, that does look delicious. And now I want to try it...or make it. Looks like I'll have to make it.

tumblr_static_8nh4o98h1go48sgogg44owo4w.jpg

This picture ooobviously fits the time of year. Obviously.

Prince, I should warn you that this is a scam, a phishing scam to be precise. Me and my friends had almost fallen for it, but then a friend of mine did some digging and discovered it was not legit. I hope you read this in time before entering any information.

Also Aki, I see what you did there :P. I wont spoil it though.

Last edited:
Uh... really? My account, RIGHT NOW, has 17,211 RP. >.> I got this yesterday, today and I have enough for tomorrow already. I'm sure there's ads and phishing for some of this, but I used enough blockers, cookie cutters and extension blockers that I got null-to-nill in that. My email blew up some, but that'll fade.

I will screenshot if you want. lol

Edit: I double checked, and you're right. This is normally a scam. The only people who get ANYTHING out of it are the people that jump on it at the VERY beginning, like I did. Once they run out of these, they just make their money in phishing, forced advertising and information marketeering. I assure you, however, I've managed to purchase 2 7200 RP packages at no cost to me, so... it's really just how fast you can jump the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Aki, I see what you did there :P. I wont spoil it though.

Heh, now what are you talking about silly Winter? I'm simply doing what I do best. Whatever that may be.

I believe in the next post (from me), the crew will finally be reunited with the Coral Pearl. :D And Alicia will finally escape all this affection.

HAve this song, because it's stuck in my head.

Meaning, it'll start around the 22 (or 23rd) so hopefully we can wrap things up by then. Then it'll end around the 1st or you know 2nd Just in case you're drunk from the first

Guys let's get these last posts up! We can wrap things up for the holidays!

I was sincerely waiting for you to reply, "Damnit Prince! Stop having your random NPC's kiss Alicia!"

I was sincerely waiting for you to reply, "Damnit Prince! Stop having your random NPC's kiss Alicia!"
I second this.

Haha, I'm finding it to be an amusing joke to this arc. Alicia however, is certainly not amused. Hopefully it's not a running joke that continues or else I'd feel sorry for the next person who wont have the powers to hold her still while it happens.

Alicia's response:
tumblr_mt0zg7SdXb1rf3uloo1_400.gif

Also I don't know who Kota is. I haven't seen his sheet yet.

Just to give you a brief synopsis, since Alicia might have actually heard of him IC...

Koji (I did change his name, my bad) Kitetsu is considered one of if not the single greatest swordsman in the world. He is a freelance pirate contracted to only deal so much property damage/theft in a year to avoid bringing him to justice because they don't want to deal with him. He wields the Shodai Kitetsu, the strongest of of the Cursed Blades, and supposedly dueled the fourth Shichibukai to attain it. The Shodai Kitetsu and Koji are basically equivocal to Dracule Mihawk, albeit slightly under his skill level. He is masterful at several forms of bladed combat and when he becomes serious takes up the formal stance of the Samurai. Koji has a series of abilities that literally manifest the murderous, malicious intent of the Shodai Kitetsu, his most famous being the Kitetsu: Satsui:

Kitetsu: Satsui A technique embodying the murderous intent of the Shodai Kitetsu and using elements of Battōjutsu. Koji takes a firm stance, easily identifiable as one of the most iconic Battōjutsu stances. For a brief moment, Koji merges his will with the Kitestu, forcing it to perform a quick draw - a single slash - at his target, but allowing it to manifest its will to kill the target. The brief moment is so quick that even masterful eyes may miss it. The blade is drawn and sheathed almost instantaneously, making the slash as quick as it is deadly - capable of slashing should solid steel barriers if need be. At the end of the technique, Koji appears behind his target with the Shodai Kitetsu sheathed.
Releasing the will of the Kitetsu alone is similar to a burst of Haki in that it can knock out or even kill those with a weak will around it. This is just a small taste of his abilities, as that technique is obviously a kill move for weaker opponent. Koji is meant to be on-par with Shouta. For reference, Davy and Lilly Jones still completely blow these guys out of the water. I don't own a single stronger character, nor do I think miss Aki has one in existence yet. So, it's not like they're all-powerful or anything.

Anyway, Koji specifically is a rogue pirate that likes to test his skills and boast his fame. He's all about beautiful women, booze and his own infamy. He is, in fact, the most shallow character I created for this RP. Imagine if we gave Luro a high(er) sex drive and a huge power boost.

Note: there is a blend of facts and rumor there. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.